|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Influenza and Golf

This past week the flu numbers exploded here in California. This just isn't right. Things like the flu are supposed to infect cold s.hitty places, not Southern California.

Can't remember the last time I was sick but I've been down for the count since Super Bowl Sunday. Big fever is now gone as is the upchucking, but it's like I was run over by a truck. I am lucky that someone was kind enough to make me some home cooked chicken soup with Asian mushrooms.

I'm so bored, I'm watching a replay of the Super Bowl. James Jones is even worse the second time.

Anyone else a flu victim? If it hits you, look out. You won't be able to play golf or even practice if you get this.
    GR lives...

did you take a flu shot?

No, I was caught off-guard by my near exemplary record of not getting sick and NAH's warnings about what's in the vaccine.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    No, I was caught off-guard by my near exemplary record of not getting sick and NAH's warnings about what's in the vaccine.
    I am told by the head nurse of my company that taking a flu shot does not mean we don't get a flu, it just means the flu is not as severe when we got it... I 've taken the flu shot in the past 10 yrs because it's free for employees and spouses... One thing that I don't know is that why it's recommended for 6-month baby as well...
    Well, get well soon

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    I am told by the head nurse of my company that taking a flu shot does not mean we don't get a flu, it just means the flu is not as severe when we got it... I 've taken the flu shot in the past 10 yrs because it's free for employees and spouses... One thing that I don't know is that why it's recommended for 6-month baby as well...
    Well, get well soon
    It's also a guess as to which strain(s) show up based on late activity the season before. You SH guys don't have to worry at least for now.

Flu Rates
    GR lives...

This past week the flu numbers exploded here in California. This just isn't right. Things like the flu are supposed to infect cold s.hitty places, not Southern California.

Can't remember the last time I was sick but I've been down for the count since Super Bowl Sunday. Big fever is now gone as is the upchucking, but it's like I was run over by a truck. I am lucky that someone was kind enough to make me some home cooked chicken soup with Asian mushrooms.

I'm so bored, I'm watching a replay of the Super Bowl. James Jones is even worse the second time.

Anyone else a flu victim? If it hits you, look out. You won't be able to play golf or even practice if you get this.
    Quit complaining you big baby! Go out there and hit some balls for crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Quit complaining you big baby! Go out there and hit some balls for crying out loud!
    Yeah, huh. I'll look at the bright side. While channel surfing I've learned all kinds of things. Did you know Hersheys produces 80,000,000 Hersheys kisses a day?

I guess it takes alot of chocolate to feed all the fat asses in this country.
    GR lives...

Man.... I can't wait but it still has snow on the ground although it's slowly melting... By the end of this month I hope to be able to go to a local range again

Yeah, huh. I'll look at the bright side. While channel surfing I've learned all kinds of things. Did you know Hersheys produces 80,000,000 Hersheys kisses a day?

I guess it takes alot of chocolate to feed all the fat asses in this country.
    Have U been to Hersheys? it has a decent free tour of how it makes chocolate kisses... Take your "baby" with you there when U have a chance, it has a Hersheys Amusement Park right next to it.... or you could stay at the Hesheys hotel and play golf on the Hersey West course, which was used for LPGA tourney 15 yrs ago

Have U been to Hersheys? it has a decent free tour of how it makes chocolate kisses... Take your "baby" with you there when U have a chance, it has a Hersheys Amusement Park right next to it.... or you could stay at the Hesheys hotel and play golf on the Hersey West course, which was used for LPGA tourney 15 yrs ago
    I think a Hershey's kiss is the best tasting chocolate there is. The dark chocolate version.

I think a Hershey's kiss is the best tasting chocolate there is. The dark chocolate version.
    I haven't been to Hershey's but drove near it on an interstate and could smell the chocolate.

Dark chocolate is higher in cocoa and lower in sugar. It's just better. Just some of what I'm learning this morning.
    GR lives...

I haven't been to Hershey's but drove near it on an interstate and could smell the chocolate.

Dark chocolate is higher in cocoa and lower in sugar. It's just better. Just some of what I'm learning this morning.
    Are you watching that show "How it's Made"? I was at the gym and on tv they showed how tasty cakes were made as well as some kind of other chocolate company that made chocolate chips, etc. Fascinating stuff.

I honestly don't understand how those assembly plants are put together and how they build the machines to do all of that stuff. Mechanical engineering is beyond my intelligence.

It's OK... not as good as Swiss chocolate which is MUCH finer in texture and better taste

Are you watching that show "How it's Made"? I was at the gym and on tv they showed how tasty cakes were made as well as some kind of other chocolate company that made chocolate chips, etc. Fascinating stuff.

