|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

WITB? KiwiPlayer and OldPlayer, pre-match vid

This is unprocessed... might look funny because the frame rate of video is different on camcorders down under, and I need to stretch it a bit to get dimensions back to normal... I can fix it all in the big production, but right off the stick, here is the WITB segment with KiwiPlayer and OldPlayer.

The video will improve, but the dialogue is of the highest GR standard. Listen carefully, boys, several times, and study well.. we have been schooled in the art of GR vid dialogue here....

G'day all the boys on GR! from Dave Perkins on Vimeo.

seriously, great job boys, GR has much to look forward to.. love that Sonartec 14*.... "for good players".. heh..

and lest you've forgotten that great GFF moment in a pig pooped Oklahoma pasture, to which KP obliquely refers with his toothy attempt at a southwestern Yank accent :-)

Ecstasy with every swing, GFF original from Dave Perkins on Vimeo.

Last edited by daveperkins; 02-08-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Old Player, what in the tall white socks is going on here?
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

That's about how I pictured Kiwi but not OP. I thought OP would be, well, old.

Like the houndstooth shorts but full length white socks? Is that the style down there?

Nice presentation OP.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    This is unprocessed... might look funny because the frame rate of video is different on camcorders down under, and I need to stretch it a bit to get dimensions back to normal... I can fix it all in the big production, but right off the stick, here is the WITB segment with KiwiPlayer and OldPlayer.

The video will improve, but the dialogue is of the highest GR standard. Listen carefully, boys, several times, and study well.. we have been schooled in the art of GR vid dialogue here....

seriously, great job boys, GR has much to look forward to.. love that Sonartec 14*.... "for good players".. heh..
    Very cool! Wow, hearing these guys talk makes it hit home that GR it truely international. I like the idea of a "what's in the bag" segment prior to every future GR match. I do have one question for OldPlayer....why do you call yourself Oldplayer? You look like you're 50.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc

Like the houndstooth shorts but full length white socks? Is that the style down there?

Nice presentation OP.
    Yeah Kiwi looks just how I imagined him too...he even dresses like Michael Campbell.

My only hope for OP is that those are kevlar socks designed to protect against rattlesnake and crocodile bites.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Very cool! Wow, hearing these guys talk makes it hit home that GR it truely international. I like the idea of a "what's in the bag" segment prior to every future GR match. I do have one question for OldPlayer....why do you call yourself Oldplayer? You look like you're 50.
    I vote WITB is now mandatory.

and I'm changing my nick to OlderPlayer. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I vote WITB is now mandatory.

and I'm changing my nick to OlderPlayer. :-)
    Stop posting and edit.
    GR lives...

Is there another accent better than Aussie and Kiwi in the whole entire International world? I think not. I loved the first installment so well that I watched it three times.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

[QUOTE=daveperkins]This is unprocessed... might look funny because the frame rate of video is different on camcorders down under, and I need to stretch it a bit to get dimensions back to normal... I can fix it all in the big production, but right off the stick, here is the WITB segment with KiwiPlayer and OldPlayer.

and lest you've forgotten that great GFF moment in a pig pooped Oklahoma pasture, to which KP obliquely refers with his toothy attempt at a southwestern Yank accent :-)

[/QUOT

Seriously cool guys well done! No camera shyness there :-)

Nice presentation OP.
    My thoughts entirely. Kiwi was pretty much as I imagined, but not OP. I always got the impression OP was older and more refined (collecting the clubs and all), but I'm happy to see he's a good styled, old fashioned Aussie knock about with a true blue accent.

OP, have you been a police officer in your previous work life?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

OP... you had no reason to worry about that odd file type in the first folder.. :-) a friend shoots with that same camcorder and I happened to have the exact converter software, only took about two minutes to convert the entire folder... only thing is, they come out slightly distorted as you see.. a final grand production is necessary to stretch these horizontally to get them to normalize, to join the two file types and make them look the same.. but then, you always knew I'd be doing one of those.. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Great start to the match. Do we need a binding GR poll to make the WITB mandatory? I'm just giddy with excitement to see the rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

