|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Tiger is back. Now we can watch golf again.

Tiger has returned to PGA Tour golf today and will play in the Fry's Open. Word on the street is that he has signed a deal with Rolex. Quite frankly, Rolex is probably the last sponsor that I would have expected to sign up Tiger Woods. But, it goes to show that greatness can overshadow whatever evils the media unfairly imposes upon a sports figure.

Let's face it, golf without Tiger has been extremely boring to watch on TV. Webb Simpson? Ugh.

Tiger's got a new caddy, a new sponsor and I assume several new high-priced watches. Well, I guess he has no excuse for being late for a tee time.

Tag Hauer is kind of a second-rate watch company anyway. You can buy their products at Costco. I bought a Tag Hauer back in 1994 and the thing quit working after 2 years. I now wear Rolex or nothing.

Now he's ready, with La Cava and Foley and a new Nike putter. Golf is great again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiger.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	2744  

sh$$$t... he has a lot to prove yet... I wonder he's got any c.unts lately because they would help relaxing his muscles...

I would assume Rolex's target market doesn't care about his marital indiscretions. Rolex panders to high rolling egomaniacs who look to trade up wives every couple of years. FD, you seem like a standup guy, but that Rolex on your wrist has me questioning everything about you.
    I have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer. Dark blue face, silver band. It is Swiss made and water proof to 300 meters. The 400 meter version is an extra few hundred. I've only dove about 3 meters wearing this watch.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    I would assume Rolex's target market doesn't care about his marital indiscretions. Rolex panders to high rolling egomaniacs who look to trade up wives every couple of years. FD, you seem like a standup guy, but that Rolex on your wrist has me questioning everything about you.
    I have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer. Dark blue face, silver band. It is Swiss made and water proof to 300 meters. The 400 meter version is an extra few hundred. I've only dove about 3 meters wearing this watch.
    I don't wear a Rolex. Actually, I bought the Tag Hauer back in 1993 or 1994 and it had a dark blue face with blue diving band on top of the face. I never had any clue as to how the meters thing worked. All I know is that it cost around $450 and it quit working after two years. I knew a guy who used his grandfather's Rolex and the thing never stopped working.

His grandfather's Rolex was certainly a hand-wind, whereas yours was likely a battery. I'm not a big watch guy. It will be quite a long time before spending $10,000+ on a watch makes its way into my spending priority.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Welcome back Tiger. You've been missed.

I have a feeling Tiger will just be ok this weekend. If he wants to make some big jumps, he is going to have to drop some lbs. Its no secret he was a lot more durable and flexible in the late 90's when he weighed a buck-sixty. His extra mass and muscles aren't needed, they are only stressing his joints, tightening his ligaments, and hurting his endurance. Tiger needs to cut calories and start getting in some more cardio.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Rolex is the favourite time piece for foreign dictators, drug lords, assasins, spies and American negro rap gansta thugs so it ain't an endorsement likely to be protested by the American Family Council or somesuch. I'm glad Tiger is coming back so that I can watch him on Television. I stopped home for a quick lunch today and caught a little bit of the Euro Tour stop somewhere in a place that looked like Spain. A former US Golf Star, John Daly, is playing the event and as I sat down to eat my Chesseburger, John was eyeing up his second shot over a large pond guarding the 17th green. It is a par 5 and John's drive was in Position Alpha being that he had but a long iron for his approach. They don't tell you too often what the yardage is on those shows but it was probably in the 220-235 range. So John nails his second shot from the light rough and the ball comes up about a yard shot plopping into the agua. Instead of laying up, John, of course, drops another white sphere back a yard or so onto the fairway, takes the same club, and proceeds to hit another beautiful soaring shot that dives into the drink about a yard shorter than the first one. Of course he then drops another and, with the same club, hits it a bit harder and the ball carries the water by a foot and lands hard on top of the stone retaining wall and bounces onto the green maybe 90 feet from the pin. At that point I changed channels. Thankfully Tiger is back.

