|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Whats up guys?

Whats up guys?

I've been really busy as of late and haven really had a chance to stop in and see whats up... But... things should get back closer to normal now and i should be around more... So did anyone ever set up that mid-atlantic golf outting thing?

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360 View Post
    I've been really busy as of late and haven really had a chance to stop in and see whats up... But... things should get back closer to normal now and i should be around more... So did anyone ever set up that mid-atlantic golf outting thing?
    I almost deleted this as spam!

Whats up pingman. Hope things are going well.

Quote Originally Posted by pingman360 View Post
    No arrangements for the Mid Atlantic Event yet. Up here in my little corner of the region, it is 99* and heading for 105*. The good news is that the fairways are running pretty fast. The bad news is that the relative humidity is about on par with the temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    No arrangements for the Mid Atlantic Event yet. Up here in my little corner of the region, it is 99* and heading for 105*. The good news is that the fairways are running pretty fast. The bad news is that the relative humidity is about on par with the temperature.
    I played yesterday just after lunch, finishing at 4pm est. Temp in the car when I got done was 102. Humidity was right up there. I am dragging arse today. Miserable. Wife gave approval to golf, but called me an idiot.

Hey mongrel, Ive decided Im going to start messing with graphite/driver pulls and re-shafting. Will need your mad scientist notes and advice. Just a heads up. Cool?

I'm still down for the mid-atlantic challenge. I vote we push it back until fall though. I also vote that we ban weapons from the match...ahem...Mongrel...ahem...its not like we are meeting up in Branson.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    I played yesterday just after lunch, finishing at 4pm est. Temp in the car when I got done was 102. Humidity was right up there. I am dragging arse today. Miserable. Wife gave approval to golf, but called me an idiot.

Hey mongrel, Ive decided Im going to start messing with graphite/driver pulls and re-shafting. Will need your mad scientist notes and advice. Just a heads up. Cool?
    Cool. But when I make notes, they are in mad scientist format and I am old enough that when enough time elapses between the making of the note and the reading of it, the ability to interpret the writing has declined in direct proportion to the amount of time between writing and reading. I was and am pretty meticulous with irons since once I get a set dialed in, I don't want to mess with them for awhile other than to change grips when necessary. Woods are another story. Now that I have the shaft puller, its going to be "musical shafts". If one doesn't work so well in one head, let's try it in another. Feels like a stiff piece of crap in driver, let's see how she does in a three wood. But feel free to consult and I'll be of as much help as I can. (P.S.: I got all my info from other websites. Google is a club fitting miracle.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist View Post
    I'm still down for the mid-atlantic challenge. I vote we push it back until fall though. I also vote that we ban weapons from the match...ahem...Mongrel...ahem...its not like we are meeting up in Branson.
    Isn't Branson where all the Country & Western motif stuff is located? That's too far for me to travel. Fall is good, though. No weapons depends on what course we are playing. I had ex relatives who lived on one of the U.S. Virgin Islands years ago and was told about an incident on the best golf course on the island. A couple of island indigenous peoples killed a couple of tourists (caucasians) with knives. This course was an expensive resort course designed by one of the World Famous Golf Course Architects. This act supposedly killed the tourist industry on the island for a decade or more. Now if I had been with that group that day and had my 15th and 16th clubs in the bag (that would have been .223 and .45 calibers), tourism would have suffered no interuption. Confucious and Indiana Jones agree: "Never bring a knife to a gun fight."

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Isn't Branson where all the Country & Western motif stuff is located? That's too far for me to travel. Fall is good, though. No weapons depends on what course we are playing. I had ex relatives who lived on one of the U.S. Virgin Islands years ago and was told about an incident on the best golf course on the island. A couple of island indigenous peoples killed a couple of tourists (caucasians) with knives. This course was an expensive resort course designed by one of the World Famous Golf Course Architects. This act supposedly killed the tourist industry on the island for a decade or more. Now if I had been with that group that day and had my 15th and 16th clubs in the bag (that would have been .223 and .45 calibers), tourism would have suffered no interuption. Confucious and Indiana Jones agree: "Never bring a knife to a gun fight."
    I think I could handle getting robbed, but you just can't trust criminals to take the money and run anymore. If sketchy dudes walk up to me with knives, I think I will be pulling a 5 iron.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

This is a statement that should never be uttered on GR for fear of ridicule and the immediate suspension of your mancard.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

We would be grateful to find somewhere where the temp is 102 here in Oklahoma. We have had 100+ temps every day this summer and there is no relief in sight. Temps are gauged in the shade, so the usual 105 day for us means it is likely 110-115 in the sun. I have been playing all my rounds in the morning, but temps are still starting in the high 80s and are quickly up near 100 by the time my round ends. It has been a brutal summer and I will be glad to see it end. Fortunately though, my scoring has been WAY better this summer than it was last summer. I am finally breaking into routine 70s with an occasional score in the low 80s. It is actually refreshing whenever I get pissed because I have scored an 80 or 81.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    This is a statement that should never be uttered on GR for fear of ridicule and the immediate suspension of your mancard.
    She keeps his testicals in a jar on the nightstand.....
    team obnoxious
    ===============================================
    WITB: Hybrids. The ones that took FamousDavis down......

