|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Presidents Cup Pairings Released

I just saw the pairings for day 1. Stevie Williams will be facing Tiger Woods on day 1.
    I love that the captains had the balls to do that.
    It will be Tiger/Stricter vs. Stevie/Choi

I've got pretty high expectations since Tiger seems to have found a bit of form while Williams has had a very solid year. I just hope the other boring dead weight players in the match like Steve Khaki Sticker, KJ Boring Asian Choi and Adam Stevie-Robot Scott stay out of the way and let the true stars have their deserved spotlight.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    I just saw the pairings for day 1. Stevie Williams will be facing Tiger Woods on day 1.
    I love that the captains had the balls to do that.
    It will be Tiger/Stricter vs. Stevie/Choi

I've got pretty high expectations since Tiger seems to have found a bit of form while Williams has had a very solid year. I just hope the other boring dead weight players in the match like Steve Khaki Sticker, KJ Boring Asian Choi and Adam Stevie-Robot Scott stay out of the way and let the true stars have their deserved spotlight.
    Aside from wanting to see Tiger whip Stevie's whiny butt, I expect to see the Aussies and Saffies crush the opposition. The home team deserves to win this one big.

Good pairing. I have a feeling that Stevie and Tiger might reignite the old flame. It happened to me with the same girl 3 times in college. We'd break up, avoid each other, then bump into each other and things would start cooking again.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I've never liked Fred Couples. Even though Norman is a huge choker, I like the guy's attitude. He never makes excuses and always speaks his mind.
    I'll root for the Aussies minus Allenby. Not a big fan of Koreans or Afrikaners either. Still, I will be rooting for Team RoW.
    I get the hate for Couples, but I love the swing and those Eccos...once you go Ecco, you never go back.
    The views expressed by The Purist do not necessarily represent the views of The Purist. Any posts by the Purist should not be relied upon for truth or accuracy, and should be viewed at your own risk.

I've never liked Fred Couples. Even though Norman is a huge choker, I like the guy's attitude. He never makes excuses and always speaks his mind.
    I'll root for the Aussies minus Allenby. Not a big fan of Koreans or Afrikaners either. Still, I will be rooting for Team RoW.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

This thing was already a turkey shoot and now this. Stevie's gonna step on Tiger's lines and kick his ass around the course. That is if Adam Scott can just follow his damn instructions.

No patching up this one. One guy has no forgiveness in him, the other covered for his p.ussy for years and hurled a possible racial slur. This time it's personal.
    GR lives...

I agree. As I've postulated before, I believe that Stevie and Tiger are still together and that each of the moves has been calculated by the mastermind Stevie.
    Follow along if you can...

1.) Stevie orchestrates the "low point." You can't move up without reaching rock bottom, and it wasn't coming naturally. Stevie is fired callously by Woods, and the public distain for Woods has bottomed out.

2) Stevie's speech after victory deflected negative attention from Tiger, and made him a sympathetic figure.

3) Stevie makes another disparaging comment of Woods that he leaks to the media. Tiger takes high road which further elevates the public perception of Woods.

4) The Redemption. Tiger smashes the Stevie-controlled Scott multiple times over the Presidents Cup. Stevie and Tiger hug after it's over. Stevie fires Adam Scott and hires Tiger. Tiger starts dominating again.
    I like the way you think. You should be running a PR business. Why don't you ditch your Kentucky gig and become a real playa.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purist View Post
    Good pairing. I have a feeling that Stevie and Tiger might reignite the old flame. It happened to me with the same girl 3 times in college. We'd break up, avoid each other, then bump into each other and things would start cooking again.
    I agree. As I've postulated before, I believe that Stevie and Tiger are still together and that each of the moves has been calculated by the mastermind Stevie.
    Follow along if you can...

1.) Stevie orchestrates the "low point." You can't move up without reaching rock bottom, and it wasn't coming naturally. Stevie is fired callously by Woods, and the public distain for Woods has bottomed out.

2) Stevie's speech after victory deflected negative attention from Tiger, and made him a sympathetic figure.

3) Stevie makes another disparaging comment of Woods that he leaks to the media. Tiger takes high road which further elevates the public perception of Woods.

4) The Redemption. Tiger smashes the Stevie-controlled Scott multiple times over the Presidents Cup. Stevie and Tiger hug after it's over. Stevie fires Adam Scott and hires Tiger. Tiger starts dominating again.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Well, who else do Americans ever have to congratulate them but themselves? The encampments of Occupy Various Places signals their doom. But as they fantasize about, well, fantasy, they cannot see it.

Your spanking begins in mere hours. Pull 'em down we've got your reconciliation right here. (Sandusky reference).
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Well, who else do Americans ever have to congratulate them but themselves? The encampments of Occupy Various Places signals their doom. But as they fantasize about, well, fantasy, they cannot see it.

Your spanking begins in mere hours. Pull 'em down we've got your reconciliation right here. (Sandusky reference).
    Freddy has always struck me as maybe a tad light in his Ecco's. I hear the captain gets to pick the on-course sustenance for his team and word has it that, in keeping with the spirit of au courrant", the sandwich du jour is to be provided by MacDonalds's The new McSandusky. One old piece of meat between two tender buns.

Regarding the Occupy movements, Sandusky was the charter member and original organizer of the State College Chapter of the OBA. Occupy Boy's Anus.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Regarding the Occupy movements, Sandusky was the charter member and original organizer of the State College Chapter of the OBA. Occupy Boy's Anus.
    ROTFLMAO.......oh man, that's just wrong
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

I've got read up on these Occupy Whatever people. I cannot for the life of me figure out what they are protesting.

