|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Cobra FP II Irons

I've been looking for more of a semi-game improvement iron with less offset and I ordered a set of these off of 3balls. To be honest, I've never played Cobra irons for more than a few strikes on the golf course. Has anyone played these? They've got some great reviews on here and on WRX.

If these don't work out then I will seriously consider getting my first set of "new" irons in quite awhile; the Cobra AMP irons. I've hit these and they feel incredible. They have just the right amount offset and the size appears to be perfect. I like the way they look much better than the JPX 800; another set I was seriously considering.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Heck, I'll even accept feedback from choppers.

Larry, you need not reply that your pro would laugh at the idea that irons matter. I'm sure that's true for the average driving range rat.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    I've been looking for more of a semi-game improvement iron with less offset and I ordered a set of these off of 3balls. To be honest, I've never played Cobra irons for more than a few strikes on the golf course. Has anyone played these? They've got some great reviews on here and on WRX.

If these don't work out then I will seriously consider getting my first set of "new" irons in quite awhile; the Cobra AMP irons. I've hit these and they feel incredible. They have just the right amount offset and the size appears to be perfect. I like the way they look much better than the JPX 800; another set I was seriously considering.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Heck, I'll even accept feedback from choppers.

Larry, you need not reply that your pro would laugh at the idea that irons matter. I'm sure that's true for the average driving range rat.
    Doesn't Rickie bag those new Amp Cobras? If those are your new sticks, you will need the proper attire. A San Diego County Jail orange jumpsuit would be much less expensive than the Puma togs and probably just as comfortable. Then you would need one of those douche-bag big bill caps like he wears and you'd be all set to continue your reign as the best ball-striker on the Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Doesn't Rickie bag those new Amp Cobras? If those are your new sticks, you will need the proper attire. A San Diego County Jail orange jumpsuit would be much less expensive than the Puma togs and probably just as comfortable. Then you would need one of those douche-bag big bill caps like he wears and you'd be all set to continue your reign as the best ball-striker on the Forum.
    I think it is a sure sign that I am getting old in that I don't like the newest fashions that younger generations are wearing. Hell, I am still waiting for Polo oxford shirts with a polo shirt of a different color worn under it and the collar turned up, Levi 501 button-fly jeans and penny loafers worn with no socks to all come back in style. Whenever they do, I'll be styling!
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I think it is a sure sign that I am getting old in that I don't like the newest fashions that younger generations are wearing. Hell, I am still waiting for Polo oxford shirts with a polo shirt of a different color worn under it and the collar turned up, Levi 501 button-fly jeans and penny loafers worn with no socks to all come back in style. Whenever they do, I'll be styling!
    I think it was about 1999 or 2000 that my inlaws gave me a Tiger Woods golf shirt for Christmas. Its a nice shirt in a gray with discrete black piping and the "TW" logo on the left sleeve. It is still in pristine condition since I wore it maybe three times to the range to hit balls. Other than that, I will wear only all cotton polo shirts with no logos. I used to like the alligators but then I was still drinking. Golf slacks are just all cotton khakis that have worn to the point that I no longer wear them to work. I guess you could call me golf attire boring. The sort of stuff that some operative would wear to ensure no one would ever notice him.

I think it was about 1999 or 2000 that my inlaws gave me a Tiger Woods golf shirt for Christmas. Its a nice shirt in a gray with discrete black piping and the "TW" logo on the left sleeve. It is still in pristine condition since I wore it maybe three times to the range to hit balls. Other than that, I will wear only all cotton polo shirts with no logos. I used to like the alligators but then I was still drinking. Golf slacks are just all cotton khakis that have worn to the point that I no longer wear them to work. I guess you could call me golf attire boring. The sort of stuff that some operative would wear to ensure no one would ever notice him.
    I can't find IZOD shirts with alligators on them. Those were cool looking. I have several IZOD shirts I purchased a year ago, but they have a different logo now.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I can't find IZOD shirts with alligators on them. Those were cool looking. I have several IZOD shirts I purchased a year ago, but they have a different logo now.
    Ah yes, the good old days. 501 jeans, Topsiders, Izod polo shirt with the little alligator and Vaurnet sunglasses with the string so that they could fall down on your chest when not in use. Valley Girl is a good movie to watch for 80's style tips.

Ithought le cost had the alligator logo
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    Ithought le cost had the alligator logo
    Le Coq brand name is only famous in Europe, especially France and le Coq T-shirt is expensive there. When my HS friends came to USA , that's all they bought because it's much cheaper here, NO ONE gives the sh$$$t about "Polo" T-shirts in France , on the other hand "Polo" T-shirt is a show-off brand for Asians... No I don't wear them unless I found them dirt cheap, I wear PkyHS logo (which we had to wear back then), I should take a pix and show it to you guys/girls/AC-DC,,, very unique and I am proud to wear it. I started that trend now my Pky friends in USA are doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    Le Coq brand name is only famous in Europe, especially France and le Coq T-shirt is expensive there. When my HS friends came to USA , that's all they bought because it's much cheaper here, NO ONE gives the sh$$$t about "Polo" T-shirts in France , on the other hand "Polo" T-shirt is a show-off brand for Asians... No I don't wear them unless I found them dirt cheap, I wear PkyHS logo (which we had to wear back then), I should take a pix and show it to you guys/girls/AC-DC,,, very unique and I am proud to wear it. I started that trend now my Pky friends in USA are doing it
    He is talking about Lecoste, which is far more upmarket than LeCoq Sportife

My attire is impeccable on and off the golf course. At any moment, I am likely wearing the equivalent of a mortgage payment.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    My attire is impeccable on and off the golf course. At any moment, I am likely wearing the equivalent of a mortgage payment.
    I stand corrected, the shirts I wore were Lacoste and at a huge sticker price of $20 which was very high back in 1982. The topsiders weren't cheap either and Vaurnets were $60. I had the yellow tint.

On another note I have decided to go GFF for a little while. I picked up a set of Mizuno MP-60 irons, 4-PW with Dynamic Gold R300 shafts for $119 and then I found a like new 3 iron at Play it Again Sports for $11.99 (same shaft but stiff). I also picked up a 'like new' Bridgestone Air Muscle Hybrid forged 3 iron with Fujikura Bansai shaft (s) for $19. Finally, I bought a barely-used Mizuno MP T-11 50 degree wedge for $59. This wedge looks and feels perfect with a Nippon Tour steel shaft. I like having 50 degrees as my gap wedge as the flight is a little lower than a 52 and I usually grip down on the gap wedge anyway so the difference between it and my PW is pretty significant.

