|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Thread: Best Stapler

Best Stapler

In order of best to worst:

Swingline: Heavy. Meaty. Does the job the first time and staples don't get clogged. Gained stardom in the movie "office space".

Mead: Classy and elegant but left me waning.

Staple's house brand stapler. Please. Are you kidding me? Hopelessly clogged and couldn't do more than 10 pages. Gag me.

Walmart $5 Stapler: I had to throw it in the trash because it basically didn't work. I didn't wish to wait in the 30-person return line, thank you.

Paper Clip: Obviously not a stapler but a good substitute in a pinch. I prefer the oversized.

I think it was around 1989 when I got hired by a real company that I became acquainted with the greatest paper fastener ever invented. The Binder Clip. From the babies to the jumbos, those things are the Swiss Army Knives of the Universe of the Office. And the home. In my chosen profession, documents I review preparatory to those I produce can run into the hundreds of pages for my typical ten page report. Some of the documents I review are too thick for anything other than an industrial stapler. So the binder clip is a God-send. For official original documents such as formal letters on quality bond letter head, nothing is worse than the indentations left by paper clips. The proper sized binder clip leaves no visible tell-tale marks. At home, we use them to seal bags of potato chips and the frozen foods that come in bags sufficient for multiple meals. I have used the silver handles that easily detach for a multitude of things including picking simple locks and, believe it or not, attaching a broken chain to the flush handle inside the toilet tank. I did it as a quick fix pending Home Depot run two months ago in our upstairs bathroom. I figured it would hold until the weekend. Then I forgot about it and it still works good as new. The jumbos that will secure a document two or more inches thick takes a strong grip to open up. Thus, it makes a great hand exerciser while you're sitting at your desk. Build up those left fingers and hit the ball much more solidly. I have a hand exerciser ball from Golf Galaxy but used a jumbo binder clip before I bought my first GG ball.

As far as staplers, the Swingline is the gold standard.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

And I thought my wife talked about lame **** on her girl forums...

You mentioned in another thread that you prefer not to socialize with people who talk politics or religion. Evidently there's a solid stapler debate crowd in your area.
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha33 View Post

You mentioned in another thread that you prefer not to socialize with people who talk politics or religion. Evidently there's a solid stapler debate crowd in your area.
    Well, I've never heard anyone talk politics or religion with the goal in mind of learning something. Most people just want to convince the other person that they're wrong. How does one argue faith?

Admittedly not FD's finest work but at least you could never accuse the guy of having a narrow range of interests. From golf to movies to board games to music to restaurants and books to staplers. I mean the guys got all the bases covered.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

Swingline high capacity model S7077701F is the best manual stapler. 2-60 page capacity, manual, long lever, and it never jams.

FD ----><------ Me
    Mizuno irons -- made by Hattori Hanzo, forged in the fires of Mt. Fujiyama.

Personally, I prefer a hammer stapler. Much easier to get tar paper or poly to stay in place.
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

I've used an airpowered stapler many times. Secret nailing hardwood floorboards. That motherf*cker fires a 2" staple right through solid timber. Makes all your whimpy choices look totally pissweak FD.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    Well, I've never heard anyone talk politics or religion with the goal in mind of learning something. Most people just want to convince the other person that they're wrong. How does one argue faith?
    If you're at the table with Larry, then I would agree. However, I like to talk about politics and religion just as an exchange of ideas. My Dad's a hardcore Christian while I'm agnostic, yet we still like to discuss religion to gain an understanding of where we're coming from. I couldn't care less what kind of stapler he prefers. If I'm in the market for a good stapler, I'll hit up the reviews on amazon.

"FD didn't bring his A game today," says Asian dude from old Tiger Woods commercial.
    I keeps it real.

The one used to staple Bernie's toupee back on his head, in "Weekend at Bernie's"
    Dad, I was swimming in a rainbow with millions of babies... and they was naked... and then all of a sudden I turned into a perfect smile!

