|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: How...

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)

How...

...do you go from bragging about being a 6 one month:

"Not quite. I am a 6 who usually breaks 80 on championship courses from the blue tees. I work on my swing because I want to hit ALL the fairways and greens. Slow motion rehearsals are not supposed to be pretty.. Lets see yours!" -04-15-2009

Never mentioning your claim that your handicap wasn't really deserved.

To announcing just a month later that you need to cheat to raise it:

"And then I posted 100 because I am on a project raise my handicap index. I will continue doing that until my index is consistent with my scoring ability. Sue me if you have problems with that." -05-18-2009

I just can't figure out what kind of jackass would do something like that.

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Hi Alan,

I was surprised to see you starting a thread and not just responding to our resident laughing stock. Then I read it and I guess I'm not surprised any more.

I think you know exactly what sort of jackass would do something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Webb
    Hi Alan,

I was surprised to see you starting a thread and not just responding to our resident laughing stock. Then I read it and I guess I'm not surprised any more.

I think you know exactly what sort of jackass would do something like that
    One does like to have one's fun...

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Can't say I'm a big fan of this thread... Sorry alan, this seems a bit below you...
    Golf

Quote Originally Posted by qtong
    Can't say I'm a big fan of this thread... Sorry alan, this seems a bit below you...
    I'm sorry if I've failed to live up to your high expectations...
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

My expectations are quite low, thats why I still support your cause... But this is like plaxico buress shooting himself in the leg at a night club with an unregistered hand gun...
    Golf

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    ...do you go from bragging about being a 6 one month:

"Not quite. I am a 6 who usually breaks 80 on championship courses from the blue tees. I work on my swing because I want to hit ALL the fairways and greens. Slow motion rehearsals are not supposed to be pretty.. Lets see yours!" -04-15-2009

Never mentioning your claim that your handicap wasn't really deserved.

To announcing just a month later that you need to cheat to raise it:

"And then I posted 100 because I am on a project raise my handicap index. I will continue doing that until my index is consistent with my scoring ability. Sue me if you have problems with that." -05-18-2009

I just can't figure out what kind of jackass would do something like that.

My children often have this same problem....They can't keep track of their lies or the current fantasy they are believing. My children I discipline and try to teach them that this sort of behavior is not becoming and will not help them to win friends or influence people. I can only presume that the person you speak of is lost in his own delusional fantasy world or is unable to tell the truth for fear of not living up to the standards that he presumes will make him acceptable to the masses.

Larry is a liar, a fraud and a cheat.

Nothing to see here, move on
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Larry is a liar, a fraud and a cheat.

Nothing to see here, move on
    He may be all of the above but he is an expert at generating responses to his posts. I believe that is his only goal and he will say or do whatever is necessary to achieve it. Don't you think he knows that we know that he's lied and contradicted himself? That's part of the whole game... to illicit a response over and over again and to agitate people. Sure, there are others out there but they are usually labeled as a troll and quickly banned or ignored. Larry has this amazing ability to stick to character and antagonize people with great finesse. It's pretty impressive....in an odd sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    He may be all of the above but he is an expert at generating responses to his posts. I believe that is his only goal and he will say or do whatever is necessary to achieve it. Don't you think he knows that we know that he's lied and contradicted himself? That's part of the whole game... to illicit a response over and over again and to agitate people. Sure, there are others out there but they are usually labeled as a troll and quickly banned or ignored. Larry has this amazing ability to stick to character and antagonize people with great finesse. It's pretty impressive....in an odd sort of way.
    Agreed. In all fairness Liarry has been banned from just about every forum out there (as has Alan). He seems to have found in GR a sanctuary where he can spout his nonsense without the fear of ever being banned.

We are a bastion of free speech, and long may it continue.

