|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

FD vs big Dave rematch video

It's Sunday night and I've just finished reviewing all the clips... it took the electronics a full day to download them from camcorder onto Mac, lots of high def data... color great, some accidentally great camera work from FD, as well as enjoyable commentary, spectacular golf course..

now I have to catch a plane tomorrow at 6 am, won't be back 'til Tuesday morning.. then I'll get to work on it..

FD is cleared by me to do the 'reveal' if he chooses on account of my lateness with this project.. I'll check in when I return, and the video will be done asap whether he's revealed match results or has kept it to himself...

great day, great company as always, and a golf course I wish I lived closer to.. for less than $60 (on a weekday at least) you get green fee, cart, a real breakfast AND a real lunch... Star Ranch, Hutto, TX... off Toll Road 130 just east of Round Rock...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    It's Sunday night and I've just finished reviewing all the clips... it took the electronics a full day to download them from camcorder onto Mac, lots of high def data... color great, some accidentally great camera work from FD, as well as enjoyable commentary, spectacular golf course..

now I have to catch a plane tomorrow at 6 am, won't be back 'til Tuesday morning.. then I'll get to work on it..

FD is cleared by me to do the 'reveal' if he chooses on account of my lateness with this project.. I'll check in when I return, and the video will be done asap whether he's revealed match results or has kept it to himself...

great day, great company as always, and a golf course I wish I lived closer to.. for less than $60 (on a weekday at least) you get green fee, cart, a real breakfast AND a real lunch... Star Ranch, Hutto, TX... off Toll Road 130 just east of Round Rock...
    sorry dave, but this might be your worst thread ever...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    sorry dave, but this might be your worst thread ever...
    So you are assuming that instead of posting the video on this thread, he is going start a separate thread. Safe bet. You are wise beyond your years, Pinger.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Am i supposed to believe there is some kind of standard in place here?

:-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Am i supposed to believe there is some kind of standard in place here?

:-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I think redundancy is becoming a habit for you, Dave.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I think redundancy is becoming a habit for you, Dave.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Double-standard is the norm here

Can we not just be told the result, i am beginning to lose the will to live!!

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey

Edgey
    No, you have to watch the video. Patience is a virtue, even for the English.

Quote Originally Posted by edgey

Edgey
    No, patince is virtue double ditto.

this vid better be the shits dave....

FD, were you using your own equip this time?

Dave, feel free to just put the rough copy unedited up here. We don't care about how clean it looks, just the damn outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BURNDOG
    this vid better be the shits dave....

FD, were you using your own equip this time?
    Yes, I was using my own equipment. I also used a caddy that day that I found at a local Walmart. See Photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2051.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	2518  
    Last edited by famousdavis; 11-02-2010 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Yes, I was using my own equipment. I also used a caddy that day that I found at a local Walmart. See Photo.
    Is that the sales clerk who sold you your clubs? I didn't know you had decided to play Powerbilt TPS 6.0 irons in the rematch.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Is that the sales clerk who sold you your clubs? I didn't know you had decided to play Powerbilt TPS 6.0 irons in the rematch.
    I tried to get him to talk but all he could tell me was that his name was Chaka. During the round I heard him mumble a few times about pylons and sleestaks. I couldn't make any sense of it myself.

I am back at the desk and working on it now... nothing fancy, I promise..

in fact I feel like starting another thread about what I'm doing.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I am back at the desk and working on it now... nothing fancy, I promise..

in fact I feel like starting another thread about what I'm doing.
    This is really getting long in the tooth. Post the score and get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    This is really getting long in the tooth. Post the score and get on with it.
    Americans have straight teeth so that doesn't apply here.

Americans have straight teeth so that doesn't apply here.
    long in the tooth = old

Don't be obtuse FD.

Since Dave is still putting video together I thought I'd provide some pre-game entertainment. I woke up in my hotel room, Courtyard Marriot at approximately 6:15AM. I then showered without shaving and it took longer than I thought to pack and make sure that I left nothing in the hotel room.

I then proceeded to a McDonalds across the highway. I ordered the #2 meal consisting of a sausage mcmuffin with egg, hashbrown and large coffee (with 5 creams). I had most of it finished by the time I got on the highway, about 200 yards away. I'm a fast eater and I also like fast cars and fast women.

It was pitch dark and I drove while the fast food struggled in my nervous stomach. I arrived at the course at approximately 6:45am and found Dave standing next to his SUV in the parking lot. He was wearing all black. We grabbed our stuff and went inside to sit down in the dining room and waited until dawn.

