|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

A package from the other side of the world..

Well, OP, it's arrived! La Douane opened it up and had their mitts on the thumbdrive, but they let it thru... I guess you didn't embed any national secrets on it.. ;-)

I am uploading a sample... the "What's In the Bag" segment, with a special message for SoonerBS and a great foretaste of the match to come..

Will advise when vid is viewable.

Great stuff OP and KP, marvelous to get a look at your match from so far away.. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

This is the most excited I've been since last Sunday.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    laid off the good stuff while you were sick, eh? Gallant of you. ;-) Still, nothing since Sunday could itself trigger some kind of illness in an Italian.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I haven't been this excited since lunch time today when I flipped a coin to decide between a spicy chic-fil-a sandwich and an original chic-fil-a sandwich.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    laid off the good stuff while you were sick, eh? Gallant of you. ;-) Still, nothing since Sunday could itself trigger some kind of illness in an Italian.
    At least not veneral or food borne.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I haven't been this excited since lunch time today when I flipped a coin to decide between a spicy chic-fil-a sandwich and an original chic-fil-a sandwich.
    that's it, make us wait.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I was almost as excited when deciding between the Grilled Sourdough burger and Spicey Chicken Sandwich at Jack in the Box.

Guys, can it with the fast food. I only just stop vomiting hours ago.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I was almost as excited when deciding between the Grilled Sourdough burger and Spicey Chicken Sandwich at Jack in the Box.
    I had the sourdough for lunch, and the spicy chicken sandwich for dessert. Problem solved.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

GR lives...

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    I went to a nuclear power plant with some school kids on a tour. I had some chocolate milk and a burger, and I,m not feeling so good.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    I went to a nuclear power plant with some school kids on a tour. I had some chocolate milk and a burger, and I,m not feeling so good.
    Trust me on this. Finger down the throat. Get it over with it's way better. Seriously.
    GR lives...

That would have been a no-brainer for me. I don't take one Prilosec a day so I can eat an original anything. Give me the spicy food . . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

gawd... you have ME vomiting now, from LAUGHING so hard.. heh.. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

that's it, make us wait.
    I'll post the results in the video thread. Some incentive for completing the project in a timely manner.
    Dave, a friend of mine who is a Mac fanboy said that the garage band application is surprisingly good for video editing. I just got my first iMac. I'm looking forward to doing some of that stuff.
    Last edited by Home-slicer; 02-08-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I'll post the results in the video thread. Some incentive for completing the project in a timely manner.
    Dave, a friend of mine who is a Mac fanboy said that the garage band application is surprisingly good for video editing. I just got my first iMac. I'm looking forward to doing some of that stuff.
    I have the Imac 24" 2.8ghz... and I've had the full Final Cut Studio suite, the full-on professional one, for a few years now.. it's what I'm fastest at.. never even got started with Garage Band.. or any of the consumer Mac apps.. went straight to pro.. good stuff, but even this outfit bogs down when I try to render a long HD vid... :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

gawd... you have ME vomiting now, from LAUGHING so hard.. heh.. :-)
    The best is the brief shot of the baby walking and vomiting at the same time. Future golfing potential there.

Never found video editing software that didn't require a Master's degree in Nerd. I'm a Mac fanboy too, HS, but haven't tried Garage Band for video editing. The worst part always is getting the music synched the way you want with the video, particularly if you go back and want to do further editing.

Maybe next time I'll just play music while we're doing it.
    GR lives...

The best is the brief shot of the baby walking and vomiting at the same time. Future golfing potential there.

Never found video editing software that didn't require a Master's degree in Nerd. I'm a Mac fanboy too, HS, but haven't tried Garage Band for video editing. The worst part always is getting the music synched the way you want with the video, particularly if you go back and want to do further editing.
    Maybe next time I'll just play music while we're doing it.
    I'm a newly converted Mac fanboy. I've had the imac for only a week now and haven't had much time to mess with it, but I already like it a lot better than any windows PC i've dealt with. It's like a giant version of my iphone. Extremely intuitive.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I'm a newly converted Mac fanboy. I've had the imac for only a week now and haven't had much time to mess with it, but I already like it a lot better than any windows PC i've dealt with. It's like a giant version of my iphone. Extremely intuitive.
    I like the mac for actual work... way more reliable than PC, more intuitive as you say.. but I never liked them for play... but now I have the Ipad and am getting an Iphone and i suppose it was inevitable :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Trust me on this. Finger down the throat. Get it over with it's way better. Seriously.
    Totally agree

