|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

All hail Not a Hacker - GR's first 8,000 poster!

All hail the legendary Not a Hacker. GR's greatest poster who has taken over the mantle from Dorkman who now languishes in second place on a mere 7,800 posts.

NAH's post have in the main always been brash and humorous as well as knowledgeable and in his own inimitable style he has never been afraid to call a spade a spade. Until recently his message has always been remarkably consistent when it comes to cast, POS, SGI, chopper paddles, gaybrids, Scotty Cameron putters and other POS OEM equipment made in Chinese sweat shops for sod laying choppers. And of course he has always fully endorsed the GR mysticism of Mizuno GFF blades. The irons that have occupied his bag in the past two years and his recent defense of his Powerbilt chopper paddles seems to go against the grain of his long term message somewhat but on this memorable occasion perhaps we can overlook this minor inconsistency.

I hope you will all join me in congratulating NAH on this remarkable achievement made all the more noteworthy given the fact that he has never survived more than a handful of posts before being banned on any other forum.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Congrats NAH... I don't care what they said about you, you are still an OK guy... OK OK, you are better than OK... You tried to agitate me when I joined this GR, I gave you shěěttttt back... like STFU... then we moved on... Just like FD, he came out as a guy who knows it all, but we all know that he just try to agitate people, I also think he's a good guy... Overall, this is a great forum, except a few BS that we recognize right away ... hahahaha

What's really remarkable is that he posts opposite of us... In the middle of the night for over here... Nicely done NAH

The one and only NaH. The man that personifies the politically incorrect tone that is GR. Well done, mate.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Congratulations on your lofty achievement, NAH. Does this qualify you to be a "senior member?"
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Congrats NAH

I dont like Aussies on principle because you are the cast off shite we dumped onto that spider and snake infested shite hole of a rock many years ago. That plus the fact you have forgotten whose flag graces that piece of rag our great King Edward VII agreed to allow you to call your flag in 1902.

However i will agree that to reach 8k posts on GR is indeed worthy of everyones praise.

Well done NAH

Edgey

PS Your cricket teams shite and your rugby teams made up of puffs, queens, queers and bum boys
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Well done NAH. Although we are an international forum I am pleased that an Aussie has created some GR history.
    That you are prolific there can be no doubt. The fact you are relevent and don't take a backward step is comendable. Surely 9000 is not far away.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

NAH, a song for you--

Click go the shears, boys, click click click

wide is his blow and his hands move quick

the ringer looks around and is beaten by a blow

and curses the old snagger with the blue bellied joe!

wait, what about this one?

Once a jolly swagman camped by a billabong

under the shade of a coolibah tree

and he sang as he watched, and waited til his billy boiled

You'll come a waltzing matilda with me!

(these things are burned into my brain from a childhood in Perth, WA.. I am still Ozzie at heart.. of course, Rolf Harris committed Ozzie treason, moving back to England for the BBC opportunities. What, the Australian Broadcasting Company wasn't leftist enough for you, Rolf?)

Congrats NAH, although I still suspect you are, actually, a hacker. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

What a glorious day. The World Series is one thing but this is truly a big event. Good job NAH, you're a tremendous slouch.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I feel like that when NAH gave up GFF his post balance should have gone back to ZERO TO MATCH NAH WHO IS A ZERO AND NEEDS TO GET A LIFE.

Oh by the way congrats buddy way to go

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Congrats NAH

I dont like Aussies on principle because you are the cast off shite we dumped onto that spider and snake infested shite hole of a rock many years ago. That plus the fact you have forgotten whose flag graces that piece of rag our great King Edward VII agreed to allow you to call your flag in 1902.

However i will agree that to reach 8k posts on GR is indeed worthy of everyones praise.

Well done NAH

Edgey

PS Your cricket teams shite and your rugby teams made up of puffs, queens, queers and bum boys
    It really is as if God himself designed Aussie as the perfect prison colony. He even filled the surrounding rivers and oceans with man eating crocodiles and sharks to prevent any of the convicts attempting to escape across the Tasman to Godzone.

Now where the f#ck am I?

congrats. Now the race to 10,000.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Atta boy NAH, looking forward to reading post 10,000, and of course post 20,000 will have to be something extra special.

You are truly deserving of the GR straightjacket award as Most Committed Member.

If you only showed the same degree of commitment to your game as you do to GR, you wouldn't need those chopper PB TPS paddles...

