|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Shììittt... We got 12" of wet snow last nite here

... well, time to move to San Diego... It was wet snow so it's heavy and it took me almost 3 hrs to clear my driveway (and helping my neighbors as well)

I hear ya. Sometimes the weather really sucks, man. It's gnarly here too. Today there might be some wind and over the week-end it could drop into the 60-s! Brrrrr!!

Monday there's a chance of showers! Even Nancy may have to cover up. It so sucks when it's not in the 70-s.

10 Day Forecast

Can't wait for summer.
    Last edited by lorenzoinoc; 01-27-2011 at 09:58 AM.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    ... well, time to move to San Diego... It was wet snow so it's heavy and it took me almost 3 hrs to clear my driveway (and helping my neighbors as well)
    I'm in the next populous ville south of you and we got around 10". My employer offered "Liberal Leave Policy In Effect" so I took the day off anyway even though I am the diametrical of liberal. Must have moved 20,000 pounds of the white sh*te. Good exercise, though. I chose to go to basic training in San Diego instead of Chicago back in '67 and arrived there in the second week of December to find an inch or two at sea level on Point Loma. The first time they had recorded snowfall since 1910. That was one cold couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    I'm in the next populous ville south of you and we got around 10". My employer offered "Liberal Leave Policy In Effect" so I took the day off anyway even though I am the diametrical of liberal. Must have moved 20,000 pounds of the white sh*te. Good exercise, though. I chose to go to basic training in San Diego instead of Chicago back in '67 and arrived there in the second week of December to find an inch or two at sea level on Point Loma. The first time they had recorded snowfall since 1910. That was one cold couple of months.
    Seriously? It sounds like you might be confused a little. I've seen snowflakes inland a couple of times but nothing that stuck. Never even heard of snow at the coast.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I lived just outside of Chicago in Naperville for about a year. We had an older home where the garage was seperated from the house. The worst thing was leaving the house and then entering the freezing garage and sitting in my car waiting for it to warm up at 7:30am. I remember how painful it was just to walk 100 feet from my car into a Costco. I also remember shoveling snow and how much I hated it. Talk about a workout! If you want to get yourself sick try going out into freezing weather and shoveling snow. Outside it's freezing but your internal body is warming up so you start to sweat. Then you go inside and really start to sweat and then you start to freeze when your heartrate goes back down and you're covered in cold sweat.

I remember visiting a country club that cost $40K to join and $500 a month so that you could play from April through October. You still had to pay dues the other 5 months.

I could never go back to living in the cold...ever...no matter how much they paid me.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I lived just outside of Chicago in Naperville for about a year. We had an older home where the garage was seperated from the house. The worst thing was leaving the house and then entering the freezing garage and sitting in my car waiting for it to warm up at 7:30am. I remember how painful it was just to walk 100 feet from my car into a Costco. I also remember shoveling snow and how much I hated it. Talk about a workout! If you want to get yourself sick try going out into freezing weather and shoveling snow. Outside it's freezing but your internal body is warming up so you start to sweat. Then you go inside and really start to sweat and then you start to freeze when your heartrate goes back down and you're covered in cold sweat.

I remember visiting a country club that cost $40K to join and $500 a month so that you could play from April through October. You still had to pay dues the other 5 months.

I could never go back to living in the cold...ever...no matter how much they paid me.
    Actually, this has no effect on your body's immunology whatsoever. Your mother didn't know what she was talking about.
    GR lives...

Hell, right now its a balmy 29 degrees here with about2 feet of snow on the ground. sunday supposed to drop down to a low of -9 F. Really starting to see why people become snowbirds. Had just about enough of this crap after 53 years.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Come and live in Oz boys. Beautiful sunny day here with light winds, temp about 27* celcius (what's that 70-75?). Just about to head out for my game with Kiwi.
    We only see the snow when we choose to. That is, head up to the mountains for a touch of skiing.
    Sometimes it's a real chore being able to play golf 365 days a year.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

FD,,, I understand, once you move to CA (from SF, all the way down to SD) you never want to move back to the east coast... I would not. I play to "take this job and shove it" somewhere in 2013... 2 locations in mind right now: Chandler AZ, Poway San Diego or Orange county CA. Chandler AZ is much more affordable, hot and dry in summer but I was OK playing golf there one summer at 105 ... will see

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I hear ya. Sometimes the weather really sucks, man. It's gnarly here too. Today there might be some wind and over the week-end it could drop into the 60-s! Brrrrr!!

