Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Meh - what's so different about that?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

At least it only gets 8 more yards instead of the usual 15...
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    I guess distance is going to max out at some point regardless of the new paint job on the latest driver. But I'm sure they can still eek out another 20 yards.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Callaway make some of the best drivers out there. This one is another top draw job, well done Cally.

I will give it a look when its out over here

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CalD.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	2497

WHO is designing this sh.it?
    I guess I don't see how that driver is any stranger or cheaper looking than anything else that's coming out. One of my neighbors works for Callaway R&D so maybe he had a hand in it. The best driver I've ever hit is the one I'm playing now...Callaway Hyper X Tour Driver. Despite what people say Callaway has made some great equipment and paved the way for the oversized club. You'd all be hitting your Ginty's if it wasn't for Callaway.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I guess I don't see how that driver is any stranger or cheaper looking than anything else that's coming out. One of my neighbors works for Callaway R&D so maybe he had a hand in it. The best driver I've ever hit is the one I'm playing now...Callaway Hyper X Tour Driver. Despite what people say Callaway has made some great equipment and paved the way for the oversized club. You'd all be hitting your Ginty's if it wasn't for Callaway.
    Wow, I was expecting GR to annihilate this design. Perhaps we have all been indoctrinated that goofy lines, bright fire engine reds, '67 Mustang pin-striping, and a Playdough shape are the norm now.

I've had a long progression of Callaway drivers and have no problem with most of them. Going to something with a less obnoxious sound has made me critical of their contact noise. The tour models do tend to be less over the top...
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Wow, I was expecting GR to annihilate this design. Perhaps we have all been indoctrinated that goofy lines, bright fire engine reds, '67 Mustang pin-striping, and a Playdough shape are the norm now.

I've had a long progression of Callaway drivers and have no problem with most of them. Going to something with a less obnoxious sound has made me critical of their contact noise. The tour models do tend to be less over the top...
    Basically all the OEM's seem to be bringing out garish looking designs these days. That looks quite similar to the latest Taylormade models IMO. I guess since they maxed out at 460cc they need to do something else to convince the gullible masses that their latest model is an improvement on the previous one. Hence the weird & wonderful designs packaged as the 'latest technology'.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Is the red on the sole just stripes or is it an actual indentation? I think a mini spoiler on the back of the crown is the next obvious step.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Is the red on the sole just stripes or is it an actual indentation? I think a mini spoiler on the back of the crown is the next obvious step.

I think it needs a whale-tail on the back and some neon ground effect lighting, and also a good subwoofer to further enhance the sound.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Yeah.....I've gotten every new driver from Callaway and Taylormade over the past 15 years, each promising a multi-yard distance increase. I'm now up to 462 yards average drive....... I have to use my 5 iron on any hole less than 375 yards to avoid hitting over the green.........
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    I think it needs a whale-tail on the back and some neon ground effect lighting, and also a good subwoofer to further enhance the sound.

FON
    You may be onto something by adding a subwoofer. If you fine-tune a frequency that helps compress the ball, maybe you could add the 15 yards.
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

You may be onto something by adding a subwoofer. If you fine-tune a frequency that helps compress the ball, maybe you could add the 15 yards.
    I'm thinking moveable weight spinners.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Yeah.....I've gotten every new driver from Callaway and Taylormade over the past 15 years, each promising a multi-yard distance increase. I'm now up to 462 yards average drive....... I have to use my 5 iron on any hole less than 375 yards to avoid hitting over the green.........
    You should really try having sex with your wife.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    You should really try having sex with your wife.

Both times he tried that he got a kid out of the deal.

He's batting 1.000 right now, and further attempts would only serve to jeopardize his perfect 2/2 performance at the plate, and his HOF eligibility.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I'm surprised no one noticed the tribal art work at the tai end of the head. Callaway and Taylormade have gone too far in their driver designs. However, Callaway has redeemed itself through this design:
    Golf

Either way, who gives a crap?

Here's some inspiration for the folks at Callaway as they design the next great driver:

Name:	HKDV.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	2498
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Callaway make some of the best drivers out there. This one is another top draw job, well done Cally.

I will give it a look when its out over here

Edgey
    their drivers are **** mostly made for the weekend hack and the shafts thet build are some of the worst in the business

This is very true. Back in the day, the GBB was THE driver to have, and if you had anything else you were at a distinct disadvantage. I've got a Cally (FT5) back in the bag and couldn't be happier.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I have Great Big Bertha drivers (10* & 11*) and they are top-notch quality and for my swing nothing comes close to these beasts in term of performance, except my original TEE driver which I still use...

