|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Tourstage Z101 Forged 2-PW

Just won a set of Tourstage Z101 Forged 2-PW off our local equivalent of E-Bay. These clubs come highly recommended by Oldplayer who has two sets and I hit the 6 iron on the range when I was in Melbourne and it felt great.

Anything recommended by such a legendary club ho can't be ignored so I just had to give these a try. I'll let you all know when they drop 4 strokes off my cap.

I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Well done Kiwi. You will love these and I'm sure they will easily drop the 4 stokes off your cap. Some of the sweetest feeling players cbs ever made!
    I particularly love the thin top line on this model. They are thinner than your mp33's !!
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Nice looking sticks Kiwi. The face of the iron you showed looks to be in real good condition, are all the irons as good as that one?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Just won a set of Tourstage Z101 Forged 2-PW off our local equivalent of E-Bay. These clubs come highly recommended by Oldplayer who has two sets and I hit the 6 iron on the range when I was in Melbourne and it felt great.

Anything recommended by such a legendary club ho can't be ignored so I just had to give these a try. I'll let you all know when they drop 4 strokes off my cap.

They look great Kiwiman (maybe better than an English gentleman) , $99 for that set?

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Nice looking sticks Kiwi. The face of the iron you showed looks to be in real good condition, are all the irons as good as that one?
    I wonder if they've actually been hit or just jostled around in someone's trunk for a while. To me that would be the best of both worlds. I don't like new looking irons, I want a nice uniform patina. That's what makes them look like fine tools. Maybe next time I get new irons, I'll put them in my trunk loose and drive around with them for 6 months, checking them periodically to see whether they've developed what I've described.

Then again, I want my driver perfect. Waxed and without a mark.

Enjoy, K, they look like fun.
    GR lives...

Haven't got them yet, only just won the auction last night. They were the photos posted on the website by the seller. Will probably arrive mid next week so hopefully they are all as good as that.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    They look great Kiwiman (maybe better than an English gentleman) , $99 for that set?
    $290 NZD which equates to about $99 USD/AUD.

Now where the f#ck am I?

they do look beautiful... haven't seen anything quite like them... hefty, muscular bottom half but still some good GI weight distrib... if they feel like they look, I want some!
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    they do look beautiful... haven't seen anything quite like them... hefty, muscular bottom half but still some good GI weight distrib... if they feel like they look, I want some!
    You should google them Dave. You will find this model has almost a cult following. They have a legendary status among club hos. They do have a good solid amount of weight behind the hitting area, that coupled with being an Endo forging gives them a fantastic solid, soft feel. The 2-5 iron have a tungston insert low down in the back which gives them a higher ballflight in the long irons.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

They look great. Not as nice as a GFF muscleback, but being Endo forged they were likely dried upon the smooth thighs of beautiful Japanese women after being cooled following their forging process.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    They look great. Not as nice as a GFF muscleback, but being Endo forged they were likely dried upon the smooth thighs of beautiful Japanese women after being cooled following their forging process.
    ....and then subsequently used to no avail on the golf course by 80's and 90's shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    I wonder if they've actually been hit or just jostled around in someone's trunk for a while. To me that would be the best of both worlds. I don't like new looking irons, I want a nice uniform patina. That's what makes them look like fine tools. Maybe next time I get new irons, I'll put them in my trunk loose and drive around with them for 6 months, checking them periodically to see whether they've developed what I've described.

Then again, I want my driver perfect. Waxed and without a mark.

Enjoy, K, they look like fun.
    I once picked up an almost brand new set of Precept Tour Premim irons for an absolute song as they had been poorly looked after and had heaps of bag chatter. There were dings all over them but the faces were almost brand new.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I once picked up an almost brand new set of Precept Tour Premim irons for an absolute song as they had been poorly looked after and had heaps of bag chatter. There were dings all over them but the faces were almost brand new.
    So irons like Brittney Spear, a little cheap due to bad cosmetics?
    GR lives...

I like my irons the way some men like their women. Nice face but otherwise a little beat up.
    Can't argue with that logic. For women or irons.

Ha, you got me before I changed it.
    GR lives...

That's why I prefer irons with a dark patina
    Last edited by famousdavis; 02-10-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    ....and then subsequently used to no avail on the golf course by 80's and 90's shooters.
    ZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

$290 NZD which equates to about $99 USD/AUD.
    Kiwiman.... it's just a wild guess on my part .... and they do look good.... I just don't have time to practice to play those clubs, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    Kiwiman.... it's just a wild guess on my part .... and they do look good.... I just don't have time to practice to play those clubs, I think
    They'll be just as forgiving as your Callways, just much prettier and ten times softer.

