|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The 2011 Nfl Playoffs Thread

I don't think the Super Bowl winning quarterback will have viciously killed dogs with his bare hands. He may, however, have stupid hair, but it doesn't keep him from plugging supermodels.

Time to make your picks.

Why'd the effin software change my all caps title?
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I don't think the Super Bowl winning quarterback will have viciously killed dogs with his bare hands. He may, however, have stupid hair, but it doesn't keep him from plugging supermodels.

Time to make your picks.

Why'd the effin software change my all caps title?
    I'm hoping the Superbowl winning QB has a crazy birth mark on his face. Long-haired boring QB's have had too much success, as have the rape-y ones. I wouldn't mind one of the dog-murdering QB's take home the prize. TBH, I want to see someone new win it, or the Saints again.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Not to sound racist, but if you bet against the black quarterback you will win.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

The Super Bowl winner may well be from Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, the western side. That team has done more with less and those guys--from head coach to the lowliest special teamer--are the toughest bunch in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I'm hoping the Superbowl winning QB has a crazy birth mark on his face. Long-haired boring QB's have had too much success, as have the rape-y ones. I wouldn't mind one of the dog-murdering QB's take home the prize. TBH, I want to see someone new win it, or the Saints again.
    Yeah, it might be a little dull if the Pats won again. But they're my team so I have to be loyal and back them. The only way I could change and root for the Eagles is if they somehow become favored. I'd have to visualize someone from PITA splitting his head open with an axe at Disneyland aftewards.
    GR lives...

Golf Discussion Vs. Non Golf Discussion.

I think you made the right choice.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic

OK. Which playoff team has the best quarterback golfer? Not by handicaps. Handicaps are B.S. And Vick plays left-handed. Aaron Rodgers is supposed to be good. I'll bet Brady has a bag full of expensive shovels, hybrids and off-set woods that set up 4* closed. Big Ben probably plays persimmon and 60's forged tour blades. Half of the rest of them just play tennis and have cats.

Thank you. I PM-d just about everyone, wanting to bet $1M you'd comment on that, but no takers.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    OK. Which playoff team has the best quarterback golfer? Not by handicaps. Handicaps are B.S. And Vick plays left-handed. Aaron Rodgers is supposed to be good. I'll bet Brady has a bag full of expensive shovels, hybrids and off-set woods that set up 4* closed. Big Ben probably plays persimmon and 60's forged tour blades. Half of the rest of them just play tennis and have cats.
    Thanks for providing a golf veil for this thead. I actually saw Brady play at the AT&T just after winning one of his early Super Bowls. He wasn't bad, hit it long but was kind of a whiner. Since I'm rooting for him, I mean that in a good way.
    GR lives...

Thanks for providing a golf veil for this thead. I actually saw Brady play at the AT&T just after winning one of his early Super Bowls. He wasn't bad, hit it long but was kind of a whiner. Since I'm rooting for him, I mean that in a good way.
    I'm not really rooting for him but I think the Patriots have the brain trust in the league. Brady without Belechick would be another Carson Palmer. What a waste of oxygen that guy is. Big "L" on his forehead. Watched that game on Sunday. If Palmer had half a gonad, they should have put the Ravens to sleep just for pride.

I'm not really rooting for him but I think the Patriots have the brain trust in the league. Brady without Belechick would be another Carson Palmer. What a waste of oxygen that guy is. Big "L" on his forehead. Watched that game on Sunday. If Palmer had half a gonad, they should have put the Ravens to sleep just for pride.
    He's from here (Orange County) and was not exactly known for breaking new ground in the classroom or at the autoteller.
    GR lives...

Thank you. I PM-d just about everyone, wanting to bet $1M you'd comment on that, but no takers.
    Really? I don't see any of those in the PM logs....

Really? I don't see any of those in the PM logs....
    License, my boy.

To test out your level of vision here, how many PM-s did I just send?
    GR lives...

License, my boy.

To test out your level of vision here, how many PM-s did I just send?
    Hahaha. I was just ****ing with you to see if you believed be. Mods can't see the PM's only administrators like Francois are able to.

But I'm going to guess 0 just because.

Hahaha. I was just ****ing with you to see if you believed be. Mods can't see the PM's only administrators like Francois are able to.

But I'm going to guess 0 just because.
    Yeah, 0 was it. I guess if you call someone else's b.s. with b.s. then the other guy can call your b.s.
    GR lives...

Can't say I give a shite about the playoffs this year, but of course, I will watch the games. I can't see Green Bay or the Eagles making it to the super bowl, so I gotta go with Falcons/Patriots in the big game and unfortunately the Pats winning. I'm pulling for the birds.
    Alls I know is that my future superbowl winning quarterback for the Panthers is having a good night against the VA tech Chokies.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Can't say I give a shite about the playoffs this year, but of course, I will watch the games. I can't see Green Bay or the Eagles making it to the super bowl, so I gotta go with Falcons/Patriots in the big game and unfortunately the Pats winning. I'm pulling for the birds.
    Alls I know is that my future superbowl winning quarterback for the Panthers is having a good night against the VA tech Chokies.
    If that's how it works out, great for you. Luck's really savvy and aware but a little back footed and maybe not a great arm that can produce a pretty spiral. But he's at Stanford where they're typically not your average football dummies.

I'm already tired of talking heads doing stupid plays on words with the name Luck even though I haven't heard one yet.

They say he may not come out for the draft but then I've seen the women at Stanford.
    GR lives...

Yeah, 0 was it. I guess if you call someone else's b.s. with b.s. then the other guy can call your b.s.

You know what they say, "Can't BS a BS'er."

I can't tell you how bad that loss hurts. Tech sucked so hard and in so many ways...I can't bare to think about it.

Back to the NFL...

The 2 top seeds in the AFC are going to have match up nightmares. I think Indy and Baltimore win easily in the first round, and provide match up problems for the 2 top seeds. Pittsburgh doesn't have the best history vs Manning and NE always struggles with Baltimore.

