|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

PING, PING and PING AGAIN!!!!!!

I was checking the Masters leaderboard and notice that the top three players all play PING!!!!!

Cant see much Mizuno.......

It has been said here before but it wont harm to say it again. If you wanna play your best play PING!!!!

Please treat this thread as a public service announcement.
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Do guys like you and FD blub your eyes out when you win the monthly medal? Such effeminate behavior would be totally unacceptable to most real men but seems to be not only acceptable but almost encouraged by Ping players.

I'd like to shoot lower scores but not at the cost of giving up my mancard.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    Do guys like you and FD blub your eyes out when you win the monthly medal? Such effeminate behavior would be totally unacceptable to most real men but seems to be not only acceptable but almost encouraged by Ping players.

I'd like to shoot lower scores but not at the cost of giving up my mancard.
    It does appear that most none Ping players only blub about never winning. So on the strength of the Masters none Ping players must blub an awful lot.

You dont have to give up your manhood to play Ping Kiwi, but if you choose not to play Ping you will certainly give up any hope of being a winner...

Hope this helps
    WITB Ping K15 Driver, Nike SQ Sumo 16 deg "Thragina", Ping G15 4,5 and 6 hybrid, Callaway BB2002 7-SW, Ping Nome Putter

Quote Originally Posted by edgey View Post
    It does appear that most none Ping players only blub about never winning. So on the strength of the Masters none Ping players must blub an awful lot.

You dont have to give up your manhood to play Ping Kiwi, but if you choose not to play Ping you will certainly give up any hope of being a winner...

Hope this helps
    When a Ping player wins a real major and not that contrived invitational putting contest I will immediately book in for a Ping fitting. Until then I will continue to pee standing up and leave the manicures, pedicures and facials to my wife.
    Last edited by Kiwi Player; 04-09-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Now where the f#ck am I?

When a Ping player wins a real major and not that contrived invitational putting contest I will immediately book in for a Ping fitting. Until then I will continue to pee standing up and leave the manicures, pedicures and facials to my wife.
    I am assuming you have placed an arbitrary time limit on this as I am sure there have been any number of Ping winners of the US Open, The Open and the USPGA throughout the years.

How long a time span shall we place on your prejudice and desire to remain a loser (like all the other players in this years Masters).

In fact it is fine you dont play Ping, you can join the rest of the failures

Unfortunately Ping's winning pedigree in the Open goes all the way back to Calc and his Eye 2s. Cabrerra won a US Open with Ping irons of some description.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    Unfortunately Ping's winning pedigree in the Open goes all the way back to Calc and his Eye 2s. Cabrerra won a US Open with Ping irons of some description.
    I thought of Cabrerra and tried to imagine him crying. I don't see it happening. Ping has at least one boxer short wearing man on their ticket.

I wouldn't mind having a set of the old Ping Karsten irons. Then I could carry that funky little Chipo iron that matches them. And then the Zero putter that matches that.

Seriously cute stuff, I think, except for the butt ugly laminated woods with the thick necks. Remember them? And unlike FD, I never really cared for Ping's one model fits all steel shafts.

If I can say one thing about myself, it's this. What the tournament players play does not influence my own bag setup in the slightest. It never did, even when I was young. While I admired their skills on the course, I could never really learn to like most of those whitebreads.

(For one thing, they didn't speak with combination Boston/Italian accents. That's the only thing that sounded right to me when I was a kid. I got used to other accents when I went "away" to college in Cambridge-- a subway ride away from my home!)

I'm absolutely sure that it's me. And I'm rambling. That's how I get when I'm irritable. Too much ham. Too many cannoli. Too much wine.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by edgey View Post

I am assuming you have placed an arbitrary time limit on this as I am sure there have been any number of Ping winners of the US Open, The Open and the USPGA throughout the years.

How long a time span shall we place on your prejudice and desire to remain a loser (like all the other players in this years Masters).

In fact it is fine you dont play Ping, you can join the rest of the failures
    Ok you got me. I would like to congratulate Ping on another successful major. I enjoyed watching both those guys coming down the stretch and Bubba's recovery shot in the playoff was incredible.

I know you like to bag us Mizuno guys but really Luke Donald is our only big name representative

Ping has done very well with the number of wins in recent majors. Considering how many players play Taylormade they must have the worst strike rate in majors in recent years. Have they won any? Wait a minute how could I forget Y.E. Yang in the 2009 PGA manshaming Tiger with his gaybrids.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Ok you got me. I would like to congratulate Ping on another successful major. I enjoyed watching both those guys coming down the stretch and Bubba's recovery shot in the playoff was incredible.

I know you like to bag us Mizuno guys but really Luke Donald is our only big name representative

Ping has done very well with the number of wins in recent majors. Considering how many players play Taylormade they must have the worst strike rate in majors in recent years. Have they won any? Wait a minute how could I forget Y.E. Yang in the 2009 PGA manshaming Tiger with his gaybrids.
    Y E Yang is indeed a true hero and the only player to make Tiger his biatch in a major.

I still think that in the main TM gear is pretty shite, but i have to admit a lot of Pro's are using those pesky R11 drivers.

