|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Results 1 to 43 of 43

Thread: GR matchplay

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tanglewood (Champions)
    Posts
    3,567
    Rep Power
    19

    GR matchplay

    I havent really checked the site that much recently... (although i did see Q's walkoff in the preview....) but anyways whats the status of the NC/SC/VA/TN/WVA or whatever area we're trying to get everyone to play in.. date?? location?? players??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The easiest
    Posts
    6,334
    Rep Power
    17
    I'm in MD. Stilll gotta work 5 day weeks. Bummer. I'm an old man and probably need white tees. Depending on a couple of the 5 W's & H, I'll drive a bit and take a weekday off.

  3. #3
    I think the only other mid-Atlantic members are myself and The Purist. Richmond would be the most central locale. I'd rather do a weekend but if this thing materializes I would be willing to do what it takes. It's hard to believe that we don't have any SC members. And like Mongrell, I must warn that it would be a farce for me to play a 7200 yard track as I play off 20.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Any
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    15
    I thought you guys were all coming to Ohio?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The easiest
    Posts
    6,334
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer
    I think the only other mid-Atlantic members are myself and The Purist. Richmond would be the most central locale. I'd rather do a weekend but if this thing materializes I would be willing to do what it takes. It's hard to believe that we don't have any SC members. And like Mongrell, I must warn that it would be a farce for me to play a 7200 yard track as I play off 20.
    Pkwy's up in Wilmington, Delaware. I'd rather do a weekend than burn a vacation day if we could find a track that doesn't take 6 hours to play 18. I don't drink alcohol and suffer from SCADD (Senior Citizen Attention Deficit Disorder). I'd play from 7,200 but it would be a real b(itch) for me to be hitting 3 woods for most second shots on long 4's. I got a 15.9 index.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    28
    C'mon HS and Mongrel, sack up and play from the back tees. This is an official GR match you're tlaking about, playing from the tips is mandatory. If you are worried about embarrassing yourself, just remember Sooner's 90s efforts getting his arse waxed by Big Dave, how much worse could you possibly be?
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    C'mon HS and Mongrel, sack up and play from the back tees. This is an official GR match you're tlaking about, playing from the tips is mandatory. If you are worried about embarrassing yourself, just remember Sooner's 90s efforts getting his arse waxed by Big Dave, how much worse could you possibly be?
    If they are playing off 20 and used to hitting from the whites, much worse.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Any with short grass.
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12
    How many of you actually play from the back tees usually? I have never played from the tips. I would if I had to, but every time I play with a client they always ask if I mind if we play from the middle tees, They never get a complaint from me. On normal holes it does not make much of a difference but on par 3's it makes a big difference. I have tried a few holes just for fun but never a whole round from the tips.
    ... a tree branch, or my foot.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdriver
    How many of you actually play from the back tees usually? I have never played from the tips. I would if I had to, but every time I play with a client they always ask if I mind if we play from the middle tees, They never get a complaint from me. On normal holes it does not make much of a difference but on par 3's it makes a big difference. I have tried a few holes just for fun but never a whole round from the tips.
    Generally here in Oz you only play the tips once a month in the medal round, but most of the time the tees are back towards the tips. Personally I prefer to play form the tips, but I'm a pretty long hitter so distance isn't an issue for me. I can see why a lot of amatuers would be better playig from forward tees. Unless you can hit drives over 250 you will struggle from the tips at most courses.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ChiselCreek
    Posts
    3,990
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Pkwy's up in Wilmington, Delaware. I'd rather do a weekend than burn a vacation day if we could find a track that doesn't take 6 hours to play 18. I don't drink alcohol and suffer from SCADD (Senior Citizen Attention Deficit Disorder). I'd play from 7,200 but it would be a real b(itch) for me to be hitting 3 woods for most second shots on long 4's. I got a 15.9 index.
    I am an old man like Mongrel, and I have no business of playing more than 6400 yrd, even at 6400 I would be happy with a boggey game, Shttt I am not young like Qtong... I would leave 7000 yrds for Hacker in Aussie... I would join you guys if it's weekend and driving distance.. My schedule is terrible right now... planning a 2 wks business trip to Shanghai... somewhere in June/ July... one week up in Pocono with wife in June 18-25... busy...busy....busy...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The easiest
    Posts
    6,334
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    C'mon HS and Mongrel, sack up and play from the back tees. This is an official GR match you're tlaking about, playing from the tips is mandatory. If you are worried about embarrassing yourself, just remember Sooner's 90s efforts getting his arse waxed by Big Dave, how much worse could you possibly be?
    Depends on weather and course conditions. If it was hot, low humidity and lots of roll, I would play from the blues or blacks or purples and just pretend I was little Timmy "Hobbit" Clark or Corey "Tenacious Bulldog" Pavin. I got an entire new kit in my bag (actually, even the bag is new thanks to wife at Christmas). Every fecking shaft from putter to driver I've replaced with the best I could find for my lame-ass swing. Except for 3 wood which I just picked up yesterday for $15.95 USD used at the Golf Galaxy. Its a 10 model year old Taylor in 13* and the damn head is titanium with a rather whippy factory "stiff" graphite shaft. But I hit it off the launch monitor mat well and got off the tee numbers approaching driver distance. So if this proves to hit as well off real grass, I will play at 8,000 yards. Bring it on! (Who am I kidding?)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The easiest
    Posts
    6,334
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
    I thought you guys were all coming to Ohio?
    Whereabouts in Ohio?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPC at Sawgrass - Stadium Course
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Pkwy's up in Wilmington, Delaware. I'd rather do a weekend than burn a vacation day if we could find a track that doesn't take 6 hours to play 18. I don't drink alcohol and suffer from SCADD (Senior Citizen Attention Deficit Disorder). I'd play from 7,200 but it would be a real b(itch) for me to be hitting 3 woods for most second shots on long 4's. I got a 15.9 index.

