|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: mx 300 or mp52?

mx 300 or mp52?

Going to get a new set of irons for no reason in particular .Had the chance to hit a mates mp62's yesterday and loved the feel of the mizzy's (no surprise to most). Iwas surprised how well i hit them (handicap 19 - but have played to 15,16 two out of last three rounds) Have been toying with the idea of getting either mp52's or mx 300's. I'm thinking that the mx300's are probably too similar to the irons i already have (mac mt mids) in design and size etc and the only real advantage of them would be the forged feel. Wasn't really considering mp 52's until i hit the 62's and am now thinking they may be a better option. Only thing i didn't like with the 62's was the ball flight was a tad low and distance was a fraction shorter (probably due to different lofts). Anyone hit both mp52's or mx 300's?
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

LOL - you are just like me. I am thinking of getting the MP-62's for no particular reason other than I love my MP-30/33 combo and feel like a nice shiny new set.

I haven't hit the MP-52's or the 300's but I am sure that both are fantastic irons. I have often considered the MP-52's myself but I love my MP-30's and the MP-62's just seem like the modern equivalent. Oldplayer has the new MX-300's and seems to like them.

I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with either.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I convinced the missus that the time is right with the Aussie dollar nearly the same as th US dollar and she only has to say ok once!! The 62's were as sweet as, and i also had the chance to hit a mpt10 wedge which i thought was fantastic as well. Really noticed with the 62's how the narrow sole just cut through the turf and left a perfect divot, and the sound of one hit out of the middle was to me how a well struck shot should sound.
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    I convinced the missus that the time is right with the Aussie dollar nearly the same as th US dollar and she only has to say ok once!! The 62's were as sweet as, and i also had the chance to hit a mpt10 wedge which i thought was fantastic as well. Really noticed with the 62's how the narrow sole just cut through the turf and left a perfect divot, and the sound of one hit out of the middle was to me how a well struck shot should sound.
    Agree the narrow sole and smaller club head makes these clubs seem like precision instruments compared to the many oversized GI shovels on the market these days.

And they are NOT that much harder to hit either.

Now where the f#ck am I?

There is not a lot separating the two models. I really like the mx 300's as they are a good feeling iron and just super easy to hit. I enjoy the confidence they instill, especially when the swing is a little off. I play of a mid to high single figure cap (depending on current form) and have played blades plenty of the time. The 300's don't feel, look or play like shovels to me.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    There is not a lot separating the two models. I really like the mx 300's as they are a good feeling iron and just super easy to hit. I enjoy the confidence they instill, especially when the swing is a little off. I play of a mid to high single figure cap (depending on current form) and have played blades plenty of the time. The 300's don't feel, look or play like shovels to me.
    Although the fact they are GFF may save you, but you should know that personal appraisals mean squat around here. If they aren't GFF muscle back blades they are POS SGI CB shovels no matter what the actual guy playing them thinks.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Although the fact they are GFF may save you, but you should know that personal appraisals mean squat around here. If they aren't GFF muscle back blades they are POS SGI CB shovels no matter what the actual guy playing them thinks.
    Blasphemy!!!

They may not share the same lofty pedestal as GFF Blades but MX-200/300's are still accorded the respect and adulation reserved for all things GFF.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Blasphemy!!!

They may not share the same lofty pedestal as GFF Blades but MX-200/300's are still accorded the respect and adulation reserved for all things GFF.
    I did say the fact they are GFF may save him, but we will have to wait for Sooner and HB to comment before making any conclusions.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Going to get a new set of irons for no reason in particular .Had the chance to hit a mates mp62's yesterday and loved the feel of the mizzy's (no surprise to most). Iwas surprised how well i hit them (handicap 19 - but have played to 15,16 two out of last three rounds) Have been toying with the idea of getting either mp52's or mx 300's. I'm thinking that the mx300's are probably too similar to the irons i already have (mac mt mids) in design and size etc and the only real advantage of them would be the forged feel. Wasn't really considering mp 52's until i hit the 62's and am now thinking they may be a better option. Only thing i didn't like with the 62's was the ball flight was a tad low and distance was a fraction shorter (probably due to different lofts). Anyone hit both mp52's or mx 300's?
    The 52 are fantastic clubs. I have them. I also have the MX200. The 52 isnt hard to hit really. Both models are being replaced in the Mizuno lineup though. The 53 is taking over for the 52 and the JPX800pro is the new MX300.