Now where the f#ck am I?

They'll be just as forgiving as your Callways, just much prettier and ten times softer.
    U hit hard the face may cave in?

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

I bid a set of those a few weeks ago to over 300 u.s dollars, I believe they went for close to 400. If you got them for anything less, you got a great deal.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    I bid a set of those a few weeks ago to over 300 u.s dollars, I believe they went for close to 400. If you got them for anything less, you got a great deal.
    $290 NZD which converts to about $220 USD at current rates

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    Told you it was a good deal Kiwi and they were worth up to $450 depending on condition. Outside of America and Japan Tourstage are not appreciated for how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Told you it was a good deal Kiwi and they were worth up to $450 depending on condition. Outside of America and Japan Tourstage are not appreciated for how good they are.
    Should receive them tomorrow. Can't wait to take them out for a round.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Well these babies have arrived and man do they look sweet. They are in great condition and the grips look pretty new too. Taking them out for their first hit tonight.

Might even put the 2 iron in the bag as a driving iron.

Never owned a 2 iron before.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Well I have to say that after my first hit these irons are the real deal. I played 18 tonight and shot 77 including an Ace with the 7 iron on the 8th hole. On some shorter driving holes I hit 2 iron off the tee and I have to say it felt great. Nice high ball flight. Not hard to hit at all (at least off the tee). I will probably revert to my usual 4-PW and put the gaybrids back in the bag come the weekend but for tonights round I played Driver, 3wood, 2-PW, GW 52, SW 56 Putter.

These irons are sweet and will kick the Mizuno's out of the bag for the time being at least. They are great looking clubs and look fantastic at address and feel very soft and pure off the clubface.

Very pleased with my purchase. Thanks for the recommendation OP.

When I come back in May I'll either bring these or borrow yours!

BTW the 7 iron in the 1st photo is the club that pulled off my 1st ace tonight.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 02-14-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Well I have to say that after my first hit these irons are the real deal. I played 18 tonight and shot 77 including an Ace with the 7 iron on the 8th hole. On some shorter driving holes I hit 2 iron off the tee and I have to say it felt great. Nice high ball flight. Not hard to hit at all (at least off the tee). I will probably revert to my usual 4-PW and put the gaybrids back in the bag come the weekend but for tonights round I played Driver, 3wood, 2-PW, GW 52, SW 56 Putter.

These irons are sweet and will kick the Mizuno's out of the bag for the time being at least. They are great looking clubs and look fantastic at address and feel very soft and pure off the clubface.

Very pleased with my purchase. Thanks for the recommendation OP.

When I come back in May I'll either bring these or borrow yours!

BTW the 7 iron in the 1st photo is the club that pulled off my 1st ace tonight.
    Now that's what I call a successful debut for a set of irons!!
    Congrats on the hole in one. SENSATIONAL.
    I'm so glad you have discovered these irons.
    In my humble opinion they are the benchmark for a soft forged players cb.
    I here and now predict they will drop 4 shots off your cap at the very least.
    I feel our brotherhood in GR has just been consumated with your appreciation of these top of the tree Endo forged classics.

Recently I've been messing around with sauces for pan seared fish. I'm finding simple is best. Take a red bell pepper, a white onion, chop both of them until they start to liquefy. Towel off the liquid, throw in a large, cast pan, saute in some olive oil, add chicken stock, reduce to half, then saute some mushrooms. Now cover and keep warm/hot while you heat another pan with canola just until it starts to smoke. Toss in filets, 2-3 on skin side, 1-2 on other side, then pop in pre-heated 450 oven for maybe two minutes. Exact time is hard to say. You have to watch it, as soon as fish flakes at all pull it, it will continue to cook in the pan.

Throw on sauce, accompany with small potatoes baked in olice oil, garlic, rosemary and salt, maybe steam some sugar peas and get ready to administer post meal spankings.

You could do a salad beforehand but it's better to make her watch you do this without being able to eat anything. Works with almost any skin on one side fish, and some with no skin (i.e. sea bass, salmon).

Boys, if you like someone and want to seduce her, this is the way.
    GR lives...

