|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Paying penance for my match with Oldplayer

Getting time off from my vacation to hook up for a round with Oldplayer wasn't too difficult but there was a price to pay. My stay in Melbourne was arranged primarily to watch the Australian Open Tennis finals which have been great and also to catch up with a few friends we have here. Due to the tennis scheduling I was able to get Friday off to hook up for a round with Oldplayer and I would like to say that it was well worth it. It was an absolute pleasure hooking up with a club ho'ing legend like OP and also tee it up with a fellow GR regular.

However there was a price to pay. Today I had to follow SWMBO through the markets and shopping malls of Melbourne as some sort of penance for my round of golf yesterday. At one stage late this afternoon I found myself in a situation I have experienced all over the world. Congregating near the womens changing rooms in a shopping Mall surrounded by other similarly grumpy males who have spent the day shopping with their other halves and are all sitting around with the forlorn, disprited, fed up expressions of men who have truly been pushed past their point of natural tolerance. The p.issed off, hang dog expressions on their faces as they gaze silently into space really does form a kind of kinship and I couldn't help but laugh at our mutual predicament.

Having said that it was worth it and I would do it all again for the opportunity to play a round of golf whilst on vacation in the future. Just wondering how many other GR posters have shared the same plight?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

One thing I hate about being in a relationship is the disproportionately high end of any deal with the other half. I play golf but like you Kiwi there is a price to pay, which usually invlves shopping malls or coffe shops. The thing I think is unfair is that I go on my own to the golf course, I don't drag her along to carry my clubs, whi should I be required to be a pack muel when it's her time. I would have no proble staying home looking after the kids for 5 hours while she did something she wanted to do, but what she wants always seems to require me to tag along. This is a common gripe among my golfing buddies.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Same, i'm good for the shopping thing for about an hour then i'm done. To make matters worse, the wife has no interest in sport or exercise, and its my fault she has no hobbies other than shopping because i disappear for 4-5 hours every week!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

F.uck, something else I forgot in the PNA.
    GR lives...

Sorry to hear that our rendezvous got you in the poo with SWMBO. I agree it was worth it, and it was fantastic to finally meet a stalwart and true gentleman of GR. If SWMBO could be made to understand just how important it was to be involved in the first ever GR santioned Southern Hemisphere matchplay event I'm sure you would be let of more lightly.
    We are not just some anonymous bunch of cyberspace golfbums. No sir, we are a brotherhood!! The GR fellowship is something that must be nurtured . The wives and non-golfing partners must be bought to the realization that teeing it up all over the globe and going head to head in the name of GR tradition is an extemely important matter.
    Good on you Kiwi for doing you penance and I sincerely hope that it will not be the last time we tee it up.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

How did the wedding go in Launceston Kiwi? Take any notes for Zo?
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    How did the wedding go in Launceston Kiwi? Take any notes for Zo?
    The wedding was great mate. Really enjoy the Tassie beers, Boags Premium being my favourite. Also enjoyed a couple of days of wine tasting in the Tamar Valley region. Very nice.

Zo's been there, done that before so he knows what to expect and I don't think there is much advice I can offer. However I hope he doesn't get all soppy like the groom at this wedding. At one stage as the bride walked the aisle the grooms lower lip was quivering and I thought I saw a tear welling up in his eye. I was going to leap up there, give him a slap and tell him to harden the fukk up but then I realised he was probably thinking about the all the liberty and freedom he was foregoing so I realised it was a perfectly natural reaction.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Sorry to hear that our rendezvous got you in the poo with SWMBO. I agree it was worth it, and it was fantastic to finally meet a stalwart and true gentleman of GR. If SWMBO could be made to understand just how important it was to be involved in the first ever GR santioned Southern Hemisphere matchplay event I'm sure you would be let of more lightly.
    We are not just some anonymous bunch of cyberspace golfbums. No sir, we are a brotherhood!! The GR fellowship is something that must be nurtured . The wives and non-golfing partners must be bought to the realization that teeing it up all over the globe and going head to head in the name of GR tradition is an extemely important matter.
    Good on you Kiwi for doing you penance and I sincerely hope that it will not be the last time we tee it up.
    Me too! I made some subtle enquiries and it is May that we may be back, not March. I'll keep you posted but if I do come I will make it a condition with SWMBO that a GR rematch is a non negotiable part of the deal.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    The wedding was great mate. Really enjoy the Tassie beers, Boags Premium being my favourite. Also enjoyed a couple of days of wine tasting in the Tamar Valley region. Very nice.