I bet you're bagging a 20+ degree hybrid before you hit 10,000 at the rate you're going.

Man up, old timer.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

I think it fitting to mark this occassion wiht a Caddyshack reference. So, to all the back slappers and well wishers, I say "Thankyou very lttle". I'll take my 15 minutes in the sun while it lasts. As I have said, the a-holes in IT at work have slaped a filter on which prevents me from posting there now, so my cracking pace wil drop.

P.S. DM, no hard feelings about overtaking you as the most prolific poster here hey old boy. Keep your chin up, you've still got the $600 wedge thing to hang your hat on.

P.P.S. I'm glad this is an anonymous forum, I don't think too many non glfeers wold understand how a grown man can rack up 8,000 posts on a golf forum, particularly a golf forum which seldom discusses anything remottely golf related.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 10-29-2010 at 05:43 AM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Well done n.a.h, after 8000 posts it must feel like larry,s mantra - just hitting fairways and greens not interested in the score!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Well done n.a.h, after 8000 posts it must feel like larry,s mantra - just hitting fairways and greens not interested in the score!
    You mean his other mantra; turn, POST, swing.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I think it fitting to mark this occassion wiht a Caddyshack reference. So, to all the back slappers and well wishers, I say "Thankyou very lttle". I'll take my 15 minutes in the sun while it lasts. As I have said, the a-holes in IT at work have slaped a filter on which prevents me from posting there now, so my cracking pace wil drop.

P.S. DM, no hard feelings about overtaking you as the most prolific poster here hey old boy. Keep your chin up, you've still got the $600 wedge thing to hang your hat on.

P.P.S. I'm glad this is an anonymous forum, I don't think too many non glfeers wold understand how a grown man can rack up 8,000 posts on a golf forum, particularly a golf forum which seldom discusses anything remottely golf related.
    Don't be embarrassed at all, I have over 47,000 on a music forum. I need to reset my post counter back down to a non-crazy number.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz1975
    Don't be embarrassed at all, I have over 47,000 on a music forum. I need to reset my post counter back down to a non-crazy number.
    I can't even begin to imagine that many posts. You are the man.

I can't even begin to imagine that many posts. You are the man.

Yeah that's incredible. You Da Man Yaz!

Over what time period are we talking to clock up 47,000 posts?

Now where the f#ck am I?

congrats NAH you sad basterd. so tell us, does reaching 8k take 4 strokes off your game or what?

BD

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    congrats NAH you sad basterd. so tell us, does reaching 8k take 4 strokes off your game or what?

BD
    Don't know about my game, but it's certainly detracted from me having a life.

Don't know about my game, but it's certainly detracted from me having a life.
    Your 8k posts haven't done much for our lives either, FWIW..

Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Your 8k posts haven't done much for our lives either, FWIW..

Hmm, if you joined in March '04 like him... your posting rate would put you pretty close to 8K. Admit it, NaH is your secret role model... you have a set a TPS 6.0 irons don't you?
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    Hmm, if you joined in March '04 like him... your posting rate would put you pretty close to 8K. Admit it, NaH is your secret role model... you have a set a TPS 6.0 irons don't you?
    He's working his way up to them. His Adams are a stepping stone to TPS 6.0.

You havent been here long enough to know that Dave probably has 8k posts. He used to be here under another name but stropped off over the infamous religion thread.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

You havent been here long enough to know that Dave probably has 8k posts. He used to be here under another name but stropped off over the infamous religion thread.

Edgey
    Was that the thread where some of GR's god fearing pacifists threatened bodily harm to the non believers for offensive posts?

Edgey
    I've been here longer than you... unless you were someone else too. I'm just a very selective poster. ;)

I'm going to use my own TPS 6.0's in tribute this week...
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Was that the thread where some of GR's god fearing pacifists threatened bodily harm to the non believers for offensive posts?
    Thats the one

I've been here longer than you... unless you were someone else too. I'm just a very selective poster. ;)

I have been here a long time...............

Edgey

I have been here a long time...............

Edgey
    Right on man... is that like similar to Steven King writing 50 books or so with Richard Bachman being the name on like 7 or 8 of them?
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Edgey
    I had probably two to three thousand posts before the board was revised several years ago, and all the post counts were started at zero again. To compensate us for this monstrous insult to our justifiable pride of accomplishment in attaining these stratospheric numeric achievements, Francis then allowed everyone to become a "senior member" when we reached 100 posts!!

