|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

Swing to balance

I just have to say that the mp 52 is a mx 23 on a diet. Just on the edge of race, they flirt. Forged feel is abundant. Nice sole design, does a good job of picking off tough lies. Easiest to hit mp clubs I,ve hit. I was banging them off the dirt in the backyard, Joe dirt style, yesterday one after another. Theres not to much fluffy grass to hit on in the old backyard. Actually I have an area pretty much tilled up for a garden, where I,ve been hitting. I find them longer than any mp club I,ve hit, that may be the px shafts suiting my swing partly. Well going to walk to work and try and get out early and play 18 gonna be almost 70 degrees. Swing to balance boys
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Just curious, for those in the N.Hemisphere, what is the current state of playability of your local courses and weather conditions?
    GR lives...

Temp is finally getting over 40 during the day and refreezing at night. Since the course is along a river, between getting rid of all the snow and the expected spring flooding, I'm thinking April 15th the first round will be played.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc
    Just curious, for those in the N.Hemisphere, what is the current state of playability of your local courses and weather conditions?
    Here in central Maryland just west of the Chesapeake Bay: temp from mid '30's to
    high '50's. Recent rains have many areas just below saturation. Courses on higher ground are running medium slow. Those on lower elevations have some soggy fairways. Greens are slow but not bad for this time of year. Air is heavy so carry is attenuated. Leaves are not out on the deciduous trees yet so the "Trees are 90% air." principle is at "Trees are 97% air."

Mid to upper 60s here today and tomorrow in the Queen City. Cooler over the weekend. Been rainy here in S'West Ohio. Thinking the courses are real wet still. Been trying to get to the range weekly now (although last Sunday it was sub40 when I went). Was thinking of trying to play 9 Sunday - not sure yet if management will approve the leave form. Thinking ahead, I put in a 2nd leave request for the range time as well.

Wilmington Delaware will be 65F on Friday...

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs here.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Here in central Maryland just west of the Chesapeake Bay: temp from mid '30's to
    high '50's. Recent rains have many areas just below saturation. Courses on higher ground are running medium slow. Those on lower elevations have some soggy fairways. Greens are slow but not bad for this time of year. Air is heavy so carry is attenuated. Leaves are not out on the deciduous trees yet so the "Trees are 90% air." principle is at "Trees are 97% air."
    This is always correct . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . unless I am hitting through them.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Cloudy with a chance of meatballs here.
    Great idea, I feel like making a marinara today. Next stop, Costco for the tomatoes. Oh, wait, were you being funny? Please explain.

It sounds like some of you are out there and others may have another 30 days or so before conditions warrant playing. I recall hearing in the past the golf season begins in earnest for much of the country after the Masters.
    GR lives...

I have been playing every day here in Oklahoma. The only adverse conditions I have to deal with are the 15-30 mph winds which are a definite nuisance, but if you want to golf in Oklahoma you have to learn to golf in the wind.

Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

69 degrees 55% humidity, a little breezy 15-25 mph winds. Sunny. Theres a few small piles of snow still, more like icebergs. Temporary tees are being used at one of the courses, thats open. Greens look nice, albeit a little slow. We had so many hot women in the shop today, well thats another story.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

[QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]Great idea, I feel like making a marinara today. Next stop, Costco for the tomatoes. Oh, wait, were you being funny? Please explain.

II thought you were into egg foo young now?

[QUOTE=12sandwich]
    Great idea, I feel like making a marinara today. Next stop, Costco for the tomatoes. Oh, wait, were you being funny? Please explain.

II thought you were into egg foo young now?
    either that or hot kimchee

Kimchee. Great stuff especially with pasta and a tomato based sauce.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135
    Kimchee. Great stuff especially with pasta and a tomato based sauce.
    Tomato sauce came from China in the earliest days of trade. Pasta came from Italy. The connection between the two goes way back.
    GR lives...

Tomato sauce came from China in the earliest days of trade. Pasta came from Italy. The connection between the two goes way back.
    You sure about that Zo? I always thought Marco Polo brought the idea of noodles back from China, and the Italians expanded on it and called it pasta.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    You sure about that Zo? I always thought Marco Polo brought the idea of noodles back from China, and the Italians expanded on it and called it pasta.
    The Chinese also provided cat and the Italians copped the idea and call the dish "Chicken Cat-she-torry".

The only thing I'm really sure of is Marco Polo was more interested in Asian women than pasta or marinara. I'm only carrying on the tradition.
    GR lives...

The only thing I'm really sure of is Marco Polo was more interested in Asian women than pasta or marinara. I'm only carrying on the tradition.
    The Asian always wins.... WHY??? WHY???? I have several friends in that situation

My observation:

Asian wife + American husband = husband obeys more
    Asian husband + American wife = wife obeys more

Asian wife + Asian husband = husband always wins in Asia
    Asian wife + Asian husband = husband wins 70% in America

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471
    The Asian always wins.... WHY??? WHY???? I have several friends in that situation

My observation:

Asian wife + American husband = husband obeys more
    Asian husband + American wife = wife obeys more

Asian wife + Asian husband = husband always wins in Asia
    Asian wife + Asian husband = husband wins 70% in America
    There will be no obeying by me and that's final.
    GR lives...