I'm playing in my first stroke play USGA sanctioned event in quite awhile. It's the Net Amateur event and I'm playing in the local qualifying on Tuesday. They break it down into four flights and I'm in the first one. The first flight is 0 to 6.7 handicap index and I'm a 6.1 right now. That should work in my favor. I think I'll need to shoot 75 or better to qualify for the two day championship in Los Angeles. There are a few keys to these tournaments that I've found to be true over the years:

1. Do not practice too much before the round and don't get there too early
    2. Do whatever it takes to make par on the first hole but don't play ultra safe.
    3. Practice chipping and putting more than anything else.
    4. There are a lot of holes to play. Settle down and just play your game.
    Last edited by famousdavis; 03-07-2012 at 07:47 AM.

I stand corrected, the shirts I wore were Lacoste and at a huge sticker price of $20 which was very high back in 1982. The topsiders weren't cheap either and Vaurnets were $60. I had the yellow tint.

HB, a mortgage payment on a trailer can't be that high.
    However, those LaCoste shirts would last years with minimal care as would the Top Siders/Dock Siders. Nowadays, the crap you buy is lucky to last for a year or two.

Please note that trailers are not real property and traditional mortgages are not available to finance them unless the trailer is affixed to the ground and the ground is also owned in fee by the trailer owner. Trailer financing is just like getting a car loan. Most trailers are situated in trailer parks and the trailer owners pay a montly pad rent which can range from a hundred a bit more in a ghetto park up to almost a grand in a place with expensive mobiles, good upscale location, stringent park rules & regs, and expensive park amenities.

To be honest, I've never played Cobra irons for more than a few strikes on the golf course. Has anyone played these? They've got some great reviews on here and on WRX.
    I'm familiar with one set of Cobra irons. My brother Carlo (Nifty), who was a bit of a club ho, once tried a set of borrowed Cobra CXI irons. He liked them, but the lofts and loft increments did not line up to his liking.

He ended up buying a used set of Cobra CXI women's model, gold logo instead of blue, reshafted them, and played an entire season with them. Since I got to try a lot of his stuff, especially if it was inspired by one of his original ideas, I got to try these.

Obviously, the CXI doesn't have much in common with the more recent models. But if we're just talking about the Cobra brand, there was nothing wrong with these irons. They were a well made, well designed set.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I'm familiar with one set of Cobra irons. My brother Carlo (Nifty), who was a bit of a club ho, once tried a set of borrowed Cobra CXI irons. He liked them, but the lofts and loft increments did line up to his liking.

He ended up buying a used set of Cobra CXI women's model, gold logo instead of blue, reshafted them, and played an entire season with them. Since I got to try a lot of his stuff, especially if it was inspired by one of his original ideas, I got to try these.

Obviously, the CXI doesn't have much in common with the more recent models. But if we're just talking about the Cobra brand, there was nothing wrong with these irons. They were a well made, well designed set.

Nifty, interesting that you brought up the Cobra CXI iron because it was an exact replica of the Ping Eye 2. If you look at both irons it was a clear attempt by Cobra to replicate the Ping Eye 2 but with stronger lofts. I don't think the CXI did very well but I think they came back stronger with the FP and S9 line of irons.

However, their latest offerings and pairing with Fowler is the best thing they've done in quite awhile. The Cobra AMP irons (with orange grips and insert) is a great looking iron. The new driver is starting to get attention by club ho's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottsy View Post
    He is talking about LeCoste, which is far more upmarket than LeCoq Sportife
    Yes, I fukkkked it up... I was thinking of LeCoste when I wrote LeCoq... Excusez-moi... my French really fukkked up since I have not used it in 40 yrs.

The alligator is getting much bigger in size the last time I saw... WTF, same thing with Polo

Yes, I fukkkked it up... I was thinking of LeCoste when I wrote LeCoq... Excusez-moi... my French really fukkked up since I have not used it in 40 yrs.

The alligator is getting much bigger in size the last time I saw... WTF, same thing with Polo
    That should be pardonnez moi.

With the LeCoste shirts, I always bought the ones that had the firmer material. They had a soft cotten version and then another material that was a little thicker and firmer. This, of course, was perfect for turning the back collar up with my new wave haircut; having the hair lightly frosted at the ends, like Simon Le Bon.

That should be pardonnez moi.
    guys/girls/AC-DC... I fukkked it up again

I still remember my HS French teacher told us that that you dummmmm sh$$$t probably would say "Oui, Oui..." instead of 'Pas de quoi'...

With the LeCoste shirts, I always bought the ones that had the firmer material. They had a soft cotten version and then another material that was a little thicker and firmer. This, of course, was perfect for turning the back collar up with my new wave haircut; having the hair lightly frosted at the ends, like Simon Le Bon.
    FD... You will be very famous wearing your LeCoste shirts in Paris, especially with a biggggg fukkkkking allegator logo

FD... You will be very famous wearing your LeCoste shirts in Paris, especially with a biggggg fukkkkking allegator logo
    Nope, when in Paris I wear black leather pants, black shoes and tight black tee shirt and I cruise up in my motorcycle. The chicks go crazy.

You mean moped instead of motorcyle don't ya?
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Nope, when in Paris I wear black leather pants, black shoes and tight black tee shirt and I cruise up in my motorcycle. The chicks go crazy.
    I don't know about chicks in Paris but I know for sure that there are a lot more AC-DC in Paris and they love your outfits

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    You mean moped instead of motorcyle don't ya?
    Those Euros have scooters that will top 100 mph. Like what those shooters (Oops! I meant Papparazzi) were riding in the tunnel in Paris when they did Lady Di, the Land Mine Princess, who was about to marry a goat-herd and procreate a little mohammed with him.

Nifty, interesting that you brought up the Cobra CXI iron because it was an exact replica of the Ping Eye 2. If you look at both irons it was a clear attempt by Cobra to replicate the Ping Eye 2 but with stronger lofts. I don't think the CXI did very well but I think they came back stronger with the FP and S9 line of irons.

