|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

The driver swing

Been going to an indoor range, 2 feet of snow here, and totally reconfigured my swing. Keeping the elbow in, transferring the weight, yada, yada, yada. Now I can't seem to hit my driver except on the down swing. Have it in my head to hit the ball first than the ground that I am totally fdked with my big dog. I know one option is to get a higher lofted driver, I already use a 10.5, don't know if I want to do that but hey if it works. Hitting the irons sweet and pure so don't want to change my swing to much. Feel like blaming Laurie for all the damn POST threads. Suppose I could find a one iron.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Been going to an indoor range, 2 feet of snow here, and totally reconfigured my swing. Keeping the elbow in, transferring the weight, yada, yada, yada. Now I can't seem to hit my driver except on the down swing. Have it in my head to hit the ball first than the ground that I am totally fdked with my big dog. I know one option is to get a higher lofted driver, I already use a 10.5, don't know if I want to do that but hey if it works. Hitting the irons sweet and pure so don't want to change my swing to much. Feel like blaming Laurie for all the damn POST threads. Suppose I could find a one iron.
    Probably too steep make sure your back shoulder is lower than your front shoulder. Look to your set up in a mirror. Why do you want to hit the ground with your driver swing?

GHD
    Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Don't want to hit the ground GHD. Just started doing it. Haven't hit the driver for a while as I was working with my irons indoors. Last year my irons sucked so am trying to get more consistency. Hitting my irons great now but me being a weak minded exconstruction worker I can't seem to seperate the iron swing from the driver swing. Don't have room in the house, standard ceiling, to swing driver.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Yesterday at the dome, hit for about an hour getting shite figured out and was doing pretty good. The last bucket I started with the lob wedge and hit five shots and kept going working my way up through the irons. Didn't stop to think about the swing just put the ball in front and swung. I figure 85 to 90 percent of them were good shots. Kind of a speed drill. Then I got to the driver and oh shite. Nothing go over 10 feet but they were rockets.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Not two feet of snow here, but a frozen coating a couple of inches thick. Enough to keep me from the outdoor ranges and the rec fields. So I made my routine weekend foray to Golf Galaxy because it has three cages, each with a launch monitor with the one closest to the new clubs with a big screen. That one is usually taken up by the big muscle guys hitting taped up $500 new drivers and wailing the tar out of them. Impresses their kids, the girlfriend and the newbies. Then a teenager gets 10 new three woods taped up 'cause Dad's gonna buy him the best one. etc. etc. So I go into one of the plain-Janes and boot up the computer and set it to the LM program. Last time I took in an old Titleis 3 wood I just swapped shafts with and hit about 20 balls before one of the salesman came over and kicked me out for a paying customer. At least I got to hit enough to tell me that the club worked OK. The weekend before that, I reshafted a 905T head I had and cut the shaft to play 45.75". Back on that plain Jane, I was absolutely killing it. Hit about 30 or so before another salesman came back and complained to me that management had just spent $20,000 to upgrade the monitors with the latest greatest LM software and the GG Corporate was insisting that the stores generate revenue from them instead of letting broke and broke down old freeloaders like myself gain valuable exercise and knowledge and tweak their own gear. The upshot is: the longer shaft forced me to swing a bit flatter and play the ball more forward. Usually when I do this, I come through with an open face and hang back on the right side. However, I found that the longer length coupled with a head I really like, the 905T, enabled me to come through square into my left side at impact. Launch angle was good and spin numbers were substantially lower than with shorter shafts with which I would frequently get steep and hit like 7 irons. That the shaft is regular flex but with higher than typical flex point, tip stiffness, and low torque did the trick. I would investigate different shafts before I would go higher in lofts.

Thanks mongrel, I'll give that a try. I have a couple of extra shafts for my nickent evolver so maybe I'll try to lengthen one. Probably be a couple of weeks before I can try it as the indoor dome is a hundred miles away. Closest place to swing a club. Thinking also if I move the ball up a little bit and try to aim 3 or 4 inches behind it maybe I can get it on the upswing. Really don't think it will work but something to try.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Have you tried teeing the ball off the outside of your left foot or further? Take a few swings like that and see if you can shallow your swing out a bit. Once you can hit the ball that way, start creeping it back towards your normal ball position.