I honestly don't understand how those assembly plants are put together and how they build the machines to do all of that stuff. Mechanical engineering is beyond my intelligence.
    FD.... Mech Eng is child stuffs... Goft is much harder

No I'm watching the Food Networks. Early in the day all the dishes are high in butter, fat, sugar and are often desserts. I suspect their morning market is comprised of people with eating disorders. Even the chefs get skinnier as the day goes on.
    GR lives...

It's OK... not as good as Swiss chocolate which is MUCH finer in texture and better taste
    Swiss chocolate is indeed delicious. I went to Switzerland when I was 14 and bought foot long bars of chocolate for a dollar each. Best chocolate I've ever had. It beat out Godiva, and those chocolate bars kids sell you for a dollar. I should have bought a piece of the more expensive just to compare.

Hershey's is kinda crap after you've had really good chocolate. It's like McDonalds food. Yeah it's good if you have an urge for a quick burger, but you're just disappointed afterwards.

We're just tougher in the Midwest. I probably wouldn't even realize it if I had the flu.
    No wonder your state is bankrupt. Bunch o' pusssies who shut it down with a little sniffle. Sack up and go play golf.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

It's also a guess as to which strain(s) show up based on late activity the season before. You SH guys don't have to worry at least for now.

Flu Rates
    I tried the vaccine once about 10 years ago and my experience is in line with what PKY said. I still got the flu but it was less severe. I haven't had a cold or flu for a couple of years, not even a sniffle. I think its the high volume of coffee and beer/wine I consume that keeps me healthy.

I'm with NAH re the vaccine. I got very ill a few years ago after taking some prescription medicine that was needlessly prescribed by my idiot of a GP. Nowadays I won't take anything unless it's absolutely necessary.

The worst thing about being ill is the boredom. Hope you get well soon Zo.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I recommend receiving blowjobs as much as possible to get you back on your feet. I always benefited a great deal more from a BJ than I ever did a bowl of chicken soup.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    I tried the vaccine once about 10 years ago and my experience is in line with what PKY said. I still got the flu but it was less severe. I haven't had a cold or flu for a couple of years, not even a sniffle. I think its the high volume of coffee and beer/wine I consume that keeps me healthy.

I'm with NAH re the vaccine. I got very ill a few years ago after taking some prescription medicine that was needlessly prescribed by my idiot of a GP. Nowadays I won't take anything unless it's absolutely necessary.

The worst thing about being ill is the boredom. Hope you get well soon Zo.
    No question. I hate to submit to any part of the medical infratructure. Today it's being reported a pregnant teen mom was prescribed an antibiotic but was given an anti-abortion drug by the local Safeway pharmacy.

HB, you might realize you have the flu when the vomit is dripping down your neck unless you're still in Kentucky in which case you may not.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I recommend receiving blowjobs as much as possible to get you back on your feet. I always benefited a great deal more from a BJ than I ever did a bowl of chicken soup.
    I have almost zero interest. She walked by me buff naked this morning and nothing. She said: "You must really be sick."
    GR lives...

I'm sure this has something to do with your engagement. I was too foolish to allow my engagement or even my first child to weaken my immune system, but the week before my 2nd child I caught the flu (for the first time since I was in preschool).
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    I'm sure this has something to do with your engagement. I was too foolish to allow my engagement or even my first child to weaken my immune system, but the week before my 2nd child I caught the flu (for the first time since I was in preschool).
    You may be onto something. I defintely feel stress over the whole thing.
    GR lives...

I have almost zero interest. She walked by me buff naked this morning and nothing. She said: "You must really be sick."
    I hate for that effort to go wasted. Can you send me a pic next time? Thanks in advance . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    Swiss chocolate is indeed delicious. I went to Switzerland when I was 14 and bought foot long bars of chocolate for a dollar each. Best chocolate I've ever had. It beat out Godiva, and those chocolate bars kids sell you for a dollar. I should have bought a piece of the more expensive just to compare.

Hershey's is kinda crap after you've had really good chocolate. It's like McDonalds food. Yeah it's good if you have an urge for a quick burger, but you're just disappointed afterwards.
    This product and all others like it is not actually true chocolate. It is called that, but it is extremely high in fat and sugar.Real chocolate is completely different in taste and texture. Much drier with a quite bitter astringent taste. You might even say real chocolate, and the enjoyment of it is an aquired taste.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

You know, I knew someone would start belching out crap about finer chocolate. Just because something is more expensive, has fancy wrapping and a cool sounding name doesn't mean that it's better. I've tried all kinds of chocolate out there and nothing tastes better to me than a hershey's dark chocolate kiss. I bet if you were to look closely at the expensive manufacturer's of chocolate you'd find that the cocoa beans and other ingredients they use are not different than Hershey.

I'm so tired of the wine snobs and guys that keep choking down foul tasting beer just to look cool. Pathetic.

I hate for that effort to go wasted. Can you send me a pic next time? Thanks in advance . . . .
    I had a harder time getting nude photos of her than in the past. They can always disquise/turn their face.
    GR lives...