OP... you had no reason to worry about that odd file type in the first folder.. :-) a friend shoots with that same camcorder and I happened to have the exact converter software, only took about two minutes to convert the entire folder... only thing is, they come out slightly distorted as you see.. a final grand production is necessary to stretch these horizontally to get them to normalize, to join the two file types and make them look the same.. but then, you always knew I'd be doing one of those.. :-)
    Thanks Dave. I knew you were the man for the job! Thanks boys for the positive comments. Dave has got his work cut out for him as there is a heap of footage, but with his editing skill I'm sure he can make the rest somewhat presentable.
    For all those fashion hounds, I've always worn socks like that and haven't felt the need to change. And you're right, I'm not ancient (like some on here with a name that rhymes with harry) but i am well and truely on the wrong side of fifty.
    NAH I have never been in the force but have always been a working man (chippy) so I certainly don't harbour any delusions of granduer.
    Hope the video of the match lives up to the hype, all I can say is Kiwi and I certainly had a great day, although it must be said neither of us played our best. Must have been the pressure of a big GR matchplay event.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Thanks Dave. I knew you were the man for the job! Thanks boys for the positive comments. Dave has got his work cut out for him as there is a heap of footage, but with his editing skill I'm sure he can make the rest somewhat presentable.
    For all those fashion hounds, I've always worn socks like that and haven't felt the need to change. And you're right, I'm not ancient (like some on here with a name that rhymes with harry) but i am well and truely on the wrong side of fifty.
    NAH I have never been in the force but have always been a working man (chippy) so I certainly don't harbour any delusions of granduer.Hope the video of the match lives up to the hype, all I can say is Kiwi and I certainly had a great day, although it must be said neither of us played our best. Must have been the pressure of a big GR matchplay event.
    Tradey probably would have been my next guess, or maybe armed forces. You've got a drill sergaents voice, sort of booming. I've known a few watch house sergaents over the years who sound a lot like you too.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Tradey probably would have been my next guess, or maybe armed forces. You've got a drill sergaents voice, sort of booming. I've known a few watch house sergaents over the years who sound a lot like you too.
    Funny, my wife and son say the same thing.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

OP , i think you need to change your avatar. Just doesn't do you justice. Looking forward to the rest of the video. And after seeing Kiwi i think i have to toss a coin and either stop drinking beer or start calling big Dave my best buddy!!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

What's with the Fruit Wrap on the left wrist? And lets not kid ourselves, gentlemen, 50 is pretty old.

I have to get myself in a GR match this year.

FON, I officially challenge you this year. If I'm in Nova Scotia during golf season, of course.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    OP , i think you need to change your avatar. Just doesn't do you justice. Looking forward to the rest of the video. And after seeing Kiwi i think i have to toss a coin and either stop drinking beer or start calling big Dave my best buddy!!
    As Rodney Dangerfield said in Back to School, "if ya wanna look thin, ya hang out with fat people!"

;-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

As Rodney Dangerfield said in Back to School, "if ya wanna look thin, ya hang out with fat people!"

;-)
    "you wanna go to my place and help me study my Longfellow?"

NAH I have never been in the force but have always been a working man (chippy) so I certainly don't harbour any delusions of granduer.
    Hope the video of the match lives up to the hype, all I can say is Kiwi and I certainly had a great day, although it must be said neither of us played our best. Must have been the pressure of a big GR matchplay event.
    That certainly tends to do it. Of course, only handful on here realize this fact. Even Edgey's match with Burndog over the pond was not videoed. Videoing a match adds about 7 points to the "sphincter clinching" scale.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    That certainly tends to do it. Of course, only handful on here realize this fact. Even Edgey's match with Burndog over the pond was not videoed. Videoing a match adds about 7 points to the "sphincter clinching" scale.
    Qtong's sphincter was so clinched that if you had fed him a lump of coal at the beginning of the match, by the end he could have sh.it out a diamond.

Call me went you don't have class!
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Call me went you don't have class!
    To Robert Downey Jr: "you look like the poster boy for birth control"

To Robert Downey Jr: "you look like the poster boy for birth control"
    IT's actually "call me when you have no class" ...

I spit diet coke out my nose when he fired Kurt Vonnegut.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Great video and I enjoy the English accent (although I think Lady's accent would sound sexier)... You guys remind me of the time when I was young and always wanted to own an MG, lucky me I did not purchase one due to high cost of maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Great video and I enjoy the English accent (although I think Lady's accent would sound sexier)... You guys remind me of the time when I was young and always wanted to own an MG, lucky me I did not purchase one due to high cost of maintenance
    They remind me of the guy who serviced my Triumph (car) and then Austin Healy. Then came BMW and Porsche and a real German with heavy accent. The German accent cost me a lot more money.