Stay tuned for more excitement and pre game action....

Since Dave is still putting video together I thought I'd provide some pre-game entertainment. I woke up in my hotel room, Courtyard Marriot at approximately 6:15AM. I then showered without shaving and it took longer than I thought to pack and make sure that I left nothing in the hotel room.

I then proceeded to a McDonalds across the highway. I ordered the #2 meal consisting of a sausage mcmuffin with egg, hashbrown and large coffee (with 5 creams). I had most of it finished by the time I got on the highway, about 200 yards away. I'm a fast eater and I also like fast cars and fast women.

It was pitch dark and I drove while the fast food struggled in my nervous stomach. I arrived at the course at approximately 6:45am and found Dave standing next to his SUV in the parking lot. He was wearing all black. We grabbed our stuff and went inside to sit down in the dining room and waited until dawn.

Stay tuned for more excitement and pre game action....
    5 creams? Wow.. I see the queers in California have taught you how to drink coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    5 creams? Wow.. I see the queers in California have taught you how to drink coffee
    I see you are of the mentality that your masculinity is directly connected to eating and drinking things that taste bad in order to look manly and tough. You probably drink really dark beer (even though you secretly hate it) and drink your coffee black so you can act like a tough CIA operative on a stakeout. Undoubtedly, you play Mizuno GFF forged irons.

When you guys dirnk it in a glass, do you still call it cream or do you just call it regular old milk? Personally I like my coffee black and strong, the way Sooner likes his female tennis players.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    When you guys dirnk it in a glass, do you still call it cream or do you just call it regular old milk? Personally I like my coffee black and strong, the way Sooner likes his female tennis players.
    We use half & half for cream. I don't use regular milk, 2% or 1% for coffee. I don't like sugar in coffee but I must have the cream. I like my coffee a lighter brown, like the oriental ladies I so covet.

We use half & half for cream. I don't use regular milk, 2% or 1% for coffee. I don't like sugar in coffee but I must have the cream. I like my coffee a lighter brown, like the oriental ladies I so covet.
    You'll grow out of it. I went through the Asian obsession in my late 20s and early 30s. I was at the stage where I would hardly look at a non Asian. I had a couple of Japanese girl friends, a chinese, a Korean and a Malaysian. I found that for all the chemical attraction, the cultural differences were too great for a long term thing. I probably could have settled down with an Asian woman born and raised here, but it worked out I settled down with an anglo Aussie. I must admit that the Asian women were definitely less demanding than western women. They came from cultures where women were oppressed and didn't expect everything like western women and were far more understanding of a man's need to play golf and go out drinking with the boys.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I prefer light beer to dark, as I've yet to find a dark beer I like. Guiness is only drank on St Patricks Day along with Baileys and Jameson. Light beer of choice is a British Ale called Boddingtons Pub Ale. Hands down one of the best beers I've ever had.

My coffee has one half and half container, two sugars. 5 creams would be a pale white coffee flavored milk. No thanks. I prefer Latin Women tan coffee.

I prefer light beer to dark, as I've yet to find a dark beer I like. Guiness is only drank on St Patricks Day along with Baileys and Jameson. Light beer of choice is a British Ale called Boddingtons Pub Ale. Hands down one of the best beers I've ever had.

My coffee has one half and half container, two sugars. 5 creams would be a pale white coffee flavored milk. No thanks. I prefer Latin Women tan coffee.
    Fat Tire is the best beer I have ever had.

Big fan of any IPA, Dogfish head is good... I hate beer that tastes like flowers, like blue moon. But seeing how I don't make a bunch of money and 24 pack of Budweiser usually hits the spot...
    Golf

Quote Originally Posted by qtong
    Big fan of any IPA, Dogfish head is good... I hate beer that tastes like flowers, like blue moon. But seeing how I don't make a bunch of money and 24 pack of Budweiser usually hits the spot...
    24 Pack of Bud? I man drink like that and don't eat? He is going to die!