His grandfather's Rolex was certainly a hand-wind, whereas yours was likely a battery. I'm not a big watch guy. It will be quite a long time before spending $10,000+ on a watch makes its way into my spending priority.
    Your senior SPCC members would be horrified to hear you talking like this. What?...are you saving for college tuition? Get the Rolex, and explain to Jr that if he doesn't get a scholarship, there is a good chance he'll be looking at student loans.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Rolex is the favourite time piece for foreign dictators, drug lords, assasins, spies and American negro rap gansta thugs so it ain't an endorsement likely to be protested by the American Family Council or somesuch. I'm glad Tiger is coming back so that I can watch him on Television. I stopped home for a quick lunch today and caught a little bit of the Euro Tour stop somewhere in a place that looked like Spain. A former US Golf Star, John Daly, is playing the event and as I sat down to eat my Chesseburger, John was eyeing up his second shot over a large pond guarding the 17th green. It is a par 5 and John's drive was in Position Alpha being that he had but a long iron for his approach. They don't tell you too often what the yardage is on those shows but it was probably in the 220-235 range. So John nails his second shot from the light rough and the ball comes up about a yard shot plopping into the agua. Instead of laying up, John, of course, drops another white sphere back a yard or so onto the fairway, takes the same club, and proceeds to hit another beautiful soaring shot that dives into the drink about a yard shorter than the first one. Of course he then drops another and, with the same club, hits it a bit harder and the ball carries the water by a foot and lands hard on top of the stone retaining wall and bounces onto the green maybe 90 feet from the pin. At that point I changed channels. Thankfully Tiger is back.
    WTF...awesome...that is some real life Tin Cup shiat. I only wish more players on the PGA tour had the balls to play like that.

I haven't worn a watch since I was a teenager. Never wore a wedding ring. I just don't relate to wearing jewelry, make-up or playing with dolls. The fact that it's such a wannabe thing makes it even less compelling.

It isn't that I don't do anything feminine, after all cooking isn't chopping wood or cliff diving. It's just that the watch thing seems silly. My cell phone has the time, alarms and noone's going to stop me at gunpoint to take my phone, as happened to one of my partners with his $10,000 Rolex.

If you have a nice watch, help me understand. Do you have certain moves when you saunter into a room so people will notice it? Are you careful to tell everyone what it cost or do you have another way of letting them know? After all, isn't it about trying to impress others? I was talking about this just the other day with one of my friends who's actually pretty famous. If I told you who he was you'd be blown away.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist View Post
    WTF...awesome...that is some real life Tin Cup shiat. I only wish more players on the PGA tour had the balls to play like that.
    In the brief few minutes I saw eating my burger and watching this poignent little vignette, Daly was at -1 when he addressed his second shot on the par 5 18th hole. When I switched channels, he was lying 6 a good 3 or 4 putts from the hole. The guy probably gets sponsor and/or tournament appearance money to play in these foreign events. If this was the last round, I might understand but this is just the first round and primary efforts should be directed towards making the FREAKING CUT. He still has the physical skills necessary to compete but his head makes him nothing but an extremely limber and long-hitting buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    I haven't worn a watch since I was a teenager. Never wore a wedding ring. I just don't relate to wearing jewelry, make-up or playing with dolls. The fact that it's such a wannabe thing makes it even less compelling.

It isn't that I don't do anything feminine, after all cooking isn't chopping wood or cliff diving. It's just that the watch thing seems silly. My cell phone has the time, alarms and noone's going to stop me at gunpoint to take my phone, as happened to one of my partners with his $10,000 Rolex.

If you have a nice watch, help me understand. Do you have certain moves when you saunter into a room so people will notice it? Are you careful to tell everyone what it cost or do you have another way of letting them know? After all, isn't it about trying to impress others? I was talking about this just the other day with one of my friends who's actually pretty famous. If I told you who he was you'd be blown away.
    Richard Simmons?

Tiger is like a washed up boxer who has sacked all the people around him that would tell it like it is and instead surrounded himself with sycophants and yes men who do nothing but kiss his ass and tell him he's still the greatest. Let's not forget it was that great Kiwi Caddie that won 13 of Tigers Majors. Sacking him was a BIG mistake. Without Stevie on the bag Tiger is finished.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Can Joe Pesci handle himself in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Richard Simmons?
    He wrote "blown away", not "blown". So that would be someone like Clint Eastwood.

He wrote "blown away", not "blown". So that would be someone like Clint Eastwood.
    No, I think that would be Jeff Bridges.

No, I think that would be Jeff Bridges.
    Or maybe Kiefer Sutherland. Yeah, he's cool and has a primo collection of guitars.

I wear a watch because you never know when you're going to have to dive 300 meters underwater and know what time it is. Try that with your cell phone, smart guy.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I wear a watch because you never know when you're going to have to dive 300 meters underwater and know what time it is. Try that with your cell phone, smart guy.
    Me too except I only expect to have to dive to 100m.

Now where the f#ck am I?

someone like Clint Eastwood.

I bought Clint Eastwood a glass of milk at Sambo's in Monterey in 1978. He was wearing a white t-shirt, and no Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Me too except I only expect to have to dive to 100m.
    Is that how deep the lakes are at your golf course? I crack myself up.

"GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!"

Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

You could find a Rolex in Shanghai for about $15, which would last about 1 yr...

Looks Like the new Tiger is acting like the old Tiger. Driver is all over the place. I guess he left a sand shot in the bunker. Maybe it's the extra weight of the Rolex?

My submarine has a clock.
    GR lives...