And, after watching and listening for just the few minutes of tape, I would rather have either or both providing commentary on PGA events than 95% of the ones currently doing it. Wonderful WITB, boys.

English accents???

Those are true blue Aussie and Kiwi accents my friend. You'll have to get a video of Edgey to get a true English accent. Then again you might hear Pottsy in the Florida tournament. However I think he might have said he is a Geordie in which case his speech will sound like completely indecipherable gibberish to most of us. He might need to bring an interpreter to communicate with the other US based GR guys or else he'll just have to write it down.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    English accents???

Those are true blue Aussie and Kiwi accents my friend. You'll have to get a video of Edgey to get a true English accent. Then again you might hear Pottsy in the Florida tournament. However I think he might have said he is a Geordie in which case his speech will sound like completely indecipherable gibberish to most of us. He might need to bring an interpreter to communicate with the other US based GR guys or else he'll just have to write it down.
    They dont understand how hard some english accents are. A friend of mine who lives in Canada, but was born and grew up in England. Is tough when he,s had a few. Prince Charles I noticed, is kinda of hard for me to understand, in a interview I saw. You guys are easy.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    They dont understand how hard some english accents are. A friend of mine who lives in Canada, but was born and grew up in England. Is tough when he,s had a few. Prince Charles I noticed, is kinda of hard for me to understand, in a interview I saw. You guys are easy.
    Listen to Kiwi on this one fellas, Pottsy will need sub titles in the GR match. I've met som Geordies and they are near impossible to understand. It seems the further North you go the worse it gets. I've met some Scotsmen who may as well have been speaking Korean.

Listen to Kiwi on this one fellas, Pottsy will need sub titles in the GR match. I've met som Geordies and they are near impossible to understand. It seems the further North you go the worse it gets. I've met some Scotsmen who may as well have been speaking Korean.
    There's a Korean here who thinks Aussie and NZ accents sound English. So I guess this comes full circle.
    GR lives...

There's a Korean here who thinks Aussie and NZ accents sound English. So I guess this comes full circle.
    If we're being factually correct, the pronunciation is "Engrish"
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    If we are going to go that far I'd say it is more ing-grish.

I once saw a B grade WWII U.S. propaganda movie where a Japanese soldier tries to draw an American out of his trench by pretending to be his fellow soldier and speaking English. He says: "Hey Joe, you want some ricurish (licorice)," whereupon the American blasts him with a grenade.

It just struck me as funny.
    GR lives...

Qtong doesn't think you guys are a bit funny.

I once saw a B grade WWII U.S. propaganda movie where a Japanese soldier tries to draw an American out of his trench by pretending to be his fellow soldier and speaking English. He says: "Hey Joe, you want some ricurish (licorice)," whereupon the American blasts him with a grenade.

It just struck me as funny.
    What about the immortal line form Lethal Weapon 4, where the old chinese guy responds to Riggs' racist taunt with "It's fried rice. You Plick".

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Qtong doesn't think you guys are a bit funny.
    You tell Qtong he can sruck my d!ck if he doesn't find this funny.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

What about the immortal line form Lethal Weapon 4, where the old chinese guy responds to Riggs' racist taunt with "It's fried rice. You Plick".
    Didn't see that, but I'm told Mr. Magoo cartoons were the biggest offender. Asians once seemed impervious to true racial insult as they seemed more secure and self-confident than other ethnic groups, and I respected that. I guess in this politically correct era of ours it's inevitable.
    GR lives...

Didn't see that, but I'm told Mr. Magoo cartoons were the biggest offender. Asians once seemed impervious to true racial insult as they seemed more secure and self-confident than other ethnic groups, and I respected that. I guess in this politically correct era of ours it's inevitable.
    I forgot about Mr Magoo. Another great example was Krusty's set at the benefit show which went down like a lead balloon. Personally, I thought the fake teeth, flapping dicky and "Me so solly" was timeless classic.

GJ with the video guys. Can't wait to see the match! I'll have to post a video of my Icelandic accent in the (not so) near future. I'd say 90% of my fellow Icelanders talk like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75WFT...eature=related but I have been blessed with the ability to sound somewhat like an American. Is that really a blessing?
    Driver: Wilson Staff Smooth 9° E-160 stock shaft.
    3 Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15° Wasabi.
    Hybrid: Wilson Staff Fybrid 19.5° V2.
    Irons: 4 - GW Wilson Staff Ci7 with TX-105 shafts.
    Sand wedge: Cleveland CG10 56°.
    Lob wedge: Mizuno MP T-10 60°.
    Putter: Odyssey Marxman Mini 34".

Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1.
    Cleveland CEO cartbag in camo colors.
    Adidas Tour 360 4.0 shoes.

OMG, I already regret that link lol.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybee
    OMG, I already regret that link lol.
    She is so cute, i don't even care what she is saying, but.... How does an icelander learn golf?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

You tell me, I wouldn't know

She is so cute, i don't even care what she is saying, but.... How does an icelander learn golf?
    ... Really? Bjork? I think she's nutty as hell, and not in the typical she's just a female way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    ... Really? Bjork? I think she's nutty as hell, and not in the typical she's just a female way.
    I am an old fat married guy and keeping a standard long ago ceased to be my responsibility... Thats up to you young guys.. I just like that her name can also be a euphemism for what you are doing to her... Makes it easier to remember the name... And to remember what you were going to do to her..
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by joeybee
    You tell me, I wouldn't know
    You tried out this narrative, you could at least keep it up for one more post... You were off to such a good start too.. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I am an old fat married guy and keeping a standard long ago ceased to be my responsibility... Thats up to you young guys.. I just like that her name can also be a euphemism for what you are doing to her... Makes it easier to remember the name... And to remember what you were going to do to her..
    Well sure, you can Bjork her..

But who doesn't like Miller Time?

Edit: Ignore the website tag on the pic. I was going to crop it out, but.. Well she's hot
    Last edited by Mward2002; 02-09-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Most excellent, gentlemen.

Looking forward to the match video. I trust that you guys are in good hands if Big Dave is taking care of that.

I wanna see some swings.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

Quote Originally Posted by golfaholic
    What's with the Fruit Wrap on the left wrist? And lets not kid ourselves, gentlemen, 50 is pretty old.

I have to get myself in a GR match this year.

FON, I officially challenge you this year. If I'm in Nova Scotia during golf season, of course.

I'm game.

You're in metro H/D now, right? That's pretty close to me. We should easily be able to work something out.

I absolutely refuse to play this match during the height of bug season (those little bastards love me), but any other time is cool.

September might be an issue. I'm planning a move in September which will no doubt limit my opportunities. July or August would be prime for me.

Remind me again in June and we'll set it up if that works for you. We'll show these guys how we do it up in ns.ca.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

English accents???

I know, I know.... my bad... but isn't it true that Aussie and Kiwi are colonies of England (I am not a "history " guy) at one time? maybe that's why I thought that you two have the English accents... but what the hell do I know, just like you all think that all Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japaneses, phillipinos (sp?) etc... look the same ....

I was thinking about this today and memories of a chinese 'house boy' called Charlie who would run around saying "missar margloo" over and over came flooding back. That guy certainly was a derogatory asian stereo type.

Cool WITB. I'm expecting the next video to be Kiwi performing the Haka on the first tee box.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Cool WITB. I'm expecting the next video to be Kiwi performing the Haka on the first tee box.
    With Jonah Lomu on the bag...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Good pull, Poe. I had no idea and had to look it up.

Kiwi, that is so damn cute!!! Really, it's so rare to see rough, tough macho men get into a dance routine and bare their feminine sides like that.

">
    Last edited by lorenzoinoc; 02-10-2011 at 08:24 AM.
    GR lives...

Good pull, Poe. I had no idea and had to look it up.

Kiwi, that is so damn cute!!! Really, it's so rare to see rough, tough macho men get into a dance routine and bare their feminine sides like that.

">
    I used to do the Haka a bit in my travels as a younger man. The most memorable occasion was at the Octoberfest when the Oompah band took a break about 15 of us jumped up on stage and the crowd went berserk. It was my two minutes of fame.

It's a bit overdone these days but overseas crowds still seem to enjoy it in general.

Never crossed my mind to do it on the first tee, sorry Poe.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I used to do the Haka a bit in my travels as a younger man. The most memorable occasion was at the Octoberfest when the Oompah band took a break about 15 of us jumped up on stage and the crowd went berserk. It was my two minutes of fame.

It's a bit overdone these days but overseas crowds still seem to enjoy it in general.