It may be more that Windows based machines are so friggin' awful than that Apples are great, but they do make Windows based computers seem goofy. The other nice thing is virus designers aren't likely to focus on the Apple 10% user base when their psychotic egos can prey on a 90% Windows base. I've never installed virus software and have no evidence of viruses or malware.

There's apparently a new video game released for the Apples that involves rushing the border with a truckload of illegal aliens without dumping part of the load going over things like boulders, particularly the babies.

Predictably there's an outcry by illegal immigrants who believe they run things in this state because they basically do. The local news people interviewed Mexicans, presumably illegal or deriving therefrom, who decried the game, talking about people they know who were injured crashing the border and that it isn't funny. Sorry, but I think it's always absolutely hilarious when someone gets injured breaking the law (innocent children excepted).

I'd almost wait in line at Best Buy for this game and for sure give it to all my latino friends.
    GR lives...

If you've ever had kids you've been puked on.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    If you've ever had kids you've been puked on.
    I got puked on twice last night. At least it's only milk puke, not the grog, peas and carrots puke that adults throw up.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Interesting...What screen size did you get? The 27 and 30" screens look amazing.

My work computer is due for an upgrade. Is it easy to share excel files between pcs & macs these days? I assume pdfs wouldn't be a problem.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Spicy chicken gets the nod. Try it with pepperjack cheese on it and it's even better.

I have to pipe in here to disagree. The Macs are cool and sleek looking but if all you need is internet searching, dowloading and uploading along with word processor, spreadsheet software, photo editing software and video software I think the PC is actually better than the MAC. I have used the Macintosh at my folk's house (it's new within the last year) and I didn't feel that Safari was as good as internet explorer or Firefox and the word processing software was slower. I also think that file saving and organization is easier with Windows. It's definitely slower than a PC. However, the looks alone are sometimes worth buying the thing. For one thing, it's nice to have less cords and only the screen on your desk.

I've used several macs and just didn't feel as comfortable on them as I did a PC. I spent more time looking for files and where s.hit went after downloading etc. Then, if a program did freeze up and needed to be shut down, I couldn't figure out how to do it. I felt like my 65 year old dad on a computer, and that wasn't very cool.

Plus, I have to use Internet Explorer for my work. I couldn't even find the updated copy of IE for Mac online for free. That was enough.

I have to pipe in here to disagree. The Macs are cool and sleek looking but if all you need is internet searching, dowloading and uploading along with word processor, spreadsheet software, photo editing software and video software I think the PC is actually better than the MAC. I have used the Macintosh at my folk's house (it's new within the last year) and I didn't feel that Safari was as good as internet explorer or Firefox and the word processing software was slower. I also think that file saving and organization is easier with Windows. It's definitely slower than a PC. However, the looks alone are sometimes worth buying the thing. For one thing, it's nice to have less cords and only the screen on your desk.
    Here we have further proof someone is a technological clown. Why would one not use Firefox for Mac as I'm doing now, just as one would use it in lieu of Explorer on a Windows based machine? How can someone be completely ignorant and express opinion? How could any wp software be slow on any machine today? Considering genetics, it's likely the machine was misconfigured.

Please stop making yourself look like a complete moron, FD. Actually, don't stop.
    GR lives...

Here we have further proof someone is a technological clown. Why would one not use Firefox for Mac as I'm doing now, just as one would use it in lieu of Explorer on a Windows based machine? How can someone be completely ignorant and express opinion? How could any wp software be slow on any machine today? Considering genetics, it's likely the machine was misconfigured.

Please stop making yourself look like a complete moron, FD. Actually, don't stop.
    You just can't recognize genius when you see it. OK, so the WP example was a bad one. I have noticed that the MAC is a little slower in general. It's slower on the internet and I just don't see the benefits. Are you sure you don't use it just for the cool factor? If it looked just like a PC would you buy it?

