|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: 2010 GR Awards

2010 GR Awards

Since I'm relatively new to this forum, I'm not sure if this is something you do every year but I thought I'd throw out a couple of nominations:

Club Ho' of the Year (Old Player, Edgey, Famousdavis, MWard, SoonerBS)

Most likely to put up a good argument (Lorenzo, Dave Perkins, Alanbaker, OP, NAH, Sooner, Spank, LarryRSF)

Most dedicated GFF Player (Kiwi Player, SoonerBS, Old Player, can't think of any others)

That's all I could think of.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Since I'm relatively new to this forum, I'm not sure if this is something you do every year but I thought I'd throw out a couple of nominations:

Most likely to put up a good argument (Lorenzo, Dave Perkins, Alanbaker, OP, NAH, Sooner, Spank, LarryRSF)

Most dedicated GFF Player (Kiwi Player, SoonerBS, Old Player, can't think of any others)

Only person to get banned - Teesssee.

I think Larry was making a strong showing to dethrone Spank as MVP, but you can't discount Lorenzo with his new appointment as king, and you can't leave NaH out of the conversation with his impressive post count.
    I think Mongrel is the frontrunner for rookie of the year although QThong and Yaz are making a pretty strong last minute surge.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

If qtong beats me tomorrow, he's definitely up for ROTY... he doesn't just deal the sheite in print, he delivers on the course under pressure...

thats IF he wins.. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I think Larry was making a strong showing to dethrone Spank as MVP, but you can't discount Lorenzo with his new appointment as king, and you can't leave NaH out of the conversation with his impressive post count.
    I think Mongrel is the frontrunner for rookie of the year although QThong and Yaz are making a pretty strong last minute surge.
    I have to agree that the biggest moment of the year was Zo's appointment as King of GR. There can be no higher honour bestowed on a GR member than that.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    If qtong beats me tomorrow, he's definitely up for ROTY... he doesn't just deal the sheite in print, he delivers on the course under pressure...

thats IF he wins.. :-)
    I nominate FD for ROTY. Though he might be up for a lifetime achievement award for his review section contributions...he's just a boy in the forum section.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Some other categories to consider:

1-Worst Dressed

2-Most Fred3 responses

3-Best Farewell speech from a guy who doesn't leave

4-Most likely to stop posting because his football team is sucking
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I nominate Nemo for comeback player of the year... Still masturbating with three casts and a horrible brain injury (just guessing about the brain injury, but it would explain a lot)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I have to agree that the biggest moment of the year was Zo's appointment as King of GR. There can be no higher honour bestowed on a GR member than that.
    Brimming with pride over being appointed king, I began to wonder if my s.hit no longer stinks. Much to my chagrin I've found that it does.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Brimming with pride over being appointed king, I began to wonder if my s.hit no longer stinks. Much to my chagrin I've found that it does.
    That's only because you made a self assesment. Ask your subjects, or especially your pissboy DM, and I'm sure you will find out that your crap now smells like perfumed roses.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Some other categories to consider:

1-Worst Dressed

2-Most Fred3 responses

3-Best Farewell speech from a guy who doesn't leave

4-Most likely to stop posting because his football team is sucking
    Should I help the newbs by answering these vexing questions or let people think for themselves? Actually they aren't really that vexing as there are entire threads (and even usernames) devoted to some of these topics. Although if I have my calendar right question number 3 has at least two prominent members springing to mind.

What do you mean? I only bought two irons sets this week and one driver last week. Bought some Golden Ram Tom Watson grind oldschool square toe blades in good nick and some mint condition original (endo forged) nike blades. Oh and a cobra S2 driver last week. New for $119. It was ok but still could not kick the 905r out of the bag.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    What do you mean? I only bought two irons sets this week and one driver last week. Bought some Golden Ram Tom Watson grind oldschool square toe blades in good nick and some mint condition original (endo forged) nike blades. Oh and a cobra S2 driver last week. New for $119. It was ok but still could not kick the 905r out of the bag.
    This month I purchased 3 sets of irons, one driver, a zebra putter, a set of ping fairway woods, a ping hoofer bag, 19 new decade grips. I may have you beat Santa. Ho ho ho P.s I demoed the s2 a couple weeks ago, and a Titleist 907 and 910, or was it a 909. I was not impressed any of these.
    Last edited by 12sandwich; 11-23-2010 at 04:34 AM.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

