|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

View Poll Results: GFF MP-62, old blades or TM R7 TP?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go back to the R7 – if NAH is deemed a real man with the shovels he plays you can’t go wrong

9 52.94%
  • Stick to the GFF blades you puss.y!

7 41.18%
  • Get the MP-62 – they won’t help shoot lower scores but they’ll look nice in your bag

1 5.88%

New GFF MP-62 or back to TM R7?

As I mentioned in another thread this week I played with a guy with a bag full of the latest Taylormade gear including the R9 Driver and complete with the changeable face wedges.

He also had the latest R9 TP irons, very similar to my old R7 TP's. I asked how he liked them and he was gushing about how great they were and how soft they felt etc blah blah blah. Of course as a GR vet I knew better than this obvious hack about quality forged irons compared to his POS, mass produced, cast, SGI chopper paddles made in a Chinese sweat shop.

So we tee off and to cut a long story short this guy was a very good golfer. He was 4 under after 7 holes and 5 under after 12 holes when fading light stopped play. I was about 4 over the card.

As most of you know I was bagging R7 TP's until about a year ago I bought a mixed set of GFF MP-30/33's which I have been bagging ever since. Lately I have been considering getting a new shiny new set of MP-62's but after this humbling experience I am feeling truly conflicted and considering saving myself the cash and simply putting the R7's back in the bag.

As you can imagine this is causing me great inner turmoil and a GR poll is the only way to resolve this burning issue.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I voted you keep the mixed set in the bag. He was a few under par because he was hitting greens and making putts. You were 4 over because you were either missing the green or you couldn't putt. If you were 4 over thru 12, you're either scrambling pretty well or your putter is letting you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    As I mentioned in another thread this week I played with a guy with a bag full of the latest Taylormade gear including the R9 Driver and complete with the changeable face wedges.

He also had the latest R9 TP irons, very similar to my old R7 TP's. I asked how he liked them and he was gushing about how great they were and how soft they felt etc blah blah blah. Of course as a GR vet I knew better than this obvious hack about quality forged irons compared to his POS, mass produced, cast, SGI chopper paddles made in a Chinese sweat shop.

So we tee off and to cut a long story short this guy was a very good golfer. He was 4 under after 7 holes and 5 under after 12 holes when fading light stopped play. I was about 4 over the card.

As most of you know I was bagging R7 TP's until about a year ago I bought a mixed set of GFF MP-30/33's which I have been bagging ever since. Lately I have been considering getting a new shiny new set of MP-62's but after this humbling experience I am feeling truly conflicted and considering saving myself the cash and simply putting the R7's back in the bag.

As you can imagine this is causing me great inner turmoil and a GR poll is the only way to resolve this burning issue.
    Stick with the GFF and with the money you save buy a whippy tempo master, a pivot for power, and one of those gold plated money clips from Lary.

Seriously, where did you lose your shots? Did you loose them with the irons? For me it's usually the driver and putter that let me down. Sometimes time a wedge/chip here or there but not like a new set of irons is going to fix that.

You need to play a few rounds with the r7tps and report your findings. Then and only then will my superior judgement and unbiased perception be optimal.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Today at Golfmart I saw a set of Taylormade R9 TP-B irons. They retail for $1,199. They have more of a satin finsih, less offset and a smaller profile than the regular R9 TP. They also look forged. Actually, all they had was the 6 iron along with the sign for the price and it said to ask a sales clerk for more information. Has anyone else seen or heard of these?

I guess these are for the player who needs something even more special than the TP model.. Not just your average tour player who would be satisfied with the regular R9 TP. So, I guess that means that even if Kiwi went out and bought the R9 TP irons we'd still call him a wuss for not getting the super pro model.

It's very simple. Good ballstrikers will prefer the GFF blades, choppers will do better with R7-s.
    GR lives...

I also checked out the Cobra S2 irons with Nippon shafts. Pretty nice looking club but I wish they had a little less offset. The Taylormade Burner iron is actually pretty nice looking. Not that much offset and a good looking profile. I don't like the fact that the long irons are longer than standard.

