|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Why no love for Cobra?

Cobra has made some solid irons over the years. Lately, they have some of the best looking forged irons out there. The latest CB is nice looking and so is the S2 Forged. Now that I have sworn off using blades I may try both the S2, S2 Forged and even the S9 from a couple years back. There is no shame in using cavity back clubs that are somewhat oversized. We're entering the dawn of a new era.

I have a Baffler DWS 19* that is as good as any hybrid I've tried. Like all hybrids, it at times can be a naughty misbehaving hook machine that has to be put in time out, but when my swing is on, it's money.
    The Cobra head covers are the same color as the Cobra Kai's Karate uniforms. Coincidence? I think not, or perhaps it is. I watched the Karate kid recently. Can you tell?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

I almost bought a set of Cobra Carbon CB irons a few years back.. I liked them at the range.. but then I got wind that they were doing some new semi-cavity forged irons and I waited, and eventually forgot about them.. I'd still like to hit those Cobra musclebacks that Camilo (WOW) hits, and John Holmes... good question about these, I think they've had good irons for a long time..
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    There is no shame in using cavity back clubs that are somewhat oversized. We're entering the dawn of a new era.
    you mean the 1960s, Mr. Solheim?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Why no love for Cobra?

Cobra has made some solid irons over the years. Lately, they have some of the best looking forged irons out there. The latest CB is nice looking and so is the S2 Forged. Now that I have sworn off using blades I may try both the S2, S2 Forged and even the S9 from a couple years back. There is no shame in using cavity back clubs that are somewhat oversized. We're entering the dawn of a new era.
    43 degree pitching wedge even in their blades.

http://www.cobragolf.com/golf-clubs/...2-Forged-Irons

Thread Closed
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I like cobra. They make very solid equipment. they have lifted their game since seperation from aschnet. I have hit the S2 forged and thought they were pretty good. I decided on the mx300 however because of the superior feel and slightly lower tradjectory. Otherwise I would have gone with the S2 forged.
    The S2 driver got pretty good reviews and compare favorably with the competition.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    I like cobra. They make very solid equipment. they have lifted their game since seperation from aschnet. I have hit the S2 forged and thought they were pretty good. I decided on the mx300 however because of the superior feel and slightly lower tradjectory. Otherwise I would have gone with the S2 forged.
    The S2 driver got pretty good reviews and compare favorably with the competition.
    Although I've never hit them, I'm not a fan of the S2 forged. I've seen them and to me they looked a bit cheap and tacky. I really liked their pro forged cb and mb irons though, IMO the mb were the best looking forged irons on the market bar none a couple of years ago. Their drivers have always been underrated, very solid. I still have my 30 odd year old baffler 5 wood, which was a revolution back in the day and miles ahead of any other fairway wood.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Although I've never hit them, I'm not a fan of the S2 forged. I've seen them and to me they looked a bit cheap and tacky. I really liked their pro forged cb and mb irons though, IMO the mb were the best looking forged irons on the market bar none a couple of years ago. Their drivers have always been underrated, very solid. I still have my 30 odd year old baffler 5 wood, which was a revolution back in the day and miles ahead of any other fairway wood.
    The S2 forged actually look better in the flesh than in photos. I agree about the pro mb's. Great looking iron but more compact than you would think. Small head often equals pretty unforgiving, even when compared to other blades. I swapped a set of titty 695cb for a set of pro mb's last year. They are a nice set to have but a little demanding for everyday gamers.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    they stick with the 3 deg. separation all the way down to the seven iron.. now that's some strong irons there.. even my Adams Idea Pro Forged have a 46 deg. PW... and I thought they were strong.. wow. Camilo-- WOW.

I"d have real trouble selecting clubs from that spread of lofts. It would turn me into a gorilla. wait... I AM a gorilla, I just don't hit it long like one. but with these Cobra S2 Forged CBs I would.

The Nippon Tour shaft is interesting though... didn't know they made a non-stepped PX-like shaft.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I still have the KBCobra Oversized II humpback R-flex shaft, still like them. My friend has a set of S9 steel shaft and he hits a ton with it

http://www.cobragolf.com/golf-clubs/...2-Forged-Irons

Thread Closed
    Those aren't their blades knucklehead. That's their midsized forged club. I don't think their CB or MB irons have lofts like that at all. Please find out and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I have a Baffler DWS 19* that is as good as any hybrid I've tried. Like all hybrids, it at times can be a naughty misbehaving hook machine that has to be put in time out, but when my swing is on, it's money.
    The Cobra head covers are the same color as the Cobra Kai's Karate uniforms. Coincidence? I think not, or perhaps it is. I watched the Karate kid recently. Can you tell?
    I have the Baffler DWS 2 & 4. I believe the lofts are 18 and 23 respectively. Best hybrids I've ever tried. Last Saturday I was playing a Par 5 and had 205 yards to an uphill green. I pulled out the Cobra Baffler 4 hybrid and hit this soaring shot that ended up 15 feet from the hole. One of the most pleasing shots I've hit in years. I made the putt for my first eagle in over a year.