This year:
    An entire set of sweet ass 690 mb's from FD that are being reshafted with X100's during Christmas time.
    Sent a shaft to Nike to have a Str8fit tip put on it. Sold that driver 4 months later.
    Reshafted my 3 and 5 wood with two other shafts laying around.
    Bought an entirely new driver, sold the shaft with the str8fit tip on it. Basically bought the new driver for 80 bucks.
    Bent my SW to 54, tried the 54/60 combo. Didn't like the bounce, had it re-bent, bought a 58 and went to a 52/58 combo. Like this more.
    Have bounced between three putters, one of them is an ugly Rife putter that helps when the stroke gets off.

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    This month I purchased 3 sets of irons, one driver, a zebra putter, a set of ping fairway woods, a ping hoofer bag, 19 new decade grips. I may have you beat Santa. Ho ho ho P.s I demoed the s2 a couple weeks ago, and a Titleist 907 and 910, or was it a 909. I was not impressed any of these.
    Last 30 days Ping i5 irons, Taylormade X-300 irons, Callaway FT-iZ Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 3 wood, Odyssey Black Tour Design putter, Ping G15 Graphite irons (bought them just to flip them).

Is there a "lifetime achievement award" for, at various times, being able to needle, razz, and get under the skin of Spank (and his numerous aliases) , NAH, Lorenzo, Famousdavis, Stroke Guru, Mr. 3 Wiggles, Theidioticbizarre, Benguk, TheMaster, Omelettepants, Besson/Montagle, and other various characters in the history of this board?

Spank, as the unofficial historian of GR, help me here. Who am I leaving out? (Remember, your alter egos do not merit separate attention here)

My heartfelt apologies if I have razzed and/or annoyed you and forgotten to mention your name on this veritable pantheon of lofty GR achievers.
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

hmm in terms of equipment i dont really consider myself a hoe, usually i find what i like and play it forever (or at least that model, i mean equipment does wear out) but this year i might win (although this is a typical year... lot of trying stuff but ususally stick to what i like)

idk if i can even be nominated for this award since i get all my stuff free but here's what i've received in terms of equipment this year

we'll do irons first since they have changed the least : started the year with Miura Retro Blades then went to the Taylormade TP MB but had to change again cause of the square grooves so i got in some Taylormade R9 TP's hit them literally 20 shots on the range and sent em back (just didn't like em not a CB fan, and didnt like the feel) so i talked to my friend and at the end of Feb got him to hook me up with the Tour Issue Titleist 695.MB's i currently play, supposed to be trying the new Blade TM just brought out i'm actually waiting on the set now, but i doubt i'll bag em i just like the 695's too much

Shafts in the irons started the year with Project X 6.5 hardstepped once, went to KBS tours and they are still in the Miura's got the TP MB's and requested they be shafted with X100's didnt really like the trajectory it was ok but i decided to go back to the PX 6.5's got the R9 TP's in with 6.5's got the Titleist with X100's switched them after 5 shots to the Nippons (1150 Tours X) and have been playing those since Feb

Driver actually changed the least in terms of times changed but the most drastic change in terms of equipment : Started the year with a original R9 TP 8.5* with a Fujikura Motore F1 proto, in apx July i switched the the R9 Supertri 10.5* with a Fujikura Motore Speeder, then tried a Rombax, and finally went back to the Motore F1 Proto... the reason for the change in loft is so i could hit down on the driver with forward shaft lean and hit it the same distance if i tried to hit the 8.5 with any kind of descending angle of attack it wouldnt get very high at all... it's a swing thing really before i was hitting up trying to get a little extra outta it not instead of hitting it 315 and everywhere on the course, i'm hitting it 290-300 and pretty much not missing a FW

3 wood went from a NIKE SQ2 15* with Diamana BB to a Fubuki and then to a Maxtrix (F6M4 or something like that) then in about May i switched to a R9 TP 3 wood got this right the first time in terms of shaft and it has the same Proto in it, really like this club a lot...

used to not carry a hybrid : now Taylormade Rescue TP 19* with a Fujikura E270HB... now this shaft story is kinda interesting, i started by putting a Diamana THUMP in it, didnt really get a good ball flight too high and all, so i switched to a Fujikura Motore F1, ballflight was better but still not what i was looking for, after a couple more Fujikura shafts i just wasn't content so i noticed we had the E270HB in stock and i got an idea i took the S flex shaft adn tipped it something like 3-4 inches (which is a crazy amount for a 19* hybrid) and got it to the flex of XX (what i play in my driver and 3 wood) ballflight came down since the whole bend profile of the shaft was changed..