I also saw the new Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons. They pretty much look the same as the 2009 model except that they are darker and have 2.0 written on them. The grips are different, which is reason enough to buy a new set. Gotta have the new grips.

Where is the Power Built 6.0 choice?

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    How can you go wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powerbilt.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	2491  

I don't know what to tell you, Kiwi. I am a bit of a funk right now about my golf game. Two weeks ago I was consistently shooting in the low 80s. This week, I have been shooting in the high 80s. I have used a different set of clubs every day this week (and last Thursday and Friday) trying to decide which set I am going to use in my match with Dave Thursday. I haven't been satisfied with any of them. BUT, the fact is, it has not been my irons as much as it has been my chipping and putting game. I had been chipping well all Summer long, but for some unknown reason, the last week I can't chip the ball to save my life. On top of this, I can putt the ball all along the edges of the hole, but I can't seem to putt it into the heart.

Hell, I don't know what I am going to do. I'm playing the MP-67s in tomorrow's round and hoping to be confident with them. Today I even got so desperate that I got the PING Eye 2s out and played them. I didn't hit them too bad, but I just can't seem to get over how terrible they feel whenever I hit a ball with them (not to mention how they look).

Whenever it is all said and done, by Thursday, I may go with a mixed bag myself. Hell, I don't know. I hate it whenever my game seems to leave me. I have ruled the MP-33s out for good as they just absolutely did not work well with me. I had mediocre results with the MP-52s hitting some good shots, but also hitting some bad ones and never getting to a point where I could feel confident with them. I felt confident with the PINGs today as I hit them about as well as I have hit any set over the last week. I will see what tomorrow brings with the MP-67s.

What I really need to do is spend some range time working on my swing and getting it back in sync. I am driving the ball very well using the thriver, but my approach shots with the irons have been very iffy. I go out and play 4 or 5 times a week, but I don't spend much time practicing my game anymore. This could be my problem.

I guess the bottom line for me is that I do not know which set of irons I will show up with to play Dave Thursday, but whatever I use, at this point he is the heavy favorite.

So, I guess what I am telling you is that you should go with the MP-62s because Taylormade products are for pus sies.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Kiwi... you are torn just like me right now... Should I get rid of Cally 2002 BB and get Adams Idea Pro Gold forged? I am willing to make that switch for an equal trade without money out of my pocket. At least I still have my X-16 which I am very comfortable with

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Kiwi... you are torn just like me right now... Should I get rid of Cally 2002 BB and get Adams Idea Pro Gold forged? I am willing to make that switch for an equal trade without money out of my pocket. At least I still have my X-16 which I am very comfortable with
    Get the Taylormade Burners instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I don't know what to tell you, Kiwi. I am a bit of a funk right now about my golf game. Two weeks ago I was consistently shooting in the low 80s. This week, I have been shooting in the high 80s. I have used a different set of clubs every day this week (and last Thursday and Friday) trying to decide which set I am going to use in my match with Dave Thursday. I haven't been satisfied with any of them. BUT, the fact is, it has not been my irons as much as it has been my chipping and putting game. I had been chipping well all Summer long, but for some unknown reason, the last week I can't chip the ball to save my life. On top of this, I can putt the ball all along the edges of the hole, but I can't seem to putt it into the heart.

Hell, I don't know what I am going to do. I'm playing the MP-67s in tomorrow's round and hoping to be confident with them. Today I even got so desperate that I got the PING Eye 2s out and played them. I didn't hit them too bad, but I just can't seem to get over how terrible they feel whenever I hit a ball with them (not to mention how they look).

Whenever it is all said and done, by Thursday, I may go with a mixed bag myself. Hell, I don't know. I hate it whenever my game seems to leave me. I have ruled the MP-33s out for good as they just absolutely did not work well with me. I had mediocre results with the MP-52s hitting some good shots, but also hitting some bad ones and never getting to a point where I could feel confident with them. I felt confident with the PINGs today as I hit them about as well as I have hit any set over the last week. I will see what tomorrow brings with the MP-67s.