I really hope the that the Int'l Team beats down the soulless boring US team.
    It's been a long time coming, but the rest of the world grooms its junior players much better than we do. It's starting to show in the professional ranks, and should continue to trend that way for the forseeable future.
    A good Sanduskying is exactly what's needed in this Presidents Cup to get people to wake about American golf.
    Someone needs to put a charge up the @ss of American Junior Golf.
    There is a deep tradition of Sanduskying in Europe that goes back to the Greeks. It's practically accepted over there. Australia, as former prison colony, was basically a country born out of Sanduskying.
    Let's face some facts, sometimes you Sandusky, sometimes you get Sanduskyed. And when you're on the receiving end, don't just cry in the shower, make sure you learn something.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

I've got read up on these Occupy Whatever people. I cannot for the life of me figure out what they are protesting.

It's been a long time coming, but the rest of the world grooms its junior players much better than we do. It's starting to show in the professional ranks, and should continue to trend that way for the forseeable future.
    A good Sanduskying is exactly what's needed in this Presidents Cup to get people to wake about American golf.
    There is a deep tradition of Sanduskying in Europe that goes back to the Greeks. It's practically accepted over there. Australia, as former prison colony, was basically a country born out of Sanduskying.
    Let's face some facts, sometimes you Sandusky, sometimes you get Sanduskyed. And when you're on the receiving end, don't just cry in the shower, make sure you learn something.
    Couples had a few words to say to several members of the team late last night. As you can see his pep talk was short and to the point.

To Bubba Watson: "Bubba, play however you want but I will bench you if you attempt to celebrate a good shot like you did last year at the Ryder Cup. You sounded like an elephant giving birth to sextuplettes"

To Tiger: "You've still got Stevie's old cell phone with the texts, right?"

To Mickelson: "Nobody wanted to be paired with you so I put you with Haas. When you two are talking it'd be great if you could limit the discussion about yourself to only 98%. I know that's asking a lot"

To Furyck: "Watch Mickelson. At some point this week that idiot is going to do or say something stupid"

To Kuchar: "keep your hat on and your mouth shut and everything should be allright".

To Simpson: "you're on the team?"

Well played. Although rooting for either side based on liklihood of winning should be reserved for Italians and people of dual citizenship.

You should have to root for the U.S.
    GR lives...

Well played. Although rooting for either side based on liklihood of winning should be reserved for Italians and people of dual citizenship.

You should have to root for the U.S.
    Don't you see that the only way to root for American golf is vote against this American Presidents Cup team?
    Short term vs. long term. I like to take the long view and not panic at every little step backwards.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Don't you see that the only way to root for American golf is vote against this American Presidents Cup team?
    Short term vs. long term. I like to take the long view and not panic at every little step backwards.
    Had you been able to do this with the Bengals you wouldn't face being a bandwaggoner now by rooting for them.
    GR lives...

No, a better analogy is the Colts fan. The true fan hopes they go 0 - 16 because temporary suckiness will lead to long-term happiness.

And just so you know, your use of the term bandwagoner belongs in the irony thread. Do you even know what a cheese curd is?
    Poppycock. I stick with my teams through thick and thin. You have no idea what I've been through with my Packers. I can understand being envious the Colts organization out-maneuvered the other weak teams. Look at Philly. $100M for nothing.
    GR lives...

Had you been able to do this with the Bengals you wouldn't face being a bandwaggoner now by rooting for them.
    No, a better analogy is the Colts fan. The true fan hopes they go 0 - 16 because temporary suckiness will lead to long-term happiness.

And just so you know, your use of the term bandwagoner belongs in the irony thread. Do you even know what a cheese curd is?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Posts are out of order unless replies now get handled that way.
    GR lives...

Posts are out of order unless replies now get handled that way.
    I've been noticing that lately. I'm going to give Pingman some infractions to get his attention.

OK, scratch that. Mods cannot receive infractions. It's this kind of power abuse that puts 10 year olds in showers.
    I'm just going to threaten the mods with a profile page message.
    Last edited by Horseballs; 11-16-2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Because you can't give infractions to mods. WTF?
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Poppycock. I stick with my teams through thick and thin. You have no idea what I've been through with my Packers. I can understand being envious the Colts organization out-maneuvered the other weak teams. Look at Philly. $100M for nothing.
    I hear you. 1995 was a very difficult time for me and my Ping Eye 2s. Giant, supersized irons were all the rage. You had Ray Cook Titanic Irons, Tommy Armour Super Ti irons and Callaway Tungsten Titanium irons. All of those go used now for around $69. I stuck with my Ping Eye 2s and watched many an idiot lose their shirt on those sets.

Then, in mid 2000s blades became all the rage. Morons on this forum and many others flocked to forged blades for many reasons, none of which were to score better. I kept playing my Eye 2s, winning matches, money and adding to the list of worldwide fans.

Now, here I am again. Still with my Eye 2s. We've been through a lot together but we've never even considered separating. There's something to be said for loyalty.

I've got read up on these Occupy Whatever people. I cannot for the life of me figure out what they are protesting. -- Horseballs

They are just a bunch of "20 somethings" that are pissed because they were born 3 generations too late. Somewhere along the way, they missed out on the psychedelic drugs and free sex.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I've got read up on these Occupy Whatever people. I cannot for the life of me figure out what they are protesting. -- Horseballs

They are just a bunch of "20 somethings" that are pissed because they were born 3 generations too late. Somewhere along the way, they missed out on the psychedelic drugs and free sex.
    I'm pretty stoked about the President's Cup. I've already cut off communications with friends who weren't born here and I'm ready to be a patriot. This weekend I will swear off hiring any of the laborers that hang outside the 7 Eleven. If that sounds easy you haven't seen the size of my lawn.

I'm wearing red, white and blue this weekend and I'm ready to shout at the TV. Under no circumstances will I drink foreign beer or buy food at El Pollo Loco. You Mizuno owners should be ashamed.

I'm getting ready to plonk myself in front of the TV for the Cup. I must say though that I'm a little disappointed with the lack of personality throughout both teams. It just won't be the same without an inbred simpleton riding his driver down the first fairway like a retarded 4 year old.