Those aren't their blades knucklehead. That's their midsized forged club. I don't think their CB or MB irons have lofts like that at all. Please find out and report back.
    Last time I looked their entire range had the 43* PW. However I stand corrected, now only that CB forged iron has the 43* loft. Maybe it was an error on their website? The others are all the way up to 46* now - which is still too strong!

Now where the f#ck am I?

NAH we've all seen what your TPS 6.0 shovels look like and you are treading on very thin ice with this statement!

Now where the f#ck am I?

NAH we've all seen what your TPS 6.0 shovels look like and you are treading on very thin ice with this statement!

That's just a horrible looking iron. It makes the Ping Eye 2 look like Miss America. Do you get a free set of naked lady tees if you buy those irons?

That's just a horrible looking iron. It makes the Ping Eye 2 look like Miss America. Do you get a free set of naked lady tees if you buy those irons?
    Nope. Just a free bowl of soup but I'm sure they look good in NAH's bag.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Nope. Just a free bowl of soup but I'm sure they look good in NAH's bag.
    Since the PowerBilt didn't do so well with the Air Force One driver I hear they are now coming out with a liquid nitrogen driver. It's great because it keeps your beer cold during the round. It's also known to freeze the competition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	powerbilt.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	2490  

Since the PowerBilt didn't do so well with the Air Force One driver I hear they are now coming out with a liquid nitrogen driver. It's great because it keeps your beer cold during the round. It's also known to freeze the competition.
    And it cures headaches. Nice shaft "for All Swing Speeds." Translation, for hackers and old people alike.

Last time I looked their entire range had the 43* PW. However I stand corrected, now only that CB forged iron has the 43* loft. Maybe it was an error on their website? The others are all the way up to 46* now - which is still too strong!
    Kiwi... it's correct that PW is 43*, my friend has Cobra S9 and he also mentions of stronger lofts... but he said that its trajectory is normally high for a 43* PW

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Kiwi... it's correct that PW is 43*, my friend has Cobra S9 and he also mentions of stronger lofts... but he said that its trajectory is normally high for a 43* PW
    Kiwi said the whole Cobra line up had a 43 deg PW. That's what the man said and now you be trying to back the foo. I done tole him he was wong and he done admit to it. Stop dis

Filling a hollow space with nitrogen gas can work wonders sometimes. Have problems with your tires slowly leaking air? Have them all filled with nitrogen and they'll maintain their pressure in all climatic conditions until they wear out. Fill a metal driver head with the the thinnest face possible with gas under pressure and continually pound the crap out of it until it develops a crack and you have the recipe for a devastating fragmentation grenade.

Hey FD, I just noticed something Powerbilt and Ping have in common. They both pay fat, washed up, has been wops to play their irons. But Fuz has at least won two majors, Calc is still stuck on one. So applying that logic that makes Powerbilts twice as good as Pings, if you are a wop.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Hey FD, I just noticed something Powerbilt and Ping have in common. They both pay fat, washed up, has been wops to play their irons. But Fuz has at least won two majors, Calc is still stuck on one. So applying that logic that makes Powerbilts twice as good as Pings, if you are a wop.
    John Daly won the PGA with Ping Eye 2 irons and he's your hero. He only switched to Wilson because they gave him a free Killer Whale driver and 10 cases of scotch.

John Daly won the PGA with Ping Eye 2 irons and he's your hero. He only switched to Wilson because they gave him a free Killer Whale driver and 10 cases of scotch.
    Didn't know that, but I was referring to wop staff players. I suppose if you throw spics in as well Cabrerra adds another 2 majors for Ping.

Didn't know that, but I was referring to wop staff players. I suppose if you throw spics in as well Cabrerra adds another 2 majors for Ping.
    That's right, I forgot about Cabrerra winning with the Ping S58 and then Ping S57. I do not think of people in terms of race. I welcome them all....except for the Irish. Ok, everyone.

Nice use of a Blazing Saddles line.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Nice use of a Blazing Saddles line.
    Be still Taggert!

That's right, I forgot about Cabrerra winning with the Ping S58 and then Ping S57. I do not think of people in terms of race. I welcome them all....except for the Irish. Ok, everyone.
    I'm not racist either. I hate only two things, people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and Canadians.

Thread Information