|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    I still don't buy it.
    If this is a hoax it will be the best one since Dorkman died.

I was gonna ask what the postage cost for his bride but I thought better of it as that would have been quite rude of me.

It's just wrong to ask a man what his wife cost, unless you're also in the market.

I'd also want a detailed product review, complete with photos (video if possible), before making any sort of commitment. I pride myself on being an informed consumer.

You know you've spent too much time on GR when...

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Hi

Current CONGU handicap is 9.0

Aiming for 8

Edgey
    My current CONGU handicap is 2.0 - I am aiming for SCR this year. I am not sure that I agree with you that you only have to play below your handicap a couple of times a year under CONGU though!! CONGU represents what you should be able to shoot on an average day in average circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I wouldn't give a fuk about a pre nup as I don't have enough money to worry about it, but I agree with your thoughts. Far better to never get married in the first place, and if you have lots of money insist on living in seperate abodes so she can't go for you under de facto status.
    I admit I've lost the marital idealism I had in my twenties. I'm just not willing to let the chips fall where they may. Reality around here is with an age difference it's necessary and customary. As far as the milk for free, separate abodes thing, it isn't available in this instance and isn't easy to get in my situation.

I've done s.hitty marriage after getting married too young, single collect your winnings, travel and collect your winnings, I'm willing to give this a go, provided we can work out vesting and liquidation.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I admit I've lost the marital idealism I had in my twenties. I'm just not willing to let the chips fall where they may. Reality around here is with an age difference it's necessary and customary. As far as the milk for free, separate abodes thing, it isn't available in this instance and isn't easy to get in my situation.

I've done s.hitty marriage after getting married too young, single collect your winnings, travel and collect your winnings, I'm willing to give this a go, provided we can work out vesting and liquidation.
    Congrats. Any new kids on the way...er...I mean in the plans?
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Congrats. Any new kids on the way...er...I mean in the plans?
    Yes, her. Hopefully that's it.

Ti ringrazio.
    GR lives...

Congrats Lorenzo - Just for my two pennys worth I completely agree with pre-nups and can't believe so many people let their hearts rule their heads. It is not a lack of trust but a contingency plan for both parties. You know what you have to gain or lose by being a tomcat so I think it creates a greater trust if anything because it is not blind, foolish trust but trust where you have all the info.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy
    Congrats Lorenzo - Just for my two pennys worth I completely agree with pre-nups and can't believe so many people let their hearts rule their heads. It is not a lack of trust but a contingency plan for both parties. You know what you have to gain or lose by being a tomcat so I think it creates a greater trust if anything because it is not blind, foolish trust but trust where you have all the info.

Good luck.
    Thanks and well put, P. Very perceptive. The person I'm really afraid of is me. With texting today, old gf-s keep you in their contacts and figure they'll check in from time to time. Then there's new strange.
    GR lives...

Thanks and well put, P. Very perceptive. The person I'm really afraid of is me. With texting today, old gf-s keep you in their contacts and figure they'll check in from time to time. Then there's new strange.
    Yes I hear you there!! Anyway at least you will know what you have to lose in all aspects; financial and emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Just my opinion, but, if people demand a prenup then I think the marriage is doomed in the first place. Lack of trust would be an issue to me. I realize that it is done to protect each individual in the contract, but a legal contract about who gets what if they get divorced is not a good way to start a marriage.
    I disagree although I see where you're coming from. I've seen too many marriages wrecked by financial matters. The people I know who have the happiest marriages are the ones that keep their finances totally separate. I've been with my current girlfriend for three years, and we have lived together the last two, and we have agreed that if and when we do tie the knot, the separate finances would remain.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Just remember that there is no such thing as being friends with an old girlfriend. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that there is no such thing as being friends with any woman. Sure, you might just go to lunch now and then or just talk on the phone but it will eventually lead to more. The only women I can be friends with are ones that I am not attracted to....and even those are risky given the right circumstances. I have never had any desire to be friends with a woman because I really have nothing in common with them and I don't like what they talk about. The only reason I like to be around women is to look at them and the chance that it could lead to more. Since I'm married, I need to stay away from them. Facebook is very dangerous as well.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Just remember that there is no such thing as being friends with an old girlfriend. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that there is no such thing as being friends with any woman. Sure, you might just go to lunch now and then or just talk on the phone but it will eventually lead to more. The only women I can be friends with are ones that I am not attracted to....and even those are risky given the right circumstances. I have never had any desire to be friends with a woman because I really have nothing in common with them and I don't like what they talk about. The only reason I like to be around women is to look at them and the chance that it could lead to more. Since I'm married, I need to stay away from them. Facebook is very dangerous as well.
    100% correct.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I agree to an extent but I have good women friends that I've, you know, done. But the sex wasn't that great or there was something that just didn't click. We still have fun hanging, social networking (pimping) and they do dishes when I cook.

But it is playing with dynamite where there was post-relationship shagging. Facebook and texting are landmines. My fiance has marked her territory on my wall and gives it a freshening at least once a week.
    GR lives...

This echos my thoughts on women. I absolutely love them, but I just don't like them. With the exception of real tom boy women, they are usually pretty cool and not too precious like te rest of them.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I agree to an extent but I have good women friends that I've, you know, done. But the sex wasn't that great or there was something that just didn't click. We still have fun hanging, social networking (pimping) and they do dishes when I cook.

