|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

I Hate PGA Pro Am Events

I'm not looking forward to this week's Pro Am event where we have to see the same ole celebrity shtick and hear Jim Gray ask them questions about their golf game like they would know shite. The PGA really doesn't need Pro Ams anymore, does it?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Pro Ams are a necessary evil. Sponsors fork out big bucks to cover tournaments, and they have clients who want to go out and play with pros, so they want to get something back for their investment. If I was a CEO of a company sponsoring an event, I would insist on playing in JD's grouping in the Pro Am.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

And oddly enough...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I'm not looking forward to this week's Pro Am event where we have to see the same ole celebrity shtick and hear Jim Gray ask them questions about their golf game like they would know shite. The PGA really doesn't need Pro Ams anymore, does it?
    there are two buttons on your remote that allow for choice: a) on/off b) channel select.

So if you don't want to watch....don't. Hearing people whine and complain about such inconsequential folderol makes me think the human race is getting more superficial and useless with every passing generation.

If you think pro ams are useless then surely you dislike "reality" tv. It's entertainment...deal with it.

I once met Dennis Quaid and he played Ping Eye 2s.

After seeing Quaid's "The Day After Tomorrow" who cares!
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    After seeing Quaid's "The Day After Tomorrow" who cares!
    Last night I watched part of the movie 2012. Amazing special effects but horrible otherwise. I hope I'm on the golf course if the earth's crust begins to melt away..

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Last night I watched part of the movie 2012. Amazing special effects but horrible otherwise. I hope I'm on the golf course if the earth's crust begins to melt away..

And as your ball leaves the clubface of your perfectly-struck five iron tee shot and bores on a perfect trajectory towards the flag on the 18th hole, the surging magma underneath the green causes the hole in which lies the cup to widen from 4.25 inches to 60 feet and your last thought in your earthly body is "I wonder if the GR guys will count this as an ace?"

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    [/i][/b]

And as your ball leaves the clubface of your perfectly-struck five iron tee shot and bores on a perfect trajectory towards the flag on the 18th hole, the surging magma underneath the green causes the hole in which lies the cup to widen from 4.25 inches to 60 feet and your last thought in your earthly body is "I wonder if the GR guys will count this as an ace?"
    Even though my buddy and I decided to drop another ball and declare it a brand new hole. In my book that's still a hole in one. Didn't some guy come on GR and talk about that?

Quote Originally Posted by fred3
    there are two buttons on your remote that allow for choice: a) on/off b) channel select.

So if you don't want to watch....don't. Hearing people whine and complain about such inconsequential folderol makes me think the human race is getting more superficial and useless with every passing generation.

If you think pro ams are useless then surely you dislike "reality" tv. It's entertainment...deal with it.
    Mission completed.

By the way, I loathe reality TV.

Quote Originally Posted by fred3

I'd suggest you follow your own advice if it wasn't so ignorant. All you do is whine and complain.

Some of us like seeing the course on TV but consider the celebrity stuff camp, unentertaining and a waste of time. Let me clue your dumb ass in to something. Inconsequential to you doesn't mean inconsequential to everyone else. Sooner has a reasonable opinion here. Just like my opinion that you're a bitter, completely worthless a.sshole is reasonable.

Next time before you try attacking one of my good friends here, try taking that closet rod out of your ass and that purple dildo out of your mouth. fred3, you're an ignorant, offensive slob. Now crawl back into your hole.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I'd suggest you follow your own advice if it wasn't so ignorant. All you do is whine and complain.

Some of us like seeing the course on TV but consider the celebrity stuff camp, unentertaining and a waste of time. Let me clue your dumb ass in to something. Inconsequential to you doesn't mean inconsequential to everyone else. Sooner has a reasonable opinion here. Just like my opinion that you're a bitter, completely worthless a.sshole is reasonable.

Next time before you try attacking one of my good friends here, try taking that closet rod out of your ass and that purple dildo out of your mouth. fred3, you're an ignorant, offensive slob. Now crawl back into your hole.
    Flu meds making you angry?
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Some of us like seeing the course on TV but consider the celebrity stuff camp, unentertaining and a waste of time. Let me clue your dumb ass in to something. Inconsequential to you doesn't mean inconsequential to everyone else. Sooner has a reasonable opinion here. Just like my opinion that you're a bitter, worthless a.sshole is reasonable.

