|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

FD is on the wrong forum.

I know that you have been hanging around golfwrx lately FD. Your presence must be rubbing of there, even if you are travelling incognito.
    When you read what the posters over there are on about perhaps you should make the move and join in. They are playing your favorite song.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/...on-the-planet/
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    I know that you have been hanging around golfwrx lately FD. Your presence must be rubbing of there, even if you are travelling incognito.
    When you read what the posters over there are on about perhaps you should make the move and join in. They are playing your favorite song.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/...on-the-planet/
    Great stuff OP. I was booted off of there within an hour a few weeks ago so i haven't been posting over there at all. Ping Eye 2s are indeed a mystical iron. I played them the other day and hit all kinds of neat shots. There's nothing like Ping Eye 2 bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Great stuff OP. I was booted off of there within an hour a few weeks ago so i haven't been posting over there at all. Ping Eye 2s are indeed a mystical iron. I played them the other day and hit all kinds of neat shots. There's nothing like Ping Eye 2 bliss.
    I agree. The irons make you wonder what the inventor was trying to invent -- a golf club, or a snow shovel.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I agree. The irons make you wonder what the inventor was trying to invent -- a golf club, or a snow shovel.
    ..............and what they did was to create, as with Ping K15 irons, golfing nirvana.

I knew these were the words you were looking for to finish your post. Glad i could help.

As you were

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Very funny, very funny...what you do back in Boys Town?

I'd been trying a bunch of different irons recently and finally went back to the Eye 2 irons last Saturday. They are just so much fun to play with and hit. Two shots in particular stand out. On the 10th hole I pushed my drive and it came within a foot of going out of bounds. It was in this little ditch that ran along the out of bounds markers. My only hope of pitching it out was to fade it around a small bush and get it back in the fairway. I chose a 3 iron and hit this perfect shot that went about 120 yards with a fade. On the 14th hole I pushed my drive again and was in the rough about 20 yards behind a huge Eucalyptis tree that blocked my shot to the green. I was about 130 from the green. I choked up on a 4 iron and weakened my grip. I hit this perfect little fading pitch shot that faded right to the green and ran 20 feet past the hole. I knocked the putt in for birdie. These clubs are magical.

I'd been trying a bunch of different irons recently and finally went back to the Eye 2 irons last Saturday. They are just so much fun to play with and hit. Two shots in particular stand out. On the 10th hole I pushed my drive and it came within a foot of going out of bounds. It was in this little ditch that ran along the out of bounds markers. My only hope of pitching it out was to fade it around a small bush and get it back in the fairway. I chose a 3 iron and hit this perfect shot that went about 120 yards with a fade. On the 14th hole I pushed my drive again and was in the rough about 20 yards behind a huge Eucalyptis tree that blocked my shot to the green. I was about 130 from the green. I choked up on a 4 iron and weakened my grip. I hit this perfect little fading pitch shot that faded right to the green and ran 20 feet past the hole. I knocked the putt in for birdie. These clubs are magical.
    Do the koalas know you guys are stealing their food source? (Two koalas posts in the same morning, a video of two Southern gentlemen arrived on the forum yesterday, and I am playing Geoff Ogilvy as my "A Team" player in the fantasy golf match this week. Coincidence you say? Do woodchucks really chuck wood?)

FD, I envy you. I haven't been able to play golf for about 12 straight days now. However, there is sunshine in the gray lining of the clouds. The major storm that was suppose to have dumped 8-10" of snow on us last night was only able to dump 2" of snow. Starting Saturday, we are getting ready to have a week's worth of weather in the mid 50s to the mid 70s. My days of suffering cabin fever are nearly over.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Do the koalas know you guys are stealing their food source? (Two koalas posts in the same morning, a video of two Southern gentlemen arrived on the forum yesterday, and I am playing Geoff Ogilvy as my "A Team" player in the fantasy golf match this week. Coincidence you say? Do woodchucks really chuck wood?)

FD, I envy you. I haven't been able to play golf for about 12 straight days now. However, there is sunshine in the gray lining of the clouds. The major storm that was suppose to have dumped 8-10" of snow on us last night was only able to dump 2" of snow. Starting Saturday, we are getting ready to have a week's worth of weather in the mid 50s to the mid 70s. My days of suffering cabin fever are nearly over.
    In regard to the weather I'd have to say that I can't imagine any better weather than where I'm currently living. San Diego weather is near perfect. I've lived in the Los Angeles area several times and it's about the same but the scenery here is much better.

A few weeks ago it was actually above 80 degrees...in January!! The best thing about the weather here is the lack of humidity. In my first match against Dave Perkins we played in Houston and the humidity was really bad. I believe that was in October so I can't imagine playing in Houston in July or August. Another benefit to living in San Diego is that it always cools down at night. That's something you don't get in Palm Springs, Scottsdale or Florida.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by famousdavis; 02-09-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Don't think so. The s.hit's really gonna start hitting the fan here next week. They're doozies and are guaranteed to absolutely bury you.
    GR lives...

In regard to the weather I'd have to say that I can't imagine any better weather than where I'm currently living. San Diego weather is near perfect. I've lived in the Los Angeles area several times and it's about the same but the scenery here is much better.

A few weeks ago it was actually above 80 degrees...in January!! The best thing about the weather here is the lack of humidity. In my first match against Dave Perkins we played in Houston and the humidity was really bad. I believe that was in October so I can't imagine playing in Houston in July or August. Another benefit to living in San Diego is that it always cools down at night. That's something you don't get in Palm Springs, Scottsdale or Florida.
    Depends on the season. Summer, probably not. Late summer/early fall, it'll cool off and be comfortable. I'm close enough to a coast where I get a breeze more often than not and it helps. The humidity can be pretty brutal in the middle of the summer, but after a couple days to adjust to it, you just get used to it and drink more to compensate. During the summer though, you can go out at 4pm and still get in 18 if it's not storming.

The line you are looking for is "what time are you due back in Boys Town"

You know for Italians they say this is skilled labour.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information