|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Call me Mister Consistency . . . .

Do you ever get stuck on a number and can't seem to break off of it? I shite you not, the last 5 rounds of golf I have played, I have either scored an 85 or an 86. It doesn't seem to matter what the weather conditions are, either, as I have played in a little of everything the last week, including a small rain/snow shower. Today, we had 20 mph winds consistently all day long. I golfed an 86. I've never had anything like this happen before.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Do you ever get stuck on a number and can't seem to break off of it? I shite you not, the last 5 rounds of golf I have played, I have either scored an 85 or an 86. It doesn't seem to matter what the weather conditions are, either, as I have played in a little of everything the last week, including a small rain/snow shower. Today, we had 20 mph winds consistently all day long. I golfed an 86. I've never had anything like this happen before.
    I got stuck on the number 69 after watching Ginger Lynn and Barbara Dare in I Dream of Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I got stuck on the number 69 after watching Ginger Lynn and Barbara Dare in I Dream of Ginger
    Clearly you are stuck in the 1980s. When soundtracks were played by actual musicians, and scripts were written.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Clearly you are stuck in the 1980s. When soundtracks were played by actual musicians, and scripts were written.
    Not to mention the great method acting

No Dave. The 70s soundtracks were played by musicians. The 80s were mostly drum machines and synth loops. Duh!!!
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    No Dave. The 70s soundtracks were played by musicians. The 80s were mostly drum machines and synth loops. Duh!!!
    I don't care about music anymore. All I focus on now are drum machines and synth loops. Anyone can hack it around and create a song but mastering the drum machine takes lots of practice and lots of lessons.

I am certain that those horrible Mizuno hacksticks are holding you back. Can i suggest you purchase some Pings, i did and i now regularly shoot in the 70's.

I hope this helps a little

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Sooner, thats the beauty of GFF. You are now so consistent you can accurately analyse what part of your game needs to improve to take you to the next level. Or you could buy some pings, so you could then start a thread like..... call me mr consistency, everytime i play a round of golf i look down a my irons sitting behind the ball and i puke.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Sooner, thats the beauty of GFF. You are now so consistent you can accurately analyse what part of your game needs to improve to take you to the next level. Or you could buy some pings, so you could then start a thread like..... call me mr winner, everytime i play a round of golf i look down a my irons sitting behind the ball and my opponent pukes as i shoot a 73 and he hacks his way to a 97 with his GFF blades.
    I have made a small adjustment to your post in order that it more accurately presents the real world consequence of moving up to Ping.

As an Australian i am sure you are quite used to being owned by the English

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    I have made a small adjustment to your post in order that it more accurately presents the real world consequence of moving up to Ping.

As an Australian i am sure you are quite used to being owned by the English

Edgey
    Yep, we are fast running out of sports: cricket,darts,drinking warm beer. How about hockey??? Surely you guys suck at hockey?
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Yep, we are fast running out of sports: cricket,darts,drinking warm beer. How about hockey??? Surely you guys suck at hockey?
    He doesn't suck at hockey and don't call him Shirley

We suck at football, but then so do you! Having said that it is our national sport so the finger of shame is squarely on us.

What is the national sport of Australia, other than losing

Edgey

Yeah . . . . . . take me back to the days of Milli Vanilli.

I'm going to be playing a round in fog today with 1/4 mile visibility. We'll see what kind of score I can manufacture in this kind of weather. Highs will be in the mid 40s.

Yeah . . . . . . take me back to the days of Milli Vanilli.
    Girl you know it's Twu! Ooh, ooh, ooh...I love wu.

They were almost as talented as Rick Astley "Together forever and ever to part, together forever it's true".

I don't care about music anymore. All I focus on now are drum machines and synth loops. Anyone can hack it around and create a song but mastering the drum machine takes lots of practice and lots of lessons.
    True, but beat-boxing is the kind of skill you're born with. Either you have it or you don't, or you have a little of it, or a better than average amount of it.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

We suck at football, but then so do you! Having said that it is our national sport so the finger of shame is squarely on us.

Edgey
    Pommy bashing.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Pommy bashing.
    As i said, losing

Edgey

As i said, losing

Edgey
    Seriously, congrats on retaining the Ashes; a feat not commonly achieved by the English 11. Your boys deserved to win as you had by far the better team. Well balanced, well coached and very good preparation has made this tour a runaway success. Australian cricket needs a kick up the arse and this has done that nicely. Enjoy the next couple of years as I'm sure the Aussies will come back strongly next tour and it will not be like taking candy from a baby next time.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I'm going to be playing a round in fog today with 1/4 mile visibility. We'll see what kind of score I can manufacture in this kind of weather. Highs will be in the mid 40s.

Which irons are you bagging today? Why don't you play the MP-67s more often?

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Seriously, congrats on retaining the Ashes; a feat not commonly achieved by the English 11. Your boys deserved to win as you had by far the better team. Well balanced, well coached and very good preparation has made this tour a runaway success. Australian cricket needs a kick up the arse and this has done that nicely. Enjoy the next couple of years as I'm sure the Aussies will come back strongly next tour and it will not be like taking candy from a baby next time.
    Thankyou for the (premature) congratulations.

As an England fan i have grown used to hype, expectation but ultimately disappointment and frustration. I grew up with Botham and then a vacuum. This tour has been a pleasure to watch (i love to see the Aussies suffer as you love to see us stuffed) but i have no doubt that the next time will nowhere near as easy.