However, their latest offerings and pairing with Fowler is the best thing they've done in quite awhile. The Cobra AMP irons (with orange grips and insert) is a great looking iron. The new driver is starting to get attention by club ho's all over.
    If we are talking easy to hit shovels the cobra gravity back was as good as it gets. I remember about 13 years ago I boughg a new set and it was down to the gravity back or the tps 6. The cobras actually felt sweeter and were easier to hit but I was put off because of their game improvement rep. I dont regret getting the powerbilts as they are superb clubs but I wouldnt mind a set of regular flex gravity backs in the garage for those times when I go through slumps and have trouble with my timing. They are the best sgi shovels Ive ever hit
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

I took the MP-60's to the range today. I hit them side by side with the Titleist 990's. After the first few hits with the MP-60s I was pretty amazed at how soft they felt. Probably the softest feeling cavity back I've played. The Titleist, by comparison, feels a little more solid and together, like I'm swinging in one fluid motion. Distance wise I think they were about the same with the MP-60 maybe a couple yards longer.

What really surprised me was how well I hit the MP-60 3,4 & 5 irons. I was absolutely crushing the 3 iron. I'm very impressed and can't wait to try them on the course.

All of this super game improvement iron stuff is really stupid. I realize today after hitting the MP-60 that you really don't need more game improvement than a player's cavity back. I mean, maybe if you shoot 90's and above you might need something bigger but I still don't see how it would help much. I know a few people that play the Callaway 2002 Big Bertha's and those are basically a full set of hybrids. To each his own.

I took the MP-60's to the range today. I hit them side by side with the Titleist 990's. After the first few hits with the MP-60s I was pretty amazed at how soft they felt. Probably the softest feeling cavity back I've played. The Titleist, by comparison, feels a little more solid and together, like I'm swinging in one fluid motion. Distance wise I think they were about the same with the MP-60 maybe a couple yards longer.

What really surprised me was how well I hit the MP-60 3,4 & 5 irons. I was absolutely crushing the 3 iron. I'm very impressed and can't wait to try them on the course.

All of this super game improvement iron stuff is really stupid. I realize today after hitting the MP-60 that you really don't need more game improvement than a player's cavity back. I mean, maybe if you shoot 90's and above you might need something bigger but I still don't see how it would help much. I know a few people that play the Callaway 2002 Big Bertha's and those are basically a full set of hybrids. To each his own.
    Congratulations FD.

You've finally seen the light and taken your first steps into a brave new shovel less world.

Cast the Ping Eye2s aside and head towards the light ...
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

I would guess that the regular shafts in the MP 60s had something to do with how good they felt and went. It has always been my honest opinion that the main reason players struggle with so called players irons or blades is because as these types of clubs are directed at better players, they usually have S300 or stiffer shafts in them. If you put R300s in them anyone who can break 90 could use blades. Everyone sees pros use really stiff shafts, but forget that those guys ar so talented and practice so hard that they put a good swing on it every time and don't need the forgiveness of regular shafts like hackers do. I can hit stiff shafts but shouldn't use them. I've used both over the years and I am man enough to admit that even though I can hit S300s as well as R300s on good swings, I have more consistency with R300s and less jarring. This is especially true in the longer irons. I came to this realisation about 10 years ago and always swapped out the S300s for R300s in at least 3, 4 and 5 iron, and sometimes the entire set. My current set has stiff right through the bag, and although they are a touch softer than S300, I still feel that I need to put a really good swing on the 3 and 4 for it to feel sweet. If I could find a set of GFF MP irons second hand with R300s for a good price I would buy them, but I don't want ot shell out for a set of second hand irons, then have to stump up another $30 a club getting them reshafted.

I would guess that the regular shafts in the MP 60s had something to do with how good they felt and went. It has always been my honest opinion that the main reason players struggle with so called players irons or blades is because as these types of clubs are directed at better players, they usually have S300 or stiffer shafts in them. If you put R300s in them anyone who can break 90 could use blades. Everyone sees pros use really stiff shafts, but forget that those guys ar so talented and practice so hard that they put a good swing on it every time and don't need the forgiveness of regular shafts like hackers do. I can hit stiff shafts but shouldn't use them. I've used both over the years and I am man enough to admit that even though I can hit S300s as well as R300s on good swings, I have more consistency with R300s and less jarring. This is especially true in the longer irons. I came to this realisation about 10 years ago and always swapped out the S300s for R300s in at least 3, 4 and 5 iron, and sometimes the entire set. My current set has stiff right through the bag, and although they are a touch softer than S300, I still feel that I need to put a really good swing on the 3 and 4 for it to feel sweet. If I could find a set of GFF MP irons second hand with R300s for a good price I would buy them, but I don't want ot shell out for a set of second hand irons, then have to stump up another $30 a club getting them reshafted.
    I totally disagree. I have played both the R300 and S300 and to me the difference is absolutely negligible. Yes the R300 feels marginally softer and you perhaps get a slightly higher ball flight but I am currently bagging the MP58s with S300 and absolutely love them. Admittedly my longest iron is the 4 iron but I have no problem at all launching that as high and long as I do with an R300 shaft. In fact it is a pleasure to hit them. Same with the Z101s, they have S300.

The only difference with the extra stiffness of the S300 IMO is the tighter dispersion and more control you feel vs the slightly more whippy feel of the R300. To be honest I could happily play either but you are correct that the S300 is most common in players irons like the MP60s or MP58s therefore you are more likely to pick up a bargain with S300 shafts than R300.

The big difference between the DG shaft (R300 or S300) and the shafts you generally get in chopper shovels is the weight IMO. They are both noticeably heavier. R300 = 127gms, S300 = 130gms vs about 90gms in many chopper shovels. I reckon this more than anything else is the reason that older or weaker players with slower swing speeds might struggle with DG shafts be they R300 or S300.

Now where the f#ck am I?

"Chopper shovels" are more aesthetically offending than they used to be.

There was a time when game improvement irons weren't overloaded with graphics and contrasting textures. (Google image the Browning 440 iron of the 1970s.)

Now, it's conceivable that a player who might benefit from playing them would eschew them for the offending aesthetics alone.

In any case, I think the technology is suspect in the more recent versions. The OEMs just want to sell new stuff to people who don't necessarily need it. Stuff that's not always as good as what it replaces.
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 03-08-2012 at 09:03 AM.

"Chopper shovels" are more aesthetically offending than they used to be.