What I really need to do is spend some range time working on my swing and getting it back in sync. I am driving the ball very well using the thriver, but my approach shots with the irons have been very iffy. I go out and play 4 or 5 times a week, but I don't spend much time practicing my game anymore. This could be my problem.

I guess the bottom line for me is that I do not know which set of irons I will show up with to play Dave Thursday, but whatever I use, at this point he is the heavy favorite.

So, I guess what I am telling you is that you should go with the MP-62s because Taylormade products are for pus sies.

Sooner, you need to narrow it down to one set of irons. Good club ho'ing is all about gettting rid of the last set of irons. We are all depending on you to beat Dave in this competition. Just yesterday you were telling us that you've been shooting in the high 70's and now all of a sudden you're struggling with everything. There are no excuses this time around. You either win or you must sell the Mizuno's and buy some Callaway Wide Soles.

Again, we are counting on you to win. No pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    They are such great clubs you will very rarely see a set for sale, unlike the hundreds of POS Eye 2s on ebay on any given day. Hell, even FD sold his Eye 2s, they must really suck.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    They are such great clubs you will very rarely see a set for sale, unlike the hundreds of POS Eye 2s on ebay on any given day. Hell, even FD sold his Eye 2s, they must really suck.
    There's a ton of Eye 2s on Ebay because of their popularity with the more educated golf crowd. People sell them thinking that they will find better technology out there. Once they realize that modern clubs are in fact worse than the Eye 2, they sell their new clubs and come full circle. Hence the number of Eye 2s on Ebay. I can't explain it to you in more simple terms. Powerbilts, on the other hand, have no resale value and are often donated to third world countries as gardening tools.

Kiwi, i haven't gone with the mp 52's or mx300's yet for two reasons. 1/ soon as i said i wanted a new set my ball striking disappeared for a couple of rounds which put doubt in my mind. 2/ picked up an r9 iron in the pro shop and thought now these look nice, not too much offset and nice size, then seen an r9 tp which looked even better.
    Its almost like trying a beer instead of your usual one, then all of a sudden you have 2 favourite ones!!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Go with the 62's Kiwi. You can't go wrong with GFF with a little forgivness thrown in. I am hitting my irons very well and also scoring well since i put the mx 300's in the bag.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Hell, I don't know what I am going to do. Today I even got so desperate that I got the PING Eye 2s out and played them. I didn't hit them too bad, but I just can't seem to get over how terrible they feel whenever I hit a ball with them (not to mention how they look).
    Sooner

Is playing the Ping Eye 2's a bit like getting drunk & desperate at a night club and going home with an ugly chick?

You can barely get it up and after you do you regret it immediately. As you sober up and she moves in for a cuddle you want to leap out of bed and make a run for it?

You certainly make it sound like it.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Sooner

Is playing the Ping Eye 2's a bit like getting drunk & desperate at a night club and going home with an ugly chick?

You can barely get it up and after you do you regret it immediately. As you sober up and she moves in for a cuddle you want to leap out of bed and make a run for it?

Play the one that beat you up... almost like saying " I am hanging around with a beautiful BBW but never had great sex...." I would play with a K-mart set if I score well

Sooner, This is a good thing.

Stick with the 67's, they are fine. Don't spend anytime on the range. That will only get you thinking about the golf swing, and thats the last thing you want to do with a big match coming up. If you want to spend a couple of hours chipping and putting, thats fine, but no full swing.

Focus on the strategy instead of the swing. Play the holes backward in your head. Where do you want to putt from (below the hole, etc.), where do you want to chip from if you miss the green (don't short side), where would you like to hit your approach from to avoid bad misses around the green, what do you want to hit off the tee to give you an ideal approach and avoid trouble.