Is that your final answer

I once lived in OC and there wasn't a true Italian delicatessen in the entire county. Maybe L.A. county either.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts
    I once lived in OC and there wasn't a true Italian delicatessen in the entire county. Maybe L.A. county either.
    Not on the continent. There are some in NY and LA that are dressed like it.
    GR lives...

Not on the continent. There are some in NY and LA that are dressed like it.
    Trinacria at the edge of the ghetto in West Baltimore.

Gotta call BS here.
    There isn't a married guy on this forum who dosen't know that survival depends on being obedient. At least some of the time. Or at the very least the appearance of obedience.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Gotta call BS here.
    There isn't a married guy on this forum who dosen't know that survival depends on being obedient. At least some of the time. Or at the very least the appearance of obedience.
    Or at least do a little bit of bribery like... Honey, I am going to golf with OP, anything that I could bring home for you on the way home

Gotta call BS here.
    I'm not "obedient" but I am respectful. There's a difference. It' sounds like all of you guys checked you nuts at the door when you entered into your relationships. You really should ask for them back.

Well, told the boys I was leaving to bang out 9. The mp 52s make that nice buzzing noise, like there spinning into orbit. My drives were all long pulls today. I sucked at the 100 yard mark. Putted like a madman though, several 1 putts. God I,m liking this 58 more around the greens. I checked my nuts at the door only played 9 so the wife could go shopping.

Gotta call BS here.
    No question, there are times when you placate but overall if you're the one with the stones, you lead unless you decide to give it up. The other thing is she golfs and likes the beach. If she wants to come along, occasionally I'll let her. If the house is clean and the laundry's done, that is.
    GR lives...

[QUOTE=lorenzoinoc]No question, there are times when you placate but overall if you're the one with the stones, you lead unless you decide to give it up. The other thing is she golfs and likes the beach. If she wants to come along, occasionally I'll let her. If the house is clean and the laundry's done, that is.[/QUOTE]
    And the knob has been polished.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

[QUOTE=Not a hacker]
    No question, there are times when you placate but overall if you're the one with the stones, you lead unless you decide to give it up. The other thing is she golfs and likes the beach. If she wants to come along, occasionally I'll let her. If the house is clean and the laundry's done, that is.[/QUOTE]
    And the knob has been polished.
    Still asking for permission to spend the money you earned to buy a golf club? Like your making demands around your house.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    I'm not "obedient" but I am respectful. There's a difference. It' sounds like all of you guys checked you nuts at the door when you entered into your relationships. You really should ask for them back.

I'm not required to be obedient. I take the initiative and do things my wife will appreciate before she has a chance to ask me. It earns me a great deal of freedom. You can even get away with doing less so long as she can see that your heart is in the right place.

Women are incredibly predictable and easy to manipulate. I find it sad how many men have failed to grasp the simple concept. Basically, just imagine what she has on her "to do" list, and then start doing the jobs on that list which she really hates to do. Instant win.

It's so easy.

FON
    "The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be." - Bruce Lee

Taylormade R580XD 9.5
    Taylormade Rescue Dual 19
    Taylormade rac MB TP (3-PW)
    Taylormade rac Satin TP (52,56,60)
    Taylormade Rossa Monza Corza center shaft

The whole "obedient" comment was tongue in cheek. The fact that you guys took it so seriously means that most of you are under the thumb.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

The whole "obedient" comment was tongue in cheek. The fact that you guys took it so seriously means that most of you are under the thumb.
    For it to be a joke it has to have some basis of truth or it wouldn't be the least bit funny. There are many men that a pw'ed. It's sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOfNature

I'm not required to be obedient. I take the initiative and do things my wife will appreciate before she has a chance to ask me. It earns me a great deal of freedom. You can even get away with doing less so long as she can see that your heart is in the right place.

Women are incredibly predictable and easy to manipulate. I find it sad how many men have failed to grasp the simple concept. Basically, just imagine what she has on her "to do" list, and then start doing the jobs on that list which she really hates to do. Instant win.

It's so easy.

FON
    Women are incredibly predictable and easy to manipulate: this is mostly true, it's one of the reasons why they sleep with Charlie Sheen.... but wait, men are as stupid, that's why they support Charlie's talk show tour after he's fired

just imagine what she has on her "to do" list, and then start doing the jobs on that list which she really hates to do. Instant win : now we know why Lorenzo enjoys cooking

For it to be a joke it has to have some basis of truth or it wouldn't be the least bit funny. There are many men that a pw'ed. It's sad but true.
    I can tell you on a golf course without meeting them, who they are. They answer there phones about every 3 holes. I broke a few of the guys I play with, by making them buy at the turn. Hotdog or beer for every phonecall violation. One day the loser had 35.00 dollars in beer and food tab. They think putting there phones on vibrate doesnt count. Losers need to get a smart phone, I just tell em I,m checking the gps.

It's so easy.

FON
    I do all the cooking in our house, which is a win win. I get to cook food I will really like, cooking is a challenge and more interesting than other household chores, and the kicker is the missus thinks I'm wonderful cause she get's to sit down to a meal cooked by someone else, and we all know that someone else's cooking always tastes better.

Unfortuantely though, Poe's description partly describes my situation. I'm by no means under the thumb and pretty much get to do the stuff I really want to do, but it's definitely a never ending war where I have to fight tooth and nail for every concession. I honestly think most guys who are with any self resepcting woman would find themselves in a similar situation. If not, you are either with a push over with low self esteem who will become boring over time, or you really should be checking what she gets up to when she encourages you to get out of the house.