The whole post count is much ado about nothing, IMHO.

Spank probably has the most total posts on the board, but they are divided between up to a few dozen different "people."

Right on man... is that like similar to Steven King writing 50 books or so with Richard Bachman being the name on like 7 or 8 of them?
    Like Spank i may have a Richard Bachman in me..................

Edgey

I predict that they will stay in the bag well beyond the tribute week. Not sure what you usually use, but it's a pretty safe bet that it's inferior to the master craftsmanship of the TPS 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Yeah that's incredible. You Da Man Yaz!

Over what time period are we talking to clock up 47,000 posts?
    Just about 4 1/2 years. It's a closed forum with a group that's known each other for about 10 years now. We were on a public forum, but then a group of us became dissatisfied with how it was run, so we just left and formed our own. We have guys from England, Norway, all over the US etc. Depending on location, we get together and hang out in real life a few times a year. It started as a forum about music/musicians (I've played guitar for 35 years), but it's gone beyond that. It's odd, when we hang out in real life, we still call each other by our screen names. My real name is Mike, but every single one of them calls me Yaz, even though they know my name.

(I've played guitar for 35 years)
    I've played the drums for 32. We have some other guitarists around... we need a bass player now.
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

I've played the drums for 32. We have some other guitarists around... we need a bass player now.
    A GR band?

What would be the genre, rock, pop, metal, hip hop, country?

Now where the f#ck am I?

A GR band?

What would be the genre, rock, pop, metal, hip hop, country?
    If it were up to Pky7219 it would be an AC/DC tribute band. He seems to mention them in almost all of his posts.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    If it were up to Pky7219 it would be an AC/DC tribute band. He seems to mention them in almost all of his posts.
    Nothing wrong with that, as long as it was a Bon Scott AC/DC tribute band.

Nothing wrong with that, as long as it was a Bon Scott AC/DC tribute band.
    This man speaks the truth.

I propose we cover the entire Powerage album.

You're a real purist, that was their least commercial album. M ost of their big hits with Bon were on the TNT album (which I have), but there are some lesser known classics on Powerage, like gone shootin.

Hey Yaz,bit of trivia for ya. I once dated a girl who's father played the bass. He went to an AC/DC gig at a pub in Hobart when they were just starting out. Turns out no one really liked what they played, so after a few hours with people leaving, my ex's father asks if he can jam with them.Spent a couple of hours having the time of his life. Us Tasmanians were always a bit slow to catch onto a good thing
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Hey Yaz,bit of trivia for ya. I once dated a girl who's father played the bass. He went to an AC/DC gig at a pub in Hobart when they were just starting out. Turns out no one really liked what they played, so after a few hours with people leaving, my ex's father asks if he can jam with them.Spent a couple of hours having the time of his life. Us Tasmanians were always a bit slow to catch onto a good thing
    '

That's an awesome litle story.

Change of topic. How are the MP 52's working out? Where's the new GFF Round report thread?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Hey Rooboy. how's the 52's going?
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Great minds think alike Kiwi.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Hey Rooboy. how's the 52's going?
    Great minds think alike.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Great minds think alike Kiwi.
    Holy crap we even post alike! LOL-

Now where the f#ck am I?

Spooky......

'

That's an awesome litle story.

Change of topic. How are the MP 52's working out? Where's the new GFF Round report thread?
    Mp 52's are awesome, my swing isn't!! They turned up last week and it bloody rained all weeekend so i have only had a few hits with them (played nine holes at 2 different courses that i have never played before). Couple of things i've noticed so far: 1/ Feel is outstanding ,2/ Nippon shaft produces a nice high ball flight, 3/ Longer irons are more forgiving than short irons, 4/ Have to put a good swing on them to get anywhere near the distance of my previous irons, 5/ They are nearly too pretty to hit!!
    Have had some range time with them and had better results than i first expected. My fear of hitting left has gone, as i seem to hit them either straight or with a baby fade. I finally understand what people are talking about with shot dispersion. Just need to work on getting some distance with them (or dialling in distance for each club), but i can't help but think that with practise these will make/help me swing better. Everytime i have hit them its either been raining or blowing a gale, but on feel and sound alone i took my old irons out of the bag. My mate with the mp62's hit them and said after 3 balls, if i didn't want them he would buy them. Next week i'm playing an ambrose, so it will be a few weeks before my GFF round report appears.
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Mp 52's are awesome, my swing isn't!! They turned up last week and it bloody rained all weeekend so i have only had a few hits with them (played nine holes at 2 different courses that i have never played before). Couple of things i've noticed so far: 1/ Feel is outstanding ,2/ Nippon shaft produces a nice high ball flight, 3/ Longer irons are more forgiving than short irons, 4/ Have to put a good swing on them to get anywhere near the distance of my previous irons, 5/ They are nearly too pretty to hit!!
    Have had some range time with them and had better results than i first expected. My fear of hitting left has gone, as i seem to hit them either straight or with a baby fade. I finally understand what people are talking about with shot dispersion. Just need to work on getting some distance with them (or dialling in distance for each club), but i can't help but think that with practise these will make/help me swing better. Everytime i have hit them its either been raining or blowing a gale, but on feel and sound alone i took my old irons out of the bag. My mate with the mp62's hit them and said after 3 balls, if i didn't want them he would buy them. Next week i'm playing an ambrose, so it will be a few weeks before my GFF round report appears.
    Sounds like you are liking them anyway. Look forward to the full round report when you get some better weather. After a great start to spring it has been cold and windy as hell lately. Hoping it will improve from here on in.

