|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The golf thread about nothing

Do you ever see someone practicing their putting prior to teeing off and they are getting mad at missed putts? Seems odd.
    Last edited by famousdavis; 11-02-2010 at 06:53 AM.

Drinking and driving....what's up with that?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Drinking and driving....what's up with that?
    I know, it doesn't make any sense because most people aren't actually drinking while they are driving. Most people have several drinks and then drive later on. Why don't they call it Driving after Drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I know, it doesn't make any sense because most people aren't actually drinking while they are driving. Most people have several drinks and then drive later on. Why don't they call it Driving after Drinking?
    Exactly. I think "The drunk driver" would be a good name for a golf club. With extremely high MOI and giant sweet spot that you can hit even when you're trashed. The TaylorMade Drunk Driver with Drunk Tech Stability or "the DT'S."
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

I think "Hope Springs Eternal" would be a great name for a driver, specifically for people who continually change clubs instead of learning a repeatable swing.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

Suggestions for new driver names & technology
    How about: Yotta --- Its the largest unit of measure prefix, it sounds like a high end import, and it might remind Star War's fans of Yoda.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    How about: Yotta --- Its the largest unit of measure prefix, it sounds like a high end import, and it might remind Star War's fans of Yoda.
    Callaway Driver: The Zeppelin. This would be oval in shape and would have a digital device inside the driver that is triggered by motion. Upon being swung the driver would play one of many Led Zep tunes. It's time that Callaway came out with another airship-named driver. The C4 failed.

Variable Flex Control --- VFC ---- You crank on an allen wrench at the top of the grip to change the stiffness of your shaft to suit your swing.

Helium Injected Golf Shafts --- Helium is much lighter than air, and helium filled golf shafts may increase swing speeds by several mph.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Callaway Driver: The Zeppelin. This would be oval in shape and would have a digital device inside the driver that is triggered by motion. Upon being swung the driver would play one of many Led Zep tunes. It's time that Callaway came out with another airship-named driver. The C4 failed.
    Working on my other theme, we could fill the Zeppelin up with hydrogen. Hydrogen is twice as light as helium. The ball would literally explode off the club face.

Don't Powerbilt already make drivers with some of the features you guys are suggesting?

They already have the nitrogen driver, helium and hydrogen must be just around the corner.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Don't Powerbilt already make drivers with some of the features you guys are suggesting?

They already have the nitrogen driver, helium and hydrogen must be just around the corner.
    I prefer to have my driver shafts filled with either swill or rodent feces......
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

How about a hemp driver? You play 18 holes with it and then use it as a bong to get stoned to the bejesus.

How about a hemp driver? You play 18 holes with it and then use it as a bong to get stoned to the bejesus.
    That's a great idea but what if you want to get stoned to the bejesus BEFORE the round? I guess you could always carry two drivers, just like Phil Mickelson.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

That's a great idea but what if you want to get stoned to the bejesus BEFORE the round? I guess you could always carry two drivers, just like Phil Mickelson.
    I think if you got stoned before the round you wouldn't feel like playing golf anymore.

Straight Flight Technology, then again that may have been done
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

This got me thinking about what would be the best name for a top PGA tour player. I've come up with a few:

Johnny Fairway

Elliott Everpar

Driver McGuillicutty

You could also play that driver with Carl's grass. Match made in heaven.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

My model would be The Final Solution. If you are behind on the last hole of a match, simply pop off the end of the grip after teeing off, press the red button, toss the club towards your opponents, and run like hell. A dense cloud of Zyklon B will be emitted from hidden pores in the 460 cc head and, since none of your opponents will finish their rounds, you will win. Every time.

Can anybody come up with a better named driver than "THE HAMMER"?
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Can anybody come up with a better named driver than "THE HAMMER"?
    The Hammer Part Deuche

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Exactly. I think "The drunk driver" would be a good name for a golf club. With extremely high MOI and giant sweet spot that you can hit even when you're trashed. The TaylorMade Drunk Driver with Drunk Tech Stability or "the DT'S."
    The drunk driver, sounds out of control, angry and dangerous. I like it.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information