Or that we recognized that certain posters were "under the thumb" and decided to boast and poke a little fun.

It's not like most of us have perfected grovelling to the point where we can own 30+ sets of clubs though...

We all know you traded in your manhood a long time ago.

We still envy you for your club collection though.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I do all the cooking in our house, which is a win win. I get to cook food I will really like, cooking is a challenge and more interesting than other household chores, and the kicker is the missus thinks I'm wonderful cause she get's to sit down to a meal cooked by someone else, and we all know that someone else's cooking always tastes better.

I'd do more of the cooking, but Mrs. Freak is really good at a whole lot of dishes. A lot better than me. I do all the grilling. My burgers earn me mega-points. Most guys think they grill the best burgers, but I've seen what they're calling food, and I don't agree on the classification. My burgers are the best burgers on the planet. Every single person who's ever eaten one has said it was the best burger they'd ever eaten. 100% of them. I'll put my burgers up against ANY burger on the planet... and I expect to win, they are THAT good.

The best way to earn points is by cleaning up the bathroom. Clean the hairballs out of the shower drain, scrub down the toilet, clean the sink and shower, do some laundry. Major points. Do the dishes, do some cooking, make a romantic dinner arrangement. Also major points. Fix some broken stuff around the house, huge points. Top up the fluids in her car, huge points. You guys get the idea.

Unfortuantely though, Poe's description partly describes my situation. I'm by no means under the thumb and pretty much get to do the stuff I really want to do, but it's definitely a never ending war where I have to fight tooth and nail for every concession. I honestly think most guys who are with any self resepcting woman would find themselves in a similar situation. If not, you are either with a push over with low self esteem who will become boring over time, or you really should be checking what she gets up to when she encourages you to get out of the house.
    I never have to fight for anything, and neither does Mrs. Freak. In fact, in almost 16 years we have never had an actual fight. We've had disagreements about things on rare occasions, but there has never even for an instant been any hostility between us. We don't compete with one another (except for fun), we simply cooperate by default - we're a team. I am certain that our "us before I" attitude is the reason we've had such a smooth ride, for so long.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

You're able to cook a hamburger. Wow.
    GR lives...

You're able to cook a hamburger. Wow.

I know, eh? I don't even need Cheez Whiz or KD to do it, either.

Haters gonna hate.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Haters gonna hate.

FON
    I'm being absolutely serious about this but everyone I've made toast for says I make the best toast. I put just the right amount of "I can't believe it's not butter" on them and know exactly how long to cook 'em.

Also, I've been told that I make the best re-cooked pizza ever. I'm being serious about this.

I'm being absolutely serious about this but everyone I've made toast for says I make the best toast. I put just the right amount of "I can't believe it's not butter" on them and know exactly how long to cook 'em.

Also, I've been told that I make the best re-cooked pizza ever. I'm being serious about this.
    I'm fairly well known for my ability to boil a mean pot of water.

I think Zo has some stiff competition on GR when it comes to culinary skills. It's quite clear that many of us are gourmet chefs. He's in over his head this time.

I was able to master boiling water without burning it at the young age of 27. Yeah, I'm some kinda prodigy. Probably deserving of the hate too...

When I speak to women of the things I can do with Ramen Noodles, they get wet.

The noodles, I mean. OK, sometimes the woman if I'm not being careful with the pot of boiling water. Oh yeah, I've been known to make 'em scream.

I also make the best peanut butter on crackers known to man. Top that, azzholes.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

I think Zo has some stiff competition on GR when it comes to culinary skills. It's quite clear that many of us are gourmet chefs. He's in over his head this time.

I was able to master boiling water without burning it at the young age of 27. Yeah, I'm some kinda prodigy. Probably deserving of the hate too...

When I speak to women of the things I can do with Ramen Noodles, they get wet.

The noodles, I mean. OK, sometimes the woman if I'm not being careful with the pot of boiling water. Oh yeah, I've been known to make 'em scream.

I also make the best peanut butter on crackers known to man. Top that, azzholes.

FON
    Thats fine for a snack, but I can make a kick a$$ TV Dinner in a finely tuned microwave. That really gets the girls' attention.
    ... a tree branch, or my foot.

I have a great home situation, but I'm convinced it's rare. We met when I was traveling 5 days per week for work, and that continued for several years. We both have independent lives, yet very committed to each other. Even when I wasn't traveling, we still had interests that weren't 100% tied to each other. Most of my married friends have the public appearance of running sh!t at home, at least on the surface, but they are beaten down on the homefront. I think this an unfortunate situation for many people. I have one friend who has an ideal situation. He's flipped the script, where he has the outward appearance that his wife runs sh!t, but he is the absolute boss at home.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by jetdriver
    Thats fine for a snack, but I can make a kick a$$ TV Dinner in a finely tuned microwave. That really gets the girls' attention.

I've always had trouble getting the timer set just right. I'm sure that with enough practice, I'll get the hang of it someday. Gotta keep raising the bar or you'll never improve, right?

I'm going to learn how to make spaghetti with Prego sauce and meatballs tomorrow. The prospect of having to fry up balls of hamburger is giving me a bad case of butterflies though. Man, I'm nervous.

Wish me luck.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Haters gonna hate.

FON
    I'm not going to hate but I always have a few questions about burgers before I give a nod. What condiments, dressing, etc. do you use? And more importantly, how do you dress the burger? This might sound trivial but it does make a difference.

