|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thats pretty funny. Great listing!

You gonna buy it?

Clever listing and the seller may very well be telling the truth about that putter. However, if you can putt, you can put with the leading edge of a sand wedge, 5 iron, hybrid or driver. If you can't putt, there is not any putter ever made that will help you not miss. In putting, its the Indian, not the arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Clever listing and the seller may very well be telling the truth about that putter. However, if you can putt, you can put with the leading edge of a sand wedge, 5 iron, hybrid or driver. If you can't putt, there is not any putter ever made that will help you not miss. In putting, its the Indian, not the arrow.

Unless it's a $600 arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Unless it's a $600 arrow.
    In that case, after you three-jack it five times in your first round after its acquisition, it becomes a$149 used arrow leaning on the rack surrounding the Golf Galaxy putting green. Or languishes on Craigslist at $399.00 including free shipping for 90 days. Or sits on Ebay with a $419.50 Buy It Now for 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Clever listing and the seller may very well be telling the truth about that putter. However, if you can putt, you can put with the leading edge of a sand wedge, 5 iron, hybrid or driver. If you can't putt, there is not any putter ever made that will help you not miss. In putting, its the Indian, not the arrow .

see i always have thought this phrase is stupid....

isnt the BALL the arrow if we were using said analogy?? and wouldn't that make the putter (or club) the BOW?? i mean lets think this through a little bit and get with the program...

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360 View Post

isnt the BALL the arrow if we were using said analogy?? and wouldn't that make the putter (or club) the BOW?? i mean lets think this through a little bit and get with the program...
    Not only that but how many indians have you seen playing golf?
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

I would expect this from a stack and tilt instructor. Don't try and think too much on this one, PM, just feel your way through it and you'll understand it better.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quite a few in Oklahoma.

Many old sayings are just downright stupid and counter to logic if you stop and analize them. Analysis of old sayings is as productive as spending a lot of time and concentration on conundrums such as "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?". Just accept the Indian/arrow saying as truth be it gun, guitar or golf club.

You're right PM. Henceforth on GR we will amend this nonsensical saying to :

"It's the Indian not the bow & arrow"

Whereby the bow can be the analogy for the golf club and the arrow the golf ball. There you go PM. Fixed. You can now sleep soundly at night.

Wait a minute, the saying could just be:

"It's the Indian not the bow" since we are usually talking about clubs? Wow this is confusing?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    You're right PM. Henceforth on GR we will amend this nonsensical saying to :

"It's the Indian not the bow & arrow"

Whereby the bow can be the analogy for the golf club and the arrow the golf ball. There you go PM. Fixed. You can now sleep soundly at night.

Wait a minute, the saying could just be:

"It's the Indian not the bow" since we are usually talking about clubs? Wow this is confusing?
    It's a stupid old saying to begin with. Having the right equipment makes a huge difference on how you score. Once you have the right equipment it is only then that you can blame it all on the Indian.
    There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe there are two kinds of people in the world and those who don’t.

You know another one I hate is "when you assume, it makes an ass of u and me!!!" That's so retarded. How does it make an ass of me if you assume something incorrectly? Some one noticed that the word was made of some little words and had to make a catchphrase out of it. Kind of like when country music "artists" make a whole song out of a catchphrase that they think is clever.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

It's a stupid old saying to begin with. Having the right equipment makes a huge difference on how you score. Once you have the right equipment it is only then that you can blame it all on the Indian.
    I agree. Only the most gifted players can play with anything. They have the inate ability to adjust to the nuances of what they are using. For the average Joe having the correct type and properly fitted equipment is paramount.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    I agree. Only the most gifted players can play with anything. They have the inate ability to adjust to the nuances of what they are using. For the average Joe having the correct type and properly fitted equipment is paramount.
    That doesn't make any sense. Every player has certain equipment that fits him the best. It stands to reason that he would play his best with this equipment. Sure, he might be able to play with other equipment but over time he will score the best with equipment that is fitted for his optimal swing characteristics. I expect a little more from you.