I also think Tiger missed a great opportunity at the pre match dinner. It would have been great to see him shove it right up those stuffy officials by entering the dinner with a couple of skanky looking ****s on each arm. He could have pimped himself up in a fur coat and bling and really showed the world he was the man. In all seriousness, is there anyone on this board who wouldn't do that if they were Tiger?

I remember at the Australian Tennis Open here a few years ago Marit Saffin had a bevy of scantily clad hoes in his private box to watch every match. Every one of them was over six feet tall, every one of them had hair down to their arse, every one of them had lycra dresses that bairly covered the cracks, and every night they were different women. He'd saunter into the arena with the women on his arms and give them a kiss on the cheek and send them to his private box, where he would occassionally blow kisses to them between points. What a statement. The cameras showed his private box as much as th match. The only tennis tournament I can honestly say I enjoyed watching.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 11-16-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    I'm getting ready to plonk myself in front of the TV for the Cup. I must say though that I'm a little disappointed with the lack of personality throughout both teams. It just won't be the same without an inbred simpleton riding his driver down the first fairway like a retarded 4 year old.

I also think Tiger missed a great opportunity at the pre match dinner. It would have been great to see him shove it right up those stuffy officials by entering the dinner with a couple of skanky looking ****s on each arm. He could have pimped himself up in a fur coat and bling and really showed the world he was the man. In all seriousness, is there anyone on this board who wouldn't do that if they were Tiger?

I remember at the Australian Tennis Open here a few years ago Marit Saffin had a bevy of scantily clad hoes in his private box to watch every match. Every one of them was over six feet tall, every one of them had hair down to their arse, every one of them had lycra dresses that bairly covered the cracks, and every night they were different women. He'd saunter into the arena with the women on his arms and give them a kiss on the cheek and send them to his private box, where he would occassionally blow kisses to them between points. What a statement. The cameras showed his private box as much as th match. The only tennis tournament I can honestly say I enjoyed watching.
    We can't respond to you this week. You are the enemy. The only thing I can say is that I hope the International team makes a better showing of it this time around. It's not likely but we can always hope.

The American team really isn't that bad.

Tiger, Phil, Bubba, Dustin, and Hunter...that is a baddasz line up. Sure the rest of the team are drones, but that should help make it a more competitive Cup. Its not like the ROW lineup is world beaters.

The $100 mil wasn't for nothing. First, just a percentage of that amount is guaranteed to the player. Second,fan outrage at that figure and the reality of the team performance will hopefully lead to the firing or voluntary quitting of the head coach and most of his hand-picked assistant morons who have been responsible for seizing defeat from the jaws of victory in all of their losses this season. The leadership and performance of some of the divas is a disgrace to the noble raptor for which the team is named.

OK. Only a few minutes to tee time. Here are the Mongrel Fearless Picks:

Els/Ryo 3/1 over Bubba/Simpson

Ogilvy/Schwarzel 1 up over Hass/Watney

Baddeley/Day 5/4 over Dustin/Kuchar

Phil/Furyk AS vs. Goosen/Allenby

Kim/Yang 2 up over Mahan/Toms

Woods/Stricker 3/2 over Williams/K.J.

We've jumped out of the blocks to be up in 2 matches and square the third. Go internationals.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Yeah I remember it too. I also remember that he was schooled in the final by Thomas Johansson, a journeyman Swede who didn't even belong on the same court as Safin let alone in the final. Clearly the all night five set mixed doubles marathons took their toll on Safin.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 11-16-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Tiger has been given a matchplay lesson today. Stevie wasnt mucking around.

Tiger has been given a matchplay lesson today. Stevie wasnt mucking around.
    Tiger OWNED by Stevie!

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Tiger OWNED by Stevie!
    It certainly was the stevie show. The other guys in that group were spectators. I think freddy will be hiding tiger from stevie from now on. W

The US has taken the day and given us a pounding. Thank god for stevie, he played a lone hand for our team.

Going by today's events, we are in big trouble. We had a lot of passengers out there today, and we will be moydered in the singles with that line up. I'd say that our depth probably only goes dow to about top 5. The only players on our team that will match you in the singles are Scott, Day, Ogilvy, Els (only bcause he's a Royal Melbourne specialist), and of course Stevie. Greg Norman's captain's picks have turned ou o be diabolical. He rolled the dice and picked a couple of so called local specialists who he for some strange reason thought would magically belie their triple figure world rankings and somehow turn on some decent golf, but Allenby and Baddely played like the choppers their world rankings suggested. It's obvious that the US team has more class and plays right down to their number 12. I think Norman should just save us all some time and pain and shake Freddy's hand in congratulations right now. I have a feeling it's nly going to get worse for us as the week progresses. We need some nasty weather blowing in to turn it into a lottery, but if the condiditons stay good we are toast.

I should have checked the roster because I would have seen that our top guys didn't attend. Stevie can't win this by himself. Come on, guys, let's get it going. If we lose this it will ruin the rest of the year for me.
    GR lives...

The $100 mil wasn't for nothing. First, just a percentage of that amount is guaranteed to the player. Second,fan outrage at that figure and the reality of the team performance will hopefully lead to the firing or voluntary quitting of the head coach and most of his hand-picked assistant morons who have been responsible for seizing defeat from the jaws of victory in all of their losses this season. The leadership and performance of some of the divas is a disgrace to the noble raptor for which the team is named.
    I'm sorry, but we've decided it will always be $100M without qualification or explanation. He's now the $600 wedge of football and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't fight it or you'll risk Dorkmornication. (Too obscene to describe in open forum. If you need me to I can send you a PM).
    GR lives...

