|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Graeme McDowell

Graeme McDowell

I hope that Graeme McDowell is enjoying his current run of success, because it will not continue in 2011. He has been given the kiss of death, which is being labeled a "gritty competitor." "Gritty competitor" translates into "Chopper hack that is playing way above his ability level and pulling victories out of his ass." Chris DiMarco, Paddy Harrington, and Zach Johnson can attest that competing grittily only lasts so long. Who wants to be called gritty anyway? Sounds gross. I do like grits, however.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I hope that Graeme McDowell is enjoying his current run of success, because it will not continue in 2011. He has been given the kiss of death, which is being labeled a "gritty competitor." "Gritty competitor" translates into "Chopper hack that is playing way above his ability level and pulling victories out of his ass." Chris DiMarco, Paddy Harrington, and Zach Johnson can attest that competing grittily only lasts so long. Who wants to be called gritty anyway? Sounds gross. I do like grits, however.
    I totally agree...He kind of reminds me of the 2009 Bengals.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    Gritty to me means extremely hard, ball busting effort to get the job done despite not having the most refined skills and touch. Nothing wrong with having that label. Luck to win events doesn't come without creating it yourself along the way. Me going out and winning a PGA event, now that would be luck and pulling something out of my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist

Ha! They are sucking this year. Last 2 games have been blacked out - folks have already stopped going I take it!

09 they were finding ways to win.
    10 they are finding ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    Ha! They are sucking this year. Last 2 games have been blacked out - folks have already stopped going I take it!

09 they were finding ways to win.
    10 they are finding ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
    It's too early for a threadjack. Do you like grits?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Is there a minimum amount of posts before threadjacking is permitted? I could use this information I guess. Although my thread about Feel wedges lasted about 1 post before it went to the gutter..oh well!

He's got the luck of the Irish ridin' on his back. I haven't seen the likes of 'em since ol' Paddy came out of the locks to grab some majors. I'll be tippin a Guiness or two for da win but I ain't holdin my breath for more. He's done it once, but he won't be doin it again!

Grits suck. When I lived in GA, grits was served with every meal and I never saw a local turn them down. I know they didn't like them...hell, almost everyone that ate them had to put on a pound of salt, a stick of butter, and a heaping of melted cheese to get them down.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Grits suck. When I lived in GA, grits was served with every meal and I never saw a local turn them down. I know they didn't like them...hell, almost everyone that ate them had to put on a pound of salt, a stick of butter, and a heaping of melted cheese to get them down.
    I would just eat a stick of butter rolled in salt, but that's considered unhealthy thanks to Obama. Grits gives me an exuse.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I hate being caught in a desert sandstorm. That's an easy way to get grit in your teeth.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Except he did win the national championship.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Except he did win the national championship.
    Yeah, but anyone can win that. Andy North, Lee Janzen and Bubba Stuffis.

As long as the PGA tour signs that check when he wins I'm sure he doesn't mind one bit. If gritty means sinking two long putts against Tiger for a win, I'm sure he also doesn't mind one bit.

Didn't Zach win again last year? I'm sure he didn't mind cashing the almost 3 million in checks.

Look at all the ugly swings that make money. Pretty doesn't always translate.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    As long as the PGA tour signs that check when he wins I'm sure he doesn't mind one bit. If gritty means sinking two long putts against Tiger for a win, I'm sure he also doesn't mind one bit.

Didn't Zach win again last year? I'm sure he didn't mind cashing the almost 3 million in checks.

Look at all the ugly swings that make money. Pretty doesn't always translate.
    Go to Mustang Ranch and you'll learn real quick that pretty doesn't translate into making money.

I know some women who met McDowell a couple of years ago in a bar in California.. He tried his hand at hitting on chicks but after little success resorted to explaining who he was. One of these women said he was a little snockered, wasn't smelling great and looked as though he avoided showering.

I'm guessing he was excited about coming back to California this time, hoping his new fame might earn him better results.
    GR lives...

Don't forget Pavin, the original and all time gritty competitor.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Excellent point.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

And a gutty little Bruin as well.