Now where the f#ck am I?

You're a real purist, that was their least commercial album. M ost of their big hits with Bon were on the TNT album (which I have), but there are some lesser known classics on Powerage, like gone shootin.
    You can't argue with the pocket of Phil Rudd, however covering him is a bit like playing 18 holes with only driver, 8-iron, and putter (and still shooting par).
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

While I agree that the Bon Scott era is superior in every way, I gotta give the "Back in Black" album it's due. Even though Brian Johnson never sounds good live, and hasn't even sounded good on records since then, he nailed it on "Back in Black". Considering how successful the album was with an unknown trying to fill the shoes of a lagend, I've got to give him some respect for that.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

While I agree that the Bon Scott era is superior in every way, I gotta give the "Back in Black" album it's due. Even though Brian Johnson never sounds good live, and hasn't even sounded good on records since then, he nailed it on "Back in Black". Considering how successful the album was with an unknown trying to fill the shoes of a lagend, I've got to give him some respect for that.
    I have to agree. It's one of the best hard rock albums of all time. The entire first side is awesome and then you turn it over and Hells Bells starts.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I have to agree. It's one of the best hard rock albums of all time. The entire first side is awesome and then you turn it over and Hells Bells starts.
    "Turn it over?"

Whatever you say vinyl Grandpa.

Also Powerage has Rock n Roll Damnation, Sin City, Riff Raff, Down Payment Blues. Solid from start to finish.

2nd place would be Let there be Rock. Hit after hit on that gem.

3rd place goes to Highway to Hell.

Bon Scott kicks Brian Johnson's screechy a$$ all over town.

So how does my love of the Communards and Bronski Beat sit in this conversation?

Edgey

"Turn it over?"

Also Powerage has Rock n Roll Damnation, Sin City, Riff Raff, Down Payment Blues. Solid from start to finish.

I was saying "turn it over" to bring back the memories of playing records when I was in 5th grade. If you had any intelligence you'd understand that. You don't have a clue as to what the best AC/DC songs are. Back in Black is their best album. You're just trying to be cool because you think any replacement singer couldn't be as good as the original. Wrong in this case.

Hold it. Turn it over? I have about 600 albums and for what its worth, audio sounds better thru a turntable with vinyl than a digitized, clipped version. More ambience. Put a lot of them on my reel to reel. For all you young guys, that is a giant cassette kind of thing that can play for a real long time depending on the size of the reels.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

"Turn it over?"

Seconded.

All the guys I know refer to Johnson as Brian the Butcher. He suks arse, Back in Black was commercial drivel compared to the Bon Scott years. I gotta put TNT as the best Acca Dacca (australian slang for AC/DC) album. It was their first professionally produced album and was quality from start to finish. On top of the hits TNT, High Voltage and Long Way To The Top, it also had Livewire which should have been a hit, Rock and Roll Singer, The Jack and the redone earlier hit Can I Sit Next To You Girl. They also did a great cover of Chuck Berry's School Days. For anyone who hasn't got this album, go and buy it immediately.

Seconded.