It certainly was the stevie show. The other guys in that group were spectators. I think freddy will be hiding tiger from stevie from now on. W
    Ouch! So, how did Stevie handle the post round interview

I'm sorry, but we've decided it will always be $100M without qualification or explanation. He's now the $600 wedge of football and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't fight it or you'll risk Dorkmornication. (Too obscene to describe in open forum. If you need me to I can send you a PM).
    The new word is Sandorksky Treatment.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

They are basically protesting against capitalism - IDIOTS - they would be happier if a Surgeon earned the same as a Cleaner.

Going by today's events, we are in big trouble. We had a lot of passengers out there today, and we will be moydered in the singles with that line up. I'd say that our depth probably only goes dow to about top 5. The only players on our team that will match you in the singles are Scott, Day, Ogilvy, Els (only bcause he's a Royal Melbourne specialist), and of course Stevie. Greg Norman's captain's picks have turned ou o be diabolical. He rolled the dice and picked a couple of so called local specialists who he for some strange reason thought would magically belie their triple figure world rankings and somehow turn on some decent golf, but Allenby and Baddely played like the choppers their world rankings suggested. It's obvious that the US team has more class and plays right down to their number 12. I think Norman should just save us all some time and pain and shake Freddy's hand in congratulations right now. I have a feeling it's nly going to get worse for us as the week progresses. We need some nasty weather blowing in to turn it into a lottery, but if the condiditons stay good we are toast.
    Don't give up hope. Remember the glorious final day of the 1999 Ryder Cup? 4 - 2 is not the end of the world. We can still win this.
    There is a guaranteed way to keep Tiger shutout for this Cup. Norman should pair Stevie and YE Yang. They could win 10 and 8 and probably go back out beat someone else.
    The days of Tiger holding grudges and beating people down is over. The bully has been punched back, and he's not taking it well.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Not having realized the Rest of World team is so incredibly weak, I'm looking at switching my allegiance here. Seriously, Stevie is about the only one they have.

Credit Stevie with a smackdown. All it took was one tiny racial comment.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
    They are basically protesting against capitalism - IDIOTS - they would be happier if a Surgeon earned the same as a Cleaner.
    We have them here too and what I don't understand is the molly coddling attitude of the police and local authorities. If I tried to camp in a downtown Auckland, Wellington, Brisbane or Melbourne Park I would be moved on by Police within about 5 minutes. Why are they tolerating these D/Bags?

Now where the f#ck am I?

We have them here too and what I don't understand is the molly coddling attitude of the police and local authorities. If I tried to camp in a downtown Auckland, Wellington, Brisbane or Melbourne Park I would be moved on by Police within about 5 minutes. Why are they tolerating these D/Bags?
    They are essentially the polar opposite of our Tea Party from what I can understand. Both groups wholly self-interested, both groups on the fringe, both groups politically toxic, both groups need to STFU. The difference is that these Occupy vagrants are costing taxpayer money, blockading people from getting to their jobs, destroying public parks, etc. The other difference is that one group is villified in the media and the other is glorified.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

It's an election year. It's possible some of these people vote so they'll be pandered to. Same reason California is now half Latino. They broke the law by coming here but they represented votes.

I can't believe nobody has yet figured out who these people are. They're simply former waiters and waitresses who couldn't make ends meet due to poor tipping.

This whole thing is about tipping.
    GR lives...

Not having realized the Rest of World team is so incredibly weak, I'm looking at switching my allegiance here. Seriously, Stevie is about the only one they have.

Credit Stevie with a smackdown. All it took was one tiny racial comment.
    Quite disappointing. Its a bear here in the EST zone for me to watch the entire affair. I fell asleep after the first match reached the turn. Can't totally blame Tiger because Stricker looked like he was a week out of the hospital. But there were some walking wounded on the International side also. Wonder why Shrek wasn't on the team? He walked away from the field at St. Andrews. What about the Latinos from Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina? Are they considered Euro's? There should be some of them on Norman's team like Jhonnaton Vegas and El Pato. The pairing I'd really like to see in the Singles is Stevie vs. Fluff. That old man don't take no sh*t off nobody.

Quite disappointing. Its a bear here in the EST zone for me to watch the entire affair. I fell asleep after the first match reached the turn. Can't totally blame Tiger because Stricker looked like he was a week out of the hospital. But there were some walking wounded on the International side also. Wonder why Shrek wasn't on the team? He walked away from the field at St. Andrews. What about the Latinos from Colombia, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina? Are they considered Euro's? There should be some of them on Norman's team like Jhonnaton Vegas and El Pato. The pairing I'd really like to see in the Singles is Stevie vs. Fluff. That old man don't take no sh*t off nobody.
    They like sent their minor league guys. I'm not investing in that. Although I'll still be rooting for Stevie.
    GR lives...

They need Michael Campbell to add some backbone to that limp International lineup but Norman is too spineless to make such a gutsy call. Cambo with Stevie on the bag would be an unstoppable combination.

Now where the f#ck am I?

They need Michael Campbell to add some backbone to that limp International lineup but Norman is too spineless to make such a gutsy call. Cambo with Stevie on the bag would be an unstoppable combination.
    Ahh the glory days of a Turner/Nobilo pairing.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

I was just thinking that a team with no Kiwi's is missing something. Aren't there any others on any tours playing decent? I understand the need to vary the nationalities to satisfy the neighboring nations but one Ryo is enough to juice up Nippon and Y.E. Yang shoud eliminate the need for any more Kims or Choi's.

I was just thinking that a team with no Kiwi's is missing something. Aren't there any others on any tours playing decent? I understand the need to vary the nationalities to satisfy the neighboring nations but one Ryo is enough to juice up Nippon and Y.E. Yang shoud eliminate the need for any more Kims or Choi's.
    Yeah you're right. There's too many Japs and Koreans in that team. They need a Kiwi like Danny Lee in the team.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yeah, I think I saw him last weekend playing in Singapore. The weather looked sort of ominous with a light gray sky full of humidity. I saw some marine cranes in the background so that course must be near the water. I spent two weeks there in the late fall, maybe October or November, 1970, and it was wonderful. Onboard the senior (and only)
    U.S naval vessel in port. It rained every day from about noon to 2:00 p.m. and then stopped abruptly until noon the next day repeating that cyle for 14 days. Danny Lee would have been a better choice than Korean #3 (neither Yang nor Choi).