I would imagine the sky marks would be pretty severe if you still came in that steep on it. It may make you swing better just out of fear of gouging the crown

If I lived in a colder area and I had access to a dome I would be going there all the time. For whatever reason, though, when I go to a range with mats it completely screws up my swing. I'll hit it great on the range and then when I get to the course it's like I'm completely lost. I played today and it was just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    If I lived in a colder area and I had access to a dome I would be going there all the time. For whatever reason, though, when I go to a range with mats it completely screws up my swing. I'll hit it great on the range and then when I get to the course it's like I'm completely lost. I played today and it was just horrible.
    Define horrible, FD.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Agree with Mward. Move the ball forward and because of mechanics you have no choice but to catch the ball on the upsweep.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by groundhogday
    Probably too steep make sure your back shoulder is lower than your front shoulder. Look to your set up in a mirror. Why do you want to hit the ground with your driver swing?

GHD
    Could you please post a video demonstrating your posted technique? You sound so knowledgeable I am sure you can educate us all by your swing mechanics. We will all be waiting in anticipation of improving our own swings by watching your brilliant moves. Thanks for posting from your vast knowledge of golf skills.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Thanks guys for all the tips. That's what I was doing with my irons. Saw or read a tip about placing the ball 4 to 6 inches in front of your normal placement and it forces you to shift your weight to hit the ball correctly with an iron. Like you said and eventually moving it back to normal. Just had a brain fart and never carried the plan through with the driver. GOD. I don't sound like Larry do I?
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Could you please post a video demonstrating your posted technique? You sound so knowledgeable I am sure you can educate us all by your swing mechanics. We will all be waiting in anticipation of improving our own swings by watching your brilliant moves. Thanks for posting from your vast knowledge of golf skills.

Vast knowledge no but the proper set up is important my 2 cents worth.
    You don't want your set up to look like you want Spank to plant the purple dildo in your arse. I hear you corrected that part of your game. You still act like you got a dildo shoved up your arse though.

GHD

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
    Sun Tzu

"There is an old saying: If a man comes home with sand in his cuffs and cockleburs in his pants, don't ask him what he shot."
    Sam Snead

Taylor Made R9 TP
    Cleveland CG-10 52 &56
    Taylormade v-steel copy 3 & 5 wood
    Tiger Shark 18* hybrid
    Tayormade 2007 Burner 10.5 Driver
    odyssey #9 white hot
    gamer topflite
    Dewars scotch whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Agree with Mward. Move the ball forward and because of mechanics you have no choice but to catch the ball on the upsweep.
    +1

Agree with this. My driving has sucked lately as Oldplayer saw first hand and I have been hitting terrible blocks. Also my straight drives were coming out too low. I noticed I was playing the ball too far back in my setup so I made a conscious effort to move the ball forward in line with my left heel. I had one of my best driving days in months yesterday. I didn't hit as many fairways as Larryrsf but I must have hit about 10 out of 14 and all but 1 of the misses were manageable.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    +1

Agree with this. My driving has sucked lately as Oldplayer saw first hand and I have been hitting terrible blocks. Also my straight drives were coming out too low. I noticed I was playing the ball too far back in my setup so I made a conscious effort to move the ball forward in line with my left heel. I had one of my best driving days in months yesterday. I didn't hit as many fairways as Larryrsf but I must have hit about 10 out of 14 and all but 1 of the misses were manageable.
    I have found the better I get with my irons, the worse I get w/ the driver. Im still a long way from being good but this is frustrating to me.

Im now wondering if the ball hasnt creeped back w/ the driver....interesting.
    Kiwi-you seen the new Adams 3metal, F11? Saw one in person and it was sharp. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    I have found the better I get with my irons, the worse I get w/ the driver. Im still a long way from being good but this is frustrating to me.

Im now wondering if the ball hasnt creeped back w/ the driver....interesting.
    Kiwi-you seen the new Adams 3metal, F11? Saw one in person and it was sharp. Just wondering.
    This happened to me too. My iron play/short game were going quite well but bad driving was ruining any chance of scoring well. Check your setup and ball position. You want to be hitting your irons from about the center of your stance or slightly left of center for longer irons but you need to tee your drives in line with your left heel.

