|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Best golf tip you ever got....

Yes some say that one should avoid tips but c'mon! There are some real nuggets to be found. Wha is the best tip you ever got and incorperated it into your game? For me it was a simple tip on the set up that helped me with a once long standing issue with the right knee. It is simply to kick the right knee in when I take my set up. This sees my weight shift on the right inside foot on the backswing & helps to keep the flex in the right knee.

1. "Never pay attention to a tip on a golf board."

2. From a pro at an actual lesson. "Don't think 'keep your head down.' Think 'hold your spine angle.' "

3. Another tip from a pro at a lesson. "Keep it simple. Get your setup right, then no more than two thoughts during the backswing and swing." (For me, "good turn, and soft hands.")
    Seldom right, never in doubt......

15 years ago I had a guy yell at me from the group behind me and tell me, "Why don't you go back to the club house and play pool?!"

I've often wondered where my life could have turned if I had only listened to his tip instead of flipping him the bird . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Stop thinking about finding the perfect swing and find out what works for you is number one on my list. Look at the Tour. Plenty of successful guys with less than perfect swings.

"Hit the ball before your shiat gets stiff." I hate watching players sit over the ball for what seems like hours. Too much time over the ball can lead to nothing but bad. The more time between decision and execution allows for indecision. Pick your line address the ball, waggle or two then execute.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    "Hit the ball before your shiat gets stiff." I hate watching players sit over the ball for what seems like hours. Too much time over the ball can lead to nothing but bad. The more time between decision and execution allows for indecision. Pick your line address the ball, waggle or two then execute.
    LOL - my Dad has a friend who pauses for what seems like an eternity over the ball. We often ask if he is saying the Lords Prayer?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Tee'd Off
    Yes some say that one should avoid tips but c'mon! There are some real nuggets to be found. Wha is the best tip you ever got and incorperated it into your game? For me it was a simple tip on the set up that helped me with a once long standing issue with the right knee. It is simply to kick the right knee in when I take my set up. This sees my weight shift on the right inside foot on the backswing & helps to keep the flex in the right knee.
    The best tip I ever got was when I caddied at Sherwood. I received $100 for carrying two bags for 18 holes. Yes, at one time I was a pro jock. A looper.

Trigger finger and thumb......
    Right hand, keep the thumb to the left of the grip when looking from above rather than straight down the shaft, much more power and the club seldom turns in your hand.
    Index finger should be in the trigger position like the trigger of a gun
    Uncle showed me that as a lad, he was a scratch golfer and that tip has stuck with me since.
    Every time i see a weak grip i pass the tip to that person, they dont feel the power immediatly but it comes to them soon enough
    Heehaw

Another good tip I got was if the ball is sitting down in bermuda grass for a greenside chip then splash it like a bunker shot. Will not have any spin but comes out clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelman
    Another good tip I got was if the ball is sitting down in bermuda grass for a greenside chip then splash it like a bunker shot. Will not have any spin but comes out clean.
    Or if you are a certain fat headed PGA tour player you can keep patting the grass down behind the ball until your lie becomes perfect.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    LOL - my Dad has a friend who pauses for what seems like an eternity over the ball. We often ask if he is saying the Lords Prayer?
    Got a buddy who does this....its especially funny when the ground is wet and we hear the 'swish swish swish' sound from him bouncing his weight back and forth from side to side. Its hard not to laugh to be honest.

tie:
    if your don't play every week, don't use your driver or something like that by Harvey Penick

-and-

take two weeks off from golf and don't go back.
    Last edited by ironman; 09-22-2010 at 06:45 AM.
    golf's a relaxing betting game.

Thread Information