|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: The latest

The latest

In my constant quest for any and all things Ping my latest acquisition should bring envy to all.

I have just bought a G15. I have never owned a ping driver before. I also had a hit of my eye 2's the other day. They are extemely well performing irons. So I can concur some of pings stuff is very good.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I think their drivers are excellent, possible the best out there. I don't think I need to tell you all what I think of their irons.

P.S. That certainly is a nice looking staff bag, the best one I've seen from Ping. If you're into staff bags. I go for cart bags or stand bags myself.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tee'd Off
    In my constant quest for any and all things Ping my latest acquisition should bring envy to all.

a $400 shovel tote, must be nice to have that kind of money

Quote Originally Posted by ripit35
    a $400 shovel tote, must be nice to have that kind of money
    I concur that being wealthy is nice. Hell, I might even let you carry the bag......oh and these are not shovels......but it is much easier to critique something you can't hit.

I concur that being wealthy is nice. Hell, I might even let you carry the bag......oh and these are not shovels......but it is much easier to critique something you can't hit.

Whilst I think the S56, 57 etc are nice sticks I can never get used to that silly notch in the heel of the hosel that all Ping irons have. And what's with all the Star Wars spaceship gadgetry in the cavity?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    Whilst I think the S56, 57 etc are nice sticks I can never get used to that silly notch in the heel of the hosel that all Ping irons have. And what's with all the Star Wars spaceship gadgetry in the cavity?
    I kinda like the Buck Rogers look I love these irons cause I can really work the ball with them. They are not forged but trust me the feel is there. Give them a try and let me know what you think of them.........

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player
    It's a garish gimmick to fleece dumb fuk hackers with more money than sense. In this case, it looks like their strategy has paid handsomely.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I kinda like the Buck Rogers look I love these irons cause I can really work the ball with them. They are not forged but trust me the feel is there. Give them a try and let me know what you think of them.........
    Thanks for the advice. Next time I'm in China and see a sweat shop I might buy a set.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker
    It's a garish gimmick to fleece dumb fuk hackers with more money than sense. In this case, it looks like their strategy has paid handsomely.

Accept the indivertible! Ping is well on it’s way to world domination. Do not be a hater because your over priced tooth picks you call irons are obsolete. Can you really tell the difference between forged and cast? If so you are so full of sh!t. Which is something I have suspected for some time now. Oh by the way love the Newcastle Brown Ale.

Accept the indivertible! Ping is well on it’s way to world domination. Do not be a hater because your over priced tooth picks you call irons are obsolete. Can you really tell the difference between forged and cast? If so you are so full of sh!t. Which is something I have suspected for some time now. Oh by the way love the Newcastle Brown Ale.
    I'm from Newcastle Australia, not England.

In that case Fosters sux donkey dix

In that case Fosters sux donkey dix
    I've heard that, but we can't buy it here. Oz drinkers are more discerning than to drink that cat's piss.

I've heard that, but we can't buy it here. Oz drinkers are more discerning than to drink that cat's piss.
    But in your case not so discerning as to buy a set of Ping fakes from the proverbial chinese sweat shop.

What they worth now NAH?

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

my dad and his mates tossed back a few Swan lagers back in the day when we lived in Perth... is Swan any good or was he just being cheap as usual?

Fosters CANNOT be any good, otherwise they wouldn't be spending so much money on bad TV ads here in the states.

we used to go down to the Swan river (coincidence) and pull prawn nets through the shallows and do evening prawn boils on the beach... dad had an inboard/outboard boat, a Beacham I think, and he and his friends did lots of water skiing on that river back in the late sixties and early seventies.. prawn boils, skiing, sunshine and water.. PLENTY of good reasons to drink beer.. I wish I'd been old enough...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    But in your case not so discerning as to buy a set of Ping fakes from the proverbial chinese sweat shop.

What they worth now NAH?

Edgey
    WTF has this got to do with my comment? Sounds like somebody's had a few too many Newcastle browns hey?

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins
    my dad and his mates tossed back a few Swan lagers back in the day when we lived in Perth... is Swan any good or was he just being cheap as usual?

