|   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Stats & Facts - Vol 9 (Yani Tseng Fires her Caddie)

The LPGA will be idle this coming week, the second of a two week break. The tour will resume the following weekend in France with the playing of the Evian Masters.

With 13 more tournaments still to be played, I am looking forward to a very exciting second half of the season. For now let's look at the most important statistics for the first half of the year:

http://mlyhlss.blogspot.com/2012/07/...eng-fires.html

Tseng cant hit a beachball straight the past month and its her caddies fault? WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Tseng cant hit a beachball straight the past month and its her caddies fault? WTF.
    Yea, I agree. Her caddie Jason Hamilton was named 2011 Caddie of the year. I guess it didn't give him job security.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Have you ever tried to hit a beachball straight? It's damn near impossible.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

people will lơok for "others" to blame their own mistakes.... CEO hires outside consultants to reshape his/her company... so that CEO has "others" to blame later

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    Have you ever tried to hit a beachball straight?
    Only during my School of Golf training exercises.....guess it could be the duct tape, hulahoop, or hockeysticks fault...

Quote Originally Posted by tonyj5 View Post
    Yea, I agree. Her caddie Jason Hamilton was named 2011 Caddie of the year. I guess it didn't give him job security.
    Although seriously, caddying on the LPGA Tour is something you do when you are in between janitor jobs. Maybe a better paying opportunity opened up at McDonalds.
    fred3 antagonizer
    2010 recipiant of TRG Commendation of Excellence
    Member GR Club 5K
    Member GFF Crew

*Plus many more accolades that are the cause of jealousy

Jason was the victim of a tragic case of penis envy.
    Maxfli Fire- Driver-LW
    Putter- Scotty Cameron limited edition Studio Select Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Horseballs View Post
    Have you ever tried to hit a beachball straight? It's damn near impossible.
    That's correct. You have to shape your shots. Only choppers on the LPGA Tour would try and hit a beachball straight.
    I chose the road less traveled.

Now where the f#ck am I?

The Evian Masters is my favourite LPGA event to watch. Not for the players or the golf but the magnificent scenery. Wish like hell I had the financial wherewithall to spend summers over there.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Yani started strong and went bad. She's making changes.

Caddying sounds like an awful job to me. I've never done it except for pulling my uncle's pull-trolley when I was a little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Yani started strong and went bad. She's making changes.

Caddying sounds like an awful job to me. I've never done it except for pulling my uncle's pull-trolley when I was a little boy.
    I wouldn't mind doing it for a senior tour player. One who makes over a mil every year. They can ride carts. If the player wants to ride in a cart for a hole, the bag stays in the cart. That would be a cool job for 10% of the guy's gross.
    Mostly Taylormade clubs now except for two Ping I25 hybrids, Mizuno 54 & Callaway 56 wedges.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing it for a senior tour player. One who makes over a mil every year. They can ride carts. If the player wants to ride in a cart for a hole, the bag stays in the cart. That would be a cool job for 10% of the guy's gross.
    I remember going to a Senior Tour Event at the Raley's Senior Gold Rush at Serrano CC many years ago. I was watching a group with Lee Trevino and Rocky Thompson. I was watching from the side of the fairway where they were getting ready to hit their second shots into a Par 5. Rocky seemed to be getting into it with his caddie. I walked up to the green and here comes Rocky's caddie with the cart. He gets out of the cart and is shaking his head and says "un-f#cking believable". I thought that was one of the funniest things I'd seen while watching a tournament. A caddie on the brink of insanity while caddying for a complete jerk. I can't imagine doing that job.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdavis View Post
    I remember going to a Senior Tour Event at the Raley's Senior Gold Rush at Serrano CC many years ago. I was watching a group with Lee Trevino and Rocky Thompson. I was watching from the side of the fairway where they were getting ready to hit their second shots into a Par 5. Rocky seemed to be getting into it with his caddie. I walked up to the green and here comes Rocky's caddie with the cart. He gets out of the cart and is shaking his head and says "un-f#cking believable". I thought that was one of the funniest things I'd seen while watching a tournament. A caddie on the brink of insanity while caddying for a complete jerk. I can't imagine doing that job.
    Rocky Thompson's infomercial for the Killer Bee driver was a classic piece of work. I am heavily into golf equipment infomercials and, having a television production background gathered while I was obtaining my BA in Communications, I am certainly qualified as an infomercial critic. Of course the primary purpose of the infomercial is to get as many viewers as possible to get up and call in now. But wait....if you call within the next 30 minutes, you'll get free shipping, Rocky's personal video instruction manual for the Killer Bee (In your choice of VHS or Beta), and a custom head cover personally signed by Rocky. Take it deep or take it home. Of course I finally got me one of dem Killer Bees and played with it for about two seasons. Then they came out with the Killer Bee Titanium with the Bullwhip Shaft. That was the tits...incrementally better than the original but they were like $350 and out of my range. Ironically, after the Killer Bee, I bought a used Top Flite Heat Lee Trevino driver. A composite head in 10 or 10.5 degrees. I hit the snot out of it and won the long drive contest in a lawyers and bankers scramble event back around '94. My winning poke was 285 into a 20 mph wind. The runner up was using a new great huge biggest humongous Big Bertha Titanium he had just paid $500 for. He was a rich lawyer and he was pissed that my drive passed his by about three yards. One of the guys playing with him said that the wind caught his and ballooned up straight up and down with no roll. Now I hit mine low purposely and aimed at a burnt out grassy knoll about ten yards in the right rough. The fairway slanted pretty severely from right to left and I figured that if I hit that knoll with a low bullet about 235 out, my ball would hit hard and run like it stole something. And that's how it turned out. In retrospect, it was a classic Trevino-type shot.

I think her caddy was sick of playing catcher and asked for a turn at being pitcher. Or maybe his arse stretched too much and s(he) couldnt touch the side any more. Asian guys are known for being light on down thwre. No offence pky.
    The views expressed by Not a Hacker are not meant to be understood by you primitive screw heads. Don't take it personally, just sit back and enjoy the writings of your better.

Quote Originally Posted by Not a hacker View Post
    I think her caddy was sick of playing catcher and asked for a turn at being pitcher. Or maybe his arse stretched too much and s(he) couldnt touch the side any more. Asian guys are known for being light on down thwre. No offence pky.
    I forgive you, son....

Yani will have Basil Van Rooyen on the bag at the Evian Masters according to Beth Ann Baldry.

Yani will have Basil Van Rooyen on the bag at the Evian Masters according to Beth Ann Baldry.
    Yani is not the next Annika or Lorena. I'll go on record with that right now.

To be honest, I don't see one coming, and golf always prospers most with a superstar who's even money against the whole field.

Thread Information