All the guys I know refer to Johnson as Brian the Butcher. He suks arse, Back in Black was commercial drivel compared to the Bon Scott years. I gotta put TNT as the best Acca Dacca (australian slang for AC/DC) album. It was their first professionally produced album and was quality from start to finish. On top of the hits TNT, High Voltage and Long Way To The Top, it also had Livewire which should have been a hit, Rock and Roll Singer, The Jack and the redone earlier hit Can I Sit Next To You Girl. They also did a great cover of Chuck Berry's School Days. For anyone who hasn't got this album, go and buy it immediately.
    Thirded.

Back in Black was probably the best of the post Bon Scott albums but their best work was when he was alive. Post Bon Scott the music was Ok up until about 1988 when they released Blow Up Your Video with lame songs like Heatseeker & That's the Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll.

I kind of went off them after that. I still own TNT but I have to admit only on vinly! LOL I kind of moved on and never bothered upgrading to CD.

Must dig out the old album and see if my record player still works. Long way to the Top is probably my all time favourite Acca Dacca song.

Now where the f#ck am I?

So how does my love of the Communards and Bronski Beat sit in this conversation?

Edgey
    It sits comfortably alongside your love of Thrivers, Gaybrids, PING K15 shovels & Lovett wedges.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thirded.

Back in Black was probably the best of the post Bon Scott albums but their best work was when he was alive. Post Bon Scott the music was Ok up until about 1988 when they released Blow Up Your Video with lame songs like Heatseeker & That's the Way I Wanna Rock 'n' Roll.

I kind of went off them after that. I still own TNT but I have to admit only on vinly! LOL I kind of moved on and never bothered upgrading to CD.

Must dig out the old album and see if my record player still works. Long way to the Top is probably my all time favourite Acca Dacca song.
    Long way to the Top should be the pub band anthem. The lyrics are so true to life, the riff is Malcolms best work, and the duelling guitar/bagpipe solo in the middle is brilliant. INobody would have thought you could put bagpipes in a rock song, but they pulled it off.

Long way to the Top should be the pub band anthem. The lyrics are so true to life, the riff is Malcolms best work, and the duelling guitar/bagpipe solo in the middle is brilliant. INobody would have thought you could put bagpipes in a rock song, but they pulled it off.
    Agreed it is brilliant!

I think it is fitting that this thread, dedicated to our greatest Aussie poster (no slight on Oldplayer or Rooboy intended), has turned into a discussion about Aussies greatest ever rock band.

For those who don't own this album crank up the volume and check out this link. Thank god for Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxP9fOMLE_8

Still sounds brilliant after all these years!

Now where the f#ck am I?

music does sound far better through vinyl... this should be an undoubted fact..

you cant beat the sound of jimmy sommerville screeching "dont leave me this way" on 12" ha ha

Great landmark track for them with some interesting shots of the city of Melbourne over 20 years ago. This track was more commomly known by Aussies as "A long way to the shop if you want a salad roll'.

Great landmark track for them with some interesting shots of the city of Melbourne over 20 years ago. This track was more commomly known by Aussies as "A long way to the shop if you want a salad roll'.
    At the risk of being accused of lyric Nazism don't you mean "A long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll"?

Or did you edit it intentionally in deference to our greatest vegan poster NAH?

Now where the f#ck am I?

At the risk of being accused of lyric Nazism don't you mean "A long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll"?

No, salad roll. Evidence again of the subtle yet many differences between kiwiland and oz.

No, salad roll. Evidence again of the subtle yet many differences between kiwiland and oz.
    Your honor I present in evidence the lyrics in full. May I please ask the witness to read out loud to the court the second line of the chorus. Does the word sausage or salad appear in that sentence?

Walkin' down the highway
    Goin' to the shops
    Stopping on my way
    Playin' in the park
    Gettin' robbed
    Gettin' stoned
    Gettin' beat up
    Broken boned
    Gettin' had
    Gettin' took
    I tell you friends,
    It's harder than it looks

It's a long way to the shop
    If you wanna sausage roll
    If you think it's easy eatin' all your food
    Try goin' without a sausage roll

No food, no food
    Make you wanna cry
    Lady don't sell none
    Don't know the reason why
    Gettin' hungry
    Gettin' pains
    Gettin' told off
    Under-fed
    Gettin' pissed off
    Scavenging
    That's how it goes
    Having no food

If you wanna eat tonight
    Look out it's dark all right
    If yoou wanna sausage roll

Now where the f#ck am I?

Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap is also a favourite of mine but since we're discussing parodies of great rock n roll songs by AC DC check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRE9qOgbug

Now where the f#ck am I?

