|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Hackfest at Hackerville II-- tomorrow morning!

Checked back with Winstar pro shop today, the new greens are coming along nicely (changed them out over the summer, big grass disease, I'll try and get the details on what the grass was, what the disease was and what the new grass is so I can satisfy the endless GR demand for info),

My dad is going to join us.. but the main thing is, Sooner is feeling his game get a bit soft at a VERY good time for me... whereas I am bagging thirty year old Wilson Staff Tour Blades, the FG17s, and they are heavier than the Adams and lofted differently... so I'll be uncertain on distances, flights, etc.

Match updates will be available hole by hole, courtesy of the Ipad (which in honor of Famous Davis I will now rename the Eye Pad) and video will be posted.

10:30 am USA central time is when it begins.

there's a nice hole by hole rundown with images and yardages here--

http://www.winstargolfcourse.com/holebyhole.html

look around the site for photos, etc.

No, I cannot post pictures online from the eye pad. Shooting video and doing update posts is distracting enough. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Checked back with Winstar pro shop today, the new greens are coming along nicely (changed them out over the summer, big grass disease, I'll try and get the details on what the grass was, what the disease was and what the new grass is so I can satisfy the endless GR demand for info),

My dad is going to join us.. but the main thing is, Sooner is feeling his game get a bit soft at a VERY good time for me... whereas I am bagging thirty year old Wilson Staff Tour Blades, the FG17s, and they are heavier than the Adams and lofted differently... so I'll be uncertain on distances, flights, etc.

Match updates will be available hole by hole, courtesy of the Ipad (which in honor of Famous Davis I will now rename the Eye Pad) and video will be posted.

10:30 am USA central time is when it begins.

there's a nice hole by hole rundown with images and yardages here--

http://www.winstargolfcourse.com/holebyhole.html

look around the site for photos, etc.

No, I cannot post pictures online from the eye pad. Shooting video and doing update posts is distracting enough. :-)
    What tee are you going to play? Looks like you should play the blue tees. That looks like a really nice course. They probably don't allow tank tops or Powerbilt clubs on that course.
    Last edited by famousdavis; 10-06-2010 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    What tee are you going to play? Looks like you should play the blue tees. That looks like a really nice course. They probably don't allow tank tops or Powerbilt clubs on that course.
    blue tees.

The rules for golf in the State of Oklahoma are--

No Powerbilts

no Hammer drivers (POW!)

exceptions available by request for thrivers (Sooner, call the pro shop)

the state of Oklahoma and the golf course management reserves the right to speculate about the sexual preferences of any player based on bagged clubs or those that you leave in the trunk of your car (yes, they look in your trunk while you're on the front nine. Policy.)

and my dad's irons are Nickent 3DX Pro. Low offset, thin topline, similar to R7TP but less gaudy. I got 'em for him a couple years ago on fleabay. No Powerbilts there.

He'll be playing with two extra metals, the joints in his knees. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    blue tees.

The rules for golf in the State of Oklahoma are--

No Powerbilts

no Hammer drivers (POW!)

exceptions available by request for thrivers (Sooner, call the pro shop)

the state of Oklahoma and the golf course management reserves the right to speculate about the sexual preferences of any player based on bagged clubs or those that you leave in the trunk of your car (yes, they look in your trunk while you're on the front nine. Policy.)

and my dad's irons are Nickent 3DX Pro. Low offset, thin topline, similar to R7TP but less gaudy. I got 'em for him a couple years ago on fleabay. No Powerbilts there.

He'll be playing with two extra metals, the joints in his knees. :-)
    I do have a video request...please use some different background music or none at all. It's easier to hear the players talking without the music. Also, commentary while filming should be encouraged.

Big Dave
    Looks like a really nice course... I thought that SBS always cries about how cheap courses in OK are

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I do have a video request...please use some different background music or none at all. It's easier to hear the players talking without the music. Also, commentary while filming should be encouraged.
    minimalist it is... :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I am ready to go and am excited about the match. After today's round, a set of irons have been chosen for the match. I reserve the right to leave the irons nameless until the match. Suffice it to say I shot an 82 with them today and that is the best score I have shot in a week, so I am playing them.

I am curious to see about the greens. Winstar usually has some very nice greens and they put a lot of money into their course. I had heard they lost their greens this Summer and it surprised me considering the care and attention they apply. It could have been just a little too much chicken shite I suppose.

Big Dave, I look forward to seeing you again and meeting your dad.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I am ready to go and am excited about the match. After today's round, a set of irons have been chosen for the match. I reserve the right to leave the irons nameless until the match. Suffice it to say I shot an 82 with them today and that is the best score I have shot in a week, so I am playing them.

I am curious to see about the greens. Winstar usually has some very nice greens and they put a lot of money into their course. I had heard they lost their greens this Summer and it surprised me considering the care and attention they apply. It could have been just a little too much chicken shite I suppose.

Big Dave, I look forward to seeing you again and meeting your dad.

apparently there were lost greens all over the country this year... it's about certain breeds of grass being susceptible to fungus.. they changed the grass breed for the new greens.. we'll see how they're doing.. they said they were nice..

chicken shite would be an improvement over the pork sheite they ladled on it over the spring.. :-) I am sure it will be aromatic as ever..
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Eagerly awaiting results and commentary since I have not yet hit the set of FG-17's I bought for $20 this past June and am looking for an excuse to finally try them out.

Course looks great.

Good luck guys.

Dave, with your undefeated 3 & 0 record you must be favorite so I gotta support the underdog. Especially since he is the guy who is carrying the torch for GFF (assuming he's not bagging the Eye 2's ) .

Good luck Sooner. Beating big Dave is a tough ask. I just hope you play your best this time. Win or lose.

Look forward to hearing all about it and seeing the video.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Kick their asses Mr. Perkins!!!

I am also rooting for the underdog, Sooner; you are my age, so you don't get a "Mr." ...

Deal with it...
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Sooner. In order to play your best, you need to block out distractions. Don't focus on the camera constantly pointed at you or the commentary coming from the professional broadcasting voice of Mr. Perkins. Stay in the moment and just be the ball. Don't focus on your opponent or the match, just focus on how humiliating it would be for you shoot another round approaching triple digits. Good luck. No pressure.
    Last edited by Home-slicer; 10-07-2010 at 05:02 AM.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Course looks great.

Good luck guys.

Dave, with your undefeated 3 & 0 record you must be favorite so I gotta support the underdog. Especially since he is the guy who is carrying the torch for GFF (assuming he's not bagging the Eye 2's ) .

Good luck Sooner. Beating big Dave is a tough ask. I just hope you play your best this time. Win or lose.

Look forward to hearing all about it and seeing the video.
    I am rooting for Sooner big time. Someone has to bring down the big dude. Maybe that sausage mcmuffin will start percolating around the 4th hole and there will be no outhouse in sight.

Thread Information