Next time before you try attacking one of my good friends here, try taking that closet rod out of your ass and the purple dildo out of your mouth.
    Nice attempt, but this kind of post doesn't really get his ire. You have to think like this: what would a bitter, middle aged man who drives a Cooper car like to do in his life? If you can answer that, you can bait him and bring him out. Most of the time it is hit and miss, which is what you and I have been involved in for the most part. However, with experience, we are getting better.

My respect goes out to NaH, Edgey and Horseballs as those three have been able to post the right baiting material on a regular basis to pull him out of hiding. We're getting there, Lorenzo, it's just a matter of time before others will be classifying us within the "sinsa" category of GR. You have already hit that category with your knowledge of relationships. So, you're one up on me.

Nice attempt, but this kind of post doesn't really get his ire. You have to think like this: what would a bitter, middle aged man who drives a Cooper car like to do in his life? If you can answer that, you can bait him and bring him out. Most of the time it is hit and miss, which is what you and I have been involved in for the most part. However, with experience, we are getting better.

My respect goes out to NaH, Edgey and Horseballs as those three have been able to post the right baiting material on a regular basis to pull him out of hiding. We're getting there, Lorenzo, it's just a matter of time before others will be classifying us within the "sinsa" category of GR. You have already hit that category with your knowledge of relationships. So, you're one up on me.
    I must jump in here to defend Cooper. There are two Mini-Coopers. Those built by British Leyland and the current crop of pretenders. In the summer of 1969, my Triumph GT 6 decided to not shift and was stuck in second gear. I took it to a small garage in downtown San Diego upon recommendation of my division officer and the proprietor, a Hungarian national, looked at it and told me it would be way too much to fix. So he offered me a 1966 Mini Cooper S in trade (plus a couple of grand). I put that little demon through its paces on local streets and Freeway and came away mightily impressed that a 1,400 cc motor, slightly tweaked, would pull 120+ on the straightaway in not too many seconds and take the typical SoCal residential street bumps at 40+ without bottoming or pitching sideways. Now those were cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs
    Flu meds making you angry?
    No, hanging around with this is making me angry. The only thing there is to do is watch CNN try to boost ratings by inciting Egyptians into destabilizing the world by overthrowing their government in favor of Al Qaida. The funniest part concerns the Yahoo executive who tried to anonymously organize a protest, was ID-ed and now is being dragged into martyrdom as the heroic symbol of revolution when he's clearly scared s.hitless and wants to run and hide.

Even though you're trapped in a flophouse in Deliverance, you can at least head out to the local Kentucky Fried Chicken. (Pause to vomit.) Ok, maybe I have it better.
    GR lives...

I couldn't care less about drawing response from fred3/zippy the pinhead any more. While my hat's off to the others, my job is to level him when he shows up. That is, if his cowardly ass shows up here again. The Mini-Cooper is one of the lesser offensive parts of fred3, particularly compared to his parasitic government job where he's drunk every day by noon and then falls asleep on a couch somewhere.
    GR lives...

Mission completed.

By the way, I loathe reality TV.
    My wife watches Housewives of Beverly Hills, New York, etc. I can't stand watching that crapola. Last night they had some rich chick all worried about her little rat dog. These people are such losers. Being rich does not equate to being a winner.

My wife watches Housewives of Beverly Hills, New York, etc. I can't stand watching that crapola. Last night they had some rich chick all worried about her little rat dog. These people are such losers. Being rich does not equate to being a winner.
    The only thing fred3 likes better than reality shows is alternating his purple dildo between their two homes without washing it during the transition.
    GR lives...

The only thing fred3 likes better than reality shows is alternating his purple dildo between their two homes without washing it during the transition.
    I must have joined after Fred3 left because I don't know anything about him.

I must have joined after Fred3 left because I don't know anything about him.
    You're lucky not to know him. He shows up here occasionally after one of his government staff meetings in which he's been the butt of universal ridicule and laughter to cuff someone in the head, usually NAH, and then leave, sometimes for months.

He tries to make others feel as small as him, but never actually succeeds because it's not possible.
    GR lives...

You're lucky not to know him. He shows up here occasionally after one of his government staff meetings in which he's been the butt of universal ridicule and laughter to cuff someone in the head, usually NAH, and then leave, sometimes for months.