The US has taken the day and given us a pounding. Thank god for stevie, he played a lone hand for our team.
    2 points a pounding??? day 3 will be the key as we will match them in singles on the last day- just want to put that on the record!
    btw, how hard is royal melbourne when the wind blows!! bloody hell!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
    2 points a pounding??? day 3 will be the key as we will match them in singles on the last day- just want to put that on the record!
    btw, how hard is royal melbourne when the wind blows!! bloody hell!
    We will be massacred in the singles. If we had 12 stevies wewould be a chance, but one stevie cant carry the whole team.

David Feherty had a great comment today,

He said that the only way Royal Melbourne could have been any harder on Day 2 would be if there had been a group of pygmies running around shooting poison darts at the players.

Tiger is 0-2 ,,time for him to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by RFetters View Post
    David Feherty had a great comment today,

He said that the only way Royal Melbourne could have been any harder on Day 2 would be if there had been a group of pygmies running around shooting poison darts at the players.

Tiger is 0-2 ,,time for him to sit.
    No one sits in this format unlike the Ryder Cup. He'll just have to draw one of those kids in the singles matches who grew up with a crush on him and will be unable to beat his boyhood hero.

Not to be argumentative, but the Website for The Golf Channel indicates that Stricker and Watney will sit in the round 3 fourball. Kim and Yang for the other side.

I watched Day 2 last night on the DVR. The course looked impossible and I've never seen so many players miss easy putts. Once the wind starts to affect the break they have little chance of making it. You can't blame Tiger for the loss. I thought he played pretty well. Dustin missed some really short putts, several of them in fact. Have any of you noticed that Tiger looks younger than he did a year ago? I think he's lost weight and is sleeping again. Bubba was on fire yesterday. I love the way that guys plays. I still can't stand watching Ernie Els play golf. I don't know why but I can't stand his swing and I absolutely hate watching him putt. He's got to be the worst putter I've ever seen for a supposed great player.

I don't know what the stimp was yesterday, but on day 1 they were reported to have been 14-15. At that speed anything outside two to three feet isn't easy even for them.

Add strong winds to greens that fast and it's like putting live grenades.
    GR lives...

I don't know what the stimp was yesterday, but on day 1 they were reported to have been 14-15. At that speed anything outside two to three feet isn't easy even for them.

Add strong winds to greens that fast and it's like putting live grenades.
    This is correct. I am currently getting ready to golf a round today in 20-30 MPH winds with gusts in the 40s just like they were golfing in yesterday. In Oklahoma, we have a lot of days like this. I have found that it effects my short game more than any other aspect of my game. You find yourself on the greens trying to read in too many variables associated with the wind whenever putting. The added frustration is the term "gusts." There are times you will factor in the wind on a putt and you will get a gust that is more than what you factored. Other times, it will not gust at all and you missed it because you factored it in.

If I can golf mid to low 80s on days like this, I feel very good about it. Lately, I have been able to do this. Some days it is just ridiculous how windy it is.

In some ways, I think Bubba has become the new John Daly, but Bubba doesnt have all the personal baggage that John had. He's fun to watch.

Tiger looks healthy, but I still cant stand his attitude on the course.

Major stat so far:

Tiger 0-2

Stevie 2-0

This is correct. I am currently getting ready to golf a round today in 20-30 MPH winds with gusts in the 40s just like they were golfing in yesterday. In Oklahoma, we have a lot of days like this. I have found that it effects my short game more than any other aspect of my game. You find yourself on the greens trying to read in too many variables associated with the wind whenever putting. The added frustration is the term "gusts." There are times you will factor in the wind on a putt and you will get a gust that is more than what you factored. Other times, it will not gust at all and you missed it because you factored it in.

If I can golf mid to low 80s on days like this, I feel very good about it. Lately, I have been able to do this. Some days it is just ridiculous how windy it is.

It seldom gets that windy here and when it does we wimp up and go inside. But when I'm in Hawaii I frequently enounter trade winds. A decent putter can send a down-grain, down-wind medium to long putt 25 feet past the hole if the greens are moderately quick. Next hole they might have opposite effects working. It can really drive you nuts.

Did anybody other than FD seriously not know Stevie would kick Tiger's ass?
    GR lives...

It seldom gets that windy here and when it does we wimp up and go inside. But when I'm in Hawaii I frequently enounter trade winds. A decent putter can send a down-grain, down-wind medium to long putt 25 feet past the hole if the greens are moderately quick. Next hole they might have opposite effects working. It can really drive you nuts.

Did anybody other than FD seriously not know Stevie would kick Tiger's ass?

In Southern California it doesn't get very windy until the Santa Ana winds come in late summer. I don't think I've had a golfing day yet where the wind was much of a factor. I've had to cancel playing due to rain a couple of times. This area is truly the best year-round golf weather in the country. Wind, humidity, cold and rain are all non-factors here. I remember playing in shorts and a short sleeve shirt last January.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    In Southern California it doesn't get very windy until the Santa Ana winds come in late summer. I don't think I've had a golfing day yet where the wind was much of a factor. I've had to cancel playing due to rain a couple of times. This area is truly the best year-round golf weather in the country. Wind, humidity, cold and rain are all non-factors here. I remember playing in shorts and a short sleeve shirt last January.

Share it brother. Not to make anyone else feel badly, but he's right. Unless it's raining, I'm wearing shorts all winter.

I do remember a Santa Ana day at Maderas a couple of years ago. Maderas being in the foothills is not a place you want to go to during a Santa Ana but there we were. I can remember having a difficult time staying still during my backswing. At the end of the day my stomach muscles were fatigued because apparently they kicked in during swings to keep me stable.
    GR lives...