You know, I knew someone would start belching out crap about finer chocolate. Just because something is more expensive, has fancy wrapping and a cool sounding name doesn't mean that it's better. I've tried all kinds of chocolate out there and nothing tastes better to me than a hershey's dark chocolate kiss. I bet if you were to look closely at the expensive manufacturer's of chocolate you'd find that the cocoa beans and other ingredients they use are not different than Hershey.

I'm so tired of the wine snobs and guys that keep choking down foul tasting beer just to look cool. Pathetic.
    I'm normally an incredible food snob, but I may agree here in the case of dark chocolate. When you get into the higher cocoa levels, it's mostly the processing that differs.
    GR lives...

Zo, if I somehow survive this week without getting the flu or bedbugs, it will be a minor miracle. Of course, that's every week in KY, but this week I'm in a $50/night Days Inn. It is beyond disgusting. Every remotely palatable hotel is booked in the sh!t town I'm working in.
    Once you get past the puking, being sick is largely a mind game. I try to do everything I normally would do and fake myself into getting better.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    I try to do everything I normally would do and fake myself into getting better.
    Of course you mean everything "fun" you would normally do. Chores, stress, and responsibility should be avoided at all costs when sick.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Zo, if I somehow survive this week without getting the flu or bedbugs, it will be a minor miracle. Of course, that's every week in KY, but this week I'm in a $50/night Days Inn. It is beyond disgusting. Every remotely palatable hotel is booked in the sh!t town I'm working in.
    Once you get past the puking, being sick is largely a mind game. I try to do everything I normally would do and fake myself into getting better.
    Did my share for the reason you are and to teach my son about modesty in lifestyle.

Since they wash the bedspreads once during their useful life, first thing is to put it outside.

Next, never, ever look under the bed. You don't need to see 6 month old fritos and corn curls mixed wtih hair and llint.

If there's a fabric headboard, sleep outside but not near the bedspread. Do not put anything in the drawers. That's where some people put spent condoms and wrappers.

Clean and disinfect the alarm clock.

Sniff the blanket real good. If it's pilled, dispose. If it isn't wash it immediately.

I think I read you're exposed to more bacteria in a low budget hotel room than licking the pocelain on a public toilet. Those people hanging out in the lobby were sleeping in your bed before you got there.
    GR lives...

Had any Kentucky patrons tell you you have a pretty mouth?

BJ is a good thing , it cures a lot of flu... or not

Had any Kentucky patrons tell you you have a pretty mouth?
    Not yet, but I joke with my client that they are out in Banjo Country.

Zo,
    I follow many of your guidelines for staying in a crappy hotel. I actually follow most of them for any hotel room. The bedspread and blanket are to be avoided at all costs.
    The part that is really disturbing is that there is mold in the shower. It not the mold, I've got it from time to time at home. It's the fact that it takes a couple of weeks for mold to be visible, so my shower hasn't been cleaned in 2 weeks.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

There is an upside to this flu Zo. What you've got sounds a lot like what I had about 2 years ago. I had a temperature for 10 days straight and lost 8 kilos in a week. Dropping 8 kg is good in itself but that's not the upside I speak of. The upside is that an accute illness like this will supercharge your immune system and you will feel on top of the world when you beat this. Since I had it 2 years ago I haven't even had a snuffle, and I commute on crowded trains an hour each way a day. I have also had a feeling of well being and health wich I didn't have before the flu.

As for the vaccination, don't listen to the nurses and depts of health who tell you it wil reduce the effects. Vaccination is a multi multi billion dollar industry so there is high level politics at play here, and it's more than concieveable that the sort of money the pharma cartels make from vaccines is enough to influence government policy. Apart from the fact that you don't want to reduce the effects as that will reduce the long term benefits, I have not seen any evidence that the effects are reduced aongst 'vaccinated' people. I am not an immunologist so I can't claim to know all there is to know about vaccination, but I have read enough stuff from enough highly credentialed doctors to have enough concerns to not take the risk. I've read that a 'vaccination' actually gives you a small dose of the disease it is supposedly protecting you from, but because it's a mild dose your immune system won't actually kill it, it will just suppress the virus for the rest of your life. When you get the real deal, your body will fight it and kill it, with the resulting super charging of the immune system. So what they theorise is that every time you get a shot your immune system will be drained suppressing the mini virus for the rest of your life, contiually weakeing the immune system. Something else to consider is that despite my research from both sides of the argument, I have not found a single piece of scientific evidence that supports the argument that vaccines actually do what the health 'professionals' claim they do. Add to all this the ingredients that you find in common 'vaccines' (mercury, aluminium, formaldehyde, diseased tissue of monkeys/cows/pigs/chickens, aborted fetal tissue etc etc). And all this crap by passes the other parts of your immune system (skin, mucous, saliva, stomach acid etc) and goes straight into your blood, which is the last line of defence not the first. There would be junkies shooting up cleaner stuff cut in with their smack than what a doctor shoots up your (and your baby's) arm.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 02-08-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Not yet, but I joke with my client that they are out in Banjo Country.

