|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

FD's Week in Golf

Golf: Played 18 on Sunday and shot 78. I had four three-putts and hit my driver all over the place. I had purchased a Bridgestone J33 460 with Aldila NV-65 Stiff and I could NOT control the thing. For whatever reason the shaft felt whippy and I'd hit high push-fades. I agree with other reviewers in that it's a long and uncontrollable driver. I also tried out a set of Callaway X-14 irons and hit them pretty well and LONG. One of the longest irons I've hit with a uniflex shaft.

Club Ho'ing: Went to Golf Galaxy and used my $50 off coupon to get a set of pratically new Titleist AP1 710 irons, 4-PW, Gap with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft and Golf Pride Multi-Compound grips for $317 after the coupon. These are basically new.

I also picked up a Cleveland SL 290 10.5 Stiff Driver for something like $71. This is the one I really want to try out. I've decided to go with more loft on my driver. Then I picke up a Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5 Drive with Matrix Ozicon 5.5 Stiff for $59.

Mongrel...check you messages.
    Last edited by famousdavis; 04-23-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Golf: Played 18 on Sunday and shot 78. I had four three-putts and hit my driver all over the place. I had purchased a Bridgestone J33 460 with Aldila NV-65 Stiff and I could NOT control the thing. For whatever reason the shaft felt whippy and I'd hit high push-fades. I agree with other reviewers in that it's a long and uncontrollable driver. I also tried out a set of Callaway X-14 irons and hit them pretty well and LONG. One of the longest irons I've hit with a uniflex shaft.

Club Ho'ing: Went to Golf Galaxy and used my $50 off coupon to get a set of pratically new Titleist AP1 710 irons, 4-PW, Gap with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft and Golf Pride Multi-Compound grips for $317 after the coupon. These are basically new.

I also picked up a Cleveland SL 290 10.5 Stiff Driver for something like $71. This is the one I really want to try out. I've decided to go with more loft on my driver. Then I picke up a Taylormade R7 Limited 9.5 Drive with Matrix Ozicon 5.5 Stiff for $59.

Mongrel...check you messages.
    I seriously believe that any driver's feel and success for any given player is about 10% driver head and 90% shaft. I've hit and played a lot of drivers and every driver head responded the same way with my swing as far as trajectory. It has been the shafts that have played a lot in consistency and length. I have changed different shafts out in the same drivers and got different results with each shaft.

I teasingly promote the S300 steel shaft to others that I have in my driver now, but for ME, it really is the best combination. I have never been more consistent than what I am now with a driver and I am still outdriving my buddies in length. It works for ME.

I think everyone has to find the right shaft for them. I seriously don't think it matters what head you use as long as it is one that you like to look at and gives you confidence. But, if you don't get the right shaft in the club, none of the drivers out there are going to work consistently to your liking.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I bought 100 used NXTs on eBay, only $45.00.

You should have been at DMGC Saturday morning, Kevin was giving an impromptu chipping and flop shot clinic. I usually hit my Beryllium 60 degree wedge with square grooves, but with correct technique, we can hit flop shots with any iron down to a 6i. The ability to impart backspin with any iron is a good skill to have.

I am working on a bigger layoff move so I can bring it down with wrists fully set, the proverbial late release that means distance and accuracy without need for exertion or violence in the swing. Do it like Miller Barber did. Watch him bring it down to the pre-impact "delivery" position that pros achieve-- and almost no amateurs. That old man's drives would be going UP when it passed most amateurs' best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx8bVEovI3w

Larry

The Ping Eye 2 BeCu Lob wedge is 61 degrees in loft. You cannot use a 6 iron to hit a flop shot. Sure, you can open it up and slide the iron under the ball to hit it higher than normal but so what?

On Saturday mornings we are normally at brunch with friends and then head to the gym for a great workout. I have no desire to hang out at a driving range on Saturdays. I'm a player not a range rat.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I seriously believe that any driver's feel and success for any given player is about 10% driver head and 90% shaft. I've hit and played a lot of drivers and every driver head responded the same way with my swing as far as trajectory. It has been the shafts that have played a lot in consistency and length. I have changed different shafts out in the same drivers and got different results with each shaft.