I'm not going to hate but I always have a few questions about burgers before I give a nod. What condiments, dressing, etc. do you use? And more importantly, how do you dress the burger? This might sound trivial but it does make a difference.
    I think it's crucial to start with good meat, and don't overcook it. One of easiest, great burgers I make involves ground ribeye or filet with salsa kneaded in. Can't wait to dust off the grill.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I'll be serious for a moment...

No burger should ever find its way onto a grill without a generous amount of Montreal steak spice worked into the meat. Working the spices into the meat by hand helps create a better overall texture for the final burger.

Also important is to grill the burgers at low heat, NEVER compressing the juices out of them, and only flipping them 6 times total. First, you lay the patties on the grill and let the bottom side sear and brown. On the first flip, lightly baste the browned side with A1 Original steak sauce and let that soak into the meat while the other side browns. Flip and baste the freshly browned side equally.

When clear juices start to mix with the baste, flip again. Wait again until clear juices start to mix with the baste on the other side, then flip twice to knock off the excess juices on the outside of the burger. Top with hot banana peppers covered in cheddar cheese until the cheese is melted. Serve with toppings and condiments of your choice.

I prefer having lettuce, tomato, raw red onion, dill pickle slices, Heinz ketchup, some kind of mustard (often horse radish for the spicyness), and Kraft burger sauce to top them off.

Simply delicious, and the burgers are so tender they literally fall apart in your mouth, not to mention how juicy they are. The Montreal steak spice is the real key ingredient though. No real man would ever turn his nose up at one of my burgers.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

No burger should ever find its way onto a grill without a generous amount of Montreal steak spice worked into the meat. Working the spices into the meat by hand helps create a better overall texture for the final burger.

Also important is to grill the burgers at low heat, NEVER compressing the juices out of them, and only flipping them 6 times total. First, you lay the patties on the grill and let the bottom side sear and brown. On the first flip, lightly baste the browned side with A1 Original steak sauce and let that soak into the meat while the other side browns. Flip and baste the freshly browned side equally.

When clear juices start to mix with the baste, flip again. Wait again until clear juices start to mix with the baste on the other side, then flip twice to knock off the excess juices on the outside of the burger. Top with hot banana peppers covered in cheddar cheese until the cheese is melted. Serve with toppings and condiments of your choice.

I prefer having lettuce, tomato, raw red onion, dill pickle slices, Heinz ketchup, some kind of mustard (often horse radish for the spicyness), and Kraft burger sauce to top them off.

Simply delicious, and the burgers are so tender they literally fall apart in your mouth, not to mention how juicy they are. The Montreal steak spice is the real key ingredient though. No real man would ever turn his nose up at one of my burgers.

FON

I've learned that cooking really isn't that hard, it's just following directions. The "hardest" part is finding the good recipe. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, just find one that doesn't look overly complicated for your skill level, get quality ingredients, and go from there. Once you get a recipe that you know is a winner down pat, then add and subtract other ingredients as you see it fit for taste.

Making your own stuff from scratch on the other hand.. You better be your own taste tester. For example, I know there's no chance in Hell I'd use Zo's tomato sauce recipe for dinner with the girlfriend unless I'd suffered through messing it up until I got it right.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

FON
    Can't argue with much of this. What I was getting at was the order. Many put mayo on the bottom of the burger. This is usually the way many fine burger joints prepare the burger but they do it to keep the fat and juices from soaking into the bottom bun. It's a barrier between the meat and the bun. When the mustard, a meat seasoning, should go on the bottom. If you must put ketchup, god help your soul, it should also go next to the meat for the same reason. I'd place it on top. Followed by the pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, then mayo on the top bun because mayo is a salad dressing and goes next to the salad condiments. Duh.

Now I've had many styles of burgers and there's not many I don't like, but one thing I absolutely hate is shredded lettuce. Why? Lettuce barely has any flavor. It's on the sandwich for texture. It's a nice crisp, watery crunch in the burger. Why on earth would you ruin this part, the only main part, that lettuce has to offer the sandwich. For this reason, Mcd's sucks burger dongs and so does any other joint that shreds it's lettuce.

Your burger sounds great and the sloppier the better in my opinion.

LOL. Now that was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mward2002
    I've learned that cooking really isn't that hard, it's just following directions. The "hardest" part is finding the good recipe. You don't have to reinvent the wheel, just find one that doesn't look overly complicated for your skill level, get quality ingredients, and go from there. Once you get a recipe that you know is a winner down pat, then add and subtract other ingredients as you see it fit for taste.

Making your own stuff from scratch on the other hand.. You better be your own taste tester. For example, I know there's no chance in Hell I'd use Zo's tomato sauce recipe for dinner with the girlfriend unless I'd suffered through messing it up until I got it right.
    Has anyone really made a recipe from scratch? All recipes are just evolutions, juxtapositions, etc. of other recipes. Once you get some basic rules down it's pretty easy to expand and augment recipes to your liking. There's both an art and a science to cooking. Kind of like playing a musical instrument. Some are trained and some learn on their own. Yes, there are flops when you cook but he better you get at it the more eatable the flops are.

Ok, I'm truly sorry I brought up the subject of food thus enabling you guys to talk s.hit about stuff you know nothing about. But right now I'm watching KCAL 9 news and Evelyn Taft handling the weather the way I'd like her to be handling my c.ock. Google her if you'd like, she's hotter than Megan Fox's v.agina.
    GR lives...