Share it brother. Not to make anyone else feel badly, but he's right. Unless it's raining, I'm wearing shorts all winter.

I do remember a Santa Ana day at Maderas a couple of years ago. Maderas being in the foothills is not a place you want to go to during a Santa Ana but there we were. I can remember having a difficult time staying still during my backswing. At the end of the day my stomach muscles were fatigued because apparently they kicked in during swings to keep me stable.
    Some people actually enjoy seasons. If I had the choice I'd live in a place like Bend, Oregon. Fishing, hunting, golfing, skiing, hiking, all within a few minutes of the town. You can ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon. World class trout lakes and streams all around the area.

I can't stand the urban sprawl of So Cal. You can have it. Smog, traffic, etc. Shiat the rivers are dried up before they even reach the ocean in So Cal. Not a place I would care to live. Each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    Some people actually enjoy seasons. If I had the choice I'd live in a place like Bend, Oregon. Fishing, hunting, golfing, skiing, hiking, all within a few minutes of the town. You can ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon. World class trout lakes and streams all around the area.

I can't stand the urban sprawl of So Cal. You can have it. Smog, traffic, etc. Shiat the rivers are dried up before they even reach the ocean in So Cal. Not a place I would care to live. Each his own.
    Bend is a great place to visit or maybe spend 3 months out of the year but I could never live there. I know you love Oregon. I went to college in Oregon and I have visited many friends there over the years. I think Portland and Eugene are nice cities but I could never live there. I can't stand the overcast skies nor can I stand the granola people. It seems like everyone there is really into their coffee, their birkenstocks and wearing their Patagonia jackets. It's too earthy a place for me. Seattle is much worse. I don't know how anyone can deal with that weather. Ugh.

Their is are various Oregon laws that are stupid as well and anti development. One of them is that you can't pump your own gas. It's absurd.

Don't get me wrong, Oregon is a pretty state and has a lot to offer if you are the outdoors type with shaggy hair and Keen shoes.

I agree with this. I have friends who live in Brisbane where it is hot and humid all year round and I couldn't stand to live there. Winter is hot and summers are hotter, unbearably so.

I live in a place that offers all the things you mentioned. Here are a couple of pics.

Give me four seasons any day.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Bend is a great place to visit or maybe spend 3 months out of the year but I could never live there. I know you love Oregon. I went to college in Oregon and I have visited many friends there over the years. I think Portland and Eugene are nice cities but I could never live there. I can't stand the overcast skies nor can I stand the granola people. It seems like everyone there is really into their coffee, their birkenstocks and wearing their Patagonia jackets. It's too earthy a place for me. Seattle is much worse. I don't know how anyone can deal with that weather. Ugh.

Their is are various Oregon laws that are stupid as well and anti development. One of them is that you can't pump your own gas. It's absurd.

Don't get me wrong, Oregon is a pretty state and has a lot to offer if you are the outdoors type with shaggy hair and Keen shoes.
    I can speak for many here in Oregon. We're just fine with Californians loving and living in California. Many Californians move here and then move away because of the weather. Portland does get a lot of rain but then it's very green. Grass and trees just spout out of the ground. You can't have one without the other.

Yes, portland is pretty strict on development. But then we've kept the urban sprawl that you deal with everyday in check. Best part, you can live where you want. Each area has pro's and con's. If a place is perfect, just wait for the overcrowding, sky high prices, etc.

So you're a city boy that likes one season. I get it. Not everyone is like you. Some of us enjoy changing seasons. I'll actually probably move to a colder climate when I retire. At least for the first 10 years or so. I enjoy cross country skiing, snow shoeing, and downhill skiing. Hard to do from Portland with any ease.

I agree with the gas pumping comment. It's retarded. I have a commercial gas card so I can pump my own gas. The liquor control laws are also retarded. No place is perfect....

I agree with this. I have friends who live in Brisbane where it is hot and humid all year round and I couldn't stand to live there. Winter is hot and summers are hotter, unbearably so.

I live in a place that offers all the things you mentioned. Here are a couple of pics.

Give me four seasons any day.
    I figured you chime in on this post. I'm jealous. Any work for an american land surveyor in NZ?

I can speak for many here in Oregon. We're just fine with Californians loving and living in California. Many Californians move here and then move away because of the weather. Portland does get a lot of rain but then it's very green. Grass and trees just spout out of the ground. You can't have one without the other.

Yes, portland is pretty strict on development. But then we've kept the urban sprawl that you deal with everyday in check. Best part, you can live where you want. Each area has pro's and con's. If a place is perfect, just wait for the overcrowding, sky high prices, etc.

So you're a city boy that likes one season. I get it. Not everyone is like you. Some of us enjoy changing seasons. I'll actually probably move to a colder climate when I retire. At least for the first 10 years or so. I enjoy cross country skiing, snow shoeing, and downhill skiing. Hard to do from Portland with any ease.

I agree with the gas pumping comment. It's retarded. I have a commercial gas card so I can pump my own gas. The liquor control laws are also retarded. No place is perfect....

No, you're wrong about the seasons part. I prefer Northern California where we have fall, winter, spring and summer. However, for golf I prefer Southern California. For whatever reason, I like it to be really cold in December and January and then start warming up again. Nothing worse than a Christmas where it's 75 degrees outside.

No, you're wrong about the seasons part. I prefer Northern California where we have fall, winter, spring and summer. However, for golf I prefer Southern California. For whatever reason, I like it to be really cold in December and January and then start warming up again. Nothing worse than a Christmas where it's 75 degrees outside.
    My bad then. Carry on....

You're right Poe, if there is a perfect place I haven't found it. The sprawl here is a double edged sword, there are things about a large metro that for me can't be replaced and you can find places to live not far from the madness.but away from it. I like the excitement of a big urban area and the p.ussy here is great.