You're the closest, he's very much like Clint without the mole on his lip. It figures a Ping fanboy would hope for Richard Simmons.

If Richard Simmons had been the one who'd met his death hitting my car in Italy I'd have been spared a whole lot of guilt. Probably would have had tee-shirts made up with a picture of him lying there, expired, me next to him holding his head up like a hunter with a trophy.

TP, how did you know he's Italian?
    GR lives...

Tiger has returned to PGA Tour golf today and will play in the Fry's Open. Word on the street is that he has signed a deal with Rolex. Quite frankly, Rolex is probably the last sponsor that I would have expected to sign up Tiger Woods. But, it goes to show that greatness can overshadow whatever evils the media unfairly imposes upon a sports figure.

Let's face it, golf without Tiger has been extremely boring to watch on TV. Webb Simpson? Ugh.

Tiger's got a new caddy, a new sponsor and I assume several new high-priced watches. Well, I guess he has no excuse for being late for a tee time.

Tag Hauer is kind of a second-rate watch company anyway. You can buy their products at Costco. I bought a Tag Hauer back in 1994 and the thing quit working after 2 years. I now wear Rolex or nothing.

Now he's ready, with La Cava and Foley and a new Nike putter. Golf is great again.
    LOL - FD, if you want to see tiger you might want to take tomorrow off and spend your day watching the golf channel. It's not looking like he will make the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts View Post
    I bought Clint Eastwood a glass of milk at Sambo's in Monterey in 1978. He was wearing a white t-shirt, and no Rolex.
    One of the great things about being a Mayor is that you never have to know what time it is. You have underlings and have-arounds to ensure you are where you need to be and when you need to be there. Go ahead and contradict that. Make my day.

You're the closest, he's very much like Clint without the mole on his lip. It figures a Ping fanboy would hope for Richard Simmons.

If Richard Simmons had been the one who'd met his death hitting my car in Italy I'd have been spared a whole lot of guilt. Probably would have had tee-shirts made up with a picture of him lying there, expired, me next to him holding his head up like a hunter with a trophy.

TP, how did you know he's Italian?
    If it was he who ran into you, you would have risked getting fairy goo all over you and the car. That sh*t can be contageous.

Looks Like the new Tiger is acting like the old Tiger. Driver is all over the place. I guess he left a sand shot in the bunker. Maybe it's the extra weight of the Rolex?
    I just checked the PGA website and Tiger's average driving distance threough 16 holes is 257 yards. Damn, I can do that. But not when its cold, soggy and raining. The Tour screwed up and should have slotted him an early time this morning so he could be at 3-5 under with the leaders. They know what the weather patterns are like in northern Kalifornia this time of year. Tomorrow will be perfect all day and he will M/C by 1 or 2 strokes and They will be extremely sorry for the gallery and ratings will travel clockwise down the dumper. Isn't it counter-clockwise in Australia and New Zealand?

Go ahead and contradict that. Make my day.

In '78 he wasn't mayor yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts View Post
    In '78 he wasn't mayor yet.
    ....Swell.....

I just checked the PGA website and Tiger's average driving distance threough 16 holes is 257 yards. Damn, I can do that. But not when its cold, soggy and raining. The Tour screwed up and should have slotted him an early time this morning so he could be at 3-5 under with the leaders. They know what the weather patterns are like in northern Kalifornia this time of year. Tomorrow will be perfect all day and he will M/C by 1 or 2 strokes and They will be extremely sorry for the gallery and ratings will travel clockwise down the dumper. Isn't it counter-clockwise in Australia and New Zealand?
    Nup! Old wives tale. Just checked and it's definitely clockwise.

Having said that it could be different in Australia. A lot of things in Aussie are backwards compared to the rest of the world.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    LOL - FD, if you want to see tiger you might want to take tomorrow off and spend your day watching the golf channel. It's not looking like he will make the cut.
    Does he still get all the appearance money if he doesn't make the cut?

Kiwi, I know toilets spiral the opposite direction down there than up here.
    GR lives...

Well my toilet doesn't really spiral at all (like your American/European toilets) it just flushes straight down and out but I tested it by letting water down the sink and it was definitely clockwise. Of course I'm upside down relative to you guys so it would probably appear counter clockwise to you.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Well my toilet doesn't really spiral at all (like your American/European toilets) it just flushes straight down and out but I tested it by letting water down the sink and it was definitely clockwise. Of course I'm upside down relative to you guys so it would probably appear counter clockwise to you.
    It's the Coreolis Effect. I learned this back when I was administering swirlies in college.
    GR lives...