That doesn't make any sense. Every player has certain equipment that fits him the best. It stands to reason that he would play his best with this equipment. Sure, he might be able to play with other equipment but over time he will score the best with equipment that is fitted for his optimal swing characteristics. I expect a little more from you.
    So you and OP seem to be in a very hostile and aggressive agreement here??
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer View Post
    So you and OP seem to be in a very hostile and aggressive agreement here??
    OP is mad because he knows he wouldn't beat me at match play. I challenge him but he never shows up. Complains about a short plane flight.

This is true. All smart golfers know that playing with GFF blades will eventually lower your handicap into the single digits. It has everything to do with the equipment.

Geez OP you're starting to sound like Dorkman giving all the credit to the equipment. When are you going to order those wedges with the custom sole grind?

Now where the f#ck am I?

Geez OP you're starting to sound like Dorkman giving all the credit to the equipment. When are you going to order those wedges with the custom sole grind?
    Steady on Kiwi. Just because FD doesn't like being challenged you don't have to hop on the bandwagon and have a go. Hell would freeze over before I would pay $600 for a wedge.
    I actually just bought a Cleveland reg 588 TG (tour grind) 56 sw. Cost me all of $79 new.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

OP is mad because he knows he wouldn't beat me at match play. I challenge him but he never shows up. Complains about a short plane flight.
    You have no idea how much I would enjoy knocking the "reigning" GR champion off his perch.

Steady on Kiwi. Just because FD doesn't like being challenged you don't have to hop on the bandwagon and have a go. Hell would freeze over before I would pay $600 for a wedge.
    I actually just bought a Cleveland reg 588 TG (tour grind) 56 sw. Cost me all of $79 new.
    Do they still make the 588?

I used to have the Reg 588 51*, 56* & 60* in the bag. Great wedges. Unfortunately I lost the 51* (replaced with CG12 52*) and the 56* wore out plus the bounce was too much for summer conditions. I could never hit the 60* for shite and got tired of leaving out another club so gave up on it. I still have it and it's almost like new!

What happened to your Mizuno 56*? You worn it out already?

Now where the f#ck am I?

As I've said many times on GR, always blame the Indian. We're talking the dark skinned Apu type Indains right?

I defy Edgey or any of the other English posters to disagree with me.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

This is true. Not every pro could win a US Open using a coke bottle tied t a stick like Trevino.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Do they still make the 588?

I used to have the Reg 588 51*, 56* & 60* in the bag. Great wedges. Unfortunately I lost the 51* (replaced with CG12 52*) and the 56* wore out plus the bounce was too much for summer conditions. I could never hit the 60* for shite and got tired of leaving out another club so gave up on it. I still have it and it's almost like new!

What happened to your Mizuno 56*? You worn it out already?
    No haven't worn out the mizuno. Just wanted to try the cleveland.
    That model comes up again and again as one of the favorite designs among keen players and equipment ho's. So far I'm loving it out of the bunkers but the jury is still out for other shots. It is a Tour Grind or tour van version so it has an S300 in it. Interested to see if the stiffer shaft works for accuracy. So far I am hitting the full shots left a little.

You have no idea how much I would enjoy knocking the "reigning" GR champion off his perch.
    No, you would not enjoy the thrashing you'd receive. The good news is that you'd be inside the clubhouse after 14 holes with beer in one hand a tissue in the other to dab those teary eyes.

No haven't worn out the mizuno. Just wanted to try the cleveland.
    That model comes up again and again as one of the favorite designs among keen players and equipment ho's. So far I'm loving it out of the bunkers but the jury is still out for other shots. It is a Tour Grind or tour van version so it has an S300 in it. Interested to see if the stiffer shaft works for accuracy. So far I am hitting the full shots left a little.
    I got the newest model Cleveland with the conforming grooves, but I am absolutely loving my *62 wedge It is becoming an absolute weapon inside of 40 yards. It doesn't matter whether it is in the bunker, on hard pan, downhill or uphill, I just fire at the pin aggressively and it goes high in the air and drops and rolls out maybe 3 feet before stopping. I think it has taken 4 strokes off my game.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I got the newest model Cleveland with the conforming grooves, but I am absolutely loving my *62 wedge It is becoming an absolute weapon inside of 40 yards. It doesn't matter whether it is in the bunker, on hard pan, downhill or uphill, I just fire at the pin aggressively and it goes high in the air and drops and rolls out maybe 3 feet before stopping. I think it has taken 4 strokes off my game.
    I finally had a chance to try out my new driver: Ping Rapture V2 9 degree with Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue & Grey 55R. I only tried it at the range but it feels great and delivers a penetrating trajectory with lots of roll. It's one of the best feeling drivers I've tried. I'm playing in a scramble next week and can't wait to try it out. I'm aslo considering some Ping Eye 2 BeCu irons on Ebay.