The best game of the week is GB vs. PHI...I think Philly wins a close one in a surprisingly low scoring game, then goes on to care of CHI the next week. NO will generate a lot of hype by blowing out the Seahawks and Falcons in back to back weeks, and then they will get trounced out in the cold at Philly.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I can't tell you how bad that loss hurts. Tech sucked so hard and in so many ways...I can't bare to think about it.

Back to the NFL...

The 2 top seeds in the AFC are going to have match up nightmares. I think Indy and Baltimore win easily in the first round, and provide match up problems for the 2 top seeds. Pittsburgh doesn't have the best history vs Manning and NE always struggles with Baltimore.

The best game of the week is GB vs. PHI...I think Philly wins a close one in a surprisingly low scoring game, then goes on to care of CHI the next week. NO will generate a lot of hype by blowing out the Seahawks and Falcons in back to back weeks, and then they will get trounced out in the cold at Philly.
    You have a good handle on this weekend. Keep in mind that teams with animal names are much less likely to win the Super Bowl than those named after humans. Thus, it should statistically come down to Packers, Saints, Steelers, Patriots. As humbling as it would be to be called a Saint, I ain't. I am a Patriot. I am a Steeler because my background is in processing stainless steel tubing. As for a Packer....what normal man would admit to being a Packer?

You have a good handle on this weekend. Keep in mind that teams with animal names are much less likely to win the Super Bowl than those named after humans. Thus, it should statistically come down to Packers, Saints, Steelers, Patriots. As humbling as it would be to be called a Saint, I ain't. I am a Patriot. I am a Steeler because my background is in processing stainless steel tubing. As for a Packer....what normal man would admit to being a Packer?
    Hmm...thats a good point. I just looked it up, of the 8 teams with more than 3 Super Bowl wins all of them are named after humans...Steelers (6), 49'ers (5), Cowboys (5), Giants-Raiders-Patriots-Raiders-Redskins (3)
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I didn't know there was any other type of football being played this time of year other than the college bowl games. My bad. When did the NFL start? Is Brett Favre playing this year or is he still retired?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Hmm...thats a good point. I just looked it up, of the 8 teams with more than 3 Super Bowl wins all of them are named after humans...Steelers (6), 49'ers (5), Cowboys (5), Giants-Raiders-Patriots-Raiders-Redskins (3)
    What's the percentage of teams named after humans? We must also count only the teams that were in existence at the time of each superbowl. I think Mongrel should do the research as he was the one who brought this up. Plus, it's debatable whether the Browns were names after Paul.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

What's the percentage of teams named after humans? We must also count only the teams that were in existence at the time of each superbowl. I think Mongrel should do the research as he was the one who brought this up. Plus, it's debatable whether the Browns were names after Paul.
    I did a little leg work for you. 15 animal names if you include the Bills which have a bison logo. 15 human names and the Jets and Browns.

I consider "taking the Browns to super bowl" to be right up there with "dropping the kids off at the pool."

OK. The Super Bowl has been played 44 times since the 1967 innaugural. Nine Super Bowls were won by teams with animal names. In the last 20 years, five animal name teams won. About 25%. There's your odds but only five different teams with animal names have ever won a Super Bowl and three of them are still in the hunt: Colts, Bears and Ravens. I live in Raven Land and all the fans (which is almost everybody) is ultra confident that the Chiefs will lay down and they are all looking forward to round two. Boy would I like to see the Chiefs wallop the crows.

I consider "taking the Browns to super bowl" to be right up there with "dropping the kids off at the pool."
    I'm definitely adding that one to my repertoire. In exchange, I offer "growing a tail."
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I did a little leg work for you. 15 animal names if you include the Bills which have a bison logo. 15 human names and the Jets and Browns.

The Browns were named after the family of ownership. Just like the San Diego Spanos or the Dallas Jones. I have my own Super Bowl. It cost under $120 at Home Depot and was included in last summer's renovations. Every morning I drop off the Browns into my super bowl.

Whoops. I made a mistake. The Jets were not named after the inanimate objects but the Puerto Rican gang from West Side Story. I guess their quarterback, Sanchez, is a fitting actor.

TP, sorry about my Stanford boys banging all over your Techies. Lucky for you there were a couple of early Cardinal bad decisions or it could have been alot worse.

In typical fashion the eastern based media had convinced themselves their eastern team could upset our west coast brain boys. It happens all year every year and they still haven't learned. That's what makes the Oregon State/ Auburn game so interesting. I think my Oregon State boys may open alot of eyes. Cam Newton's the best player but my Oregon State team is scary good.
    GR lives...

Hey Mongrel, does Art Donovan still appear on the sports during the news broadcasts? He was one funny SOB
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

TP, sorry about my Stanford boys banging all over your Techies. Lucky for you there were a couple of early Cardinal bad decisions or it could have been alot worse.

In typical fashion the eastern based media had convinced themselves their eastern team could upset our west coast brain boys. It happens all year every year and they still haven't learned. That's what makes the Oregon State/ Auburn game so interesting. I think my Oregon State boys may open alot of eyes. Cam Newton's the best player but my Oregon State team is scary good.
    I don't know about that Zo. The Monday Night Football crew was giving Stanford, Harbaugh, and Luck a prolonged blow job that started prior to kick off and lasted well into the night. Even right after halftime when Luck threw the pick, Gruden was admiring the spiral.
    Go ahead and take Oregon (not Oregon State, which makes me question whether or not you even know anything about football that wasn't whispered into your ear by the guy who bangs you at the gym). I'll take Auburn. If you haven't been paying attention for the past 5 years, SEC teams win National Championships, while teams from the Big 12, PAC 10, and Big 10 get to have their assses waxed on the grandest stage.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I don't know about that Zo. The Monday Night Football crew was giving Stanford, Harbaugh, and Luck a prolonged blow job that started prior to kick off and lasted well into the night. Even right after halftime when Luck threw the pick, Gruden was admiring the spiral.
    Go ahead and take Oregon (not Oregon State, which makes me question whether or not you even know anything about football that wasn't whispered into your ear by the guy who bangs you at the gym). I'll take Auburn. If you haven't been paying attention for the past 5 years, SEC teams win National Championships, while teams from the Big 12, PAC 10, and Big 10 get to have their assses waxed on the grandest stage.
    The majority of guys during the pre-game show, Lou Holtz included, picked VT for the upset. Of course the broadcast crew sucked dry the guys with names known by the public. That's their job even more than siding with who they think will win. And Gruden sucks dry all the quarterbacks.