Tiger reminds me of David Duval who shot 59 (only 4 can do it in PGA tourneys) then lost his skills after that. Tiger's stance is quite different now, IMO. he seems to lean forward more and his back swing looks funny IMO, does not mean not effective, it just looks funny like a normal weekend player

It isn't that I don't do anything feminine, after all cooking isn't chopping wood or cliff diving. .
    You are... the most INTERESTING man in the world.

there is plenty of intrinsic masculinity of the great manly traditions of Molto Mario and the Food Network's Ken and Steve... or was it Adam and Steve?

although they do have some hotness there. Giada.
    Cleveland long clubs
    Adams Idea Pro irons
    Vokey and Cleveland wedges

I don't know? But he's tearing it up! He's -1 for the day through 2 holes. He's now 1 stroke above the cut line. The drama builds!

I don't know? But he's tearing it up! He's -1 for the day through 2 holes. He's now 1 stroke above the cut line. The drama builds!
    Saw that. I just got back in from a work road trip. So now I will have to keep checking in on the PGA site until I get home and kick the old lady and dog off the sofa and punch up Golf Channel. If it doesn't rain, I say he makes it. If a front comes in and its like yesterday afternoon, he'll have a free weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by daveperkins View Post
    You are... the most INTERESTING man in the world.

there is plenty of intrinsic masculinity of the great manly traditions of Molto Mario and the Food Network's Ken and Steve... or was it Adam and Steve?

although they do have some hotness there. Giada.

It's long been a fantasy of mine to bang her from behind in her house in Malibu while we're looking out at the ocean and she's cooking ravioli.
    GR lives...

Saw that. I just got back in from a work road trip. So now I will have to keep checking in on the PGA site until I get home and kick the old lady and dog off the sofa and punch up Golf Channel. If it doesn't rain, I say he makes it. If a front comes in and its like yesterday afternoon, he'll have a free weekend.
    Back to even on 13. He went beach to beach and couldn't convert a 6 footer. His putter needs to heat up or he'll be trunk slamming.

Back to even on 13. He went beach to beach and couldn't convert a 6 footer. His putter needs to heat up or he'll be trunk slamming.
    It's truly pathetic to watch him try and play golf with that putter and without Stevie. I'm beginning to realize I just don't enjoy watching a tournament unless Stevie's in it.

Like I want to watch Keegan Bradley's caddie. Please.
    GR lives...

It's truly pathetic to watch him try and play golf with that putter and without Stevie. I'm beginning to realize I just don't enjoy watching a tournament unless Stevie's in it.

Like I want to watch Keegan Bradley's caddie. Please.
    Not to mention the post round interviews. Nobody can touch Stevie when he's accounting how great he caddied. His elaboration of clubbing the "player," calling off a shot, or reading a putt is inspiring.

Tiger's on fire! he just birdied 14, 15 and 16! He's 3 under. FD would be soooo proud.

Not to mention the post round interviews. Nobody can touch Stevie when he's accounting how great he caddied. His elaboration of clubbing the "player," calling off a shot, or reading a putt is inspiring.

Tiger's on fire! he just birdied 14, 15 and 16! He's 3 under. FD would be soooo proud.
    It's his Indian Summer before a long, cold winter.
    GR lives...

It's his Indian Summer before a long, cold winter.
    Tiger's getting old and only has a few good holes per day left in him. He's going to blow his wad and end up face down, half naked somewhere on the second 9. Either that or he'll just coast in twatting to his fans.

Tiger's getting old and only has a few good holes per day left in him. He's going to blow his wad and end up face down, half naked somewhere on the second 9. Either that or he'll just coast in twatting to his fans.

It's not like this is a tough field by PGA Tour standards. I see him guest judging Iron Chef in the near term, then as a contestant on Dancing With The Stars. Can't wait to see him pandering to the audience to call in and vote for him by miming holding a phone up to his face while smiling wide-eyed and nodding.

His long term goal is to nail all the Kardashian women. Since he's black it shouldn't be that difficult.
    GR lives...

It's not like this is a tough field by PGA Tour standards. I see him guest judging Iron Chef in the near term, then as a contestant on Dancing With The Stars. Can't wait to see him pandering to the audience to call in and vote for him by miming holding a phone up to his face while smiling wide-eyed and nodding.

His long term goal is to nail all the Kardashian women. Since he's black it shouldn't be that difficult.
    I'd think Tiger would have enough sense to keep his flashlight out of those caves.

Well, I guess he made the cut. Even though he'll be miles back from the contenders, we'll have to watch every minute of each of his rounds. Without Stevie he has no chance. Why even bother showing that has-been.

Well, I guess he made the cut. Even though he'll be miles back from the contenders, we'll have to watch every minute of each of his rounds. Without Stevie he has no chance. Why even bother showing that has-been.
    He shot 68 and is 7 behind Casey and 5 behind a couple of others. I got to see him hit two 3 woods to the green of his last hole, a 560+ yard par 5, and two putt. Looked pretty solid to me.