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I think it was around 1989 when I got hired by a real company that I became acquainted with the greatest paper fastener ever invented. The Binder Clip. From the babies to the jumbos, those things are the Swiss Army Knives of the Universe of the Office. And the home. In my chosen profession, documents I review preparatory to those I produce can run into the hundreds of pages for my typical ten page report. Some of the documents I review are too thick for anything other than an industrial stapler. So the binder clip is a God-send. For official original documents such as formal letters on quality bond letter head, nothing is worse than the indentations left by paper clips. The proper sized binder clip leaves no visible tell-tale marks. At home, we use them to seal bags of potato chips and the frozen foods that come in bags sufficient for multiple meals. I have used the silver handles that easily detach for a multitude of things including picking simple locks and, believe it or not, attaching a broken chain to the flush handle inside the toilet tank. I did it as a quick fix pending Home Depot run two months ago in our upstairs bathroom. I figured it would hold until the weekend. Then I forgot about it and it still works good as new. The jumbos that will secure a document two or more inches thick takes a strong grip to open up. Thus, it makes a great hand exerciser while you're sitting at your desk. Build up those left fingers and hit the ball much more solidly. I have a hand exerciser ball from Golf Galaxy but used a jumbo binder clip before I bought my first GG ball.

As far as staplers, the Swingline is the gold standard.
    I seem to recall being told about someone who actually tried to sell these as money clips after gluing a quarter onto them. I discounted it as I don't believe anyone is clueless enough to actually do something like that.
    GR lives...

The best staplers in my offices have been Bostich, a Stanley tool. I have an Irvin Industries stapler here too. Seems decent. I also like the one-hand models that are like a leather punch.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by lorenzoinoc View Post
    I seem to recall being told about someone who actually tried to sell these as money clips after gluing a quarter onto them. I discounted it as I don't believe anyone is clueless enough to actually do something like that.
    Yes, I have used a medium sized one as a money clip when I had temporarily lost my Indian silver one.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    I've used an airpowered stapler many times. Secret nailing hardwood floorboards. That motherf*cker fires a 2" staple right through solid timber. Makes all your whimpy choices look totally pissweak FD.

Excuse me OP, but I was reserving a power tool discussion for another thread. We are discussing office staplers, thank you.

Excuse me OP, but I was reserving a power tool discussion for another thread. We are discussing office staplers, thank you.
    Exactly. Tools for us white collar guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryrsf View Post
    The best staplers in my offices have been Bostich, a Stanley tool. I have an Irvin Industries stapler here too. Seems decent. I also like the one-hand models that are like a leather punch.

Larry
    I had a Bostich and while it looked nicer than your standard Swingline it simply couldn't match up in terms of performance. Bostich is like buying a Mercedes instead of a Lexus. Sure, it looks better and has more prestige but it's always in the shop.

A similar comparison could be drawn between Mizuno and Ping but we won't go there.

Exactly. Tools for us white collar guys.
    Yes that was what I was getting at. Whimpy.
    Cobra ZL 9.5 Stock stiff.Sonartec SS 3.5 14*Sonartec HB-001 21* Cally Diablo Forged 4-6 nippons, 2013 x forged 7-pw pxi 5.5 TM rac 50/6 gw. Fourteen MT-28 54 & 58 S400 Daddy Long Legs 35"TM Lethal

Quote Originally Posted by oldplayer View Post
    Yes that was what I was getting at. Whimpy.
    At least us white collar guys know the difference between a stapler and a staple gun. In the middle of my life I was a white collar guy. In the beginning, I wore a uniform with no collar and fought beside some of your esteemed countrymen up north a bunch of klicks against the Commies that were actually a much bigger threat to you than us. Then after I got back home, I worked in my own machine shop so that whatever collar I was wearing was soaked with machine oil at the end of each day. Now in the twilight of my working career, I am employed by the Local Government and it doesn't care if you wear a collar or not. However, I always wear a collar on the golf course and the shirts have sleeves. And by the way, that wimpy office Swingline stapler makes a real nice implement for interrogation (torture). You just pull the top and the bottom apart and tap the subject on the kneecap with the top containing the staples. After about five staples in the left knee cap, he's telling you about the first time he had sex with his sister and the younger farm animals.

At least us white collar guys know the difference between a stapler and a staple gun. In the middle of my life I was a white collar guy. In the beginning, I wore a uniform with no collar and fought beside some of your esteemed countrymen up north a bunch of klicks against the Commies that were actually a much bigger threat to you than us. Then after I got back home, I worked in my own machine shop so that whatever collar I was wearing was soaked with machine oil at the end of each day. Now in the twilight of my working career, I am employed by the Local Government and it doesn't care if you wear a collar or not. However, I always wear a collar on the golf course and the shirts have sleeves. And by the way, that wimpy office Swingline stapler makes a real nice implement for interrogation (torture). You just pull the top and the bottom apart and tap the subject on the kneecap with the top containing the staples. After about five staples in the left knee cap, he's telling you about the first time he had sex with his sister and the younger farm animals.
    I'd like to meet the guy who invented the staple remover. That thing just looks menacing. How in the world did someone come up with that thing? I agree with your statement about binder clips. Those things are like an ex wife...they never let go.