I know a lot more about technology than you do. I've got an iphone AND a computer.

You just can't recognize genius when you see it. OK, so the WP example was a bad one. I have noticed that the MAC is a little slower in general. It's slower on the internet and I just don't see the benefits. Are you sure you don't use it just for the cool factor? If it looked just like a PC would you buy it?

I know a lot more about technology than you do. I've got an iphone AND a computer.
    I apologize for being indefensibly rude. It's just that I was counting on resuming my life today instead of endlessly channel surfing while only finding stuff fred3 would like.

If you prefer PC-s then use them. I have both and find myself hating when I have to use the PC. Microsoft operating systems comprise the greatest swindle in the history of mankind. Apple products are cooler, foremost, because of the way they work. Sure, inevitably posers show up.
    GR lives...

Since you opened up the subject, I'll add my recent experience in "phoning." As some of you know, I have been in the market for a new smartphone and a new wireless service provider. On the 23rd of January, I finally went to the local US Cellular store to purchase the Samsung Mesmerize phone -- a Samsung Galaxy S phone. US Cellular had some great phone plans and looked like the better offer. After reading about the Galaxy S phones, I felt like I wanted to go the android route instead of the iOS route (my daughter has an ipod 4 touch so I have hands on experience with iOS software and products). After 3 weeks of using the phone and the US Cellular service, I have to say that I love the phone, but I am going to have to return it and leave US Cellular. I like everything about US Cellular but the fact that I can only get 2 bars of reception outside in the open and hardly any bars inside. I have been dropping calls like Tony Romo drops women. I'd love to keep the phone and stay with US Cellular, but I can't do it with the reception I get.

So, next week it looks like I will be trying out the Verizon network. According to their coverage map, I should get solid reception in calls and data coverage like I had with AT&T. Verizon is suppose to start their 4G coverage next week and I am planning on purchasing their new 4G android phone coming out -- the HTC Thunderbolt. I'll let you guys know how it works out. I know you will be anxiously waiting to hear my report.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Since you opened up the subject, I'll add my recent experience in "phoning." As some of you know, I have been in the market for a new smartphone and a new wireless service provider. On the 23rd of January, I finally went to the local US Cellular store to purchase the Samsung Mesmerize phone -- a Samsung Galaxy S phone. US Cellular had some great phone plans and looked like the better offer. After reading about the Galaxy S phones, I felt like I wanted to go the android route instead of the iOS route (my daughter has an ipod 4 touch so I have hands on experience with iOS software and products). After 3 weeks of using the phone and the US Cellular service, I have to say that I love the phone, but I am going to have to return it and leave US Cellular. I like everything about US Cellular but the fact that I can only get 2 bars of reception outside in the open and hardly any bars inside. I have been dropping calls like Tony Romo drops women. I'd love to keep the phone and stay with US Cellular, but I can't do it with the reception I get.

So, next week it looks like I will be trying out the Verizon network. According to their coverage map, I should get solid reception in calls and data coverage like I had with AT&T. Verizon is suppose to start their 4G coverage next week and I am planning on purchasing their new 4G android phone coming out -- the HTC Thunderbolt. I'll let you guys know how it works out. I know you will be anxiously waiting to hear my report.

Unfortunately, noone at this point can provide reliable phone reception and data throughput and they won't be able to anytime soon. Verizon's rushing 4G because their competitors are promoting theirs but they simply don't have the bandwidth which is expensive to create. This is made worse by the intro of the I-Phone. If OK turns out to be a low usage place then you might get good performance with data but at least it sounds as though calling will work better for you.
    GR lives...

a properly equipped PC is no faster or slower than a similarly built, properly equipped Mac. They use the same chipsets, anyway. But the mac OS is closed, can't be rewritten on the fly like so many of the attacks on Windows do. It is simply MUCH harder to screw with than the PC, and when you combine that with the fact that very few people are using them, it's just a no brainer. Why waste your time as a virus writer?

