|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

OT: Christopher Reeve (Superman) died.

Poor guy. Life must have been hell in those last years of his, since his accident...

Did he golf?

What the hell does it matter that he was a golfer?
    A good man died and I mentioned it was OT, as in Off Topic...

Everyone else here showed some respect to him by viewing my post as one views the dead body of a loved one at the mortuary... by saying nothing, and viewing my new thread here with respect.

Little b!tch,

spanked

P.S. I am sorry if I have offended anyone with my emotional response. A good man died, and I just could not help it that a young one made fun of that. Thanks.

A few years ago my wife read a book about him. He apparently was a genuinely good fellow. I've known two people who had serious neck injuries. One lady from our church, who nearly died after a horseback injury, but after MONTHS of rehab is now walking, fortunately. Another friend had a mountain bike accident and was initially quadriplegic, but eventually walked. He has limited use of his right arm, and had to do a midlife career change. At least he is functional, too. A third person I never knew was a bridesmaid at the wedding of a nephew. While they were on their honeymoon, the bridesmaid fell off a horse and was killed. Obviously, any sport can have its injuries. I think I'll take my chances with being struck by misguided golf balls. At least I can't fall off the ground on a golf course.......

Isn't Timmay2 or 1 or 1/2 the same as Sapnked, cornfucious, Timmay, and every other screen name with a dog or tim in it? Throw in pgapro, 1iron, stan, wstan, am I missing any?
    there are probably only a couple of golfers that should refer to themselves as the master. I am sure it is not anyone on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by spanked
    P.S. I am sorry if I have offended anyone with my emotional response. A good man died, and I just could not help it that a young one made fun of that. Thanks.
    Your emotions are understandable. There are a lot of insensitive boobs here.

Whats wrong with asking whether he golfed?

Quote Originally Posted by timmay2
    It was probably mistaken as, "If he wasn't a golfer, why should we care?", whereas you probably meant, "By the way, was he a golfer AND an actor?"

Quote Originally Posted by dorkman53
    It was probably mistaken as, "If he wasn't a golfer, why should we care?", whereas you probably meant, "By the way, was he a golfer AND an actor?"
    I took it as a nice crack on CR's pre-death condition. Sort of a Howard Sternesque low brow humor. The kind that makes you smile and cringe at the same time. Certainly not for the sensitive or emotionally unstable.

Quote Originally Posted by timmay2
    Oh, well aren't you the innocent one? Making fun of a man's death must make you feel really good, doesn't it?

Maybe if you thought about his family a bit, but I doubt you could ever do that. It will all come around to you, you little (edited). I guess it is funny to you that he broke his neck and got paralyzed. Maybe you can call up their family and laugh at them or something.

you act as if you knew the guy. give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by johndalysthirdchin
    you act as if you knew the guy. give me a break.
    Hey buster, give me a break and stay out of this discussion, as it does not include you.
    I was talking to timmay.

Quote Originally Posted by spanked
    Hey buster, give me a break and stay out of this discussion, as it does not include you.
    I was talking to timmay.
    You seem determined to get a flame war started over this thread. I'd suggest you and Timmay carry it out via private e-mail (this assumes that you and Timmay are not one and the same)

Thanks Dorkman, this thread was starting to get out of control. Thanks for stopping them. (I am awaiting an apology via private message from Timmay2)

Unless he is me, then I will send a private message to myself.

But anyways, this reminds me of this confusing video clip, and many see a ghost and others see a mist. I turned up the volume pretty loud (got to have the volume up pretty high to pick anything up) and heard a faint whispering sound underneath the classical music.

Watch hard when the car goes around the last turn, and look for the mist and listen closely. I can't tell if it is real or not, but I am guessing it is just some mist: Is this for real?

May Christopher Reeve rest in peace.

Mr. Reeve was:

Actor
    Writer
    Musician
    Yachtsman
    Horseman
    Iceskater
    Tennis player
    Explorer
    Film maker
    Climber
    Pilot
    Glider pilot
    Husband
    Father
    Great human being

Rest in peace, Mr. Reeves,

spanked
    Last edited by spanked; 10-12-2004 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Rest in peace, Chris

Unfortunately, onetime was right.

Okay.

Everybody can stop sending me hate messages via PM for the video I posted above.

Just don't click on it if you can't figure it out.

Fairways and greens,

Quote Originally Posted by onetime
    Isn't Timmay2 or 1 or 1/2 the same as Sapnked, cornfucious, Timmay, and every other screen name with a dog or tim in it? Throw in pgapro, 1iron, stan, wstan, am I missing any?
    I dont understand this.

Thread Information