|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Question Odyssey 2-Ball putter

http://www.golfreview.com/cat/putter...6_2942crx.aspx

A buddy won our 9-hole match play by one stroke, but I did 8 more putts (we also keep track of our putts on our scorecard) than he did with his Odyssey 2-Ball putter, custom ordered few months ago.

I know I should practice putting more, but I don't have the time.
    Should I buy a Odyssey 2-Ball putter to replace my old Ping B60 putter?
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman

A buddy won our 9-hole match play by one stroke, but I did 8 more putts (we also keep track of our putts on our scorecard) than he did with his Odyssey 2-Ball putter, custom ordered few months ago.

That's a good putter but a better choice would be one of the new Ping putters. They're stealth looking and on average will improve putting by 15%. I'm just giving you the facts.

I don't know about the 2 ball putter, but I do know that I like to give the ladies a dose of Dr. Homey's 2 ball compound. Ta-Dow!!
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

practice would be the cheaper route

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I don't know about the 2 ball putter, but I do know that I like to give the ladies a dose of Dr. Homey's 2 ball compound. Ta-Dow!!
    I'm waiting for the resurgence of the tea bag.

He simply putts better than you... period....next chance you play with him, ask him to use your putter and you use his, I would bet that he still can score lower #s of putt than you. Buy the Ram Zebra mallet putter (or the one that you like most) and practice with it for the rest of your life

what style of stroke do you use? Straight back straight through or On plane/gate style? How many puts did you have? What was a typical miss? Short, left, right etc.

Anytime you can buy a game instead of practicing to find one, it is HIGHLY recommended on this site . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    what style of stroke do you use? Straight back straight through or On plane/gate style? How many puts did you have? What was a typical miss? Short, left, right etc.
    Are you actually going to try and fix the guys putting problems over the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Are you actually going to try and fix the guys putting problems over the internet?
    No, but I wouldn't recommend a two ball face balanced putter if he has a gate style stroke. I'm more curious if he has tendencies and if he has analysed why he is putting poorly. Switching putters just because somebody else can putt with it is lame. But who knows even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

No, but I wouldn't recommend a two ball face balanced putter if he has a gate style stroke. I'm more curious if he has tendencies and if he has analysed why he is putting poorly. Switching putters just because somebody else can putt with it is lame. But who knows even a blind squirrel finds a nut.
    Personally, I can't stand those big mallet putters. A small mallet is OK but the Ping Craz-e or that new Titleist thing are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Anytime you can buy a game instead of practicing to find one, it is HIGHLY recommended on this site . . . . . .
    I would certainly prefer to carry a Niblick in preference to practicing my chipping. It must look great next to those players Mizuno irons

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Red face

I had 26 putts in 9-holes, he had about 18.
    I had more GIRs.
    I miss all over the effin' place: short, far, high, low, even putted fat once...grrrr..
    That's the 3rd game he won, all very close, by 1 or zero stroke (if i remember correctly) as our tie breaker's total of putts and the only "pattern" I can see are my wild putts.

I remember him being just as crappy a putter as I was (and still am) six months ago. He my golf nemesis --i gotta get back to kicking his dumb-golf-arse, grrrr, so I can get my drinks paid for.
    Last edited by ironman; 10-22-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Red face

Personally, I can't stand those big mallet putters. A small mallet is OK but the Ping Craz-e or that new Titleist thing are horrible.
    me neither, but gettin' it in the hole feels better than looking at it

I had more GIRs.
    I miss all over the effin' place: short, far, high, low, even putted fat once...grrrr..
    That's the 3rd game he won, all very close, by 1 or zero stroke (if i remember correctly) as our tie breaker's total of putts and the only "pattern" I can see are my wild putts.

I remember him being just as crappy a putter as I was (and still am) six months ago. He my golf nemesis --i gotta get back to kicking his dumb-golf-arse, grrrr, so I can get my drinks paid for.
    Just FYI...26 putts in 9 holes is beyond terrible.

Red face

Just FYI...26 putts in 9 holes is beyond terrible.

serial 3 putts hurt. see why I'm considering a new stick?
    'cause I aint got time to practice

I had more GIRs.

That's 3 jacking all but one hole? But then you probably had a few two putts so you're 4 jacking some putts. When you stand over the putt do you think you have a chance in it going in or are your knees shaking knowing your going to miss? Lack of confidence on the green can be a stroke killer. Did you try his putter? You might have to get a new putter just to have a mental change and bury all of those bad experiences with the old putter and try to get your mojo back.
    Seriously 26 putts suck. If I had a 9 hole on pace to 26 putts that putter would either be in the water or broken in two. I'd finish the round putting with my 3 iron.

That's 3 jacking all but one hole? But then you probably had a few two putts so you're 4 jacking some putts. When you stand over the putt do you think you have a chance in it going in or are your knees shaking knowing your going to miss? Lack of confidence on the green can be a stroke killer. Did you try his putter? You might have to get a new putter just to have a mental change and bury all of those bad experiences with the old putter and try to get your mojo back.
    Seriously 26 putts suck. If I had a 9 hole on pace to 26 putts that putter would either be in the water or broken in two. I'd finish the round putting with my 3 iron.

Dude, you crack me up.

I remember switching to a better shotgun (from Mossberg to Beretta) nearly doubled my Skeet scores.

EBAY, here I go....
    Last edited by ironman; 10-22-2010 at 11:50 AM.

Dude, you crack me up.

I remember switching to a better shotgun (from Mossberg to Beretta) nearly doubled my Skeet scores.

EBAY, here I go....
    You might want to try the Ping Nelli. Very rare and you'll be the envy of your group.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Yeah really. Practicing vs. attempting to buy a better game?? That's just plain crazy talk. Get an Odyssey Rossie. The most low profile of the face balanced mallet putters. It's the player's cavity back of putters. Endorsed by yours truly.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

I had more GIRs.

Maybe you should buy the Odyssey 4-Ball putter... you will beat him the next time. The more balls the heavier and more balance. Trust us on this, it's all about science, son....

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Maybe you should buy the Odyssey 4-Ball putter... you will beat him the next time. The more balls the heavier and more balance. Trust us on this, it's all about science, son....
    With 26 putts in 9 holes I think he should buy the Dave Pelz putting bible. Either that or take up bowling. If I had 26 putts in 9 holes my putter would be flying toward a lake.

Thread Information