I teasingly promote the S300 steel shaft to others that I have in my driver now, but for ME, it really is the best combination. I have never been more consistent than what I am now with a driver and I am still outdriving my buddies in length. It works for ME.

I think everyone has to find the right shaft for them. I seriously don't think it matters what head you use as long as it is one that you like to look at and gives you confidence. But, if you don't get the right shaft in the club, none of the drivers out there are going to work consistently to your liking.
    I played Saturday and pulled damn near every drive left into trouble. The week before I hit it great but got away with some pulls. I installed that shaft at 44.5". Yesterday I went to three golf stores looking for appropriate used drivers. I have one old Titleist head that I put a R300 into at 43". It is fun to practice with but is a tad too wippy. I found a Nike "Lucky Thirteen" 13* 460 cc head that I had been reading about as a good Thriver. But the damn thing was so ugly in person I passed on it. So last night I put an extension on the butt of my gamer, cut it to 46", regripped it and said to myself "f*ck it", it may go wronger but it will go longer.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I played Saturday and pulled damn near every drive left into trouble. The week before I hit it great but got away with some pulls. I installed that shaft at 44.5". Yesterday I went to three golf stores looking for appropriate used drivers. I have one old Titleist head that I put a R300 into at 43". It is fun to practice with but is a tad too wippy. I found a Nike "Lucky Thirteen" 13* 460 cc head that I had been reading about as a good Thriver. But the damn thing was so ugly in person I passed on it. So last night I put an extension on the butt of my gamer, cut it to 46", regripped it and said to myself "f*ck it", it may go wronger but it will go longer.
    Wow! For a supposedly smart guy, you of all people know it is NOT THE DRIVER, but the operator on the end of the handle. Every driver including those with a Whippy shaft that can be bent into a "U" can hit every ball down the middle with a good swing. That is just a FACT. So it seems intelligent to spend a fraction of the money for a new driver on a lesson or two and learn WHY they are going sideways and how to make them all go straight and long. DUH

As Allen Doyle said, "the fairway can be a lonely place" as his opponents through the years beat themselves by hitting it out.

Larry

In a lot of ways Allen Doyle was right. If I look back on my career as an amateur golfer, I can't help but think that I would have forged more friendships if I had spent a little less time in the middle of the fairway. Sure, I'm in the top 5% of golfers (based on my scoring) and I've never had to deal with snakes, roots or endless ball searching expeditions but in the end I'm happy with the way things turned out. The road to greatness is definitely the one less traveled and sometimes the loneliest.

The Ping Eye 2 BeCu Lob wedge is 61 degrees in loft. You cannot use a 6 iron to hit a flop shot. Sure, you can open it up and slide the iron under the ball to hit it higher than normal but so what?

On Saturday mornings we are normally at brunch with friends and then head to the gym for a great workout. I have no desire to hang out at a driving range on Saturdays. I'm a player not a range rat.
    Define "flop shot." I understand it to mean a high shot with heavy backspin. With good technique, that can be done with a 6i. We were hitting balls from the grass behind the teaching area to the adjacent green. The idea was to land the ball on the green with enough backspin to stop it before it ran over the green into the fence. Once you know the technique, its fairly easy with a LW, but it can be done with a 6i.

Regarding range time, I often tell guys in the woods (in a friendly joking way) that they would be happier on the range after taking a few lessons.

Larry
    Last edited by Larryrsf; 04-23-2012 at 09:53 AM.

In a lot of ways Allen Doyle was right. If I look back on my career as an amateur golfer, I can't help but think that I would have forged more friendships if I had spent a little less time in the middle of the fairway. Sure, I'm in the top 5% of golfers (based on my scoring) and I've never had to deal with snakes, roots or endless ball searching expeditions but in the end I'm happy with the way things turned out. The road to greatness is definitely the one less traveled and sometimes the loneliest.
    Before making the Champion's Tour, Doyle was among the best amateurs in the world. He won a lot of money in private matches I suspect. Google him and listen to his description of famous Southern amateur tournaments he won.. and beat the likes of Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods. He played smart.