Edgey

I always thought Ginger Lynn was overrated and conversely Barbara Dare was underrated, but this is an important topic that probably deserves it's own thread.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Which irons are you bagging today? Why don't you play the MP-67s more often?
    After bagging the MP-52s for the last 5 rounds, I DID put the 67s back in the bag. I golfed an 82. The streak is broken.

Seriously though, I have been nailing my driver really well, I'm hitting the hybrids well, and my chipping and pitching with the Niblick has been spot on, but my iron play has sucked. This time of the season the bermuda grass is brown and falling apart. So, even if you hit into the fairway, you have a lot of thin lies. I don't hit the ball well off thin lies at all.

So an impromptu poll. Who else is hoping Michael Vick breaks both arms and legs in tonight's game?
    GR lives...

After bagging the MP-52s for the last 5 rounds, I DID put the 67s back in the bag. I golfed an 82. The streak is broken.

Seriously though, I have been nailing my driver really well, I'm hitting the hybrids well, and my chipping and pitching with the Niblick has been spot on, but my iron play has sucked. This time of the season the bermuda grass is brown and falling apart. So, even if you hit into the fairway, you have a lot of thin lies. I don't hit the ball well off thin lies at all.
    I lived in Dallas for two years and played at a course with that Bermuda rough. When I was just off the green and my ball was sitting down in that rough I really had no idea what to do. It's gnarly and can either grab the club or just launch the ball over the green.

Edgey
    America's Cup Sailing and dry-bumming the aboriginals.

Thankyou for the (premature) congratulations.

As an England fan i have grown used to hype, expectation but ultimately disappointment and frustration. I grew up with Botham and then a vacuum. This tour has been a pleasure to watch (i love to see the Aussies suffer as you love to see us stuffed) but i have no doubt that the next time will nowhere near as easy.

Edgey
    I have a very strong feeling that you and yours may be in for some good results for quite some time to come. Your team has that look about it. Focussed, well coached, well drilled, on the way up, and with plenty of depth. In the time we lost McGrath and Warnie you guys lost Freddy, Harmison and Jones, but the depth in your fast bowling stocks is stronger than I can ever remember. You even lost Broad in this series and rested Finn, then Tremlett and Bresnar step up and look like seasoned test bowlers. Your batting is very strong also, especially at the top of the order where you really need it, and Swann is the best spin bowler in international cricket. I can't see the future of the English cricket tem being anything but rosie.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I shot an 83 today, so maybe I'm off the 85 and 86 streak for a while. I was hitting some sweet iron shots today that felt like butter! I made one change -- I kept my head very still over the ball -- and it made all the difference in the world. Funny how whenever we get back to the basics, things fall back into place.

I shot an 83 today, so maybe I'm off the 85 and 86 streak for a while. I was hitting some sweet iron shots today that felt like butter! I made one change -- I kept my head very still over the ball -- and it made all the difference in the world. Funny how whenever we get back to the basics, things fall back into place.
    Golf is a crazy game, there are so many quick fixes. What I actually think is that when you pinpoint one thing to concentrate on, it helps you focus on everything and the whole swing improves. I know for me some days it may be keeping the head still over the bal, the next it may be bumping the hips to start the swing, or straighten the right arm through impact. It may alos be a case of you knowing your swing so well you instinctively knew what you were doing wrong. That comes with experience, but is a good thing to be able to do.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Golf is a crazy game, there are so many quick fixes. What I actually think is that when you pinpoint one thing to concentrate on, it helps you focus on everything and the whole swing improves. I know for me some days it may be keeping the head still over the bal, the next it may be bumping the hips to start the swing, or straighten the right arm through impact. It may alos be a case of you knowing your swing so well you instinctively knew what you were doing wrong. That comes with experience, but is a good thing to be able to do.
    I hear you dog. My golf swing is sort of like a slow moving pendulum that goes back and forth over a 6 month period. At one far end of the pendulum my alignment has become too closed and I start to come over the top and hook the ball too much. Also, by this time my swing has gotten flatter and more laid off and my grip is too strong. To correct this, I open my stance and take more of an upright swing with a weaker grip. Intially, the results are fantastic and I'm just striping the ball. Over time, I start fading the ball too much so I make an adjustment to strengthen my grip and close my stance more...which eventually leads to where I started. The good news is that I'm at a point where I understand what is wrong with my swing right away and can make a correction.

I hear you dog. My golf swing is sort of like a slow moving pendulum that goes back and forth over a 6 month period. At one far end of the pendulum my alignment has become too closed and I start to come over the top and hook the ball too much. Also, by this time my swing has gotten flatter and more laid off and my grip is too strong. To correct this, I open my stance and take more of an upright swing with a weaker grip. Intially, the results are fantastic and I'm just striping the ball. Over time, I start fading the ball too much so I make an adjustment to strengthen my grip and close my stance more...which eventually leads to where I started. The good news is that I'm at a point where I understand what is wrong with my swing right away and can make a correction.
    My swing is now consistent enough that I can usually fix things n the run too. I've narrowed myself down to a small checklist of things I need to do to hit the ball semi decent. My main problems are grip pressure, not leading with the hips and lower body, and forcing it with the arms and hands too early from the top. When I maintain a light grip pressure, start my down swing with a bump of the left hip, have the feeling of the club dropping straight down wihtout any exertion of the hands or arms, and have the feeling of the right shoulder moving through ipact and taking my body to a upright position, I am in good shape. My fundamentals are usually good, so I only have these 4 swing thoughts, plus maintaining good rhythm and tempo, to work on, which I think is manageable. Any more than this and it would be pretty tough to stay on top of things.

Thread Information