There was a time when game improvement irons weren't overloaded with graphics and contrasting textures.

Now, it's conceivable that a player who might benefit from playing them would eschew them for the offending aesthetics alone.

In any case, I think the technology is suspect in the more recent versions. The OEMs just want to sell new stuff to people who don't necessarily need it. Stuff that's not always as good as what it replaces.
    You are preaching to the choir on this forum my friend.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    I totally disagree. I have played both the R300 and S300 and to me the difference is absolutely negligible. Yes the R300 feels marginally softer and you perhaps get a slightly higher ball flight but I am currently bagging the MP58s with S300 and absolutely love them. Admittedly my longest iron is the 4 iron but I have no problem at all launching that as high and long as I do with an R300 shaft. In fact it is a pleasure to hit them. Same with the Z101s, they have S300.

The only difference with the extra stiffness of the S300 IMO is the tighter dispersion and more control you feel vs the slightly more whippy feel of the R300. To be honest I could happily play either but you are correct that the S300 is most common in players irons like the MP60s or MP58s therefore you are more likely to pick up a bargain with S300 shafts than R300.

The big difference between the DG shaft (R300 or S300) and the shafts you generally get in chopper shovels is the weight IMO. They are both noticeably heavier. R300 = 127gms, S300 = 130gms vs about 90gms in many chopper shovels. I reckon this more than anything else is the reason that older or weaker players with slower swing speeds might struggle with DG shafts be they R300 or S300.
    I think there is a big difference in feel in the shorter irons when comparing R300 vs. S300. The longer irons seem to perform better with S300. With the shorter irons, it seems like the R300 compresses the ball better and provides a really soft feel. Of course it depends on your swing speed but I tend to agree with NAH that most people would be more inclined to play forged irons if they had a regular shaft in them.

One thing that was pretty glaring about the MP-60s was the feedback you get from a toe hit. You can really feel it when you miss. This leads me to believe that GI irons actually hide this feedback and lead you to believe that you've hit it solid when you really haven't. That may be the secret to playing a forged cavity back; the ability to focus on hitting the center of the clubface as to avoid that horrible feeling of hitting it on the toe or heel. Conversely, it also enables you to focus on hitting the center of the clubface to get that blissful, butter-soft feeling that is nothing short of pure bliss.

I think there is a big difference in feel in the shorter irons when comparing R300 vs. S300. The longer irons seem to perform better with S300. With the shorter irons, it seems like the R300 compresses the ball better and provides a really soft feel. Of course it depends on your swing speed but I tend to agree with NAH that most people would be more inclined to play forged irons if they had a regular shaft in them.

One thing that was pretty glaring about the MP-60s was the feedback you get from a toe hit. You can really feel it when you miss. This leads me to believe that GI irons actually hide this feedback and lead you to believe that you've hit it solid when you really haven't. That may be the secret to playing a forged cavity back; the ability to focus on hitting the center of the clubface as to avoid that horrible feeling of hitting it on the toe or heel. Conversely, it also enables you to focus on hitting the center of the clubface to get that blissful, butter-soft feeling that is nothing short of pure bliss.
    It is time for you to leave oh grasshopper

Remember your swing speed decreases per iron going down in distance,Thats why the R300 will feel better in the short irons and the stiff in the long irons, The swing speed difference in my 6 iron and Driver is about 20 mph....The difference in my 6-pw is very little though....Only the steepness of my swing changes then...alot
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

PS the grain flow forged MB irons can shape pretty sideways when you want them,Playing around on the driving range I have hit my 7 iron mp33 about 160m,but with a 50m hook.....A slice I can do about 35m controlled. They really allow more room for workability.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

I just picked up a scratchy old set of DCI copies for $30 on flea bay. Will take possession this weekend. I bought them basically cause I want a set of irons with R300 shafts in them and Powerbilts have slightly different diameter shafts and are too hard and expensive to replace. Not sure what shafts these have in them as the seller has no idea about golf, but hopefully they are regular. The grips will need replacing, but hopefully I won't have to replace the shafts. I won't be too concerned if I have to reshaft them though as I only really bought them for the heads at that price. If the shafts are good to go it will be a bonus. I have a good feeling about these irons. I think they will be keepers and might nudge the TPS out of the bag.

I've been looking for more of a semi-game improvement iron with less offset....
    What I would buy.
    http://www.calgolftech.com/products/..._forgedcb.html

CALIFORNIA GOLF TECHNOLOGIES
    Forged Cavity Back Progressive Offset Irons
    stamping246789
    loft21°26°31°36°41°46°
    lie60°60.5°61°61.5°62°62.5°
    length39"38⅜"37¾"37⅛"36½"35⅞"
    bounce
    swingweightD1
    shaftAldila NV Pro 105 R-Flex
    gripWinn Excel std. size black
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 03-12-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

The mp-60 is quite a nice cavity back. I purchased a set with rifle flighted, and a new set with px shafts. I enjoyed several years of golf with them. I probably should have looked into dg shafts, as I may have still had them. I had several wrist injuries with the px shaft, and pretty much none with dg. The one thing they require is practice, it's a fairly compact head.
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich View Post
    The mp-60 is quite a nice cavity back. I purchased a set with rifle flighted, and a new set with px shafts. I enjoyed several years of golf with them. I probably should have looked into dg shafts, as I may have still had them. I had several wrist injuries with the px shaft, and pretty much none with dg. The one thing they require is practice, it's a fairly compact head.
    Yesterday I played 36 holes of golf. The first 9 holes I played with the MP-60 irons for the first time. I thought they felt great, looked great and set up great but that's where it ended. The ball flight is too high and I think the R300 is too flexible for my swing. I honestly didn't need to play 18 with them because I could tell right away that the flight was really off.

The second 9 of the first 18 holes I used the Ping i15 irons with Z-Z65 shafts and they performed pretty good. The feel wasn't nearly as good as the MP-60 but the ball flight was better and they were a little longer in distance. I really liked the shorter irons. However, after 9 holes I knew I wouldn't be keeping them. There simply wasn't anything that stood out about them.

So, for the second 18 holes I decided to put into the bag my most recently-acquired set. Last Thursday, I met a guy outside of the golf store to take a look at a set of Ping Eye 2+ (no plus) irons, 2-SW, ZZ Lite shafts and original Pingman grips. $130 later I was the owner.

