|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Current best Player without a major

I'M not so sure who would fit the mold here? One could argue Adam Scott.....not so sure on this one guys. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Tee'd Off
    I'M not so sure who would fit the mold here? One could argue Adam Scott.....not so sure on this one guys. What do you think?
    Adam Scott isn't considered the best player at all. I would say it's either Dustin Johnson or Bubba Watson. By the way, I like the little Pingman you've got in your avatar. I think his toes are pointed out a bit much but the stance itself is sound. Wouldn't it be cool if everyone had the same Ping avatar?

There's more than a couple who are due: Appleby, Westwood, Rose, Clarke, Choi, Holmes, Casey, Donald. List is heavy with Brits. The Americans who are due are approaching or have surpassed the point of no return, age-wise. Stricker might have a shot, say, at a Congressional-type open track. Quiet, go-about-his-business Ross Fisher is one hell of a player and should never be underestimated. It will be quite a while before one of the hot young things like Ricky, Rory, Dustin, Ryo et al. do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    There's more than a couple who are due: Appleby, Westwood, Rose, Clarke, Choi, Holmes, Casey, Donald. List is heavy with Brits. The Americans who are due are approaching or have surpassed the point of no return, age-wise. Stricker might have a shot, say, at a Congressional-type open track. Quiet, go-about-his-business Ross Fisher is one hell of a player and should never be underestimated. It will be quite a while before one of the hot young things like Ricky, Rory, Dustin, Ryo et al. do it.

Westwood is probably the best without a major but I don't think he'll ever win one. I think Luke Donald will win. Sorry Westwood, I know you play Ping but it seems the spare tire jiggles just a bit more on the back nine.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Westwood is probably the best without a major but I don't think he'll ever win one. I think Luke Donald will win. Sorry Westwood, I know you play Ping but it seems the spare tire jiggles just a bit more on the back nine.
    Sadly i agree.
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    Adam Scott isn't considered the best player at all. I would say it's either Dustin Johnson or Bubba Watson. By the way, I like the little Pingman you've got in your avatar. I think his toes are pointed out a bit much but the stance itself is sound. Wouldn't it be cool if everyone had the same Ping avatar?
    That guy looks retarded, which probably makes it perfect for ping.

Westwood is the only world number one ever without a major, but from last week I would move Day right to the top of that list, He won't be for long though, he will win plenty of majors real soon. He lifts when the major sunday pressure is on, the others on the list wilt. Like Dustin and Bubba last year. Of the Brits I like the look of Donald, I think he's due.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    That guy looks retarded, which probably makes it perfect for ping.

Westwood is the only world number one ever without a major, but from last week I would move Day right to the top of that list, He won't be for long though, he will win plenty of majors real soon. He lifts when the major sunday pressure is on, the others on the list wilt. Like Dustin and Bubba last year. Of the Brits I like the look of Donald, I think he's due.
    Easily Westwood is the best. He is actually the best tee to green golfer on the planet by a long way. He just can't putt. When he does putt well he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy
    Easily Westwood is the best. He is actually the best tee to green golfer on the planet by a long way. He just can't putt. When he does putt well he wins.
    Agree Westwood is the best player not to have won a Major. It's a pity because I think without a Major he was a phony World No1. The World No1 has to win a Major to truly be considered the No1 golfer in the world IMHO.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Agree Westwood is the best player not to have won a Major. It's a pity because I think without a Major he was a phony World No1. The World No1 has to win a Major to truly be considered the No1 golfer in the world IMHO.
    Spot on! Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy
    You make him sound like those 90s shooter hackers over in the review section. No way is he better than guys like Day, Donald, Dustin and Scott.

If we were talking crookedest teeth he would win hands down, but not golf.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Not Jason Day

Jason Day has one victory on the tour, only a handful of top ten finishes, and already he's on your list of best players not to win a major? I think many of you are still dazzled by his finish in the Masters, which was one brilliant weekend out of too many. Once you recover from your daze, I suspect many of you won't even put him in your top ten best players on the tour.

I agree with those of you picking Luke Donald or Dustin Johnson or even Lee Westwood, players who are constantly knocking on the door at majors. If you keep knocking, eventually the door will open (Mickelson). I also agree with your assessment of Westwood at #1: no player who hasn't won a major deserves to be #1 in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by dancaban
    Jason Day has one victory on the tour, only a handful of top ten finishes, and already he's on your list of best players not to win a major? I think many of you are still dazzled by his finish in the Masters, which was one brilliant weekend out of too many. Once you recover from your daze, I suspect many of you won't even put him in your top ten best players on the tour.

I agree with those of you picking Luke Donald or Dustin Johnson or even Lee Westwood, players who are constantly knocking on the door at majors. If you keep knocking, eventually the door will open (Mickelson). I also agree with your assessment of Westwood at #1: no player who hasn't won a major deserves to be #1 in the world.
    Day is only 23, and he has spent a long spell out of the game with injuries, so 1 victory on the PGA Tour (in his first season?) isn't so bad. He won plenty on the Nationwide Tour as a very young player. We will see if this 'daze' fades, or if Day will continue to play great golf. I think that he will go on from here because of the way he played on Sunday. He birdied the last two holes with very agressive plays to get to what he thought would be the play off mark. Very few golfers ever could have done that under that pressure, the fact he did it so young and in his first US Masters bodes well for his future.

Thread Information