Edgey

PS The K15's are awesome. Kiwi has taken Omens mantle as a GFF Nazi and as such must be assumed to be totally tonto
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Agreed. In all fairness Liarry has been banned from just about every forum out there (as has Alan). He seems to have found in GR a sanctuary where he can spout his nonsense without the fear of ever being banned.

We are a bastion of free speech, and long may it continue.

Edgey

PS The K15's are awesome. Kiwi has taken Omens mantle as a GFF Nazi and as such must be assumed to be totally tonto
    Another reason that Kiwi should play the K15's is his name. The Kiwi 15's.

Another reason that Kiwi should play the K15's is his name. The Kiwi 15's.
    Looking cool is more important than playing cool.

Edgey

Looking cool is more important than playing cool.

Edgey
    Bollocks!

The ONLY people in the world I know that actually CARE what sort of clubs you play are the regulars of GR. NOBODY I have ever played golf with has ever given a shite about what clubs you are playing. Unless maybe it's the latest Taylormade/Callaway/PING driver that they are thinking about getting themselves and want to know how you like it.

But we do have a good laugh arguing this bollocks!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Bollocks!

The ONLY people in the world I know that actually CARE what sort of clubs you play are the regulars of GR. NOBODY I have ever played golf with has ever given a shite about what clubs you are playing. Unless maybe it's the latest Taylormade/Callaway/PING driver that they are thinking about getting themselves and want to know how you like it.

But we do have a good laugh arguing this bollocks!
    Bollocks!

All of my Golf buddys are in awe of my K15 irons (they dont have Straight Flight Tec (SFT) by the way) and my K15 Driver (with the SFT, get it right).

I have found women thrusting their numbers on me demanding sexual gratification since moving to Ping K15 whilst men look on in desperate jealousy.

My last 2 rounds (75 and 77 gross) are testament to my purchase.

Accept it Kiwi SFT is the future so dont be a loser.

FD is a prophet and possibly the Messiah

Edgey

Bollocks!

All of my Golf buddys are in awe of my K15 irons (they dont have Straight Flight Tec (SFT) by the way) and my K15 Driver (with the SFT, get it right).

I have found women thrusting their numbers on me demanding sexual gratification since moving to Ping K15 whilst men look on in desperate jealousy.

My last 2 rounds (75 and 77 gross) are testament to my purchase.

Accept it Kiwi SFT is the future so dont be a loser.

FD is a prophet and possibly the Messiah

Edgey
    LOL - Great stuff Edgey

In the other thread you mentioned that you had gone from a 12 cap to an 8 i.e. dropping 4 strokes off your cap which is the GR litmus test for all new equipment purchases. However you shared the credit between the K15's and the Heavy Putter. Does that mean only 2 strokes each meaning both fail the GR litmus test? Or are new equipment purchases to be judged collectively meaning both have passed the test with flying colors?

Now where the f#ck am I?

LOL - Great stuff Edgey

In the other thread you mentioned that you had gone from a 12 cap to an 8 i.e. dropping 4 strokes off your cap which is the GR litmus test for all new equipment purchases. However you shared the credit between the K15's and the Heavy Putter. Does that mean only 2 strokes each meaning both fail the GR litmus test? Or are new equipment purchases to be judged collectively meaning both have passed the test with flying colors?
    In truth the K15 irons have been a real revelation to me, particularly the hybrids. The driver is very good but not as game changing as the irons have been.

I have only recently gone to the heavy putter and whilst it has produced stunning results it hasnt been in the bag during my two comp wins this year (the Pings have been).

In all fairness since getting the K15 irons if i could have putted better i suspect i would be off 6 now. As such the irons pass the GR litmus test

Alternatively i could easily have finished this year off 14 if i had stuck with the MP 68's

Edgey

In truth the K15 irons have been a real revelation to me, particularly the hybrids. The driver is very good but not as game changing as the irons have been.

I have only recently gone to the heavy putter and whilst it has produced stunning results it hasnt been in the bag during my two comp wins this year (the Pings have been).