Alright Kiwi, have it your way.
    You are a pedant of the highest order.

Don't know where you got those lyrics from anyway. Probably made them up.
    Just because the All blacks rarely concede defeat dosen't mean you have to follow suit.

Dirty Deeds done Dirt Cheap is also a favourite of mine but since we're discussing parodies of great rock n roll songs by AC DC check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRE9qOgbug
    I'll pay that one Kiwi. Well done.

Alright Kiwi, have it your way.
    You are a pedant of the highest order.

Don't know where you got those lyrics from anyway. Probably made them up.
    Just because the All blacks rarely concede defeat dosen't mean you have to follow suit.
    LOL - come on OP, let's discuss this in a civilised manner and not resort to cheap personal insults.

Let's apply a little common sense and logic to this discussion. Think about it for a moment. Would you walk a long way to the shop for a freaking SALAD roll???

No of course you wouldn't. Hell I wouldn't even cross the street for a salad roll. But a sausage roll? Now you're talking - damn right I would!

Now where the f#ck am I?

LOL - come on OP, let's discuss this in a civilised manner and not resort to cheap personal insults.

Let's apply a little common sense and logic to this discussion. Think about it for a moment. Would you walk a long way to the shop for a freaking SALAD roll???

No of course you wouldn't. Hell I wouldn't even cross the street for a salad roll. But a sausage roll? Now you're talking - damn right I would!
    That's a bit rich Kiwi. This is GR after all.
    Perhaps you are right though. Two such reasonable Antipodeans could set the example for change.

Still dosen't seem right though. Sense and logic are more suited to pillowtalk.

That's a bit rich Kiwi. This is GR after all.
    Perhaps you are right though. Two such reasonable Antipodeans could set the example for change.

Still dosen't seem right though. Sense and logic are more suited to pillowtalk.
    I'm just disappointed I couldn't find the song on Youtube like the Dirty Deeds parody. I'm positive I've heard it played.

Now where the f#ck am I?

What the hell js a salad roll? Or a sausage roll for that matter. Anyhow, if you haven't listened to the "Highway to Hell" album in a while, "If you want blood" is my all time favorite AC/DC song. "Shot down in flames" is another one that should have been a huge hit.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

What the hell js a salad roll? Or a sausage roll for that matter. Anyhow, if you haven't listened to the "Highway to Hell" album in a while, "If you want blood" is my all time favorite AC/DC song. "Shot down in flames" is another one that should have been a huge hit.
    A salad roll is something a vegan eats because he can't eat a sausage roll. A sausage roll is a piece of the greasiest, fattiest offcuts of meat left on the butchers floor that he mops up rolls into mince and sends to the baker who wraps it in an equally greasy roll of pastry and bakes it to crispy perfection. British cuisine at it's finest handed down to the British colonies Aussie & NZ. Great hangover food and oh so visually appealing. Check out the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sm...sage_rolls.jpg

Now where the f#ck am I?

Kiwi, as much as it hurts to go against a fellow Aussie, i believe you are correct with the "sausage roll" version. Certainly how i was taught to sing it as a lad..... I can't believe no-one has mentioned that ac/dc classic "sink the pink", and at one stage(mostly when i was pissed!!!) i thought that the opening rift of thunderstruck was going to be up there with sweet child o mine!
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Highway to hell is beastly.

My favorite tailgating song is Thunderstruck. We crank it before we go into the stadium and chug every time they say thunder. As it requires a minimum of 16 oz to finish the song , we have so cleverly deemed it: Sixteen-Ounces-Of-Thunder.

My team (VT) also happens to have about the best football entrance music possible...Enter Sandman...The place goes nuts. Tune in to ESPN tomorrow night at 7:30 EST and watch the frenzy. I'll be there.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Highway to hell is beastly.

My favorite tailgating song is Thunderstruck. We crank it before we go into the stadium and chug every time they say thunder. As it requires a minimum of 16 oz to finish the song , we have so cleverly deemed it: Sixteen-Ounces-Of-Thunder.

My team (VT) also happens to have about the best football entrance music possible...Enter Sandman...The place goes nuts. Tune in to ESPN tomorrow night at 7:30 EST and watch the frenzy. I'll be there.
    A Chokies fan, eh? I went to ECU, before the team went out if the field, they would play the intro to Iron Maiden's "Wasted Years"(awesome song), then as the team busted out of the tunnel "Purple Haze" would play as the cannons went off with blasts of purple smoke. It was awesome. They've schmaltzed it all up now.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Kiwi, as much as it hurts to go against a fellow Aussie, i believe you are correct with the "sausage roll" version. Certainly how i was taught to sing it as a lad..... I can't believe no-one has mentioned that ac/dc classic "sink the pink", and at one stage(mostly when i was pissed!!!) i thought that the opening rift of thunderstruck was going to be up there with sweet child o mine!
    Missed your thunderstruck comment.