Focus primarily on strategy and a preshot routine with an emphasis on aiming point and target line.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I have the MP 62s and think they are great. Not hesitating to recommend them to you. They may give you that nice middle ground. You can find them for pretty good prices used and in great condition on golfwrx.
    Driver: Cobra S9-1 Pro D 9.5* Proforce V2 Prototype TX flex
    3w: Titleist 980f Strong 15* Proforce V2 85x
    Hybrid: Titleist 585h 17* Proforce V2 105x
    Irons: Mizuno MP 62 3i-PW s300
    Wedges: 52* Vokey C-C 52* S200
    56* Cleveland Tour Action 900 Rifle spinner 6.0
    Putter: Cleveland Classic Satin 4.5

Sooner

Sounds like you a lot of experience in this area

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Sooner, This is a good thing.

Stick with the 67's, they are fine. Don't spend anytime on the range. That will only get you thinking about the golf swing, and thats the last thing you want to do with a big match coming up. If you want to spend a couple of hours chipping and putting, thats fine, but no full swing.

Focus on the strategy instead of the swing. Play the holes backward in your head. Where do you want to putt from (below the hole, etc.), where do you want to chip from if you miss the green (don't short side), where would you like to hit your approach from to avoid bad misses around the green, what do you want to hit off the tee to give you an ideal approach and avoid trouble.

Focus primarily on strategy and a preshot routine with an emphasis on aiming point and target line.
    He shouldn't focus on anything except for the shot right in front of him. That's the easiest way to stay calm.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    He shouldn't focus on anything except for the shot right in front of him. That's the easiest way to stay calm.
    This is good advice for you and anyone else who doesn't think about the golf swing...Usually guys that took up the game as a youth. Sooner, is like me and several others who didn't get into golf until we were older. Its easy to get caught up in playing golf swing rather than golf. Guys like us tend to over think the swing instead of just letting things happen naturally. Paying attention to strategy and focusing on aiming points, helps keep the mind from getting cluttered with swing thoughts.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

This is good advice for you and anyone else who doesn't think about the golf swing...Usually guys that took up the game as a youth. Sooner, is like me and several others who didn't get into golf until we were older. Its easy to get caught up in playing golf swing rather than golf. Guys like us tend to over think the swing instead of just letting things happen naturally. Paying attention to strategy and focusing on aiming points, helps keep the mind from getting cluttered with swing thoughts.
    I think about my swing all the time. I'm trying to give advice so that Sooner doesn't start thinking about the entire round before he even tees off. It really does help to keep the strategy down to thinking only about the shot that's right in front of you. It makes it a lot easier.

I think about my swing all the time. I'm trying to give advice so that Sooner doesn't start thinking about the entire round before he even tees off. It really does help to keep the strategy down to thinking only about the shot that's right in front of you. It makes it a lot easier.
    When you play pool do you only think about the shot in front of you? You should also be thinking about your leave and how you want to set up the next few shots.

When you play pool do you only think about the shot in front of you? You should also be thinking about your leave and how you want to set up the next few shots.
    Yeah...What do really think the 90s shooter with forged blades is thinking before a shot? "Hmmm. I want this one short of the hole for an uphill putt." No, it's probably more like, "Please don't shank it! Please merciful God in heaven, please don't let me shank it!"
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Thinking about where you want to leave the ball all fits within thinking about the shot at hand. If I'm laying up on a Par 5 of course I'm thinking about where I want to lay up to and where I want to hit the next shot from. Once that's done, you think about the shot at hand.

Pool is different than golf, in case you haven't noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Yeah...What do really think the 90s shooter with forged blades is thinking before a shot? "Hmmm. I want this one short of the hole for an uphill putt." No, it's probably more like, "Please don't shank it! Please merciful God in heaven, please don't let me shank it!"
    Exactly. Haven't you seen Tin Cup. Shanks are caused by over thinking.

Hackers and Pros both need to pay attention to strategy. How many times has that famous golf guru Horseballs claimed he could help some of the hackers he plays with drop 5 shots if he could make their decisions for them.