I felt like I was home again. The Ping Eye 2 irons provide prefect trajectory, awesome feel and good enough distance, certainly not less distance than I experienced with the MP-60 or i15. Maybe slightly less in the PW and 9 iron. Regardless, I went on to shoot 77 (mostly because of bad putting and chipping) and had 14 GIR.

I put new grips on my Eye 2+ (no plus) last night and they are rip rarin' to go for my upcoming USGA net amateur tournament.

I put new grips on my Eye 2+ (no plus) last night and they are rip rarin' to go for my upcoming USGA net amateur tournament.
    The Eye Two was one of the most popular irons of all time. Multiple lie options, which was great, while strangely, no shaft options, even for flex.

What I don't understand is how the faces can still be flat on them. They must be very worn unless they weren't played regularly.

In any case, I thought the long irons were excellent while the short irons were too offset for me to play with them at all. That was before Ping went to progressive offset.

The Eye Two was one of the most popular irons of all time. Multiple lie options, which was great, while strangely, no shaft options, even for flex.

What I don't understand is how the faces can still be flat on them. They must be very worn unless they weren't played regularly.

In any case, I thought the long irons were excellent while the short irons were too offset for me to play with them at all. That was before Ping went to progressive offset.

Ping was one of the first companies to build clubs through investment casting. The first part of the process is to dip the original mold of the iron into hot wax. Next, they spray a ceramic liquid onto the wax that hardens and can be heated up to 2,000 degrees. They then melt the wax and let it pour out of the ceramic mold. They then pour the stainless steel into the ceramic molds and take it through a heating process that condenses the metal more than other similarly-made clubs. Next, they once again "heat treat" the heads so that they can be adjusted at a later date. Next, they tumble the heads to give them the coveted sandblasted look. Other companies have attempted to copy with no avail.

The clubs I purchased the other day are the Ping Eye 2+ (no plus) model. This particular Ping Eye 2 iron was made for only 6 months while Karsten was battling it out with the USGA over the square groove issue. My clubs have the square grooves in the latest Ping eye 2 clubhead design. It is called "no plus" because it is the same head design as the Ping Eye 2+ but yet there is no "+" in the cavity. The next generation was the Ping Eye 2+ without square grooves.

The faces on the clubs I purchased are perfect. Deep grooves, no scratches and no dings. They had seen little play as evidenced by the fact that the original Pingman grips were still in great condition, abeit a tad dry. I have since replaced with Ping grips. You see, one must always regrip his Eye 2s with nothing other than genuine Ping grips. To do otherwise is sacriledge.

You commented on Ping's limited availability of customized shafts. Back in the day of the Ping Eye 2 (the biggest selling iron of all time) the ZZ-Lite was considered to be the most revolutionary shaft ever created. To some, myself included, it still is. It worked for the expert golfer as well as the novice. It was a lightweight, stiff shaft that provided an optimal launch angle that penetrated through the air and clouds like the stealth bomber.

You may be asking yourself "how could the average player benefit from a shaft that was lightweight and stiff"? My friend, you ain't the first person to ask this question. The genius behind the ZZ-Lite shaft is the soft tip combined with a lightweight and stiff shaft. This very shaft enabled the great player, like myself, to hit shots that bored through the wind and stopped on a dime. Unfortunately, Ping has never been able to dupliate the greatness of the Ping Eye 2 plus with ZZ-Lite. That's why I still play them.

Ping...play your best.

Lecoste Shirts

Funny, but very shortly after this thread started a discussion on Lecoste shirts I went to Costco and saw there there. I was surprised how pricey they are at Costco ($49.99). I've attached a photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z lecoste.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	2818  

Funny, but very shortly after this thread started a discussion on Lecoste shirts I went to Costco and saw there there. I was surprised how pricey they are at Costco ($49.99). I've attached a photo.
    I've shopped Costco for over 12 yrs and as far as clothing goes, I believe that they purchase "leftover"... it does not mean lesser quality, it just means that clothing is way behind "trend",,, Macy and other stores may have ordered 100,000 shirts, manufacturer makes more than that order "just in case", so Costco would buy the excess shirts, that's what I means by "leftover"... for that price I can get just about everywhere , when on sales and perhaps better quality

I've shopped Costco for over 12 yrs and as far as clothing goes, I believe that they purchase "leftover"... it does not mean lesser quality, it just means that clothing is way behind "trend",,, Macy and other stores may have ordered 100,000 shirts, manufacturer makes more than that order "just in case", so Costco would buy the excess shirts, that's what I means by "leftover"... for that price I can get just about everywhere , when on sales and perhaps better quality

No, that is completely incorrect. Costco works directly with the manufacturers and simply buys in very large quantities. Some of the clothing is made specifically for Costco and can't be found elsewhere.

Since Costco's primary target audience is caucasian, middle to upper-middle class, average age of 50 and an average income of around $85,000 it's actually relatively easy for them to pick their clothing lines, colors, etc.

Generally speaking, you'll find clothing that is more conservative in nature with the basic colors represented. Sometimes they offer designer jeans but in general they will be dark or medium blue, straight leg, etc.

Many people mistake Costco as another Wal Mart. They are completely different concepts and the demographics of the customers couldn't be more different.

Anyone?

Can anyone guess what the attached photo has to do with FD?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z granite.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	2819  

Can anyone guess what the attached photo has to do with FD?

You masturbated using that headcover?
    GR lives...

I play 2002 Callaway OS Cavity back graphites. But I practice with all sorts of clubs, some graphite, some steel shafts, some cavity back, even an old forged blade. My conclusion: I hit the ball crisp off grass or mat and the ball goes straight and long IF I SWING correctly. Fundamental correct movement is the ONLY factor. The clubshaft type, graphite or steel, simply doesn't matter. Offset doesn't matter. The type of clubhead doesn't matter. Even the iron number doesn't matter, except that longer clubs are much less forgiving.

If I hit off the mat, I use a piece of chalk to mark the target line and the ball position. I try to take NO chalk behind the ball and as much as possible in front of the ball-- to simulate making a good divot on grass.

But there is no doubt that we MUST have good fundamentals to hit it well with longer irons. So I usually practice with a 2i. Any old brand from the used barrel will do just fine.

So a teaching pro simply doesn't care which brand, which shaft material, which clubhead type you bring to the lesson.

