|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

That's the name of the putter actually... So its not that funny really

There's one called scotty Cameron Newport inspired by Davis Love
    III...

So its not really that funny

Don't worry 24P, PM just doesn't understand irony.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Don't worry 24P, PM just doesn't understand irony.
    i get the irony, but its just that i dont think it's funny...

the putter was made at the time where sergio was one of the best putters in the world, now not so much.... but still it's just not funny really...

Lighten up PM. 24 is just having a go at Garcia which is a normal passtime around here.
    I understand where you are coming from though. I was a serious young man too once upon a time.......
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Lighten up PM. 24 is just having a go at Garcia which is a normal passtime around here.
    I understand where you are coming from though. I was a serious young man too once upon a time.......
    i'm just guessing that 24p is uninformed... either that or he's just not funny, either way... it's a dumb thread...

....burn....

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    i'm just guessing that 24p is uninformed... either that or he's just not funny, either way... it's a dumb thread...

....burn....

Holy F. We agree on something.

The end must be near.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

When I was a kid, I went to Dodger Stadium on "bat night." This was in a different legal climate, and they gave each kid under the age of 12 or 14 a small, souvenir wooden baseball bat, maybe a little over a foot long. Each one came with a Dodger player's name engraved on it. I got a "Sandy Koufax" bat; he was a phenomenal pitcher, but probably one of the worst hitters of all time.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

The true irony is that this POS putter would actually go for more than $25 . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

If anything, this just proves that it doesn't matter who makes the putter or how much it (or the headcover) costs, crappy putting ability cannot be fixed by technology.

Thankfully, there are still some aspects of golf which favor the more SKILLED player.

I wonder if it comes in a belly version? Would only seem appropriate, all things considered.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

i get the irony, but its just that i dont think it's funny...

the putter was made at the time where sergio was one of the best putters in the world, now not so much.... but still it's just not funny really...
    Jokes don't have to be funny. A joke can also mean something that is such a complete rip off it is called a joke. And just when was this mythical time when Sergio was one of the best putters in the world, and wasn't stinking it up and choking away majors with his pathetic putting?
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 10-24-2010 at 03:09 AM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Jokes don't have to be funny. A joke can also mean something that is such a complete rip off it is called a joke. And just when was this mythical time when Sergio was one of the best putters in the world, and wasn't stinking it up and choking away majors with his pathetic putting?
    Way to completely deviate from the subject since the point is that the OP is either uninformed orack insight to being funny...

You sompletely left the topic talking about majors, but is faxon not to be recogni2d as a good putter because he hasn't won a major? badds? Stricker??

Sergio was at one time arguably the best putter on tour, this is the same modle putter he used and had a hand in the design to make it how he wanted so they called it the dek mar inspired by Sergio garcua... Big deal its not funny not ironic not unintentional.

If Elin Woods came out with a signature set if irons, would that be funny?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    When I was a kid, I went to Dodger Stadium on "bat night." This was in a different legal climate, and they gave each kid under the age of 12 or 14 a small, souvenir wooden baseball bat, maybe a little over a foot long. Each one came with a Dodger player's name engraved on it. I got a "Sandy Koufax" bat; he was a phenomenal pitcher, but probably one of the worst hitters of all time.
    In the early '60's, I was fortunate enough to catch a couple of games at the Coluseum when Koufax and Drysdale pitched. Real mound mastery. My cousin and I got those little wood bats at Phillies games and we used to pitch to each other with golf balls. When we got a little older, a couple of us would meet up on Saturday mornings at the dirt infield the semi-pro's used and we'd take infield practice using golfballs instead of baseballs. Put the real meaning into "hot corner".

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    If anything, this just proves that it doesn't matter who makes the putter or how much it (or the headcover) costs, crappy putting ability cannot be fixed by technology.

Thankfully, there are still some aspects of golf which favor the more SKILLED player.

I wonder if it comes in a belly version? Would only seem appropriate, all things considered.

FON
    Only if they ban long putters would this be true.

But the Koufax bat wasn't for actual use, right? And by the way, Ron Herbel was a worse hitter, possibly the worst ever.

Awesome point. I would suggest most pros wouldn't think twice about infusing Sergio's ability to hit the long irons (quite frankly a dying art on tour). If there were SG signature 3-4-5 irons... that would not be ironic in the slightest. I'll take his long iron ball striking any day over the rest of you choppers.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    Awesome point. I would suggest most pros wouldn't think twice about infusing Sergio's ability to hit the long irons (quite frankly a dying art on tour). If there were SG signature 3-4-5 irons... that would not be ironic in the slightest. I'll take his long iron ball striking any day over the rest of you choppers.
    I'm not sure I really understand your point, if you have one.

Here was mine.....
    . . . Koufax was a masterful pitcher who couldn't hit.
    . . . Sergio is a great ballstriker who can't putt.

Way to completely deviate from the subject since the point is that the OP is either uninformed orack insight to being funny...

You sompletely left the topic talking about majors, but is faxon not to be recogni2d as a good putter because he hasn't won a major? badds? Stricker??