    SCADD? Going from talking about your approach shot, to how the weather is affecting arthritis and achy joints, to when you were our age.. Wait isn't that just called being old?
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Any
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    Whereabouts in Ohio?
    S'West corner. Cincy. If you are looking to move, Bengals QB Carson Palmer has just put his house on the market. Has a putting green I hear.....


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Masters
    Posts
    2,602
    Rep Power
    16
    I would be cool to get together and play some golf with you guys.

    Week days are still going to be easiest for me, but I can try to work around whatever. I've been super busy trying to get my house ready for the market and at work. Putting a house on the market (and looking for a new one + a possible move) will probably make scheduling a bit hectic the next few months, but who knows.

    Lord Helmet, don't you have family in Mechanicsville?
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Spyglass
    Posts
    11,184
    Rep Power
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    C'mon HS and Mongrel, sack up and play from the back tees. This is an official GR match you're tlaking about, playing from the tips is mandatory. If you are worried about embarrassing yourself, just remember Sooner's 90s efforts getting his arse waxed by Big Dave, how much worse could you possibly be?
    I disagree with playing from the tips. We aren't pros and playing from the tips makes the match less interesting because it's a struggle to make par. It's more exciting if we play from the second from last tee that is usually around 6,500 to 6,700 yards. We can get all macho and pretend we are pros but in the end it's more enjoyable to play something that is within our level of play.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdriver
    How many of you actually play from the back tees usually? I have never played from the tips. I would if I had to, but every time I play with a client they always ask if I mind if we play from the middle tees, They never get a complaint from me. On normal holes it does not make much of a difference but on par 3's it makes a big difference. I have tried a few holes just for fun but never a whole round from the tips.
    On my home course, we play from the tips all the time, but is only 6,318 yards from the blues. The course allows a person to play from whatever tees he wants, but for the club members there, the allowance is based on age. Under 70 years of age everyone is required to tee off from the blues. Over 70 and under 80 tee off from the white tees, and over 80 club members are allowed to golf from the silver tees. This is not only allowed for everyday rounds, but also tournament rounds.

    I think Dave and I played one tee up from the tips at Winstar.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Livin' the dream at the SPCC
    Posts
    8,510
    Rep Power
    24
    I'm effed until next summer, unless someone can be ready to tee it up on a random Sunday at my home course with an hour's notice.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

    *Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I disagree with playing from the tips. We aren't pros and playing from the tips makes the match less interesting because it's a struggle to make par. It's more exciting if we play from the second from last tee that is usually around 6,500 to 6,700 yards. We can get all macho and pretend we are pros but in the end it's more enjoyable to play something that is within our level of play.
    Fuk off with that shitt FD, you just want to play from the forward tees so you can go to the marker and say you hit it 20 yards further than you really did because you've only got x yards left, then go back to your pals and tell them all how short a club you hit into the holes they all know. Go take that shitt to the review section where it belongs.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I disagree with playing from the tips. We aren't pros and playing from the tips makes the match less interesting because it's a struggle to make par. It's more exciting if we play from the second from last tee that is usually around 6,500 to 6,700 yards. We can get all macho and pretend we are pros but in the end it's more enjoyable to play something that is within our level of play.
    You gotta remember that when NAH talks about playing from the tips he's talking about his short knocking goat track where playing from the tips is still shorter than most courses playing from the ladies tees.
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    You gotta remember that when NAH talks about playing from the tips he's talking about his short knocking goat track where playing from the tips is still shorter than most courses playing from the ladies tees.
    LOL.
    Gotta get you two on a course together at some stage. It would be a hoot. NAH what are you doing on May the 5th.? (that's the right date isn't it Kiwi?)
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    LOL.
    Gotta get you two on a course together at some stage. It would be a hoot. NAH what are you doing on May the 5th.? (that's the right date isn't it Kiwi?)
    May the 8th, it's a Sunday.
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    May the 8th, it's a Sunday.
    Thanks Kiwi. I think a little early senility is setting in.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    11,934
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    LOL.
    Gotta get you two on a course together at some stage. It would be a hoot. NAH what are you doing on May the 8th.? (that's the right date isn't it Kiwi?)
    Whatever his wife tells him to.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Thanks Kiwi. I think a little early senility is setting in.
    LOL no chance mate. I only know because we are going to a wedding on the 7th.