In all fairness since getting the K15 irons if i could have putted better i suspect i would be off 6 now. As such the irons pass the GR litmus test

Alternatively i could easily have finished this year off 14 if i had stuck with the MP 68's

Edgey
    LOL - so the PINGS are really THAT good huh?

And I always thought you were more of a Callaway guy.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Speaking of Callaway, I took a look at the Diablo Edge driver and it's pretty nice looking. It doesn't have that closed face like a lot of other drivers. Man, those K15 irons must be something.

After looking at the K15's on the ping site was wondering if I got a whole set I could put them together and pull them with a four wheel drive tractor to do a little fall plowing here in Minnesota. By chance do you have the 6 hybrid with your set?
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    After looking at the K15's on the ping site was wondering if I got a whole set I could put them together and pull them with a four wheel drive tractor to do a little fall plowing here in Minnesota. By chance do you have the 6 hybrid with your set?
    And your average score/handicap is?

I do like Callaway BUT i like shooting in the 70's and at the moment Ping do that better.

When Callaway/Ping/TM etc bring anything out that would produce better scores i will like them. Golf is about how many not how

Edgey

I do like Callaway BUT i like shooting in the 70's and at the moment Ping do that better.

When Callaway/Ping/TM etc bring anything out that would produce better scores i will like them. Golf is about how many not how

Edgey
    You really think the PINGS make that much difference? Despite the bollocks we spout on GR I have come to the conclusion lately that clubs really don't make much difference. It's all about the guy swinging the club. I have played with 90's shooting hacks with bags full of the latest Taylormade/Callaway clubs and low 70's shooting playahs with some of the oldest, crumbiest looking sets of no name sticks you can imagine. Decrepit looking clubs that look like they should be thrown in the trash. But these guys can still threaten par with them.

However guys like you and Famousdavis have ho'ed through so many sets of clubs that I can't even begin to compare my experience. Accordingly I will respect your opinions and bow down before your royal Ho'ness.

Now where the f#ck am I?

What my handicap is, is totally irrelevant to my statement. As is stated, after looking at the ping site, they state that the K15's have an extra wide iron sole hence my reference to a plow and the set comes with 4 hybrid options, 3 thru 6. After playing pasture pool somewhat seriously for the last 6 years have a 15 cap. Last year had a set of MX-19s and couldn't stand the damn things. Traded them for a set of 57's and then dropped my cap by about 7 strokes which I can't say it was from the clubs or I finally started to groove my swing.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Edgey
    Those irons have a titanium face...huh. Do they make a funny sound at impact? Seems like the spring like effect might make distance control tough.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

You really think the PINGS make that much difference? Despite the bollocks we spout on GR I have come to the conclusion lately that clubs really don't make much difference. It's all about the guy swinging the club. I have played with 90's shooting hacks with bags full of the latest Taylormade/Callaway clubs and low 70's shooting playahs with some of the oldest, crumbiest looking sets of no name sticks you can imagine. Decrepit looking clubs that look like they should be thrown in the trash. But these guys can still threaten par with them.

However guys like you and Famousdavis have ho'ed through so many sets of clubs that I can't even begin to compare my experience. Accordingly I will respect your opinions and bow down before your royal Ho'ness.
    I think clubs make a difference when they are pleasing to the beholder's eye, properly fit for lie and shaft and have the name Ping on them.

What my handicap is, is totally irrelevant to my statement. As is stated, after looking at the ping site, they state that the K15's have an extra wide iron sole hence my reference to a plow and the set comes with 4 hybrid options, 3 thru 6. After playing pasture pool somewhat seriously for the last 6 years have a 15 cap. Last year had a set of MX-19s and couldn't stand the damn things. Traded them for a set of 57's and then dropped my cap by about 7 strokes which I can't say it was from the clubs or I finally started to groove my swing.
    As i suspected i am being advised about clubs by a mid handicap chopper. Since i am a better golfer than you i will treat your comments about shovels in the same way i would treat advice about dieting from a fat f ucker. When you drop your handicap to single figures let me know, till then foxtrot oscar.