Monday there's a chance of showers! Even Nancy may have to cover up. It so sucks when it's not in the 70-s.

10 Day Forecast

Can't wait for summer.
    Yes, i love laguna beach and Newport beach

Seriously? It sounds like you might be confused a little. I've seen snowflakes inland a couple of times but nothing that stuck. Never even heard of snow at the coast.
    You were either not born or not speaking English yet in '67. Check the archives of the Union or the Tribune (as I recall, those were the two SDiego papers back then although maybe they merged or tanked). I've not been confused abouth anything for over 20 years.

You were either not born or not speaking English yet in '67. Check the archives of the Union or the Tribune (as I recall, those were the two SDiego papers back then although maybe they merged or tanked). I've not been confused abouth anything for over 20 years.
    So not since they took you go Portland and told you it was San Diego?
    GR lives...

So not since they took you go Portland and told you it was San Diego?
    The only Portland I've been in physically is in Maine. Other coast. Different weather. I apologise about the English speaking. Rosetta Stone may help.

The only Portland I've been in physically is in Maine. Other coast. Different weather. I apologise about the English speaking. Rosetta Stone may help.
    You really were confused. Hate to tell you, but you weren't even on the west coast. Maine is on the east coast. No wonder it snowed while you were there.

Thanks for the referral, but it's clear I already move English around better than many who were born here (i.e. you).
    GR lives...

I hate all of you warm climate people. Seriously.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I hate all of you warm climate people. Seriously.
    I wasn't sure if you meant me or not, so I just opened a bunch of windows in the house to see if it felt warm. Well, it didn't get warm it stayed at room temperature so I guess you were referring to others.
    GR lives...

I wasn't sure if you meant me or not, so I just opened a bunch of windows in the house to see if it felt warm. Well, it didn't get warm it stayed at room temperature so I guess you were referring to others.
    Let me know how cold it gets after you get married. I'm very irritable at the moment.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Let me know how cold it gets after you get married. I'm very irritable at the moment.
    I'm trying to stay out of any and all details of the wedding thing because the thought of putting on a tuxedo again and walking down an aisle makes me want to projectile vomit and then pass out. Seriously, I get physically ill when I think about it.

I asked if we could just get a license together and skip any kind of ceremony, not so much that I thought she'd go for it, more to slide the middle ground in my direction. Well, no fun stuff last night, just a bunch of stink-eyed looks and Chinese obscenities. But if she wasn't the strong, determined type, I'd have been bored into leaving her by the side of the road long ago.

So my point is, after being put on ice and her sleeping next to me with no benefits last night, I'm irritable too.
    GR lives...

I'm trying to stay out of any and all details of the wedding thing because the thought of putting on a tuxedo again and walking down an aisle makes me want to projectile vomit and then pass out. Seriously, I get physically ill when I think about it.

I asked if we could just get a license together and skip any kind of ceremony, not so much that I thought she'd go for it, more to slide the middle ground in my direction. Well, no fun stuff last night, just a bunch of stink-eyed looks and Chinese obscenities. But if she wasn't the strong, determined type, I'd have been bored into leaving her by the side of the road long ago.

So my point is, after being put on ice and her sleeping next to me with no benefits last night, I'm irritable too.
    If this is her first marriage, you probably have to go full on wedding.
    Whenever my wife is pissed at me, I just pull out my cock and lay it on the table. Doesn't do anything to stop the argument, but I find it pretty funny.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Go for the Vegas shotgun wedding. Just tell her much fun it will be being given away by an elvis impersonator. I (hopefully) will never get around to an official wedding, but if I do I've already stipulated it's gonna be a fancy dress wedding (fancy dress compulsory for all guests) in a non religious setting. I have a preference for the celebrant to be a pirate captain. Obviously I'll be dressed in a jump suit and will say "Thankyou very much" when she says "I do". Unlike mostof the time I am deadly serious about this, ths is how my wedding will go down or not at all. I think a wedding should be an occassion of celebration and fun, not some official ritual that has the groom craping his duds. The missus is keen on the idea too so maybe one day......
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