Never crossed my mind to do it on the first tee, sorry Poe.
    It's pretty effective. Did the original, authentic ritual involve some form of rape and/or human sacrifice?
    GR lives...

I know, I know.... my bad... but isn't it true that Aussie and Kiwi are colonies of England (I am not a "history " guy) at one time? maybe that's why I thought that you two have the English accents... but what the hell do I know, just like you all think that all Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japaneses, phillipinos (sp?) etc... look the same ....
    You are correct Pky with just one minor technical correction.

New Zealand = English colony where those fortunate enough were able to emigrate to escape the polluted, overcrowded rock that Gt Britain had become and start afresh in a beautiful new land away from the shackles of the stuffy old class system that was keeping them down.

Australia = British PRISON Colony where all the criminals, crooks, thieves, rapists and murderers were sent to do hard time on that god forsaken rock infested with sharks, crocodiles, snakes and poisonous spiders and continue to do so to this day.

Now where the f#ck am I?

It's pretty effective. Did the original, authentic ritual involve some form of rape and/or human sacrifice?
    Well it was a war dance performed by Maori warriors prior to going into battle. There are many forms of Haka but the one performed by the All Blacks is the most famous one. It was written by the great chief Te Rauparaha.

He was in a war party marauding deep into the South Island and was trapped by the enemy tribe. He composed Ka Mate as a celebration of life over death after a lucky escape from his pursuers after he had hidden from them in a food-storage pit, and climbed back into the light to be met by a chief friendly to him.

The poking out of the tongue and the rolling of the eyes is symbolic of the way a slain enemy looks after they have been butchered.

Now where the f#ck am I?

New Zealand = English colony where those fortunate enough were able to emigrate to escape the polluted, overcrowded rock that Gt Britain had become and start afresh in a beautiful new land away from the shackles of the stuffy old class system that was keeping them down.

Australia = British PRISON Colony where all the criminals, crooks, thieves, rapists and murderers were sent to do hard time on that god forsaken rock infested with sharks, crocodiles, snakes and poisonous spiders and continue to do so to this day.
    US = Source for lumber and other resources following the almost complete deforestation of Europe for firewood.

Canada = A new front for Franco-British mutual hatred and depository for syphilis infected undesireables. Which is ironic because syphilis came from NA. The British theorized it might be possible to move all the Irish to Canada and if necessary the US but preferred Canada because many upper class English had designs on US land and didn't want it infested.
    GR lives...

Well it was a war dance performed by Maori warriors prior to going into battle. There are many forms of Haka but the one performed by the All Blacks is the most famous one. It was written by the great chief Te Rauparaha.

He was in a war party marauding deep into the South Island and was trapped by the enemy tribe. He composed Ka Mate as a celebration of life over death after a lucky escape from his pursuers after he had hidden from them in a food-storage pit, and climbed back into the light to be met by a chief friendly to him.

The poking out of the tongue and the rolling of the eyes is symbolic of the way a slain enemy looks after they have been butchered.
    Good thing you skipped the haka. The last time that was attempted on a golf course, Cambo got destroyed in the President's Cup them promptly fell off the face of the Earth. The only Kiwi strategy that has ever worked in golf is to hit up the port-a-potty twice a hole. Also performed by Cambo on the back nine at a US Open. If he would have stayed a pisser instead of a belly dancer, he may have a couple more majors.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Good thing you skipped the haka. The last time that was attempted on a golf course, Cambo got destroyed in the President's Cup them promptly fell off the face of the Earth. The only Kiwi strategy that has ever worked in golf is to hit up the port-a-potty twice a hole. Also performed by Cambo on the back nine at a US Open. If he would have stayed a pisser instead of a belly dancer, he may have a couple more majors.
    Good point.

I remember Campbell talking about that and he was doing some weird eye exercises or something. It wasn't that he had brought his K-Mart bladder that day. Whatever works I suppose. Don't see how it can help specific to golf but anything to take your mind off the huge occasion and stay focused I suppose. Obviously hasn't helped him since.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Good point.

I remember Campbell talking about that and he was doing some weird eye exercises or something. It wasn't that he had brought his K-Mart bladder that day. Whatever works I suppose. Don't see how it can help specific to golf but anything to take your mind off the huge occasion and stay focused I suppose. Obviously hasn't helped him since.
    I dunno, Kiwi. If you go to Pinehurst and walk along the clubhouse corridors, you'll see plenty of photographic evidence as to the nature of those trips to the thunderbox. He must have been squishing when he walked.