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    You are way too nice, OP.

Wife gave approval to golf, but called me an idiot.
    unlike the less reasonable men of GR, I find this to be a mere statement of fact. He did not admit that her approval was necessary for him to go and play; it might have been ancillary. and he did not say he was intimidated by her calling him an idiot. My wife calls me that all the time. Who cares? I'm a GR Man with a card and everything. I will play golf when I want. She can approve or not.

Helmet, I suggest you say nothing more about this and let the doubt give you the right to retain the mancard.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins View Post
    unlike the less reasonable men of GR, I find this to be a mere statement of fact. He did not admit that her approval was necessary for him to go and play; it might have been ancillary. and he did not say he was intimidated by her calling him an idiot. My wife calls me that all the time. Who cares? I'm a GR Man with a card and everything. I will play golf when I want. She can approve or not.

Helmet, I suggest you say nothing more about this and let the doubt give you the right to retain the mancard.
    I think the secret is letting her think she's giving her approval even though you are clearly in control. There is a saying "happy wife means a happy life" which I've found to be true. As long as SWMBO thinks she's calling the shots II can pretty muh play as often as I like, but if I organised something without her knowing about it first she would probably kick up an almighty stink.

P.S> my better half also calls me an idiot regularly. If it makes her feel good I'm ok with it. It's another quirk about women, they like to think they are smart and we are dumb. Look at how many TV commercials portray blokes as being morons. It's a very common advertising strategy.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    I think the secret is letting her think she's giving her approval even though you are clearly in control. There is a saying "happy wife means a happy life" which I've found to be true. As long as SWMBO thinks she's calling the shots II can pretty muh play as often as I like, but if I organised something without her knowing about it first she would probably kick up an almighty stink.

P.S> my better half also calls me an idiot regularly. If it makes her feel good I'm ok with it. It's another quirk about women, they like to think they are smart and we are dumb. Look at how many TV commercials portray blokes as being morons. It's a very common advertising strategy.
    The secret is not marrying her. I'm hanging these days with mostly married couples and my gf. Boy do I get a better deal. In fact, I think my relationship keeps the wives in line a bit, so I'm not having any trouble getting on dance cards.

Not being smug here, noone's suffered through marital hell more than me, it's just that I've donated a few organs through divorce and I'm down to the ones that are vital.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    The secret is not marrying her. I'm hanging these days with mostly married couples and my gf. Boy do I get a better deal. In fact, I think my relationship keeps the wives in line a bit, so I'm not having any trouble getting on dance cards.

Not being smug here, noone's suffered through marital hell more than me, it's just that I've donated a few organs through divorce and I'm down to the ones that are vital.
    I myself have been down the divorce route....its amazing how little you can survive on after you give it all away, oops, I mean court ordered......

I think it also comes down to the individual. Some men are spinless twerps who like being under the thumb of a she-b1tch mommy figure. They enjoy the mindless structure of a clearly defined social ladder, where they are the wage earning slave class, and their wives are their masters.
    Sad really.
    I
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    I think it also comes down to the individual. Some men are spinless twerps who like being under the thumb of a she-b1tch mommy figure. They enjoy the mindless structure of a clearly defined social ladder, where they are the wage earning slave class, and their wives are their masters.
    Sad really.
    I
    I've nwver understood the logic of selling oneself as a beast of burden in return for cooking, cleaning and other mommy type functions. But you not only have to avoid the arrangement, you have to be lucky enough to be with someone who doesn't demand it. I wasn't and there was nothing apparent before marriage that tipped me off. Certainly not her mother or sisters.

Fact is, i'm fine doing everything for myself. I have my gf in her own place, I keep mine exactly the way i like it. When we want to hang together we do. When we want a break from each other we take one. The thing about cooking is when you want them to come over cooking soething awesome overcomes any resistence.

I just wish i'd figured this out in my twenties.
    GR lives...

Funny.. that "vital" organ is usually the first one they go for in a divorce.. if they haven't already whittled it down to size during marriage...
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins View Post
    Funny.. that "vital" organ is usually the first one they go for in a divorce.. if they haven't already whittled it down to size during marriage...

This is a true story. I friend of mine got divorced and his wife stole his clubs while they were sitting in front of the pro shop at the country club. That means she sneaked on and took them. The reason we knew it was her was because someone had seen her pull into the lot and by that date she was no longer a member. She did it for no other reason than spite.