But it is playing with dynamite where there was post-relationship shagging. Facebook and texting are landmines. My fiance has marked her territory on my wall and gives it a freshening at least once a week.
    Do we get to see a photo?
    With such an important change in the status quo at GR I think it is appropriate that the boys are allowed to give their approval.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Do we get to see a photo?
    With such an important change in the status quo at GR I think it is appropriate that the boys are allowed to give their approval.
    Sure, that'd be a smart move. Naked, clothed or somewhere in-between? She had photos done for me.

I still have a photo under my photos of an old gf. She's kind of like her.
    GR lives...

Sure, that'd be a smart move. Naked, clothed or somewhere in-between? She had photos done for me.

What's the big deal? They are already on facebook.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

This echos my thoughts on women. I absolutely love them, but I just don't like them. With the exception of real tom boy women, they are usually pretty cool and not too precious like te rest of them.
    Yeah, but even those you end up doing eventually.

Like you even have to ask that question?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

After two weeks of shooting consistently in the low 80s, my handicap reports have come back and I am now down to a 11.7 handicap. Gradually, but surely the handicap is going down. I have been playing good golf the last month in general, but with the advent of this blizzard, 10 inches of snow on the ground, and it weather that is not suppose to get above freezing but one day in the 7 day forecast, it might be a while before I can get back out on the course to improve my game. In fact, I don't do well with lay offs, so I expect some rustiness whenever I finally get a chance to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    After two weeks of shooting consistently in the low 80s, my handicap reports have come back and I am now down to a 11.7 handicap. Gradually, but surely the handicap is going down. I have been playing good golf the last month in general, but with the advent of this blizzard, 10 inches of snow on the ground, and it weather that is not suppose to get above freezing but one day in the 7 day forecast, it might be a while before I can get back out on the course to improve my game. In fact, I don't do well with lay offs, so I expect some rustiness whenever I finally get a chance to play again.
    If you played Ping clubs you might get even better. Look what Bubba has done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bubba pic.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	2600  

How does the handicapping sytem work there? Do you not have to enter competitions and play from the back tees in order to post handicap counting scores?

How does the handicapping sytem work there? Do you not have to enter competitions and play from the back tees in order to post handicap counting scores?
    Our handicaps are done by the USGA. I belong to a men's golf club where I golf and we all turn in our scores after every round, including tournaments, and we have a member that turns them in to the USGA where we get the handicap figured. I know that it costs us an extra $20 a year to our membership fees to get this done.

We all play from the tips. White tees and silver tee players are for pusssies.

Our handicaps are done by the USGA. I belong to a men's golf club where I golf and we all turn in our scores after every round, including tournaments, and we have a member that turns them in to the USGA where we get the handicap figured. I know that it costs us an extra $20 a year to our membership fees to get this done.

We all play from the tips. White tees and silver tee players are for pusssies.
    Ah OK so when you shoot a poor score does your handicap go up?

Ah OK so when you shoot a poor score does your handicap go up?
    From my experience, it is a lot easier to go down in handicap than it is to go up. Most of the scoring is based on "potential." So, their formulas must favor the better rounds you turn in and cast out some of the worse rounds. I really don't know how it is all figured, but it is the most popular scoring system used in the United States.

From my experience, it is a lot easier to go down in handicap than it is to go up. Most of the scoring is based on "potential." So, their formulas must favor the better rounds you turn in and cast out some of the worse rounds. I really don't know how it is all figured, but it is the most popular scoring system used in the United States.
    Sounds fantastic - I wish the UK was on that system.

The USGA handicapping system is pretty simple. For the NCGA or SCGA systems (northern ca. and southern ca.) you simply enter in your gross score into the computer system, enter the tee you played and the date. That's it. From there the USGA computer program figures out the net score based on the course's slope and the tee you played. After that, the system takes the 10 best scores from your last 20 rounds and then averages them and compares them to the par of the courses you played. That's how your handicap is figured. From your most recent 20 rounds of golf, it takes the 10 best scores and averages them and then subtracts from par.

As a simple example, let's say I play the same course (par 72) for the last 20 rounds. My best ten scores average out to be 80. That means my handicap will be right around an 8. I made it pretty simple by not figuring in the slope (difficulty) factor of the course but the 8 should be pretty close.

The USGA handicapping system is pretty simple. For the NCGA or SCGA systems (northern ca. and southern ca.) you simply enter in your gross score into the computer system, enter the tee you played and the date. That's it. From there the USGA computer program figures out the net score based on the course's slope and the tee you played. After that, the system takes the 10 best scores from your last 20 rounds and then averages them and compares them to the par of the courses you played. That's how your handicap is figured. From your most recent 20 rounds of golf, it takes the 10 best scores and averages them and then subtracts from par.

As a simple example, let's say I play the same course (par 72) for the last 20 rounds. My best ten scores average out to be 80. That means my handicap will be right around an 8. I made it pretty simple by not figuring in the slope (difficulty) factor of the course but the 8 should be pretty close.
    I had been told this once before, but I had forgot. Thanks for the update. You are of average intellect for a PING player. I would have never thought that PING players could reach that high of an intellect. Keep up the studying and you could eventually move into being a consistent blade player of GFF irons.

I had been told this once before, but I had forgot. Thanks for the update. You are of average intellect for a PING player. I would have never thought that PING players could reach that high of an intellect. Keep up the studying and you could eventually move into being a consistent blade player of GFF irons.
    The higher the scores the more complex the calculation. In your case it may require advanced calculus.

The higher the scores the more complex the calculation. In your case it may require advanced calculus.
    What's calculus? Is that like cunnilingus? OK, I'm in . . . . .

The slope and index are set based on the tees you played.