Dropped a 5 wood but went through 2 shaft changes before that

had Cleveland TA 900 60* and TA 588 53* (bent 52*) and 56*, switched to Miuras with KBS Tour Black shafts, then switched again to Taylormade TP XFT but i dropped the 56 so i carry 52* and 58* in these, both with TTDG s400's, again not too happy with the shafts only thing i'm still really looking for...

Putter has pretty much stayed the same Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 with Iomic Small grip, played a couple rounds with a few different putter for fun adn when the shaft was broken on it others included TM Spider, Rife 2 Bar Proto, TM TP Kia Ma, and a Rife Aussie Blade...

Grips went from Tour Velvet cords, to NDMC's, to Iomics, to DD2's, and now the NDMC's on the driver woods hybrid and wedges, with Tourvelvet BCT cords on the irons

so clubs i have had this year

Miura Retro Blades
    TM TP MB
    TM R9 TP
    Titleist 695.MB
    TM R9 TP
    TM R9 Supertri TP
    NIKE SQ2 15*
    NIKE SQ2 18*
    TM R9 TP 13*
    TM Rescue TP 19*
    SC Newport 2.5
    Rife 2 Bar Proto
    TM Spider
    TM Daytona TP Kia Ma
    Rife Aussie Blade
    Cleveland 900/588 combo wedges
    Miura Wedges
    TM TP XFT wedges

i'm not gonna even list the shafts... oh BTW we are the only dealer of Fujikura Shafts in the area that's how i get my hookup on those...

so current bag
    TM R9 TP Supertri 10.5 Fuji Motore Proto
    TM R9 TP 13* Fuji Motore Proto
    TM Rescue TP 19* E270HB
    Titleist 695.MB's Nippon N.S.PRO 1050GH X
    TM TP XFT 52* 58* S400
    Scotty Newport 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360
    hmm in terms of equipment i dont really consider myself a hoe, usually i find what i like and play it forever (or at least that model, i mean equipment does wear out) but this year i might win (although this is a typical year... lot of trying stuff but ususally stick to what i like)

idk if i can even be nominated for this award since i get all my stuff free but here's what i've received in terms of equipment this year

we'll do irons first since they have changed the least : started the year with Miura Retro Blades then went to the Taylormade TP MB but had to change again cause of the square grooves so i got in some Taylormade R9 TP's hit them literally 20 shots on the range and sent em back (just didn't like em not a CB fan, and didnt like the feel) so i talked to my friend and at the end of Feb got him to hook me up with the Tour Issue Titleist 695.MB's i currently play, supposed to be trying the new Blade TM just brought out i'm actually waiting on the set now, but i doubt i'll bag em i just like the 695's too much

Shafts in the irons started the year with Project X 6.5 hardstepped once, went to KBS tours and they are still in the Miura's got the TP MB's and requested they be shafted with X100's didnt really like the trajectory it was ok but i decided to go back to the PX 6.5's got the R9 TP's in with 6.5's got the Titleist with X100's switched them after 5 shots to the Nippons (1150 Tours X) and have been playing those since Feb

Driver actually changed the least in terms of times changed but the most drastic change in terms of equipment : Started the year with a original R9 TP 8.5* with a Fujikura Motore F1 proto, in apx July i switched the the R9 Supertri 10.5* with a Fujikura Motore Speeder, then tried a Rombax, and finally went back to the Motore F1 Proto... the reason for the change in loft is so i could hit down on the driver with forward shaft lean and hit it the same distance if i tried to hit the 8.5 with any kind of descending angle of attack it wouldnt get very high at all... it's a swing thing really before i was hitting up trying to get a little extra outta it not instead of hitting it 315 and everywhere on the course, i'm hitting it 290-300 and pretty much not missing a FW