Larry

Its hard for me to accept that Alan Doyle has won more than eleven million smackaroos in his pro golf career that he kicked off late in life with three victories on the Nike Tour. I've watched him practice and play up close and personal and have to say he is certainly a worthy swing model for Everyman. Of course Alan had the advantage of owning and operating his own Driving Range down in Bovine Flatulence, Georgia or thereabouts and was able to hone that efficient swing by beating millions of range balls during the slack times. If I could spend four to six hours five to seven days per week at a range, I too could groove an efficient swing. Alas, with the constraints of time I find myself in, I just have to make do with what works when I get up in the morning.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Actually, many many amateurs have thought that-- and never broke 90 on a golf course. That because when they start with a bad grip, poor setup, and bogus backswing to an impossible top position and then do that over and over again, they just get worse!!!

I know others who took enough lessons to learn a good grip and setup and even backswing, but then failed to make the transition weight shift-- EVERY SWING for thousands of balls on the range. So the ball goes sideways and then they invent handsy fixes to steer it, sometimes. They shoot 80 or 100 depending on whether they can find the sideways shots.

So just hitting a lot of balls is not necessarily the answer for most late beginners. I would expect that Doyle got some instruction early on before he ingrained fundamental mistakes.

Larry

So last night I put an extension on the butt of my gamer, cut it to 46", regripped it and said to myself "f*ck it", it may go wronger but it will go longer.
    All of my drivers are 46" and I am very very comfortable with them. There was a time they were all 47"... Now I groove them in and 46" is good for me

Quote Originally Posted by Pky6471 View Post
    All of my drivers are 46" and I am very very comfortable with them. There was a time they were all 47"... Now I groove them in and 46" is good for me
    Today I tried the Cleveland Launcher LS 290 (gold shaft) 10.5 degree. It appears to be 1.5 inches longer in shaft length than my other two drivers. The 10.5 hit it a little high for me but it didn't balloon. It's so hard to compare driver distance on a range with tons of balls out there. I can't wait to give it a try on the course because I didn't lose any accuracy with the added length.

Today I tried the Cleveland Launcher LS 290 (gold shaft) 10.5 degree. It appears to be 1.5 inches longer in shaft length than my other two drivers. The 10.5 hit it a little high for me but it didn't balloon. It's so hard to compare driver distance on a range with tons of balls out there. I can't wait to give it a try on the course because I didn't lose any accuracy with the added length.
    Despite the smarmy knee-jerk retort from Larry above, there is an optimum length for each driver for me. For some it is shorter, some longer. The one I am gaming that was at 44.5" seemed to play very stiff and threw my timing off. It is a light weight regular flex shaft but I installed it the entire 3.5" of the head's hosel so that stiffened the tip a bunch. The extra 1.5" should make it play more flexible in the middle which is where I like my driver shafts to bend. Plus I was hitting that short shaft low on the clubface so the longer shaft should help to elevate the impact point. Just a matter of dialing it in. Evidently those Cleveland driver shafts are designed for higher launch with lower spin even though their torque ratings are fairly high. Damn things are really expensive when bought after-market.

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Despite the smarmy knee-jerk retort from Larry above, there is an optimum length for each driver for me. For some it is shorter, some longer. The one I am gaming that was at 44.5" seemed to play very stiff and threw my timing off. It is a light weight regular flex shaft but I installed it the entire 3.5" of the head's hosel so that stiffened the tip a bunch. The extra 1.5" should make it play more flexible in the middle which is where I like my driver shafts to bend. Plus I was hitting that short shaft low on the clubface so the longer shaft should help to elevate the impact point. Just a matter of dialing it in. Evidently those Cleveland driver shafts are designed for higher launch with lower spin even though their torque ratings are fairly high. Damn things are really expensive when bought after-market.
    Larry is utterly clueless about the reality of golf. Each new month brings a new "SECRET".
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