The main difference seems between the two systems seems is the USGA handicap system is trying to predict your potential not your actual score. Fore instance, scores are adjusted to a course/tees giving strokes for harder courses, top 10 of 20 scores are used, and equitable stroke control (ESC) is used. ESC is probably the hardest to wrap your head around. It tries to limit blowup holes from affecting your score. It is not used in tournament scoring. So you have a maximum you can take on a hole based on your current course handicap. Here's the table.

In addition you have tournament scores that remain on your card for 1 year and are also used as part of your best 10 of 20 scores. So if you have someone that consistently shots below their handicap in a tournament then there is little chance they are not sand baggers and should be hung by their member.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    The slope and index are set based on the tees you played.

The main difference seems between the two systems seems is the USGA handicap system is trying to predict your potential not your actual score. Fore instance, scores are adjusted to a course/tees giving strokes for harder courses, top 10 of 20 scores are used, and equitable stroke control (ESC) is used. ESC is probably the hardest to wrap your head around. It tries to limit blowup holes from affecting your score. It is not used in tournament scoring. So you have a maximum you can take on a hole based on your current course handicap. Here's the table.

In addition you have tournament scores that remain on your card for 1 year and are also used as part of your best 10 of 20 scores. So if you have someone that consistently shots below their handicap in a tournament then there is little chance they are not sand baggers and should be hung by their member.
    You just made it that much more confusing. The slope is a measure of a course's difficulty compared to other courses. In the simplest of terms, a 72 on a really challenging course is a much better score than a 72 on an easy or short course. The slope factors that into your handicap. The slope also determins what your handicap will be at any given course you are playing. Each course will have a chart on the wall providing an index to handicap conversion chart. Let's say you are a 4.3 index. That could mean you will play to a 5 handicap at one course and a 4 handicap at another, depending on the courses difficulty rating, or slope. The 5 handicap means the course is tougher.

If you played Ping clubs you might get even better. Look what Bubba has done.
    You have to admit, he's not the manliest looking guy on tour. For a guy with the nick name 'Bubba', he's a sorry excuse for a man. When I heard about this guy I was expecting a JD type of cracker arse with a fat gut, beer can in hand, and flowing mullet. But he looks effemenate and is built like a streak of duck shitt.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

You have to admit, he's not the manliest looking guy on tour. For a guy with the nick name 'Bubba', he's a sorry excuse for a man. When I heard about this guy I was expecting a JD type of cracker arse with a fat gut, beer can in hand, and flowing mullet. But he looks effemenate and is built like a streak of duck shitt.
    I agree. When I heard the name Bubba I was expecting a loudmouth, overweight, Boo Weekley type buffoon. Not that skinny little white dude.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I agree. When I heard the name Bubba I was expecting a loudmouth, overweight, Boo Weekley type buffoon. Not that skinny little white dude.
    The guys is pretty big with broad shoulders. I think he's 6-5 and he crushes the ball. He's also ranked as the best dressed player on the tour. Dude gets a little sad after he wins a tourney. Big friggin' deal. The other day when I had four birdies and an eagle I cried. The reason I cried is because I felt bad for the 99% of golfers who will never achieve the same thing.

You keep saying course when you obviously mean course/tee.

I never go looking for those charts. You are strictly talking about a course handicap, then yes you take the slope/113 x HC. But this doesn't account for your overall handicap. You also forgot to mention the 0.96 number.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    You keep saying course when you obviously mean course/tee.

I never go looking for those charts. You are strictly talking about a course handicap, then yes you take the slope/113 x HC. But this doesn't account for your overall handicap. You also forgot to mention the 0.96 number.
    Of course I meant course/tee. Quit trying to get us off course. Well, for you, I guess that's par for the course.

Got mine down to a 3.55. Of course that's playing the WGT on the computer. SIGH. We won't be on the course around here till some time in April I'm guessing.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

We have adopted the US system for the last 9 months. It has been interesting to see the results of that. Generally you seem to go in and out a lot quicker. Over winter a lot of players at my club went out 4 shots or so. Now as the better Summer conditions are with us they are all coming down again. I have come down a lot also in recent times. I have now achieved a 4 handicap for the first time ever. I think this is partly the result of the new system i believe.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    At the end of season I had a 8.1 hdcp, which I feel is a bit optimistic. On more difficult or longer courses I would say 10-12 is more realistic.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

The guys is pretty big with broad shoulders. I think he's 6-5 and he crushes the ball. He's also ranked as the best dressed player on the tour. Dude gets a little sad after he wins a tourney. Big friggin' deal. The other day when I had four birdies and an eagle I cried. The reason I cried is because I felt bad for the 99% of golfers who will never achieve the same thing.
    He may be tall, but he doesn't have broad shoulders, just bones that stick out sideways. As I said he has the physique of a long streak of duck shitt. And he's a real fashion plate with that visor too. The visor is the faggiest golfing attire you can get, as has been discussed and certified in GR by-laws. Vijay, Monty and Davis Love the Turd are visor men, no more evidence needed.

He may be tall, but he doesn't have broad shoulders, just bones that stick out sideways. As I said he has the physique of a long streak of duck shitt. And he's a real fashion plate with that visor too. The visor is the faggiest golfing attire you can get, as has been discussed and certified in GR by-laws. Vijay, Monty and Davis Love the Turd are visor men, no more evidence needed.
    His wife/stalker (the more you know about this, the creepier it seems) has broader shoulders than him. Bigger boned too.
    GR lives...