A pro's average shot deviation is 8%. Lets say a 90's scorer rocking forged blades has an average shot deviation of 20%. That means from a 150 yards out Mr. 90 has to develop a strategy based on a 30 yard miss vs. a pro who only has to factor in about 12 yards. Mr. 90 shouldn't just be aiming for the pin or the middle of the green...He should be placing his 30 yard imaginary box in the least risky / highest reward area and finding the center of that area (which might even be a location off the green).

If I'm laying up on a Par 5 of course I'm thinking about where I want to lay up to and where I want to hit the next shot from.
    I knew you would see it my way.

Sooner, clubs won't help. Practice won't help. Lessons won't help. Only tequila will help. That's because the sensation of taking Big Dave on in a match is rather like the feeling you get stepping into a busy freeway (motorway, for our non US members) when a large truck (lorry, for our non US members) is bearing down on you.

I am similar to a truck in many ways, actually. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Exactly. Haven't you seen Tin Cup. Shanks are caused by over thinking.

Hackers and Pros both need to pay attention to strategy. How many times has that famous golf guru Horseballs claimed he could help some of the hackers he plays with drop 5 shots if he could make their decisions for them.

A pro's average shot deviation is 8%. Lets say a 90's scorer rocking forged blades has an average shot deviation of 20%. That means from a 150 yards out Mr. 90 has to develop a strategy based on a 30 yard miss vs. a pro who only has to factor in about 12 yards. Mr. 90 shouldn't just be aiming for the pin or the middle of the green...He should be placing his 30 yard imaginary box in the least risky / highest reward area and finding the center of that area (which might even be a location off the green).
    Are you giving us hints that you want us to call you Mr. 90?

So what you're really saying is that you've got stop thinking, let things happen, and beeee the ball. Most long winded pieces of golf advice can be broken down to this basic tenet.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

So what you're really saying is that you've got stop thinking, let things happen, and beeee the ball. Most long winded pieces of golf advice can be broken down to this basic tenet.
    Chevy Chase is a true artist . . . . . . . . like Spank.

There's a guy on craigslist who's selling the R9 TP irons, 3-PW for $600 with 3 rounds on them. I told him I'd give him $450 and he blew me off. He just left a message this morning saying he'd take the deal. Does anyone think that's a good deal? Now that the Callaway X-Forged 2009 irons are going for $399 I'm thinking that's a better deal.

There's a guy on craigslist who's selling the R9 TP irons, 3-PW for $600 with 3 rounds on them. I told him I'd give him $450 and he blew me off. He just left a message this morning saying he'd take the deal. Does anyone think that's a good deal? Now that the Callaway X-Forged 2009 irons are going for $399 I'm thinking that's a better deal.
    I've never liked any of the Taylormade irons. Their OK but not something I'd buy. (I like the looks of the RAC's but have never seen them in LH.)

I usually don't like the Cally's but the x-forged don't look like most cally's so I'd lean that way. I'm a firm believer in long hosels and Cally's usually don't have any but the x-forged does have a good connection to the shaft. Plus I like the project X shafts and they come in 6.0's which I like. I'd go for neither but between the two it would be the cally's.

Depends how long you'd keep them in the bag. If you are only going to play them 2 or 3 rounds and then move on to another set of irons then it's not a good deal because it wouldn't be that easy to shift them for the same money. Have you tried them? The Callaway sound like a better deal to me but since you are a 'cast iron guy' you had better steer clear of those X-Forged.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I think the fact that this guy dropped 25% in less than a day tells you that it isn't a good deal. You'd have more luck selling ice to the eskimos than getting your money back on the TMs. The R7TP isn't in the same ball park as the Cally x forged. The X forged 2009 model look very sweet, unlike the tinny R7s, which were IMO the worst TP iron TM has ever released. In Oz there were plenty of TM staff players back in the days of the R7TP and I did not see one of them using them.