I don't miss seasons, when I want them I can drive an hour and find them. More than anything So. Cal is about outdoor activity. If I was a different kind of person I'd love Portland, it's a great area.

Pretty much every place has its merits except New Zealand.
    GR lives...

Was just watching the golf.and was surprised how fat phil has got. He's a real lard boy these days.

Was just watching the golf.and was surprised how fat phil has got. He's a real lard boy these days.
    He seems to have bulked up a lot in his upper body. I haven't really noticed him for months but he sure is striking the ball well this week and is rolling his putter very well. Had the sense to ditch the crutch of the Senior Set (and some young sissies).

Smart selection from the shark.sending yang in against tiger. After the touch up stevie gave him its smrt making tiger face his other bogeyman

Phil has been benched for the afternoon matches. Obviously has trouble carting his fat arse for more than 18 holes

It was funny listening to the commentators rib Yang over hitting a hybrid from 170 yards. One announcer says, "He must be hitting Annika Sorenstam's clubs."

Smart selection from the shark.sending yang in against tiger. After the touch up stevie gave him its smrt making tiger face his other bogeyman
    Yeah, Norman's been playing Tiger pretty ruthlessly. If I was Tiger, I'd start thinking about getting Chris Evert's number.

Well, maybe not.
    GR lives...

It was funny listening to the commentators rib Yang over hitting a hybrid from 170 yards. One announcer says, "He must be hitting Annika Sorenstam's clubs."
    That's fukking hilarious

That's fukking hilarious
    Only Johnny Miller would say something like that. Priceless. Also, what's the deal with Y.E. Yang's choice of clothes in regular tournaments. During the final round of the US Open he had this white shirt with little different colored stars all over it. How can you win a major looking like that?

It's interesting if you contrast Couples and Norman as team captains. They'll show Couples and he's always around several guys just talking it up, probably about football. He's always laughing about something or just enjoying the whole thing. When they interview him he appears very relaxed and composed.

Norman, on the other hand, always has that worried look about him. Loosen the bone Wilma.

Yeah, Norman's been playing Tiger pretty ruthlessly. If I was Tiger, I'd start thinking about getting Chris Evert's number.

Well, maybe not.
    Chris Evert looks like the type who would "hang out" with Anika Sorestam. Like "Let's Be" friends.

Only Johnny Miller would say something like that. Priceless. Also, what's the deal with Y.E. Yang's choice of clothes in regular tournaments. During the final round of the US Open he had this white shirt with little different colored stars all over it. How can you win a major looking like that?

It's interesting if you contrast Couples and Norman as team captains. They'll show Couples and he's always around several guys just talking it up, probably about football. He's always laughing about something or just enjoying the whole thing. When they interview him he appears very relaxed and composed.

Norman, on the other hand, always has that worried look about him. Loosen the bone Wilma.
    I agree about norman but he looked like that his whole playing career. Once a choker.......

Normans captains picks have been as inspiring as his sunday play in majors.Allenby is 0 and 4 inthe teams and is being dusted by toms in the singles.
    Did anyone else see normans ridiculous beatnik hat?

The game is over. The U.S. won. Many on the International team gave valliant efforts but, collectively, fell short. I was routing for the Intl's this year since it was played on Home Turf. The loss may be laid mostly at the feet of Stevie who failed to adequately prepare and manage his fellow Caddies even though his employee Scott won his final match. Badds was a disgrace on the last day as was Day. Kim (which is "Smith" and "Jones" combined in Korea) and Ryo were Stars. Allenby was a Disaster. Maybe Norman should have selected the other "Bee" who couldn't have done any worse. When you get beat by Furyk and Toms, you may want to investigate long putters and graphite iron shafts and forward tees.

The captains picks were where lost it. Allenby in particular cost us any chhance. He is a disgrace.
    Norman coming out and criticising the selection of tiger in the media pre tourney just added fuel to the fire. Allenby had a big target on his back after those comments. The dumbest thing a captain can do is give the opposition more motivation.
    Last edited by Not a hacker; 11-20-2011 at 12:25 PM.

The captains picks were where lost it. Allenby in particular cost us any chhance. He is a disgrace.
    Norman coming out and criticising the selection of tiger in the media pre tourney just added fuel to the fire. Allenby had a big target on his back after those comments. The dumbest thing a captain can do is give the opposition more motivation.
    Wasn't just the captains picks that cost us. Agree that Allenby shouldn't have been picked, but Badds results were ok given what the rest of the team did. Badds results for the year earned him selection, where as Allenby's did not. And Allenbys record in these team events is terrible. BTW - Not sure too many others would have defeated Tiger in singles ( he was 5 under i think). And when Moobs and his partner birdie 5 holes in a row on day three you have just got to take your hat off to them. Whilst the Asian contigent come good, they were clearly under done (except choi) for the first day and a bit also. Something that stood out to me was the "vets" on the international team didn't seem to have the influence on the rookies that the US team did.
    So who would you have picked NAH?
    I would have picked Badds and Oosthuisen.

regardless of result, there should be more team events. makes for great viewing!
    Tm Burner Superfast, r9 4 wood,Tm 09 19*/22*
    Mizuno mp52 5-pw,mpt10 52*/56*/60*
    SC Sonoma,optima ts

Quote Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
    Wasn't just the captains picks that cost us. Agree that Allenby shouldn't have been picked, but Badds results were ok given what the rest of the team did. Badds results for the year earned him selection, where as Allenby's did not. And Allenbys record in these team events is terrible. BTW - Not sure too many others would have defeated Tiger in singles ( he was 5 under i think). And when Moobs and his partner birdie 5 holes in a row on day three you have just got to take your hat off to them. Whilst the Asian contigent come good, they were clearly under done (except choi) for the first day and a bit also. Something that stood out to me was the "vets" on the international team didn't seem to have the influence on the rookies that the US team did.
    So who would you have picked NAH?
    I would have picked Badds and Oosthuisen.

regardless of result, there should be more team events. makes for great viewing!
    If i could pick them last week senden and chalmers would have been good. But realistically chalmers did nothing til the open. Senden has done enough and is a great ball striker who would play well there. My second pick would have been vegas or even cabrera.