His wife/stalker (the more you know about this, the creepier it seems) has broader shoulders than him. Bigger boned too.
    Wow, that was his wife? I thought it may have been his mother, which was very creepy initself the way he kissed her on the mouth. Generally golf pros marry way above their own league, but every now and then a golfer marries before he becomes famous and marries at his own level, like Bubba.

Wow, that was his wife? I thought it may have been his mother, which was very creepy initself the way he kissed her on the mouth. Generally golf pros marry way above their own league, but every now and then a golfer marries before he becomes famous and marries at his own level, like Bubba.
    If I was him, I would have made sure "she" had a chromosome test before I married "her."
    GR lives...

If I was him, I would have made sure "she" had a chromosome test before I married "her."
    You guys are so nice and pleasant. Now I know why I choose to post on this site.

Fred Couples is a visor guy and he's cool. Mickelson wears them as well. As a person with a large head, it's difficult to find hats that fit me. The only hats I can wear comfortably are the Nike TW collection in extra large or the Titleist bucket hats in extra large. A visor is great for a guy like me. Plus, if you have a full head of hair they look really sexy.

I would disagree with your board shoulder statement. He has broad shoulders. They just aren't muscular. Look at Goydos, he has muscles but not frame to hang them on. Two different things. The width of the shoulders has more to do with the bones than the muscles.

Bubba is six ft three... I know because he is married to a hot blonde former college baskatball star who is six ft four, and he slightly looks up at her...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I like Bubba whenever he was cussing out Elkington and showed a bad temper. I don't care for the sensitive, crying, sniveling Bubba.

Fred Couples is a visor guy and he's cool. Mickelson wears them as well. As a person with a large head, it's difficult to find hats that fit me. The only hats I can wear comfortably are the Nike TW collection in extra large or the Titleist bucket hats in extra large. A visor is great for a guy like me. Plus, if you have a full head of hair they look really sexy.
    As I've said before, I rock the visor and I am a fierce fashion icon. I don't go with the white golf visors. Usually Carolina Panthers,ECU, or Braves. I can't stand wearing a cap in triple digit heat.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    Bubba is six ft three... I know because he is married to a hot blonde former college baskatball star who is six ft four, and he slightly looks up at her...
    I saw them hug after the tournament and he's definitely taller than her. I think he's 6-5. Hes definitely taller than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    As I've said before, I rock the visor and I am a fierce fashion icon. I don't go with the white golf visors. Usually Carolina Panthers,ECU, or Braves. I can't stand wearing a cap in triple digit heat.
    Home Slice, so many of the things you say hit home with me. Maybe that's why they call you Home Slice. Visors are cool in every way. Just because NAH likes to look like a Bucket Head doesn't mean the rest of us need to. You know what? I'm going to go buy a black visor today and wear it on Friday and Saturday.

Visors are certainly gayer looking than caps, but I can appreciate the heat and good hair arguments.

Personally, I have great hair...probably because I spend so much time making sure each hair is adequately gelled into place (and genetics of course). The key to really great looking hair is in the products you use also. I use American Crew Forming Cream (green top)...this is the only gel (really cream) that has the strength to hold the hair in place without looking like there is product in it. The downside is it doesn't take much force to break the hold. Putting a cap on instantly destroys all my hard work...picture a beautiful sand castle getting hit by a wave. Visor's are much more hair friendly, but can still upset the hairs just above the ear line.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Visors are certainly gay er looking than caps, but I can appreciate the heat and good hair arguments.

Personally, I have great hair...probably because I spend so much time making sure each hair is adequately gelled into place (and genetics of course). The key to really great looking hair is in the products you use also. I use American Crew Forming Cream (green top)...this is the only gel (really cream) that has the strength to hold the hair in place without looking like there is product in it. The downside is it doesn't take much force to break the hold. Putting a cap on instantly destroys all my hard work...picture a beautiful sand castle getting hit by a wave. Visor's are much more hair friendly, but can still upset the hairs just above the ear line.
    All this concern about your hair makes you a perfect candidate for a visor.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 02-02-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Visors are certainly gayer looking than caps, but I can appreciate the heat and good hair arguments.

I wish I knew about this when I was still on the hunt. My hair's great and all, but the idea that it could have been even better in a way that I could have ratcheted myself up the p.ussy pole leaves me feeling a bit empty.
    GR lives...

All this concern about your hair makes you sound perfectly suited to wearing a visor.
    I always get this from the follically challenged.

I always get this from the follically challenged.
    I've still got plenty of hair. Although my forehead has definitely grown in the past 10 years.

Now where the f#ck am I?

American crew Forming cream...do you buy this at a specialty store or at a place like Target? I'm always looking out for good hair gel.

I've still got plenty of hair. Although my forehead has definitely grown in the past 10 years.
    Where my hair tends to stand up a bit instead of covering my forehead, the goal of a receder is to pull some bangs forward or swoop some hair over from the side.

American crew Forming cream...do you buy this at a specialty store or at a place like Target? I'm always looking out for good hair gel.
    You can get it at target or many salons, but it will cost you $15 to 20 for a 3 oz. You could always try amazon (not sure what shipping would be): http://www.amazon.com/American-Crew-...ef=pd_sim_bt_1

I wish I knew about this when I was still on the hunt. My hair's great and all, but the idea that it could have been even better in a way that I could have ratcheted myself up the p.ussy pole leaves me feeling a bit empty.
    Zo, its never to late to reinvent your hair strategy. Almost all of my friends (without receding hair and even some with) have had the same hair style since they graduated college.