    I agree it would be a hoot to meet the great NAH and tee it up. We have friends in Sydney and SWMBO and I are overdue for a trip there. Only trouble is there are about 3 guys I know in Sydney who would be keen to play and time is usually pretty tight on trips across the ditch so the chance of more than one game is pretty slim. But when the time comes, if NAH is keen, I'll do my best to make it happen.
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lost Farm
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Generally here in Oz you only play the tips once a month in the medal round, but most of the time the tees are back towards the tips. Personally I prefer to play form the tips, but I'm a pretty long hitter so distance isn't an issue for me. I can see why a lot of amatuers would be better playig from forward tees. Unless you can hit drives over 250 you will struggle from the tips at most courses.
    Played from the tips last weekend (monthly medal) and won b grade with a net 68. Missed the overall by one lousy shot! Funny i used to dread playing from the back tees as i'm not a long hitter, but this saturday just gone it actually worked in my favour as it kept me out of the really nasty stuff when i missed the fairway. One more good round (just point one away)and the GFF irons will have taken 4 shots of the handicap!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Played from the tips last weekend (monthly medal) and won b grade with a net 68. Missed the overall by one lousy shot! Funny i used to dread playing from the back tees as i'm not a long hitter, but this saturday just gone it actually worked in my favour as it kept me out of the really nasty stuff when i missed the fairway. One more good round (just point one away)and the GFF irons will have taken 4 shots of the handicap!
    Nice work Rooboy. One more shot off the cap and they will be GR Certified keepers!
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Any
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by The Purist
    Lord Helmet, don't you have family in Mechanicsville?
    Why yes I do.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    11,981
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    LOL.
    Gotta get you two on a course together at some stage. It would be a hoot. NAH what are you doing on May the 5th.? (that's the right date isn't it Kiwi?)
    Don't mind that I actually clarified the goat track situation and have never tried to hide that my home track is a pitch and putt. But I also play long courses all the time, 6,000 to 6,400 metres, and usually from the tips. I also play Vardon events when my cap is low eough, which means from the tips with the course tricked up, lightning greens and championship pin placements. IMO there is nothing more exciting or enjoyable in golf than playing a Vardon event, on a decent course in the toughest course set up the greens keeper can throw at you.

    You have no idea how much I'd love to get out on the course with you and Kiwi, I may even partake in an exercise in futility and run it past SWMBO in the one in a million chance she agrees. I'll be thinking of you lucky bastards on the 5th of May when I'm sitting behind the desk at work. Just make sure to show that sheep shagger who's boss of the moss. Again
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lost Farm
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Nice work Rooboy. One more shot off the cap and they will be GR Certified keepers!
    thanks kiwi, the irons are staying no matter what! If i could stop skulling bunker shots the cap would have dropped( 2 of them on saturday). swmbo just doesn't get that a mizzy sand wedge will fix it
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    19
    All this SWMBO talk is making sick. You guys remind me again -- what exactly do you have swinging between your legs?

    Rooboy, the MP-52s did the exact same for me. In fact, they actually dropped my scores by about 5-10 strokes. It has been the MP-67s and MP-33s that have dropped them into the lower 80s, not to mention my lowest score to date last week . . . . . . a 74 . . . . . . shot with the MP-67s. You are another witness to the fact of GFF superiority and a testament against the false doctrine that you have to play GI shovels to lower your scores. Congratulations!
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ChiselCreek
    Posts
    3,990
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    I disagree with playing from the tips. We aren't pros and playing from the tips makes the match less interesting because it's a struggle to make par. It's more exciting if we play from the second from last tee that is usually around 6,500 to 6,700 yards. We can get all macho and pretend we are pros but in the end it's more enjoyable to play something that is within our level of play.
    There are too many hackers in this GR whose egos are too high and in the end they show that they play like Qtong... Hey, be honey, if we play like shtttt then just say so... Yes, I play like shttttt and am proud of it

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    Don't mind that I actually clarified the goat track situation and have never tried to hide that my home track is a pitch and putt. But I also play long courses all the time, 6,000 to 6,400 metres, and usually from the tips. I also play Vardon events when my cap is low eough, which means from the tips with the course tricked up, lightning greens and championship pin placements. IMO there is nothing more exciting or enjoyable in golf than playing a Vardon event, on a decent course in the toughest course set up the greens keeper can throw at you.