Can't argue with much of this. What I was getting at was the order. Many put mayo on the bottom of the burger. This is usually the way many fine burger joints prepare the burger but they do it to keep the fat and juices from soaking into the bottom bun. It's a barrier between the meat and the bun. When the mustard, a meat seasoning, should go on the bottom. If you must put ketchup, god help your soul, it should also go next to the meat for the same reason. I'd place it on top. Followed by the pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, then mayo on the top bun because mayo is a salad dressing and goes next to the salad condiments. Duh.

Now I've had many styles of burgers and there's not many I don't like, but one thing I absolutely hate is shredded lettuce. Why? Lettuce barely has any flavor. It's on the sandwich for texture. It's a nice crisp, watery crunch in the burger. Why on earth would you ruin this part, the only main part, that lettuce has to offer the sandwich. For this reason, Mcd's sucks burger dongs and so does any other joint that shreds it's lettuce.

Your burger sounds great and the sloppier the better in my opinion.

Here's the order from the bottom up:

bottom bun
    burger sauce
    pickle slices
    onions
    optional bacon strips (forgot this part in the other post - OOPS!)
    burger patty
    hot peppers
    melted cheddar
    mustard
    tomato
    lettuce
    ketchup
    top bun

Everything is in its place for a good reason:

-The burger sauce (tastes the same as the sauce they use on Big Macs) acts as a glue to hold the pickles and onions in place (in place of mayo)
    -The bacon helps provide friction between the onions and burger patty, preventing messy slippage on the bottom side
    - Mustard glues the tomato slices to the melted cheese
    - Lettuce sticks to tomato slices
    - Ketchup provides enough moisture to stick the lettuce to the top bun, preventing slippage

I also tend to be quite conservative when it comes to condiments - just enough to add flavor but not enough to overpower the flavor of the meat. If your condiments drip out of the burger then you've used too much. The only thing that should be dripping from the burger are the juices from the meat itself.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Ok, I'm truly sorry I brought up the subject of food thus enabling you guys to talk s.hit about stuff you know nothing about. But right now I'm watching KCAL 9 news and Evelyn Taft handling the weather the way I'd like her to be handling my c.ock. Google her if you'd like, she's hotter than Megan Fox's v.agina.

Well it's not like the whole bunch of us were trolling you or anything...

Mmmmmm... Megan Fox...

Uhhh... what was I talking about again?

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Making from scratch is the only way to go IMO. I'm not talking about not following a recipe recipes, I'm talking using ingredients from scratch. You can follow a recipe, but use basic ingredients to make your sauce, don't just open a can or jar. Once you get a feel for what spices go together, you will find it's easy to make a delicious dish from scratch. Last night I made a (vegan) pasta very simply from scratch. I started by frying some carrots in oil, then adding capsicum and chopped bok choy stalks (I used the leaves two daysago in aother dish), then two small chopped fresh chillies. I let that simmer for a while, then added about half a tin of chopped tomatoes (these tomatoes were made with basil and oregano but plain tomatoes are ok, or if you have some fresh ripe tomatoes they are better still), a pinch of salt and some cracked black pepper. I then sprinkled some mixed herbs (I used the crap from a jar which is acceptable but fresh herbs are way better), added some snow peas and Kalamata olives and let all that simmer for a bit longer. I mixed in some just al dante penne (I like my pasta to be on the firmer side of al dante, not soft) and served it up. I can assure you it was delicious, easy, and took less than half an hour to make. Zo is the expert so he can comment on this, but I like my pastas to be simple, with a smattering of light sauce made from the ingredients mixed in oil, not a pasta drowning in thick sauce straight from the jar.

P.S. I would usually use zuchinnis too as they are great in this type of dish but I was out last night.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 03-23-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. It isn't hard you just have to do it. It helps if you can observe others that are skilled.

Some of the more advanced stuff. With something like tomato sauce, there's no set recipe. Tomatoes vary greatly in terms of ripeness, flavor, water content, etc. Eventually you can look at the tomatoes and know what you're in for, particularly if you have a good teacher. Which makes it easier to pick out the good stuff.

So I've learned not to give out the recipe. My other tried to surprise me thinking she'd learned by watching. Six pounds of tomatoes died for nothing. It was terrible. It made me think of Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Iraq and now Libya. But at least she learned not to invade my kitchen with something ill-conceived.
    GR lives...

Making from scratch is the only way to go IMO. I'm not talking about not following a recipe recipes, I'm talking using ingredients from scratch. You can follow a recipe, but use basic ingredients to make your sauce, don't just open a can or jar. Once you get a feel for what spices go together, you will find it's easy to make a delicious dish from scratch. Last night I made a (vegan) pasta very simply from scratch. I started by frying some carrots in oil, then adding capsicum and chopped bok choy stalks (I used the leaves two daysago in aother dish), then two small chopped fresh chillies. I let that simmer for a while, then added about half a tin of chopped tomatoes (these tomatoes were made with basil and oregano but plain tomatoes are ok, or if you have some fresh ripe tomatoes they are better still), a pinch of salt and some cracked black pepper. I then sprinkled some mixed herbs (I used the crap from a jar which is acceptable but fresh herbs are way better), added some snow peas and Kalamata olives and let all that simmer for a bit longer. I mixed in some just al dante penne (I like my pasta to be on the firmer side of al dante, not soft) and served it up. I can assure you it was delicious, easy, and took less than half an hour to make. Zo is the expert so he can comment on this, but I like my pastas to be simple, with a smattering of light sauce made from the ingredients mixed in oil, not a pasta drowning in thick sauce straight from the jar.

