2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

2 fast 2 furious
    8 1/2
    101 dalmations
    8 mile
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

You know, I'd really appreciate it if you bozos could just follow the rules for once. OK, here we go again:

One flew over the cuckoo's nest

Two mules for sister sarah

Three Amigos.....

For Your Eyes Only.

Maybe it's a generational thing, but Roger Moore is the best James Bond, IMO.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    For Your Eyes Only.

The first movie I ever went to was Moonracker. I really liked Jaws in that.

I'm just glad to have survived the Pierce Brosnan phase. Those were difficult to watch.

I also prefer Shimano to Campagnolo.
    "Golf is such an easy game, even a human can do it."
    -Dr. Zaius-

Five minutes of heaven, Five for fighting (live), and Bad Girls V

Sixth sense, Sixteen Candles, 666,

Seven, Seventh Heaven, The Seventh Sense

8 mile, The Eighth Sense (the one where Bruce Willis comes back), Ocho Mile (spanish)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMcG View Post
    The first movie I ever went to was Moonracker. I really liked Jaws in that.

I'm just glad to have survived the Pierce Brosnan phase. Those were difficult to watch.

I also prefer Shimano to Campagnolo.
    Yeah, I remember seeing that movie and being blown away by how awesome the special effects were. Then I watched a bit of it a few years ago and was blown away by how terrible the effects were.
    I also saw Clash of the Titans in the theater with my dad and brothers. My dad wanted to see Raiders of the Lost Ark, but we convinced him otherwise. We all thought Clash was badass, but he knew it was garbage, and seemed a little pissed about it.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Yeah, I remember seeing that movie and being blown away by how awesome the special effects were. Then I watched a bit of it a few years ago and was blown away by how terrible the effects were.
    I also saw Clash of the Titans in the theater with my dad and brothers. My dad wanted to see Raiders of the Lost Ark, but we convinced him otherwise. We all thought Clash was badass, but he knew it was garbage, and seemed a little pissed about it.

I was watching the 4th installement of the Raiders of the Arc series on TV the other day. I was dumbfounded to see that the special effects were worse than they were in 1980. Everything looked completely fake. I think computer-generated special effects have made the sequals to movies like Star Wars, Raiders of the lost Arc and other look worse rather than better. You know when you're seeing it. Also, you can't make computer generated action heros. It doesn't work. The Hulk was horrible.

9 1/2 weeks
    Ten
    12 Monkeys
    Got nuthin for 11
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Eleven Dildos For Sister Sarah (x rated titles have all the numbers covered)
    Then there's Ocean's Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen.
    Apollo Thirteen also.

GR lives...

For Your Eyes Only.

I'm glad you said that... it seems like it's against the "rules" to think Moore was the best Bond.
    Titleist 909D2 9.5, Motore F1 (s)
    Callaway Diablo Edge 3W, E370 (s)
    Ping i5 2-PW, CS Lite (s)
    Callaway X-Tour 54,60
    Ping G5i B60

Quote Originally Posted by CPS View Post
    I'm glad you said that... it seems like it's against the "rules" to think Moore was the best Bond.
    Interesting you guys feel that way. I always thought Moore was smarmy, doughy and feminine. As a result his movies became almost parodies with a TV movie kind of feel.

Daniel Craig's intensity has revived the genre and the Blu-Rays are reference quality. BTW, Skyfall was to be released this year and still might subject to MGM's financial problems.
    GR lives...

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer View Post
    9 1/2 weeks
    Ten
    12 Monkeys
    Got nuthin for 11

There was a movie named 11:14. One of Patrick Swayze's last movies. It was actually pretty good. It's one of those movies where there are all these separate characters and events that all lead up to the same big event.

For Your Eyes Only.

No way, Jose.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    You know, I'd really appreciate it if you bozos could just follow the rules for once. OK, here we go again:

Three Amigos.....
    ..............451 Fahrenheit............
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Don't know exactly where we are at but how about 16 candles.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Pi. .

Three Amigos.....
    Four weddings and a funeral.