You can get it at target or many salons, but it will cost you $15 to 20 for a 3 oz. You could always try amazon (not sure what shipping would be): http://www.amazon.com/American-Crew-...ef=pd_sim_bt_1
    While I might act on this, we're now in the kind of metrosexual, GolfWRX-like territory that makes me uncomfortable, unless I'm pretending to be a woman. I may need to watch that Hammer video again.

Just joking Kiwi, nobody would watch that.
    GR lives...

While I might act on this, we're now in the kind of metrosexual, GolfWRX-like territory that makes me uncomfortable, unless I'm pretending to be a woman. I may need to watch that Hammer video again.

Just joking Kiwi, nobody would watch that.
    You already admitted to shaving your junk so that makes you 50% metro right there.

You already admitted to shaving your junk so that makes you 50% metro right there.
    I thought you were only classified metro if you wax.

You know the old male Brazilian sack and crack job. Ouch, makes the eyes water just thinking about it.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Anything that's hidden much of the time and gets one more head doesn't make one a metrosexual.
    GR lives...

I thought you were only classified metro if you wax.

You know the old male Brazilian sack and crack job. Ouch, makes the eyes water just thinking about it.
    You guys know way too much about this subject IMO.

You guys know way too much about this subject IMO.
    You wanna get blown these days then you're talking hair removal. I for one am willing do anything to make that happen.
    GR lives...

You wanna get blown these days then you're talking hair removal. I for one am willing do anything to make that happen.
    I second that. And Zo, you need to watch the Hammer video again. Everyone should watch it again. Seriously, 5 or 6 more times and you will see the subtle humor.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I was under the impression that you just tell the woman what you want and they instantly comply. Such is your authority and animal magnetism.
    Now you're telling me that without certain jumping through hoops you can't get what you want. Don't tell me they are calling the shots!! Your ruining the illusion. Sooner will be most upset.

I second that. And Zo, you need to watch the Hammer video again. Everyone should watch it again. Seriously, 5 or 6 more times and you will see the subtle humor.
    I acknowledge the subtle humor, for sure. In fact it had everything, with the exception of an old fool who can't play golf demonstrating it via slow motion kung foo fighting as he came dangerously close to falling in an adjacent children's pool.
    GR lives...

As a famous Australian comedian (who I have posted links to here on occassion) would put it "She has to kick start her vibrator, she can roll her own tampons, she can suck the chrome off a towbar!"

Tiger wears a hat, not a visor. End of argument.

As for all you heir people, I admit that I don't have quite the full head of hair I once had but I still have plenty enough to style it if I wished. But in the time before I was shackled, I noticed that quite a few women appreciated the more rugged type of guy who didn't worry about whether there was a hair ut of place. I think they found the self confidence of a guy who was comfortable enough to not give a shite about his hair as a bit of a turn on.

Tiger wears a hat, not a visor. End of argument.

As for all you heir people, I admit that I don't have quite the full head of hair I once had but I still have plenty enough to style it if I wished. But in the time before I was shackled, I noticed that quite a few women appreciated the more rugged type of guy who didn't worry about whether there was a hair ut of place. I think they found the self confidence of a guy who was comfortable enough to not give a shite about his hair as a bit of a turn on.

In other words your bald

[/B]

In other words your bald
    Far from it, just a little thin at the crown, but the rest is as thick as ever. I just haven't brushed it or put product in it for aboiut 10 years. IMO when your hair can't look tidy by rubbing it dry wiht a towel, it's time for a hair cut.

I like Bubba whenever he was cussing out Elkington and showed a bad temper. I don't care for the sensitive, crying, sniveling Bubba.
    +1. That smack down of the Elk was great stuff, but the new Bubba is a pathetic sook. It's no coincidence that he is also part of the visor brigade.

I just finished my first full year of handing in scores to have my handicap figured. The Oklahoma Golf Association does this for us and they use whatever handicapping parameters that is used by the USGA.

I ended the year with a 12.8 handicap. The highest it ever got was 13.2. It started out at a 9.8, but I don't how it was ever that low.

I like keeping a handicap because it gives me some thing to improve on. Realistically, I'd like to try and bring it down to a 10 this year. I think I can. I had a horrible Summer and the scores suffered. I just kind of lost my swing. Right now, to start the year, I am back to hitting the ball pretty decent for me.
    First, the world amateur statistics reveal that MOST amateurs don't bother with posting scores, they don't maintain a handicap index.

Second, those same statistics show that amateur golf ability is dropping like a rock. Thousands can't even come close to breaking 100 on an 18 hole course. They can't hit fairways and greens in regulation are an impossible dream.

PGA pros know about this trend, know that more and more amateurs are starting golf, then quitting. Fewer are buying clubs or balls. Fewer are joining golf clubs. More are dropping out.

Why? Who knows? But likely it is the "right now" psyche of today's young person. In this cell phone world of 500 TV channels, TIVO, and MTV, they just don't have the ability to patiently and persistently do anything, much less develop a golf game. So regardless of instruction, they are NOT going to develop the skills and muscle memory that golf requires-and has always required. If they can't just pay the money for a lesson and then go over to the range and hit them all straight and long, well, I quit! This is taking too long!

just my 2c--but it is also the opinion of the older teaching pros I know.

The outlook for golf and golf courses is not good. Sell your Callaway and Taylormade stock. There are going to be condos where there are golf courses now.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf
    First, the world amateur statistics reveal that MOST amateurs don't bother with posting scores, they don't maintain a handicap index.

Second, those same statistics show that amateur golf ability is dropping like a rock. Thousands can't even come close to breaking 100 on an 18 hole course. They can't hit fairways and greens in regulation are an impossible dream.