P.S. I would usually use zuchinnis too as they are great in this type of dish but I was out last night.
    I think the reason so many truly authentic Italian dishes are so simple is because the ingredients there are so high quality. With a sauce, the more you can do everything from scratch, the simpler and better it can be.

I hate it when I'm over someone else's, they pull out jarred sauce and ask me to doctor it for them. First of all, it's like handing a black person a watermelon so you can sit there and watch them spit out the seeds. I once said no but then felt like a stuck up prick so relented.

The best defense is to ask in advance what they're going to make. If they don't know then I have to accept I might be asked to doctor something repulsive.
    GR lives...

I over the years have weened mayo out of my diet. But it still seems right on a burger. I swear one of the secrets to my great burgers is, lightly applying some real mayo on the bun and lightly grilling, or toasting on one side.

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich
    I over the years have weened mayo out of my diet. But it still seems right on a burger. I swear one of the secrets to my great burgers is, lightly applying some real mayo on the bun and lightly grilling, or toasting on one side.
    When it comes to condiments for burgers I can't go past pickles, as in the sweet pickle sauce you get in a jar. I think it goes back to my first experience of 'works' burgers from greasy joe take away shops when I was a kid. I think it was probably the whole combination of the traditional burger toppings of onions, tomato, lettuce, pineapple and beetroot (yeah, in Oz beetroot is a must for burgers), but it was the tangy taste of the pickles that stood out for mine. Way better than the more popular tomato or barbecue sauce you see these days.

Yeah, I agree with all of this. It isn't hard you just have to do it. It helps if you can observe others that are skilled.

Some of the more advanced stuff. With something like tomato sauce, there's no set recipe. Tomatoes vary greatly in terms of ripeness, flavor, water content, etc. Eventually you can look at the tomatoes and know what you're in for, particularly if you have a good teacher. Which makes it easier to pick out the good stuff.

So I've learned not to give out the recipe. My other tried to surprise me thinking she'd learned by watching. Six pounds of tomatoes died for nothing. It was terrible. It made me think of Viet Nam, Afghanistan, Iraq and now Libya. But at least she learned not to invade my kitchen with something ill-conceived.
    Watching others only works well if you also know what you're doing. Your fiance learned that the hard way. I've watched my mom make certain foods and she's told me the recipes, but she adds little extra this, cuts that, etc. and I can't replicate the same taste. It still tastes good when I make it, but it's just not the same.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Watching others only works well if you also know what you're doing. Your fiance learned that the hard way. I've watched my mom make certain foods and she's told me the recipes, but she adds little extra this, cuts that, etc. and I can't replicate the same taste. It still tastes good when I make it, but it's just not the same.
    People I've been around that seem gifted, taste most stuff they're preparing along the way and have the ability to identify flavor and doneness unusually well. They can also modify and in many cases save a dish that's not quite there by adding spice and ingredients, much like a musician that can identify and play notes without a sheet of music.

You can throw some mushrooms and onions in a pan with some oil and from there achieve such a broad spectrum of results. With the right amount of garlic, nutmeg, crushed rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper added at the proper times at the right heat, pulled at the near perfect stage of doneness, M&O can get you head.

But most people who prepare this haven't learned flavors and fail to taste along the way. So their result is at a much different level. IMO it's mostly a matter of willingness, experience and after some experience observing someone who's really good at it.
    GR lives...

For a guy named 12sandwich I can't believe you don't use mayo. I've been eating quite differently for the last month and I've lost about 5 pounds. I don't necessarily eat healthier but I definitely eat less and without the sauce. For example, if I go to McDonalds I'll get the McChicken with no mayonaise along with a diet coke and that's all I'll eat for lunch. I used to get it with mayo and with a medium fry. I'm saving about 500-600 calories that way and now that I'm used to it I don't feel hungry. I've also found that hamburgers taste pretty damn good without mayo and cheese. In fact, I've been eating them without mustard or ketchup either and I really like the taste. Just the meat, bun, pickle, lettuce and tomato. That's the way the indians used to do it.

For a guy named 12sandwich I can't believe you don't use mayo. I've been eating quite differently for the last month and I've lost about 5 pounds. I don't necessarily eat healthier but I definitely eat less and without the sauce. For example, if I go to McDonalds I'll get the McChicken with no mayonaise along with a diet coke and that's all I'll eat for lunch. I used to get it with mayo and with a medium fry. I'm saving about 500-600 calories that way and now that I'm used to it I don't feel hungry. I've also found that hamburgers taste pretty damn good without mayo and cheese. In fact, I've been eating them without mustard or ketchup either and I really like the taste. Just the meat, bun, pickle, lettuce and tomato. That's the way the indians used to do it.
    You're nearly there already so why not go one step further? Leave out the meat too and embrace the vegan lifestyle with all the derived benefits as enjoyed by NAH.

NAH, what are the benefits again?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    You're nearly there already so why not go one step further? Leave out the meat too and embrace the vegan lifestyle with all the derived benefits as enjoyed by NAH.