I think the fact that this guy dropped 25% in less than a day tells you that it isn't a good deal. You'd have more luck selling ice to the eskimos than getting your money back on the TMs. The R7TP isn't in the same ball park as the Cally x forged. The X forged 2009 model look very sweet, unlike the tinny R7s, which were IMO the worst TP iron TM has ever released. In Oz there were plenty of TM staff players back in the days of the R7TP and I did not see one of them using them.
    Y.E. Yang would disagree. These were the first irons in history to run down, overhaul and b.itchslap Tiger when he was leading on the last day of a major. The R7 TP's place in golfing immortality is secure.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Y.E. Yang would disagree. These were the first irons in history to run down, overhaul and b.itchslap Tiger when he was leading on the last day of a major. The R7 TP's place in golfing immortality is secure.
    Yeah right, if we are talking about 5 iron to pw. Anyone who uses hybrids down to 5 iron is a sod laying chopper, which by association with Yang would make the R7TP sod laying chopper paddles.

Yeah right, if we are talking about 5 iron to pw. Anyone who uses hybrids down to 5 iron is a sod laying chopper, which by association with Yang would make the R7TP sod laying chopper paddles.
    ... and yet he kicked Tiger's a$$, didn't he?
    and I can bet that Ying Yang will beat the shittttt out of you too,,,, don't be too proud to play blades if you know that you could score better... I don't give a damn if it's a Kmart brand as long as I can score better... I am out there to win , not to impress BBW

Today at Golfmart I saw a set of Taylormade R9 TP-B irons. They retail for $1,199. They have more of a satin finsih, less offset and a smaller profile than the regular R9 TP. They also look forged. Actually, all they had was the 6 iron along with the sign for the price and it said to ask a sales clerk for more information. Has anyone else seen or heard of these?

I guess these are for the player who needs something even more special than the TP model.. Not just your average tour player who would be satisfied with the regular R9 TP. So, I guess that means that even if Kiwi went out and bought the R9 TP irons we'd still call him a wuss for not getting the super pro model.
    I'm late getting into this thread.
    What do forged irons "look like?" Forging is a metallurgical process, and has NOTHING to do with the design or the finish of the club.
    You can have forged cavity backs or cast cavity backs, though musclebacks or blades are nearly invariably forged.
    Perhaps you could clarify what you meant here.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Oh yeah? A sod laying chopper who wins a Major???

I was reading about Y.E. Yang and he didn't even take up golf until he was 19.

If he'd taken it up at 5 years old like Tiger I'm sure he would have bagged a more manly setup like 3-PW.

Or at the very least 4-PW.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Are you talking r9tp or r7tp?? FD said R9TP, which at $450 is a very good deal. I know some people with tm burners and they have all said the r9 is a better club
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Are you talking r9tp or r7tp?? FD said R9TP, which at $450 is a very good deal. I know some people with tm burners and they have all said the r9 is a better club
    The R9 TP is virtually identical (to my eye at least) in design to the R7 TP except that it has a shiny plastic insert in the cavity which apparently is filled with foam to make them feel soft.

But of course NAH is unfairly comparing them to the Powerbilt TPS 6.0. Very few clubs would compare favourably with those legendary sticks.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    I thought he was talking R7, my bad. For the R9TP it probably is a reasonable deal. I've actualy seen the RPTPs in the bags of pros so they are probably decent. Don't know about them being the same as R7TP, but TM is notorious for re-inventing the wheel to sell clubs so maybe Kiwi is on the money.

I thought he was talking R7, my bad. For the R9TP it probably is a reasonable deal. I've actualy seen the RPTPs in the bags of pros so they are probably decent. Don't know about them being the same as R7TP, but TM is notorious for re-inventing the wheel to sell clubs so maybe Kiwi is on the money.
    I think they are just a continuation of the series that started with the RAC LT, LT 2, R7 TP and now the R9 TP.