Zo's been there, done that before so he knows what to expect and I don't think there is much advice I can offer. However I hope he doesn't get all soppy like the groom at this wedding. At one stage as the bride walked the aisle the grooms lower lip was quivering and I thought I saw a tear welling up in his eye. I was going to leap up there, give him a slap and tell him to harden the fukk up but then I realised he was probably thinking about the all the liberty and freedom he was foregoing so I realised it was a perfectly natural reaction.
    I think you would be less of a man if you didn't cry on your wedding day, and I'm not talking tears of joy. I haven't had a wedding yet, but just the thought of it makes me break out in a cold sweat.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Getting time off from my vacation to hook up for a round with Oldplayer wasn't too difficult but there was a price to pay. My stay in Melbourne was arranged primarily to watch the Australian Open Tennis finals which have been great and also to catch up with a few friends we have here. Due to the tennis scheduling I was able to get Friday off to hook up for a round with Oldplayer and I would like to say that it was well worth it. It was an absolute pleasure hooking up with a club ho'ing legend like OP and also tee it up with a fellow GR regular.

However there was a price to pay. Today I had to follow SWMBO through the markets and shopping malls of Melbourne as some sort of penance for my round of golf yesterday. At one stage late this afternoon I found myself in a situation I have experienced all over the world. Congregating near the womens changing rooms in a shopping Mall surrounded by other similarly grumpy males who have spent the day shopping with their other halves and are all sitting around with the forlorn, disprited, fed up expressions of men who have truly been pushed past their point of natural tolerance. The p.issed off, hang dog expressions on their faces as they gaze silently into space really does form a kind of kinship and I couldn't help but laugh at our mutual predicament.

Having said that it was worth it and I would do it all again for the opportunity to play a round of golf whilst on vacation in the future. Just wondering how many other GR posters have shared the same plight?
    I would rather be tied down and have my pubic hairs slowly yanked out one by one with tweezers. And, no, I'm not in to S&M at all, so I wouldn't enjoy it.

Are we going to hear details about the match, or did I miss a thread somewhere?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Kiwi, I have found relief to the predicament that all males face when spending time with their spouse and waiting on them. The iPhone. I can now play a game I love, Scrabble, with just about anyone on the planet. It's a free app called Words Free and you can play people you know or just ask for a challenge with anyone. Great way to pass the time when bored. Another great game is Angry Birds. Awesome way to have some kind of fun when you're bored. It beats staring into space.

This is what I have found to be true in playing both Noschuz and Dave P. I'd much rather play golf with some guys who have a sense of humor than a bunch of clones.

I remember at one point prior to my first engagement I took her to a ski resort. At that time I'd have practically killed babies to get a perfect powder day. This was a problem waiting to happen as she could get down a perfect intermediate slope but nothing more. Well, the evening of our arrival it was dumping.

The next morning I awoke to amazing conditions. Two feet of new, dry snow and it was still snowing. She awoke to a fever and vomiting. I was in tremendous angst until she said, "no, you go I don't want to spoil your day." This may have been back when I thought women meant what they said, you know, like guys. So I was out the door like a flash. I mean, it's wasn't like under the circumstances there'd have been oral sex if I stayed.

So I come back after skiing and drinks with friends. I wouldn't have gone for drinks, but I remember her saying she didn't want to spoil my day. She's there crying. Something about me being insensitive and selfish just because I left her sick to play in the snow without leaving a car or food. Ok, I admit, I hadn't considered she might feel better and get hungry and/or want to shop. I assumed she'd just keep throwing up all day.

For the rest of the time we were together she'd bring up this story anytime she wanted to pull the noose, at least once a week. Boy was I naive back then. Today I'm so much more capable of avoiding domination and sacrifice within marriage without confrontation.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I remember at one point prior to my first engagement I took her to a ski resort. At that time I'd have practically killed babies to get a perfect powder day. This was a problem waiting to happen as she could get down a perfect intermediate slope but nothing more. Well, the evening of our arrival it was dumping.