NAH, what are the benefits again?
    One of the benefits is losing weight after you leave your balls at the door. I will never give up meat. There's nothing better than a ribeye steak cooked to perfection with asparagus and potato. I do not put any kind of steak sauce, salt or pepper on my barbecued ribeye steaks and they are perfection.

Kiwi, I think you should give Pings a try. I'm going to give the Mizuno MP-62 or MP-57 a try but I have to wait and find a set at a good price. I'm going to the golf store today so who knows?

One of the benefits is losing weight after you leave your balls at the door. I will never give up meat. There's nothing better than a ribeye steak cooked to perfection with asparagus and potato. I do not put any kind of steak sauce, salt or pepper on my barbecued ribeye steaks and they are perfection.

Kiwi, I think you should give Pings a try. I'm going to give the Mizuno MP-62 or MP-57 a try but I have to wait and find a set at a good price. I'm going to the golf store today so who knows?
    The only PINGS I've ever played were Ping G5's. They were Ok but nothing to rave about. What do you recommend? Besides the Ping Eye2 that is.

Now where the f#ck am I?

People I've been around that seem gifted, taste most stuff they're preparing along the way and have the ability to identify flavor and doneness unusually well. They can also modify and in many cases save a dish that's not quite there by adding spice and ingredients, much like a musician that can identify and play notes without a sheet of music.

You can throw some mushrooms and onions in a pan with some oil and from there achieve such a broad spectrum of results. With the right amount of garlic, nutmeg, crushed rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper added at the proper times at the right heat, pulled at the near perfect stage of doneness, M&O can get you head.

But most people who prepare this haven't learned flavors and fail to taste along the way. So their result is at a much different level. IMO it's mostly a matter of willingness, experience and after some experience observing someone who's really good at it.
    Part of it is having an ability to taste/smell. I'm pretty good but my wife can dissect a recipe and repeat it pretty good from scratch. She can also look in the refer and pull a recipe out of her head. In music terms it would be like comparing most rock musicians who play a canned set of music to a jazz musician that improvises every song and every set. I wish I had the natural talent in the kitchen to be that improve chef but I'm more like a good cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    The only PINGS I've ever played were Ping G5's. They were Ok but nothing to rave about. What do you recommend? Besides the Ping Eye2 that is.
    The G5s are horrible. I think the S59 or the i10 would be an excellent choice.

Part of it is having an ability to taste/smell. I'm pretty good but my wife can dissect a recipe and repeat it pretty good from scratch. She can also look in the refer and pull a recipe out of her head. In music terms it would be like comparing most rock musicians who play a canned set of music to a jazz musician that improvises every song and every set. I wish I had the natural talent in the kitchen to be that improve chef but I'm more like a good cook.
    As much as I try, I'm no virtuoso either. Whenever I start feeling cocky about my skill it isn't long before I'm humbled by being around someone with true talent. But then I've never been to cooking school. It was Mama, Grandmama and various gf-s.

By the way, pretty good deal here:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...n/?cm_src=hero
    GR lives...

As much as I try, I'm no virtuoso either. Whenever I start feeling cocky about my skill it isn't long before I'm humbled by being around someone with true talent. But then I've never been to cooking school. It was Mama, Grandmama and various gf-s.

By the way, pretty good deal here:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...n/?cm_src=hero
    We have two le creuset dutch style ovens. They are great. BTW we bought both of ours at tj max for cheap. About 50% off. Our next purchase is going to be a large chef's pan.

We have two le creuset dutch style ovens. They are great. BTW we bought both of ours at tj max for cheap. About 50% off. Our next purchase is going to be a large chef's pan.
    Ever make canabis brownies in them ovens? I hear that is big out there.
    ... a tree branch, or my foot.

Losing weight is so easy to do, and the real key to doing so is so obvious, it's no wonder the majority of people with weight issues never figure it out.

Increase your physical activity level, and decrease your consumption. To actually LOSE weight you need to burn more than you consume for a time, then once you hit your peak weight you return everything to balance. It's incredibly simple.

I got up to an incredibly fat (for me) 180lbs last spring when I messed up my shoulder. I'm back down to a trim 160lbs at the moment by simply decreasing my portion sizes. You may initially at times FEEL like you're starving - but you watched yourself eat the food so you know it isn't true. Your belly is lying to you - throwing a tantrum to get attention. You have to lay down the law and let that gut know who's boss.

You don't need to sacrifice variety to shed a few pounds. Just eat smaller portions. After a couple weeks, you won't even miss the extra few mouthfuls per meal.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Losing weight is so easy to do, and the real key to doing so is so obvious, it's no wonder the majority of people with weight issues never figure it out.

Increase your physical activity level, and decrease your consumption. To actually LOSE weight you need to burn more than you consume for a time, then once you hit your peak weight you return everything to balance. It's incredibly simple.

I got up to an incredibly fat (for me) 180lbs last spring when I messed up my shoulder. I'm back down to a trim 160lbs at the moment by simply decreasing my portion sizes. You may initially at times FEEL like you're starving - but you watched yourself eat the food so you know it isn't true. Your belly is lying to you - throwing a tantrum to get attention. You have to lay down the law and let that gut know who's boss.

You don't need to sacrifice variety to shed a few pounds. Just eat smaller portions. After a couple weeks, you won't even miss the extra few mouthfuls per meal.

FON
    For those such as yourself who think s.hit is food, it's probably easy to keep you weight under control.
    GR lives...