He tries to make others feel as small as him, but never actually succeeds because it's not possible.
    He is most definitely a knob. However, he is also the Holy Grail of GR and no one can even hope to rise to elite status on this forum without receiving a reply to their post by fred3. So infamous is his mystique on this forum that some have tried to cheaply imitate him by shamelessly registering aliases in his honor.

He is most definitely a knob. However, he is also the Holy Grail of GR and no one can even hope to rise to elite status on this forum without receiving a reply to their post by fred3. So infamous is his mystique on this forum that some have tried to cheaply imitate him by shamelessly registering aliases in his honor.
    I got my due, albeit brief. Once received, we should all be free to choose whether in the future we view him as holy grail or punch dummy. I choose punch dummy.
    GR lives...

I couldn't care less about drawing response from fred3/zippy the pinhead any more. While my hat's off to the others, my job is to level him when he shows up. That is, if his cowardly ass shows up here again. The Mini-Cooper is one of the lesser offensive parts of fred3, particularly compared to his parasitic government job where he's drunk every day by noon and then falls asleep on a couch somewhere.
    Very alangbaker of you, Zo. You are currently holed up in your basement right?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Very alangbaker of you, Zo. You are currently holed up in your basement right?
    Funny you should say that, I was thinking of breaking some posts down line by line. We don't have basements in California because we don't need that much separation from the outside.

I'm on the second floor sending infected fluids down to the first floor via waste lines. The ocean in the distance looks all blue and defined but as of yet I haven't seen anything of mine float by.
    GR lives...

Zo is a witty, intelligent, educated guy who posts well written, humourous offerings for the GR membership. But that's not what it takes to draw Fred out. Zo's stuff that goes way over Fred's head. To get Fred's attention you need to come up with a thread or post that is equal parts moronic, ridiculous, biggoted and offensive. It takes an experienced forum troll to get Fred's back up (BJ, HB). Or, in my case, dumb luck. Zo, if you want to get a response from Fred you need to dumb it down a tad. Say something in words Fred's small mind can understand.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Zo is a witty, intelligent, educated guy who posts well written, humourous offerings for the GR membership. But that's not what it takes to draw Fred out. Zo's stuff that goes way over Fred's head. To get Fred's attention you need to come up with a thread or post that is equal parts moronic, ridiculous, biggoted and offensive. It takes an experienced forum troll to get Fred's back up (BJ, HB). Or, in my case, dumb luck. Zo, if you want to get a response from Fred you need to dumb it down a tad. Say something in words Fred's small mind can understand.
    I've been trying hard lately to be more offensive. In the real world, just my being italian is enough.
    GR lives...

I've been trying hard lately to be more offensive. In the real world, just my being italian is enough.
    Speaking of Italian, it is ROCKY week on the AMC channel this week. Despite the commercial marathon, I watched Rocky II today and am watching Rocky III as I type. It's hard to beat a Rocky movie. The 80s were great.

Speaking of Italian, it is ROCKY week on the AMC channel this week. Despite the commercial marathon, I watched Rocky II today and am watching Rocky III as I type. It's hard to beat a Rocky movie. The 80s were great.

Just bear in mind Stallone is like 5'3".
    GR lives...

The only Rocky that has stood the test of time and is worht watching. Are you up to the bit where Hulk Hogan says "The ultimate male versus the ultimate meatball" yet? Hogan and T really carried Stallone's sorry arse through that one. Drago was ok in IV too, but Clubber Lang and Thunderlips were far and away the best characters from that Franchise.

This is method acting at it's absolute finest. (from T, not meatball). The "hey woman" line is his finest work and could be straight from the How to be a GR Legend manual. The only thing that could have made that movie better would be if T asked Apollo if he was 'feeling froggy' instead oif just asking him if he wants to jump. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeFMxy4QPMc
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 02-09-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks, but I'm a special case. Fred used to post much more frequently in the past. It was no big deal to attract his vitriol. He's an ancient enemy of mine, and he remembers me well.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Thanks, but I'm a special case. Fred used to post much more frequently in the past. It was no big deal to attract his vitriol. He's an ancient enemy of mine, and he remembers me well.
    That's what I find the greatest thing in forum life, real knock down, drag em out, no quarter given enmity. Like the way you had Fred, or Larry has Alan, or BCP had Lloyd Christmas 3, or Spank owned that guy with the calves. Even BJ had some serious heat with Big Pun for a short time. That's the sort of thing that makes forums interesting.