Basically the same club with different cosmetics.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Are Polls still binding?
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Are Polls still binding?
    Of course. Except where they are rigged as this one clearly has been.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Went to a driving range today to groove in my swing, the guy next stall hits some beautiful draws. he's about 5.5", 145 lbs and he can hit a ton with his Muzino 67 for his age and size (he's 53), it turns out that he played for a university team, not surprising... but for his size and his age he still can drive 260-280 yds ... I was very impresses... he did let me hit Muzino 67 (blade design IMO) it felt good when I hit at center, not as forgiving as my X-16. I asked him if he plans to switch to CB for forgiveness, he said he did but he could not hit them becaused he's so used to blades... I would not change if I hit 160 with 8i like he did... His down swing is just beautiful to watch... he said that his default is a draw, he can work the ball but he could not play a cut consistently

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    I'm late getting into this thread.
    What do forged irons "look like?" Forging is a metallurgical process, and has NOTHING to do with the design or the finish of the club.
    You can have forged cavity backs or cast cavity backs, though musclebacks or blades are nearly invariably forged.
    Perhaps you could clarify what you meant here.
    Clearly you aren't schooled in golf club design and the forging process. I can immediately discern if a club is forged or not. I just have that ability. I'm not bragging, just telling you the deal.

Of course. Except where they are rigged as this one clearly has been.
    A GR poll rigged!!!

I hope you have some evidence to support your outrageous claim.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

A GR poll rigged!!!

I hope you have some evidence to support your outrageous claim.

Edgey
    Here are my findings dear Watson:

A couple of days ago I log on and see that the votes are:

R7 2
    GFF Blades 7
    MP 62 1

5 minutes later an email from Edgey asking if polls are still binding? I check the results and they have suddenly swung as follows:

R7 9
    GFF Blades 7
    MP 62 1

In other words an unprecedented swing to the left in a mere 5 minutes.

I suspect Edgey, Camp Freddy, Butch Hormone and Astle is God along with 3 other unknown accomplices entered into collusion in order to rig the results of this poll to their own selfish ends.

The evidence may be purely circumstantial your honor but I believe it represents insurmountable proof of an attempt to rig the results of this very important poll.

In order to preserve democracy all R7 votes have been officially revoked and after adding my own vote the final count stands at:

R7 0
    GFF Blades 8
    MP 62 1

In other words a resounding 9-0 result in favour of GFF.

Justice has been served and I rest my case, your honor.

Detective Kiwi

Now where the f#ck am I?

R7 2
    GFF Blades 7
    MP 62 1

5 minutes later an email from Edgey asking if polls are still binding? I check the results and they have suddenly swung as follows:

R7 9
    GFF Blades 7
    MP 62 1

I suspect Edgey, Camp Freddy, Butch Hormone and Astle is God along with 3 other unknown accomplices entered into collusion in order to rig the results of this poll to their own selfish ends.

The evidence may be purely circumstantial your honor but I believe it represents insurmountable proof of an attempt to rig the results of this very important poll.

In order to preserve democracy all R7 votes have been officially revoked and after adding my own vote the final count stands at:

R7 0
    GFF Blades 8
    MP 62 1

Detective Kiwi
    Typical Kiwi, not a shred of evidence to support your outrageous assertions just lies, slander, gossip and inuendo.

If you post a Poll on GR the results are binding, regardless of whether you like them (or if they have been rigged).

Man up, accept the result and put your hacksticks back in the bag or i will lose all respect and start calling you an Ocker...

Edgey

R7 2
    GFF Blades 7
    MP 62 1

R7 9
    GFF Blades 7
    MP 62 1

R7 0
    GFF Blades 8
    MP 62 1

Detective Kiwi

Kiwi, the new Al Gore.

Typical Kiwi, not a shred of evidence to support your outrageous assertions just lies, slander, gossip and inuendo.

If you post a Poll on GR the results are binding, regardless of whether you like them (or if they have been rigged).

Man up, accept the result and put your hacksticks back in the bag or i will lose all respect and start calling you an Ocker...

Edgey

NO!!!

Not the dreaded "Ocker" name call!!!

NO!!!

Not the dreaded "Ocker" name call!!!

At least if he sticks with the GFF, nobody can call him a "sod-laying Ocker".

So he's got that going for him.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    At least if he sticks with the GFF, nobody can call him a "sod-laying Ocker".

So he's got that going for him.

FON
    Which is nice.

Which is nice.
    Goonga la googa

Thread Information