Zo,
    I follow many of your guidelines for staying in a crappy hotel. I actually follow most of them for any hotel room. The bedspread and blanket are to be avoided at all costs.
    The part that is really disturbing is that there is mold in the shower. It not the mold, I've got it from time to time at home. It's the fact that it takes a couple of weeks for mold to be visible, so my shower hasn't been cleaned in 2 weeks.
    In many parts of the world, 2 weeks means freshly cleaned. Examples, outside of major hotel chains, include Mexico, Central America, much of Southern Europe, Salt Lake City, El Paso and West Covina.

You're right not to fear mold itself. It's an issue manufactured by the environmental consultant industry which needs products like any other. For a while, asbestos and emf (power lines) kept food on the table. With those largely debugged, they turned to mold and lead in water.

It's similar to rats eating grain. Farmers just accept a certain amount will go to the rats. It was part of my business. From time to time I had to feed the rats.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    There is an upside to this flu Zo. What you've got sounds a lot like what I had about 2 years ago. I had a temperature for 10 days straight and lost 8 kilos in a week. Dropping 8 kg is good in itself but that's not the upside I speak of. The upside is that an accute illness like this will supercharge your immune system and you will feel on top of the world when you beat this. Since I had it 2 years ago I haven't even had a snuffle, and I commute on crowded trains an hour each way a day. I have also had a feeling of well being and health wich I didn't have before the flu.

As for the vaccination, don't listen to the nurses and depts of health who tell you it wil reduce the effects. Vaccination is a multi multi billion dollar industry so there is high level politics at play here, and it's more than concieveable that the sort of money the pharma cartels make from vaccines is enough to influence government policy. Apart from the fact that you don't want to reduce the effects as that will reduce the long term benefits, I have not seen any evidence that the effects are reduced aongst 'vaccinated' people. I am not an immunologist so I can't claim to know all there is to know about vaccination, but I have read enough stuff from enough highly credentialed doctors to have enough concerns to not take the risk. I've read that a 'vaccination' actually gives you a small dose of the disease it is supposedly protecting you from, but because it's a mild dose your immune system won't actually kill it, it will just suppress the virus for the rest of your life. When you get the real deal, your body will fight it and kill it, with the resulting super charging of the immune system. So what they theorise is that every time you get a shot your immune system will be drained suppressing the mini virus for the rest of your life, contiually weakeing the immune system. Something else to consider is that despite my research from both sides of the argument, I have not found a single piece of scientific evidence that supports the argument that vaccines actually do what the health 'professionals' claim they do. Add to all this the ingredients that you find in common 'vaccines' (mercury, aluminium, formaldehyde, diseased tissue of monkeys/cows/pigs/chickens, aborted fetal tissue etc etc). And all this crap by passes the other parts of your immune system (skin, mucous, saliva, stomach acid etc) and goes straight into your blood, which is the last line of defence not the first. There would be junkies shooting up cleaner stuff cut in with their smack than what a doctor shoots up your (and your baby's) arm.
    I have MD family members whose consensus is contracting periodic viruses and bacteria does strengthen the immune system both directly and indirectly, better preparing the body for aging when you can use all the immunity you can get. They also acknowledge frustration that their treatment follows the money which is the drug companies who have almost no investment in prevention, only treatment. And the culture within drug companies has selected for callous, uncaring people who fudge data and distort trials.

Nice, huh?
    GR lives...

I have MD family members whose consensus is contracting periodic viruses and bacteria does strengthen the immune system both directly and indirectly, better preparing the body for aging when you can use all the immunity you can get. They also acknowledge frustration that their treatment follows the money which is the drug companies who have almost no investment in prevention, only treatment. And the culture within drug companies has selected for callous, uncaring people who fudge data and distort trials.

Nice, huh?
    The really cynical (not quit me) conspiracy theorists out there think that vaccinations are part of the plan to weaken the immune system, and that old age is the big payoff, as you need countless drugs to treat all the ailments that come with a destroyed immune system. If one of the research scientists actually did come up with a legitimate vaccine that really did prevent disease, or a real cure for cancer or other illness, you can bet the pharmaceutical companies would bury it so deep it would never see the light of day. It would be like oil companies buying alternative fuel patents and locking them away. As you said they are in the business of making money from sick people. Healthy people aren't good cash cows.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Glad I could be the troll that started it

I agree, just cause it's more expensive doesn't mean it's going to taste any better. But being that I spent a dollar on it (30% more than a Hershey's bar, so I guess it was considerably more expensive) and it was better, I was ok with their cheap stuff being better than our cheap American stuff. Curiousity had me wondering if their 8 or 9 dollar stuff would have been better.