Id do a commercial for the 52s is anyone asked me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    The 52 are fantastic clubs. I have them. I also have the MX200. The 52 isnt hard to hit really. Both models are being replaced in the Mizuno lineup though. The 53 is taking over for the 52 and the JPX800pro is the new MX300.

Id do a commercial for the 52s is anyone asked me to.
    Yeah i had noticed the 53,63 and jpx's all had the exact same dimensions as the clubs they are replacing. makes me wonder how much more can they do with an iron.
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Yeah i had noticed the 53,63 and jpx's all had the exact same dimensions as the clubs they are replacing. makes me wonder how much more can they do with an iron.
    Well, according to Mizzy, there is pretty noticeable difference on the sole of the 53 compared to the 52. Dunno really.

Dude, check out Mizuno's website and get the MP-63. It's like, the newest thing dude and they look more modern and space age and all that. The MP 52 doesn't feel as good as the MP-62 and the MX-300 is basically a piece of rib eye.

The MP-52s were my first ever set of Mizunos, and my first real foray into player's clubs. The 52s are harder to hit than a GI shovel, but they are easier to hit than blades. They do not have the feel of blades, but they have a little more feel than GI shovels.

Personally, I do not think a low ball flight is because of the head as much as it is the shaft. I hit a lower ball flight with my DG S300 shafts, but after installing new Nippon shafts in the 52s back in the Spring, I now hit them with a higher ball flight. If you like the 62s, then I suggest you get them and consider replacing the shafts with some Nippons with the weight you like.

I will likely be playing the MP-52s in my contest against Dave next Thursday. 52s give you a forged iron with very little offset, but you also get some forgiveness with the cavity back.

I think the 62s are sexy though and I wouldn't mind playing them.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    The MP-52s were my first ever set of Mizunos, and my first real foray into player's clubs. The 52s are harder to hit than a GI shovel, but they are easier to hit than blades. They do not have the feel of blades, but they have a little more feel than GI shovels.

Personally, I do not think a low ball flight is because of the head as much as it is the shaft. I hit a lower ball flight with my DG S300 shafts, but after installing new Nippon shafts in the 52s back in the Spring, I now hit them with a higher ball flight. If you like the 62s, then I suggest you get them and consider replacing the shafts with some Nippons with the weight you like.

I will likely be playing the MP-52s in my contest against Dave next Thursday. 52s give you a forged iron with very little offset, but you also get some forgiveness with the cavity back.

I think the 62s are sexy though and I wouldn't mind playing them.
    What did you have prior to the MP-52s?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    What did you have prior to the MP-52s?
    Taylormade R7s. They were shovels deluxe . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Have you hit the 300's sooner? There is a set over here for sale with nippon shafts, although they are 950gh ht. Can't seem to find what the ht is, i'm thinking high trajectory?
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Have you hit the 300's sooner? There is a set over here for sale with nippon shafts, although they are 950gh ht. Can't seem to find what the ht is, i'm thinking high trajectory?
    Take a look at the link.

http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/steel/950.htm

Thanks LH, in my usual ignorance i never scrolled down far enough when i brought this page up before. The shaft sounds like it could be a good fit for me, and the 300's on offer are 4 to gw which would also suit me better, i just have to convince myself that they would be that much different to what i already have. The 52's i know are very different and the thought of having 2 usable sets (depending how my ball striking is )sits well with me.
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

I have played the NP 950s before, but I have 1150s in my 52s. I just like the heavier shafts better.

I've never played the 300s, Roo . . . .

I have played the NP 950s before, but I have 1150s in my 52s. I just like the heavier shafts better.

I've never played the 300s, Roo . . . .

Thread Information