Oregon, Oregon State, like it effing matters. I actually attended the Oregon/Washington game this year, spent a little time on the sidelines, they qualify as my team. Go Green, er Black, er whatever.

Yes, the SEC's been kicking butt, however the trend is moving toward the PAC 10. To lump them in with the Big 12, Big 10, isn't credible of you, you're just overmaking your point. Soon the SEC and PAC-22 will leave the rest of the country in the dust. All the players want to go there and each year the coaching congregates there moreso. You didn't see last night's game?

Yes, Auburn looks stronger, but I think it's closer than you think and with a bounce or two the crown will be back in the PAC-xy.

By the way, congratulations on retaining Marvin Lewis. There's a good move.
    GR lives...

The majority of guys during the pre-game show, Lou Holtz included, picked VT for the upset. Of course the broadcast crew sucked dry the guys with names known by the public. That's their job even more than siding with who they think will win. And Gruden sucks dry all the quarterbacks.

Oregon, Oregon State, like it effing matters. I actually attended the Oregon/Washington game this year, spent a little time on the sidelines, they qualify as my team. Go Green, er Black, er whatever.

Yes, the SEC's been kicking butt, however the trend is moving toward the PAC 10. To lump them in with the Big 12, Big 10, isn't credible of you, you're just overmaking your point. Soon the SEC and PAC-22 will leave the rest of the country in the dust. All the players want to go there and each year the coaching congregates there moreso. You didn't see last night's game?

Yes, Auburn looks stronger, but I think it's closer than you think and with a bounce or two the crown will be back in the PAC-xy.

By the way, congratulations on retaining Marvin Lewis. There's a good move.
    You know the only reason I'm picking Auburn is because you finally picked a favorite prior to the event being played, which sets yourself for potential failure (since you usually just show up a day later, talking about how your favorite team won). I want to be the one who calls you to the mat. Me? My allegiance is always clear, and my teams are always terrible, but there's something to be said about consistency. Might steadfast allegiance to garbage teams is one of my most endearing traits (that and my huge cock).
    I honestly cannot believe the Bengals kept Marvin Lewis. I believe the entire coaching staff is still intact as well. Might as well give them raises.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

You know the only reason I'm picking Auburn is because you finally picked a favorite prior to the event being played, which sets yourself for potential failure (since you usually just show up a day later, talking about how your favorite team won). I want to be the one who calls you to the mat. Me? My allegiance is always clear, and my teams are always terrible, but there's something to be said about consistency. Might steadfast allegiance to garbage teams is one of my most endearing traits (that and my huge cock).
    I honestly cannot believe the Bengals kept Marvin Lewis. I believe the entire coaching staff is still intact as well. Might as well give them raises.
    It was reported they not only kept him but met his demands. WTF? The Bengals used to be my favorite team.

I see that you slavishly worship teams even when they're awful. Why? Wouldn't it make more sense to experience success and exhilaration? It's not like you or someone from your family is playing for the Bengals. Do you know any of the Bengal players? This is where you can learn something from us Italians. Don't worry, be happy.

I don't always wait until after, I've already announced my allegiances to Standford and the Patriots. Ok, maybe Stanford was after. But you don't have me cornered. Half-time is for evaluating your allegiance. Look, I get the life is about suffering, I'm a mid-westerner thing. But there's a better way. You just may not be able to sense that in the frozen January in which you live.

The in-laws are still there, aren't they.
    GR lives...

Oregon wins the National Championship. There is my gift to you. Now, you guys stick to talking NFL because there will not be any NFL for you to talk next season after the big sissies strike over more money.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Oregon wins the National Championship. There is my gift to you. Now, you guys stick to talking NFL because there will not be any NFL for you to talk next season after the big sissies strike over more money.
    There will always be NFL football. In the infinitesimal chance that a player strike halts next years' games, there is no overestimating how many millions of fans will watch this years' games re-run on the NFL channel. Their ad revenue would skyrocket. But there's not a chance there will be no games because for every man on an NFL team active roster, practice squad or injured reserve list, there are 5,000 who would gladly take their places for some per diem scratch. I can see the coaches and scouts now about the second week of August 2011 cruising the backstreets and neighborhood commercial thorofares in the ghettos and near-urban suburbs in search of suitable replacements. "Hey, look at that huge guy wiping the windshield at that car wash. Must be 6'8" and go 340-360." "Yo, man..what's your name?" "Dey call me Fat Albert." "You ever play ball?" "Yeah, I was Pee Wee league quarterback and by junior high I was center and defensive tackle and water boy." "How much you weigh?" "Around 365." "Can you run?" "I pretty fast when the poe-leece be comin' 'round the corner." "Ever do any lifting?" "Yeah. I can pick up the front end of my homie's Honda so he can fit it in this parking space." (Coach to scout: "There's our starting nose tackle." "Hey son, how'd you like to make $1,000 next Sunday?" REPEAT THIS PROCESS 125 TIMES IN A TWO WEEK PERIOD AND YOU HAVE YOUR NEW TEAM.

Sorry HS, you're out of Luck.
    GR lives...

Sorry HS, you're out of Luck.
    Noooooooooooooooo!!!! Goddamnit.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Noooooooooooooooo!!!! Goddamnit.
    He's basically turning down $50M+ which given risk of injury, lock-out, possibility of a future cap during first several years, could cost him quite a bit of money.
    GR lives...

He's basically turning down $50M+ which given risk of injury, lock-out, possibility of a future cap during first several years, could cost him quite a bit of money.
    I don't want anyone with their priorities that out of whack quarterbacking for my team anyway. I hope he breaks his spine in a bowl game next year.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I don't want anyone with their priorities that out of whack quarterbacking for my team anyway. I hope he breaks his spine in a bowl game next year.
    One of the reasons he wanted to go back was to be with his gf. They're just so good at getting you to do something stupid, particularly at that age.
    GR lives...