PGA pros know about this trend, know that more and more amateurs are starting golf, then quitting. Fewer are buying clubs or balls. Fewer are joining golf clubs. More are dropping out.

Why? Who knows? But likely it is the "right now" psyche of today's young person. In this cell phone world of 500 TV channels, TIVO, and MTV, they just don't have the ability to patiently and persistently do anything, much less develop a golf game. So regardless of instruction, they are NOT going to develop the skills and muscle memory that golf requires-and has always required. If they can't just pay the money for a lesson and then go over to the range and hit them all straight and long, well, I quit! This is taking too long!

The outlook for golf and golf courses is not good. Sell your Callaway and Taylormade stock. There are going to be condos where there are golf courses now.

Larry
    I tell ya golf courses and cemeteries are the biggest wastes of prime real estate. Full of dead people.

Larry
    You have no idea. People younger and younger are starting the sport. There are scratch golfers at my club, how old you ask? 9 yrs old. These kids come straight from school to the course to practice and play. They are out there everyday on the weekends. Kids never started golf this early back in your day larry, golf was for businessmen. But thanks to Tiger, golf has evolved into something big. Don't blame dedication and interest in golf. Blame the economy.
    Golf

I saw them hug after the tournament and he's definitely taller than her. I think he's 6-5. Hes definitely taller than you.
    http://golfgrooves.blogspot.com/2010...ba-watson.html
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by qtong
    You have no idea. People younger and younger are starting the sport. There are scratch golfers at my club, how old you ask? 9 yrs old. These kids come straight from school to the course to practice and play. They are out there everyday on the weekends. Kids never started golf this early back in your day larry, golf was for businessmen. But thanks to Tiger, golf has evolved into something big. Don't blame dedication and interest in golf. Blame the economy.
    I'd like to see one of these 9 year old scratch golfers. I'd guess they prescribe to the Larry RSF handicap system i.e. you make up good scores or just write down what you think you shouldhave got on each hole, disregarding putting as part f the game. This is over the top BS Qtong, like the rest of your post. Larry is right on this one, golf is a dying sport. Clubs are losing members hand over fist in Oz, and the biggest short fall is in the juniors. High costs, combined with 5-6 hour rounds is killing golf as appealing for families, and juniors would rather be playing footy or cricket, or surfing. I only keep playing because I play on a course which takes 4 hours to play, and has early tee times so I can be home by lunch time. I wouldn't be playing if I had to take a 6-7 hour chunk outf my day.

I think slow play is the biggest killer of the game. Even at my course, where 4 - 4.5 hours is considered relatively quick, I could play in a four wiht nobody in front and fnish in a round 3 hours without pushing it. Nobody wants to keep waiting on every shot and every hole because one group of hopeless high handicap old fuks 3 groups up front has lost 4 holes. It only takes a small minority of players (>5%) to be slow to ruin it for the rest. There is no justifiable reason for slow play in golf, even if you get a fw bad breaks you cnstill make it up over 18 holes. Some guys are just hopelessly slow and have no consideration for anyone else on the course. Personally I think all slow players should be identified and placed in groups at the back of the field.

I'd like to see one of these 9 year old scratch golfers. I'd guess they prescribe to the Larry RSF handicap system i.e. you make up good scores or just write down what you think you shouldhave got on each hole, disregarding putting as part f the game. This is over the top BS Qtong, like the rest of your post. Larry is right on this one, golf is a dying sport. Clubs are losing members hand over fist in Oz, and the biggest short fall is in the juniors. High costs, combined with 5-6 hour rounds is killing golf as appealing for families, and juniors would rather be playing footy or cricket, or surfing. I only keep playing because I play on a course which takes 4 hours to play, and has early tee times so I can be home by lunch time. I wouldn't be playing if I had to take a 6-7 hour chunk outf my day.

I think slow play is the biggest killer of the game. Even at my course, where 4 - 4.5 hours is considered relatively quick, I could play in a four wiht nobody in front and fnish in a round 3 hours without pushing it. Nobody wants to keep waiting on every shot and every hole because one group of hopeless high handicap old fuks 3 groups up front has lost 4 holes. It only takes a small minority of players (>5%) to be slow to ruin it for the rest. There is no justifiable reason for slow play in golf, even if you get a fw bad breaks you cnstill make it up over 18 holes. Some guys are just hopelessly slow and have no consideration for anyone else on the course. Personally I think all slow players should be identified and placed in groups at the back of the field.
    Generally not at 9 but there are plenty by the time they're 11.
    GR lives...

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    So? Serious golfers do. Why don't you? Oh, I know!

It's because it showed you up as a phony.

Let's see something that backs up that claim, which even if true may only mean that more and more people are taking up the game.

You have no clue whether any of that is true or not.

Isn't it amazing how every opinion you've ever had is in complete accord with "teaching pros [you] know"?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    So? Serious golfers do. Why don't you? Oh, I know!

It's because it showed you up as a phony.

Let's see something that backs up that claim, which even if true may only mean that more and more people are taking up the game.

You have no clue whether any of that is true or not.

Isn't it amazing how every opinion you've ever had is in complete accord with "teaching pros [you] know"?
    You do know that if you approached any of these guys they wouldn't admit knowing Larry, they just humour him cause he's an easy mark for them and he's putting thier kids through college. To golf pros Larry is the gift that keeps on giving

Generally not at 9 but there are plenty by the time they're 11.
    If someone is off SCR by 11 years old they should win Majors!