3 wood went from a NIKE SQ2 15* with Diamana BB to a Fubuki and then to a Maxtrix (F6M4 or something like that) then in about May i switched to a R9 TP 3 wood got this right the first time in terms of shaft and it has the same Proto in it, really like this club a lot...

used to not carry a hybrid : now Taylormade Rescue TP 19* with a Fujikura E270HB... now this shaft story is kinda interesting, i started by putting a Diamana THUMP in it, didnt really get a good ball flight too high and all, so i switched to a Fujikura Motore F1, ballflight was better but still not what i was looking for, after a couple more Fujikura shafts i just wasn't content so i noticed we had the E270HB in stock and i got an idea i took the S flex shaft adn tipped it something like 3-4 inches (which is a crazy amount for a 19* hybrid) and got it to the flex of XX (what i play in my driver and 3 wood) ballflight came down since the whole bend profile of the shaft was changed..

had Cleveland TA 900 60* and TA 588 53* (bent 52*) and 56*, switched to Miuras with KBS Tour Black shafts, then switched again to Taylormade TP XFT but i dropped the 56 so i carry 52* and 58* in these, both with TTDG s400's, again not too happy with the shafts only thing i'm still really looking for...

Putter has pretty much stayed the same Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 with Iomic Small grip, played a couple rounds with a few different putter for fun adn when the shaft was broken on it others included TM Spider, Rife 2 Bar Proto, TM TP Kia Ma, and a Rife Aussie Blade...

Grips went from Tour Velvet cords, to NDMC's, to Iomics, to DD2's, and now the NDMC's on the driver woods hybrid and wedges, with Tourvelvet BCT cords on the irons

Miura Retro Blades
    TM TP MB
    TM R9 TP
    Titleist 695.MB
    TM R9 TP
    TM R9 Supertri TP
    NIKE SQ2 15*
    NIKE SQ2 18*
    TM R9 TP 13*
    TM Rescue TP 19*
    SC Newport 2.5
    Rife 2 Bar Proto
    TM Spider
    TM Daytona TP Kia Ma
    Rife Aussie Blade
    Miura Wedges
    TM TP XFT wedges

i'm not gonna even list the shafts... oh BTW we are the only dealer of Fujikura Shafts in the area that's how i get my hookup on those...

so current bag
    TM Rescue TP 19* E270HB
    TM TP XFT 52* 58* S400
    Scotty Newport 2.5
    Well, if we're looking at the entire year, this is just from memory:

Callaway 2002 Big Bertha irons
    Wilson Fi5 irons
    Ping Eye 2 Red Dot irons
    Taylormade Super Steel Irons
    Ping G15 Graphite Irons
    Mizuno Comp-EZ irons
    Titleist 990 Irons
    Titleist 695.MB irons
    Ping S59 irons-steel
    Ping S59 irons-graphite
    Ping i5 irons
    Ping i10 irons
    Ping G2 graphite irons
    Callaway X-12 Graphite irons
    Titleist combo irons

Titleist 907 D2 Driver
    Callaway FT-iZ Tour Driver

I can't remember back a whole year.
    You guys are a bunch of hopeless cases.
    Ebay is the best investment Mickelson ever made!!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    Is there a "lifetime achievement award" for, at various times, being able to needle, razz, and get under the skin of Spank (and his numerous aliases) , NAH, Lorenzo, Famousdavis, Stroke Guru, Mr. 3 Wiggles, Theidioticbizarre, Benguk, TheMaster, Omelettepants, Besson/Montagle, and other various characters in the history of this board?

Spank, as the unofficial historian of GR, help me here. Who am I leaving out? (Remember, your alter egos do not merit separate attention here)

My heartfelt apologies if I have razzed and/or annoyed you and forgotten to mention your name on this veritable pantheon of lofty GR achievers.
    Ah....I almost forgot Nifty Niblick.....may he rest in peace.....
    And who could forget the immortal TeeSee, who wanted advice on golf resorts in Viet Nam, but the thread disintegrated into a rehashing of the entire political situation surrounding our war there.....

Add those two names to the ones I have annoyed, vexed, and done my utmost to torment.....

Is there a Moderator of the Year award?
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    Do you have anybody in particular in mind?

Post of the Day!!!