Did you ever see Maximum Overdrive? Sweet soundtrack.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

A Chokies fan, eh? I went to ECU, before the team went out if the field, they would play the intro to Iron Maiden's "Wasted Years"(awesome song), then as the team busted out of the tunnel "Purple Haze" would play as the cannons went off with blasts of purple smoke. It was awesome. They've schmaltzed it all up now.
    I went to the VT vs. ECU Thursday night game last year. Its weird how the players just hang around outside of the stadium with fans after the game, its almost high school like (yet ECU is a pretty big school). Their women are pretty top notch, also.

I was saying "turn it over" to bring back the memories of playing records when I was in 5th grade. If you had any intelligence you'd understand that. You don't have a clue as to what the best AC/DC songs are. Back in Black is their best album. You're just trying to be cool because you think any replacement singer couldn't be as good as the original. Wrong in this case.
    And you need to buy a sense of humor and a big cup of lighten the fukk up.

You've got the sandiest vagina I've ever seen on a forum.

Also, I have over 800 vinyl albums.

They just aren't worth a damm for listening to in the car.

So I have over 225gb/53,000 digital audio tracks as well. I've duplicated all my vinyl into digital for portability and to have a back up. Lossless formats can do a pretty great job of maintaining the fidelity of the original recordings.

Plus I've never had an mp3 player chew up a tape.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Missed your thunderstruck comment.

Did you ever see Maximum Overdrive? Sweet soundtrack.

is that the 80s film with emilio, where all the electronics in the town turn evil.... with the big green truck as the ring leader...?

cue FD with some lame comment about TOXIC AVENGER.....

And you need to buy a sense of humor and a big cup of lighten the fukk up.

You've got the sandiest vagina I've ever seen on a forum.
    Yaz, every time I fire back you think I'm mad. I get the humor, I was joking back at you. The trucks that came alive was called Maximum Overdrive, a Steven King short story that never should have been made into a movie. I wonder if Emilio likes hookers like Charlie.

Yaz, every time I fire back you think I'm mad. I get the humor, I was joking back at you. The trucks that came alive was called Maximum Overdrive, a Steven King short story that never should have been made into a movie. I wonder if Emilio likes hookers like Charlie.
    Emilio can't get arrested in Hollywood nowadays. Charlie obviously doesn't have that problem figuratively or literally.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Also, I have over 800 vinyl albums.

They just aren't worth a damm for listening to in the car.

So I have over 225gb/53,000 digital audio tracks as well. I've duplicated all my vinyl into digital for portability and to have a back up. Lossless formats can do a pretty great job of maintaining the fidelity of the original recordings.

Plus I've never had an mp3 player chew up a tape.
    ... or become a scratched record!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Emilio can't get arrested in Hollywood nowadays. Charlie obviously doesn't have that problem figuratively or literally.
    Charlie just needs the company of a good woman to settle him down.......I'm going to introduce him to my friend Amy Weinhouse, or possibly Paris Hilton.......

In NSW it was defintiely 'sausage' roll. I remember cause I was a very young kid in primary school when it came out and sang it all the time.

'A touch too much' is my favourite song from that album.

A salad roll is something a vegan eats because he can't eat a sausage roll. A sausage roll is a piece of the greasiest, fattiest offcuts of meat left on the butchers floor that he mops up rolls into mince and sends to the baker who wraps it in an equally greasy roll of pastry and bakes it to crispy perfection. British cuisine at it's finest handed down to the British colonies Aussie & NZ. Great hangover food and oh so visually appealing. Check out the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sm...sage_rolls.jpg
    Kiwi, I think you will find that a sausage roll is about 90% 'filler' which could mean anything from bread crumbs to saw dust. Sausage rolls are probably very close to at least vegetarian. The key to a sausage roll is the pastry, not the saausage. I make my own sausage rolls at home. I just wrap vegan sausages in puff pastry and throw em in the oven. Drowned in fountain tomato sauce, it's close to my favourite snack or finger food.

Thread Information