Recently I've been messing around with sauces for pan seared fish. I'm finding simple is best. Take a red bell pepper, a white onion, chop both of them until they start to liquefy. Towel off the liquid, throw in a large, cast pan, saute in some olive oil, add chicken stock, reduce to half, then saute some mushrooms. Now cover and keep warm/hot while you heat another pan with canola just until it starts to smoke. Toss in filets, 2-3 on skin side, 1-2 on other side, then pop in pre-heated 450 oven for maybe two minutes. Exact time is hard to say. You have to watch it, as soon as fish flakes at all pull it, it will continue to cook in the pan.

Throw on sauce, accompany with small potatoes baked in olice oil, garlic, rosemary and salt, maybe steam some sugar peas and get ready for to administer post meal spankings.

You could do a salad beforehand but it's better to make her watch you do this without being able to eat anything. Works with almost any skin on one side fish, and some with no skin (i.e. sea bass, salmon).

Ok so between this post and the one about the electronics in your car are you trying to intentionally poor cold water on the warm afterglow I'm currently feeling from my Z101s?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Throw on sauce, accompany with small potatoes baked in olice oil, garlic, rosemary and salt, maybe steam some sugar peas and get ready to administer post meal spankings.

Sounds like your flu is gone and now you think about sex again

Ok so between this post and the one about the electronics in your car are you trying to intentionally poor cold water on the warm afterglow I'm currently feeling from my Z101s?
    I'd have to be some sort of jealous ass to do something like that.
    GR lives...

Check these ones out. Superb condition and not much more than Kiwi paid for his. For whoever was thinking about getting a set (Sandwich I think), this is your chance. They are out of my price range, but if I was seriously looking for a set I don't think you will find better than these at any price.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bridgestone-T...item2561409017

Check these ones out. Superb condition and not much more than Kiwi paid for his. For whoever was thinking about getting a set (Sandwich I think), this is your chance. They are out of my price range, but if I was seriously looking for a set I don't think you will find better than these at any price.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bridgestone-T...item2561409017
    Even by your standards NAH it is just plain cruel to 12sandwich and others posting that link AFTER they have sold.

Shame on you!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Back to earth with a thud!

Went out with the Z101's in the bag again tonight full of confidence and shot a crumby 86.

All the magic was gone tonight. My swing just wasn't there. My driving was Ok but I seemed to pull all my approaches left. Still managed a 2 on a long par 3 with a nicely struck 4 iron but the magic of the Z101's from Monday night was absent.

Still tomorrow is another day.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Went out with the Z101's in the bag again tonight full of confidence and shot a crumby 86.

All the magic was gone tonight. My swing just wasn't there. My driving was Ok but I seemed to pull all my approaches left. Still managed a 2 on a long par 3 with a nicely struck 4 iron but the magic of the Z101's from Monday night was absent.

Don't feel too bad Kiwi, at least after this post of yours i can refrain from telling the missus that there is another set of irons i need.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

I can hear a "I told you so" from Edgey and GHD now.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Even by your standards NAH it is just plain cruel to 12sandwich and others posting that link AFTER they have sold.

Shame on you!
    It was another, to good to be true deal. I saved it in my watch list. An hour later it was gone. Didnt even get a chance to quote me on shipping. Wasnt meant to be. The Shimob is not the happiest camper that I have more new clubs in the arsenal. The, it was such a good deal though, is worn pretty thin.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Keep on going Kiwiman... play at least 10 rounds with the Z101 and do a statistics... or send me data , I will dump it into JMP software and analyze it for you

I swear I have a backwards assed wife. If I want to seduce her, I have to tell her I'm sorry and what a dick I have been. This makes her horny as hell.

I guess that is why I only have sex once a month . . . . . . . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    I swear I have a backwards assed wife. If I want to seduce her, I have to tell her I'm sorry and what a dick I have been. This makes her horny as hell.

I guess that is why I only have sex once a month . . . . . . . . . .
    Try the recipe, she'll put on the knee pads without you having to ask. If she doesn't like fish, give me her fave and I'll give you a recipe.

If this does fail, there may be a middle ground where you apologize while you cook for her. But I'm never doing that. For me it's I cook, they apologize.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Don't feel too bad Kiwi, at least after this post of yours i can refrain from telling the missus that there is another set of irons i need.
    LOL - last night a golf buddy of mine hit a couple of shots with the Z101's and just loved them. I spoke to him today and he told me he had spent last night on E-Bay trying to find a set.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information