I use Firefox like FD does, the Mac works just like a PC on the web, no prob. But where the mac shines is in professional audio/video. That's why I first got into them.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

a properly equipped PC is no faster or slower than a similarly built, properly equipped Mac. They use the same chipsets, anyway. But the mac OS is closed, can't be rewritten on the fly like so many of the attacks on Windows do. It is simply MUCH harder to screw with than the PC, and when you combine that with the fact that very few people are using them, it's just a no brainer. Why waste your time as a virus writer?

I use Firefox like FD does, the Mac works just like a PC on the web, no prob. But where the mac shines is in professional audio/video. That's why I first got into them.
    Actually, Windows' daisy chained and inefficient OS code leveled over quasi-DOS produces inferior performance with like hardware specs, even before slowed down by undetected viruses and malware. Although in the past, Apple took advantage of this with lesser hardware. Not so much today.
    GR lives...

The smaller chance of getting a virus is reason enough to buy a Mac. Since installing Norton Antivirus I haven't had any problems but before that I literally had to throw away a computer after it got a trojan horse virus. Nothing would get rid of it.

Unfortunately, noone at this point can provide reliable phone reception and data throughput and they won't be able to anytime soon. Verizon's rushing 4G because their competitors are promoting theirs but they simply don't have the bandwidth which is expensive to create. This is made worse by the intro of the I-Phone. If OK turns out to be a low usage place then you might get good performance with data but at least it sounds as though calling will work better for you.
    Thanks for the major downer.

The ability to talk and not drop calls is the major factor for me. If Verizon can solve that one for me, they will be my next provider. I'd go back to AT&T, but their android phone selection and data plans suck.

The smaller chance of getting a virus is reason enough to buy a Mac. Since installing Norton Antivirus I haven't had any problems but before that I literally had to throw away a computer after it got a trojan horse virus. Nothing would get rid of it.
    Before installing Windows 7 Professional on my laptop computer a year ago, I had to fight off an occasional virus or malware here and there. However, I have not had a single problem since Windows 7 which regularly updates their defender software. I don't even have virus protection software installed on my machine. I use to do Norton, but it slowed my machine down I hated it. It was like it ran my computer instead of me being in control. Microsoft got it right with Windows 7. Of course, I invented Windows 7.

Before installing Windows 7 Professional on my laptop computer a year ago, I had to fight off an occasional virus or malware here and there. However, I have not had a single problem since Windows 7 which regularly updates their defender software. I don't even have virus protection software installed on my machine. I use to do Norton, but it slowed my machine down I hated it. It was like it ran my computer instead of me being in control. Microsoft got it right with Windows 7. Of course, I invented Windows 7.
    I had no 3G coverage with AT&T in my area until about 2 months ago. My girlfriend's AT&T contract expired and she picked up the samsung mesmerize. After two months, she's already wanting the iPhone for verizon. Why do want an android phone vs. iPhone.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Actually, Windows' daisy chained and inefficient OS code leveled over quasi-DOS produces inferior performance with like hardware specs, even before slowed down by undetected viruses and malware. Although in the past, Apple took advantage of this with lesser hardware. Not so much today.
    Apple tends to bleed faster hardware into the market very slowly, to sell as many units as possible before any significant upgrades. It's cheaper and easier to buy/build a PC with superior speed and capacity, but as you say, the dragdown factor from all the defensive software is huge. Apple is simpler, more intuitive, and not a target of malcontents. Closed OS instead of everybody and his dog owning pieces of the code. When software crashes, the system stays up. Simple stuff like no blue screens... priceless.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Apple tends to bleed faster hardware into the market very slowly, to sell as many units as possible before any significant upgrades. It's cheaper and easier to buy/build a PC with superior speed and capacity, but as you say, the dragdown factor from all the defensive software is huge. Apple is simpler, more intuitive, and not a target of malcontents. Closed OS instead of everybody and his dog owning pieces of the code. When software crashes, the system stays up. Simple stuff like no blue screens... priceless.
    It renders Microsoft/Windows laughable, doesn't it? Despite the vastest resources, not one arena where they have the best product. The more options, the lower on the list they are.

An amazing story of parlaying plundered code, vaporware and predatory tactics into a brand, huge market share and financial success. Makes you wonder what percentage of corporate cultures are like that. In my experience it's easily the majority, perhaps all in industries where it provides advantage. In my former industry you really couldn't succeed by having Lucifer as your partner, you had to perform.
    GR lives...

