|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Back to Fundamentals-- Hogan was right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AmPuzgBXEM

This is the little exercise Hogan put in "5 Lessons." I think this exercise is also in Leadbetter's instruction for the Swing Setter. Seems I have seen stuff from McClane recommending it also. So this is the fundamental of fundamentals. It is exactly what we see VJ doing with gloves held under his armpits. It is exactly what the Swing Jacket" forces a golfer to do.

I hit balls today and warmed up doing this. Just very relaxed swinging it gently back and forth while carefully holding my upper arms and elbows in tight, like Hogan demonstrates. This forces us to make a connected turn with arms in sync with our shoulders. The hips turn and weight shift automatically support the shoulders and arms. No need to think about those, but we do stay centered, no sway back and forth.

Wow! I could immediately hit my 9i to a target, little draw, over and over again. Then I did the same thing with 3w. This proves better than anything that they ONLY mistake we can make is to allow our arms to fly away and not turn in sync-- But when we swing for real like the drill, we make crisp contact and the ball goes straight, PERIOD. No reason anyone couldn't hit every fairway and every green with this nice controlled swing.

SOOO, from now on I will do what Hogan suggested, do this drill several minutes every day and of course warm up doing it with the first club we hit and a few times with every different club-- on the range AND on the course! Do it before every drive and you will hit it straight!

Good Luck!

Larry

Hogan's book was absolutely the worse golf instructional book I have ever read. It was worse than listening to Pingman trying to explain "stack 'n tilt" on this forum. I think you have "Hogan envy," does Kevin know?
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AmPuzgBXEM

This is the little exercise Hogan put in "5 Lessons." I think this exercise is also in Leadbetter's instruction for the Swing Setter. Seems I have seen stuff from McClane recommending it also. So this is the fundamental of fundamentals. It is exactly what we see VJ doing with gloves held under his armpits. It is exactly what the Swing Jacket" forces a golfer to do.
    Funny...

Hogan was wrong last week...

...at least according to you.

How can possibly take it up vertically and lay it off doing what Hogan is suggesting?

And is he only right about this...

...or is he also right that you do use your hands in the golf swing?

I hit balls today and warmed up doing this. Just very relaxed swinging it gently back and forth while carefully holding my upper arms and elbows in tight, like Hogan demonstrates. This forces us to make a connected turn with arms in sync with our shoulders. The hips turn and weight shift automatically support the shoulders and arms. No need to think about those, but we do stay centered, no sway back and forth.

Wow! I could immediately hit my 9i to a target, little draw, over and over again. Then I did the same thing with 3w. This proves better than anything that they ONLY mistake we can make is to allow our arms to fly away and not turn in sync-- But when we swing for real like the drill, we make crisp contact and the ball goes straight, PERIOD. No reason anyone couldn't hit every fairway and every green with this nice controlled swing.

SOOO, from now on I will do what Hogan suggested, do this drill several minutes every day and of course warm up doing it with the first club we hit and a few times with every different club-- on the range AND on the course! Do it before every drive and you will hit it straight!
    But you were already hitting all your drives straight, Larry. Don't you remember telling us?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Stop being so technical and start playing with what you have.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post

SOOO, from now on I will do what Hogan suggested, do this drill several minutes every day Do it before every drive and you will hit it straight!

Good Luck!

Larry

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Stop being so technical and start playing with what you have.

I am not being technical b!tch.
    Last edited by spanqdoggie; 03-02-2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Son, wut you tinkin'?

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post

I am not being technical b!tch.
    Emotional golf is also not welcome....

just joking.Talking to the people giving every millisecond of the golf swing analysis and how to's....

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Emotional golf is also not welcome....

just joking.Talking to the people giving every millisecond of the golf swing analysis and how to's....
    I am sorry. Please accept my apologies.

It was a simple misunderstanding.

I am glad this is cleared up.

Again, I apologize.

I was about to kick your ass.

spank

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    I am sorry. Please accept my apologies.

It was a simple misunderstanding.

I am glad this is cleared up.

Again, I apologize.

I was about to kick your ass.

spank
    With that comment,and (my preffered) your lack of technical association with golf.......Do you even play golf....

Fluffy runs and hide....

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    Hogan's book was absolutely the worse golf instructional book I have ever read. It was worse than listening to Pingman trying to explain "stack 'n tilt" on this forum. I think you have "Hogan envy," does Kevin know?
    Does PingMan never get on here anymore?

S&T is the future :-)

Thread Information