Why wouldn't you show the guy who's 4 strokes behind Billy Mayfair?
    GR lives...

He shot 68 and is 7 behind Casey and 5 behind a couple of others. I got to see him hit two 3 woods to the green of his last hole, a 560+ yard par 5, and two putt. Looked pretty solid to me.
    Let's see; he's tied with the follow well known players:
    Lee Janzen
    George McNeill
    Matt Bettencourt
    Louis Oosthuizen
    John Merrick
    Josh Teater
    Arjun Atwal
    Jeff Maggert
    Scott Piercy
    Heath Slocum
    Todd Hamilton
    Michael Thompson
    Sunghoon Kang
    Fabian Gomez
    David Hearn

That's some serious fire power there. If Rocco Mediate plays well they can be paired together. As 'zo mentioned, there really isn't anyone there that is a contender.

About time Tiger got rid of that cheap chinese sweat shop ping knock off and got himself a real putter.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Tied for 38th after the 3rd round against a weak field that KP would have been licking his chops to beat up.

Tied for 38th after the 3rd round against a weak field that KP would have been licking his chops to beat up.
    It'snot about him winning, I think the real plus is that he made the cut so golf fans have something worth watching over the weekend. It's been a long time since we've had saturation coverage of a round of a guy back in mid field. That's waht Tiger brings to the table. Even when's he not on he's still the most exciting player in the field. All the talk about Tiger over the weekend will back that up. IMO there have only been two other players who bring what Tiger brings during my time watching golf. Norman and Seve. Neither has the winning ratio and major resume to rival Tiger, but both those guys created an air of excitement around tourneys they were in. Just like Tiger does now. Where ever they played it was always big galleries, back page news and cameras following their every shot. There were guys with better records like Faldo and Watson over the years, but nobody had the wow factor that Seve, Norman and Tiger had/have. At least not in the 30 odd years I've been following the game. It's why it's so important for Tiger to rediscover his game and become the alpha male of the tour again. The game needs him until the next big thing comes along, which doesn't look like happening any time soon.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 10-09-2011 at 04:04 AM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    It'snot about him winning, I think the real plus is that he made the cut so golf fans have something worth watching over the weekend. It's been a long time since we've had saturation coverage of a round of a guy back in mid field. That's waht Tiger brings to the table. Even when's he not on he's still the most exciting player in the field. All the talk about Tiger over the weekend will back that up. IMO there have only been two other players who bring what Tiger brings during my time watching golf. Norman and Seve. Neither has the winning ratio and major resume to rival Tiger, but both those guys created an air of excitement around tourneys they were in. Just like Tiger does now. Where ever they played it was always big galleries, back page news and cameras following their every shot. There were guys with better records like Faldo and Watson over the years, but nobody had the wow factor that Seve, Norman and Tiger had/have. At least not in the 30 odd years I've been following the game. It's why it's so important for Tiger to rediscover his game and become the alpha male of the tour again. The game needs him until the next big thing comes along, which doesn't look like happening any time soon.

This tournament was a perfect example of the difference between watching a tournament with Tiger and watching one without. When Woods starts making a run (like he did today on the first 9) you can feel the excitement. It has nothing to do with jumping on the bandwagon or liking him because he's popular. It becomes something compelling to watch. I thought the playoff was great. Norman had a similar effect on the audience but not to the same degree. Golf after Nicklaus and before Norman was almost unbearable to watch.

This tournament was a perfect example of the difference between watching a tournament with Tiger and watching one without. When Woods starts making a run (like he did today on the first 9) you can feel the excitement. It has nothing to do with jumping on the bandwagon or liking him because he's popular. It becomes something compelling to watch. I thought the playoff was great. Norman had a similar effect on the audience but not to the same degree. Golf after Nicklaus and before Norman was almost unbearable to watch.
    Let's us see. Tiger shot 4 under, the winner shot 7 under par. For tiger to win he needed to card a 57. Wtf are you smoking? He was out of the event after the second round and dead out the third round. Your tiger teed off the back side for christ sake. The back side. You get that? The only reason you think he made the tournament better is because you love to watch tiger. At this point KP is better than Tiger. At least he can beat up on a weak field.

For me, Payne Stewart was always my favorite pro to watch. That silky smooth swing was beautiful. I had a hard time for a while watching golf after he died. I rather enjoy watching Luke Donald now. He is very consistent and a thinker. Watching Tiger is like watching Tony Romo play quarterback. He is brilliant or very bad. I enjoy watching golf with or without Tiger, probably more so without him. If the news media would hype up someone besides TW. Everyone would jump on that bandwagon next. There are just too many good golf shots from too many good pros to single out one has been who for a few pieces of A## threw his greatness out the window. I think in a gentlemans game if indeed golf still is a gentlemens game, Tiger should be banned.