I had no 3G coverage with AT&T in my area until about 2 months ago. My girlfriend's AT&T contract expired and she picked up the samsung mesmerize. After two months, she's already wanting the iPhone for verizon. Why do want an android phone vs. iPhone.
    The first thing I like to do with my phone is go in and change the environment to suit my own satisfaction. The app stores for iphone and android have virtually the same apps available, but android lets me synch with Google, change the environment of my operating system, root or unroot apps and widgets, and in overall essence I can mess with the operating system to fit my needs. BUT, with the iphone, you get what you get because iOS is set. It's a good operating system and most believe that there is no need to change it, but I'm just saying that I like a little more freedom. Plus, with android phones, you can buy memory chips to store data files, pictures, music and etc on, while with the iphone you are stuck with whatever storage you bought (8g, 16g, and 32g). Also, you have a lot of options available in phone selection with android, while with the the iphone you just have one.

HS, I've noticed that depending on where you live, these different wireless companies either have great coverage, or very poor coverage. I was able to eliminate Sprint and TMobile from my area by talking to others who had those companies and they told me they did not get good coverage for my area. I liked US Cellulars plans and philosophy on business, but they just needed more towers closer to my area, I guess. Verizon and AT&T are the two strongest coverages here in Oklahoma, so I am going to have to go with one of them.

The first thing I like to do with my phone is go in and change the environment to suit my own satisfaction. The app stores for iphone and android have virtually the same apps available, but android lets me synch with Google, change the environment of my operating system, root or unroot apps and widgets, and in overall essence I can mess with the operating system to fit my needs. BUT, with the iphone, you get what you get because iOS is set. It's a good operating system and most believe that there is no need to change it, but I'm just saying that I like a little more freedom. Plus, with android phones, you can buy memory chips to store data files, pictures, music and etc on, while with the iphone you are stuck with whatever storage you bought (8g, 16g, and 32g). Also, you have a lot of options available in phone selection with android, while with the the iphone you just have one.

HS, I've noticed that depending on where you live, these different wireless companies either have great coverage, or very poor coverage. I was able to eliminate Sprint and TMobile from my area by talking to others who had those companies and they told me they did not get good coverage for my area. I liked US Cellulars plans and philosophy on business, but they just needed more towers closer to my area, I guess. Verizon and AT&T are the two strongest coverages here in Oklahoma, so I am going to have to go with one of them.

Verizon, although they will have their 4G up and running later this year, doesn't mean your phone will necessarily be able to handle 4G speeds. The Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Pro, HTC Incredible, and iPhone 4 etc won't run 4G speeds. The HTC Thunderbolt is one of the first 4G phones Verizon is coming out with. The fact you're changing contracts, don't worry about what 4G yet. Like anything the very first year, there are going to be bugs (Hell the original iPhone didn't even have the phone function working) Give the companies a year to figure out what breaks and how to fix it, and then worry about it. By 2013 when you're up for a new phone, everything should be fine and you'll have a whole slew of choices. Worry about who gives you the best coverage in your area for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Verizon, although they will have their 4G up and running later this year, doesn't mean your phone will necessarily be able to handle 4G speeds. The Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Pro, HTC Incredible, and iPhone 4 etc won't run 4G speeds. The HTC Thunderbolt is one of the first 4G phones Verizon is coming out with. The fact you're changing contracts, don't worry about what 4G yet. Like anything the very first year, there are going to be bugs (Hell the original iPhone didn't even have the phone function working) Give the companies a year to figure out what breaks and how to fix it, and then worry about it. By 2013 when you're up for a new phone, everything should be fine and you'll have a whole slew of choices. Worry about who gives you the best coverage in your area for now.
    When electronics manufacturers became capable of relying on upgradable firmware to make products work as intended, they started introducing products that were not ready, from a code standpoint, figuring they'd eventually get there, provide a patch, and people would deal with the initial bugs.

That's of course led to products where it turns out a fix requires an impractical hardware change. So the price of early adoption is increasing.
    GR lives...

Thread Information