One of the reasons he wanted to go back was to be with his gf. They're just so good at getting you to do something stupid, particularly at that age.
    I didn't get the whole story behind this, but on the surface that's the dumbest thing I ever saw. Whe you're young, famous and getting paid millions of dollars a year the Ho comes to you, or you find another Ho (or 10). I had some girl friends in the past who had a big effect on me and I made sacrifices to stay with them, but I wasn't a millioniare ball player with hot women throwing themselves at me.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

The best reasons for returning to school: 1. No way he wants to risk being drafted and have to play for the Carolina Panthers, one of the worst franchises in professional sports.
    2. No way he wants to risk coming into the league when the Collective Bargaining Agreement status is up in the air and his potential millions could turn into potential hundreds of thousands. 3. No way he wants to risk becoming another Matt Leinnart or Art Schleister or any number of wonder-boy quarterbacks like Vince Young whose maximum potential ends up being pitchmen for local about-to-fail banks and sleazy local car dealers propped up with TARP money so they can keep the floorplan and make the payroll. And the best reason of all is that with all the uncertainties about the immediate future of the NFL, his name would be the easiest of any potential #1 to exploit by the sports journalists and pundits, especially if he comes out flat. Like "Bad Luck and Trouble". (A very good Jack Reacher book, by the way.)

The best reasons for returning to school: 1. No way he wants to risk being drafted and have to play for the Carolina Panthers, one of the worst franchises in professional sports.
    2. No way he wants to risk coming into the league when the Collective Bargaining Agreement status is up in the air and his potential millions could turn into potential hundreds of thousands. 3. No way he wants to risk becoming another Matt Leinnart or Art Schleister or any number of wonder-boy quarterbacks like Vince Young whose maximum potential ends up being pitchmen for local about-to-fail banks and sleazy local car dealers propped up with TARP money so they can keep the floorplan and make the payroll. And the best reason of all is that with all the uncertainties about the immediate future of the NFL, his name would be the easiest of any potential #1 to exploit by the sports journalists and pundits, especially if he comes out flat. Like "Bad Luck and Trouble". (A very good Jack Reacher book, by the way.)
    A contract signed by him now could not be voided by expiration of the collective bargaining agreement. He would only be subject to loss of compensation relating to games cancelled during a strike.
    GR lives...

1. No way he wants to risk being drafted and have to play for the Carolina Panthers, one of the worst franchises in professional sports. )
    Uhhhh no. They had a sh!tty year. Otherwise a great franchise in a great city.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

A contract signed by him now could not be voided by expiration of the collective bargaining agreement. He would only be subject to loss of compensation relating to games cancelled during a strike.
    Then it must be that he would really rather earn his BS in architecture, join a firm, and spend the next five years designing family room bumpouts for ranchers owned by post-yuppies and retail space renovations for Chinese carryouts than risk public embarassment of being a Leinnert or becoming the punching bag for every defensive player in the NFL. Smart choice.

F+CK YOU NEW ORLEANS. HAH HAH HAH HAH. Compliments of George W. Bush as repayment for putting Katrina on him.

The stupid guy's gonna get blamed. That's just the way it is.

Of course in Vick's case it's deserved. Hopefully those that thought Vick was the MVP watched more than the highlights. Actually, if they watched only the highlights, they wouldn't have seen him.
    GR lives...

The stupid guy's gonna get blamed. That's just the way it is.

Of course in Vick's case it's deserved. Hopefully those that thought Vick was the MVP watched more than the highlights. Actually, if they watched only the highlights, they wouldn't have seen him.
    I normally don't like running quarterbacks. They seldom succeed in the NFL. The exeption, I think, will be Cam Newton, who without a doubt will lead the Carolina Panthers to a super bowl win.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I normally don't like running quarterbacks. They seldom succeed in the NFL. The exeption, I think, will be Cam Newton, who without a doubt will lead the Carolina Panthers to a super bowl win.
    If you believe the media hype machine, you guys will win the next 5 Super Bowls. If you prefer logic, you'll win the next 5 no. 1 draft picks. That's enough to get Andrew Luck.
    GR lives...

If you believe the media hype machine, you guys will win the next 5 Super Bowls. If you prefer logic, you'll win the next 5 no. 1 draft picks. That's enough to get Andrew Luck.
    I'm not really onboard the Cam bandwagon. I'm just trying to talk myself into getting excited about the prospect.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I'm not really onboard the Cam bandwagon. I'm just trying to talk myself into getting excited about the prospect.
    You have a choice. You could root for the Patriots. Why not feel great about your team now? You could always switch back later.

There's no blood involved in this fan stuff. Do you wear the same underwear every day?
    GR lives...

Another Vince Young. Something about Carolina doesn't work. Maybe the market's too small moneywise and captive so that the fans will put up with mediocrity year after year. The head coach used to be a real crafty and sly (like a fox) game manager, but that was in the beginning when he had a bunch of good players. Now they're the Lions of the South, but Detroit is improving and Charlotte is not. Ownership should clean house starting with the head coach and his staff, like a bunch of other teams that have not failed to disappoint year after year despite their records and number of playoff appearances.

Another Vince Young. Something about Carolina doesn't work. Maybe the market's too small moneywise and captive so that the fans will put up with mediocrity year after year. The head coach used to be a real crafty and sly (like a fox) game manager, but that was in the beginning when he had a bunch of good players. Now they're the Lions of the South, but Detroit is improving and Charlotte is not. Ownership should clean house starting with the head coach and his staff, like a bunch of other teams that have not failed to disappoint year after year despite their records and number of playoff appearances.
    The fans in Charlotte aren't really putting up with it. Thankfully, opposing teams' fans will gladly fill the stadium. I saw them play Baltimore this year, the crowd was 40% Ravens fans. Luckily for Carolina's owner, people like coming to Charlotte. I don't see anyone wanting to spend a weekend in Detroit.
    The house cleaning has already begun. Fox was told months ago that his contract would not be renewed. They are interviewing coaches now.
    Last edited by Home-slicer; 01-10-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Well, it's almost time for my Ducks to do their thing. Buckle your seatbelts.
    GR lives...