No I haven't seen the Adams 3 wood. The golf stores I frequent don't tend to stock much Adams gear.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Where is your head in relation to the ball at impact?

I'm always trying to make sure I've kept my head behind the ball with the driver.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    I hate it when that happens! You will straighten it out when the snow melts. On bad driving days, I choke up on the shaft, open my stance, move the ball forward in my stance, and hit the most reliable fade.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    Where is your head in relation to the ball at impact?

I'm always trying to make sure I've kept my head behind the ball with the driver.
    One of the best ball strikers of all time grew up on the windy baked plains of Texas and his natural ball flight was a nasty low hook. Later he trained himself to fade the ball and did it routinely throughout his career on the PGA and Senior Tours. He reportly accomplished this by consciously moving his head in front of the ball at impact. What he refers to as "moving on the ball."

Could be several things really, the most likely of which is that the upper cog is moving forward on the downstroke.... This in turn makes predicting the low point difficult at best due to the elbows in turn separating and makes forward shaft lean equally difficult...

Other issues that may or may not be associated with what is mentioned above could be

- quick rate of closure (face closed)
    - 4th accumulator working improperly on the backstroke or even downstroke (left arm accross the chest)
    - lower cog too far back
    - improper spine movements
    - improper tilts
    - bent baseline

Some of these could be tied together, and the list could go on forever but bottom line is its only a guess without a frame of reference

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    One of the best ball strikers of all time grew up on the windy baked plains of Texas and his natural ball flight was a nasty low hook. Later he trained himself to fade the ball and did it routinely throughout his career on the PGA and Senior Tours. He reportly accomplished this by consciously moving his head in front of the ball at impact. What he refers to as "moving on the ball."
    Thanks for that trip down memory lane Larry.

Nobody cares what a has been who quit the game because he sucked so bad over 50 years ago did or didn't do in the golf swing. The only relevant thing to consider is whether or not Tiger moves his head forward during the swing, what anyone else did is irrelevant. Whatever he does is the correct way to swing a golf club, period.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Thanks for that trip down memory lane Larry.

Nobody cares what a has been who quit the game because he sucked so bad over 50 years ago did or didn't do in the golf swing. The only relevant thing to consider is whether or not Tiger moves his head forward during the swing, what anyone else did is irrelevant. Whatever he does is the correct way to swing a golf club, period.
    Back to sucking Tigers di_ck again are we?

When did you two kiss and make up?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Back to sucking Tigers di_ck again are we?

When did you two kiss and make up?
    NaH has never left Tiger's side. Unlike Elon, NaH has stuck by Tiger through thick and thin.

NaH has never left Tiger's side. Unlike Elon, NaH has stuck by Tiger through thick and thin.
    It's a bit hard to jump ship when you look at the other options. With JD going soft and losing all the time, Hoffmann is the only other option, but not enough of an option to change horses completely. And quite frankly I can't understand why everyone has gone s sour on Tige. If JD had done all that stuff Tiger did hislegend status would have been lifted even higher. C'mon guys, Tiger is the best example of a real man on tour. Maybe GR is against him cause he has been a bit soft lately, and when he stops trying to do the right thing and get's back into whoring his stocks on GR will rise again.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

It's a bit hard to jump ship when you look at the other options. With JD going soft and losing all the time, Hoffmann is the only other option, but not enough of an option to change horses completely. And quite frankly I can't understand why everyone has gone s sour on Tige. If JD had done all that stuff Tiger did hislegend status would have been lifted even higher. C'mon guys, Tiger is the best example of a real man on tour. Maybe GR is against him cause he has been a bit soft lately, and when he stops trying to do the right thing and get's back into whoring his stocks on GR will rise again.
    It would be interesting to get some expert forensic accountant to research which ones' inability to maintain a monogamous relationship ended up costing him more money when the other behaviors are added to the matrix. Tiger ho'd but he paid for them all right and proper and he took the risk that the baby-mamma would put up with it. Atypical for the stereotypical Scandanavians, she did not put up with it and walked with lots of cash money. This took some time and gave Tiger a universally understandable pass on taking some needed time off to get his stuff together and come on back out to compete after the fallout had drifted out of range. JD, on the other hand, would end up marrying the ones he strayed with and although he did not have the deep pockets of Tiger, still managed to drink and gamble away millions. And JD has to beg, borrow or pilfer a place in an event via sponsor exemption. Every time Tiger tees it up in the future the world will be waiting, anticipating, expecting, really, a Tiger dominance resurgence. Every time JD tees it up, lots of us will expect an opening 69 followed either by a second round 76 and a MC or a 66 and in the top ten going into the weekend followed by a Saturday 74 and a Sunday 83 to beat the caboose by two places.