Gram Mcdowell is a perfect example of the fact that PUTTING always wins tournaments. Hitting the ball a mile down the fairways has some advantages but mostly mental boosts or scaring the crap out of your match play opponent. But Putting will always reign supreme in the game of golf no matter how you put it.
    EveryThing You Need To Know About The Game.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfEpisode
    Gram Mcdowell is a perfect example of the fact that PUTTING always wins tournaments. Hitting the ball a mile down the fairways has some advantages but mostly mental boosts or scaring the crap out of your match play opponent. But Putting will always reign supreme in the game of golf no matter how you put it.
    Putting is important but so is having "the stare". All the good players have it. In his prime, Nicklaus had those eagle eyes. Trevino looked like he was going to take your wallet and Player would stare at your belt buckle. You need good eyebrows to have a good stare.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Putting is important but so is having "the stare". All the good players have it. In his prime, Nicklaus had those eagle eyes. Trevino looked like he was going to take your wallet and Player would stare at your belt buckle. You need good eyebrows to have a good stare.
    Jack Newton is a pro who could give a real glassy stare.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Jack Newton is a pro who could give a real glassy stare.
    Brooke Shields had good eyebrows. I saw a movie last night with Julia Roberts in it called Eat, Pray, Love. I may be in the minority here but I think she looks horrible. She looks like someone who is naturally big boned who has starved herself and looks like a skeleton. She's lost weight in all the wrong places. She has no butt, wide hips, no lips and you can almost see the bones in her face. She was hot in Mystic Pizza and Pretty Woman when she had more meat on her. I'm all for women being thin but some of them look disgusting now. I don't care how thin a woman is, if she loses her butt she might as well have lost everything else. I'm an arse man.

Brooke Shields had good eyebrows. I saw a movie last night with Julia Roberts in it called Eat, Pray, Love. I may be in the minority here but I think she looks horrible. She looks like someone who is naturally big boned who has starved herself and looks like a skeleton. She's lost weight in all the wrong places. She has no butt, wide hips, no lips and you can almost see the bones in her face. She was hot in Mystic Pizza and Pretty Woman when she had more meat on her. I'm all for women being thin but some of them look disgusting now. I don't care how thin a woman is, if she loses her butt she might as well have lost everything else. I'm an arse man.
    I hear you but which do you prefer. No arse or Serena Williams arse.

I'd prefer Julia Roberts no arse to Serena Williams 4 arses.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

The stare is important, but the nickname is more important. All the greats have good nicknames. Anyone who has a promising young athlete in the family should nickname that kid "Horse-c0ck Johnson" before something as gay as "The Gutty Little Bruin" sticks.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

I think Sooner would disagree with you on that. For me, I would pass on both. Jennifer Aniston has a great one.

The stare is important, but the nickname is more important. All the greats have good nicknames. Anyone who has a promising young athlete in the family should nickname that kid "Horse-c0ck Johnson" before something as gay as "The Gutty Little Bruin" sticks.
    I think "Meat" is a great nickname. We call one of the guys in my regular foursome "bucket head".

The worst nickname I've ever heard was this really short and petite guy that I knew in college. They called him the wood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

How can you compare a skinny Anglo-Saxon chic to a Thick tennis playing Black chic. Thats like comparing Apples to Oranges. Besides nothing is better than having a chic with a booty round like the world be mon. Big boobs dont do much for me but a phat arse drives me nuts. Every guy knows the thought process when they see a nice arse in some tight jeans.
    EveryThing You Need To Know About The Game.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfEpisode
    Maybe on the pro circuit, but short-knocking amateurs with low handicaps get no respect from me. I hate those iritating little bastards who hit 3 wood into every par 4 and get up and down 8 times a round from short of the green. Hit it like a man, and if you can't, keep trying till you can. If a shortknocker is a good putter, it's because his priorities are all messed up. Figure out how to bomb the sh!t out it first, then learn putting. This doesn't apply to Laaarry-aged codgers because they don't get my respect whether they can bomb it or not.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Maybe on the pro circuit, but short-knocking amateurs with low handicaps get no respect from me. I hate those iritating little bastards who hit 3 wood into every par 4 and get up and down 8 times a round from short of the green. Hit it like a man, and if you can't, keep trying till you can. If a shortknocker is a good putter, it's because his priorities are all messed up. Figure out how to bomb the sh!t out it first, then learn putting. This doesn't apply to Laaarry-aged codgers because they don't get my respect whether they can bomb it or not.
    Wow, somebody forgot to put on their happy underwear today.
    GR lives...

I take it you're not a fan of Fred Funk. Who's the little dude who won the TPC this year? I doubt you like him either. Plus, he's got some strange elbow problem and I've never trusted guys with weird elbows.

It's always amusing how low cap short knockers get zero respect around the club, but a 20 cap long bomber will have everyone wanting to play in his foursome. The most respected player in every golf club is not the club champion, but the longest hitter. Especially if they are over 6 feet tall. Short guys who hit it long have an image problem. Woosie was one of the longest hitters on tour in his day but never got his dues.

Thread Information