Bottom line: if your fundamentals are wrong, you will look like an idiot swinging a $2000 set of fitted custom clubs. Its not the clubs. BTW in bowling it is not the ball, in tennis it is not the racket, in handball it is not the gloves, in baseball it is not the bat, in guitar it is not the instrument.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    I play 2002 Callaway OS Cavity back graphites. But I practice with all sorts of clubs, some graphite, some steel shafts, some cavity back, even an old forged blade. My conclusion: I hit the ball crisp off grass or mat and the ball goes straight and long IF I SWING correctly. Fundamental correct movement is the ONLY factor. The clubshaft type, graphite or steel, simply doesn't matter. Offset doesn't matter. The type of clubhead doesn't matter. Even the iron number doesn't matter, except that longer clubs are much less forgiving.

If I hit off the mat, I use a piece of chalk to mark the target line and the ball position. I try to take NO chalk behind the ball and as much as possible in front of the ball-- to simulate making a good divot on grass.

But there is no doubt that we MUST have good fundamentals to hit it well with longer irons. So I usually practice with a 2i. Any old brand from the used barrel will do just fine.

So a teaching pro simply doesn't care which brand, which shaft material, which clubhead type you bring to the lesson.

Bottom line: if your fundamentals are wrong, you will look like an idiot swinging a $2000 set of fitted custom clubs. Its not the clubs. BTW in bowling it is not the ball, in tennis it is not the racket, in handball it is not the gloves, in baseball it is not the bat, in guitar it is not the instrument.

Larry
    In bowling, it certainly is the ball. Simple physics dictates that two balls rolled at the same speed with the same spin striking the pins at exactly the same spot at the same angle will affect the set of 10 pins differently if one ball weighs ten pounds and the other is a sixteen pounder.

A crappy player playing the best hand-carved master-luthier crafted guitar will still sound like crap. A virtuoso guitarist playing a cheap piece of crap will still sound wonderful. Give the virtuouso the great guitar and you will have the music of the angels.

Back in my baseball days in the 50's and '60's, if you got a really good bat, you did not practice with it or let anyone else use it. And with the right bat, you would never pull back and take a fast hard pitch because of how it might sting. With "your" bat, you would crush it. Metal bats have ruined the game of baseball for kids.

I agree that practicing hitting balls with unforgiving nasty blades with bad shafts is a good way to groove your swing. SEALS have a motto that goes something like "The more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in battle." Amongst others. My favourite is "The only easy day was yesterday."

Unless it is snowing, (and it never does!) I wear shorts, tennis shoes with short socks. On the range I wear tennis shirts. On the course I wear nicer golf shirts. This is S. California.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    Unless it is snowing, (and it never does!) I wear shorts, tennis shoes with short socks. On the range I wear tennis shirts. On the course I wear nicer golf shirts. This is S. California.

Larry
    When I lived in San Diego, there was a period when I went without shoes for over a year. Back east I never play golf wearing shorts. Long pants due to mosquitoes and deer ticks.

In bowling, it certainly is the ball. Simple physics dictates that two balls rolled at the same speed with the same spin striking the pins at exactly the same spot at the same angle will affect the set of 10 pins differently if one ball weighs ten pounds and the other is a sixteen pounder.

A crappy player playing the best hand-carved master-luthier crafted guitar will still sound like crap. A virtuoso guitarist playing a cheap piece of crap will still sound wonderful. Give the virtuouso the great guitar and you will have the music of the angels.

Back in my baseball days in the 50's and '60's, if you got a really good bat, you did not practice with it or let anyone else use it. And with the right bat, you would never pull back and take a fast hard pitch because of how it might sting. With "your" bat, you would crush it. Metal bats have ruined the game of baseball for kids.

I agree that practicing hitting balls with unforgiving nasty blades with bad shafts is a good way to groove your swing. SEALS have a motto that goes something like "The more you bleed in training, the less you bleed in battle." Amongst others. My favourite is "The only easy day was yesterday."
    Of course the Marines love to say, "whatever doesn't kill you, --- makes you stronger!"

We are developing golfers. My point is that we cannot buy a golf game--and that buying golf clubs is no substitute for lessons and hard work on the range; it simply won't make any difference! A player with poor fundamentals and the best clubs will absolutely stink up even the nicest golf course. He won't be able to hit balls decently on the range! A poor bowler will make a fool of himself with even with the best fitted ball. And a poor player WILL sound like szit even with the best guitar.

Good performance is TOTALLY a matter of correct technique and hard work. Of course accomplished players like good stuff, but as Lee Trevino said, he could beat most amateurs with a bottle taped to a stick!

larry

This is the main reason I decided to make the switch to the MP-69's. I don't believe that players irons or blades are any harder to hit than a GI iron, I just think they let you know how bad your swing actually is and to achieve improvement you have to put some time and effort into your golf. I only really pure around 7-10 shots a round but but my misses are not as bad as they used to be, and my swing has improved alot. Looking forward to going out for a round with OP so I can get some good feedback. I hope he doesn't charge me too much.

Took possession of the$30 DCI knock offs today. Too early to call but from my first impression these could be my new gamers. Took the 7 iron to a field and hit about 50 balls. Very nice feel and powerful ball flight. I was initially disappointed when I found these had s400s in them, but if the 7 is indicative of the set they will do just fine. As a bonus they are about 3/4 inch long which is perfect for me. The grips are slippery so I will need new grips, but I will be in a new set of irons for under a hunge. Might have to put softer shafts in the long irons but I dont think so after hitting the 7 so easily. It felt very easy to load.

Took possession of the$30 DCI knock offs today. Too early to call but from my first impression these could be my new gamers. Took the 7 iron to a field and hit about 50 balls. Very nice feel and powerful ball flight. I was initially disappointed when I found these had s400s in them, but if the 7 is indicative of the set they will do just fine. As a bonus they are about 3/4 inch long which is perfect for me. The grips are slippery so I will need new grips, but I will be in a new set of irons for under a hunge. Might have to put softer shafts in the long irons but I dont think so after hitting the 7 so easily. It felt very easy to load.
    The MP 30/33 combo set I have also has the S400 shaft. No problem at all. The difference from S300 was barely noticeable for me.

Now where the f#ck am I?