Of course.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Miura Retro Blades
    TM TP MB
    TM R9 TP
    Titleist 695.MB
    TM R9 TP
    TM R9 Supertri TP
    NIKE SQ2 15*
    NIKE SQ2 18*
    TM R9 TP 13*
    TM Rescue TP 19*
    SC Newport 2.5
    Rife 2 Bar Proto
    TM Spider
    TM Daytona TP Kia Ma
    Rife Aussie Blade
    Miura Wedges
    TM TP XFT wedges

so current bag
    TM Rescue TP 19* E270HB
    TM TP XFT 52* 58* S400
    Scotty Newport 2.5
    This reminds me . . . . . . I'd like to nominate Pingman for most boring poster.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    This reminds me . . . . . . I'd like to nominate Pingman for most boring poster.
    As the only 8,000 poster I second and validate this nominations. All in favour.....

The recent absence of the plethora of insiduous spammers that had plagued the site argues for a MOY award. If it was your doing, you da man.

I thought for sure FD has been here more than a year. I nominate qtong for ROTY based on the understanding that FD is a veteran and ineligible.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    I thought for sure FD has been here more than a year. I nominate qtong for ROTY based on the understanding that FD is a veteran and ineligible.
    FD was the 2009 ROTY and, of course the 2008 ROTY was a T1 between Sooner and yours truly.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

You get my vote due to geographical proximity.

But don't act like you earned it or I'll change my vote to LH.

I'd like to cast a vote for Tessee as martyr of the decade. MOTD for you AOF's (acronym-oriented folks).

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    FD was the 2009 ROTY and, of course the 2008 ROTY was a T1 between Sooner and yours truly.
    HS deserves something for his quality posts. Maybe a session with the royal s.lut.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    The recent absence of the plethora of insiduous spammers that had plagued the site argues for a MOY award. If it was your doing, you da man.
    I am responsible for the lack of spam; Pingman and Golfaholic will agree.

I lost my temper here and started punching holes in the marble walls of King Zo's palace, in anger here about the spam, and got something done.

Golfaholic, the piss boy's assistant, ran barefoot across the countryside to Prince Francois, who put an end to it, when he found out that his liege, Spankdoggie, was angry; Prince Francois stopped the spam, as no one is allowed to sign up here unless viewed and approved by Prince Francois; true story, ask the piss boy's assistant, golfaholic.

Keep up the good work golfaholic; King Zo and I may award you with a week's vacation from following the piss boy (dorkman) and picking up after his sloppy work...

spank
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

I just read this thread.

You all owe me 20 minutes of my life back.

As the only 8,000 poster I second and validate this nominations. All in favour.....
    Both of you reminded me

Sooner I would like to nominate you as the biggest old perv on who was most likely beat up by his peer fequently growing up

And NAH is nominated as the dude with no life or friends (hence actually having time to post 8000x), in conjunction I would also like to nominate NAH into a category which awards his lack of understanding and comprehending in the simplest matters

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz1975
    I just read this thread.

You all owe me 20 minutes of my life back.
    Here is how you will be repaid your 20 minutes.
    Request a DVD of any, repeat ANY, Kevin Costner movie. It will be sent to you free of charge. However, you MUST PROMISE to watch a full 20 minutes of it..........If you haven't died of terminal nausea by minute 20, you may watch the next 4 hours of it, of until it concludes, whichever comes first........

Request a DVD of any, repeat ANY, Kevin Costner movie. It will be sent to you free of charge. However, you MUST PROMISE to watch a full 20 minutes of it..........If you haven't died of terminal nausea by minute 20, you may watch the next 4 hours of it, of until it concludes, whichever comes first........
    I say get the Kevin Costner DVD and throw it in the trash without watching it. Voila! 2 hrs. saved which means you owe us another 1hr 40 minutes.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    This year:
    An entire set of sweet ass 690 mb's from FD that are being reshafted with X100's during Christmas time.
    Sent a shaft to Nike to have a Str8fit tip put on it. Sold that driver 4 months later.
    Reshafted my 3 and 5 wood with two other shafts laying around.
    Bought an entirely new driver, sold the shaft with the str8fit tip on it. Basically bought the new driver for 80 bucks.
    Bent my SW to 54, tried the 54/60 combo. Didn't like the bounce, had it re-bent, bought a 58 and went to a 52/58 combo. Like this more.
    Have bounced between three putters, one of them is an ugly Rife putter that helps when the stroke gets off.
    52/58 is awesome combo... Don't need 60 unless you're moobs....
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Both of you reminded me