A flop shot with a 6 iron... Really Larry? You continue to prove that you're an idiot, one post at a time.
    Index: 10.4

Current Sticks
    Driver - Taylor R7 425 9.5* w/ Fuji Fit-on E 370
    Titleist 904F 15* w/Graphite Design YS-6 Stiff
    Ping Eye2 - 3-PW
    TM RAC TP 52* 08 GW
    Hogan 53* 09 GW (gets sand use only now)
    Titleist SM6004 60*
    Titleist Newport 2
    Bridgestone B330 / e6

Quote Originally Posted by wofat View Post
    A flop shot with a 6 iron... Really Larry? You continue to prove that you're an idiot, one post at a time.
    Its easy! Just open the face wide, take a VERY open stance, most weight on your front leg, then swipe across it from out to in and accelerate through. Helps to have the ball on a fluffy grass lie, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=mz3CPzdCDws

its happy hour here!

Larry

The only advice i give to amutuer golfers thats above 30 and cant swing that hard is to stop Giving a ****. PLAY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE,IF YOU HAVE A SLICE THEN AIM LEFT AND HIT YOUR DAMN SLICE.

Other then that the golfing amutuer only has small mistakes
    1. They dont know which way they are aligining their feet. Thats why their naturaly fade is always of the fairway.
    2.They dont know at what distance their irons PITCH at....
    3.around the green the SW is not your friend,neither is the lob wedge.Bump and run is your higher percentage shots.**** even the putter 10meters of the green is easier for you...
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

La Cala North/Montemayor/Braid Hills No 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    Its easy! Just open the face wide, take a VERY open stance, most weight on your front leg, then swipe across it from out to in and accelerate through. Helps to have the ball on a fluffy grass lie, of course.

its happy hour here!

Larry
    Not sure Rita Hayworth is known for her pioneering work with the 6 iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    The only advice i give to amutuer golfers thats above 30 and cant swing that hard is to stop Giving a ****. PLAY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE,IF YOU HAVE A SLICE THEN AIM LEFT AND HIT YOUR DAMN SLICE.

Other then that the golfing amutuer only has small mistakes
    1. They dont know which way they are aligining their feet. Thats why their naturaly fade is always of the fairway.
    2.They dont know at what distance their irons PITCH at....
    3.around the green the SW is not your friend,neither is the lob wedge.Bump and run is your higher percentage shots.**** even the putter 10meters of the green is easier for you...
    Amen to number 3. Mickleson has a lot to answer for with his 64 degree antics around the green. It is a shot that is fraught with danger and a very high price to pay for failure. The bump and run has fewer moving parts and is to be preferred whenever possible.

Mystic Hills, Chesapeake Run, Swan Lake, Blackthorn

its happy hour here!

Larry
    Theres more to it than that, I think its all in the wrist. A very early wrist cock helps. Plus a few more things Kevin left out. Silly rabbit Trix are for kids
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by 12sandwich View Post
    Theres more to it than that, I think its all in the wrist. A very early wrist cock helps. Plus a few more things Kevin left out. Silly rabbit Trix are for kids
    Actually the opposite provides more consistency. Lee Trevino taught beginners with a rubber band around their left forearm and the upper club handle-- to PREVENT wrist cock! The whole "Y" of arms and club should move together in this shot just as it should in a full shot. The early backswing is the whole deal. It needs to be on plane in order to consistenty pitch.

But please don't just guess and please don't write bogus stuff here. Remember impressionable and cheap folks will do what you say instead of following good instruction from a teaching pro.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by A V Twiss View Post
    Amen to number 3. Mickleson has a lot to answer for with his 64 degree antics around the green. It is a shot that is fraught with danger and a very high price to pay for failure. The bump and run has fewer moving parts and is to be preferred whenever possible.
    There's a big difference between a SW and a supper lob wedge.

