|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: place your bets

place your bets

i have this thursday off from school, so i'm gonna head out to my course with a buddy who hasnt played in a while. I'm gonna take him on with an 8-iron. drive with an 8-iron, pitch with an 8-iron, putt with an 8-iron. Currently my hadicap is a 10.3. I was just wondering what you guys think i'll shoot for 9 with one club. I can hit an 8 iron 180 if i kill it, 165 regular, and 155 nice and smooth. Place yo' bets now. Neal

Quote Originally Posted by nsherman2006
    i have this thursday off from school, so i'm gonna head out to my course with a buddy who hasnt played in a while. I'm gonna take him on with an 8-iron. drive with an 8-iron, pitch with an 8-iron, putt with an 8-iron. Currently my hadicap is a 10.3. I was just wondering what you guys think i'll shoot for 9 with one club. I can hit an 8 iron 180 if i kill it, 165 regular, and 155 nice and smooth. Place yo' bets now. Neal
    Before I bet -

1) How are your putting skills with your 8-iron?

2) Sam Snead was photographed using his putter to putt like a player using a pool que stick to hit a pool ball. They said he was great at it.

Do the rules of your competition allow you to use your 8 iron in non-standard ways that may benefit you?

i don't know how well i putt with it, but i'll be sure to utilize any advantage i can get. screw the rules for a match like this. loser buys winner lunch, too. my grammar sucks, but i dont care. neal

I played a quick 9 today (45 minutes walking) with an 8 iron and shot 48. I can't freakin' putt with an 8 iron (17 putts on 9 holes) otherwise i would have shot halfway decent. I had a little trouble on the par 5 (triple bogey), as well as the last hole (short par 4, but i had to hit it to the side of the water because i couldn't carry the hazard, and the hole just went awry for another triple. All in all, however, I'm pretty satisfied. Neal

Thread Information