The MP 30/33 combo set I have also has the S400 shaft. No problem at all. The difference from S300 was barely noticeable for me.
    From my limited exposure I would say that I actualy prefer the S400. If it is just a slightly heavier S300 that would explain why I like it, as I prefer heavier shafts in my ironsas it helps me feel the weight throughout the swing. I was hitting it very consistently tonite and when I got my swing right the S400 was producing a beautiful flight, good distance and buttery feel.

From my limited exposure I would say that I actualy prefer the S400. If it is just a slightly heavier S300 that would explain why I like it, as I prefer heavier shafts in my ironsas it helps me feel the weight throughout the swing. I was hitting it very consistently tonite and when I got my swing right the S400 was producing a beautiful flight, good distance and buttery feel.
    Yeah definitely a solid feeling shaft and also a soft buttery feeling when you pure them.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yeah definitely a solid feeling shaft and also a soft buttery feeling when you pure them.
    As I said in another thread, I think I may have been wrong about shaft stiffness. I have recently tried something different in the downswing, letting the hands drop and sort of pull the butt toward the ball with passive arms, and I've been flushing the hell out of my irons with little effort. I've seen plenty of whimps on tour (like Furyk) who hit super stiff irons (Rifle 7.0 I think) so maybe a correct technique is what's required to play stiffer irons. It now seems that if you load the shaft correctly during the swing, stiffness (positively) affects accuracy and ball flight more than distance. If you don't swing the club properly though I think stiffer shafts cost you distance, but for my swing at the moment that isn't an issue. I'm looking forward to taking these sticks out on the course.

So much I agree with here... musical instruments can be tricky analogies. Take cymbals for example... the best drummer in the world can't make a cheap stamped cymbal sound good, it will always sound like crap. This is why you have to shell out the dough for hand hammered cymbals with the proper alloy. Of course once the sound gets digitized. cymbals go back to sounding like crap anyways... which is why you want to listen to good drumming on vinyl whenever possible.

Violins are another oddity... the highest level virtuosos can only make so much tone with a student model before they need to find a foundation to "lease" them a Stradivarius. Even a $10-20K difference in the price of a violin can make or break the tone for the everyday player.

Totally agree on the bat thing too... had a Mike Schmidt model wooden bat. I was too short back then to be a power hitter anyways, so I went with the feel finesse thing... and that meant a wooden bat.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Metal bats have ruined the game of baseball for kids.
    Good ash doesn't really abound across the landscape anymore. Even those bats that MLB players use crack routinely.

All we need is to waste trees for ten and eleven years olds.

Plus alloy makes the game more fun for the little kids. Below high school level, they don't have the "plus three" rule. A twenty nine inch kid's bat can weigh as little as eighteen ounces. They can get around on anything.

As Ted Williams might have said, "Screw pitchers!"

As I said in another thread, I think I may have been wrong about shaft stiffness. I have recently tried something different in the downswing, letting the hands drop and sort of pull the butt toward the ball with passive arms, and I've been flushing the hell out of my irons with little effort. I've seen plenty of whimps on tour (like Furyk) who hit super stiff irons (Rifle 7.0 I think) so maybe a correct technique is what's required to play stiffer irons. It now seems that if you load the shaft correctly during the swing, stiffness (positively) affects accuracy and ball flight more than distance. If you don't swing the club properly though I think stiffer shafts cost you distance, but for my swing at the moment that isn't an issue. I'm looking forward to taking these sticks out on the course.
    For me, the difference between irons is all about the shafts it appears; I have been trying out different irons for 4 years with shafts of graphite and steel, flexes between Pings soft regular and Rifle 6.5; the best for me for accuracy are Dynamic Gold S300 and Project X 5.5. Distance with irons was not a priority, but surprisingly I hit the S300's the same length as my R300's. The MP 30's with S300's are staying in the bag, and the Callaway X Forged with PX 5.5 will be alternately used to the keep MP-30's pristine (see MP 30 Redux thread). For my digger iron swing and hard transition the sole grind on the heads plus the heavier weight shafts work; both R300 and S300 shafts work well, although I get better accuracy with the stiffness of S300, and alternately with the PX 5.5.

Quote Originally Posted by CPS View Post
    So much I agree with here... musical instruments can be tricky analogies. Take cymbals for example... the best drummer in the world can't make a cheap stamped cymbal sound good, it will always sound like crap. This is why you have to shell out the dough for hand hammered cymbals with the proper alloy. Of course once the sound gets digitized. cymbals go back to sounding like crap anyways... which is why you want to listen to good drumming on vinyl whenever possible.

Violins are another oddity... the highest level virtuosos can only make so much tone with a student model before they need to find a foundation to "lease" them a Stradivarius. Even a $10-20K difference in the price of a violin can make or break the tone for the everyday player.

Totally agree on the bat thing too... had a Mike Schmidt model wooden bat. I was too short back then to be a power hitter anyways, so I went with the feel finesse thing... and that meant a wooden bat.
    Never banged the drums much but heard some of the best in the world. One of which lives right in town but I think I am the only white man in the city who realizes that this guy is revered as a jazz drummer in the rest of the world. Couple of years ago he was in a used music gear shop near me and the owner told me that this drummer saw a certain 18" cymbal on display and told the owner that he'd been looking for same for quite awhile in several countries. The owner had about ten more of them brand new in storage and the drummer bought them all on the spot. When you are on stage with a drummer, you can tell if his gear is shite or gold.

On early Election Night my Ebay'd set of 2008 Cobra FP's arrived in the brown truck. I have not had occasion to hit these yet except for chipping them off the shag in the basement. Did you ever play yours or hit them off the turf and if so, what should I expect? I tend to be a digger rather than a sweeper and am hoping these soles will not dig quite as much as my Mizuno MX's.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

On early Election Night my Ebay'd set of 2008 Cobra FP's arrived in the brown truck. I have not had occasion to hit these yet except for chipping them off the shag in the basement. Did you ever play yours or hit them off the turf and if so, what should I expect? I tend to be a digger rather than a sweeper and am hoping these soles will not dig quite as much as my Mizuno MX's.

Cobra FP II irons: High ball flight coupled with a muted, yet satisfying feel with good distance. At address they appear a bit bulky, especially in the shorter irons. Essentially it's an oversized iron but with the saving grace of having a minimized offset. Stock grips are rough and annoying. I didn't like the high gloss finish. Compared to the original FP introduced two years prior, it's a bit more streamlined with a modern, straight line look thrown in. Google them and you'll see many positive reviews but, alas, that may partially be attributed to the fact that they can be had for cheap. In my humble estimation, value should never be a factor in the rating of a golf club.