TEN shots back..........

Uh, your boy finished TEN shots back from a guy named Molder-and there was several players in between that aren't usually contenders. How exactly to you figure that he's back? Playing? Well yeah I guess he is, but he isn't gonna reel off wins like he did before-it just ain't gonna happen, dream on. And when you say 'we'....do you have a turd in your pocket, or what? I've been watching the whole time, I'm a REAL GOLF FAN!
    PS-tell me, if you ever play on Sunday, do you wear a red shirt just like your hero? A wood fan is funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by huskyhater View Post
    Uh, your boy finished TEN shots back from a guy named Molder-and there was several players in between that aren't usually contenders. How exactly to you figure that he's back? Playing? Well yeah I guess he is, but he isn't gonna reel off wins like he did before-it just ain't gonna happen, dream on. And when you say 'we'....do you have a turd in your pocket, or what? I've been watching the whole time, I'm a REAL GOLF FAN!
    PS-tell me, if you ever play on Sunday, do you wear a red shirt just like your hero? A wood fan is funny to me.
    Just remember Tiger's only problem is the mental issue now...Finishing Top 30 and 7 under par is helping him alot.

1 or 2 more tournaments like this and his ego will be full,and his feel will be back knowing he is top10 on any tournament again.

Regarding the Red shirt: According to psychologists Red Is the most INTIMIDATING color there is. pare that up with a winning mental game and an obviously good physical game and you got your winner....

PS I think Tiger also needs a few more 19th holes like he used to have,as part of his treatment on bringing his mental game back....
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Just remember Tiger's only problem is the mental issue now...Finishing Top 30 and 7 under par is helping him alot.

1 or 2 more tournaments like this and his ego will be full,and his feel will be back knowing he is top10 on any tournament again.

Regarding the Red shirt: According to psychologists Red Is the most INTIMIDATING color there is. pare that up with a winning mental game and an obviously good physical game and you got your winner....

PS I think Tiger also needs a few more 19th holes like he used to have,as part of his treatment on bringing his mental game back....
    Yah, like Tiger doesn't realize that 2 tier players outscored him by 10 shots.That's not going to help his ego. If there was stiff competition, he wouldn't have made the cut. He's not stupid; he understands all of this. It was a way for Tiger to play on Saturday and Sunday. Basically a nod to his sponsors.

He's back playing again. That's pretty obvious, isn't it? Hey, if you prefer watching Briney Baird I understand. I just don't understand guys like you who walk around talking about the sports figures they hate. Get a life.

Yah, like Tiger doesn't realize that 2 tier players outscored him by 10 shots.That's not going to help his ego. If there was stiff competition, he wouldn't have made the cut. He's not stupid; he understands all of this. It was a way for Tiger to play on Saturday and Sunday. Basically a nod to his sponsors.
    In the post round interview, Eldrick laughed as though he didn't care about his performance. That's a really bad sign for him. It's as though he's come to accept that he's become a sideshow and is destined to stay that way. Which is ok because Americans just love sideshows. Think about who gets media attention these days. From politics to sports to reality shows, the freaks get the focus.

Frankly, I'm down on America for voting that hot Orange County babe off of Dancing With The Stars, basically because she's led a fairly normal life compared to the others. Seriously, they keep a child star who's in the middle of a sex change who can't dance at all and 86 the hot, sexy, young girl I'd love to bang. What's in God's name is wrong with this place?
    GR lives...

In the post round interview, Eldrick laughed as though he didn't care about his performance. That's a really bad sign for him. It's as though he's come to accept that he's become a sideshow and is destined to stay that way. Which is ok because Americans just love sideshows. Think about who gets media attention these days. From politics to sports to reality shows, the freaks get the focus.

Frankly, I'm down on America for voting that hot Orange County babe off of Dancing With The Stars, basically because she's led a fairly normal life compared to the others. Seriously, they keep a child star who's in the middle of a sex change who can't dance at all and 86 the hot, sexy, young girl I'd love to bang. What's in God's name is wrong with this place?
    You completely lost me here. Dancing With the Stars? I have no clue what you are talking about but then I only watch on-demand netflix and movies for the most part.... But then I'm totally lost when someone makes a reference to a commercial. (please don't tell us that you Tivo Dancing With the Stars. It will crush Big Dave's image of you.)

It's good that you're rounding out your less mescaline side with cooking and dancing shows.

I don't think he's laughing about the performance. He's trying to be a nicer Tiger Woods to the media. You could tell he couldn't wait to get out of there and quit interviewing with that schlep of an announcer. I thought it was great how the interviewer asked him about the quality of his play that week and all Tiger said was "oh yeah, this is a great event". Tiger won't play the game of regurgitating the same crap every other player spews when interviewed. You've got to respect him for that. Instead, he treats the press like they are a disease. Which they are.