On another note.. Not a fan of dark chocolate. Won't turn it down, but it's not my go-to. Maybe I haven't had good dark chocolate?

Glad I could be the troll that started it

I agree, just cause it's more expensive doesn't mean it's going to taste any better. But being that I spent a dollar on it (30% more than a Hershey's bar, so I guess it was considerably more expensive) and it was better, I was ok with their cheap stuff being better than our cheap American stuff. Curiousity had me wondering if their 8 or 9 dollar stuff would have been better.

On another note.. Not a fan of dark chocolate. Won't turn it down, but it's not my go-to. Maybe I haven't had good dark chocolate?
    Another great piece of chocolate is the Sees Candy dark chocolate. I don't like Gharadelli chocolate. I know I spelled that wrong.

Another great piece of chocolate is the Sees Candy dark chocolate. I don't like Gharadelli chocolate. I know I spelled that wrong.
    Ghirardelli is exactly what I had. It was just sitting there and I grabbed what was the dark chocolate and did not enjoy. Even their milk chocolate is just ok.

I like dark chocolate. We have the chocolate available around here that starts at 60% cocoa and goes up to 85% cocoa. The higher you go up in cocoa, the more bitter the chocolate tastes. Of course, the higher you go up in percentage the better the health benefits are for you.

I like the 60% cocoa product -- not to sweet, but not too bitter.

I like dark chocolate. We have the chocolate available around here that starts at 60% cocoa and goes up to 85% cocoa. The higher you go up in cocoa, the more bitter the chocolate tastes. Of course, the higher you go up in percentage the better the health benefits are for you.

^^^^
    You must feel strongly about this.

I'm now incapable of moving for the third straight day and it's making me a total b.itch. At least in the hospital I could look forward to visits. I could experience the exhilaration of seeing who came to visit me at the same time. I could torture Nurse Wanda whenever I got bored. I could wait for the uber-hot night nurse and fantasize fondling her as she begged for more.

Here it's just me, I'm quarantined. I wouldn't visit anyone that had this either. The other comes over, drops off food downstairs, yells hello and leaves.
    GR lives...

^^^^
    You must feel strongly about this.

I'm now incapable of moving for the third straight day and it's making me a total b.itch. At least in the hospital I could look forward to visits. I could experience the exhilaration of seeing who came to visit me at the same time. I could torture Nurse Wanda whenever I got bored. I could wait for the uber-hot night nurse and fantasize fondling her as she begged for more.

Here it's just me, I'm quarantined. I wouldn't visit anyone that had this either. The other comes over, drops off food downstairs, yells hello and leaves.

This stuff always helps my wife whenever she is a total bi.tch. You're welcome to try any of it if it would help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This stuff always helps my wife whenever she is a total bi.tch. You're welcome to try any of it if it would help.
    The Midol looks like Equal. It's probably the same thing.
    GR lives...

Has noone else around here contracted influenza whether while playing golf, or otherwise? This was supposed to be a place for sharing information and moral support. So far it seems like my only option is to watch TV. Here's what I've learned so far today.

1. Lindsay Lohan was arraigned today for stealing something. This prompted a huge horde of reporters and hours of live TV coverage. Normally watching this would be beneath me but she looked hot in a tight knit white dress and those pouty lips.

2. Obama has stopped smoking with the help of his family.

3. My fiance is really living it up with her friends while I'm down. Tonight it's more shopping and dinner.

4. 80 Million Hershey kisses a day. Actually that's from yesterday but thought it belonged on this list.

5. KCAL 9 has hot women anchors and is doing a very revealing series on curbing out of control shopping.

6. Some kid was arrested today in LA for pointing a laser at a plane and then at a police helicopter.

7. I'm briefly able to see into Alan's mind and it's unsettling.

8. Nobody will fight harder for you than Larry H. Parker.

9. There may be a time when air travelers won't have to put personal liquids in a ziploc bag/

That's about it. Again, if you're sick jump right into the discussion here.
    GR lives...

I'm sorry, Lo, I feel for you, dude. I hope you get well soon, really I do . . . . . . . . for all our sake.

I'm sorry, Lo, I feel for you, dude. I hope you get well soon, really I do . . . . . . . . for all our sake.
    With your recent record of posts I wouldn't have chimed in if I were you. Besides, I created this thread for those of us who are ill with influenza.

Create your own thread, maybe on how much you love your Mizunos.
    GR lives...

With you on this one. As a vegan, I only eat dark chocolate, and I've found 60% is the perfect balance between sweetness and bitterness.

With you on this one. As a vegan, I only eat dark chocolate, and I've found 60% is the perfect balance between sweetness and bitterness.
    Does regular chocolate have animal in it?
    GR lives...