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I have Great Big Bertha drivers (10* & 11*) and they are top-notch quality and for my swing nothing comes close to these beasts in term of performance, except my original TEE driver which I still use...
    My best ever driving days were with the GBB. It was definitely less forgiving than modern drivers, but on the couple of days when the stars aligned it was magic. One day in particular I hit every fairway but one (par 72 championship course at around 6,800), and that was because I drove it into the greenside bunker on a shortish (290 yard) par 4. I had it on a string and was hitting fades and draws on command.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    My best ever driving days were with the GBB. It was definitely less forgiving than modern drivers, but on the couple of days when the stars aligned it was magic. One day in particular I hit every fairway but one (par 72 championship course at around 6,800), and that was because I drove it into the greenside bunker on a shortish (290 yard) par 4. I had it on a string and was hitting fades and draws on command.
    You must have thought you were Larryrsf that day.

Now where the f#ck am I?

This is very true. Back in the day, the GBB was THE driver to have, and if you had anything else you were at a distinct disadvantage. I've got a Cally (FT5) back in the bag and couldn't be happier.
    Don't forget the original Cobra Ti driver. I think one of the first titanium models. I pinched one from my brother and played it for about two years. It was a revalation.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I found that it's as forgiving as any modern drivers... In fact I bag 10* GBB now, the spot where I used to bag my 10.5* TEE driver... Couple months ago, I tested them again the new Callaway FT iz driver and this modern one did not give me ANY added advantages,,, not even close... However I could not find a Callay 3-wood that could come close to the performance of TEE CB1 3-wood (after I reshafted it with Aldila NV shaft , the original HL OEM shaft sucks, very low lauch and I lost distance big time), I think the Callay 2007 3-wood is good, with the correct shaft it should be as good as the TEE CB1

Name:	CalD.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	2497

WHO is designing this sh.it?
    It's Ram-tough and its got a hemi. Buy one now and get a free truck. (Offer good until 10/31/2010 at participating dealers). 0% APR or zero down. Hurry, supply is limited.

I've got a Cally (FT5) back in the bag and couldn't be happier.
    I thought your initial run with that thing sucked. Is that the one w/ the whiteboard? Anyway, sounds like you and the club are getting along now! Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    I thought your initial run with that thing sucked. Is that the one w/ the whiteboard? Anyway, sounds like you and the club are getting along now! Nice!
    I think during the initial trial of the FT5 it was me who sucked, not the club. I got my swing back together and took the FT5 out for a last run a couple weeks ago before putting it on ebay, but lo and behold I hit it great and it's stayed in the bag. It's got a Blue Board, not a White Board. I think for where my body is at right now the Blue Board 63 stiff is a perfect fit. It's not quite as heavy or boardy as my old favourites, Pro Force 75 and Graf Blue, but still solid enough to control the ball. Even the shafts I have in my other drivers, VS Proto 70 stiff and Pershing 75 stiff, are getting a little too much for me to handle consistently these days.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Don't forget the original Cobra Ti driver. I think one of the first titanium models. I pinched one from my brother and played it for about two years. It was a revalation.
    I didn't forget the Cobra, but honestly, when the BB came out it blew everything else off the course. Cobra may have been the only other OEM with titanium drivers at the same time as Cally, but the GBB was in almost every pros bag until the Titty 975D came along, which was then replaced the Taylor Made 320. I had a 975JVS after the Cally which was an absolute cannon, but it had a non conforming face so I couldn't use it when the bans came in.

I didn't forget the Cobra, but honestly, when the BB came out it blew everything else off the course. Cobra may have been the only other OEM with titanium drivers at the same time as Cally, but the GBB was in almost every pros bag until the Titty 975D came along, which was then replaced the Taylor Made 320. I had a 975JVS after the Cally which was an absolute cannon, but it had a non conforming face so I couldn't use it when the bans came in.
    My first titanium driver was the Mizuno T3 Titanium 8.5 with Accelerark (sp?) shaft. It's a very small looking head by today's standards. Prior to that I was hitting one of the ugliest drivers ever made, the Ping Zing 2 metal driver, green dot. That was their first metal driver. With the Mizuno, I immediately gained 15 yards. I always hit the GBB too high but that's probably because those light grey stock shafts had really soft tips. I still think the GBB and BBB are the best looking drivers. The problem I have with today's modern drivers is lack of roll.

I’m assuming we all know when Callaway went un-conforming it was completely for marketing. Ely admitted that the tolerances were just a miniscule amount off of the USGA standard with no real effect on distance. They could claim the club was “illegal” and ask $600 for it (ERC Driver). This also created a contrived underground market. Brilliant…
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

I’m assuming we all know when Callaway went un-conforming it was completely for marketing. Ely admitted that the tolerances were just a miniscule amount off of the USGA standard with no real effect on distance. They could claim the club was “illegal” and ask $600 for it (ERC Driver). This also created a contrived underground market. Brilliant…
    I hate to disagree with you again but I think that was the worst mistake they ever made. It tarnished their image, hurt Arnold's image and cost Peter Kessler his job. Heck, 6 months later he was selling The Perfect Club. Talk about a tumble.

I hate to disagree with you again but I think that was the worst mistake they ever made. It tarnished their image, hurt Arnold's image and cost Peter Kessler his job. Heck, 6 months later he was selling The Perfect Club. Talk about a tumble.
    Fair enough... to me Cally's image dropped more when they came to the big box stores.
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Thread Information