You completely lost me here. Dancing With the Stars? I have no clue what you are talking about but then I only watch on-demand netflix and movies for the most part.... But then I'm totally lost when someone makes a reference to a commercial. (please don't tell us that you Tivo Dancing With the Stars. It will crush Big Dave's image of you.)

It's good that you're rounding out your less mescaline side with cooking and dancing shows.
    That's right, no male insecurity here. I dig chicks and cooking and am proud to admit it. Have you noticed the top shelf p.ussy the name chefs have been banging these days?

But I also appreciate fine culture. In Italia, it's food and the arts. Literature, painting, architecture and cuisine. In the US, to study the culture, you have to watch a reality show.

I initially got forced into this by a gf but found myself taping them. You have to tape it, half the show is garbage and commercials. It's best to fast forward to the clumsy falls, interviews with washed up stars scratching and clawing for more attention and public displays of extreme, cutting-edge homosexuality.
    GR lives...

I don't think he's laughing about the performance. He's trying to be a nicer Tiger Woods to the media. You could tell he couldn't wait to get out of there and quit interviewing with that schlep of an announcer. I thought it was great how the interviewer asked him about the quality of his play that week and all Tiger said was "oh yeah, this is a great event". Tiger won't play the game of regurgitating the same crap every other player spews when interviewed. You've got to respect him for that. Instead, he treats the press like they are a disease. Which they are.

I had a different take. I saw someone who's always felt above everyone but has come to realize most people now look down at him. He's feeling such a high level of humiliation it manifests in defensive laughter. I seriously feel bad for him. He can't play anymore but he not ready to quit. Although it won't be long because I can't see him taking much more of this.
    GR lives...

That's right, no male insecurity here. I dig chicks and cooking and am proud to admit it. Have you noticed the top shelf p.ussy the name chefs have been banging these days?

But I also appreciate fine culture. In Italia, it's food and the arts. Literature, painting, architecture and cuisine. In the US, to study the culture, you have to watch a reality show.

I initially got forced into this by a gf but found myself taping them. You have to tape it, half the show is garbage and commercials. It's best to fast forward to the clumsy falls, interviews with washed up stars scratching and clawing for more attention and public displays of extreme, cutting-edge homosexuality.
    That's pretty said when you have to turn to Dancing With the Stars to get your cultural fix, really sad actually.

That's pretty said when you have to turn to Dancing With the Stars to get your cultural fix, really sad actually.

Extremely sad, but it's where America is truly on display. The only other thing I can think of is a close-up of drunk spectator with face paint at an NFL game.
    GR lives...

Extremely sad, but it's where America is truly on display.
    At least from a So Cal's perspective.

He's back playing again. That's pretty obvious, isn't it? Hey, if you prefer watching Briney Baird I understand. I just don't understand guys like you who walk around talking about the sports figures they hate. Get a life.
    Hey stud as a matter of fact I DO prefer to watch Briny Baird, he's not an arrogant jerk-and he's a better golfer than wood. And its not the sports figures I hate, its their clueless followers. Have a good one jock sniffer-don't let tiger turn too quick, your nose might get broke.

At least from a So Cal's perspective.

OK, name something else then. What depicts or typifies American culture? Fast food? Farting? Bombing for oil? Long, expensive hopeless wars that accomplish nothing? Obesity? Jerry Springer? What else?
    GR lives...

Like a disease, wow.............Arnold and Jack were both nice to the press-and they were treated well by the press. But they had a certain thing called class, something wood knows nothing of. You think the racist would grant a mature interview if the announcer was black?
    Also, nice to see Stevie enjoying life again, he simply couldn't take it (woods' crap) anymore.

Extremely sad, but it's where America is truly on display. The only other thing I can think of is a close-up of drunk spectator with face paint at an NFL game.
    Or you could also walk into any fast food store or all-you-can-eat buffet from 11 am to 7 pm on a weekend and take a gander at what the medical world describes as "The Morbidly Obese".

Briny Baird is one of those journeymen with an "L" permanently etched on his forehead. Now to another part of the Globe, I was glad to see Young Fowler bag his first W albeit in the land of kim chee and Hyundai. Doesn't matter where you pop your cherry, just that its popped.

Like a disease, wow.............Arnold and Jack were both nice to the press-and they were treated well by the press. But they had a certain thing called class, something wood knows nothing of. You think the racist would grant a mature interview if the announcer was black?
    Also, nice to see Stevie enjoying life again, he simply couldn't take it (woods' crap) anymore.
    dee dop baloo bop
    Last edited by famousdavis; 10-10-2011 at 06:48 PM.