If this is her first marriage, you probably have to go full on wedding.
    Whenever my wife is pissed at me, I just pull out my cock and lay it on the table. Doesn't do anything to stop the argument, but I find it pretty funny.
    It is her first but I already told her I want my second to be nothing like the first and she knows darn well I had a wedding the first time. The PNA's only three days old and already I've found something I forgot to include.

In her defense, she's pretty undemanding about how we get hitched, I guess I went too far, it is difficult to not be an a.sshole about this.

Does the routine you described lead to anything? If so, I'm willing to try it.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Go for the Vegas shotgun wedding. Just tell her much fun it will be being given away by an elvis impersonator. I (hopefully) will never get around to an official wedding, but if I do I've already stipulated it's gonna be a fancy dress wedding (fancy dress compulsory for all guests) in a non religious setting. I have a preference for the celebrant to be a pirate captain. Obviously I'll be dressed in a jump suit and will say "Thankyou very much" when she says "I do". Unlike mostof the time I am deadly serious about this, ths is how my wedding will go down or not at all. I think a wedding should be an occassion of celebration and fun, not some official ritual that has the groom craping his duds. The missus is keen on the idea too so maybe one day......
    We completely see eye to eye on this. As I told her, give me the money we'd spend on a wedding and I'll come up with funnest friggin' trip she could ever imagine. I'll pick a point on the globe and we'd spend a 4-5 days there doing really cool, almost life-changing, beyond honeymoon things. Well, that's what's pissing her off. She knows I could pull it off and it would be better than a wedding but women have this sappy need for one.

Then again she may feel I'm holding back on the honeymoon by describing something better. I'm ready to give some ground but there will blood coming from my nose and ears.
    GR lives...

We completely see eye to eye on this. As I told her, give me the money we'd spend on a wedding and I'll come up with funnest friggin' trip she could ever imagine. I'll pick a point on the globe and we'd spend a 4-5 days there doing really cool, almost life-changing, beyond honeymoon things. Well, that's what's pissing her off. She knows I could pull it off and it would be better than a wedding but women have this sappy need for one.

Then again she may feel I'm holding back on the honeymoon by describing something better. I'm ready to give some ground but there will blood coming from my nose and ears.
    In my experience women want that AND the big wedding thing.

I had a big wedding which I thought had EVERYTHING but we have friends getting ready for a wedding later this year and the extravagance is unbelievable to the point of being ridiculous. The worst thing is the $$$ forked out for a freaking dress that is worn once. Crazy IMO.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Actually, this has no effect on your body's immunology whatsoever. Your mother didn't know what she was talking about.
    what you know about it Dunoonzio?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

I had a big wedding which I thought had EVERYTHING but we have friends getting ready for a wedding later this year and the extravagance is unbelievable to the point of being ridiculous. The worst thing is the $$$ forked out for a freaking dress that is worn once. Crazy IMO.
    If you really wanna be freaked out ask them how much they are spending on the flower arrangement. I used to date a florist and the amount of money she charged for weddings and funerals was mind blowing (you are talking at least three zeros entry level). At least the dress doesn't shrivel up and die days after the wedding.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

From Gallileo to Da Vinci to Columbus to Fermi to Einstein, we've always been a step ahead.
    GR lives...

Just don't bring up any military figures from history
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

When I got hitched got married by the justice of the peace in the morning and was going to go back to work in the afternoon but it rained.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player

Everything about it is silly and wasteful. It compares to health care where cost is no object because the individual isn't paying. If their friends had Jimmy Kimmel do stand up at theirs she's gonna line him up for hers. So there's a huge industry determined to victimize you because they know they can.

I'm willing to fly her to a tropical island along with a small wedding party while paying for everyone's weekend. It would be cheaper and less dreadful but not necessarily easy to time with good surf conditions.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Just don't bring up any military figures from history
    It's not smart to let you fight our wars?
    GR lives...