Edgey

I think clubs make a difference when they are pleasing to the beholder's eye, properly fit for lie and shaft and have the name Ping on them.
    Did you deliberately contradict yourself? How could any PING club be pleasing to the beholder's eye?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Did you deliberately contradict yourself? How could any PING club be pleasing to the beholder's eye?
    I have to tell you a very strange story. I have been thinking about the Ping i5 irons lately because it's one of the irons that I've never tried on the course. It occurred to me yesterday that I haven't been to this Play it Again sports in a long time. On the way there I actually was thinking about the Ping i5 irons and what a coincidence it would be if I walked in there and they had a set. Anyway, I go to the store and to my astonishment there is a set of Ping i5s in near new condition sitting on the rack for $229. They look like they've been played maybe one or two times. The only drawback is that they have the CS Lite shafts in regular flex and I normally play stiff.

If Edgey is reading this, do you think there's much difference between the regular and stiff CS-Lite? Also, when I played the Callaway Big Bertha 2002 irons with Uniflex shafts I'm pretty sure those would be considered regular flex by most people's standards yet they suited me perfectly. I'm trying to convince myself that regular flex will be OK for me. I am in my 40's now and I'm sure my swing speed is slowly diminishing.

I have to tell you a very strange story. I have been thinking about the Ping i5 irons lately because it's one of the irons that I've never tried on the course. It occurred to me yesterday that I haven't been to this Play it Again sports in a long time. On the way there I actually was thinking about the Ping i5 irons and what a coincidence it would be if I walked in there and they had a set. Anyway, I go to the store and to my astonishment there is a set of Ping i5s in near new condition sitting on the rack for $229. They look like they've been played maybe one or two times. The only drawback is that they have the CS Lite shafts in regular flex and I normally play stiff.

If Edgey is reading this, do you think there's much difference between the regular and stiff CS-Lite? Also, when I played the Callaway Big Bertha 2002 irons with Uniflex shafts I'm pretty sure those would be considered regular flex by most people's standards yet they suited me perfectly. I'm trying to convince myself that regular flex will be OK for me. I am in my 40's now and I'm sure my swing speed is slowly diminishing.
    A buddy of mine plays the i5's and he is a very good golfer. They are a nice iron and if I was interested in PING they would probably have been the model I would have gone for. When I bought the R7 TP's about 3 years ago I was hitting all the big OEM's 'players' clubs side by side and this is where we differ. I eliminated the i5's very early on due to the look of them. As you say they must be pleasing to the beholder's eye and I just hate the finish on PINGS. However the i5's look Ok at address compared to the G series which are oversized monstrosities. Can't help re the flex. I've found regular flex feels smooth and nice to hit if you put a smooth swing on them but if you really go after your shots you may get too high a ball flight?

Now where the f#ck am I?

[QUOTE=Kiwi Player]A buddy of mine plays the i5's and he is a very good golfer. They are a nice iron and if I was interested in PING they would probably have been the model I would have gone for. When I bought the R7 TP's about 3 years ago I was hitting all the big OEM's 'players' clubs side by side and this is where we differ. I eliminated the i5's very early on due to the look of them. As you say they must be pleasing to the beholder's eye and I just hate the finish on PINGS. However the i5's look Ok at address compared to the G series which are oversized monstrosities. Can't help re the flex. I've found regular flex feels smooth and nice to hit if you put a smooth swing on them but if you really go after your shots you may get too high a ball flight?[/QUOTE]

This is a pretty good assesment. Personally I like lightweight steel shafts. But i am well past my forties.
    The i5 in hindsight was probably not one of pings most popular models and the concences of the overall golfing community is usually correct. They do not have the reputation of other models like the i3's or eye 2's.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I am 47 and find reg in AWT and CS Lite are fine. Never had a problem with reg shafts. I hit 150yd with a 9 iron in the summer 8 in the winter.