The fans in Charlotte aren't really putting up with it. Thankfully, opposing teams' fans will gladly fill the stadium. I saw them play Baltimore this year, the crowd was 40% Ravens fans. Luckily for Carolina's owner, people like coming to Charlotte. I don't see anyone wanting to spend a weekend in Detroit.
    The house cleaning has already begun. Fox was told months ago that his contract would not be renewed. They are interviewing coaches now.
    Hopefully your fans will prevail and ownership will spruce things up. I heard a bit earlier that Fox may be interviewing in Denver and that Ron Rivera may be the new Panthers HC. I used to be a baseball fan in Philly where I grew up and years later in Baltimore where I threw down the anchor. I had season tickets in 1983 when the Orioles played the Phillies and went to most home games that year with tickets 8 rows back from the 3rd base dugout. Then the team went through several ownership changes and 10 years later had a new taxpayer-funded $250 million stadium and a piss-poor team with the useless Iron Man Ripkin as its figurehead. After 1 year the bloom was off the rose and when the Yankees or Red Sox came to town, at least half the 47,950 +/- seats were filled by asses domiciled in one of those northern cities. The New Yorkers love it because they can drive or take the Amtrak down to Baltimore, stay overnight, eat like kings, get drunk as skunks and buy souvenirs for less than they'd pay for one game in Yankee Stadium. The local business people love it but for a home-team sports fan, it sucks.

Are you truly a Duck fan or just on the bandwagon thing? I went to many Duck games while in college. I didn't go to U of O but to a college very close by.

I have $100 on them at +3.5 and also have them in my bowl pick'em leagues.

Well, it's almost time for my Ducks to do their thing
    Lose a BCS bowl game? The bowl game helmets look cool.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I don't follow yur football that closely, but I would say that from the 4 playoff games on the weekend ther were 3 good results for the bookies, and one bad result. I think most people would be surprised that New Orleans and Indianapolis got rolled, and the Packers were probably not expected t beat the Eagles either. The Ravens won like good things.

Any thoughts on how these teams will go in week 2? I'm thinking the Ravens look strong, and the Packers are dangerous floaters, but Seattle and the Jets will probably be fodder.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    I don't follow yur football that closely, but I would say that from the 4 playoff games on the weekend ther were 3 good results for the bookies, and one bad result. I think most people would be surprised that New Orleans and Indianapolis got rolled, and the Packers were probably not expected t beat the Eagles either. The Ravens won like good things.

Any thoughts on how these teams will go in week 2? I'm thinking the Ravens look strong, and the Packers are dangerous floaters, but Seattle and the Jets will probably be fodder.
    The Ravens play the Steelers Saturday and that will be one to watch. Both are tough physical defensive teams that hate one another. When they play each other, its usually a low scoring bloodbath.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

The Ravens play the Steelers Saturday and that will be one to watch. Both are tough physical defensive teams that hate one another. When they play each other, its usually a low scoring bloodbath.
    They have a chanell over her that broadcasts the games live, I'll make sure I'm up for that one. That looks like the stand out game of the play-offs so far. You'd give the winner of that game a strong chance of being divisional champion.

They have a chanell over her that broadcasts the games live, I'll make sure I'm up for that one. That looks like the stand out game of the play-offs so far. You'd give the winner of that game a strong chance of being divisional champion.
    Either one of those teams could give the Patriots a run for their money, but the Patriots are the favorites to win the AFC.
    I don't see any of the NFC teams beating any of the three teams mentioned above. The AFC seems to be far superior this year.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

Either one of those teams could give the Patriots a run for their money, but the Patriots are the favorites to win the AFC.
    I don't see any of the NFC teams beating any of the three teams mentioned above. The AFC seems to be far superior this year.
    I didn't know that the Patriots were in the same division. I still think the steelers or Ravens could beat them. It looks like the real Superbowl will be the week before the official one this year.

Yeah, NaH, you soccer fans should love it . . . . . . . . play for hours and barely put a score on the board, much like soccer.

I have $100 on them at +3.5 and also have them in my bowl pick'em leagues.

I won my $100, but lost my bowl contest. Oh, well, it was a good game anyway.

I won my $100, but lost my bowl contest. Oh, well, it was a good game anyway.
    Auburn looked the better team, particularly at the line and on defense. I guess it's just as well Oregon lost. Phil Knight of Nike was on the Oregon track team, is a huge supporter and takes advantage of a what is essentially a loophole in the way college teams are able to access financial resources. Nike designs and pays for the many uniforms the Ducks wear, they've built amazing facilities on the Eugene campus exclusively for athletes and help close the deal with recruits.

Now that I know that, I'm grateful Auburn won and sent the Nike whores home with their tails between their legs.
    GR lives...

Auburn looked the better team, particularly at the line and on defense. I guess it's just as well Oregon lost. Phil Knight of Nike was on the Oregon track team, is a huge supporter and takes advantage of a what is essentially a loophole in the way college teams are able to access financial resources. Nike designs and pays for the many uniforms the Ducks wear, they've built amazing facilities on the Eugene campus exclusively for athletes and help close the deal with recruits.

Now that I know that, I'm grateful Auburn won and sent the Nike whores home with their tails between their legs.
    It was kind of a weird scene at the end of the game last night. As the confetti was raining down on Cam Newton and Gene Chizik, all I could think of was that these guys looked like cheaters, and that they will probably eventually be stripped of their title. Auburn's coach looked especially guilty...he didn't even look happy...he had this kind of defensive/ guilty look about him. Cam didn't show any signs of internal conflict like his coach, but that doesn't mean he is innocent...he may just have a more conditioned sense of entitlement.

It was kind of a weird scene at the end of the game last night. As the confetti was raining down on Cam Newton and Gene Chizik, all I could think of was that these guys looked like cheaters, and that they will probably eventually be stripped of their title. Auburn's coach looked especially guilty...he didn't even look happy...he had this kind of defensive/ guilty look about him. Cam didn't show any signs of internal conflict like his coach, but that doesn't mean he is innocent...he may just have a more conditioned sense of entitlement.
    Not much good ol' college innocence in victory was there. Nobody's better at running to the money while also claiming the high ground than the NCAA. When the time is right for them, they might spit out both Auburn and Newton. But then again, if it's in their financial interest, they'll swallow.
    GR lives...

