|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

has anyone played with these balls?

I just picked up a dozen yellow Maxfli Tours.. haven't been to try them yet.. anyone hit this?
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Not yet but I just saw that Golf Galaxy has a buy one get one free for $39.95 a dozen, MSRP $42.95 per dozen. Sounds like a deal. Anything yellow, I'll try. Urethane covers. For 100-110 swing speeds. (maybe they'll be acceptable at my 92-98?). A while ago I bought two dozen Slazenger Raw Distance balls in yellow. I can see them great. They go real good off driver and irons. They roll off the putter like drunken sailors on acid. I guess you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Not yet but I just saw that Golf Galaxy has a buy one get one free for $39.95 a dozen, MSRP $42.95 per dozen. Sounds like a deal. Anything yellow, I'll try. Urethane covers. For 100-110 swing speeds. (maybe they'll be acceptable at my 92-98?). A while ago I bought two dozen Slazenger Raw Distance balls in yellow. I can see them great. They go real good off driver and irons. They roll off the putter like drunken sailors on acid. I guess you get what you pay for.
    yeah, I didn't see the higher swingspeed Maxflis in yellow. I doubt I"m making more than 110 anyway these days. I tested at about 112 three or so years ago in the swing analysis booth at PGA Tour Superstore. I think I"m firmly in the under 110 camp by now. But lucky for me, that Maxfli is the one that came in yellow. :-)
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins View Post
    yeah, I didn't see the higher swingspeed Maxflis in yellow. I doubt I"m making more than 110 anyway these days. I tested at about 112 three or so years ago in the swing analysis booth at PGA Tour Superstore. I think I"m firmly in the under 110 camp by now. But lucky for me, that Maxfli is the one that came in yellow. :-)
    I was at golfgalaxy today and they had Srixon Z-stars both white and yellow for $15 off a dozen. I believe they were $24.95. There were two boxes remaining from what was once a stack of hundreds.
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

Someone at my club is using yellow e6 balls. Not sure what THEIR problem is in seeing them, but iv'e found 3 in two rounds so far!!! BTW - e6 is a pretty good ball.
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

So far i am the only one playing yellow in all the groups i have been in lately. I bet it is getting more popular though. At my course the first and 18th wrap around the range. Put your tee shot in thw wrong spot and 100 other balls will make for an inconvenient search for yours... Unless you play yellow :-). Srixon zstar is a good one, will report on these maxflis when i try them.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins View Post
    So far i am the only one playing yellow in all the groups i have been in lately. I bet it is getting more popular though. At my course the first and 18th wrap around the range. Put your tee shot in thw wrong spot and 100 other balls will make for an inconvenient search for yours... Unless you play yellow :-). Srixon zstar is a good one, will report on these maxflis when i try them.
    Dave, played with a guy 3 weeks ago who uses yellow zstar xv's. Happened to find a white one in the same round and they are a great ball. The yellow balls are definitely easier to see through the air, but when i asked this guy why he was playing them, he said the yellow is meant to have a calming effect.I figure based on that i need them for about two holes per round, i just never know which holes tho
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
    Dave, played with a guy 3 weeks ago who uses yellow zstar xv's. Happened to find a white one in the same round and they are a great ball. The yellow balls are definitely easier to see through the air, but when i asked this guy why he was playing them, he said the yellow is meant to have a calming effect.I figure based on that i need them for about two holes per round, i just never know which holes tho
    I enjoy playing yellow balls while listening to Kenny G. It's very calming.
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

Thread Information