You'll grow out of it. I went through the Asian obsession in my late 20s and early 30s. I was at the stage where I would hardly look at a non Asian. I had a couple of Japanese girl friends, a chinese, a Korean and a Malaysian. I found that for all the chemical attraction, the cultural differences were too great for a long term thing. I probably could have settled down with an Asian woman born and raised here, but it worked out I settled down with an anglo Aussie. I must admit that the Asian women were definitely less demanding than western women. They came from cultures where women were oppressed and didn't expect everything like western women and were far more understanding of a man's need to play golf and go out drinking with the boys.
    What did the Korean one do to trigger your rabid loathing of Koreans that you still harbour to this day?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Fat Tire is a good beer. Have to agree. Me and a buddy brewed up about 185 gallons a few years ago and it was GREAT!!!! We figured it ran around 8% alcohol and tasted great. Nice smooth ale with some bite. Not he fat tire but our own homebrew.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

24 Pack of Bud? I man drink like that and don't eat? He is going to die!
    I've come close..
    Golf

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    What did the Korean one do to trigger your rabid loathing of Koreans that you still harbour to this day?
    I have absolutely no problems with Koreans whatsoever. As long as they stay the fuk off any golf course I happen to be playing.

Dave and I then went into the pro shop to check in. They were having a sale on premium golf shorts for 60% off. Not bad. We went to the range in near darkness where they had a practice chipping area, sand traps, the works. All part of the green fee. The first few balls i hit I couldn't tell where they were going.

Stay tuned>..

Dave and I then went into the pro shop to check in. They were having a sale on premium golf shorts for 60% off. Not bad. We went to the range in near darkness where they had a practice chipping area, sand traps, the works. All part of the green fee. The first few balls i hit I couldn't tell where they were going.

Stay tuned>..
    Pings aren't known for their feedback.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Bud heavy is a meal in itself after a few of them.

Stay tuned>..
    I'm assuming you are talking cargos. They are the only style that could be considered premium on GR.

do you americans / aussies get stella artois over there?

Damn right!!! Well we do in Kiwi land. Overpriced and slightly overrated if you ask me. Also known as the girlfriend/wife beating beer. Apparently it has that effect on some kiwi males???

I don't mind it but it would be at the back the queue compared to say Steinlager Pure (NZ), Becks, Grolsch, Carlsberg, Peroni but it would be ahead of Heineken, another overrated drop IMHO.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Listen Burndog, don't get Kiwi started on a beer thread. One of his favorite threadjack subjects. After rugby of course.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Yep, we get Stella here in the states as well BD. I agree with Kiwi's assessment of it. It's decent but they are overpriced.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

cant belive you'd take a peroni or a carlsberg over a stella... bad drills....

When I lived in Belgium, they used to enjoy a laugh over how Americans bought Stella as an exotic Euro beer.. Belgians generally think of Stella and Maes like Americans think of Budweiser and Coors.. not exactly 'special'... just something to get knackered on...

In New York, a Stella costs $10 in a nightclub.. a source of endless amusement in Brussels.. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

$10 U.S, wow thats like 87 pence or something isnt it... thats cheap.. ; )

less talk of beer, more video edit dammit

cheers

BD

Dave, can you provide an estimate of what time you'll be done with the video? If it's not going to be done today I'll start giving a play by play witht he first hole. Otherwise I'll wait. Thanks my brotha'.

When I lived in Belgium, they used to enjoy a laugh over how Americans bought Stella as an exotic Euro beer.. Belgians generally think of Stella and Maes like Americans think of Budweiser and Coors.. not exactly 'special'... just something to get knackered on...

In New York, a Stella costs $10 in a nightclub.. a source of endless amusement in Brussels.. :-)
    Yeah I think Belgium beer in general is overpriced and overrated. All that wheat beer and cheery beer bollocks. We have Belgium bars here in NZ, very posy, expensive joints and just pouring a beer is like some sort of ceremonial occasion. First they wash the glass (you mean it wasn't clean already?), then they pour the beer, then they comb the froth off the top, then they dip the glass in water again!

Meanwhile I'm on the other side of the bar dying of thirst! Just give me the freaking beer FFS!!!!

Total pretentious BS!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Video now complete and rendering in computer... Will be uploaded by tonite... Probably about tem pm central us time... Asap at any rate. Too much like work, but i enjoy the work.. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I like my coffee like I like my women, too . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Hell, I've been off this site for about a week, who won the phucking match already?

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Hell, I've been off this site for about a week, who won the phucking match already?

You can wait like all the rest... :-). Tonite it will be up...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I like my coffee like I like my women, too . . . .
    French pressed?

You can wait like all the rest... :-). Tonite it will be up...
    A line I'm sure Mrs. Dave P has heard for years. This video better be worth it man, the anticipation has been rough

A line I'm sure Mrs. Dave P has heard for years. This video better be worth it man, the anticipation has been rough
    I am certain it will give great pleasure to many... :-)

.... which is something else she's heard for years..
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Thread Information