I have reached the end of the internet.
    It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Hey, just had a lesson from Scott Mahlberg at Stadium Golf. They have the best video and just added the latest launch monitor that creates a 6-page report. As before, he can record his verbal lesson with before and after views of the student swings. Then he sends the student email with both the launch monitor report and video of the lesson with his verbal instruction. Pretty slick.

More important was the lesson, during which I learned how to make a late release and control the direction. I expect to get my distance back! I had thought max clubhead speed at impact was primarily a function of making a downswing with the wrist angle retained. And it is, but I never knew how to do it. I learned in this lesson that good players do it by PULLING or dragging the club handle longitudinally until their hands are over the ball-- while rolling their forearms to close the clubface and trap the ball. WOW, the combination adds immense clubhead speed at impact. It delays the release until AFTER the clubhead has contacted the ball, you can hear the compression. And the direction is controlled by the closing clubface.

Of course the foundation for this is the golfer having his front heel down and weighted EARLY, however. If that hasn't happened, the arm action won't work. The golf swing remains, turn, SHIFT, swing. Physics haven't changed.

If you have a few extra bucks, drop by and take a lesson. Scott is probably the best in our San Diego area.

Larry

Isn't he Donnie Mahlberg's brother?

I have yet to reply to any thing from you know who but how in the hell does this dumb shite go from staplers to his same old crap on this thread? Can we not have ONE thread without him seguing to his reach around buddy?
    Bridgestone J38 10.5, Srixon 2,3,4 hybrids. Snake Eyes Viper Tour
    Eidolon 52,56 and 60 wedges.
    Bettinardi sb-5+ putter.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1135 View Post
    I have yet to reply to any thing from you know who but how in the hell does this dumb shite go from staplers to his same old crap on this thread? Can we not have ONE thread without him seguing to his reach around buddy?
    Fixed.

Larry, if you want to post your non-sensical, thoughtless drivel in your own threads, have at it. However, off-topic threadjack attempts will not be tolerated.
    I keeps it real.

Isn't he Donnie Mahlberg's brother?
    Oh, so its Scott now. What happened to Kevin? When I was in the Philippines, the vibrant young ladies referred to guys who went from one to another easily as "butterflies". What was really dangerous is that the national tool in the Philippines is the butterfly knife and every one of those young flowers packed one. And were known to butterfly their butterflies.

Fixed.

Larry, if you want to post your non-sensical, thoughtless drivel in your own threads, have at it. However, off-topic threadjack attempts will not be tolerated.
    Hey, I paid big bucks for that non-sensical, thoughtless drivel! I did post it in your "having problems with the transition" thread in the golf discussion side.

You are the guy who asked, now you get the essence of MY lesson for free. Of course some cannot be taught....

Larry

Chambers Bay is my favourite (it is not my location)
    Hey, I paid big bucks for that non-sensical, thoughtless drivel! I did post it in your "having problems with the transition" thread in the golf discussion side.

You are the guy who asked, now you get the essence of MY lesson for free. Of course some cannot be taught....
    You mean like Kevin couldn't teach you?
    TaylorMade r7 9.5°
    TM 200 Steel 3-wood
    TM 3 Hybrid
    Titleist AP2 w/Project X shafts 3-PW
    Cleveland 52°, Titleist Vokey 56° & 60°
    Tommy Armour Model 6 putter.

Quote Originally Posted by alangbaker View Post
    You mean like Kevin couldn't teach you?
    Come on Alan. No backsliding now.

That's it.

I am outta this thread...

It's not my fault God made me this beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    That's it.

This one got a legitimate LOL out of me. Nice work, spank doggie dogg!
    I keeps it real.

Quote Originally Posted by spanqdoggie View Post
    That's it.

Spank, can you PM me and let me know how you inbed the actual video footage into your post? I have tried this to no avail.

Spank, can you PM me and let me know how you inbed the actual video footage into your post? I have tried this to no avail.
    They are not videos. They are just animated Giffs.

Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Home-slicer View Post

I liked the stapler that Tony Soprano used on Mikey Palmice in Season One.

My favorite is the one that is third from the right. The Swingline.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z stapler photo.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	2843  

Quote Originally Posted by poe4soul View Post
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Thread Information