Sooner I would like to nominate you as the biggest old perv on who was most likely beat up by his peer fequently growing up

And NAH is nominated as the dude with no life or friends (hence actually having time to post 8000x), in conjunction I would also like to nominate NAH into a category which awards his lack of understanding and comprehending in the simplest matters
    You're absolutely right PM. I need a pretend friend who is always there to listen to me no matter how many people are bothering him, and who can help me stop stressing about life, you know by telling me to put my life in his hands kind of thing, even though he doesn't really exist. Got any suggestions?

You're absolutely right PM. I need a pretend friend who is always there to listen to me no matter how many people are bothering him, and who can help me stop stressing about life, you know by telling me to put my life in his hands kind of thing, even though he doesn't really exist. Got any suggestions?
    You two fighting again?

There is a good religion thread going on at the moment. Perhaps you two could get stuck into each other over there?

You two fighting again?

There is a good religion thread going on at the moment. Perhaps you two could get stuck into each other over there?
    Can't speak for PM but I'm not fighting. I'm looking for guidance. I need someone to take the pain, and the uncertainty, and give my life meaning. I especially want to know that when die I will spend eternity in pure happiness, even if that is an absurd notion which defies every law of science, and even if that eternal happiness doesn't involve golf.

I'm negotiating with several religions as we speak in order to come up with the official religion for the kingdom of GR. The Catholics are offering sex every night as long as I'm in a committed relationship, whatever that is. The Jews are offering an endowment and kosher beef. I'm still waiting on the Hindus, Protestants and Lutherans.

Since these are tough economic times that promise to get tougher, I'm going to make my decision based strictly on the bottom line although sex with no strings will carry great weight as well.
    GR lives...

I'm negotiating with several religions as we speak in order to come up with the official religion for the kingdom of GR. The Catholics are offering sex every night as long as I'm in a committed relationship, whatever that is. The Jews are offering an endowment and kosher beef. I'm still waiting on the Hindus, Protestants and Lutherans.

Since these are tough economic times that promise to get tougher, I'm going to make my decision based strictly on the bottom line although sex with no strings will carry great weight as well.
    As far as this humble subject can have an opinion I feel that "the official GR religion" is the one thing that cannot be in dispute.
    It has to be chasing the little white ball around. Surely....

As far as this humble subject can have an opinion I feel that "the official GR religion" is the one thing that cannot be in dispute.
    It has to be chasing the little white ball around. Surely....
    Well put, however, the religion you're describing doesn't offer $alvation.
    GR lives...

Well put, however, the religion you're describing doesn't offer $alvation.
    I don't want to be saved. Just shoot par occasionally. That would qualify as a miracle for most. Does that mean it is a religion?

I can prove my dedication to grain flow forged, for a solid decade. Way longer then some of these jokers. Sure I drift, and play other clubs, so as to remind me, it gets no better then grain flow forged. But my Mizunos remain a constant, as your ping eye 2 remain yours. I have to come to appreciate the unique grooves of the early eye 2 though.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Last 30 days Ping i5 irons, Taylormade X-300 irons, Callaway FT-iZ Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 3 wood, Odyssey Black Tour Design putter, Ping G15 Graphite irons (bought them just to flip them).
    Have you hit some drives with that FT-iZ ? When I picked up my regripped 1-6 pings, I had to wait, so I hit an Adams, I believe A4 forged. It felt pretty nice. Anyways they had a Ft-iz on the used rack. I took the cover off, and put it back on when I saw the blockhead. Somebody there said it was a great club , you just have to get the look of it, out of your head.

I don't want to be saved. Just shoot par occasionally. That would qualify as a miracle for most. Does that mean it is a religion?
    Something isn't a religion without bastardization and hypocrisy. If you can incorporate those things, then yes.
    GR lives...

You two fighting again?

Sometimes I wonder if people are actually serious on here, this site is about being absurd really and I think most here would agree that nothing said should ever be taken in an Manner other that it being said in jest...

In other words, no I dot really think NAH has no life, it's just bait for a flame (which he obviously caught onto, hence his question about advice in relating to people or however he phrased it)...

