|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: The secret

The secret

I've been out hitting balls the last couple days to tyr to recpature something resembling a swing, and have gone thorugh virtually every swing thought I've ever heard, but alas the swing got progressively worse til it got ot the stage I was even doubting my eqipment. I was just about to give up and go home tonite when I thought of getting a feeling of almost standing up thorugh the ball, like the way FD was swinging the day he crushed Dave like a grape. An Aussie pro called Peter Senior has the same exaggerated standing up through the swing and is one of the most consistent ball strikers out there, and he's 51. Anyway the last 10 or so balls I decided to go with it and I flushed every shot right out of the middle of the clubface. Every single one was as good or better than the previous 150 or s balls I've hit the last couple days. I find it a very easy way to swing, and the results are outstanding. Senior is a old, fat midget but he get's it out there with the big boys with this swing. Have a look at how much he accelerates right through the impact area and finishes with all his weight over his right foot. IMO this is the swing average hackers should be trying to copy, not Tiger or Ernie or Rory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPYqG3imJdY
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

NAH

Ref: This post

Larryrsf, mean anything to you??

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    NAH

Ref: This post

Larryrsf, mean anything to you??

Edgey
    I just wanted to give this a chance of getting to 100 posts. So far doesn't look promising. To get consistent 100 post threads you need an Alan G Baker coming on refuting every post you make numerous times.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

maybe Laurie will stop by and start arguing about who really has the secret?
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

What's wrong with that swing? I could play with that very nicely. In fact, it sort of reminds me of how I'd look, sort of, if I ever videotaped any of my iron swings.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I've been out hitting balls the last couple days to tyr to recpature something resembling a swing, and have gone thorugh virtually every swing thought I've ever heard, but alas the swing got progressively worse til it got ot the stage I was even doubting my eqipment. I was just about to give up and go home tonite when I thought of getting a feeling of almost standing up thorugh the ball, like the way FD was swinging the day he crushed Dave like a grape. An Aussie pro called Peter Senior has the same exaggerated standing up through the swing and is one of the most consistent ball strikers out there, and he's 51. Anyway the last 10 or so balls I decided to go with it and I flushed every shot right out of the middle of the clubface. Every single one was as good or better than the previous 150 or s balls I've hit the last couple days. I find it a very easy way to swing, and the results are outstanding. Senior is a old, fat midget but he get's it out there with the big boys with this swing. Have a look at how much he accelerates right through the impact area and finishes with all his weight over his right foot. IMO this is the swing average hackers should be trying to copy, not Tiger or Ernie or Rory.

That guy's swing looks very consistent and simple. I don't know how someone could try and copy it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker

I don't know about copying swings, but copying setup & stance of a similarly built pro golfer might be beneficial. I could never get balanced with a straight legged stance like Peter Senior. I have long legs and shortish arms & torso by comparison (leading to a higher wrist to floor measurement). I have to bend my legs much more than the average golfer to compensate.

I can really see the benefits of using a good TGM type teacher over a method instructor (though I have never been to a TGM instructor). Jim Suttie (a biomechanics guy) has some good information you should check out on fundamentals based on body type. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, and your golf swing should be built around your natural strengths.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

N.A.H - I think Peter Senior is being (or was) coached by Gary Edwin. Same guy who coaches Rod Pampling. The swing is called the right sided swing and is about setting up with an angle and maintaing it through the swing which allows a very fast move at the ball. I'm only going by memory you can look it up in all the usual places.
    And no, its not the secret!!!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    That guy's swing looks very consistent and simple. I don't know how someone could try and copy it, though.
    Maybe copy is the wrong word, but I meant it was a better model to try to base your swing on than one that requires the athelicism, flexibility and hand eye coordination (and youth) of Tiger or Rory. As you said it's very simple and consistent. And he has demonstarted that it is also very effective. He won his first tournament in 1979 and has been one of the most consistent ball strikers on the Oz tour since then. As we all know there are lot's of swings that look great on the range, but don't stand up to the pressure of competition on the golf course.

Thread Information