That's what I find the greatest thing in forum life, real knock down, drag em out, no quarter given enmity. Like the way you had Fred, or Larry has Alan, or BCP had Lloyd Christmas 3, or Spank owned that guy with the calves. Even BJ had some serious heat with Big Pun for a short time. That's the sort of thing that makes forums interesting.
    Far be it for us to try and instigate anything.
    GR lives...

Right, except I don't give a damn. I did have one legitimate e-brawl on GR when I first started out. A future shottalker pissed me off and we went at it for about a day. I was really pissed, then I thought about it and realized that I didn't have to be on GR if it wasn't fun. So now, I only have fun.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Right, except I don't give a damn. I did have one legitimate e-brawl on GR when I first started out. A future shottalker pissed me off and we went at it for about a day. I was really pissed, then I thought about it and realized that I didn't have to be on GR if it wasn't fun. So now, I only have fun.
    So even the great HB was had, allbeit for a day. The ultimate victory for a forum troll is for their victim to be pissed. I kow that doesn't apply to Larry/Alan, but as has been discussed on other threads, their relationship is unique to internet forums so normal rules don't apply.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Technology can solve this:

Get a PVR; be it dedicated hardware or computer-based. Make sure you get one that has "jump" capability.

I do all my TV watching through an elgato eyeTV box that contains a cable tuner and analog to digital (Firewire) hardware hooked up to a Mac Mini which runs the associated software.

Any time I'm watching sports on TV where I know the commercials will come in bunches, I set it up to start recording but I don't start to watch for half an hour or more. Then, when I get to a commercial, I hit the jump forward on the remote and move 30 seconds ahead.

You could do the same to jump over the celeb's stuff; at least most of it.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Before getting engaged, this is kind of how I looked at sex and dating. If it wouldn't lead to reasonably good sex, why waste my time? So I think I know what you're saying.
    GR lives...

Before getting engaged, this is kind of how I looked at sex and dating. If it wouldn't lead to reasonably good sex, why waste my time? So I think I know what you're saying.
    At least you had your priorities straight. That shite about needing a soul mate that you can identify with is nothing more than celebrity fodder.

At least you had your priorities straight. That shite about needing a soul mate that you can identify with is nothing more than celebrity fodder.
    You must have a more jaded perspective than even the recently divorced guy because of what you do. It doesn't have to be like Larry and Alan.
    GR lives...

I'm pretty certain fred3 is scared of me.

Scared sh!tless I figure, since not once in my tenure here has he even attempted to respond to one of my posts. The guy is clearly terrified of the new arse I'd rip him if he ever dared to respond to one of my posts.

The old codger is rightfully timid. I'm a bad-ass dude, and he's completely justified in his fear of me. I'll eff him up real good if he ever decides to muster up the cajones to take me on. I'll stuff his sorry @ss in the trunk of his mini, purple dildo and all. (I won't actually touch the dildo though... eeeew! Who knows where that's been...)

Of course he probably won't respond to this post either, because he's too busy watching "The Bachelor" and wishing he was a finalist.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

The term 'soul mate' is probably the most incorrectly used and misunderstood term in the Ing-grish rang-widge. What the fuk is a soul mate? IMO the most important thing to have a lasting relationship is to have things in common and be on the same page on the big things in life. Religion, politics, diet, materialism, have kids/no kids, drinking/smoking/taking drugs, level of tidyness, structured/chaotic, what time go to/get out of bed, sexual positions, monogomy/hedonism. These are the sortsof things you need to have reasonably similar views on if you want to live together without being constantly at each others throats. That crap about 'soul mate' wears pretty thin if you have completely different outlooks on life. I know guys who are atheists but married born again christians because they thought they'd found their 'soul mate'. Not sure how many Sunday mornings sitting with a bunch of wack jobs and hearing about how much Jesus loves me it would take to grow tired of my soul mate, but I'd be guessing well inside 12 months. What you really want in a partner is a friend, who you can talk to and agree with and actually not mind being around (obviously with benefits).
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 02-10-2011 at 04:56 AM.