It would be interesting to get some expert forensic accountant to research which ones' inability to maintain a monogamous relationship ended up costing him more money when the other behaviors are added to the matrix. Tiger ho'd but he paid for them all right and proper and he took the risk that the baby-mamma would put up with it. Atypical for the stereotypical Scandanavians, she did not put up with it and walked with lots of cash money. This took some time and gave Tiger a universally understandable pass on taking some needed time off to get his stuff together and come on back out to compete after the fallout had drifted out of range. JD, on the other hand, would end up marrying the ones he strayed with and although he did not have the deep pockets of Tiger, still managed to drink and gamble away millions. And JD has to beg, borrow or pilfer a place in an event via sponsor exemption. Every time Tiger tees it up in the future the world will be waiting, anticipating, expecting, really, a Tiger dominance resurgence. Every time JD tees it up, lots of us will expect an opening 69 followed either by a second round 76 and a MC or a 66 and in the top ten going into the weekend followed by a Saturday 74 and a Sunday 83 to beat the caboose by two places.
    Tiger is still by far the biggest drawcard in the game. The ratings wouldindicate he is as popular as ever, so I'm not Robinson Crusoe in being a fan.

Tiger is still by far the biggest drawcard in the game. The ratings wouldindicate he is as popular as ever, so I'm not Robinson Crusoe in being a fan.
    This is true. However, there are more watching to see him fail now than there was before the last year.

This is true. However, there are more watching to see him fail now than there was before the last year.
    This could definitely be the case. Love him or hate him, he certainly as that X factor that draws people to him like a magnet. Back in the day Ali wasn't the fan favourite he is now. There were plenty of guys going to his fights to see him get knocked out.

Once Boo Weekley is busted in a hotel room with a porn star, a hooker, and a briefcase full of blow, he will be an untouchable legend. All of the intangibles are there.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Being a fan means being there through winning and losing, good times and bad.
    GR lives...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOVYgaYd9ZY

Rehearse it in slow motion. Do it over and over again until you have the sequence memorized. Just like we learn a new dance step, we *walk through it." If you can't do it in slow motion, you have no hope of doing it fast.

I use a heavy driver to help me feel where the clubhead is. That also helps me fully set my wrists, roll the arms to put it on plane, and then start the downswing with hips, the weight shift to the front leg and back knee kicking in toward the front knee.

First slow motion. Then when you have it, take it to the golf course.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf

Rehearse it in slow motion. Do it over and over again until you have the sequence memorized. Just like we learn a new dance step, we *walk through it." If you can't do it in slow motion, you have no hope of doing it fast.

I use a heavy driver to help me feel where the clubhead is. That also helps me fully set my wrists, roll the arms to put it on plane, and then start the downswing with hips, the weight shift to the front leg and back knee kicking in toward the front knee.

"When all you have is a hammer..."

How does this address his specific issue, Larry: that he is hitting his irons fine but his driver too low?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry, who's the homeless guy in the video?
    GR lives...

Larry
    This is very true. Before I could learn the 15 minute version of "Rappers Delight" I had to do it very slowly. You can't rap to Rappers Delight without a little practice. I always get the part about the breakfast toast and the sticky food steaming mixed up if I don't do it in slow motion first.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Once Boo Weekley is busted in a hotel room with a porn star, a hooker, and a briefcase full of blow, he will be an untouchable legend. All of the intangibles are there.
    Substitute the hotel room for a barn. The porn star and hooker for farm animals. And the briefcase full of blow for a gallon jug of 'shine. Now you have it.

Substitute the hotel room for a barn. The porn star and hooker for farm animals. And the briefcase full of blow for a gallon jug of 'shine. Now you have it.
    +1

Larry's spamming his s.hitty video in 3 different posts.

