|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Inaugural GR Sth. Hemisphere Matchplay event. Kiwi vs. OP

As some of you may be aware the first ever officially sanctioned Southern Hemisphere GR matchplay event is scheduled for Friday the 28th of Janurary to be held at 13th. Beach golf club near Geelong, Victoria Australia. The format will be stroke matchplay, (of course) and handicaps will apply. This is my home course so Kiwi may be given an offset in strokes because of my advantage.
    This is an auspicious occasion, so in proper GR tradition it will be documented by video (I have arranged for a buddy to tag along and catch all the action.) Dave P. has kindly offered to do the production of the video so all will be revealed in due course.
    This course is highly rated in Australia and has a slope rating of 141 off the back tees, so it will be a true test of golf and both Kiwi and myself are greatly looking forward to the encounter.
    Wish us luck, may the best man on the day win, and let the GR matchplay tradition continue!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Alright!!!
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    As some of you may be aware the first ever officially sanctioned Southern Hemisphere GR matchplay event is scheduled for Friday the 28th of Janurary to be held at 13th. Beach golf club near Geelong, Victoria Australia. The format will be stroke matchplay, (of course) and handicaps will apply. This is my home course so Kiwi may be given an offset in strokes because of my advantage.
    This is an auspicious occasion, so in proper GR tradition it will be documented by video (I have arranged for a buddy to tag along and catch all the action.) Dave P. has kindly offered to do the production of the video so all will be revealed in due course.
    This course is highly rated in Australia and has a slope rating of 141 off the back tees, so it will be a true test of golf and both Kiwi and myself are greatly looking forward to the encounter.
    Wish us luck, may the best man on the day win, and let the GR matchplay tradition continue!
    OP, you said the format will be stroke matchplay. Does that mean it's matchplay and the guy with the higher handicap gets strokes on certain holes or are you playing 18 and then subtracting handicaps to get a net winner?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    OP, you said the format will be stroke matchplay. Does that mean it's matchplay and the guy with the higher handicap gets strokes on certain holes or are you playing 18 and then subtracting handicaps to get a net winner?
    Strokes will be given according to the matchplay index on the card. Not sure what Kiwi is off; I don't think there will be too much difference in our handicaps.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

This is rad. I know toilet water flushes in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere. This might give us a chance to see how that might affect putts.

You guys will have to talk some real trash or this can't be a GR sanctioned event.
    GR lives...

This is wonderful. One of my wishes before I cease consuming oxygen is to visit some land masses in the Southern Hemisphere. Alas, I am still a Polliwog since someone decided to literally throw a wrench in some reduction gears of the vessel I was inhabiting some 50 miles north of the Equator a long time ago. The video will be watched.

Hi

Looking forward to it.

Hope the Australian element of the match puts up a better fight than their cricket team did......

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Hi

Looking forward to it.

Hope the Australian element of the match puts up a better fight than their cricket team did......

Edgey
    I'm positive he will. In fact I'm sure even the current rabble masquerading as the OZ Cricket Team would still thrash the Kiwi cricket team.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    This is rad. I know toilet water flushes in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere. This might give us a chance to see how that might affect putts.

You guys will have to talk some real trash or this can't be a GR sanctioned event.
    Zo, you of all people should know by now that Oldplayer and I are true gentlemen and would never stoop to such levels.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I'm positive he will. In fact I'm sure even the current rabble masquerading as the OZ Cricket Team would still thrash the Kiwi cricket team.
    Based on what i saw Kiwi, the NZ cricket team would have had more chance against us.

Looking forward to a good game played with correct handicapping.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Zo, you of all people should know by now that Oldplayer and I are true gentlemen and would never stoop to such levels.
    Come on, he wants to clean your clock, you want to win 9 and 8.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Based on what i saw Kiwi, the NZ cricket team would have had more chance against us.

Looking forward to a good game played with correct handicapping.

Edgey
    C'mon Edgey, are you saying we can't beat Bangladesh? Nz certainly can't.