Milk fat in Dairy Milk chocolate which just happens to be my favourite. I know it's not healthy but Dark chocolate doesn't really cut it for me.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I trust that you could tell the difference between XO and cheap cognac

Milk fat in Dairy Milk chocolate which just happens to be my favourite. I know it's not healthy but Dark chocolate doesn't really cut it for me.
    Dark chocoloate is a bit of an aquired taste, but if you get the good stuff that isn't too high in cocoa (60%) you will find it very enjoyable.

Regular (milk) chocolate has dairy products in it, as does most dark chocolates. When I say dark chocolate I'm talking about the good stuff Sooner spoke of. The expensive dark chocolates with 60% plus cocoa usually don't have dairy products, but still may.My favourite chocolates are from Belgium, Belgian chocolateers know how to make good chocolate. There are also plenty of non dairy vegan alternatives to chocolate, like Sweet William, but those soy chocolates are puke IMO. They tatse artificial and too sweet with no richness. I know heaps of vegans who bang on about Sweet William, but personally I don't eat things just because they're vegan, they have to taste good too.

Dark chocoloate is a bit of an aquired taste, but if you get the good stuff that isn't too high in cocoa (60%) you will find it very enjoyable.
    Holy crap NAH I just noticed you have recently cracked the 9k mark. Congratulations!

To think I was once trying to keep up with you and now languish on a lowly 6.5k posts. I should have known it was never realistic to keep up let alone catch you. Even Mr Natural couldn't help!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Holy crap NAH I just noticed you have recently cracked the 9k mark. Congratulations!

To think I was once trying to keep up with you and now languish on a lowly 6.5k posts. I should have known it was never realistic to keep up let alone catch you. Even Mr Natural couldn't help!
    It's not something I set out ot do, it sort of just happened. Keep on eye on FD though, he hasn't been posting here long and has nearly cracked the 5,000. He will one day overtake me and be the most prolific GR poster. DM seems to have dropped off the pace lately. Must be all the crap he is taking about his $600 wedges. He's thinking he can go away for a while anbd we will forget about it, but that's very wishful thinking.

Regular (milk) chocolate has dairy products in it, as does most dark chocolates. When I say dark chocolate I'm talking about the good stuff Sooner spoke of. The expensive dark chocolates with 60% plus cocoa usually don't have dairy products, but still may.My favourite chocolates are from Belgium, Belgian chocolateers know how to make good chocolate. There are also plenty of non dairy vegan alternatives to chocolate, like Sweet William, but those soy chocolates are puke IMO. They tatse artificial and too sweet with no richness. I know heaps of vegans who bang on about Sweet William, but personally I don't eat things just because they're vegan, they have to taste good too.
    I thought Sweet William was an alternative to heterosexuality. I still haven't come across anything with soy worth consuming.
    GR lives...

I thought Sweet William was an alternative to heterosexuality. I still haven't come across anything with soy worth consuming.
    You'd probably be very surprised what you already consume with soy in it. Soy is a very cheap and easy crop to produce which makes for a cheap filler, so soy or soy based products are used in loads of processed foods, probably nearly all. I don't know for sure but I'd imagine that soy is present in milk chocolate. It's certainly in stuff like breads, biscuits and the like. I'd even bet that most sausage rolls and chicken nuggets would have more soy than meat.

You'd probably be very surprised what you already consume with soy in it. Soy is a very cheap and easy crop to produce which makes for a cheap filler, so soy or soy based products are used in loads of processed foods, probably nearly all. I don't know for sure but I'd imagine that soy is present in milk chocolate. It's certainly in stuff like breads, biscuits and the like. I'd even bet that most sausage rolls and chicken nuggets would have more soy than meat.
    I know, and in just about any case where there's a soy free alternative, it's better. Both soy and gluten have invaded the processed food supply, particularly as artificial, chemical ingredients have been replaced. I can only imagine the problems that might associate with over-consumption of soy, but in the case of gluten it's been shown as a destroyer of the lower intestine so far.

I avoid processed foods as much as I can, but of course unless you grow your own there's always something in it.
    GR lives...

I know, and in just about any case where there's a soy free alternative, it's better. Both soy and gluten have invaded the processed food supply, particularly as artificial, chemical ingredients have been replaced. I can only imagine the problems that might associate with over-consumption of soy, but in the case of gluten it's been shown as a destroyer of the lower intestine so far.

I avoid processed foods as much as I can, but of course unless you grow your own there's always something in it.
    Soy has been around for a long time and there aren't too many problems with it. A NZ dairy sponsored study a few years ago said that soy had estorgen which would change buys int girls, but no legit study has backed that up, it was debunked as factless dairy industry scare mongering to try to knock out a potential threat to their bottom line.