I finally had a chance to try out my new driver: Ping Rapture V2 9 degree with Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue & Grey 55R. I only tried it at the range but it feels great and delivers a penetrating trajectory with lots of roll. It's one of the best feeling drivers I've tried. I'm playing in a scramble next week and can't wait to try it out. I'm aslo considering some Ping Eye 2 BeCu irons on Ebay.
    I have heard a lot of great reviews about the PING Rapture driver, but I only know of one guy on our course that hits one. I think most golfers want to hit the drivers they see the tour players hitting. I don't know of any tour players hitting the Rapture driver. I see a lot of guys hitting drivers on my course that they have no business hitting, but they do it because they saw their favorite tour player hitting it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I have heard a lot of great reviews about the PING Rapture driver, but I only know of one guy on our course that hits one. I think most golfers want to hit the drivers they see the tour players hitting. I don't know of any tour players hitting the Rapture driver. I see a lot of guys hitting drivers on my course that they have no business hitting, but they do it because they saw their favorite tour player hitting it on TV.
    I know Bubba was hitting it for awhile. He may be hitting the G15 but I could swear I saw him hitting the Rapture V2. That Argentinian dude won two Masters with a Rapture. Plus, it makes me think of Debra Harry.

Vijay singh, arjun atwal...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I know Bubba was hitting it for awhile. He may be hitting the G15 but I could swear I saw him hitting the Rapture V2. That Argentinian dude won two Masters with a Rapture. Plus, it makes me think of Debra Harry.
    I think most of the Ping tour guys use the Rapture V2. I think you may have some control issues with the wet noodle you have in yourse tough. Sack up and put a real mans shaft in it. Pro Launch is an old dudes shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins View Post
    Vijay singh, arjun atwal...
    Notah Begay III. You think he may have copped some stick at school wiht that name?

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    Notah Begay III. You think he may have copped some stick at school wiht that name?
    You mean playing the skin flute in the sweat lodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    I think most of the Ping tour guys use the Rapture V2. I think you may have some control issues with the wet noodle you have in yourse tough. Sack up and put a real mans shaft in it. Pro Launch is an old dudes shaft.
    I'd much rather play a flexible shaft than one that is too stiff. Besides, this prolaunch blue 55r shaft feels stiffer than than the Rapture V2 stock shaft. It delivers a penetrating trajectory, something you're probably not familiar with.

I'd much rather play a flexible shaft than one that is too stiff. Besides, this prolaunch blue 55r shaft feels stiffer than than the Rapture V2 stock shaft. It delivers a penetrating trajectory, something you're probably not familiar with.
    The Pro Launch Blue 55R is probably much more solid than the stock shaft, but that's because in the nets you can't see direction and they want their stock shafts to be nice and soft so anyone can load them, and if they are too whippy you can't tell from hititng into a net. If they put decent shafts in the stock on the rack, 90% of people who walked through the door wouldn't be able to handle them and they wouldn't sell anything. Stock shafts are unplayable from my experience, no matter what flex they claim to be. I can understand what you are saying about not wanting to play a shaft that is too stiff, but I can't play one too soft either. If I had to err on one side or the ohter, I'd probably agree a little on the soft side would be more playable than too stiff for most people, but in my mind I need to know the shaft can handle the swing so I'd prefer slightly too stiff than too whippy.

Thread Information