I would have to say you nailed that right on the head Lo.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

You must have a more jaded perspective than even the recently divorced guy because of what you do. It doesn't have to be like Larry and Alan.
    I see it all and hear it all. Most of the couples I counsel with are on their way out and looking for Mr./Mrs. Right #2 or #3 or multiples of said number. You will be surprised of the fact that most couples do not seek counseling until their ready to give up anyway. It's like a last ditch reaction and usually only wanted by one of the members in general.

I call it the "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" syndrome. Many couples grow tired of the current relationship and think there has to be someone better out there somewhere that is just right for them. While in the courting or honeymoon stage (like you are going through), they just know they have found Mr./Mrs. Right, however, after a year or two of marriage, and sometimes less time, they find out that it is the same old grass on the other side of the fence.

I have met couples who seem to just go together like peanut butter and jelly. But, these kinds of matches are VERY rare. Let's face it, marriage and relationships take work by both parties. Mr./Mrs. Right does not exist and neither does someone's "soulmate." Anyone can find a good companion though if they are willing to work at the relationship. Most are not willing.

And, yeah, I suppose my outlook on relationships is a bit tainted because of what I have to deal with on a regular basis, but I have learned a great deal about men and women in working and non-working relationships, too.

I can tell you guys that these so called "matching" services do not do the world of relationships any favors as they promise "exact" matches for couples. There is no such thing as an "exact" match.

If by soul mate you mean someone who, with little effort, will complement me in every way, not mind my s.hit and not have any of her own, then I agree, they don't exist. I see plenty of people fail a relationship, resolve nothing in themselves and then take the same expectations and shortcomings into another relationship. Usually they jump at one of the first potential others they meet, picking the same poison they gagged on the first time, dragging unresolved parental issues into yet another fiasco. If hope has a practical side, it relies on being around a whole lot of potential others and applying the filter NAH describes so well.

I'm proud of the volume I was able to generate giving me more choices than a person deserves. I'm grateful for these choices in fact I'll think about some of them until I'm no more. I'm thinking about this one choice right now who had no long term potential, but the way she, um, anyways I think to have a prayer you have to have your list of what might work and what won't and generate alot of choices. Let's face it, there are plenty of goals in life that are unlikely but are still worth pursuing. In this area there are ways to improve the odds.

I admit I'm a little distracted now thinking about sex with some of these choices. Women have this hunger to have their sexuality released, the hotter they are the more they need to have someone do this for them. Yes, part of me would like to spend the rest of my life doing exactly that. But I also don't want to grow old by myself. I'm not as far from that possibility as I once was and I'm ready to make some trade-offs.

This far from exhausts my rationale, but this is a public forum so I'm trying to balance the demands thereof with those of friendship.
    GR lives...

I think if a relationship is right, then it doesn't take much work. A lot of people settle. A lot of people don't have that many choices, settle on someone and then realize later that sometimes being alone is better than being married but miserable. I think the term "soul mate" is corny and stupid sounding, but the concept is valid. Like NaH pointed out, the criteria matching on the big issues is important. I don't think a born again Christian would consider an atheist a "soul mate" and vice versa.
    I know of what I speak. I speak of the pompatous of love. Steve Miller got some really cool vintage guitar tones.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I think if a relationship is right, then it doesn't take much work. A lot of people settle. A lot of people don't have that many choices, settle on someone and then realize later that sometimes being alone is better than being married but miserable. I think the term "soul mate" is corny and stupid sounding, but the concept is valid. Like NaH pointed out, the criteria matching on the big issues is important. I don't think a born again Christian would consider an atheist a "soul mate" and vice versa.
    I know of what I speak. I speak of the pompatous of love. Steve Miller got some really cool vintage guitar tones.
    Thanks for that Maurice. I think you have a point about single being better than married and miserable. No matter what guys try to tell you, there are enormous compromises to be made, and enormous imposts on your life, in staying married/in a relationship. There would be no point in enduring these imposts if all your partner did was piss you off all the time. Being single and getting the odd bit of tang would be far preferable to being married to a cow. I think as you get older the idea of being single becomes more attractive. The hormnes and inate urge to spread your genetic line subsides, and the upside is that at over 40 a guy can get as much tang as he wants. I'm happily henpecked, but in my mid 30s when I was single it was so easy to find receptive women if you weren't too fussy and liked them around 40 or over. I have long ago decided that if anything happened with my current relationship I would take the swinging single choice. I already have kids so why the fuk would I ever choose to put up with al the crap that comes with a relationship, particularly when I could get all the tang I could handle and still play golf whenever I felt like it.