Not much good ol' college innocence in victory was there. Nobody's better at running to the money while also claiming the high ground than the NCAA. When the time is right for them, they might spit out both Auburn and Newton. But then again, if it's in their financial interest, they'll swallow.
    Thats true. I like how the Ohio State stars were suspended for the first 5 games next year (most of which probably won't return to college anyway) rather than suspend them for the BCS bowl and hurt ratings.

Thats true. I like how the Ohio State stars were suspended for the first 5 games next year (most of which probably won't return to college anyway) rather than suspend them for the BCS bowl and hurt ratings.
    It's a system of indentured servitude and big money. And a governing body that's trying to hide it's monetary purpose under secrecy and false image. But while that's the real description it isn't what you get from the participants - there's a phony veil.

All of that is of course obvious and not particularly interesting. What is interesting is watching the fanboys buy in and the entitlement play out.
    GR lives...

It's a system of indentured servitude and big money. And a governing body that's trying to hide it's monetary purpose under secrecy and false image. But while that's the real description it isn't what you get from the participants - there's a phony veil.

All of that is of course obvious and not particularly interesting. What is interesting is watching the fanboys buy in and the entitlement play out.
    Glad to see that your team (Auburn) won last night. Your teams have won every championship for the past few years. You are a lucky guy when it comes to sports.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Glad to see that your team (Auburn) won last night. Your teams have won every championship for the past few years. You are a lucky guy when it comes to sports.
    Thank you. Yes, the SEC is the class of....um.... they're the best in college football so I'm glad to be a fan. My Auburn guys played at a very high level and I'm a little hungover still from celebrating last night.
    GR lives...

It's a matter of time though before SEC's reign of national championships ends for a time. If Oklahoma would have had an OC that knew how to call something different than the off tackle dive 4 times in a row on the goal line, they would have beat Florida two years ago. If Colt McCoy hadn't got hurt at the start of the game last year, they would have won. Last night, Auburn had to win on a last second field goal.

It use to be that the SEC's speed was a step better than all the other conferences. I think it still is over the Big Ten, Big East and the ACC. But, Oklahoma and Texas can contend with them as well as some of the PAC 10 (12) teams. **** tends to run in cycles in sports and the SEC NC cycle is about done.

Nice run though . . . . .

It's a matter of time though before SEC's reign of national championships ends for a time. If Oklahoma would have had an OC that knew how to call something different than the off tackle dive 4 times in a row on the goal line, they would have beat Florida two years ago. If Colt McCoy hadn't got hurt at the start of the game last year, they would have won. Last night, Auburn had to win on a last second field goal.

It use to be that the SEC's speed was a step better than all the other conferences. I think it still is over the Big Ten, Big East and the ACC. But, Oklahoma and Texas can contend with them as well as some of the PAC 10 (12) teams. **** tends to run in cycles in sports and the SEC NC cycle is about done.

Nice run though . . . . .
    I'm by no means an SEC fan, but how can you say that Big 12 teams are in the conversation? They stunk this year and that conference was almost disolved last year. They are losing one of their top teams in Nebraska and Texas was downright dreadful this year. I could see an argument for the PAC 10/12, maybe even the Big 10, but not the Big 12. Clearly a conference on its way down.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

There's no denying that the SEC has dominated the BCS era. The PAC 10/12 is an overrated joke.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

I'm by no means an SEC fan, but how can you say that Big 12 teams are in the conversation? They stunk this year and that conference was almost disolved last year. They are losing one of their top teams in Nebraska and Texas was downright dreadful this year. I could see an argument for the PAC 10/12, maybe even the Big 10, but not the Big 12. Clearly a conference on its way down.
    Agree. If anyone can compete with the SEC it's the PAC. It's about success, weather and p.ussy. In Texas and Oklahoma's cases, they'll either fade away or one day be in one conference or the other.
    GR lives...

There's no denying that the SEC has dominated the BCS era. The PAC 10/12 is an overrated joke.
    Here are the 10 most winning NCAA programs in the 2000s and (how many players from those schools are on NFL rosters)

#1 - Boise State - (10)
    #2 - Texas - (43)
    #3 - Oklahoma - (32)
    #4 - Ohio State - (41)
    #5 - USC - (42)
    #6 - Florida - (36)
    #7 - TCU - (13)
    #8 - LSU - (44)
    #9 - Georgia - (40)
    #10 - Virginia Tech - (22)

BSU and TCU are pretenders...Their conferences are crap. VT is also a bit of a pretender when it comes to recruiting.

Miami (45), Tennessee (38), Michigan (33), and FSU (32) are also elite recruiters who don't seem to get the most out of their players.

In the last 5 drafts the talent gap has been surprisingly close between the SEC and ACC:

All Draft Picks per conference the last 5 years Total and (1st Rounders):
    SEC - 187 (39)
    ACC - 184 (35)
    Big 10- 159 (26)
    Pac 10- 159 (18)
    Big 12- 148 (20)
    Big East- 89 (8)

The SEC doesn't really have much more talent than other conferences, but they do seem to have better coaches and about 4 teams with elite recruit classes vs. other conferences with only 2 teams.

I don't recall mentioning in the above post that the Big 12 was any good this year. IMO, there were not any teams that really stood out as uncharacteristically dominant. How many players do you see across the nation that are likely to "upgrade" the NFL this year with talent? Not many. We have had much better teams and players in the past years. This was a definite down year. The Big 12 was REALLY down, but it ranked only under the SEC and PAC 10.

I follow the NCAA football ranks year round and keep up with all the conferences closely. I'm just saying that the wins of the SEC in the NC the last few years is just a trend that is likely to change. In fact, the SEC was really down this year in talent compared to past years. The next couple of years could see an NC champion from just about any conference emerge.