Edgey

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Those irons have a titanium face...huh. Do they make a funny sound at impact? Seems like the spring like effect might make distance control tough.
    No funny sound and distance control is excellent. I have heard tales of these clubs (Raptures and K15's) having some problems with distance control but i have never found that to be true.

Actually, I am not advising anyone to do anything. Just made a comment and didn't realize that your skin is so thin that you can't take anything said in jest. As Steve Martin would say. Well excuuuuuuuuse me.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I am 47 and find reg in AWT and CS Lite are fine. Never had a problem with reg shafts. I hit 150yd with a 9 iron in the summer 8 in the winter.

Edgey
    Really, you hit your 9 iron 150? I hit my 7 iron 155 but then again I hit Ping Eye 2s where the PW is 50.5 degrees. Maybe R flex shafts would fit me better than stiff. I really like the look of the i5 irons...better than the i10 or the i15 and better than the i3. I agree with OP that they were not the most popular model but they also came out at the same time as the G5, which was pretty popular. What to do?

I doubt the titanium face in the irons is thin enough to provide any kind of spring effect. It's not like the irons are hollow. Come on.

A buddy of mine plays the i5's and he is a very good golfer. They are a nice iron and if I was interested in PING they would probably have been the model I would have gone for. When I bought the R7 TP's about 3 years ago I was hitting all the big OEM's 'players' clubs side by side and this is where we differ. I eliminated the i5's very early on due to the look of them. As you say they must be pleasing to the beholder's eye and I just hate the finish on PINGS. However the i5's look Ok at address compared to the G series which are oversized monstrosities. Can't help re the flex. I've found regular flex feels smooth and nice to hit if you put a smooth swing on them but if you really go after your shots you may get too high a ball flight?
    I don't see how you can think the Taylormade R7 TP is better looking or feeling than the Ping i5. I've hit the R7 TP with Dynamic Gold and it sends the ball way too high. Plus, the club is way too heavy feeling. Finally, I don't like that plastic looking insert in the cavity that looks like a circus.

I like the sandblasted finish of the Ping irons. I don't know if you hit the Ping i5 but I went to GolfMart today so that I could get a good idea of how they would feel. I found a set of Ping G5 irons with the reg CS Lite shaft and they felt fantastic. Better than forged. I think I will be purchasing the i5 irons.

Actually, I am not advising anyone to do anything. Just made a comment and didn't realize that your skin is so thin that you can't take anything said in jest. As Steve Martin would say. Well excuuuuuuuuse me.
    You have to realise he is a Pom, doesn't understand irony. Wait a minute ...?

Now where the f#ck am I?

I doubt the titanium face in the irons is thin enough to provide any kind of spring effect. It's not like the irons are hollow. Come on.
    So what's the point it then, other than to charge an extra $200 for the set?

Now where the f#ck am I?

I don't see how you can think the Taylormade R7 TP is better looking or feeling than the Ping i5. I've hit the R7 TP with Dynamic Gold and it sends the ball way too high. Plus, the club is way too heavy feeling. Finally, I don't like that plastic looking insert in the cavity that looks like a circus.

I like the sandblasted finish of the Ping irons. I don't know if you hit the Ping i5 but I went to GolfMart today so that I could get a good idea of how they would feel. I found a set of Ping G5 irons with the reg CS Lite shaft and they felt fantastic. Better than forged. I think I will be purchasing the i5 irons.
    Haven't hit the i5 but I've played a full round of golf with the G5's and they were horrible oversize monstrosities with no feel whatsoever.

Now where the f#ck am I?

4 of the "irons" are hollow...well, I guess they are technically hybrids, but they are part of the set.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

4 of the "irons" are hollow...well, I guess they are technically hybrids, but they are part of the set.