This is also true....the clubs were Ping Eye 2 irons. He had just had Ping send him a new set with the same serial numbers. He ended up buying the Ping i3s and didn't hit them as well.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    This is a true story. I friend of mine got divorced and his wife stole his clubs while they were sitting in front of the pro shop at the country club. That means she sneaked on and took them. The reason we knew it was her was because someone had seen her pull into the lot and by that date she was no longer a member. She did it for no other reason than spite.

This is also true....the clubs were Ping Eye 2 irons. He had just had Ping send him a new set with the same serial numbers. He ended up buying the Ping i3s and didn't hit them as well.
    In the Chicagoland area, in the height of Ping eye 2 bliss, if you drove certain desirable autos, and were seen putting your Pings in the trunk, you could kiss them both goodbye.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

I've nwver understood the logic of selling oneself as a beast of burden in return for cooking, cleaning and other mommy type functions. But you not only have to avoid the arrangement, you have to be lucky enough to be with someone who doesn't demand it. I wasn't and there was nothing apparent before marriage that tipped me off. Certainly not her mother or sisters.

Fact is, i'm fine doing everything for myself. I have my gf in her own place, I keep mine exactly the way i like it. When we want to hang together we do. When we want a break from each other we take one. The thing about cooking is when you want them to come over cooking soething awesome overcomes any resistence.

I just wish i'd figured this out in my twenties.
    That's all well and good now that you're single and the kids are older and virtually off your hands but how would you have arranged things in your twenties if you want to have children? I have friends that had kids with effed up women that they never married but these guys have been thoroughly screwed over financially by these women. Despite being financially taken to the cleaners these b*tches still pull all the strings with regards to the kids giving the guys very limited access and very little say in the custody arrangements. So whilst your description is great for single men with reduced commitment it doesn't work when young kids are involved.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    That's all well and good now that you're single and the kids are older and virtually off your hands but how would you have arranged things in your twenties if you want to have children? I have friends that had kids with effed up women that they never married but these guys have been thoroughly screwed over financially by these women. Despite being financially taken to the cleaners these b*tches still pull all the strings with regards to the kids giving the guys very limited access and very little say in the custody arrangements. So whilst your description is great for single men with reduced commitment it doesn't work when young kids are involved.
    Let him go, Kiwi. He's happy. We all know that Italians have a very fragile psyche. I'd hate for Zo to spiral into another pusssy-induced depression.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

I don't know how I'd have done things differently other than get out sooner. And I'm not immune from doing something stupid in the future, I'm just going through a good phase.
    GR lives...

Not a truer word has been said on this forum. I used to work at the family court and I got to see first hand what damage a vengeful woman (or even an indifferent one) could do to a man when young kids were involved. There were two types of guys at that place, the guys with no kids just getting a divorce who would virtually glide out the door clicking their heels as they skipped away. Butthen there were the guys with young kids, who were utterly broken. Even now I can still spot a guy who got screwed at court by his wife just by the downtrodden look on his face. As someone with young kids myself I know how precarious my situation is, and I'm not ashamed to say I will compromise quite a bit to keep SWMBO happy cause I know the alternative isn't worth thinking about. I also made sure not to hook up with a woman who would be inclined to rip my nuts out in court too which helped. After working there a few years I got a sixth sense for the nut jobs and could see them coming a mileaway.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

After working there a few years I got a sixth sense for the nut jobs and could see them coming a mileaway.
    Any and all women are capable of acting irrational and crazy. Its hardwired into their DNA...not sure if it weakens with menopause or not. Even the most well adjusted women are capable of expressing the crazy gene, even after years of dormancy.

Here is a list for how to turn your significant other into a *****y nut job:
    1-Put a ring on her finger
    2-Buy a house with her
    3-Have kinds with her
    ***those usually can't be avoided, but know you're on dangerous ground***
    4-Start a joint bank account
    5-Give in to her seemingly harmless irrational demands
    6-Get sucked into her drama---Women love to get your blood boiling just to see if they can (they are like internet trolls)...remember that fighting or getting into a heated discussion with your wife is as bad as trying to argue with a child...its pointless and counter productive...stay calm and firm, and remember "because I said so" is probably going to go over better than a longer more rational answer.

Not a truer word has been said on this forum. I used to work at the family court and I got to see first hand what damage a vengeful woman (or even an indifferent one) could do to a man when young kids were involved. There were two types of guys at that place, the guys with no kids just getting a divorce who would virtually glide out the door clicking their heels as they skipped away. Butthen there were the guys with young kids, who were utterly broken. Even now I can still spot a guy who got screwed at court by his wife just by the downtrodden look on his face. As someone with young kids myself I know how precarious my situation is, and I'm not ashamed to say I will compromise quite a bit to keep SWMBO happy cause I know the alternative isn't worth thinking about. I also made sure not to hook up with a woman who would be inclined to rip my nuts out in court too which helped. After working there a few years I got a sixth sense for the nut jobs and could see them coming a mileaway.

