|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Putter Grips

Putter Grips

I notice the thread on Iomic grips and have commented on that thread that I have just purchased one to go on my TM 880 Tour Maranello.

However, against all advice I also bought a Scotty Cameron Circa 62 no.6 putter. Relax though people as I called in a favour from a pro friend of mine and got it for £100 ($160). My issue is although I love the putter I HATE the grip. It is the red SC grip with all the little t's on it. It is far too soft and slimey for me and a little on the thin side. If I change it to a non SC grip will this affect sell on value etc...?

Cheers chaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy
    I notice the thread on Iomic grips and have commented on that thread that I have just purchased one to go on my TM 880 Tour Maranello.

However, against all advice I also bought a Scotty Cameron Circa 62 no.6 putter. Relax though people as I called in a favour from a pro friend of mine and got it for £100 ($160). My issue is although I love the putter I HATE the grip. It is the red SC grip with all the little t's on it. It is far too soft and slimey for me and a little on the thin side. If I change it to a non SC grip will this affect sell on value etc...?

Cheers chaps!
    Hi Pottsy

Just get the original one removed and keep it. If you dont like the Scotty you could then get it refitted.

So long as it isnt the Winn type shouldnt be a problem

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Cheers chaps!
    Mallets never have a very good resale value anyway, so I wouldn't worry about changing the grip. My Circa 62 #3 Scotty has the thick Leather grip, it kind of feels like a sports car steering wheel...you might like that.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Mallets never have a very good resale value anyway, so I wouldn't worry about changing the grip. My Circa 62 #3 Scotty has the thick Leather grip, it kind of feels like a sports car steering wheel...you might like that.
    Well I got it basically half price but I won't be selling it anyway if it performs like last night every time.

I am going to put a large Iomic on it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    Hi Pottsy

Just get the original one removed and keep it. If you dont like the Scotty you could then get it refitted.

So long as it isnt the Winn type shouldnt be a problem

Edgey
    i just refitted my scotty grip with a winn!! wots wrong wit them?

Well I got it basically half price but I won't be selling it anyway if it performs like last night every time.

I am going to put a large Iomic on it.
    Even at half price, you got ripped off. I woud hink that anything over about $20 for a second hand putter would be too high. I actually paid $43AUD for mine second hand, but that was for a Bettinardi with a limited edition grip, so I thought it was worth it. But $160 for a second POS Scotty? Sucker.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Even at half price, you got ripped off. I woud hink that anything over about $20 for a second hand putter would be too high. I actually paid $43AUD for mine second hand, but that was for a Bettinardi with a limited edition grip, so I thought it was worth it. But $160 for a second POS Scotty? Sucker.
    The putter was not second hand!! Where did I ever say this? It is brand spanking new and I got it through a friend who is a pro.

If you think I got ripped off paying £100 for a SC brand new you are an idiot!!

The putter was not second hand!! Where did I ever say this? It is brand spanking new and I got it through a friend who is a pro.

If you think I got ripped off paying £100 for a SC brand new you are an idiot!!
    NAH doesn't get enough meat in his system. I had noticed this too. You clearly said that you had bought it through a friend for $160. Even if you did buy it used (which you clearly didn't) $160 is what you'd pay for a used Scotty Cameron in just "fair" condition. A slightly used one would go for at least $200. We all like NAH but I think he's boxed one too many kangaroos in his lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    NAH doesn't get enough meat in his system. I had noticed this too. You clearly said that you had bought it through a friend for $160. Even if you did buy it used (which you clearly didn't) $160 is what you'd pay for a used Scotty Cameron in just "fair" condition. A slightly used one would go for at least $200. We all like NAH but I think he's boxed one too many kangaroos in his lifetime.
    Yeah I see he has been a bit quiet! Chump!

Yeah I see he has been a bit quiet! Chump!
    New or used, it makes no difference. It's still a chinese sweat shop POS Ping knock off, marketed as some sort of high end boutique putter, with his signature on it even though he never lays a hand on any of them. $160 is a very good deal if you intend to on sell it to some pigeon who will probably pay upwards of $250 for it. But if you are talking putters to use and keep, you could get much higher quality putters for that coin.

Let us all know when it takes 4 strokes off your cap champ.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Thread Information