I thought only the 3 and 4 were hollow but I guess I'll take another look. I'm really liking the look of the S56 irons.

You have to realise he is a Pom, doesn't understand irony. Wait a minute ...?
    ....................or it appears do Kiwi,s

Edgey

I am sorry if i offended you, that wasnt really my intention...

Edgey

PS If you started playing K15 irons you might be off single figures.
    PING PLAY YOUR BEST.
    Hope that helps

K15 are a hack's iron. The set is ridiculous even in setup. 5-pw, and then 4 hybrids. Two of those hybrids have the loft of a weak 5 iron and 7 iron, but significantly longer. So now you get to decide if you're hitting your real 5 iron or your b!tch 5 iron.

If you're going to go Ping, get the S56, I15, or the Anser. They're at least passing for a decent iron.

Since you live in Minnesota your skin is naturally thicker than us folks that live in warmer climates. I live in Southern California where the climate is fantastic for golf and I can play year around. Heck, we get upset with a little drizzle of rain during the round. Sometimes I can play in short sleeves in January. But hey, you've got the Vikings.

Aw hell, you didn't offend me edgey just got riled for a little bit. You might be right about the pings, I don't know. All I know is that i hated the mx19's with their wide sole, Maybe it was the thicker topline. Have a bunch of older guys (60 to 75) that I golf with frequently that use all hibores. Man are they ugly. Also a guy that plays nothing but pings. He is a bout a 4 cap but has been golfing for about 25 years. I might have to travel to the dark side and see about the pings.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Edgey
    I agree. I think with steel shafts most folks wouldn't be able to tell the difference between R and S flex based on feel. Ball flight might be a different story. My driver and gaybrid have S but my irons are r300s and I don't notice any difference. I've hit demos with s300 and I have a single 6 iron with the s300 and I can't tell the difference. Steel can only get but so whippy, I guess.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

OK. Looked on the bay and found a couple of used eye 2s. In average shape, so will keep on eye on them. What would be a halfway decent price to pay?
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

OK. Looked on the bay and found a couple of used eye 2s. In average shape, so will keep on eye on them. What would be a halfway decent price to pay?
    Free and they should come with a barf bag. I just got a bit of vomit in my mouth just thinking about them. f'ugly cast over sized piece of shiats....

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Free and they should come with a barf bag. I just got a bit of vomit in my mouth just thinking about them. f'ugly cast over sized piece of shiats....
    Poe, what irons do you play?

Poe, what irons do you play?
    Titty 710 split set - 3-6CB's and 7-PW Mb's with the KBS Tour shafts. I don't know why but my bag is mostly Titleist right now. I actually liked the Ping S series but I liked the Titleist more. I waited and waited to try the mizzy blades but it took them forever to come out in left handed. I'm not sure which way I would have gone if they were out. I do like the fact that the Titty 710's are nearly identical between the cavity and the muscles. If I had it to do over again I would have gone mb's starting at the 6 rion. It's a bit too high for my liking.

you decide
    these f'ugly shovels - vomit

or these beauties

LOL - POTD!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Titty 710 split set - 3-6CB's and 7-PW Mb's with the KBS Tour shafts. I don't know why but my bag is mostly Titleist right now. I actually liked the Ping S series but I liked the Titleist more. I waited and waited to try the mizzy blades but it took them forever to come out in left handed. I'm not sure which way I would have gone if they were out. I do like the fact that the Titty 710's are nearly identical between the cavity and the muscles. If I had it to do over again I would have gone mb's starting at the 6 rion. It's a bit too high for my liking.

you decide
    these f'ugly shovels - vomit

or these beauties
    There is a Titlesit ban on GR so get those prima donna pose sticks off here now!!

This a thread for good golfers, not wannabes and good golfers play PING, play your best!

Edgey

There is a Titlesit ban on GR so get those prima donna pose sticks off here now!!

This a thread for good golfers, not wannabes and good golfers play PING, play your best!

