|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Back from Shanghai

I found this Shanghai girl for you guys.. She was at Xintiandi which is a very "chic" area in Shanghai... after 9PM they will show up at bars and restaurants looking for someone who's willing to spend money on her
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2043.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	2761  

So, how's the tang? Do they like Americans? They're probably frustrated because the guys over there screw like Chinamen.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    So, how's the tang? Do they like Americans? They're probably frustrated because the guys over there screw like Chinamen.
    They are growing very fast... but from technology standpoint IMO they are not as sharp as those of us from USA... but CNN already points out "if they start to INVENT and have a few Bill Gates or Steve Job they will rule the world"... IMO that statement is quite true. Shanghai has 22 millions people because that's where the jobs are. Not to offend anyone but Chinese have a fake life style just like most Asians,i.e. you don't drive a car fancier than that of your boss, you don't dress better than your boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    They are growing very fast... but from technology standpoint IMO they are not as sharp as those of us from USA... but CNN already points out "if they start to INVENT and have a few Bill Gates or Steve Job they will rule the world"... IMO that statement is quite true. Shanghai has 22 millions people because that's where the jobs are. Not to offend anyone but Chinese have a fake life style just like most Asians,i.e. you don't drive a car fancier than that of your boss, you don't dress better than your boss...
    ... what about golf clubs? You don't play better golf clubs than your boss? So if your boss plays Pings what do you do? Play Callaways? Is that how it works?

BTW welcome back Pky
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    ... what about golf clubs? You don't play better golf clubs than your boss? So if your boss plays Pings what do you do? Play Callaways? Is that how it works?

BTW welcome back Pky
    Thanks Kiwi... I am glad to be back on US soil after 2 wks, although I really enjoy Shanghai. it's a clean and very very safe city. Once you committed a crime they would send you to a labor camp to remember for the rest of your life...

Big boss - in general - plays better golf than those who report to him, mainly due to the fact that he has more chances to entertain clients/customers, especially in the growing field such as electronics. Most of my Chinese colleagues play TM and Callaways, a few plays Mizuno , one plays Ping ... and none plays Adams... Brand names and status are EVERYTHING in China, They like products from USA , even they are "made in China " ... evidently "made-in-China" T-shirts from USA have much higher quality than those "made-in-China" T-shirts in China. Chinese girls dress well when they go out but I am told that they all live in a "rat" house.... and if given a chance most of them would want move and live in USA.

Think of China as USA 50 yrs ago in terms of growth, so, you guys/girls/AC-DC better work your a$$ off because they are trying to rule the world , with help from foreign investors... and that's one of the reasons why Shanghai is so safe , because they want to make sure that outside investors will continue doing business there. Honestly, if you all have a chance, Visit Shanghai and you will be amazed... (Although public restroom is where China needs major improvements)

Nite Views of Shanghai

These pictures were taken from both sides of a river , "Pudong" which was a rice field 15 yrs ago... and the famous "the Bund"

Name:	SAM_0286.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	2762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0295.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	2763  

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    The country keeps blowing my mind. I watched a good bit of the two-man competition from Hainan Island the past several days and one of the commentators was interviewing a Chinese guy who seemed to be an official with the event who said that they built ten courses at the Mission Hills resort in 14 months employing 40,000 workers. The last time anything appproaching that happened in USA was back in the '30's with the WPA. These people will dominate the globe shortly. Just 40 years ago I remember Hainan Island as a spot of land on a nautical chart and outlined on surface and air radar repeaters as "Do not approach or disturb" territory as the PRC helped North Vietnam persecute its war against us. Now they're doing an even better job with currency and leverage.

only reason they had 40,000 workers is that they are cheaper than machinery. Saw the same thing when I was in Korea.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    only reason they had 40,000 workers is that they are cheaper than machinery. Saw the same thing when I was in Korea.
    How about thirty-story scaffoling made of bamboo? Saw that in Hong Kong in the 1960's.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    How about thirty-story scaffoling made of bamboo? Saw that in Hong Kong in the 1960's.
    Definitely there are plenty of cheap labor in China now... granted that I stayed at a Renaissance 5-star hotel, they cleaned my room twice a day, at an above average restaurant, there were at least 2 waiters or waitresses taking care of our dinner table... you don't see that in USA... Peking duck was excellent... In general, Chinese don't like to eat cold food so food is quite safe there, especially if you are careful and don't eat at cheap restaurants....
    China (at least my company in China) starts to grow into Indonesia and India.
    last weekend my friend took me to Wuxi which is 2-hr drive west of Shanghai and visited the famous Lingshan Temple... quite a site, a HUGE statue of Buddha on top of a mountain which could be seen 10 km away... You could see the size of people at his feet from my pix

Name:	DSC_0392.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	2765   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0436.JPG 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	2766  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Renaissance 5-star hotel in Shanghai

Here is the hotel where I stayed... as good as it gets

Name:	SAM_0966.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	2767  

more Pix for you all to view... and yet China is still growing

This is at the famous Pearl tower and the 10-story Super Brand Mall in Pudong area... Keep in mind that it was just a bare rice field 15 yrs ago

Name:	SAM_1337.JPG 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	2771  
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Some nice photos, Pky. What are you shooting with?
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Some nice photos, Pky. What are you shooting with?
    Low-cost, pocket sized Samsung ST-65... excellent for travel, although at night picture is not very sharp (like the very first picture) , but I really like it because of its small size

Thread Information