OP and Kiwi, have a good game. Looking forward to seeing your home course OP. I'm trying to organise a game at barnbougle and lost farm at the end of Jan with my regular playing partners. If i can figure out how to do the video thing i will hopefully post some footage of both courses.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy

OP and Kiwi, have a good game. Looking forward to seeing your home course OP. I'm trying to organise a game at barnbougle and lost farm at the end of Jan with my regular playing partners. If i can figure out how to do the video thing i will hopefully post some footage of both courses.
    How you goin' Roo? Thanks for the best wishes. Me and eleven mates are making our annual pilgramage to Barnboogle in early March. We are booked in to play the Lost Farm as well as 2 rounds at the original. To say we are looking forward to it is the understatement of the year! All reports are the Lost Farm is sensational and all we can hope for now is a good patch of weather. I would love to see some Video, and you can show all those Yanks what a topline links course looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    How you goin' Roo? Thanks for the best wishes. Me and eleven mates are making our annual pilgramage to Barnboogle in early March. We are booked in to play the Lost Farm as well as 2 rounds at the original. To say we are looking forward to it is the understatement of the year! All reports are the Lost Farm is sensational and all we can hope for now is a good patch of weather. I would love to see some Video, and you can show all those Yanks what a topline links course looks like.
    Op, one of my regular playing partners played Lost Farm week after xmas. He was telling me yesterday that he thinks Lost Farm is the better of the 2 courses. He was also saying that the accomodation is more motel style at Lost Farm as opposed to the villa/huts at Barnbougle. He was that impressed with playing LF that he wants our group to spend a weekend there sooner than later. My father knows a guy who helped in some construction of LF (mainly a tunnel through a sand dune leading out to a beach), and he let my father on the course before it opened. Although my old man doesn't play golf, even he was impressed with the land that Lf is on.
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Op, one of my regular playing partners played Lost Farm week after xmas. He was telling me yesterday that he thinks Lost Farm is the better of the 2 courses. He was also saying that the accomodation is more motel style at Lost Farm as opposed to the villa/huts at Barnbougle. He was that impressed with playing LF that he wants our group to spend a weekend there sooner than later. My father knows a guy who helped in some construction of LF (mainly a tunnel through a sand dune leading out to a beach), and he let my father on the course before it opened. Although my old man doesn't play golf, even he was impressed with the land that Lf is on.
    Could one of you Aussies break down where all the GR members live on your continent?

Could one of you Aussies break down where all the GR members live on your continent?
    Not 100% sure FD - but i live in Tasmania which is Oz's most southern state and an island. Lost Farm and Barnbougle are on the north east coast, both built on former farming properties (angus beef). These courses are pure links, built on sand dunes and are rated #1 and probably #2 public access course in Australia. The beauty of Tas is that it only takes about 4 hours drive to cover the whole island and we have more golf courses per head of popuation than the rest of the country. The downside, it can get cold and wet by Oz standards.
    OP i think lives in Victoria, a south eastern state, which is about a 1 hour plane trip from Tas, and NAH i think lives in New South Wales which is north of Vic but still on the eastern side of the country. Driving from Vic to NSW would be about 8 hours, or about 1 hour plane trip (2 hours from Tas).
    If you can get your butt ugly ping clubs through customs, i'm sure we could all hook up for a tournament!
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Wow! They have golf courses in Australia?

I heard the whole country looked like this photo below. Am I wrong?

I thought Australia was a ghetto with kangaroos and black men with sticks living in the outback.

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie

I thought Australia was a ghetto with kangaroos and black men with sticks living in the outback.

You are a bloody stirrer Spank .( An Aussie term for larrikin troublemaker).
    We have some of the best courses in the world!
    Haven't you heard of Melbourne's sandbelt courses? Probably the best grouping (in one small area) of fantastic courses in the world. These include Royal Melbourne, Kingston Heath, Metropolitan etc. etc. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Yeah and we just got done in 3 days by Pakistan so I think your OZ team for all it's current woes will still hammer the hapless Kiwis when they meet.

The 1st leg of my trip to OZ is actually to Tasmania to a place called Launceston. Is that anywhere near you?