I figured you chime in on this post. I'm jealous. Any work for an american land surveyor in NZ?
    I'm sure a man of your qualifications would have no trouble getting work in NZ although jobs might be a little scarce in the current economic/building downturn. No need to be jealous though. NZ is beautiful but there are many equally beautiful places all around the world. The place you mentioned, Bend, Oregon, sounds idyllic. The thing is it always sounds great but would a man like yourself from a vast country like the US&A really be happy in a tiny, remote, sleepy little country like NZ? I spent 3-4 years in the UK and when I returned to NZ although I loved it I found it very quiet and sleepy the first couple of years and so remote. I missed not being able to jump on a plane for a weekend in Brussels or Prague. But I returned for the quality of life and for family reasons. But if I was a born and bred American or European I think NZ would be just a little too quiet and remote for my liking.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I would have thought there would have been plenty of work for a surveyor in christchurch for a while yet.

I would have thought there would have been plenty of work for a surveyor in christchurch for a while yet.
    Only for about the next 5 years! They haven't even begun the major reconstruction yet.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I'm sure a man of your qualifications would have no trouble getting work in NZ although jobs might be a little scarce in the current economic/building downturn. No need to be jealous though. NZ is beautiful but there are many equally beautiful places all around the world. The place you mentioned, Bend, Oregon, sounds idyllic. The thing is it always sounds great but would a man like yourself from a vast country like the US&A really be happy in a tiny, remote, sleepy little country like NZ? I spent 3-4 years in the UK and when I returned to NZ although I loved it I found it very quiet and sleepy the first couple of years and so remote. I missed not being able to jump on a plane for a weekend in Brussels or Prague. But I returned for the quality of life and for family reasons. But if I was a born and bred American or European I think NZ would be just a little too quiet and remote for my liking.
    It's hard to tell. I don't think I would have a problem living in NZ.

Bend is in the shitter right now. It's currently running at 25% unemployed. It was overbuilt during the last real estate run up and speculative buyers have left the market there. That resulted in many vacant homes. It'll take years for the vacant homes to be sold which leaves no place for a surveyor, engineer, or architect.

Bend is in the shitter right now. It's currently running at 25% unemployed. It was overbuilt during the last real estate run up and speculative buyers have left the market there. That resulted in many vacant homes. It'll take years for the vacant homes to be sold which leaves no place for a surveyor, engineer, or architect.
    Except for the rain, I think NZ would be a great country to live. We've got friends who live in Dunedin and it looks like a beautiful town, if a little cold in winter. Maybe I'll rtire there one day, my super pension in Oz dollars could have me liviglike a king.

But immediately lucrative opportunities for experienced arsonists and insurance fraud investigators.

Except for the rain, I think NZ would be a great country to live. We've got friends who live in Dunedin and it looks like a beautiful town, if a little cold in winter. Maybe I'll rtire there one day, my super pension in Oz dollars could have me liviglike a king.
    Will Comrade Gillard let you take your Australian rubles across the Tasman?

I have an Uncle who lived most of his adult/working life in Sydney and reckons he can't come back and live in NZ as he would lose his Aussie pension.

Just like that other Union of Soviet Socialist Republics it appears the Australian Socialist Republic is also building walls to keep it's people in. Look on the bright side. By then Qantas planes will have been sold/mothballed and the only way in or out will by steamship.

Dunedin is Ok but would be fukking freezing in winter compared to Sydney.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Smile

Will Comrade Gillard let you take your Australian rubles across the Tasman?

I have an Uncle who lived most of his adult/working life in Sydney and reckons he can't come back and live in NZ as he would lose his Aussie pension.

Just like that other Union of Soviet Socialist Republics it appears the Australian Socialist Republic is also building walls to keep it's people in. Look on the bright side. By then Qantas planes will have been sold/mothballed and the only way in or out will by steamship.

Dunedin is Ok but would be fukking freezing in winter compared to Sydney.
    I wont be drawing a government pension when i retire so i can live where i want. the average aussie super pension should buy plenty of pacific pesos.

If i could pick them last week senden and chalmers would have been good. But realistically chalmers did nothing til the open. Senden has done enough and is a great ball striker who would play well there. My second pick would have been vegas or even cabrera.

Greg Norman blew this event with his picks and his criticism of Fred Couples and Tiger Woods. First, with the flippant remarks about picking Tiger...what did Norman think he would gain by making those comments? I'm sure it just inspired Tiger to win his singles match and perform on a higher level. Tiger never forgets anything.

Second, Robert Allenby? I have never seen such a poor showing in a President's Cup or Ryder Cup. That guy missed EVERY single putt he was faced with and cost his team 5 points. Sure, four of the matches were team events but I distinctly remember him missing putt after putt in every one of those team matches.

Tiger is the man and kicked Badds arse. Ain't so Badd.

Greg Norman blew this event with his picks and his criticism of Fred Couples and Tiger Woods. First, with the flippant remarks about picking Tiger...what did Norman think he would gain by making those comments? I'm sure it just inspired Tiger to win his singles match and perform on a higher level. Tiger never forgets anything.

Second, Robert Allenby? I have never seen such a poor showing in a President's Cup or Ryder Cup. That guy missed EVERY single putt he was faced with and cost his team 5 points. Sure, four of the matches were team events but I distinctly remember him missing putt after putt in every one of those team matches.

Tiger is the man and kicked Badds arse. Ain't so Badd.
    Badds and allenby both choked like mama cass on a ham sandwich right through the event. Badds tee shot on 18 when one up on the first day is the worst shot ive seen from a pro golfer. Maybe norman was picking guys he could relate to.

Thread Information