Agree. If anyone can compete with the SEC it's the PAC. It's about success, weather and p.ussy. In Texas and Oklahoma's cases, they'll either fade away or one day be in one conference or the other.
    You are making an assessment of "guilty by association" here. The Big 12 is weak with the leaving of Nebraska and Colorado, BUT that does not mean that Oklahoma and Texas are weak. Yeah, Texas had a really bad year, but there is way too much talent for them to recruit from in the state of Texas for them to stay down. Oklahoma gets the majority of their recruits from the state of Texas and they had an exceptional class this past year and the results of that class were seen on the field this year. They will be even better the next couple of years.

I do agree though, I don't see the Big 12 conference surviving. It is very likely that the Oklahoma schools and Texas schools will end up in another conference.

Here are the 10 most winning NCAA programs in the 2000s and (how many players from those schools are on NFL rosters)

#1 - Boise State - (10)
    #2 - Texas - (43)
    #3 - Oklahoma - (32)
    #4 - Ohio State - (41)
    #5 - USC - (42)
    #6 - Florida - (36)
    #7 - TCU - (13)
    #8 - LSU - (44)
    #9 - Georgia - (40)
    #10 - Virginia Tech - (22)

BSU and TCU are pretenders...Their conferences are crap. VT is also a bit of a pretender when it comes to recruiting.

Miami (45), Tennessee (38), Michigan (33), and FSU (32) are also elite recruiters who don't seem to get the most out of their players.

In the last 5 drafts the talent gap has been surprisingly close between the SEC and ACC:

All Draft Picks per conference the last 5 years Total and (1st Rounders):
    SEC - 187 (39)
    ACC - 184 (35)
    Big 10- 159 (26)
    Pac 10- 159 (18)
    Big 12- 148 (20)
    Big East- 89 (8)

The SEC doesn't really have much more talent than other conferences, but they do seem to have better coaches and about 4 teams with elite recruit classes vs. other conferences with only 2 teams.
    I'm glad you acknowledged the pretenders that exist in AQ conferences. It is not that I don't think Boise and TCU (and usually Utah as well) are all good programs. They can usually do well, and HAVE, in one and done bowl games. But, they would not be nearly as successful if they had would have had to grind it out game after game in one of the BCS conferences. TCU is going to find that out in the next few years even in the weak Big East.

The SEC does have more talent than most conferences. That is because all these schools reside in and recruit within the deep South where football tradition is rich. The South has great high school programs and coaches. Other conferences are starting to catch up some by gaining some recruits from the same area, but the SEC will always have an advantage there.

You are making an assessment of "guilty by association" here. The Big 12 is weak with the leaving of Nebraska and Colorado, BUT that does not mean that Oklahoma and Texas are weak. Yeah, Texas had a really bad year, but there is way too much talent for them to recruit from in the state of Texas for them to stay down. Oklahoma gets the majority of their recruits from the state of Texas and they had an exceptional class this past year and the results of that class were seen on the field this year. They will be even better the next couple of years.

I do agree though, I don't see the Big 12 conference surviving. It is very likely that the Oklahoma schools and Texas schools will end up in another conference.
    Not as much guilt by association as my prediction for the future. To survive as vibrant programs they'll have to leave.

Looking at the last 10 years won't necessarily tell us as much as looking at the trends. The NFL has gone in the direction of skill and the passing game which gives sunbelt conferences an advantage. A sunbelt conference can flounder and regain, as can schools in the sunbelt. The ones where you want to be inside during most of the academic year cannot.
    GR lives...

The PAC 10 obviously has the most intelligent players. Stanford, UCLA, Cal, USC...the list goes on and on. Schools on OK and Texas will take anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    The PAC 10 obviously has the most intelligent players. Stanford, UCLA, Cal, USC...the list goes on and on. Schools on OK and Texas will take anyone.
    FD, you're really not much of a follower of football in general, are you? No one who follows college football closely gives a shite about academics. The only thing that matters in college football is who is winning and who is not.

I suppose the chess teams care about who is allowed into their University though . . . . .

FD, you're really not much of a follower of football in general, are you? No one who follows college football closely gives a shite about academics. The only thing that matters in college football is who is winning and who is not.

I suppose the chess teams care about who is allowed into their University though . . . . .
    I used to be but not any longer. I'll watch the occassional Monday Night Football game and the playoffs. As for college, I'm a USC fan but only watch a handful of games. My grandfather used to go to every single USC home game and I went with him one time to witness one of the greatest games ever. It was in 1974, I believe, where USC came back from a halftime score of 24-0 to beat Notre Dame 55-24. Anthony Davis was the tailback.

I think I've lost interest because of what the players are paid in addition to their attitude and free agency. I liked the old days when players would stay with the same team. As for college football I'm usually busy on Saturday beating Mizuno toting hacks like you.

I used to be but not any longer. I'll watch the occassional Monday Night Football game and the playoffs. As for college, I'm a USC fan but only watch a handful of games. My grandfather used to go to every single USC home game and I went with him one time to witness one of the greatest games ever. It was in 1974, I believe, where USC came back from a halftime score of 24-0 to beat Notre Dame 55-24. Anthony Davis was the tailback.

I think I've lost interest because of what the players are paid in addition to their attitude and free agency. I liked the old days when players would stay with the same team. As for college football I'm usually busy on Saturday beating Mizuno toting hacks like you.
    College football lost me big time. It used to be the 3 top bowls on New Year's Day. It was a holiday tradition, you had the day off and could expect all the ranking issues to be resolved and see the best games in a row. Now I could care less about college football, I don't even understand the bowls, and you can't believe if you've just watched a team win that they won't be stripped of the trophy a few years later... silly... alumni may still dig it... I can't stand it, they ruined it BIG TIME.

I don't think the NFL is that much better. All the commentators now say what a dynamic passing league the NFL is... it's a "quarterback" league... OH REALLY?

Because Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, and Troy Aikman NEVER PASSED THE BALL. Even Vinne Testaverde, Warren Moon, Boomer Esiason, and Bernie Kosar outshine any of the today's posers whose fans' delusions rate them as the best ever.