This.
    I could have cared less about lot during my divorce, my kids (ages 1 and 4 at the time) were the only thing I cared about. I see them more than the traditional divorce, every other weekend thing, but it still doesnt replace the void. 12 years later and it still tears at me - guess it will never go away. There is alot that I missed and I will never get it back. Very frustrating. I could go on and on.....My kids are now 16 and 13 and I missed out on tons and can never get it back. Pisses me off.

This.
    I could have cared less about lot during my divorce, my kids (ages 1 and 4 at the time) were the only thing I cared about. I see them more than the traditional divorce, every other weekend thing, but it still doesnt replace the void. 12 years later and it still tears at me - guess it will never go away. There is alot that I missed and I will never get it back. Very frustrating. I could go on and on.....My kids are now 16 and 13 and I missed out on tons and can never get it back. Pisses me off.
    I fell for you dude. As I said, I've seen your situation played out more times than I care to remember. I couldn't imagine not seeing ym kids every night. ZI know there are some dead beat dads around, but there are plaenty more good guys who have their lives destroyed on the whim of a psycho.

I fell for you dude. As I said, I've seen your situation played out more times than I care to remember. I couldn't imagine not seeing ym kids every night. ZI know there are some dead beat dads around, but there are plaenty more good guys who have their lives destroyed on the whim of a psycho.
    Thx. I shouldnt have vomited all over the thread with it. My bad. Appreciate your post. I will say just this....the X and I were in a huge argument few years ago (not sure what about)...and she was just being unreasonable....after a few minutes I just got in her face and told her at least she got to tuck OUR kids into bed each night....and to back the F off me. that shut her up.

Thx again NaH.

I've seen this happen to tons of guys. I have had to come to terms with the fact that women are crazy. However, depending on the woman, there are certain things that men can do to make things easier.

The biggest problem I used to have (and still have, but to a lesser extent) is letting my ego run the show. Sometimes it's better just to go with the flow and let her feel like she's making some of the decisions.

The second biggest problem for me was being too sensitive (ego again) and feeling like I had to fight back anytime she said something negative to me. When we see other people not react we think it's mature but, for whatever reason, when it comes to us we always think it's necessary to defend ourselves.

Finally, I find that if I can just do something nice every single day that obviously took some premeditated though then it earns me huge points. Some guys will say "you shouldn't have to earn points". Well, if you want to live in fantasyland then so be it. I lived a long time as a bachelor and don't want to go back...even though my brain often tells me I want to.

So, that's my take on living with women. They are all crazy and some are simply impossible to live with. I feel for you LH and I'm sure did whatever you could to make it work so don't think this is aimed at you in any way. All I'm saying is that I found out for myself that I had to quit swimming upstream.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    I've seen this happen to tons of guys. I have had to come to terms with the fact that women are crazy. However, depending on the woman, there are certain things that men can do to make things easier.

The biggest problem I used to have (and still have, but to a lesser extent) is letting my ego run the show. Sometimes it's better just to go with the flow and let her feel like she's making some of the decisions.

The second biggest problem for me was being too sensitive (ego again) and feeling like I had to fight back anytime she said something negative to me. When we see other people not react we think it's mature but, for whatever reason, when it comes to us we always think it's necessary to defend ourselves.

Finally, I find that if I can just do something nice every single day that obviously took some premeditated though then it earns me huge points. Some guys will say "you shouldn't have to earn points". Well, if you want to live in fantasyland then so be it. I lived a long time as a bachelor and don't want to go back...even though my brain often tells me I want to.

So, that's my take on living with women. They are all crazy and some are simply impossible to live with. I feel for you LH and I'm sure did whatever you could to make it work so don't think this is aimed at you in any way. All I'm saying is that I found out for myself that I had to quit swimming upstream.
    If you can surpass them in maturity and disengage your ego then it is possible to stay ahead of them. But it sure takes alot of work.

Alot of guys can't muster the maturity and have a hard time putting that much effort into it. I had a Rottweiler before I was married. He was pretty good training, I had to stay out in front of him too. But jeez, he was just a dog, it wasn't like he could sue me and take my kids.
    GR lives...

I fell for you dude.
    Really?

Maybe you and LH could take this to a private discussion? We don't want to read all the intimate details!
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Really?

Maybe you and LH could take this to a private discussion? We don't want to read all the intimate details!
    unfortunate typo for sure

I think all of you need psychological help. I'll give you guys the GR standard 10% discount and only charge you $90 an hour.

Thread Information