Now you're old so I can't really tell if you were trying to bait me or if you're just out of touch with reality and still reliving you're teen years from 1920 either way... It was lame...

Sometimes I wonder if people are actually serious on here, this site is about being absurd really and I think most here would agree that nothing said should ever be taken in an Manner other that it being said in jest...

In other words, no I dot really think NAH has no life, it's just bait for a flame (which he obviously caught onto, hence his question about advice in relating to people or however he phrased it)...

Now you're old so I can't really tell if you were trying to bait me or if you're just out of touch with reality and still reliving you're teen years from 1920 either way... It was lame...
    Thanks for the reply. My post was lighthearted also. Sometimes it's cool to be lame, and as I have said to you before, I understand where you are coming from. I was also once a serious young man who thought most things were black and white.

Something isn't a religion without bastardization and hypocrisy. If you can incorporate those things, then yes.
    You can find those endearing human traits is all aspects of life. I'm sure someone could come up with some examples in the golf world. NAH could come up with some examples off the cuff.

Thanks for the reply. My post was lighthearted also. Sometimes it's cool to be lame, and as I have said to you before, I understand where you are coming from. I was also once a serious young man who thought most things were black and white.
    Again it was bait... And again.... You took the bait....

"No Way Out" was a pretty damn good military espionage movie a couple of decades ago. My AAD Syndrome gives me about a five minute window of concentration yet I can watch this flic through and through again and again. I can last more than 20 minutes for certain parts of "Waterworld" and "The Postman".

Again it was bait... And again.... You took the bait....
    Please do not show disrespect to oldplayer again.

He is my friend, and I find it disrespectful. I kind of feel like you are some young punk pushing my dad around; it is really starting to piss me off.

If Francis Cebedo sees this bullsh!t you are pulling as moderator, you will get sh!tcanned faster than an ass kicking.

Leave oldplayer alone b!tch.

That is all.

spank

well if anyone is to get the most dedicated GFF award I believe that I am the only person eligible for that one. I haven't had anything other than Mizuno (irons) in the bag since 2004. In fact it's been the same set.

As Dave says masturbating with three casts on gives me comeback player of the year awards. There's no brain injury never has been. I've always been a GENIUS.

good news boys, the doctor says everything seems to be healing very well. With any luck I may not walk with a limp. He said I should not rush the recovery ( that was his response to my question of "when can I play golf again?").

Omen, Still a name synonymous with GR
    Omen, the GR standard by which all GOLFERS will be measured.

Quote Originally Posted by Omen2
    well if anyone is to get the most dedicated GFF award I believe that I am the only person eligible for that one. I haven't had anything other than Mizuno (irons) in the bag since 2004. In fact it's been the same set.

As Dave says masturbating with three casts on gives me comeback player of the year awards. There's no brain injury never has been. I've always been a GENIUS.

good news boys, the doctor says everything seems to be healing very well. With any luck I may not walk with a limp. He said I should not rush the recovery ( that was his response to my question of "when can I play golf again?").

Omen, Still a name synonymous with GR
    Do you have a working arm/shoulder? I have hired you now as the bathboy to King Zo. You will sit in a chair and stare at King Zo as he takes a bath; you will test the water for correct temperature.

King Zo will bend down, practically spread eagled and take a sh!t with his @ss facing you, or piss facing you... You will sit quietly as you do not exist in a King's world; you are an invisible servant, of no concern.

In King Zo's world you do not exist, but you will still tell the other rats/servants (dorkman/golfaholic) how large his penis is; freakish large Omen; you could take 4 inches off, and he could still slap a large dog and make it cry.

Basically, your new job is to sit your crippled ass in a chair besides the bathtub, and when King Zo takes a crap/piss, you are to ring a bell.

Can you ring a bell, Omen?

Once you ring the bell, the head piss boy, Dorkman, along with his young assistant, golfaholic, will be along to clean up the mess once our Grand King Lorenzo is done bathing, and is long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie
    Do you have a working arm/shoulder? I have hired you now as the bathboy to King Zo. You will sit in a chair and stare at King Zo as he takes a bath; you will test the water for correct temperature.

King Zo will bend down, practically spread eagled and take a sh!t with his @ss facing you, or piss facing you... You will sit quietly as you do not exist in a King's world; you are an invisible servant, of no concern.