Cobra FP II irons: High ball flight coupled with a muted, yet satisfying feel with good distance. At address they appear a bit bulky, especially in the shorter irons. Essentially it's an oversized iron but with the saving grace of having a minimized offset. Stock grips are rough and annoying. I didn't like the high gloss finish. Compared to the original FP introduced two years prior, it's a bit more streamlined with a modern, straight line look thrown in. Google them and you'll see many positive reviews but, alas, that may partially be attributed to the fact that they can be had for cheap. In my humble estimation, value should never be a factor in the rating of a golf club.
    Thanks for your opinion. I went exhaustively through all the internet reviews and comments I could find but found this thread and figured that you had at least hit them. I assume that the ones you got from 3Balls had the stiff Nip 1030's. I was going to go with those in regular flex but I found some used irons at the local Golfsmith with those shafts and they felt real dead. So I opted for the regular flex Aldila Proto "By You" shafts. The Cobras are about 20 or so grams heavier per club than the Mizuno MX 20's I put graphite shafts in. I did some research and found that the FP's have even less offset than my MP 14's and much less than the MX 20's and 23's down to the 6 iron. The soles look pretty big but I won't know until I start hitting them off tight lies. I can pretty much muscle anything out of rough.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Not sure if this would be a good deal or not but the course I play at has a bunch of complete demo sets on sale. Here is the one I was looking at for $450:

Bridgestone J38 Irons, Project X 5.5 shafts, original grips, great cond.

Bridgestone J38 Driver and 3 wood with the stock Motore F1 stiff shaft, 9.5 & 15 deg.

bridgestone J40 hybrid, Aldila Proto Hybrid shaft, 20 deg.

Two bridgestone J38 wedges, 54 & 58 degrees.

Ping Redwood Anser putter.

Bridgestone top of the line Cart Bag in good condition

Not sure if this would be a good deal or not but the course I play at has a bunch of complete demo sets on sale. Here is the one I was looking at for $450:

Bridgestone J38 Irons, Project X 5.5 shafts, original grips, great cond.

Bridgestone J38 Driver and 3 wood with the stock Motore F1 stiff shaft, 9.5 & 15 deg.

bridgestone J40 hybrid, Aldila Proto Hybrid shaft, 20 deg.

Two bridgestone J38 wedges, 54 & 58 degrees.

Ping Redwood Anser putter.

Bridgestone top of the line Cart Bag in good condition
    You should go demo that kit for a round. The broken up value
    might exceed the $450 enough to be worth acquisition. Sounds like a set that would get great action Down Under. See if they'll take $325 and throw in a dozen new B330-S's.

You should go demo that kit for a round. The broken up value
    might exceed the $450 enough to be worth acquisition. Sounds like a set that would get great action Down Under. See if they'll take $325 and throw in a dozen new B330-S's.
    I was thinking about it some more and it doesn't add up. The irons are worth about $250 but the driver and 3 wood wouldn't resell for much at all. Hybrid is worth hardly anything and you can't resell a bag. Putter is worth maybe $70. I'll pass.

Yesterday I was thrillin' & chillin' and I had a little time to my lonesome. Was driving round, doing errands & such when it suddenly hit me that I hadn't been to Golf Galaxy in a full 10 days. Imagine.

I walked in and said hello to the lads who were a little shocked that I'd waited a full 10 days before making another appearance. "Top of the evening to you Mr. FD" said one of the sales clerks named Tom. "It is a grand evening indeed, Thomas", I replied.

I sauntered over to the used club section, the only section of interest to me. To my delight, immediately I noticed that several clubs had made their debut in the past week. I returned the Cleveland TA-5 set exactly 29 days from purchase and received a store credit for $119 plus tax. I was ready to ho'.

This is what I purchased.

Titleist 907 D1 9.5 Degree with black Aldila exclusively for Titleist shaft, great cond, for $33.

Adams Speedline LP 3 wood with the velocity slot technology. Matrix HD Design Radix 5.1 S Flex shaft. it's a bright blue color. Sweetness. $33.99

Nicket 3DX Ironwood, 2/17* Hybrid with Aldila NV Hybrid 75-S Green shaft. $3.99. Yes, you read that correctly--$3.99.

I then purchased a dozen Titleist DT SoLo Yellow balls and then 6 of these Titleist Balls that were yellow but made in Japan. I guess they go 10 yards longer.

I skipped out of the store happy as a clam.

Adams

I saw this ad early this morning on Craigslist:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/3390471200.html

This ad should be the benchmark for all ads on Craigslist. It provides a great description of what is being sold, great photos, etc. I was thinking of sending an e-mail to the seller. Something like this:

"Good morning. I have no idea what type of golf clubs you are selling but I want them. I will pay the price you are asking. Thanks for posting some great photos and I'll be over to pick them up soon. After viewing your photos it appears you live in section 8 housing. I"ll be packing, so please don't be alarmed by the side arm".

This ad should be the benchmark for all ads on Craigslist. It provides a great description of what is being sold, great photos, etc.
    I was thinking of sending an e-mail to the seller. Something like this:

"Good morning. I have no idea what type of golf clubs you are selling but I want them. I will pay the price you are asking. Thanks for posting some great photos and I'll be over to pick them up soon. After viewing your photos it appears you live in section 8 housing. I"ll be packing, so please don't be alarmed by the side arm".
    Agreed. So, you buying them?

Now where the f#ck am I?

This ad should be the benchmark for all ads on Craigslist. It provides a great description of what is being sold, great photos, etc. I was thinking of sending an e-mail to the seller. Something like this:

The door molding appears to be more than one-piece so its not Section 8 housing. My guess is a garden apartment built in the late 1970's. My memory is a bit foggy but isn't Vista WTF out there in the high desert? That's enough gas in a V-8 SUV or pick-em-up truck to buy a new box of Pro V1x's.

The door molding appears to be more than one-piece so its not Section 8 housing. My guess is a garden apartment built in the late 1970's. My memory is a bit foggy but isn't Vista WTF out there in the high desert? That's enough gas in a V-8 SUV or pick-em-up truck to buy a new box of Pro V1x's.
    No, Vista is North near San Marcos and Rancho Sante Fe.

Thread Information