Resulting peer ridicule had to have been what did him in.
    GR lives...

Good point.

I would agree. You need something to keep focused. Ben Crane clogs up the entire course reciting Bible scripture in his head as part of his pre shot routine. I don't know if it works for him, but it definitely screws up everyone behind him.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I was under the impression that "Nieuw Zeeland" was a Dutch colony, named for the Dutch coastal state of Zeeland.... like New York is named for York, in England. Obviously NZ ended up a Brit colony (your "English" accent proves this :-), as the Dutch glory years were one or two centuries before English colonialism hit the heights... but didn't New Zealand start out Dutch?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

I was under the impression that "Nieuw Zeeland" was a Dutch colony, named for the Dutch coastal state of Zeeland.... like New York is named for York, in England. Obviously NZ ended up a Brit colony (your "English" accent proves this :-), as the Dutch glory years were one or two centuries before English colonialism hit the heights... but didn't New Zealand start out Dutch?
    What a narrow mindview you have. What about all the hobbits that used to inhabit New Zealand? Didn't you see that documentary, Lord of the Rings? Next thing you know, you'll be telling us how Columbus "discovered" America. What about all those little red people who drink and run casinos? Do they not exist in your Anglo-centric world?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

They discovered it (as the Euros and their descendants view it - see HB comments below) but never colonized it. After all, it was kind of far away and the Americas, Africa and Asia provided plenty of challenge and better proximity.

Euros would stop there and drop off some muskets, but for a few hundred years that was about it.
    GR lives...

Abel Tasman, a Dutchman, was the first European to discover NZ. Captain James Cook, a Brit came later. Zo is correct, the Dutch never colonised NZ.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Abel Tasman, a Dutchman, was the first European to discover NZ. Captain James Cook, a Brit came later. Zo is correct, the Dutch never colonised NZ.
    Just like in the US. Do we Italians ever get any credit for discovering America? No, we just get treated like wankers.

Ok, it was named after an Italian at least. A mongrel race, yes, but named after Italians. Discovered by and named after Italians and there's nothing any of you can do about that.
    GR lives...

Actually the Norse were here way before Chris stumbled on the place
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Actually the Norse were here way before Chris stumbled on the place
    No, I'm sure Columbus did. Let me ask you, if that were true, would they have gone to Minnesota? There's no way anybody could row here.
    GR lives...

The Norse were in Newfoundland way before Columbus was even born. They have excavated a settlement or two.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

The Norse were in Newfoundland way before Columbus was even born. They have excavated a settlement or two.
    More proof. Noone with options settles in Newfoundland. Columbus went straight to Miami.

I should throw up a couple of setlements somewhere and sell tickets, it's a great idea.
    GR lives...

No, I'm sure Columbus did. Let me ask you, if that were true, would they have gone to Minnesota? There's no way anybody could row here.
    I do believe some Asian aboriginals came across the land bridge long before westerners "discovered" America. The Norse were here long before any European.

I do believe some Asian aboriginals came across the land bridge long before westerners "discovered" America. The Norse were here long before any European.
    You're all such brainwashed Americans (root:] =Amerigo Vespucci).

Then where's the map???
    GR lives...

More proof. Noone with options settles in Newfoundland. Columbus went straight to Miami.

I should throw up a couple of setlements somewhere and sell tickets, it's a great idea.
    It was a very SMALL, very loose settlement, right on the coast of a bay... one big house, a few little ones, some farm plots, somewhere in the 9th century I think.. but it was more like the last few ships of a Norse explorer fleet stopped there because they ran out of food and made a home because it was the Medieval Warm Period and they could grow things there... they probably never made it back, were probably lost to the history of their homeland.

That said, the fact that "New Zealand" is spelled with a Z is proof that the Dutch named it. I guess they didn't have to colonize it to name it.

I've been to "Zeeland", and take it from me, the new one is better. :-)

But Minheer Tasman is obviously the source of the name Tasmania as well, and Hobart isn't far from Auckland or Wellington.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

It was a very SMALL, very loose settlement, right on the coast of a bay... one big house, a few little ones, some farm plots, somewhere in the 9th century I think.. but it was more like the last few ships of a Norse explorer fleet stopped there because they ran out of food and made a home because it was the Medieval Warm Period and they could grow things there... they probably never made it back, were probably lost to the history of their homeland.