Do you yanks know that one?
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    Interesting you guys feel that way. I always thought Moore was smarmy, doughy and feminine. As a result his movies became almost parodies with a TV movie kind of feel.

Daniel Craig's intensity has revived the genre and the Blu-Rays are reference quality. BTW, Skyfall was to be released this year and still might subject to MGM's financial problems.
    I liked Moore and Moonraker was one of my favourites but I must admit they were like parodies. Octo***** was almost spoof like.

Agree Daniel Craig has revived the series.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Player View Post

Agree Daniel Craig has revived the series.
    Can't agree with that. Craig's Bond seems like a classless oaf. 007 is supposed to be a refined Englishman, not some soccer hooligan. And let's face it, there are really only 2 types of Englishmen. Poofters and soccer hooligans. Bond was/should be a poofter.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Can't agree with that. Craig's Bond seems like a classless oaf. 007 is supposed to be a refined Englishman, not some soccer hooligan. And let's face it, there are really only 2 types of Englishmen. Poofters and soccer hooligans. Bond was/should be a poofter.
    Sean Connery was the best bond and Craig is second best. Roger Moore looks like a waiter at a french restaurant. Moonraker, however, was indeed a great movie at the time. The Jaws character is great and the opening scene where they jump out of a plane was amazing. Another great scene in that movie is the boat chase in the Amazon.

Sean Connery was the best bond and Craig is second best. Roger Moore looks like a waiter at a french restaurant. Moonraker, however, was indeed a great movie at the time. The Jaws character is great and the opening scene where they jump out of a plane was amazing. Another great scene in that movie is the boat chase in the Amazon.
    Moore's Bond movies were the best. This is not up for debate.
    fred3 antagonizer
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

Absolutely correct. No debate about it. Roger Moore looks like a celebrity's partner on DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Absolutely correct. No debate about it. Roger Moore looks like a celebrity's partner on DWTS.
    Yes, Bruno would have to be tethered, gagged and plugged with a bowling pin, like at home. Len would complain about Moore's stiffness in about the only setting where he wouldn't love it.

Noone could possibly ever touch Connery, it's why Moore parodied the role. But the really interesting thing about the series of morphing Bond characters is how they've tended to represent what men would aspire to be at the time.

Connery helped usher in the sexual revolution with no fear, regrets or awkwardness, only a cool which pushed the definition of cool. Moore was the post 60-s unisex father figure. Maturity was an attribute at that time. Brosnan had no arms, they were like string, I can't explain him.

Craig is angry because he got screwed out of s.hit so is going out, kicking ass and shooting people whether he needs to or not. That's what American guys relate to today.

Gun sales in this country are at the moment skyrocketing. Many of the most popular weapons aren't available for inventory and some manufacturers have announced they won't be taking any more orders during 2012. Americans want a Bond today who'll fire his weapon like they would if they could.
    GR lives...

But Connery was a gibbering Scotsman FFS. Chicks seem to love him but he's a totally overrated actor in my book. And how can you rate any bloke that is comfortable wearing a skirt?

Now where the f#ck am I?

But Connery was a gibbering Scotsman FFS. Chicks seem to love him but he's a totally overrated actor in my book. And how can you rate any bloke that is comfortable wearing a skirt?
    Allow me to change your mind on Sean Connery. Yeah there's stuff you won't want to listen to but the gems are in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57jhsHyq1K4
    GR lives...

[QUOTE=Kiwi Player;268836]But Connery was a gibbering Scotsman FFS. Chicks seem to love him but he's a totally overrated actor in my book. And how can you rate any bloke that is comfortable wearing a skirt?

When my son was two years old, the only way to get him to go to sleep at night was to sit with him and watch one of two Disney movies we had on tape. [I]Dumbo[/I or Darby O'Gill and the Little People]. The latter starred Sean Connery when he looked to be in his early 20's. A song-and-dance man with a single digit 'cap.