I'm only there for 4 days to attend a wedding and thought about trying to jack up a game with you but really don't think I will be able to find the time on such a short trip.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Not 100% sure FD - but i live in Tasmania which is Oz's most southern state and an island. Lost Farm and Barnbougle are on the north east coast, both built on former farming properties (angus beef). These courses are pure links, built on sand dunes and are rated #1 and probably #2 public access course in Australia. The beauty of Tas is that it only takes about 4 hours drive to cover the whole island and we have more golf courses per head of popuation than the rest of the country. The downside, it can get cold and wet by Oz standards.
    OP i think lives in Victoria, a south eastern state, which is about a 1 hour plane trip from Tas, and NAH i think lives in New South Wales which is north of Vic but still on the eastern side of the country. Driving from Vic to NSW would be about 8 hours, or about 1 hour plane trip (2 hours from Tas).
    If you can get your butt ugly ping clubs through customs, i'm sure we could all hook up for a tournament!
    You are on the same latitude as the NZ South Island so no wonder it gets cold.

Now where the f#ck am I?

In summary

NAH - Sydney
    OP - Melbourne
    Rooboy - Tasmania

Now where the f#ck am I?

It's really great getting perspective on our deeply southern friends. Can't this year but one day I'll visit.

You Austr/NZ guys must be curious what serious crimes were committed by your patriarchs. Have you ever tried to research that? It's cruelly tragic you're still in the prison colony where they were placed generations ago.

I assume their crimes were so serious, you all have to stay in the prison. Assuming we're talking rape and murder for the men, how did the women get there? What crime were women committing back then? I have a theory but I don't like insulting people.

Look, your lives have been wasted, but maybe there's a way your kids can find freedom. Know you have my support.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    It's really great getting perspective on our deeply southern friends. Can't this year but one day I'll visit.

You Austr/NZ guys must be curious what serious crimes were committed by your patriarchs. Have you ever tried to research that? It's cruelly tragic you're still in the prison colony where they were placed generations ago.

I assume their crimes were so serious, you all have to stay in the prison. Assuming we're talking rape and murder for the men, how did the women get there? What crime were women committing back then? I have a theory but I don't like insulting people.

Look, your lives have been wasted, but maybe there's a way your kids can find freedom. Know you have my support.
    The female crims were shipped to Australia for horrendous crimes like stealing a potato to feed their starving children during the great famine.

Kiwi immigrants on the other hand were the lucky, wealthy Poms that wanted to trade in their overcrowded, polluted little island for two beautiful unspoilt islands in the South Pacific with better weather and less than 1/10th of the population. And a ready made prison colony across the ditch to send all the undesirables.

Now where the f#ck am I?

The female crims were shipped to Australia for horrendous crimes like stealing a potato to feed their starving children during the great famine.

Kiwi immigrants on the other hand were the lucky, wealthy Poms that wanted to trade in their overcrowded, polluted little island for two beautiful unspoilt islands in the South Pacific with better weather and less than 1/10th of the population. And a ready made prison colony across the ditch to send all the undesirables.
    I guess in the retelling, sex crimes become saving lives and ugly outcropping in the middle of nowhere becomes a beautiful island. It's only when the distortion is exposed to outsiders that there can be a return to truth.
    GR lives...

Yeah and we just got done in 3 days by Pakistan so I think your OZ team for all it's current woes will still hammer the hapless Kiwis when they meet.

The 1st leg of my trip to OZ is actually to Tasmania to a place called Launceston. Is that anywhere near you?

I'm only there for 4 days to attend a wedding and thought about trying to jack up a game with you but really don't think I will be able to find the time on such a short trip.
    Thats where i am Kiwi, so if you can get the time let me know. Depending on my work etc should be able to work something out if you have spare time.
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie

Close Spank, but the noses aren't flat enough!
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Thats where i am Kiwi, so if you can get the time let me know. Depending on my work etc should be able to work something out if you have spare time.
    Really? I'll have to check the itinerary with SWMBO and get back to you.

Now where the f#ck am I?

You don't send them here anymore. Now they jump on a plane and come of their own accord. Please take them back. I shouldn't be too annoyed though, at least our immigration turns around the real bad eggs that try to come here. If you have a crim history with violent histiry or ay association with The Mongrel Mob you are turned arund at the airport.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Close Spank, but the noses aren't flat enough!
    What bothers me the most is that those misfits are cutting class. I hope their parents punish them when they get home instead of letting them play Nintendo.

Thread Information