Pretty much what my life is right now.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Pretty much what my life is right now.
    You are a lucky guy. Having someone to grow old with is overrated IMO.

If I have to see Kenny G or Michael Bolton hit another golf shot, I'm going to puke worse than Lorenzo with the flu . . . . . . .

If I have to see Kenny G or Michael Bolton hit another golf shot, I'm going to puke worse than Lorenzo with the flu . . . . . . .
    The worst is Ray Romano. One time I was watching the tournament and they showed him go down onto the beach and look for his ball. While searching, he told one stupid joke after another and he must have spent 10 minutes looking for his ball. I was thinking to myself "why are they showing this and doesn't this jackass know that he's holding up the group behind him?" I won't watch the pro am...it's too painful.

The worst is Ray Romano. One time I was watching the tournament and they showed him go down onto the beach and look for his ball. While searching, he told one stupid joke after another and he must have spent 10 minutes looking for his ball. I was thinking to myself "why are they showing this and doesn't this jackass know that he's holding up the group behind him?" I won't watch the pro am...it's too painful.
    Ray Romano is the unfunniest comedian ever. I always said the only thing wrong with that show was Raymond. The rest were talented comedic actors, but they couldn't cary that bum through a whole half hour episode. Romano has become a celebrity golf favourite thorugh shameless self promotion and bad jokes. And to make thngs worse he's a sod laying chopper and bangs on with an endless stream of self deprecating jokes, which are also not funny. If I had to watch a celebrity Bill Murray would be better, at least he can play a bit. And he was in Caddyshack, so he's got that going for him.

Love him or hate him Fred3 does make this place interesting at times! The fervor generated by one of his replies has always been entertaining. He appears for a quick biff and vanishes into thin air.

Ray Romano is the unfunniest comedian ever. I always said the only thing wrong with that show was Raymond. The rest were talented comedic actors, but they couldn't cary that bum through a whole half hour episode. Romano has become a celebrity golf favourite thorugh shameless self promotion and bad jokes. And to make thngs worse he's a sod laying chopper and bangs on with an endless stream of self deprecating jokes, which are also not funny. If I had to watch a celebrity Bill Murray would be better, at least he can play a bit. And he was in Caddyshack, so he's got that going for him.
    George Lopez is the next guy that needs to go. Not only is he a horrible golfer, but he's not funny, either. I get tired of seeing him play in these events year after year.

George Lopez is the next guy that needs to go. Not only is he a horrible golfer, but he's not funny, either. I get tired of seeing him play in these events year after year.
    Is he the wet back who hosted the finale of the Golf Channel new inventions show? The name rings a bell, apparently he won the 'standup comic of the year' award or something. Going from that show his award was pure tokenism. If he was white he wouldn't get a gig at an open mic night at the local comedy club.

Completely agree. George Lopez is the antithesis of funny. His show sucks and he's watched by white people who think he's funny for a puertorican.

Got to disagree with you about the worst. The guy with the absolute worst swing..makes Charles Barkley look like Steve Elkington..that fat ESPN blow-hard Chris "He could go all the waaaaay.." Berman. He's been around enough to know that he'd get snickered at at any public driving range or in any hitting net at any chain golf store on the globe. His swing is worse than any beginner woman or 76 lb. 9 year old trying to hit his dad's D8 irons. The guy must have a severe mental deficiency with an ego that is bursting his brain. Or that horrible media couple Maury Povitch and his bride, Connie Chunks, These people are so bad I'm getting my golf fix watching reruns of the real tournament being played this weekend in Dubai.

I was at Pebble maybe 5 years ago and George Lopez definitely wasn't funny. Ray Romano was rude, surly and didn't even attempt funny. Until the cameras were on him. Tom Brady was funny insofar as he had a back and forth going with the crowd (Niner faithfuls I'd imagine) and was getting really pissed. Bill Murray was there, but we didn't follow him because we assumed his act would seem tiresome.