There are two schools of thought on the SW vs the B&R. I've tried both and do much better playing different shots/trajectories with a sand wedge vs. playing different clubs and a B&R. The putter comment depends on the course conditions and type of grass. Probably true for a 30 capper but not for a single digit HC.

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    There's a big difference between a SW and a supper lob wedge.

There are two schools of thought on the SW vs the B&R. I've tried both and do much better playing different shots/trajectories with a sand wedge vs. playing different clubs and a B&R. The putter comment depends on the course conditions and type of grass. Probably true for a 30 capper but not for a single digit HC.
    Definitely true.

One of the things that's helped me get my handicap lower is that I've expanded my short game repertoire from just using my 52° GW to it, and my SW (56), 8 iron...

...but I very, very rarely pull out my 60°.
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Cool

Actually the opposite provides more consistency. Lee Trevino taught beginners with a rubber band around their left forearm and the upper club handle-- to PREVENT wrist cock! The whole "Y" of arms and club should move together in this shot just as it should in a full shot. The early backswing is the whole deal. It needs to be on plane in order to consistenty pitch.

But please don't just guess and please don't write bogus stuff here. Remember impressionable and cheap folks will do what you say instead of following good instruction from a teaching pro.

Larry
    You are seriously mistaken Mr Larry. The flop shot is accomplished with a big wrist hinge, and a slow tempo, with a feel of the club almost falling down from its own weight. Don't confuse pitch shots with flop shots, apples and oranges Larry. Don't make me sick Alan on you!
    Tm R9 420cc 9.5 Motore Tm R9 3 wood rip phenom, Titleist 909h 19* 24* voodoo, Scratch EZ-1 ds i80,steelfiber 3 or 4. 5-9 KBS, ds 47* jlm, pdg 53* ds 60* Odyssey Black 2 ball tour blade 33.5" Lethal

You are seriously mistaken Mr Larry. The flop shot is accomplished with a big wrist hinge, and a slow tempo, with a feel of the club almost falling down from its own weight. Don't confuse pitch shots with flop shots, apples and oranges Larry. Don't make me sick Alan on you!
    Hey, man: I've taken the pledge!

But you're right that Larry lacks anything resembling a clue.

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

I still want to know why Larry posted a video of Rita Hayworth dancing in a post discussing flop shots.

Quote Originally Posted by A V Twiss View Post
    I still want to know why Larry posted a video of Rita Hayworth dancing in a post discussing flop shots.
    Why?

Is it really that much less relevant than most of the videos Larry posts about the golf swing?

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by wofat View Post
    Yeah, the flop shot is something I've always been good at even when everything else was going wrong, and there's no way I could stop the ball even with a 7. Incidentally, I've noticed that I've become a really good downhill putter, but I almost never make an uphill putt. All speculations gladly considered.

Quote Originally Posted by 24putts View Post
    Yeah, the flop shot is something I've always been good at even when everything else was going wrong, and there's no way I could stop the ball even with a 7. Incidentally, I've noticed that I've become a really good downhill putter, but I almost never make an uphill putt. All speculations gladly considered.
    Hit the ball harder on uphill putts? Do you miss line or speed? Over borrow?

Has anyone tried the Callaway FT-iQ Tour driver? I tried 3 drivers in the simulator today. The first one was a Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Black 9.5 driver. This one felt great, I tell you but it also felt a bit wild.

The next one was an old Great Big Bertha II Pro Series 8.5. Man, this thing sure felt good but I think it's a tad shorter in distance. I could be wrong about that.

The next one was a Callaway FT-iQ Tour 9.5 with Aldila NVS 55 Stiff. I could tell this one had a more penetrating trajectory and got more roll. However, the shaft was too whippy. I could not bend it in a U shape like Larry's Whippy but, whatever.

The next one was a doozy folks. A Callaway FT-iQ Tour 9.5 with white Fubuki Stiff. This thing just launched the ball and I could tell that sh!t would be rollin' out like a mo fo'. For only $49 I'm going to take the plunge. First, however, I'm going to try the Diablo Octane Tour Black driver one more time.