Edgey
    You're way behind the times Edgey. That ban was lifted when Titleist introduced these beautiful blades.

The executives at Titleist realised the GR ban would never be lifted when the AP2 was their only genuine player offering so they had the worlds top forged blade experts, including Mr Miura himself, collaborate to bring the world a Tittie forged blade to rival GFF blades.

This is the outstanding result of that collaboration. Beautiful ain't it. Sniff, sniff ...

Now where the f#ck am I?

You're way behind the times Edgey. That ban was lifted when Titleist introduced these beautiful blades.

The executives at Titleist realised the GR ban would never be lifted when the AP2 was their only genuine player offering so they had the worlds top forged blade experts, including Mr Miura himself, collaborate to bring the world a Tittie forged blade to rival GFF blades.

This is the outstanding result of that collaboration. Beautiful ain't it. Sniff, sniff ...

Yeah, I'm sure they had to do a lot of R&D in creating an iron that looks exactly like every other blade created before it. Good thing they brought in Mr. Miyagi to help with design. "Blade must look like blade...that'll be $200K, thank you".

By the way, that's the Ping Eye 2 Plus you attached, not the Eye 2 square groove.

BOLLOCKS!!!

The ban can ONLY be lifted by a binding GR poll. Until then the ban stands so remove those POS from the screen.

Also i seem to remember that the ban was imposed due to their persistant and flagrant plagiarism. WTF do you think these POS ripped off blades are. Only Ping have ever offered anything truly innovative.

PING, played by great golfers because they allow you to play your best

Edgey

BOLLOCKS!!!

The ban can ONLY be lifted by a binding GR poll. Until then the ban stands so remove those POS from the screen.

Also i seem to remember that the ban was imposed due to their persistant and flagrant plagiarism. WTF do you think these POS ripped off blades are. Only Ping have ever offered anything truly innovative.

Edgey
    There WAS a binding poll. The 5k crew rejected it but the result stands and the ban was lifted. Turns out the case re the Pro V 1's was dropped too wasn't it?

Now where the f#ck am I?

I thought only the 3 and 4 were hollow but I guess I'll take another look. I'm really liking the look of the S56 irons.
    Yeah, I've always kind of liked the S series irons. One of my friends has a set of S59's...I know its not the club, but that guy hit an effortless 230 yard uphill green (Rocky Point in Maryland) with his 4 iron. I barely got my 16* hybrid to go the same distance (hooked left of the green). Of course, one of my other friends in the group also hit a 4 iron (some older titleist) and the other guy used a 3 wood. These same two guys were hitting 200 yard 8 irons and 150 yard sand wedges.

BOLLOCKS!!!

Edgey
    Like I care about a GR ban.

Like I care about a GR ban.
    Poe, of course you care about GRs standards or you wouldn't have gotten those poseur sticks to begin with. Just admit that you forgot about the ban and you will be forgiven. Of course you have to vow to sell those clubs.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Almost pulled the trigger on a set of mx23s. Saw a used set at a second hand store but the set went from 3 to p with no 4 or 8 iron and they looked soso. But for 90 dollars thinking I can pick up those two clubs off the bay. Also on the bay is a set of 4-9's. Instead of the pings. Will there be a big difference between the 23s and the 57s I am currently playing?
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Poe, of course you care about GRs standards or you wouldn't have gotten those poseur sticks to begin with. Just admit that you forgot about the ban and you will be forgiven. Of course you have to vow to sell those clubs.
    Nope. Didn't even think about it when I demo'd the clubs. In fact I was going to order the cb's full set but the fitter doped slapped me becuase I wasn't at least getting a split set. He wanted me get a full set of mb's. It had to do more with my tejectory than anything else.

You also have to remember I'm left handed. My selection is limited.

Nope. Didn't even think about it when I demo'd the clubs. In fact I was going to order the cb's full set but the fitter doped slapped me becuase I wasn't at least getting a split set. He wanted me get a full set of mb's. It had to do more with my tejectory than anything else.