That said, the fact that "New Zealand" is spelled with a Z is proof that the Dutch named it. I guess they didn't have to colonize it to name it.

I've been to "Zeeland", and take it from me, the new one is better. :-)

But Minheer Tasman is obviously the source of the name Tasmania as well, and Hobart isn't far from Auckland or Wellington.
    Ok, Ok...I get that Yanks would rather have had their land discovered by big, tough, gruff Vikings in ships with shields and oars and sails, rather than a little, greasy, carpet-bagging guinea who doesn't have his name on an NFL team and had little sissy boats. I don't blame you.

But a bunch of unoccupied boats cut loose from their European moorings, drifting across the Atantic, washing ashore on an uninhabitable rock near the North Pole, spilling their assorted contents onto the sand, being deposited by wave action and geologic layers of time and enhanced by some archaeologist who dumped a bunch more stuff in there so he could write a paper, gain fame and employment isn't tantamount to discovery now, is it???
    GR lives...

Ok, Ok...I get that Yanks would rather have had their land discovered by big, tough, gruff Vikings in ships with shields and oars and sails, rather than a little, greasy, carpet-bagging guinea who doesn't have his name on an NFL team and had little sissy boats. I don't blame you.

But a bunch of unoccupied boats cut loose from their European moorings, drifting across the Atantic, washing ashore on an uninhabitable rock near the North Pole, spilling their assorted contents onto the sand, being deposited by wave action and geologic layers of time and enhanced by some archaeologist who dumped a bunch more stuff in there so he could write a paper, gain fame and employment isn't tantamount to discovery now, is it???
    Discovery itself is less important than colonisation/exploitation. Vikings didnt even know what they'd discovered, were probably happy just to be alive... And who is to say even that they were the first? Silly stuff that only italians obsess over. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Discovery itself is less important than colonisation/exploitation. Vikings didnt even know what they'd discovered, were probably happy just to be alive... And who is to say even that they were the first? Silly stuff that only italians obsess over. :-)
    I'm just content to know that when people say they're proud to be an American, they're actually saying they're proud to be an italian. It's very flattering.
    GR lives...

You want everybody to talk like the old alka selzer commercial. Mamma Mia, thatsa spicy meatballa?
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I'm just content to know that when people say they're proud to be an American, they're actually saying they're proud to be an italian. It's very flattering.
    And of course, I too am proud to be a six foot four, blond haired, blue eyed Italian.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

And of course, I too am proud to be a six foot four, blond haired, blue eyed Italian.
    Since this is an Australian-based thread do you guys know when these particular blades came out? OP?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxflie.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	2608  

Since this is an Australian-based thread do you guys know when these particular blades came out? OP?
    They are at least pre 1996 or so, when the last Australian blade came out. However I know a guy who had a set of Australian blades that preceeded the last set but loked newer than those. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say early 90s/late 80s.

You're too big a target to be paisan.
    GR lives...

I think it's more likely that you are just a Mutt/Heinz 57.

Yeah, you wouldn't convince anyone. Aren't Italians in America like 5"2', drive IROC Z 28s and tell 'moolies' to pay for their candy after watching Rocky cause they think it's real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fp67geuhJM

Yeah, you wouldn't convince anyone. Aren't Italians in America like 5"2', drive IROC Z 28s and tell 'moolies' to pay for their candy after watching Rocky cause they think it's real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fp67geuhJM
    Like hugh grant in that movie, you gotta practice sayin', fuggedaboudit.... Bada boom, bada bing, fuggedaboudit...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Funny, my wife and son say the same thing.
    Op you set the bar a little higher. Great introduction. You appear like the perfect host, and a seasoned commentator. Kiwi, and you must have enjoyed.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    Op you set the bar a little higher. Great introduction. You appear like the perfect host, and a seasoned commentator. Kiwi, and you must have enjoyed.
    He was indeed a great host and for one of our quieter regulars he was very assured and polished in front of the camera.

Then again I am yet to meet an Aussie that doesn't like the sound of his own voice!

Now where the f#ck am I?

He was indeed a great host and for one of our quieter regulars he was very assured and polished in front of the camera.

Then again I am yet to meet an Aussie that doesn't like the sound of his own voice!
    He obviously likes to do his talking on the golf course.

Touché!

Now where the f#ck am I?

A rare quality in today's world.
    GR lives...

Thread Information