|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Fake Golf Clubs in Shanghai China

Well, guys/girls/AC-DC... I got in Shanghai safe and sound, drank lot of red wine and 4 glasses og Baileys on the rock and they knocked me out for 3/4 of 14+ hrs flying time. Being on business class on Boeing 777 was really good, I could stretch my seat to a semi-comfortable bed and sleep. It's about 7500 miles and we could track the flight map on TV, it went up from NJ to above Canada, then over top of Europe then came down to China...
    Anyway, after work today, Friday, I took a cap back to my Renaissance Pudong hotel, took a cold shower and walk to the underground market which is about 5 blocks away (shìittt, it's 95F and 95% humidity, feel like I was in Houston TX). this HUGE underground market is located at the main subway/train station. 90% of what being sold is fabric, clothing, souvenir, Pearl and jade... I came across a golf store and while standing from outside looking in, a Chinese lady , around 30+/- , came out and said "Go in, Go in".. I walked in and saw quite a few TM and Mizuno clubs., much to my surprise I did not see any Ping Cally nor Cobra... She said "give price, give price" ... I did not say anything and she pulled out a calculator ready to make a deal, She handed me a brand new R11 drive and said "Give price, Give price..." Maybe I should have bought a 6i Mizuno and send it to KP... Sorry FD, no Ping for you

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    Well, guys/girls/AC-DC... I got in Shanghai safe and sound, drank lot of red wine and 4 glasses og Baileys on the rock and they knocked me out for 3/4 of 14+ hrs flying time. Being on business class on Boeing 777 was really good, I could stretch my seat to a semi-comfortable bed and sleep. It's about 7500 miles and we could track the flight map on TV, it went up from NJ to above Canada, then over top of Europe then came down to China...
    Anyway, after work today, Friday, I took a cap back to my Renaissance Pudong hotel, took a cold shower and walk to the underground market which is about 5 blocks away (shìittt, it's 95F and 95% humidity, feel like I was in Houston TX). this HUGE underground market is located at the main subway/train station. 90% of what being sold is fabric, clothing, souvenir, Pearl and jade... I came across a golf store and while standing from outside looking in, a Chinese lady , around 30+/- , came out and said "Go in, Go in".. I walked in and saw quite a few TM and Mizuno clubs., much to my surprise I did not see any Ping Cally nor Cobra... She said "give price, give price" ... I did not say anything and she pulled out a calculator ready to make a deal, She handed me a brand new R11 drive and said "Give price, Give price..." Maybe I should have bought a 6i Mizuno and send it to KP... Sorry FD, no Ping for you
    If you're interested in an R11, I would buy a cheap magnet and take it back to that store. If the magnet sticks to the R11 head, it ain't titanium. The other knock-off situation to watch out for is that sometimes the girls really aren't. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    Mizuno is really a huge market in the Asian countries. I was watching a news report the other night about the heat in Japan and how the Japanese were coping with it. Almost every one of the people interviewed were wearing Mizuno clothes.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    Mizuno is really a huge market in the Asian countries. I was watching a news report the other night about the heat in Japan and how the Japanese were coping with it. Almost every one of the people interviewed were wearing Mizuno clothes.
    They make other personal items too. Their condoms feature, in Japanese and English, script running from the base to the tip when unrolled that reads "Grain Flow Forged".

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    They make other personal items too. Their condoms feature, in Japanese and English, script running from the base to the tip when unrolled that reads "Grain Flow Forged".

Here is a picture of breakfast in Shanghai... I just took this (with his permission) about 1/2 hr ago. He's making fresh Chinese noodle from dough every morning.

Enjoy your weekend.. it's 95F and 95% humidity here. Sat morning so I could take time and relax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0176.JPG 
Views:	394 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	2720  

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    If you're interested in an R11, I would buy a cheap magnet and take it back to that store. If the magnet sticks to the R11 head, it ain't titanium. The other knock-off situation to watch out for is that sometimes the girls really aren't. Have fun.
    No, I was not interested in R11... just want to check out what the hell they have... yes, this girl is real with nice lungs

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    BS... Sorry but I believe that you are dead wrong about this... TM has a HUGE market in the Asian countries, I am in Shanghai and I know... most if not all of my Asian colleagues play TM, none plays Adams... The Asians are very big in status symbol, especially in Asia... What interesting is that I see more, much more MB and Audie here than BMW... Buick and Volvo are also doing very well in Shanghai, just a few Lexus, maybe- just maybe the Chinese hates Japs

Thread Information