I am having a little trouble with my red sauce in my stuffed pablano peppers. Everyone loves my green sauce. A balsamic glazed duck, with brazed cabbage and mash potatoe is almost perfected. I havent smoked a boston pork butt all winter. The key to killer barbeque is using wood, and a seasoning from the south I,ve had a hard time replecating, called Wickers marinade. A restaurant my family had, called the Hayloft, a haunted 100 year old barn, years ago we pressure cooked with wood and Wickers. A restaurant resort we had, and I ran in Mexico, was voted year after year as having the best food. I had all the locals eating at are place, plus a nice bunch from Mexico city. I had people stay all winter, from Canada, Germany, the States, all over, and hardly ever leave. The key was a eclectic menu, due to the diversity in people, I had everynite a different ethnicity menu, made from scratch. Plus the daily Mexican, American food. There was a kinda hot author, that wrote hidden Mexico at are resort, she was there months. I think she traveled 20,000 miles around Mexico, and the majority of her writing for that book was done at are place. It was quite a time.

I am having a little trouble with my red sauce in my stuffed pablano peppers. Everyone loves my green sauce. A balsamic glazed duck, with brazed cabbage and mash potatoe is almost perfected. I havent smoked a boston pork butt all winter. The key to killer barbeque is using wood, and a seasoning from the south I,ve had a hard time replecating, called Wickers marinade. A restaurant my family had, called the Hayloft, a haunted 100 year old barn, years ago we pressure cooked with wood and Wickers. A restaurant resort we had, and I ran in Mexico, was voted year after year as having the best food. I had all the locals eating at are place, plus a nice bunch from Mexico city. I had people stay all winter, from Canada, Germany, the States, all over, and hardly ever leave. The key was a eclectic menu, due to the diversity in people, I had everynite a different ethnicity menu, made from scratch. Plus the daily Mexican, American food. There was a kinda hot author, that wrote hidden Mexico at are resort, she was there months. I think she traveled 20,000 miles around Mexico, and the majority of her writing for that book was done at are place. It was quite a time.
    Cool. So did you nail her?
    GR lives...

For those such as yourself who think s.hit is food, it's probably easy to keep you weight under control.
    Food volume isn't my problem. It's the cocktails, beer, and wine with the food. I don't have a sweet tooth and I don't overeat but food taste better when it's prepared drinking a cocktail or wine. It just goes without saying that wine and beer pairing with food completes the meal. I can't barbecue on a hot day without a nice cold beer. Just can't do it.

Food volume isn't my problem. It's the cocktails, beer, and wine with the food. I don't have a sweet tooth and I don't overeat but food taste better when it's prepared drinking a cocktail or wine. It just goes without saying that wine and beer pairing with food completes the meal. I can't barbecue on a hot day without a nice cold beer. Just can't do it.
    There's too much good vino out there. I meant to say I drink it for its health benefits.
    GR lives...

There's too much good vino out there. I meant to say I drink it for its health benefits.
    Mental health counts too you know.

Shiraz....mmmmMMMMMMmmmmmm

Mental health counts too you know.
    Unless you're an unemployed Canadian basement dweller.

Great, now I can't open e-mails from Canada.
    GR lives...

Cool. So did you nail her?
    I was in my 20s, and my weight was 76 to 79 kilos, metric system down there, I was blonde from the sun, and I lived better then most millionaire beach bums. I had a girl from the south of France around. She wanted me to move there. Another that came to visit, when she entered from the beach, she was topless and fine. She was Italian. American on her way to some Pan am games. A Canadian I have a child with. So many others. from all over the world. And some seriously fine Latin Americans. And one Blackbird. How my life could be oh so different. I never tagged Rebecca, there was quite a age difference between us. Attractive older woman though.

I was in my 20s, and my weight was 76 to 79 kilos, metric system down there, I was blonde from the sun, and I lived better then most millionaire beach bums. I had a girl from the south of France around. She wanted me to move there. Another that came to visit, when she entered from the beach, she was topless and fine. She was Italian. American on her way to some Pan am games. A Canadian I have a child with. So many others. from all over the world. And some seriously fine Latin Americans. And one Blackbird. How my life could be oh so different. I never tagged Rebecca, there was quite a age difference between us. Attractive older woman though.
    Make sure you're ready to tell us some more while in Vegas.

I wonder if we're related.
    GR lives...

I wonder if we're related.
    They say everyones got one good book in them. I could have a bestseller or two. Then there was Tia , she was a model. Spoke 4 languages brains and beauty. I was head over heals. Brothers from another mother
    Last edited by 12sandwich; 03-25-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Make sure you're ready to tell us some more while in Vegas.
    Whats said in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

They say everyones got one good book in them. I could have a bestseller or two. Then there was Tia , she was a model. Spoke 4 languages brains and beauty. I was head over heals. Brothers from another mother
    Well, I had a late flurry but I'm done. You younger guys are going to have to carry on.
    GR lives...

Barbacue and beer-it doesn't get any better than that. But doctor (and gout) tell me I can't do beer any more, it'll have to be red wine from now on-strictly for my health benefits of course! And I've lost 10 pounds since I stopped (3 weeks) beer, so its not all bad. Red wine isn't that bad either.........

I wonder if we're related?

Now where the f#ck am I?

If the flies won't touch it, neither will I.

FON

Taylormade R580XD 9.5

Thread Information