I think you were referring to "Oh, like you'd fukkin know De Nunzio"
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 01-28-2011 at 07:43 PM.

good point........
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I was able to get out and play 7 straight, beautiful, days last week, but now the apocalypse is about to hit the state of Oklahoma. We've been pretty fortunate this winter, but a big winter storm is suppose to hit the state Monday night here with up to 4 inches of frozen stuff followed by 3 or 4 days where the temps are not suppose to get over 28 degrees F.

I loathe Winter.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I was able to get out and play 7 straight, beautiful, days last week, but now the apocalypse is about to hit the state of Oklahoma. We've been pretty fortunate this winter, but a big winter storm is suppose to hit the state Monday night here with up to 4 inches of frozen stuff followed by 3 or 4 days where the temps are not suppose to get over 28 degrees F.

I loathe Winter.

You lucky dog....

Boo fkning hoo. Last night we got 6 inches and today they are saying at least a couple of more inches of snow. Then the winds pick up to 30 mph for the next 24 hrs so basically a goldamned blizzard.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I loathe Winter.

I know what you mean. Yesterday I took the family to the Safari Park in Escondido and it was 63 degrees. Just enough for me to have to wear my lightweight Nike golf fleece. Just as we were leaving it started to rain and went down into the 50's. It's tough because I'm used to the temperature in the 70's and then it goes down to the low 60's. It's just not fair.

On another note, that's the first time I had been to the Safari Park (located just outside San Diego) and I thought it was pretty neat to see Rhino's, Giraffes, Lions, etc. in the open. However, what I couldn't stand is the tram operator constantly talking about how every animal is endangered and what humans are doing to them. I just want to look at the Rhino in peace.

I know what you mean. Yesterday I took the family to the Safari Park in Escondido and it was 63 degrees. Just enough for me to have to wear my lightweight Nike golf fleece. Just as we were leaving it started to rain and went down into the 50's. It's tough because I'm used to the temperature in the 70's and then it goes down to the low 60's. It's just not fair.

On another note, that's the first time I had been to the Safari Park (located just outside San Diego) and I thought it was pretty neat to see Rhino's, Giraffes, Lions, etc. in the open. However, what I couldn't stand is the tram operator constantly talking about how every animal is endangered and what humans are doing to them. I just want to look at the Rhino in peace.
    It rained up here too with overnight temps in the 50-s. Now I hear it'll be in the mid 60-s through Wednesday. Can't somebody do something about this?
    GR lives...

It rained up here too with overnight temps in the 50-s. Now I hear it'll be in the mid 60-s through Wednesday. Can't somebody do something about this?
    We could send you guys some wet snow....

I know, I feel like I'm being punished. I got wet walking into work today and felt a bit chilly.

We've had 10" of snow and a full on blizzard. It's still snowing as I type. This bites.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

We've had 10" of snow and a full on blizzard. It's still snowing as I type. This bites.

Unlike your ball after being hit by a GFF club.

Unlike your ball after being hit by a GFF club.
    It's sunny and warm today, but there are a couple of clouds here. Are you getting that too?

No matter. Finished work, off to the range, a work-out, groceries, cooking for the fiance, a little wine and then some nasty stuff. Really nasty. That's my day.

Thought I'd try this:

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/rstlamb.htm

Or this:

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/prseabas.htm

This site has some good recipes and interesting general cooking insights.
    GR lives...

It's sunny and warm today, but there are a couple of clouds here. Are you getting that too?

No matter. Finished work, off to the range, a work-out, groceries, cooking for the fiance, a little wine and then some nasty stuff. Really nasty. That's my day.

Thought I'd try this:

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/rstlamb.htm

Or this:

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/prseabas.htm

This site has some good recipes and interesting general cooking insights.
    It's been a lot colder the last two days and really cold at night. I can walk around during the day with no coat. I'm playing this Friday morning so it had better get back up to the 70's. I just hate it when I have to wear a light jacket. What I ususally do is wear rain pants in the morning until it warms up enough for me to take them off and reveal the shorts underneath. Of course I only wear OP or Stubbies shorts.

Thread Information