In King Zo's world you do not exist, but you will still tell the other rats/servants (dorkman/golfaholic) how large his penis is; freakish large Omen; you could take 4 inches off, and he could still slap a large dog and make it cry.

Basically, your new job is to sit your crippled ass in a chair besides the bathtub, and when King Zo takes a crap/piss, you are to ring a bell.

Can you ring a bell, Omen?

Once you ring the bell, the head piss boy, Dorkman, along with his young assistant, golfaholic, will be along to clean up the mess once our Grand King Lorenzo is done bathing, and is long gone.
    Although I've never met Zo or seen a photo of him, I'm starting to get a picture of a slightly overweight, pasty skinned, bearded man in his mid 40s, permanently drunk, dressed in a purple velvet robe, glittering crown, green tights and carrying a sceptre, sitting on on a throne eating an oversized grape while sipping ale from a tankard, and throwing his scraps from the table to dirty street urchins.

Although I've never met Zo or seen a photo of him, I'm starting to get a picture of a slightly overweight, pasty skinned, bearded man in his mid 40s, permanently drunk, dressed in a purple velvet robe, glittering crown, green tights and carrying a sceptre, sitting on on a throne eating an oversized grape while sipping ale from a tankard, and throwing his scraps from the table to dirty street urchins.
    Nah somehow this is how I picture you. Lorenzo is a greeceball watch the godfather he is Sonny Corleone.

8000 posts these f u c k e r s don' t have shat on me.

GHD

Drive by
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

I'm not even slightly overweight and at times I am not drunk. Kind of a cross between a buff Liam Neeson and George Clooney if he were really ugly. Well, the beach awaits.

Pissboy fetch my bucket!
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Nah somehow this is how I picture you. Lorenzo is a greeceball watch the godfather he is Sonny Corleone.
    Sonny was a big brute built like an NFL linebacker and packed a foot-long (neither a gun nor a Subway sandwich). What he had in brawn he lacked in brains and should have known to avoid toll roads.

I'm not even slightly overweight and at times I am not drunk. Kind of a cross between a buff Liam Neeson and George Clooney if he were really ugly. Well, the beach awaits.

Pissboy fetch my bucket!
    But sire....this is a long holiday weekend.....and according to my union rules, I am entitled to spend time with my family.
    We are planning to go to the park and feed the ducks, and then go down by the railroad tracks and watch trains go by.....
    There aren't a lot of activities a pissboy can afford, especially with 9 hungry, growing children.....

8000 posts these f u c k e r s don' t have shat on me.

GHD

Drive by
    I'm not one to change avatars, but maybe I shuld make an exception, do I have your permission to use this pic as my avatar.

I'm not one to change avatars, but maybe I shuld make an exception, do I have your permission to use this pic as my avatar.
    I think thats a great idea,

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

I think thats a great idea,

GHD
    Thank you sir, and I must say, this pic is much more tasteful than your usual stuff.

Megathread starter of the year.

I vote for BossGodwin...the Boss started only 2 threads in 2010 and they both passed the 200 mark. Larry has the only 300 post thread of the year...he also owns a slew of 200 and 100 post threads, but he didn't bat a 1,000% like the Boss.

Honorable mention to Noshuz, Kiwi, OP, Pky, and your own Purist for also creating 200 post threads.

https://bigcedar.com/golf/buffalo-ridge-springs-course/

Miura Retro Blades
    TM TP MB
    TM R9 TP
    Titleist 695.MB
    TM R9 TP
    TM R9 Supertri TP
    NIKE SQ2 15*
    NIKE SQ2 18*
    TM R9 TP 13*
    TM Rescue TP 19*
    SC Newport 2.5
    Rife 2 Bar Proto
    TM Spider
    TM Daytona TP Kia Ma
    Rife Aussie Blade
    Miura Wedges
    TM TP XFT wedges

so current bag
    TM Rescue TP 19* E270HB
    TM TP XFT 52* 58* S400
    Scotty Newport 2.5
    jesus christ. even i'm jealous.
    Be glad we aren't getting all of the government we're paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by bjdrivers
    jesus christ. even i'm jealous.
    Don't matter what he play. I'd still beat him.

Thread Information