The next morning I awoke to amazing conditions. Two feet of new, dry snow and it was still snowing. She awoke to a fever and vomiting. I was in tremendous angst until she said, "no, you go I don't want to spoil your day." This may have been back when I thought women meant what they said, you know, like guys. So I was out the door like a flash. I mean, it's wasn't like under the circumstances there'd have been oral sex if I stayed.

So I come back after skiing and drinks with friends. I wouldn't have gone for drinks, but I remember her saying she didn't want to spoil my day. She's there crying. Something about me being insensitive and selfish just because I left her sick to play in the snow without leaving a car or food. Ok, I admit, I hadn't considered she might feel better and get hungry and/or want to shop. I assumed she'd just keep throwing up all day.

For the rest of the time we were together she'd bring up this story anytime she wanted to pull the noose, at least once a week. Boy was I naive back then. Today I'm so much more capable of avoiding domination and sacrifice within marriage without confrontation.
    Holy crap you were playing with fire and didn't realise it. As the former highly regarded TRG I'm surprised about this. I mean I knew that sort of thing long before I was married. First we observe our Mothers relationship with our Fathers, then I saw my sisters behaviour with boyfriends, then friends trials & tribulations with girls as well as girl friends of my own. Very early on I knew that when a women says:

"Sure, go ahead if that's what you want to do, don't let me stop you"

it really means:

"Sure go ahead and do it but if you do you are dead meat buddy!!!"

This is Females 101.

You've clearly come a long way Zo!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Holy crap you were playing with fire and didn't realise it. As the former highly regarded TRG I'm surprised about this. I mean I knew that sort of thing long before I was married. First we observe our Mothers relationship with our Fathers, then I saw my sisters behaviour with boyfriends, then friends trials & tribulations with girls as well as girl friends of my own. Very early on I knew that when a women says:

"Sure, go ahead if that's what you want to do, don't let me stop you"

it really means:

"Sure go ahead and do it but if you do you are dead meat buddy!!!"

This is Females 101.

You've clearly come a long way Zo!
    I think so. Back then I was blinded if sex was really good. Today I'm not really like that.
    GR lives...

I think so. Back then I was blinded if sex was really good. Today I'm not really like that.
    Weren't we all!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Instead of exchanging wedding rings some women aught to give their new hubbies gold plated choke chains.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Who won, what was the score. Have i missed something in another thread?
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Who won, what was the score. Have i missed something in another thread?
    Have a look at the latest posts in the HB driver thread. I think i actually won 2 and 1 and not the 3 and 1 Kiwi metioned. It was a pretty even match. Neither of us played our best, that is we both stuffed up holes but also some good shots (holes) were played. In fairness i had a huge advantage in playing my home course. Due to handicap difference i gave Kiwi 5 a side; i offered more (grudgingly) because of my advantage, but as a true gentleman he would not take them. I'm sure in a rematch on handicap it could go either way.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

At one stage as the bride walked the aisle the grooms lower lip was quivering and I thought I saw a tear welling up in his eye. I was going to leap up there, give him a slap and tell him to harden the fukk up but then I realised he was probably thinking about the all the liberty and freedom he was foregoing so I realised it was a perfectly natural reaction.
    Yep, and the other downside is the size and population of Launceston(approx 90000). Not only will she know what he is up to but so will everyone else. Everyone of my staff who is planning to get married i offer free counselling beforehand just so they can't say they wern't told.
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

One thing I've found unique to all females is selective memory. You can be considerate, understanding and nice 99 times out of 100 and get no credit as it's expected behaviour, but make one mistake and that's your true colours coming out, like you can pretend to be nice 99% of the time but that horrible person lurking just below the surface is the real you. That is the person they will remember , and the insidents they will keep bringing up ad nauseum. Us men are dumb arses, we can get crapped on most of the time by women, but the rare they time they do something nice (or especially nice like a bj), that's all we will remember about them and will overlook all the crap.

It is a well known fact that women tend to give you just enough rope to hang yourself.

The key to countering this behavior is leverage. You need to provide something they can't exist without... certain privileges and luxuries. If you hang, then they lose. They're less likely to hang you if they have to hang themselves to do so.

Sometimes you just have to play the game, which is alright so long as you're winning.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Can you make some room in your pm box Kiwi? I have a pm regarding the video to send you.

Can you make some room in your pm box Kiwi? I have a pm regarding the video to send you.
    I've deleted a few messages so should be good to go now OP.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information