Larry are you actually getting better with all the social security checks you keep feeding these pros? You seem to have a stable of coaches, yet that swing looks no better than before.

Lame. You can't do it so you trash the guy who can.

larry

You can't do it, Larry.

If you actually could, you wouldn't have to keep repeating that this or that "answer" or "secret" has you hitting "all the fairways" each time.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

larry
    If I tried to do what you're doing, I'd be under plane with a wide open clubface. Try playing consistent golf when the same swing can produce a block or a snap hook depending on timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    If I tried to do what you're doing, I'd be under plane with a wide open clubface. Try playing consistent golf when the same swing can produce a block or a snap hook depending on timing.
    yada, yada, yada. There was a PGA pro standing behind me. The balll went straight with a little draw.

The next day swinging normal clubs the balls all went straight. That because I had the clubhead accelerating at impact.

Post your swing from the back view-- and we will see who is all talk.

I doubt you can do this, but the closer you can get, the better. Turn, SHIFT, swing.

Larry

Of course it went down the middle with a draw. I'm sure it did. Then again, you have a swing speed of 80 mph. How hard is it to time it with that speed? Or how hard is it to hit the fairway from the front tee box?

You're such a god damned pro!

yada, yada, yada. There was a PGA pro standing behind me. The balll went straight with a little draw.
    How does claiming there was someone standing behind you make the words of a self-admitted liar and cheat any more credible?

The next day swinging normal clubs the balls all went straight. That because I had the clubhead accelerating at impact.
    Riiiiiiiight. And you shot 36 on the back 9 of a "tough military course" of all of 2990 yards...

...or was it 35?

Done and done and done again. Every time, everyone but you agrees I can...

...and you can't.

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

There's no way that swing gets it out to 175

I wonder whether Lery gets more satisfaction committing scoring fraud or lying about his game.
    GR lives...

What size ball do you use. Looked the head was 2 feet off the ground
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

This is a far more likely outcome for Boo, but HS puts up a strong case. Maybe Boo should put him on as his PR manager, his ideas would drag Boo out of his current hayseed image.

P.S. Boo will frever be immortalised for his Happy Gilmore driver ride down the first fairway at the Ryder Cup. No other golfer in the world would even have the thought of doing tha enter their head, let alone actually do it in front of a global audience.

jealous hack and nut huggers, Larry

larry
    Sounds like there's tiger wood nut huggers on here too, plus some jealous ones that are frustrated hacks.

Quote Originally Posted by huskyhater
    Sounds like there's tiger wood nut huggers on here too, plus some jealous ones that are frustrated hacks.
    HH, what is it specifically that you hate about Huskies? And are you talking about the dog, the team or overweight men? What is the real reason for this hatred?
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I wonder whether Lery gets more satisfaction committing scoring fraud or lying about his game.
    He's in denial on both counts so probably neither.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    HH, what is it specifically that you hate about Huskies? And are you talking about the dog, the team or overweight men? What is the real reason for this hatred?
    Maybe he's referring to obese to morbidly obese female humans. You know. The ones they call Pillsbury Dough Girls. Roll them in flour and insert at the wet spot.

Maybe he's referring to obese to morbidly obese female humans. You know. The ones they call Pillsbury Dough Girls. Roll them in flour and insert at the wet spot.
    Maybe he's a tubby lad and even husky jeans are tight on him. He seems to mention nut huggers a lot.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

You guys are right, I missed some obvious possibliities. He might also hate a combination of those things.
    GR lives...

G'Day Huskyhater

Are you one of Larry's buddies from another forum?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Been here since 2002.

I bid you a traditional GR welcome... a long overdue STFU noob.

Good day.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Gotta give it up for the teaching pros, putting themselves in harm's way for the betterment of our games like that. That teaching pro could've been killed. I think they get paid for it too. Woo-ha. Or is it Boo-yah? Whatever...

That's because you were hitting 10' foot putts. BTW, you actually own "normal" clubs? Maybe 2012 isn't just some wacky conspiracy theory after all.

You should be careful with that acceleration too. If you manage to get that swing up to 88mph, you won't need fairways where you're going.