Soy has been around for a long time and there aren't too many problems with it. A NZ dairy sponsored study a few years ago said that soy had estorgen which would change buys int girls, but no legit study has backed that up, it was debunked as factless dairy industry scare mongering to try to knock out a potential threat to their bottom line.
    There's a growing school of thought within Oncology that almost any single substance consumed greatly out of proportion with human past promotes cancer. Soy is on their list of concern. The relationship between wheat components (i.e. gluten) and cancer has already been established.
    GR lives...

There's a growing school of thought within Oncology that almost any single substance consumed greatly out of proportion with human past promotes cancer. Soy is on their list of concern. The relationship between wheat components (i.e. gluten) and cancer has already been established.
    Totally agree with all this. A friend who has just had cancer, been through surgery, chemo etc has been sworn off gluten and soy for life.

Makes you wonder if we all should?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Totally agree with all this. A friend who has just had cancer, been through surgery, chemo etc has been sworn off gluten and soy for life.

My gluten consumption is down to pasta every week or two and that's it. But at least in this country it's unbelievable how many foods have it. And it's virulence has been established in cases where there's only a trace from proceesing in a plant that uses it in other products. So eliminating it simply means doing the cooking with basic ingredients.

Soy's easier to avoid, unless you're NAH.
    GR lives...

If any of you obviously healthier than me people do come down with the flu, the movie In The Loop is easily the best thing that's been on the telly in 3 days. Like The Office only at a much higher level and contrasting American and British politician/bureaucrats, making it particularly relevant to GR and required for anyone playing with Pottsy on the 22d..
    GR lives...

I think a balanced diet with a little of everything and not too much of anything is the way to go. Provided the stuff you eat is actually good for you.

Pretty much everything has been proven by some entity or other to be harmful to humans if consumed. If you choose what you eat based on the criteria of what has been proven does and doesn't cause you harm if you eat it, you'll likely starve to death by Monday. Nobody lives forever, and trying to won't make it so. Life is to be enjoyed... no matter what you do it will still always be finite. I'd rather live 65 or 70 years of awesome than 100 years of pure suckage.

Longevity is overrated. My old man survived beyond 55 because of medical advances in coronary bypass surgery. He had his 74th birthday last month and now enjoys not remembering hardly anything about that day thanks to Alzheimer's. My mother has survived 5 bouts with cancer (including a double mastectomy) just so she could have the privilege of babysitting an old man who can't even remember if he ate supper two hours after the fact. Sounds like bliss, I know.

I hope I'm dead before I succumb to old age.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Got a new load of hemp, did you?
    GR lives...

Got a new load of hemp, did you?

Oh, it's much better than that.

Go back to your California schwag. I gots the good stuff.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Tell me about ut. I eat heaps of bananas cause they are so good for you, right? Had a regular blood test the other week and found my potassium levels too high, so no banananas for the time being. They don't tell you this shitt on the brochure.

Has noone else around here contracted influenza whether while playing golf, or otherwise? This was supposed to be a place for sharing information and moral support. So far it seems like my only option is to watch TV. Here's what I've learned so far today.

1. Lindsay Lohan was arraigned today for stealing something. This prompted a huge horde of reporters and hours of live TV coverage. Normally watching this would be beneath me but she looked hot in a tight knit white dress and those pouty lips.

2. Obama has stopped smoking with the help of his family.

3. My fiance is really living it up with her friends while I'm down. Tonight it's more shopping and dinner.

4. 80 Million Hershey kisses a day. Actually that's from yesterday but thought it belonged on this list.

5. KCAL 9 has hot women anchors and is doing a very revealing series on curbing out of control shopping.

6. Some kid was arrested today in LA for pointing a laser at a plane and then at a police helicopter.

7. I'm briefly able to see into Alan's mind and it's unsettling.

8. Nobody will fight harder for you than Larry H. Parker.

9. There may be a time when air travelers won't have to put personal liquids in a ziploc bag/

That's about it. Again, if you're sick jump right into the discussion here.
    Lindsay Lohan was arraigned today for stealing something. This prompted a huge horde of reporters and hours of live TV coverage. Normally watching this would be beneath me but she looked hot in a tight knit white dress and those pouty lips.
    Yes I watched her on TV last night and wondered how many guys (and girls) in the court room would love to screw her, including the judge... I think it would be wild to screw that hot chick

Lindsay Lohan was arraigned today for stealing something. This prompted a huge horde of reporters and hours of live TV coverage. Normally watching this would be beneath me but she looked hot in a tight knit white dress and those pouty lips.
    Yes I watched her on TV last night and wondered how many guys (and girls) in the court room would love to screw her, including the judge... I think it would be wild to screw that hot chick
    It's true, the wild ones can be so much damn fun it can get addictive. At the very least they need a wild side as long as it's balanced with some practicality and the wildness should be innate, not as a result of being spoiled. LL seems more spoiled than anything.
    GR lives...