Sergio was at one time arguably the best putter on tour, this is the same modle putter he used and had a hand in the design to make it how he wanted so they called it the dek mar inspired by Sergio garcua... Big deal its not funny not ironic not unintentional.
    Brad Faxon has long been recognised as one of the preier putters on tour. He has not won a major because the rest of his game is not as good as his putting, and unlike Sergio he has never choked away majors, you can guarantee that if Sergio putted like Faxon he would have at least 5 majors in the trophy cabinet instead of his current duck egg. Badds too has been recognised over a nmber of years for being a great putter, but has also been recognised as being an erratic ball striker which has held him back. I don't think Sergio was ever considered in the same league as those two. Sergio's win record for his ball striking and the number of times he's been in contention (majors and regular PGA Tour events) is abyssmal. The only reason they paid Sergio to use his name on that putter is because at the time he was one of the more popular players on tour, not because of his putting. It just shows how shameless Scotty Cameron is that he used Sergio at all.

The only reason Sergio hasn't won majors is because his bad bounces are worse than those of other players.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    The only reason Sergio hasn't won majors is because his bad bounces are worse than those of other players.
    IMO Sergio has the BEST swing to compress a golf ball... unfortunately his putting sucks. Have not heard much about him lately, at one time I think he was dating Greg Norman's daughter... maybe he's dating Christ E now

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    IMO Sergio has the BEST swing to compress a golf ball... unfortunately his putting sucks. Have not heard much about him lately, at one time I think he was dating Greg Norman's daughter... maybe he's dating Christ E now
    Apparently Norman's daughter dumped him and he has been all shook up since. She obviously could only handle one choker in her immediate family.

Apparently Norman's daughter dumped him and he has been all shook up since. She obviously could only handle one choker in her immediate family.
    I heard he made her call him "El Nino" in the bedroom and that's what ended it.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I heard he made her call him "El Nino" in the bedroom and that's what ended it.

I can see how Norman's daughter may be kinda against that.

Brad Faxon has long been recognised as one of the preier putters on tour. He has not won a major because the rest of his game is not as good as his putting, and unlike Sergio he has never choked away majors, you can guarantee that if Sergio putted like Faxon he would have at least 5 majors in the trophy cabinet instead of his current duck egg. Badds too has been recognised over a nmber of years for being a great putter, but has also been recognised as being an erratic ball striker which has held him back. I don't think Sergio was ever considered in the same league as those two. Sergio's win record for his ball striking and the number of times he's been in contention (majors and regular PGA Tour events) is abyssmal. The only reason they paid Sergio to use his name on that putter is because at the time he was one of the more popular players on tour, not because of his putting. It just shows how shameless Scotty Cameron is that he used Sergio at all.
    sergio turned pro in '99, 2000 was hit first full year on the PGA tour and look where he was

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/wm2.html?119

4th.............. as an amateur and early on in his professional career he was know for his ability to strike the ball, and for being a good putter... many thought because of these two things he would be the next #1 in the OWGR or at least challenge tiger... things have not panned out like this but at one time he was thought of as one of the best putters... no one is dissagreeing, sergio hasn't lived up to expectations... he hasn't... all i'm saying is it's not ironic, not funny, just people on this site being uninformed...

but i guess you just can't quite seem to wrap your brain around what i'm saying, it's not your fault i'm sure you were dropped on your head as a kid or something like that, don't blame yourself...

sergio turned pro in '99, 2000 was hit first full year on the PGA tour and look where he was

4th.............. as an amateur and early on in his professional career he was know for his ability to strike the ball, and for being a good putter... many thought because of these two things he would be the next #1 in the OWGR or at least challenge tiger... things have not panned out like this but at one time he was thought of as one of the best putters... no one is dissagreeing, sergio hasn't lived up to expectations... he hasn't... all i'm saying is it's not ironic, not funny, just people on this site being uninformed...

but i guess you just can't quite seem to wrap your brain around what i'm saying, it's not your fault i'm sure you were dropped on your head as a kid or something like that, don't blame yourself...
    I've always like Sergio and never quite understood why other people don't. He's a bit of a whiner but he's fun to watch and added a lot of excitement to the Ryder cup.

I'm not sure I really understand your point, if you have one.

Here was mine.....
    . . . Koufax was a masterful pitcher who couldn't hit.
    . . . Sergio is a great ballstriker who can't putt.
    Yes, that's what I meant. Did you not get that from all those jumbled clauses...
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    Yes, that's I meant what. Did you not from get that all jumbled those clauses...
    NOW I understand.....

Pingman, you have a man crush on Sergio. It's OK, it happens to some people. It doesn't happen to me, but I can understand you being of the younger generation, you guys are more open to that sort of thing.

As much arguing as you and GA do, I find it ironic that you two have so much in common.

HEY! Irony is what this thread was started about! We have now come full circle.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

[QUOTE=pingman360]sergio turned pro in '99, 2000 was hit first full year on the PGA tour and look where he was

but i guess you just can't quite seem to wrap your brain around what i'm saying, it's not your fault i'm sure you were dropped on your head as a kid or something like that, don't blame yourself...[/QUOTE]
    I blame my clumsy parents for that. But I still understand what you are saying about Sergio. I do remember when came on tour he was considered a short game magician, in the tradiion of Spanish short game maestros like Seve and Olly. But it didn't take long for him to become a streaky putter, then a down right choker. What I don't understand is how educated and otherwise intelligent human beings can believe in all powerful beings who obviously don't exist.

Thread Information