Just wondering how many people Ping has under contract versus Mizuno?
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

After looking on their website, I counted 97 people in various tours that play ping clubs. Do you think they are all playing Pings for nothing?
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

By the way, Mizuno sponsors five.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    By the way, Mizuno sponsors five.
    How many players does Taylormade have?

Now where the f#ck am I?

The answer to that would be 29.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post

The answer to that would be 29.
    Like Edgey said, it seems like everybody is swinging the R11s on tour. I would have thought this number would have been a lot higher.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    Like Edgey said, it seems like everybody is swinging the R11s on tour. I would have thought this number would have been a lot higher.
    A lot of them. But then those damn white heads really stand out. The tinny clinking sound they make at impact really bothers me just hearing it on TV. I don't care how far it goes, if it sounds like cheap crap then it must feel that way too. If it doesn't feel and sound good at impact, I'll move on to something else.

It amazes me that Mizuno hasn't come up with a really good driver that those few playing its irons on tour will use. I saw a YouTube video recently of Luke Donald testing out a new Mizuno driver on a range. There was a real expensive looking launch monitor next to him and about six Japanese men with thick black plastic frame glasses and plastic pocket protectors-- the prototypical nerd scientists-- rapping to each other in Nippon after each drive Luke hit. I guess that testing came off the tracks since he's bagging that shite-stick.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Me too. I'm wondering if there is something cryptic in jt's answer. Thought they would be higher than Ping.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Me too. I'm wondering if there is something cryptic in jt's answer. Thought they would be higher than Ping.
    I think he is referring to pros usinv their irons. Drivers and balls and wedges usually dont count as contracted players. Dont know why this is but it seems to be.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

For years Ping didn't pay tour players to play their clubs, but more then a few pro's used them anyways, even though they could have gotten good money to play other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrickv8 View Post
    For years Ping didn't pay tour players to play their clubs, but more then a few pro's used them anyways, even though they could have gotten good money to play other clubs.
    I notice before they started paying the guys using their irons didnt win a helluva lot. When they first came out the good players used blades and didnt need the game improvement of Ping shovels. The guys playing Ping for free wouldnt have had other OEMs beating a path to their door either. They wouldnt have got paid no matter what they played.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    I notice before they started paying the guys using their irons didnt win a helluva lot. When they first came out the good players used blades and didnt need the game improvement of Ping shovels. The guys playing Ping for free wouldnt have had other OEMs beating a path to their door either. They wouldnt have got paid no matter what they played.
    I'm seeing more and more player's cavities and regular cavity backed clubs used by the pros now. I see very few true blade players anymore. It's sad, really.

I'm seeing more and more player's cavities and regular cavity backed clubs used by the pros now. I see very few true blade players anymore. It's sad, really.
    Good cavity back irons were already on the market when today's top pros were born. When Arnie, Gary, and Jack were starting out, that wasn't so.

Who's going to start out with unforging blades, and after that, who's going to turn to them after getting good?

It's a fallacy, and I'm sure you know this, that you can't work the ball with cavity backs. You can not only work the ball, but you can do it without struggling with real subtle adjustments. You make bigger adjustments, which are a lot easier to master. The non-wound ball also demands larger rather than subtle adjustments to work side to side and up and down, so the gear all works together.

Old touring pros now in their seventies and eighties always say that you can't work the new ball, but we saw Bubba Watson make a nine-iron shot take a hard right turn. The old veterans can't bring themselves to put an extreme move on the ball like modern players do.
    Last edited by NiftyNiblick; 04-15-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Good cavity back irons were already on the market when today's top pros were born. When Arnie, Gary, and Jack were starting out, that wasn't so.

Who's going to start out with unforging blades, and after that, who's going to turn to them after getting good?

It's a fallacy, and I'm sure you know this, that you can't work the ball with cavity backs. You can not only work the ball, but you can do it without struggling with real subtle adjustments. You make bigger adjustments, which are a lot easier to master. The non-wound ball also demands larger rather than subtle adjustments to work side to side and up and down, so the gear all works together.

Old touring pros now in their seventies and eighties always say that you can't work the new ball, but we saw Bubba Watson make a nine-iron shot take a hard right turn. The old veterans can't bring themselves to put an extreme move on the ball like modern players do.
    One of the really fun improvements to my game is being able to work the ball whenever I want to. I have a tougher time fading the ball than I do drawing it, but I have been meeting success with a lot more regularity. There may not be anything more rewarding than to KNOW you have to work a ball around a tree to hit the green, and pull the shot off successfully.

Yes, I agree, I have no trouble working today's premium balls and I do it with game improvement cavity-backs.

I have a tougher time fading the ball than I do drawing it, but I have been meeting success with a lot more regularity.
    Perhaps a controlled fade is difficult, but a big banana ball slice is the easist shot in all of golf.

Just cast the club over the top as if you've never played golf before.

The draw is probably your natural shot, but the high draw is probably the toughest shot in golf.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post

Bubba plays Ping S59 irons which are basically like a blade. They have very little offset and are no bigger than a Mizuno MP-69. Bubba is able to manipulate the ball like he does through excessive hand movement.

It's harder to work the ball left to right with offset irons but obviously it's very easy to work it right to left.

Thread Information