    You have no idea how much I'd love to get out on the course with you and Kiwi, I may even partake in an exercise in futility and run it past SWMBO in the one in a million chance she agrees. I'll be thinking of you lucky bastards on the 5th of May when I'm sitting behind the desk at work. Just make sure to show that sheep shagger who's boss of the moss. Again
    I got the date wrong NAH. It's actually may 8th. which is a Sunday. Love to see you there.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    I got the date wrong NAH. It's actually may 8th. which is a Sunday. Love to see you there.
    He has an excuse for that date, too, which probably involves SWMBO. My wife doesn't tell me what to do, especially whenever it comes to golf and equipment purchases. How about your's, OP? Do you still have two swinging under the vine or have you been neutered like some of these others on the board?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    He has an excuse for that date, too, which probably involves SWMBO. My wife doesn't tell me what to do, especially whenever it comes to golf and equipment purchases. How about your's, OP? Do you still have two swinging under the vine or have you been neutered like some of these others on the board?
    Mate, my wife dosen't care what i do as long as i don't hassle her.

    Also the fact that I openly have a room full of golf equipment and play 3 times a week should tell you something.
    Last edited by oldplayer; 04-04-2011 at 12:45 PM.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Dunes, Bandon, OR
    Posts
    5,472
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Mate, my wife dosen't care what i do as long as i don't hassle her.

    Also the fact that I openly have a room full of golf equipment and play 3 times a week should tell you something.
    Was it always that way or did she give up?

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Location, Location.
    Posts
    11,934
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Mate, my wife dosen't care what i do as long as i don't hassle her.

    Also the fact that I openly have a room full of golf equipment and play 3 times a week should tell you something.
    We already knew this based on your attire.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,189
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer
    Mate, my wife dosen't care what i do as long as i don't hassle her.

    Also the fact that I openly have a room full of golf equipment and play 3 times a week should tell you something.
    As I suspected.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lost Farm
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    All this SWMBO talk is making sick. You guys remind me again -- what exactly do you have swinging between your legs?

    Rooboy, the MP-52s did the exact same for me. In fact, they actually dropped my scores by about 5-10 strokes. It has been the MP-67s and MP-33s that have dropped them into the lower 80s, not to mention my lowest score to date last week . . . . . . a 74 . . . . . . shot with the MP-67s. You are another witness to the fact of GFF superiority and a testament against the false doctrine that you have to play GI shovels to lower your scores. Congratulations!
    Yeah they may have already dropped off the 4 strokes, can't quite remember when i purchased them. Hcap has dropped in my last 20 rounds from 23 to 17.5.

    OH, and last time i checked, swmbo is swinging between them
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    Yeah they may have already dropped off the 4 strokes, can't quite remember when i purchased them. Hcap has dropped in my last 20 rounds from 23 to 17.5.

    OH, and last time i checked, swmbo is swinging between them
    Got you by the short and curlies too huh?
    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

  41. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    barnbougle dunes
    Posts
    3,496
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul
    Was it always that way or did she give up?
    No, not at all. She is cool with it. She knows I am very passionate about the game (read obsessive and addicted) and she is not about trying to remove one of my greatest pleasures in life. On the flip side I don't stand in the way of whatever she enjoys doing.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

  42. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lost Farm
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Got you by the short and curlies too huh?
    Absolutely!!!!! And she wouldn't have it any other way
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

  43. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jacks Point
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by rooboy
    thanks kiwi, the irons are staying no matter what! If i could stop skulling bunker shots the cap would have dropped( 2 of them on saturday). swmbo just doesn't get that a mizzy sand wedge will fix it
    Just inform SWMBO that this wedge will resolve all your bunker issues and knock an extra two shots off your cap:

    http://www.golfreview.com/cat/wedges...5_2941crx.aspx

    I chose the road less traveled.

    Now where the f#ck am I?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Inaugural GR Sth. Hemisphere Matchplay event. Kiwi vs. OP
    By oldplayer in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 08:36 AM
  2. Matchplay Tactics
    By BURNDOG in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 05:28 PM
  3. Need matchplay advice
    By steviestuboy in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 06:36 PM
  4. Matchplay etiquette
    By Not a hacker in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 04:15 PM
  5. World Matchplay - Potential red face!!
    By Irishgolfer in forum Golf Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 10:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •