|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

TaiChi Golf... Lerry knows this guy...

I can't believe I just watched the entire 2 minutes and 58 seconds of that vid. After 15 seconds I was shouting to myself "Just hit the fooking ball, Alice!" There's a version of Tai Chi little known in the West where everything happens real quick like. Its refered to a "Tiger Tai Chi" and is a deadly martial art instead of a slow series of movements that look like the mating dance of a guy looking to attract another guy.

Me and all the guys I play with would be harassing whoever took that much time to hit a shot. He would be the guy at the club house always looking to play with somebody and nobody would want him.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I can't believe I just watched the entire 2 minutes and 58 seconds of that vid. After 15 seconds I was shouting to myself "Just hit the fooking ball, Alice!" There's a version of Tai Chi little known in the West where everything happens real quick like. Its refered to a "Tiger Tai Chi" and is a deadly martial art instead of a slow series of movements that look like the mating dance of a guy looking to attract another guy.
    I didn't last that long. After 10 seconds I exited and found better things to do.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I knew a guy who trained in the full on combat form of tai chi. He was 18 stone and could handle himself and said the teacher could throw him round like a rag doll. Its all about balance and leverage and redirecting the force of your opponent. They do the slomo stuff but each position is combat related.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    I knew a guy who trained in the full on combat form of tai chi. He was 18 stone and could handle himself and said the teacher could throw him round like a rag doll. Its all about balance and leverage and redirecting the force of your opponent. They do the slomo stuff but each position is combat related.
    So you and Mongrel are saying this 'real' tai chi is as lethal as the stuff in the movies? Cool! Where can I sign up to learn it?

Oh wait, let me guess, you have to travel to China stowed away in a junk and climb into the mountains to an ancient Shaolin Temple to learn in the school of hard knocks?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    So you and Mongrel are saying this 'real' tai chi is as lethal as the stuff in the movies? Cool! Where can I sign up to learn it?

Oh wait, let me guess, you have to travel to China stowed away in a junk and climb into the mountains to an ancient Shaolin Temple to learn in the school of hard knocks?
    Screw all that Asian martial arts stuff. If yoy want to learn to fight to win just jet on over to Tel Aviv and sign up for Israeli Defense Force krav maga lessons.

Actually kiwi the guy who taught it was an aussie and he actually had chinese coming to him for lessons cause they had lost the art of combat in their country.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Screw all that Asian martial arts stuff. If yoy want to learn to fight to win just jet on over to Tel Aviv and sign up for Israeli Defense Force krav maga lessons.
    any special forces would have learned effective ways to kill your opponent. In war you dont get arrested for murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    any special forces would have learned effective ways to kill your opponent. In war you dont get arrested for murder.
    My favourite martial art is Gun Fu. Real simple discipline. Simultaneously pull the slide back to chamber a round, aim and pull the trigger. Repeat the second and third steps until the opponent lies still with his (orher) eyes open.

My favourite martial art is Gun Fu. Real simple discipline. Simultaneously pull the slide back to chamber a round, aim and pull the trigger. Repeat the second and third steps until the opponent lies still with his (orher) eyes open.
    I prefer Tai Kwan Grenade. Either that or Mortar Combat. Hit them from far away, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    I prefer Tai Kwan Grenade. Either that or Mortar Combat. Hit them from far away, I say.
    Claymore Mine is also good since you can stay a good distance from your opponent and hit the transmit button at the right time.

Here's your training video http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4126777088/tt0238380

Very underrated Christian Bale movie. I have it in my personal DVD collection.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    Here's your training video http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4126777088/tt0238380

Very underrated Christian Bale movie. I have it in my personal DVD collection.
    I missed that one. 2002. Haven't even seen it on the cable movie channels but now I will look for it. We have a large DVD collection but our DVD player went tits-up about three years ago and we haven't bothered to replace it. Symptom of growing old, I guess.

If I saw someone doing that, I'd be throwing some vicious elbows and knees.

"Attack Position" should not be used in order reference anything with a golf swing. Ever.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Grenades aren't a long range weapon, but I like the way you think. Fire the Artillery, I say.
    2007-2017 Moderator of the Year.

Thread Information