You guys are forgetting George Lazenby. Only one movie but arguably the best of the franchise. If you read the books Bond is a mysoginistic mans man and Lazenby fits the bill perfectly.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Personally, the very worst of the Bond portrayers was Timothy Dalton.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    Personally, the very worst of the Bond portrayers was Timothy Dalton.
    Agreed. And what made it even worse was the fact that the group A-ha! sang the opening song. I think Duran Duran did the next one.

I always thought they should have had Mel Gibson play James Bond back in the late 80's, early 90's. Not now, of course.

Agreed. And what made it even worse was the fact that the group A-ha! sang the opening song. I think Duran Duran did the next one.

I always thought they should have had Mel Gibson play James Bond back in the late 80's, early 90's. Not now, of course.
    NAH said Bond was supposed to be a mysoginist not a wife beating anti semitic Jew baiter.

Now where the f#ck am I?

NAH said Bond was supposed to be a mysoginist not a wife beating anti semitic Jew baiter.
    Hey, don't put down Mad Max. You should be a fan after all.

I hope Mel Gibson's happy with himself. Now that he can't get his taxes done or his money managed. I imagine he can still visit the doctor, just not one that's been circumcised.
    GR lives...

I hope Mel Gibson's happy with himself. Now that he can't get his taxes done or his money managed. I imagine he can still visit the doctor, just not one that's been circumcised.
    I always thought Mel was a pretty good actor for playing the role of a psychotic and depressed cop in Lethal Weapon. I'm not so impressed anymore knowing that he wasn't acting.

I always thought Mel was a pretty good actor for playing the role of a psychotic and depressed cop in Lethal Weapon. I'm not so impressed anymore knowing that he wasn't acting.
    Yeah, the real stretch for him would have been What Every Woman Wants.
    GR lives...

Yes, Bruno would have to be tethered, gagged and plugged with a bowling pin, like at home. Len would complain about Moore's stiffness in about the only setting where he wouldn't love it.

Noone could possibly ever touch Connery, it's why Moore parodied the role. But the really interesting thing about the series of morphing Bond characters is how they've tended to represent what men would aspire to be at the time.

Connery helped usher in the sexual revolution with no fear, regrets or awkwardness, only a cool which pushed the definition of cool. Moore was the post 60-s unisex father figure. Maturity was an attribute at that time. Brosnan had no arms, they were like string, I can't explain him.

Craig is angry because he got screwed out of s.hit so is going out, kicking ass and shooting people whether he needs to or not. That's what American guys relate to today.

Gun sales in this country are at the moment skyrocketing. Many of the most popular weapons aren't available for inventory and some manufacturers have announced they won't be taking any more orders during 2012. Americans want a Bond today who'll fire his weapon like they would if they could.
    This is INDEED true. Connery is the best James Bond and he also is Scottish and loves Golf, so that places him way past Roger Moore who is a Limey.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

I think Mel Gibson is a great actor and director. I love all of his movies. I even liked Apocolypto. Of course, he will always be held high in my sight because of his making of Braveheart. I don't care if it is not entirely true, the movie makes me damn proud to be Scottish, just like the movie The Quiet Man makes me damn proud to be Irish.

As a bit of personal insight and self confession, whenever he narrates at the end of the story and tells about the starved sons of Scotland entering the Battle and winning their freedom, I weep uncontrollably like a woman. I am comfortable in my manhood, so I have no problems telling you all this.
    Last edited by SoonerBS; 04-19-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBS View Post
    I think Mel Gibson is a great actor and director. I love all of his movies. I even liked Apocolypto. Of course, he will always be held high in my sight because of his making of Braveheart. I don't care if it is not entirely true, the movie makes me damn proud to be Scottish, just like the movie The Quiet Man makes me damn proud to be Irish.

As a bit of personal insight and self confession, whenever he narrates at the end of the story and tells about the starved sons of Scotland entering the Battle and winning their freedom, I weep uncontrollably like a woman. I am comfortable in my manhood, so I have no problems telling you all this.
    I always cry at the end of Shawshank Redemption

Thread Information