You also have to remember I'm left handed. My selection is limited.
    They are sweet looking clubs. They're no MX200s but they are nice.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    They are sweet looking clubs. They're no MX200s but they are nice.
    I waited two months on mizzy 60 whatevers to show in left handed. Then said WTF and ordered the titty's. I really wanted to give the mizzy's a go but you can only wait so long. About 6 months, not exaggerating, they showed and I made the right choice for me.

Almost pulled the trigger on a set of mx23s. Saw a used set at a second hand store but the set went from 3 to p with no 4 or 8 iron and they looked soso. But for 90 dollars thinking I can pick up those two clubs off the bay. Also on the bay is a set of 4-9's. Instead of the pings. Will there be a big difference between the 23s and the 57s I am currently playing?
    The MX-23's are nice clubs but much more of a game improvement iron than the MP-57's, more like the MX-200's or 300's.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Just thinking that if I want toshelve the 57's for a while and go to a more gi type of club for a while to see how much difference their would be. Some days might be nice to have a club that is a little more forgiving when I get into a slump. Kind of go back and forth depending on how my swing is working . Rather go mizuno than ping. BUT all depends on what I find and at what price.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Just thinking that if I want toshelve the 57's for a while and go to a more gi type of club for a while to see how much difference their would be. Some days might be nice to have a club that is a little more forgiving when I get into a slump. Kind of go back and forth depending on how my swing is working . Rather go mizuno than ping. BUT all depends on what I find and at what price.
    Try the Ping, you can get a great set of Eye 2 or Zing/Zing 2 dirt cheap on e bay.

You wont look back

Edgey

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Your 57s are a pretty forgiving. I played a set for over a season. The mx 23s are easier, but still have.great feeling and feedback. The ping eye 2, is nice for a cast club. But put the 2 side by side, you will pick the mx23 up. My ping eye 2 becu set is good as they get, and I still would play either of my 2 sets of mx23. You know a nice compromise would be the 23 in the long iron, and 57 in the short, and ping eye 2 wedges.
    Last edited by 12sandwich; 10-22-2010 at 05:13 AM.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

I would think the MP-57 would be a better club. Less bulky, easier to chip with. I like the MX-300 and the new JPX-800 Pro but they both look too bulky to me for chipping.

I would think the MP-57 would be a better club. Less bulky, easier to chip with. I like the MX-300 and the new JPX-800 Pro but they both look too bulky to me for chipping.

I liked the 57s, after playing 60s for 3 seasons. A little more gi version of the 60. But I always missed the 23 pitching wedge around the green. The only pw I like as well, maybe better, is a mp37 pw from a set I have. And a pw from a set of ping eye 2s I have. And I love the sand wedge from that set. Thinking of bagging them full time. Replacing my gap wedge, sand wedge, most likely, as well the 60 lob wedge. I may have to get a set of mx 300s. See how they stand up to the mx23s. Fd is the loft 50 or 51 on a
    Pw.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich

I liked the 57s, after playing 60s for 3 seasons. A little more gi version of the 60. But I always missed the 23 pitching wedge around the green. The only pw I like as well, maybe better, is a mp37 pw from a set I have. And a pw from a set of ping eye 2s I have. And I love the sand wedge from that set. Thinking of bagging them full time. Replacing my gap wedge, sand wedge, most likely, as well the 60 lob wedge. I may have to get a set of mx 300s. See how they stand up to the mx23s. Fd is the loft 50 or 51 on a
    Pw.
    Anser to your question below (get it...."anser") ha ha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ping specs.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	2512  

Anser to your question below (get it...."anser") ha ha.
    Thanks. Your a wealth of info.

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    Thanks. Your a wealth of info.
    Thank you and you're no slouch yourself.

Didn't Herschel Krustofski also say that once?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information