Any thoughts, perspectives or useless comments?

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    Hit the ball harder on uphill putts? Do you miss line or speed? Over borrow?
    This would suggest to me that you are not accelerating through the putt. You need to accelerate the clubhead through flat or up hill putts whereas on downhill putts you possibly decelerate as you just need to get the ball rolling and let the downhill do the rest.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    Hey, man: I've taken the pledge!

But you're right that Larry lacks anything resembling a clue.

This has been such a pleasant change.
    I commend you Alan for your self control.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    This has been such a pleasant change.
    I commend you Alan for your self control.
    +1

Highly commendable.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Yeah, the flop shot is something I've always been good at even when everything else was going wrong, and there's no way I could stop the ball even with a 7.
    Back before I got my 60° wedge, I would hit lobs with a low-bounce 52° gap wedge. But a 6 iron...

...that's just typical Larry "I'm-so-much-better-at-this-game-(provided-you-don't-actually-talk-about-score)-than-you" nonsense.

Incidentally, I've noticed that I've become a really good downhill putter, but I almost never make an uphill putt. All speculations gladly considered.
    When you're facing an uphill putt, remind yourself that you're good at downhill putts and make sure you hit it hard enough.

TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post
    +1

Highly commendable.
    Let's get this back on track. We are talking about the FT-iQ Tour driver and whether or not it can get FD over the next hurdle before he goes pro.

Let's get this back on track. We are talking about the FT-iQ Tour driver and whether or not it can get FD over the next hurdle before he goes pro.
    I've hit a fair number of clubs in the simulator at Golf Galaxy with that white Fubuki shaft in them including hybrids, fairway woods, and drivers. That is one bear of a shaft and way too stout for me. If you can load it reliably, buy that club.

The only thing I can stomach from Callaway is their golf balls. I like the tour i(z) and the tour i(s). Very good balls and I am using them almost exclusively right now.

I played the X18s for a year and they never improved my game. I did wear a Callaway golf hat for a Summer and it improved my game one stroke more than their equipment ever did.

I hope that helps with your query.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I've hit a fair number of clubs in the simulator at Golf Galaxy with that white Fubuki shaft in them including hybrids, fairway woods, and drivers. That is one bear of a shaft and way too stout for me. If you can load it reliably, buy that club.
    The Fubuki that came with the Mizuno MP-630 was actually designed stiffer than the one you could buy directly from Mitsubishi. The Fubuki that comes with the FT-iQ Tour driver is actually a "for Callaway" shaft that is softer than the standard Fubuki. I was worried about the same thing until I actually swung it in the simulator. It wasn't nearly as stiff as the one that came with the MP 630. By the way, that's why Mizuno Drivers never sell; they are way too stiff.

The only thing I can stomach from Callaway is their golf balls. I like the tour i(z) and the tour i(s). Very good balls and I am using them almost exclusively right now.

I played the X18s for a year and they never improved my game. I did wear a Callaway golf hat for a Summer and it improved my game one stroke more than their equipment ever did.

Thank you Sooner. You just completed the part of my request where I asked for "useless commentary".

I took the 905r out, along with the 4dx, and a thriver. The 905 is respectable, my 4dx is just a tad easier to hit, and longer. The thriver is going backwards for me, ain't happening, though I'm taking it to the range for a bucket of balls, and I'm probably done with that experiment.
    League starts this week at Swan Lake, I want to play the Miura forged taylormades 300 but I'm hitting the comp ez so good. The mp 62 are almost to nice to play, there mint.
    You no Fd I really enjoy playing interchangeble shaft drivers, I have a adila dvs stiff that I just pound it in my current driver. I picked up another Fuji fit on e360 as I broke mine a couple weeks ago 12 dollars plus 10 shipping. I just got to glue the end on. I may try a 4dx in 8 degree as I have seen a few lately, as I hit my driver a little high.