I know a guy on the European Tour because I played with him lots as kids. He was off SCR in the UK at 13 and that was considered very good. I started playing at 10 and got to 3 at 14 years old but I wasn't good enough by far to make it.

I am not sure there are ANY scr players at the age of 11 in the UK.

I know a guy on the European Tour because I played with him lots as kids. He was off SCR in the UK at 13 and that was considered very good. I started playing at 10 and got to 3 at 14 years old but I wasn't good enough by far to make it.

It's pretty much the same in Oz, any kid who could get to scratch by even 14 would make the news. Tiger didn't get to scratch til he was 13, and he started at 3 years old and is considered the best of all time right through every age group. But Qtong knows plenty of 9 year olds off scratch. ROFLMAO.

It's pretty much the same in Oz, any kid who could get to scratch by even 14 would make the news. Tiger didn't get to scratch til he was 13, and he started at 3 years old and is considered the best of all time right through every age group. But Qtong knows plenty of 9 year olds off scratch. ROFLMAO.
    It is hard for a 9 year old to have the physical capability to play off SCR unless they are playing a 6000yrd track maybe. Even then they would be superhuman good! On a 7000yrd plus track I'd say it is near impossible for a kid of 9 to play consistently off SCR.

Checking into it here locally, for the top kids it seems to happen around 13, but there are some who get there earlier. They aren't playing from the tips, but as I would think you'd know, you don't have to to become scratch. This year there was a 14 year old from Colorado who competed nationally who was a legitimate +4.5 and produced some top 10-s amongst kids up to 18. Two other 14 year olds were right behind him. He was in the 60-s in many rounds on really tough courses playing around 7,200 yards. Next time I see his dad, I'll ask him when he reached scratch.

As a matter of fact, Tiger's junior scores here haven't held up for a number of years. What was then groundbreaking in terms of score is now middle of the pack for the upper echelon. To say his junior scores remain outstanding is a complete falsehood. And the competition he faced was laughable whereas today there's plenty who can compete at that level.

I don't know the particulars of Australian or British kids until they start competing internationally at around 15 but they're in about the same league in terms of score. Malnutrition from British food may delay their development.

Pottsy, your 3 at 14 would get you nothing more than sympathy around here by top juniors, if they noticed you at all which is unlikely.
    GR lives...

Checking into it here locally, for the top kids it seems to happen around 13, but there are some who get there earlier. They aren't playing from the tips, but as I would think you'd know, you don't have to to become scratch. This year there was a 14 year old from Colorado who competed nationally who was a legitimate +4.5 and produced some top 10-s amongst kids up to 18. Two other 14 year olds were right behind him. He was in the 60-s in many rounds on really tough courses playing around 7,200 yards. Next time I see his dad, I'll ask him when he reached scratch.

As a matter of fact, Tiger's junior scores here haven't held up for a number of years. What was then groundbreaking in terms of score is now middle of the pack for the upper echelon. To say his junior scores remain outstanding is a complete falsehood. And the competition he faced was laughable whereas today there's plenty who can compete at that level.

I don't know the particulars of Australian or British kids until they start competing internationally at around 15 but they're in about the same league in terms of score. Malnutrition from British food may delay their development.

Pottsy, your 3 at 14 would get you nothing more than sympathy around here by top juniors, if they noticed you at all which is unlikely.
    Lorenzo, I think, perhaps, you misunderstood something here. I openly admit that my handicap at 14 years old was not spectacular and that I wasn't good enough at that age to be top echelon. I didn't play for my Country for instance though I did play for my County and for North of England Boys.

Also, you have, in your most recent post, agreed with everything I said in my previous post.

Young golfers in the UK can compete internationally at any age anyway and some do. The aim these days seem always to be good enough to go College in the US and play full time golf there.

I have a book by Jack Nicklaus and in one section of it he talks about when he was in 4th grade his teacher said to him "I saw in the paper today it listed the lowest handicaps in the city and yours was the lowest at +2". If that's true it means he was a +2 at the age of 9. That may be exaggerated and it may be from the red tees,who knows? Being scratch isn't even close to being good enough to play on any tour. Remember that scratch is the average score of the best 10 rounds out of your last 20. That means that most of your scores are above par and probably from an easy course compared to the conditions of a tour event. I've played with a guy who was a +3 and won several local amateur events and there's no way he could play on any tour.

Lorenzo, I think, perhaps, you misunderstood something here. I openly admit that my handicap at 14 years old was not spectacular and that I wasn't good enough at that age to be top echelon. I didn't play for my Country for instance though I did play for my County and for North of England Boys.

Also, you have, in your most recent post, agreed with everything I said in my previous post.

Young golfers in the UK can compete internationally at any age anyway and some do. The aim these days seem always to be good enough to go College in the US and play full time golf there.
    I was responding to NAH as well, but your comment did indicate scratch required play from the tips which is false.

I had the opportunity to meet and spend time with Paul Casey's dad last summer. He had been head of England's junior program but apparently now has move on to head their professional activity. England has been lagging in producing real young virtuosos, but they're starting to catch up. Interestingly, the super young kids that win early generally don't fare well as pros.
    GR lives...