Which is really the problem with the Pebble Pro Am. It's a tired act. In other forms of entertainment it would have been cancelled a number of episodes ago. It's interesting then that this tired act goes on this way. Maybe celebrity golfers just don't know when it's time to get off the course.
    GR lives...

I was at Pebble maybe 5 years ago and George Lopez definitely wasn't funny. Ray Romano was rude, surly and didn't even attempt funny. Until the cameras were on him. Tom Brady was funny insofar as he had a back and forth going with the crowd (Niner faithfuls I'd imagine) and was getting really pissed. Bill Murray was there, but we didn't follow him because we assumed his act would seem tiresome.

Which is really the problem with the Pebble Pro Am. It's a tired act. In other forms of entertainment it would have been cancelled a number of episodes ago. It's interesting then that this tired act goes on this way. Maybe celebrity golfers just don't know when it's time to get off the course.
    Samuel L Jackson seems like a cool guy on the golf course. I saw him in one of the "Playing Lessons" episodes with David Toms which was a great show, which shows how entertaining Jackson must be having to carry Toms. I'd imagine Alice would be pretty funny out there too, and he can play to a 6 or so.

Samuel L Jackson seems like a cool guy on the golf course. I saw him in one of the "Playing Lessons" episodes with David Toms which was a great show, which shows how entertaining Jackson must be having to carry Toms. I'd imagine Alice would be pretty funny out there too, and he can play to a 6 or so.
    Can't comment on Alice, but now that you mention it, SLJ did have a nice presence, maybe because he didn't seem caught in one of the two gears the others did, trying too hard or not trying at all. He also was a way better golfer than guys like Chris Berman, but I remember being jealous because he had the latest Titleist driver long before it hit the market.
    GR lives...

Can't comment on Alice, but now that you mention it, SLJ did have a nice presence, maybe because he didn't seem caught in one of the two gears the others did, trying too hard or not trying at all. He also was a way better golfer than guys like Chris Berman, but I remember being jealous because he had the latest Titleist driver long before it hit the market.
    Adding to the non event status of this tourney is the absence of the man. Tige also obviously has low tolerance of clowns thinking they ae golfers. This is a non event on the golfing landcape, especially as this week the only event of interest is the Dubai Desert Classic, where Tiger is one shot off the lead with a round to go.

Adding to the non event status of this tourney is the absence of the man. Tige also obviously has low tolerance of clowns thinking they ae golfers. This is a non event on the golfing landcape, especially as this week the only event of interest is the Dubai Desert Classic, where Tiger is one shot off the lead with a round to go.
    If there was good strange on the Monterey Peninsula, Tiger would have gladly waded through playing with vanity cap B-list choppers and Kenny G to get to it.
    GR lives...

Just had a look at this event. Watched for about half an hour. It is utter crap. The so called comedians jokes and antics are only just worse than their golf game.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

And, showing that he is no longer the Tiger of old, he choked the final round of the event and did so poorly he managed to tie his playing partner for the final round, Chokio Garcia.

Quiros proved once again that the golf gods favor the long hitters on Tour.

After watching Tiger's performance today, I immediately went to my sportsbook and laid this bet:

Tiger Woods will win zero majors this season. $150 to $100

Mt' Kidd, Kananaskis - Can't beat the mountain setting.
    After watching Tiger's performance today, I immediately went to my sportsbook and laid this bet:

Tiger Woods will win zero majors this season. $150 to $100
    That's a good bet. tempted to lay that one too.

Stephen Marino ****ed my win with that triple on the last hole!! I had him matched with Bryce Molder. I pushed the bet, but come on. He could of taken a double and I still win. What a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist

Stephen Marino ****ed my win with that triple on the last hole!! I had him matched with Bryce Molder. I pushed the bet, but come on. He could of taken a double and I still win. What a hack.
    Tough place to break a maiden.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverologist

Him knowing he needed to do something amazing, like eagle the hole, to have a chance at tying the lead is what caused the poor score on the last hole. It is one of those moments as a gambler where you realize he is either going to rise to the occasion and give you an easy win, or totally blow it, like he did, and screw your bet. It was the worse possible result you could have expected.

Marino really needs to learn how to calm down. You talk about a guy with a bad case of the fidgets . . . . .

Thread Information