Fosters CANNOT be any good, otherwise they wouldn't be spending so much money on bad TV ads here in the states.

we used to go down to the Swan river (coincidence) and pull prawn nets through the shallows and do evening prawn boils on the beach... dad had an inboard/outboard boat, a Beacham I think, and he and his friends did lots of water skiing on that river back in the late sixties and early seventies.. prawn boils, skiing, sunshine and water.. PLENTY of good reasons to drink beer.. I wish I'd been old enough...
    Personally I wouldn't drink it, but they had some cool TV ads for that stuff back in the late 80s. The shark was in one, the jingle was "they said you'd never make it".

I remember having to drink that on a flight to England when they ran out of Tooheys. Hated it. I also remember it being one of the cheaper beers so maybe your dad was being cheap.

a cast shovel with gel inserts to remove the sting, that's gotta have a nice feeling. do you bag cleveland cg14's too?

WTF has this got to do with my comment? Sounds like somebody's had a few too many Newcastle browns hey?
    It is a reflection of the irony of your suggestion that you could be discerning on anything given your comments in post #8 about Ping clubs and chinese sweat shops. Clearly given the fact you buy such crap tends to minimise any respect we would have have for your views on any clubs.

I ask again, how are the Ping knock off, chinese sweat shop, worthless shite now.

Edgey
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

a cast shovel with gel inserts to remove the sting, that's gotta have a nice feeling. do you bag cleveland cg14's too?
    Yet another bullsh!t artist who claims he can feel the difference between GFF and cast

Quote Originally Posted by edgey
    It is a reflection of the irony of your suggestion that you could be discerning on anything given your comments in post #8 about Ping clubs and chinese sweat shops. Clearly given the fact you buy such crap tends to minimise any respect we would have have for your views on any clubs.

I ask again, how are the Ping knock off, chinese sweat shop, worthless shite now.

Edgey
    They are absolute crap. They obviously made them too much like the originals. Probably from the very same cheap chinese sweat shop as the 'originals'.

I bought a CG14 when they were on special, and I agree that the gel insert was a big mistake, which happily they haven't made again.

Yet another bullsh!t artist who claims he can feel the difference between GFF and cast
    Let me explain it to you since you are talking like you cannot feel the difference: hitting a cast iron club is like having sex with 3 condoms on, while hitting a GFF blade is like having sex without wearing any protection and coming over and over and over and over and over . . . .
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    Let me explain it to you since you are talking like you cannot feel the difference: hitting a cast iron club is like having sex with 3 condoms on, while hitting a GFF blade is like having sex without wearing any protection and coming over and over and over and over and over . . . .
    With a smoking hot babe who makes all your deepest fantasies come true.

I bought a CG14 when they were on special, and I agree that the gel insert was a big mistake, which happily they haven't made again.
    NAH, since we're talking all things Ping, I tried the Ping Pick Me Up putter at the store the other day. They had a belly putter as well as the standard one. Both very easy to line up. Once I got on a groove with the belly putter I realized that it definitely creates an advantage. I just couldn't play with one though. The problem is with the insert, I just don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS
    If that line of thinking makes you feel better about your set then.......oh well.

one process is patented, the other is used by clubmakers like Acuity, Slazenger and Knight, only a baffoon wouldn't acknowledge the difference.

I personally like fomented herring dipped in cat piss... its great when you can't brew a quick cup of coffee.
    ... a tree branch, or my foot.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis
    NAH, since we're talking all things Ping, I tried the Ping Pick Me Up putter at the store the other day. They had a belly putter as well as the standard one. Both very easy to line up. Once I got on a groove with the belly putter I realized that it definitely creates an advantage. I just couldn't play with one though. The problem is with the insert, I just don't like it.
    That's surprising, I really liked the insert a lot. I don't usually go for inserts, but the one in the Scottsdales are pure, soft feeling but not mushy like some inserts. It was about the saem hardness as my Bettinardi which may be why I liked it so much.

You should be very proud of that bag. Thing of beauty.

Thread Information