I have a book by Jack Nicklaus and in one section of it he talks about when he was in 4th grade his teacher said to him "I saw in the paper today it listed the lowest handicaps in the city and yours was the lowest at +2". If that's true it means he was a +2 at the age of 9. That may be exaggerated and it may be from the red tees,who knows? Being scratch isn't even close to being good enough to play on any tour. Remember that scratch is the average score of the best 10 rounds out of your last 20. That means that most of your scores are above par and probably from an easy course compared to the conditions of a tour event. I've played with a guy who was a +3 and won several local amateur events and there's no way he could play on any tour.
    I know that things are different in the US but in the UK your handicap is only valid from one set of tees and that is the competition tees (back tees). I can't really comment on Nicklaus suffice to say I think he is the greatest. I prob don't think he was +2 at 9 but I am going off UK handicaps.

My mate plays on tour and was leading the 2006 US Open going into the last round and he turned Pro at +2 so handicaps are not always the measure. There are guys in my County off +4 who could not make it on Tour in a million years but they are very good golfers.

I know that things are different in the US but in the UK your handicap is only valid from one set of tees and that is the competition tees (back tees). I can't really comment on Nicklaus suffice to say I think he is the greatest. I prob don't think he was +2 at 9 but I am going off UK handicaps.

My mate plays on tour and was leading the 2006 US Open going into the last round and he turned Pro at +2 so handicaps are not always the measure. There are guys in my County off +4 who could not make it on Tour in a million years but they are very good golfers.
    Caps are just different in the two places. A +2 US wouldn't even get one a full ride college scholarship. That said, the thing these days is for a kid to stop posting and maintaining a handicap once they win a prominent tournament. At that point they become more focused on competition and course records.
    GR lives...

I think Nicklaus probably was a +2. He was big for his age as a kid and won all kinds of tournaments as a junior. He's the greatest golfer of all time by far so it's kind of hard to doubt it.

I know what you're saying about some guys not making it . The tournament factor has a lot to do with it. I've seen guys play that you would swear could make it on the tour. They get in a tournament and everything changes. They just can't score.

I was responding to NAH as well, but your comment did indicate scratch required play from the tips which is false.

I had the opportunity to meet and spend time with Paul Casey's dad last summer. He had been head of England's junior program but apparently now has move on to head their professional activity. England has been lagging in producing real young virtuosos, but they're starting to catch up. Interestingly, the super young kids that win early generally don't fare well as pros.
    I think that conversation with Casey's dad would have been interesting.

In the UK any handicap requires that you play from the back tees. So to be off Scratch you must be able to get there playing from the back tees. Also we do not have the same system as you and under Congu everytime a category 1 player shoots 2 shots above their handicap it goes up by 0.1.

I think that conversation with Casey's dad would have been interesting.

In the UK any handicap requires that you play from the back tees. So to be off Scratch you must be able to get there playing from the back tees. Also we do not have the same system as you and under Congu everytime a category 1 player shoots 2 shots above their handicap it goes up by 0.1.
    It was fascinating. Intelligent, well spoken guy with really good teeth, surprisingly. At the time his son had just been left off the Ryder Cup team which while he understood, he felt badly about it. He was at a US tournament with a couple of English kids, one of whom was 17 and was one of the longest drivers there. We're talking roughly 320+ with medium roll. That's what the next wave will produce. Problem is, this kid could drive great but wasn't at the same level with the rest of his game.
    GR lives...

It was fascinating. Intelligent, well spoken guy with really good teeth, surprisingly. At the time his son had just been left off the Ryder Cup team which while he understood, he felt badly about it. He was at a US tournament with a couple of English kids, one of whom was 17 and was one of the longest drivers there. We're talking roughly 320+ with medium roll. That's what the next wave will produce. Problem is, this kid could drive great but wasn't at the same level with the rest of his game.
    Yes my friend has just returned from US college last year and he is in that mould. He plays off +2 and drives it miles and I mean miles. But he doesn't score as well as his long game suggests he should. In fact I beat him in the semi-final of the Club Championship last year and I should get nowhere near him really no matter how well I play.

Less of the teeth comments Lorenzo. I will not be bullied on our GR outing! :-)

I think Nicklaus probably was a +2. He was big for his age as a kid and won all kinds of tournaments as a junior. He's the greatest golfer of all time by far so it's kind of hard to doubt it.

I know what you're saying about some guys not making it . The tournament factor has a lot to do with it. I've seen guys play that you would swear could make it on the tour. They get in a tournament and everything changes. They just can't score.
    I agree with your sentiments about Nicklaus and I am a great admirer of his but +2 at 9 is impossible as I understand it. Certainly in the UK it would be.

Yes my friend has just returned from US college last year and he is in that mould. He plays off +2 and drives it miles and I mean miles. But he doesn't score as well as his long game suggests he should. In fact I beat him in the semi-final of the Club Championship last year and I should get nowhere near him really no matter how well I play.

Less of the teeth comments Lorenzo. I will not be bullied on our GR outing! :-)
    I suspect you realize that's like asking me to make more teeth comments so I'll try and oblige. I'm not being cruel, I'm thinking of all the unemployed dentists in England.

I'm Italian for pete's sake, it isn't hard to return fire.
    GR lives...

I suspect you realize that's like asking me to make more teeth comments so I'll try and oblige. I'm not being cruel, I'm thinking of all the unemployed dentists in England.

I'm Italian for pete's sake, it isn't hard to return fire.
    I certainly do! You are just like my pals at home - relentless!

Anyway I wouldn't return fire Lorenzo, you would probably just surrender anyhow!! :-)

I certainly do! You are just like my pals at home - relentless!

Anyway I wouldn't return fire Lorenzo, you would probably just surrender anyhow!! :-)
    There you go. You're now finally ready for your GR match.
    GR lives...

There you go. You're now finally ready for your GR match.
    Haha... to get spanked by the yanks or to spank the yanks!! :-)

Thread Information