There ya go old man. That's how it's done. BOOM. Something you've never done in your entire life. Just STFU with your swing advice, grown-ups are talking here.

I doubt you can do this, but the closer you can get, the better. Turn, SHIFT, swing.

Larry
    Hit it out of your shadow next time. Oh yeah, and try swinging the club on plane.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature

There ya go old man. That's how it's done. BOOM. Something you've never done in your entire life. Just STFU with your swing advice, grown-ups are talking here.
    That's pretty nice, FoN.

I'll bet a whole bunch that...
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Gotta give it up for the teaching pros, putting themselves in harm's way for the betterment of our games like that. That teaching pro could've been killed. I think they get paid for it too. Woo-ha. Or is it Boo-yah? Whatever...

That's because you were hitting 10' foot putts. BTW, you actually own "normal" clubs? Maybe 2012 isn't just some wacky conspiracy theory after all.

You should be careful with that acceleration too. If you manage to get that swing up to 88mph, you won't need fairways where you're going.

Hit it out of your shadow next time. Oh yeah, and try swinging the club on plane.

FON
    Nice swing FON, but how about that ensemble. You find that in the same dumpster Shuz gets his gear from?

Did sound like you compressed the ball nicely, thumbs up.

hit it out of your shadow next time. Oh yeah, and try swinging the club on plane.FON
    That was a 310GM driver. We made the clip slow motion so we could see the moves in sequence, my weight shift, my knee action, what my feet do, and the flattening move at the top to bring it down on plane.

We do that because a full speed Youtube video cannot be analyzed. Shoot your swing in slow motion if you want objective comment.

Larry

That was a 310GM driver. We made the clip slow motion so we could see the moves in sequence, my weight shift, my knee action, what my feet do, and the flattening move at the top to bring it down on plane.

We do that because a full speed Youtube video cannot be analyzed. Shoot your swing in slow motion if you want objective comment.
    Nice wriggle there, Larry.

You asked for his swing, you got it.

It's light-years better than yours.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker
    Nice wriggle there, Larry.

You asked for his swing, you got it.

It's light-years better than yours.
    Buffoon. What are you doing at home wasting time again today? Soon you will be 10 then 20 years older and you STILL will have accomplished nothing!!!

It is sickening to see a young healthy person throwing away the greatest gift of all, his potentially productive years.

Of course Alan started the wasting process when he dropped out of school, failed to go to college, failed to graduate from even plumbing or electrician apprentice schools, and now he just sits and types nonsense into Internet golf discussions.

Why did he pick golf? He can't afford to take lessons or to play the good courses. He will NEVER be able to afford to join a country club.

Larry

Unless he is like a lot of people in the world that don't want to hang around with a bunch of snobs and arseholes. Catch my drift larry.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Unless he is like a lot of people in the world that don't want to hang around with a bunch of snobs and arseholes. Catch my drift larry.
    He can't, jt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narciss...ality_disorder
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Buffoon. What are you doing at home wasting time again today? Soon you will be 10 then 20 years older and you STILL will have accomplished nothing!!!
    I worked until about 8:00pm last night on that script (and other things) then played hockey late (10:45pm), then had beers with the guys afterward. So I organize my schedule so that I don't have appointments with clients Thursday mornings.

I'm glad to see you posting on your lunch hour, though!

It is sickening to see a young healthy person throwing away the greatest gift of all, his potentially productive years.

Of course Alan started the wasting process when he dropped out of school, failed to go to college, failed to graduate from even plumbing or electrician apprentice schools, and now he just sits and types nonsense into Internet golf discussions.

Why did he pick golf? He can't afford to take lessons or to play the good courses. He will NEVER be able to afford to join a country club.
    Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about my financial future, Larry. Worry about your own. It must be tough still having to run your one man document scanning business at the age of 70...

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Larry, I need some scanning and copying. I think the going rate in bulk is 2 cents a page, but this would be alot for one person. What do you think? I'm just up the road.
    GR lives...

Larry
    Larry, you have maybe 60-65 degrees of shoulder turn at most using a weighted club. According to TPI, 99% of all amateurs can probably turn more than that. Look it up, it's a fact. Duh.

You haven't even mastered the turning part yet.

Thread Information