Gimme a break.... Pre-Salary Cap NFL was 10 times better than the current league. It just lacked today's marketing and hi def. Give that era the marketing and the hi def and they would have the current NFL for breakfast....

Enjoy your parity and mediocrity.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS
    College football lost me big time. It used to be the 3 top bowls on New Year's Day. It was a holiday tradition, you had the day off and could expect all the ranking issues to be resolved and see the best games in a row. Now I could care less about college football, I don't even understand the bowls, and you can't believe if you've just watched a team win that they won't be stripped of the trophy a few years later... silly... alumni may still dig it... I can't stand it, they ruined it BIG TIME.

I don't think the NFL is that much better. All the commentators now say what a dynamic passing league the NFL is... it's a "quarterback" league... OH REALLY?

Because Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, and Troy Aikman NEVER PASSED THE BALL. Even Vinne Testaverde, Warren Moon, Boomer Esiason, and Bernie Kosar outshine any of the today's posers whose fans' delusions rate them as the best ever.

Gimme a break.... Pre-Salary Cap NFL was 10 times better than the current league. It just lacked today's marketing and hi def. Give that era the marketing and the hi def and they would have the current NFL for breakfast....

Enjoy your parity and mediocrity.
    Exactly. It's next to impossible to guess what team will be at the top of a division before the season starts. Dynasties like Steelers, Cowboys and 49ers are now gone. I guess the Patriots are the only team that have really been a recent dynasty.

I also agree with having too many bowl games and just too much football all together. The pre-game shows with the big ex football guys joking around and talking about the various players is such an act of stupidity. First of all, pro jocks are not funny. They think they are, but they are not. Second, they say the same crap over and over and it really doesn't matter what player they are talking about.

A day with football is always better than a day without it. I don't complain about the number of bowl games.

Quite true.
    GR lives...

Quite true.
    Don't patronize him, you know you don't give a shite either . . . . .

Exactly. It's next to impossible to guess what team will be at the top of a division before the season starts. Dynasties like Steelers, Cowboys and 49ers are now gone. I guess the Patriots are the only team that have really been a recent dynasty.

I also agree with having too many bowl games and just too much football all together. The pre-game shows with the big ex football guys joking around and talking about the various players is such an act of stupidity. First of all, pro jocks are not funny. They think they are, but they are not. Second, they say the same crap over and over and it really doesn't matter what player they are talking about.
    So less then a quarter into a divisional playoff of 2 so-called defensive physical and elite teams in the Steelers/Ravens...

We have clueless players and coaches who don't understand the complicated concept of the whistle. And the only way both teams are advancing the ball is with pass interference penalties.

I rest my case... mediocre at best. Of course I'm watching for now, but I watch golf and that's pretty mediocre these days as well. :-)
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

I'm watching the game over here in Oz. It's been a pretty exciting game. The home fans really seem to be a huge plus for the Steelers. They look home at this stage.

I'm watching the game over here in Oz. It's been a pretty exciting game. The home fans really seem to be a huge plus for the Steelers. They look home at this stage.
    Home field advantage. Hard-fought game. Congratulations Steelers. My home team lost but I'm not a fan since I did not grow up here. I won my bet. I had mixed emotions because almost everyone in the area is a Ravens fan and 95% of my thousands of co-workers wore purple to work this past Friday at the behest of the Big Boss who is an elected official. Since my team was eliminated last week, I of course wore the Gary Player-- all black. I don't know which is worse-- everyone (except a few of us) all glum and depressed, or the same majority riding a wave of victorious euphoria. At least there is a Monday reprieve-- a National Holiday-- thanks to James Earl Ray and his band of drooges. My other bets are the Packers, Sea Hawks and Patriots. My prediction of no animal-named teams playing in the Super Bowl is looking better now that one species of bird is extinct.

Home field advantage. Hard-fought game. Congratulations Steelers. My home team lost but I'm not a fan since I did not grow up here. I won my bet. I had mixed emotions because almost everyone in the area is a Ravens fan and 95% of my thousands of co-workers wore purple to work this past Friday at the behest of the Big Boss who is an elected official. Since my team was eliminated last week, I of course wore the Gary Player-- all black. I don't know which is worse-- everyone (except a few of us) all glum and depressed, or the same majority riding a wave of victorious euphoria. At least there is a Monday reprieve-- a National Holiday-- thanks to James Earl Ray and his band of drooges. My other bets are the Packers, Sea Hawks and Patriots. My prediction of no animal-named teams playing in the Super Bowl is looking better now that one species of bird is extinct.
    Are you an Eagles fan? I hope you got some points taking the Seahawks. Like 17. Actually, the Bears are overrated. I would thake the seachickens and 14 points.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

While Flacco would probably have figured out how to lose anyways, the officials stole the game from the Ravens and gave it to the Steelers.
    GR lives...

While Flacco would probably have figured out how to lose anyways, the officials stole the game from the Ravens and gave it to the Steelers.
    That defensive holding call was pushing it. The first half calls seemed to go to Baltimore.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW

That defensive holding call was pushing it. The first half calls seemed to go to Baltimore.
    Well, there was nothing on the touchdown takeaway call and the goal line calls at the end, or lack thereof, decid
    GR lives...

I'm a heathen and not familiar with the subtleties of the rules. Please elaborate.

Are you an Eagles fan? I hope you got some points taking the Seahawks. Like 17. Actually, the Bears are overrated. I would thake the seachickens and 14 points.
    I am a life-long Eagles fan regardless of who owns the team, who the quarterbacks are and what their current record is. Through thick and thin. I had my money on the Seahawks to do the Saints and they did. I have already kissed my money on the Seahawks in today's game goodbye but the game should provide adequate entertainment. My bets are always straight-up so chances are slimmer than Anthony Kim winning a tournament in 2011.

The Ravens beat themselves despite the Steelers' best efforts to give them the game. Two of the Raven's vaunted panacea WR acquisitions dropped very catchable balls late in the game. Wasn't Flacco's fault. But Flacco did appear to suffer a severe case of short-route tunnel vision and it was not the first time in his career that this surfaced.

Thread Information