I took the 905r out, along with the 4dx, and a thriver. The 905 is respectable, my 4dx is just a tad easier to hit, and longer. The thriver is going backwards for me, ain't happening, though I'm taking it to the range for a bucket of balls, and I'm probably done with that experiment.
    League starts this week at Swan Lake, I want to play the Miura forged taylormades 300 but I'm hitting the comp ez so good. The mp 62 are almost to nice to play, there mint.
    You no Fd I really enjoy playing interchangeble shaft drivers, I have a adila dvs stiff that I just pound it in my current driver. I picked up another Fuji fit on e360 as I broke mine a couple weeks ago 12 dollars plus 10 shipping. I just got to glue the end on. I may try a 4dx in 8 degree as I have seen a few lately, as I hit my driver a little high.
    The shaft is what makes the difference in most drivers. Some drivers, though, are simply designed with a high spinning head and don't deliver the kind of penetrating trajectory with roll that you can find in other heads. The 905R is a great looking head but no matter what shaft I've tried it still comes up short of other drivers. One of the hottest faced drivers I've tried is the Callaway Hyper X and the fit on E 360 Fujikura goes well with it.

Same here. The superceded cally balls are excellent. I use both but prefer the s.

Ad for Larry, the flop shot with a 6iron is as retarded a motion as the numb nuts who uaed to come on here telling us the bump n run with a lob wedge was a legit shot.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    Back before I got my 60° wedge, I would hit lobs with a low-bounce 52° gap wedge. But a 6 iron...

...that's just typical Larry "I'm-so-much-better-at-this-game-(provided-you-don't-actually-talk-about-score)-than-you" nonsense.

When you're facing an uphill putt, remind yourself that you're good at downhill putts and make sure you hit it hard enough.

I can open up my 56degree hit the ball out of some fluffy grass on a full swing about 10meters far and make it spin backward-sidewides about a foot.

On the 60 i can open it up.it a full shot(FULL SWING SPEED) and hit the ball about 5meters in front of me with about a foot of backspin.

But anyone requiring a flop shot did not do their coursemanagement right and ended up with the short piece of green over some obstacles.The smart golfer wouldve rather hit exactly 180degrees oposite you and have all the advantages with open green.hard grass.etc etc etc
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false"

When I putt uphill judge the grade, if it's slight, tell yourself I've gotta hit this like the cup is 3 or 5 feet further and commit to the stroke. If its severe tell yourself this is going to play like its 10 foot further, and commit. I don't leave putts short, and I may be the best putter on this forum, this year. My playing partners gimme 10 footers, cause they no I make them.

The shaft is what makes the difference in most drivers. Some drivers, though, are simply designed with a high spinning head and don't deliver the kind of penetrating trajectory with roll that you can find in other heads. The 905R is a great looking head but no matter what shaft I've tried it still comes up short of other drivers. One of the hottest faced drivers I've tried is the Callaway Hyper X and the fit on E 360 Fujikura goes well with it.
    It doesn't matter what shaft I put in theses 4dx evolver heads. I had a reg flex adila nv tipped 1.5" A noodle, but fun, the other day. I put a stiff dvs heavier shaft yesterday, and wow. I put a Fuji x stiff e 360 should be way to much shaft for me, last year, and it's the straightest shaft I've ever hit.
    I'm playing with shafts in the r9 3 wood also. It just allows you to find the best combo. I love that crap. There's some nice shafts cheap out there. By the way a buddy using my old cgb max was struggling, so after he duffed 2 we stop by one I get out and grab my old 3 wood, he's using, and rip a moster over water 246 on the green putting for eagle. We then drove 40 yards up and left were my drive was, were I had 200 hundred left easy hybrid one putt eagled it Black course #18 par 5

This thread reminds me of that Dick's commercial with Camilo Villegas and Jason Day. Hmmmm.....what is this??? FOLLOW ME!

Then they take turns hitting into a net and say, "That's Rocketballz"!!!

Or something like that!

Absolutely Hilarious!

What the hell are they looking at when these to guys hit into the net???

At least in Phil's commercial he bashed his new Callaway through the screen and bounced his ball around the store!

Thread Information