It's true, the wild ones can be so much damn fun it can get addictive. At the very least they need a wild side as long as it's balanced with some practicality and the wildness should be innate, not as a result of being spoiled. LL seems more spoiled than anything.
    I never care for the so-called celebrity because they think they deserve what they have and they are above us all... IMO, most of them are just "junks of society"... although a psychiatrist would look at them as "addictive, need help, lost child, etc...". Yes, there are some truths to that, but if they "step on the same shììtttt over and over again" then I should not feel sorry for them

This is for U, Zo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LH.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	2607  

This is for U, Zo
    Now that's how a white girl should look, heading to her arraignment. Not all of them know how to dress for that. Of course, alot of them don't look quite so good in a tight white dress.
    GR lives...

Now that's how a white girl should look, heading to her arraignment. Not all of them know how to dress for that. Of course, alot of them don't look quite so good in a tight white dress.
    She must be hoping to get a male judge in that dress. If she does she gets off lightly. A female judge ... not so likely.

Now where the f#ck am I?

She must be hoping to get a male judge in that dress. If she does she gets off lightly. A female judge ... not so likely.
    You need to be a fifteen year old boy dressed like that to get a favourable decision from a male judge. Girls just don't cut it with the male members of the judiciary.

You need to be a fifteen year old boy dressed like that to get a favourable decision from a male judge. Girls just don't cut it with the male members of the judiciary.
    Are you getting your Catholic Priests mixed up with judges?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Me thinks he is . . . . . . .

Don't know about the rest of the world, but over here Judges are in the same basket as Catholic Priests and Scout Leaders. At least that's the perception. There have been instances of a former Judge caught in compromising positions in public toilets, so there is some truth behind it. When I worked as a cop in Canberra there was a Judge/Magistrate known for being fond of young men. I think the only difference is that Judges know that it's wrong and there are only a couple of bad apples in an otherwise good barrell, where Catholic Priests seem to see it as some sort of entitlement, a perk of the job.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 02-10-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature
    Oh, it's much better than that.

Go back to your California schwag. I gots the good stuff.

FON
    Did you get it form a negro?

Did you get it form a negro?
    Nice.

I've lived in So.Cal...

and while the countryside is quite gorgeous it's people are the rudest, shallowest knuckle draggers east of the Mississippi. So it's poetic justice when the flu hits your area. Too bad the mouthy ones don't have their internet connection effected as well.

Congratulations, Zo. I could have sworn California was west of the Mississippi. What do I know?
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by fred3
    and while the countryside is quite gorgeous it's people are the rudest, shallowest knuckle draggers east of the Mississippi. So it's poetic justice when the flu hits your area. Too bad the mouthy ones don't have their internet connection effected as well.
    You can now die a happy man Zo. Finally, you were being the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    Congratulations, Zo. I could have sworn California was west of the Mississippi. What do I know?
    Thanks, gents. fred3's posts often require a little interpretation. They're similar to an ancient language that lacks modern reference.

First, he seems really pissed, proving an assault can provoke a response. You just have to really lay it on him. Second, he doesn't really go away after his venomous posts, he just hides behind a bush. Third, he not only thinks people on the east coast are rude and shallow, but that people from the west coast descend when on the east coast. This only proves he's on the east coast. Fourth, he doesn't know the difference between affect and effect.

Love ya, fred3, if I could heal your pain I would. In a heterosexual way of course.
    GR lives...

he doesn't know the difference between affect and effect.
    He was referring to the Internet, so e-ffected would have been acceptable. (i-ffected for Apple users.)
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    He was referring to the Internet, so e-ffected would have been acceptable. (i-ffected for Apple users.)
    Touche, as usual.
    GR lives...

Touche, as usual.
    Lorenzo.... have this pair of tits then your flu will go away
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks, gents. fred3's posts often require a little interpretation. They're similar to an ancient language that lacks modern reference.

First, he seems really pissed, proving an assault can provoke a response. You just have to really lay it on him. Second, he doesn't really go away after his venomous posts, he just hides behind a bush. Third, he not only thinks people on the east coast are rude and shallow, but that people from the west coast descend when on the east coast. This only proves he's on the east coast. Fourth, he doesn't know the difference between affect and effect.

Love ya, fred3, if I could heal your pain I would. In a heterosexual way of course.
    It had to make being sick and laid up all week worth it . . . . . . . . . in a "sick" sort of way.

Well done Zo but I must temper my congrats a little as it seems Fred3 beatdowns are becoming a dime a dozen lately.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Well done Zo but I must temper my congrats a little as it seems Fred3 beatdowns are becoming a dime a dozen lately.
    I went through the same thing back when I had to convert Euros to Lira.

SBS, fred3 makes you feel sick, he doesn't make it worth being sick.
    GR lives...

Thread Information