OK, name something else then. What depicts or typifies American culture? Fast food? Farting? Bombing for oil? Long, expensive hopeless wars that accomplish nothing? Obesity? Jerry Springer? What else?
    You mean on TV? I don't know. I don't waste my time watching it. Just got to a local bar, mall, golf course, grocery store, etc. if you want to experience American culture. You're mistaking celeb's life for real life.

BTW - have you heard Jacques Pepin is stumping his new series/book "Essential Pepin?"

You mean on TV? I don't know. I don't waste my time watching it. Just got to a local bar, mall, golf course, grocery store, etc. if you want to experience American culture. You're mistaking celeb's life for real life.

BTW - have you heard Jacques Pepin is stumping his new series/book "Essential Pepin?"
    No, I wasn't referring just to TV. There's very little farting on TV, although it is where Americans spend most of their free time. So to ignore it would create a false impression.

I've been meaning to get the book. The contrast between classical dishes from 30-60 years ago to today is extreme and I understand Essential Pepin is his attempt to modernize and resurrect those classical dishes. I'm interested to see how he creates that bridge.

Do you know if the series has started?
    GR lives...

No, I wasn't referring just to TV. There's very little farting on TV, although it is where Americans spend most of their free time. So to ignore it would create a false impression.

I've been meaning to get the book. The contrast between classical dishes from 30-60 years ago to today is extreme and I understand Essential Pepin is his attempt to modernize and resurrect those classical dishes. I'm interested to see how he creates that bridge.

Do you know if the series has started?
    Since he's stumping it on NPR and other liberal minded places, then I would guess it's starting this fall.

It looks like Bay area has it on starting this week. So Cal or Oregon doesn't list it. Stay tuned. It was produced in the Bay area so I guess it makes sense.

Speaking of cook's getting tail. I bet he had no problem.

Since he's stumping it on NPR and other liberal minded places, then I would guess it's starting this fall.

It looks like Bay area has it on starting this week. So Cal or Oregon doesn't list it. Stay tuned. It was produced in the Bay area so I guess it makes sense.

Speaking of cook's getting tail. I bet he had no problem.
    Assuming he's of average height for a Frenchman, I'm guessing he carried a ladder with him wherever he went.
    GR lives...

Hey stud as a matter of fact I DO prefer to watch Briny Baird, he's not an arrogant jerk-and he's a better golfer than wood. And its not the sports figures I hate, its their clueless followers. Have a good one jock sniffer-don't let tiger turn too quick, your nose might get broke.
    Both of those statements are so telling that there is no need to respond. You've got issues.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbnRL

OK ! Who was it ? Confess...

I think a couple of posters are onto something about what Tiger needs to do now to get his mental strength back. He needs to start banging skanks again. It obviously pumps him up and gives the feeling of superiority he needs to dominate the fields. He also needs to start the fist pumping and disdain for the media. Tiger's so caled arrogance is what gave him an edge. When he was on top of the world banging skanks and winning majors he knew he was the best, but more importantly he knew that everyone else knew too.I'm still not sure if he will get it back, but physically he is back to tip top so it's just the mental side where he needs to get his shitt together, and going back to waht he did when he was the man is key.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    I think a couple of posters are onto something about what Tiger needs to do now to get his mental strength back. He needs to start banging skanks again. It obviously pumps him up and gives the feeling of superiority he needs to dominate the fields. He also needs to start the fist pumping and disdain for the media. Tiger's so caled arrogance is what gave him an edge. When he was on top of the world banging skanks and winning majors he knew he was the best, but more importantly he knew that everyone else knew too.I'm still not sure if he will get it back, but physically he is back to tip top so it's just the mental side where he needs to get his shitt together, and going back to waht he did when he was the man is key.
    A few tournament rounds under par a few 19th holes, a few fist pumps and before we know it he has 20 majors on his name.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    A few tournament rounds under par a few 19th holes, a few fist pumps and before we know it he has 20 majors on his name.
    Yah, sure, click your hills together and you'll be back home. Doesn't always work like you've mentioned and time will tell. I think he will have to find a different way to get the job done. More of Luke Donald or Furyk approach of dissecting the course and executing a precise plan. The days for him are gone when he could just muscle up and go for it. Even if all of you think he is in top physical condition, he knows his knee is one bad swing away from hobbling around on a bum knee.

3 straight rounds of 14/18 greens hit. It's a baby step, but it's something he can build on at least. He's always going to be a s.hitty driver and has been since driver heads got bigger and moved to graphite. Doesn't really matter where you hit it to as long as you can get it to the green on the next shot and still have a putt for birdie, no worse than par.

Tiger won by hitting greens and making putts. When he didn't hit greens, he made up for it with a great short game and putting. He seemed to always be up in the top 10 or better for GIR and putting. 7th or tied for 7th in birdies is an improvement too.
    2-0-1 in GR stroke play

Thread Information